Stackify Retrace

4,3
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The server tracker

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Overall a very good package for developers like me to track my whole code status at one go.

Pros

It loads automatically all my codes independent of their environments and provides a very qualitative support for the bug detection and helps in debugging. I can keep track of all the things happening on my server.

Cons

Bundles up all the report and sometimes multiple deployments causes errors.

George R.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Retace is a must-have tool.

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

We were having performance issues in PROD but as if often the case we were not able to reproduce those issues in development. Retrace gave us a lightweight real time line of sight to our system. We simply cannot live without Retrace right now. i recommend it for every project I work on.

Pros

fast, easy great support

Cons

dashboard. would love a new dashboard and ability to save/bookmark timeslices for review later.

Carlos eduardo A.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Good and easy to use, but there are difficulties on the way

Reviewed on 2017/03/31

The service is pretty easy to use, very good too, but we found some difficulties on our servers on the way, like we have experienced a high cpu use and restarted the Stackify agent and it solved the problem.

Pros

Easy, good, works

Cons

There are some problems with the agent sometimes.

Kevin C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great tool to do error followup

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/03/28

I use the free version so I can't complain about the pricing and didn't need support up till now. I especially like the fact you can flag errors as 'resolved', 'ignore' etc. What would be helpful here is an auto update of the list when I flag one. To keep the list up-to-date, I always need to refilter it every time taking quite a bit of time (search, filter by project)...

Pros

Clean and easy to do some followup.

Cons

Some missing auto-refresh of the current list.

Company size: 10 000+ Employees

What a powerful log management solution

Reviewed on 2015/02/16

We love the Stackify error & log management solution it was the perfect solution (after a months long journey trialing numerous logging services!). It provides you with all the info to easily find the source of an exception. We also monitor our logs to ensure that there are no spikes of log especially around important KPIs and specific customers.

Pros

We especially like being able to go from getting notification of exception that is trending in the wrong direction to see all the logs recorded around that exception.
Stackify also have very friendly and helpful support team

Cons

We haven't had the time to evaluate their monitoring solution, but we're looking forward to do that.

Response from Stackify

Thank you for your kind words. You should also try our new application performance management solution

Tharsanan K.

Development Software That You Need

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/03/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Very easy to use and with minimal code we can achieve more. The two key things about this software are learn how to use is very easy and we can integrate it with our website very easily.

Cons

Sometimes get database connections become difficult but other than that i don't see any other problems yet

Tom G.
Industry: Internet

Easy to set up, a hit with the whole team

Reviewed on 2015/03/23

Stackify allowed us to quickly set up a centralized logging system which was easily accessible to developers, qa and product for review and analysis.

Pros

It was very quick/easy to set up.

Response from Stackify

Thanks, this is great to hear. We use the tool in our Dev, QA and Prod. as well. It's nice to be able to compare behavior before and after release, and know that we didn't re-introduce any old issues.

Meenakshi S.

Build Better

Reviewed on 2017/04/03

Integration of performance management with log management so you get the parameters sent,Error Escalation ,Log management was awesome

Pros

Error Escalation
Log management
Lots of information from server-based agent.
Logging integration adds even more data.

Cons

No on-premises server option. Agent required for every monitored system. No Java support at this time

Christopher H.
Industry: Telecommunications

The UI is easy to use.

Logging

Pros

I really like how easy it is to navigate Stackify. I log in, navigate to what i need and dont have to think about it.

Cons

The cost associated when logging debug info and errors. There are a lot of features in the UI. Is there more features coming down the pipeline?

Jeremy K.

Stackify Retrace has been monumental in our day-to-day monitoring of our 70+ Azure VMs.

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Streamline's my workflow; I don't have to visit each machine individually as they're all in my Stackify portal.

Pros

Dashboard, reporting at a glance, custom parameters/alerts, super-scalable,. Also, they have 3 levels you can set, which is really nice to not have a 4-alarm fire for 80% mem usage.

Cons

Setting up parameters to monitor can be challenging to figure out, but just because there are so many. You really need to know what you want to monitor.

Jake D.

DevOps out of the box!

Reviewed on 2015/02/12

Until Stackify, there was no one tool to do monitoring, performance dashboards, log aggregation, and more. This same technology would come with 5 or more software/hardware products and 5 or more bills as well. Stackify does all of this in one package and provides you the actionable insights necessary to target problems when they happen and point you directly to where they are happening and all systems/software affected.

Pros

Log aggregation is by far my favorite feature. Beyond this, the dashboards provide the window directly to your systems, stacks and help interrelate software and hardware systems, even across multiple data centers and cloud sites.

Cons

Putting on my software engineer hat, I would like to have the ability to prescribe templates for how I want to view certain aggregations of logs for certain app stacks to better represent that stack right out of the box instead of having to select it each time.

Response from Stackify

Thanks Jake. You can see your predefined set of logs today using saved log query by environment, app, error, specific ID or strings etc.
We will be releasing soon a new feature that will give you even more flexibility.

Brahadeeswaran M.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Cheapest APM which can compete with market leaders

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Overall all very much satisfied for choosing this tool

Pros

Cost. Its very cheap and has 85% functionalities provided by the market leaders.

Cons

Setting up initially can be little tough.

Joel B.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Stackify has saved us so much time and resources

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

Not only was the set-up great by the Stackify support staff, but the data that we were able to extrapolate from the information provided helped reduce pages error and slow loading on over 30% of our internal .net ERP. We are extremely thrilled to have this software working, and with the great historics that it provides, if the server ever has a fault, I don't have to worry about tracking down what caused the crash before getting the server back up again. With Stackify I can just go through the logs of the user sessions at anytime, so I can look through what happened later, instead of making sure that I nailed down the issue before rebooting the server and losing info about what 'currently was causing the hangup'. Thanks for the great software guys.

Pros

The ability to drill down into an issue is phenomenal, you can spend your time wisely with this feature. Focus on your biggest problems first right? So, start on the dashboard and just start diving in on the top issues from there. You get to see what went wrong, and all of the calls and requests to the server by simply drilling down, it makes sure that my small dev team is spending their time on the issues that will have the biggest day to day impact for our users.

Cons

Slight learning curve, but with any robust software that is always the case. Thankfully, the support staff is willing to go through extensive deep-dives into explaining how the software works.

Brian M.

Retrace Review

Reviewed on 2017/03/31

Everything with retrace has been easy from installation to customer support when we do have questions. The data that we get from the application helps us be proactive in finding issues before our customers notice any issues.

Pros

Ease of getting data this is otherwise difficult to obtain.

Cons

There are a few features that we would still like since we host multiple web sites and would like to be able to compare sites against each other.

Ashif A.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

It is a simple config change to your app and you are good to go. Very user friendly & easily to use.

Reviewed on 2017/07/31

Pros

Filters are great. You can filter accurately by date and current hours. The software gives the ability to filter by environment and by log level. Easy to read and sort.

Cons

The black UI. It would be great if the UI is more catchy. Can have the ability to trace live logs.

Michael C.

I love this software!

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

I am able to see server issues as they're creeping up, rather than after my customers are already upset and ready to leave!

Pros

I love how I can accurately monitor average calls on all of my servers per application! This really helps isolate problems.

Cons

I just wish I knew how to navigate this software better. I know it does so much more that I simply don't understand!

Oluwatobi A.
Industry: Government Administration

Oluwatobi' s Review

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/03/31

Its very helpful to be able to see metrics from my application in real time. I don't have to log in to a database.

Genti M.
Industry: Banking

Stackify for me

Reviewed on 2017/04/05

There are many problems in configuration.
And little explanation for impalement.
And little widget, and does not support the installation spun enough to log and errorr.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Matt B.

Non-Developer

Reviewed on 2017/03/31

I am not a software developer, I just work for a company that has a lot. However, I do use Retrace on a regular basis to identify errors that I come across on our sites. It really helps bridge the gap between what I'm seeing and the information our developers need to correct potential problems.
Not being a developer, however, means a lot of the functionality and information presented is over my head and looks like jargon.

Michael G.
Industry: Utilities

When problems arrive Stackify has us on top

Reviewed on 2015/05/04

It is so awesome to know our IT department is now the first to know of a site outage or server problem. Thanks to Stackify we get alerts within minutes of anything odd or unexpected allowing us to evaluate and correct if a problem exists,

Thanks Stackify

Pros

Flexible and affordable

Cons

Can't think of any we have expereinced

Jeff F.

No value and a drain on resources

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

I am forced to use Stackify in my application by management. It offers no value and slows down the loading of my application. I would remove it if management would listen.

Pros

Nothing

Cons

Slow to load and offers no value.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Adam M.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

QA Resource: Using Logging

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

Been well so far, used it for a few months and been fairly easy to track down issues and other bugs swallowed up by applications.

Pros

Streamlined, fairly simple to use

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

The best .NET APM tool

Reviewed on 2015/06/01

We were using New Relic, but it wasn't providing us the info we wanted and it was so expensive that we couldn't afford having it on all prod servers. I've been using Stackify in a .net , Azure based webapp, the app is with high traffic subscription service, and solid services is essential. In one case we were using Stackify to identify an issue that made the site slow occasionally, it was very hard to pin point the source of the problem. Once installed it was a very fast process and we identified the combination of issues that lead to this behavior. Having the log and error data as part of the detailed trace was tremendous help. And seeing all the logs recorded when an exception was thrown is a cool little feature. Personally I can watch their real-time tailing all day long.

Simple installation
In-line log and error data in trace
Integration of performance management with log management
Lower cost than most competitors

Cons

Need to improve their mobile support
APM needed in more languages

Response from Stackify

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you managed to fix the issue fast, are you now monitoring this issue, so if it will ever come back you'll be notified about it?

Ruben C.

Invaluable development tool

Reviewed on 2017/03/31

Stackify has become a standard tool from me which has proved invaluable for diagnosing and troubleshooting.
The ease of setup and low cost makes it a no brainer. The ability to search and filter exceptions help immensely.

Pros

Search and filtering capabilities make it a powerful tool.

Vidhi G.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great software, affordable and accurate

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

Stacking retrace meets all the requirements from a developers perspective. It give most accurate details and it's easy to use.

Pros

It's easy to use and accurate

Cons

The details sometimes needs to be hidden deep