ProcurementExpress.com Reviews

ProcurementExpress.com

Purchase order management for growing teams.

4.7/5 (285 reviews)
Christina L.

I needed a simple PO system for a start up, got this system live in a week!

Reviewed on 2017/09/10

Solved my PO Approval needs without having to go to an enterprise tool like Oracle.

Pros

Functionality: easy to use, well designed, thoughtful workflows, robust functionality without being burdensome. ProcurementExpress.com not only understands the ins and outs of POs, but they also have created an information architecture that covers every base. UI/UX: Intuitive, clean design, modern look and one of the best UI designs I've seen. Speed of implementation - I literally spent a week from finding ProcurementExpress.com online to issuing our first PO. Set up was a breeze, ProcurementExpress.com was willing to help but I preferred to just plow through myself. Nifty import and export features are handy for mass updates or uploads. Support:I work in the software industry and ProcurementExpress.com has the best support I've ever seen. Chat is almost always available, reps are knowledgeable and I have yet to not get a resolution on my first contact. They do weekly releases, so if you need an enhancement, they are very responsive and timely on getting them in. I recommended it to our accounting firm to share with their other small biz clients, it was exactly what I needed for my client. In a nutshell, best in class design and exceptionally good customer support. It is the awesome customer support that makes it a no brainer choice.

Cons

Cons with the software are very few. I had a little trouble understanding how the Approval Limits worked, but that was probably my ignorance on the PO process. The ProcurementExpress.com rep called me during a chat question and clarified within 5 minutes. The user documentation is light, but because the support is so good - the don't need heavy how to documents or videos. I created my own training videos for my staff, it would have been cool if ProcurementExpress.com had a YouTube channel with training videos. Maybe that is to come...

K L.

Amazingly simple and effective streamlined Purchase Order management product

Reviewed on 2016/12/20

After screening multiple PO products, ProcurementExpress.com was by far and away my favorite.

The platform provides virtually everything that could be desired in a simple user-friendly solution. Consulting at a construction company that is used to a loose paper process, the user friendliness of the product made the transition to electronic option feasible.

There is a history shown on each PO, allowing visibility into any edits that are made (the edit feature is something we use every day). It is great to be able to add custom fields and control which fields are required vs optional.

We look forward to the app being available as well in the future. The fact that we were able to pay for some company specific customizations that were owner requisites was phenomenal (as nice as the standard product is without the customization, we greatly look forward to the enhancements). After the free trial, we were sold on deciding to move forward with company-wide implementation.

Pros

- Customization Options - particularly enjoy being able to make some fields optional vs mandatory

-Searchable - going to the list of POs it is easy to search for a specific word that is contained in any given number of POs in virtually any field

-Customer Service - during the implementation phase and beyond customer service responsiveness has been great (usually able to get a response within 24 hours from around the world)

Cons

-Customer Service (occasionally the time zone seemed like it caused confusion for when a support call might be scheduled given the international nature of the company)

Response from Rubberstamp.io

Thank you Katie for your insightful review. We love to hear from our clients and how they find our System. Hopefully our 24hour support will change the confusion with the different time zones.

David S.

Our whole organisation are extremely pleased with our acquisition of ProcurementExpress.com.

Reviewed on 2017/05/22

Pros

ProcurementExpress.com is really easy to use, and not one of our people struggles with it. The best feature is that you can use it anywhere because it is web based, which suits us down to the ground as many of our team travel & work in remote locations. The customer support is excellent, so when we find we need a new feature the ProcurementExpress.com team usually sort us out very quickly.

Cons

Now that we have been using it a few years the data base has grown quite large and so we would like the reporting features to be enhanced, with more filters prior to data dump rather than sorting the spreadsheets afterwards.

Response from Rubberstamp.io

David, thank you for taking the time to give us such wonderful review. Your enhancement request is noted and will be forwarded to our development team.

Robert L.

PO system review.

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

As a customer of ProcurementExpress.com I believe it is an invaluable part of my day to day business and is used by all employees to purchase items for my office and for jobs. It truly makes my job easier and keeps things organized and easy to follow up and track down when needed for my day to day operations. I run a small HVAC company and it simply works great for us. Definitely, recommend this for all companies who need to keep track of their outgoing expenses and make purchases a process that is not hard to use. And being able to use it as a desktop or mobile version makes life easy for my Techs out in the field. And as a business owner being able to check and restrict purchase amount keeps my guys from overspending without prior approval which keeps my expenses down and on track for my P&L. In short great program and easy to use. Keep up the good work guys.

Pros

desktop and mobile use is a great thing for a busy office.

Cons

mobile version sluggish on some days.

Response from Rubberstamp.io

Great review, thank you Robert. Glad that Rubberstamp helps keep things in place. The mobile app is still a work in progress.

Stacey P.

I find it very easy to use and a simple solution to keeping control of budgets.

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

Very easy to use

Pros

I like that this software gives Department Heads the responsibility of keeping their budgets under control. The system does not allow for over spending as a PO cannot be written when there is no money left. The ability to give different levels of approval to certain members of staff is also great. It is great for the Accounting Team to have the comfort in knowing that when a bill is being paid, it has gone though the appropriate approval process.

Cons

- The inability to save a draft PO even when there are no funds available.
- That the header doesn't stay visible on the page when you scroll down through the purchase order lists.

Adrian B.

Great product

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

Wonderful piece of software does just what we need - tracking expenditure - without being overly complex, or requiring any accounts system integration. Would be nice to have some extra features (e.g. charts, graphs) and some more ways to customize views of data, but overall we are very pleased. Support is amazing - practically instant, 24 hours a day. They also don't insist on up-front sales calls before allowing a trial, which is a bonus.

Pros

Simple, not overly complex/bloated. Enables efficient tracking of expenditure and helps finance reconcile accounts.

Cons

Lack of charts/graphs
Lack of customization of views (e.g. viewing custom fields when viewing lists of POs)
Inability to re-allocate items to different budgets after approval/payment without unmarking the invoice as paid, canceling and revising
It would also be nice to have budget groups - which would allow budget categories to be grouped together under an overarching 'master' budget.
Per-line item allocations would also be good - we had to create custom fields for this.
There are other small annoyances - e.g. files needing to be re-attached if an error is found when submitting a PO, but the above are the most prominent.

Response from Rubberstamp.io

Thank you Adrian for your insightful review. We value our clients opinion and help us build on a better product. Although there is a few hiccups, we are glad to hear you are satisfied with our software. We will speak with development and see what we can do about adding charts and graphs, I believe it is on the roadmap for future developments.

Roland A.

rich enough for complex financial management; easy enough to get working fast

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2016/08/11

Started using this well over a year ago. The team is improving it at a good pace. It is now very feature rich and remains easy to use.

Pros

Good value for the money. We use it for purchasing control and approval. It is not as good at tracking "traveling salesperson" expenses but it works OK for that. It does do budget tracking and provides good tools for proposing a big ticket expense, gathering information, organizing discussions about options, and then recording what was bought, when it was paid for, when it was delivered, etc.

Cons

It doesn't have features like importing data from corporate credit card accounts that you might want for a big team of outbound traveling people turning in expense reports after the fact.

Response from Rubberstamp.io

Thank you for your insightful review Roland. Thank you for your compliment we appreciate it. We will look into the data importing from corporate credit card accounts.

Shaikh S.

Easy and Helpful

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

It is a online a platform where can upload the invoices it will go to the respective defined approver for approval, once it is approved, the invoice are good to go for payment.

Before using Procurement express, We had to actually manage the hard copies of the invoices and maintain the excel file for records, ProcurementExpress helped a lot to store invoices at one platform and hence managing invoices becomes easy.

Pros

Easy to upload invoice, supports almost types of files, can download CSV file to analyse quickly, Stored data at one platform, can be accessible from anywhere, Good customer support.

Cons

It doesn't give option to put tax amount manually.

Response from ProcurementExpress.com

Hi Shaikh, we're happy that you find the app easy and helpful. That's exactly what we aim for.

The reason for the fixed tax rate is that manually entering tax makes it too easy for people to ignore/forget about adding tax. You can add any number of tax rates in the company settings.

Laurie B.

Makes my life so much easier!

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

It keeps my life organized and everything is accounted for. PLUS I don't have to keep the paper receipts!

Pros

It makes everything so organized and measurable. I absolutely LOVE Rubberstamp! I just trained another girl last week on how to use it.

Cons

I wish that I could print out reports because I do a LOT of the entries, but I'm not the Administrator. Sometimes I like to report how much I've spent on Publix and/or BJ's Wholesale Club, but I have to bug the Administrator when I want to do that. I've been with you all awhile. Any way that you can enable me to do that?

Paul F.

Easy and simple to use, a few small glitches.

Reviewed on 2017/02/20

Overall I am quite pleased with ProcurementExpress.com. It is incredibly simple, yet very robust. It has made my budgets very transparent and I am able to easily track my departments spending. It has eliminated the PO paper trail that was time consuming, inefficient, and inaccurate. The real time updates allow me to plan better my budgets. The only issue that I would like to be fixed is that an approved amount total still affects my budget even if I partially pay some of it. This and a few other small glitches have appeared but the developer has been very good about making updates to address like issues. Overall I am very pleased with this product and it was a good improvement in my budgeting process.

Pros

Eliminates the need for paper. Great transparency. Easy to use.

Cons

Still some glitches that need to be fixed.

Response from Rubberstamp.io

Thank you for your review Paul, it is much appreciated. Feel free to talk to us about the glitches you experience and we will let the development team look at it.

7.0/10
Tom E.

Engage. Collaborate. Evolve.

Reviewed on 2016/08/08

ProcurementExpress.com is an awesome platform! The user friendly and intuitive interface quickly gets users online and keeps them engaged. You have the ability to add custom fields to tailor a solution that is as unique as your business. The team is responsive and engages requests to improve the solution. Watching the software evolve over the last six months amazes me and confirms this was the right solution for our company.

Pros

Clean, user friendly and intuitive user face. Mobile for users and the administrator. Responsive customer service. Constant stream of improvements. Focused on improving the user experience.

Cons

None

Response from Rubberstamp.io

Tom, thank you for your great review, we appreciate it. We enjoy getting insight from our clients and to hear how they experience the software. We hope you continue to enjoy the software as it is in a growing phase.

Philip H.

I have been using Rubberstamp for over three years. It has been a great experience until now.

Reviewed on 2017/10/09

- Traceability
- Ubiquitous access
- Control over the procurement department
- Scalability
- a parallel platform to our existing accounting SW

Pros

The following is the pros I have found in rubberstamp:
- easy and fluid access
- simple display
- rich content
- scalability
- ubiquitous
- customer care responsiveness

Cons

- the possibility of having duplications in the approval of POs.
- you cannot change the payment process and details from your account. You need to contact admin
- reporting schemes should be developed more

Shane B.

Organized PO System

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Pros

I really like how everything is organized and how it makes getting approvals on purchase orders done a lot faster. It's done more efficient. Everything is there and if I need to look up an old order or cross reference the PO number, I can do find it in seconds. Saves so much time!

Cons

If I push enter after adding one item, it automatically sends the PO. That's very minor considering the amount of time this has saved me

Response from ProcurementExpress.com

Thanks for the kind words, Shane.

Time is money, so we're very happy to save you so much time.

We'll have a deeper look at the UX of pressing enter after adding line items. Thank you for the feedback.

Molly F.

ProcurementExpress.com - Good

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

ProcurementExpress.com has gotten better to use over the last couple of years. They have made changes as requested to improve the site, so I know that they are listening to suggestions. I haven't had any issues with the site as of late.

Pros

I like that the we have made suggestions over the years, and the company has truly listened. They have been able to cater to the needs of the company.

Cons

Sometimes I wish I could use short cut keys instead of having to use the mouse all the time. It's minor, so not a big deal.

Response from Rubberstamp.io

Molly, thank you for your great review, we aim to please.

Sarah C.

Perfect way to gather all our PO's in one location - no more losing paper!

Reviewed on 2017/06/02

Pros

I LOVE that we can comment on the Purchase Orders to communicate, rather than emailing. It's way easier to locate conversations!

Cons

I dislike that you cannot alter a PO once it has been approved. Many times we have to estimate prices and when the invoice comes in we can't change the amounts (or the budgets!).

Response from Rubberstamp.io

Hi Sarah,

Thank you so much for the review.

I wanted to follow up with you on your "cons".

If you are a finance user, you can actually make changes to purchase orders after they have been approved.

You are right about changing budgets though. We are working on that at the moment so I'll let you know once something has been changed there. It'll only be for finance users though as otherwise regular users could game the system and create POs for unauthorised amounts. A big no no :-)

Best

Richard

Miguel F.

Great value for money product

Reviewed on 2017/03/03

We got ProcurementExpress.com to handle the approval process for a 150-employee sized company. We were looking for ease of use and fast implementation. Since the adoption of ProcurementExpress.com we have been able to increase the control over purchase approvals (we have not overrun budget since then), we have eliminated bureaucratic forms that required physical signatures (and most times would be incomplete) and we have streamlined the approval process.

Pros

Ease of use, "lightness", fast customer support

Cons

None so far

Response from Rubberstamp.io

Thank you Miguel! Reading your review feels really great. You've mentioned just about everything we aim for with Rubberstamp.io, so air-fives to you from everyone in the office!

Jerome G.

This software is pretty much "follow the bouncing ball"

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

We are a small startup company division. This software let us get moving quickly on our own with a small engineering team and no purchasing dept.

Pros

Just haven't ran into many problems at all, pretty intuitive for sure. It took me one or two orders to get a good understanding of the package. Generally simple to use once accounts are setup, good cut and paste capability too from other packages.

Cons

Could use more feedback on what is going on behind the scenes. This would give more confidence that everything is working. I still seem to be guessing sometimes if the software is completing the process. My job requires me to have confidence the orders complete and off to the vender and vender then get paid.

Deniece S.

Very user friendly and support readily available to assist if in trouble.

Reviewed on 2017/08/07

Accessible anywhere

Pros

Internet based. Anyone can access anywhere and anytime.
Budget system availability on each line item hence when sending something for approval, can see variance

Cons

Line items are created in a specific directory.
If line item does not exist whilst creating the PO, there is no shortcut to create the account

Sufiyan S.

We have been using ProcurementExpress.com since last 4 months, it has helped us in maintaining our invoices.

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

It has made the process defined and easier.

Pros

It is easy to use, doesn't take much time in uploading files, Its a secured platform , It is very useful for storing invoices, Gives proper notifications to all stakeholders, can download the data in CSV format and do the analysis, Accounting process made easier, importantly it defines a process where it allows to create Purchase order and then it goes to respective approvers for approval and then Delivery status then payment status. And one can access this from anywhere by login in the software after filling up login ID and Password.Over all is good Software.

Cons

Not such as CONs, but yes want to suggest if this software can also provide us the payment notification to internal team, such as, there should be an option where one can enter the due date of Payment, and it should give automatic reminder or notification for payments. It will smooth the payment process. This is the only thing is missing in ProcurementExpress.com.

Kirsten L.

Very easy system to use

Reviewed on 2017/05/17

Pros

Very easy to log in and get right to entering invoices. Easy to find app where ever I'm looking for it.

Cons

Wish it was a little easier to look up an old PO#. I would like for the system to save all work entered.

Response from Rubberstamp.io

Kirsten, thank you for taking the time to review our application, it is much appreciated.
We will have a look at retrieving old PO's easier.

Kenia S.

Its one of the greatest programs They set in place for our company

Reviewed on 2017/05/02

Pros

That I can run reports off everything I've created. Allowing me to check if it's been done yet or not.

Cons

That I cant run a report of everything that was created for the job#. It would help tremendously if that was possible.

Response from Rubberstamp.io

Thank you for your review Kenia, it is much appreciated. We will look in to the reporting structure.

Dusan K.

PO solution well done!

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Pros

We have been using ProcurementExpress for 10 months now. We acomplished almost all the goals we wanted with this solution. I would say it is very flexible and can help both small and big companies because it is easily scalable, the structure of PO approval, budgets and budget structure can be very simple or complex depending od the needs.

Cons

This is not a con, but only a suggestion, sometimes we miss certain features that we think are a must, but the the development team does not. On the other hand, some of our suggestions were immediately corrected or even added to the system.

Maurice F.

Very good program , easy to use and easy to create P.O.

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

time and money...!!!

Pros

The control of expenses for all our departments. System block if to much money spent.
Good reporting system.
I really appreciate this program. Make our life easier in the accounting department specially
for me the business manager.

Cons

not much..... I little bit complicate to put the program on going, when a new accounting year start. Up to today my colleague Srtacey still working on it, to make everything working for all users.

one of the best PO programs out there, simple and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

Pros

access online and mobile phone
keeps tracks of your Purchase Orders
sorting by vendor
capture expenses per annual

Cons

cant hashtag other people within the company to review.
need to add an @person
archive year end
search by product or services
keyword search is limited

Andrew D.

Quick & Easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Tighter control and ease over our company orderng

Pros

Once you have set up all your suppliers/products etc, it is super easy to raise a purchase order which is allocated to a budget. The templates are editable so you can get your company branding on there. It is very easy to use, not over complicated. We needed a simple solution for our on-site employees, and it is working well!

Cons

Could have better integrations with other accounts packages, to press you can export in Xero bur little else. I understand the guys at
ProcurementExpress.com are looking into this as a future development.