Stackify Retrace Reviews

Stackify Retrace

Performance (APM) for developers. All insights, one platform

4.3/5 (74 reviews)
Joel B.

Stackify has saved us so much time and resources

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

Not only was the set-up great by the Stackify support staff, but the data that we were able to extrapolate from the information provided helped reduce pages error and slow loading on over 30% of our internal .net ERP. We are extremely thrilled to have this software working, and with the great historics that it provides, if the server ever has a fault, I don't have to worry about tracking down what caused the crash before getting the server back up again. With Stackify I can just go through the logs of the user sessions at anytime, so I can look through what happened later, instead of making sure that I nailed down the issue before rebooting the server and losing info about what 'currently was causing the hangup'. Thanks for the great software guys.

Pros

The ability to drill down into an issue is phenomenal, you can spend your time wisely with this feature. Focus on your biggest problems first right? So, start on the dashboard and just start diving in on the top issues from there. You get to see what went wrong, and all of the calls and requests to the server by simply drilling down, it makes sure that my small dev team is spending their time on the issues that will have the biggest day to day impact for our users.

Cons

Slight learning curve, but with any robust software that is always the case. Thankfully, the support staff is willing to go through extensive deep-dives into explaining how the software works.

Aaron M.

Easy to get started, outstanding customer support

Reviewed on 2015/09/04
Review Source

I am using Stackify to monitor a multi-tier application in AWS, and was amazed at how easy it was to immediately get all of the servers reporting data on the app with no extra configuration. Our development team has been equally pleased with how simple it has been to have the application's logs fed right to Stackify and accessible from a single dashboard for our product support team. On top of that, the communication from the company has been outstanding. Even though our app is small, they have given us all the attention in the world. The team at Stackify has even provided multiple conference calls demoing their solution to different players in our company throughout the development cycle. And not a single bit of communication we received from Stackify during our evaluation was sales-focused - they really wanted to make sure that we knew exactly what we would be getting. After initially evaluating a competitor whose products seemed overly confusing and whose costs would have exceeded our total AWS bill, Stackify was an easy choice.

Pros

Very easy to use - doesn't get in the way of development with a steep learning curve.
Awesome, accessible support team always at the ready, which was especially nice when we started using more of the advanced features of AWS. For example, when we were talking about writing scripts to help automate parts of our environment, they sent over some scripts to take care of automatically installing Stackify within the hour, saving me a lot of time and research. As a newbie to AWS and the cloud, this saved hours of work.

Cons

Honestly, we haven't experienced a single drawback is using Stackify as an APM provider.

Response from Stackify

We love to hear this. Thanks for the review! Keep in touch. We love feedback and we're happy to help however we can.

Dishant S.

Great bug detection and fixing solution!

Reviewed on 2019/04/07

My overall experience with the Stackify Retrace is quite satisfying. I can easily afford the software for the great features it is offering. I can develop applications more efficiently and effectively. It is easy to use. I will recommend it to all the programmers or app developers out there.

Pros

Stackify Retrace is an excellent application monitoring and bug fixing solution. I love the bug management system of the Retrace. It is also highly effective and efficient in fixing them. It can easily monitor in real-time how the app is working and the exact intervals at which the features of the app didn't work correctly or when the app crashed. It keeps all the logs of the app so that, it will be easier to detect and fix the failures. I found it very useful while developing .net applications. The dashboard is one of the main highlights. You can quickly get all the details like error logs, crash report, etc. in only one place.

Cons

Customer response staff is very supportive and helps you to figure out your issues. But, on an incident, I got a very late response from them. I think it MUST be improved. Moreover, I find the log filtering a little tricky. Many a times, the log parameters which I don't want to see in the report were also there. It makes the analyzing process slow.

Eldhose K.

An amazing product for A to Z bug tracking and fixing

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Our product management and testing has become more easy with the use of Retrace, kudos team !

Pros

We really loved their centralized logging feature, Stackify helps us more to find bugs on the system and to take proper measures in time. The main interesting feature we noted is that we can run tests and Stackify will revert back with the accurate results, also a proper monitoring on the stack can be done using Retrace. The major advantage is that one can do all the needful activities like code profiling, monitoring and logging on the single system. We dont need to depend on any other third parties for the same.

Cons

The code deployment system has lot of issues as it takes time to integrate onto to their system and the deployment takes lot of time. Rectify this issue and you will have a great tool and platform.

Jason K.

Immediately knew we needed it

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

We had been searching for a good APM solution for a better price than the goldmines others were charging for too few features. We found Stackify and immediately knew that it was the right fit for us. It was very EASY to get useful data right away with a minimum of knowledge of the Stackify product.

Pros

Data is easily visually consumable. Traces make it easy to tell what calls are problematic.

Cons

Averaging data over a time period. For example, I want to know what the Average CPU or RAM usage is for a certain time period and not just see a graph and guess the average. Also, better delineation between server and webapp monitors (why do each share some fields?). Finally, need the ability to apply more than one monitor to a server or webapp.

Ravi R.

Finding failures is easy with Stackify

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Stackify gives peace of mind when it becomes extremely hard to find bugs. Just go for logs and you get to exact point where the application stalled. It gives alot information about the application. It is one of many tools that .net developer must have.

Pros

It gives in depth knowledge of what all is happening with our application. .net developer finds it very supportive in daily tasks. After one time setup it quiet easy to use. We debug with the help of log monitoring techniques given by Stackify.

Cons

Filtering logs is not as easy with Stackify. We end up searching through many logs unwantedly sometimes. But it gives Stackify power to find everything which is also good sometimes.

Jeremy K.

Stackify Retrace has been monumental in our day-to-day monitoring of our 70+ Azure VMs.

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Streamline's my workflow; I don't have to visit each machine individually as they're all in my Stackify portal.

Pros

Dashboard, reporting at a glance, custom parameters/alerts, super-scalable,. Also, they have 3 levels you can set, which is really nice to not have a 4-alarm fire for 80% mem usage.

Cons

Setting up parameters to monitor can be challenging to figure out, but just because there are so many. You really need to know what you want to monitor.

Mohammed rafeq S.

It is awesome and helps us to trace the logs quickly than any other tool

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Easy of use for any developer to debug and trace the issue

Pros

Retrace give detailed logs. I used new relic before, and i feel Stackify much worth than new relic. Stackify's customer support is much responsive. Also, it was easy to set up on azure and get it running.

Cons

The search feature can be improved a bit, when i plug in some parameters, it is not returning results as expected

Arpit S.

Best in Market - In Budget - Gives In-depth insight of your application

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Performance and Error monitoring of application on different servers. We include both web applications and APIs as well.

Pros

There are a lot of features that one can like about STACKIFY. To begin with, we have alerts that can be setup when you cross the threshold value for a particular variable that you are concerned about. You have a fancy dashboard which gives you a good idea of what is happening around with your application.
The other good thing is the segregation of alerts into three parts - warning alert, critical alert and outage alert.
We have a variety of filters given in the tool making it easier for the user to get to the issue without wasting much time - Filter by error, Filter by logs, filter by APM.

Implementation of this tool is as easy and simple as it can be.

Cons

Dashboard is something that can still be improved and make more detail oriented. Slow SQL Queries can be more drilled down to get to the root level as to which query is taking more time.

Mohammed rafeq raja S.

Excellent tool to track your application logs

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

It is an excellent tool to track your application logs on all the environments. It enabled to capture crash logs, error logs and capture statistics and more.

Pros

Stackify Dashboard which allows me to monitior my required app at a time on single clic.k, and the error logs with app name and environment name

Cons

Filters in logs search, it is bit confusing. It could have improved and enriched to be more user friendly

Joshua B.

Quick error resolution

Reviewed on 2017/03/29

was a long time customer of a competitor's tool since early 2013 and thought I was happy with what I was getting. I cannot say that price wasn't a consideration in my decision but I read quite a few positive reviews and after reading one that went something like "...in just a couple days of installing Stackify we found an error on our site we didn't even know was occurring previously..." it was decided that I should at least test Stackify. Of course, I immediately liked the interface and the ability to search logs was an awesome touch as well, but what hooked me was within 24 hours of installing Stackify we found an Exception that has existed since the launch of a new ad campaign we started 10 months ago. Most events/errors were trapped and reporting on this process because of its importance, but somehow this one thing wasn't. The error existed for approximately 10 months and we were never aware of it; IE, the competitor's product never barked about it. I immediately canceled my contract with the competitor and signed on with Stackify.

Pros

Quick error resolution, detailed error from exceptions, fantastic customer support

Cons

So far none that I have seen

Brian M.

Retrace Review

Reviewed on 2017/03/31

Everything with retrace has been easy from installation to customer support when we do have questions. The data that we get from the application helps us be proactive in finding issues before our customers notice any issues.

Pros

Ease of getting data this is otherwise difficult to obtain.

Cons

There are a few features that we would still like since we host multiple web sites and would like to be able to compare sites against each other.

Patrick M.

At Paycor we use Stackify for our application logging. We are very satisfied with the results so far

Reviewed on 2017/07/28

Pros

Ease of use and setup. We have about 60 applications setup using stackify across 30 development teams

Cons

the tags (#xyz) do not work with guids. We are trying to track a "correlation id" throughout our logs and thought that tags would help us but they dont seem to work out of the box with guids. We would also like to see the ability to restrict access based on environment.

Jose T.

easy to install and easy to review reports.

Reviewed on 2017/07/31

optimization opportunies

Pros

overall how easy it is to install and get going. I also like the reports and all the information it provides at your finger tips. It has helped us expose areas of concern and track our optimization progress.

Cons

its been buggy at times. Crashing our entire server and causing is us to turn it off until the next patch fixes the problem.

Brahadeeswaran M.

Feature rich, easy to use, very cheap APM tool available in the market

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

Pros

Stackify gives a complete picture of your code and the server behavior with server monitoring, errors, logs, metrics and insight which provides testers and developers with a clear idea of the performance bottlenecks. Its very cheap compared to its competitors

Cons

At this cost, you can't actually find lot of cons. It shows you in which part of the request is taking time but it does not drill down to point out the code snippet causing the issue. I am using retrace on performance test servers and not on prod

Lee-allen W.

Work great!

APM of our stack

Pros

There support is great, we had a pro with ram on our App pools not showing the right data but they work trough and fix the problem was great to have that level of service

Cons

I wish it had more plugs in for our deployment software Octopus, let been able to have a deploy tag on the APM etc

Oleg S.

Azure monitoring

Reviewed on 2017/04/04

We use Stackify about 3 years for monitoring our Azure infrastructure. For last year service increased stability and functionality. It help us in our critical service monitoring and supporting.

Pooja V.

Stackify retrace is very beneficial for application developer.

Reviewed on 2018/12/30

Pros

It's inform the developer to very quickly bug and issue in application. Developer can check the bug and starting to slow the issue. That's why product will be increased day by day and user can satisfy that bug will be slow and they can not suffer next time.

Cons

Some time bug will be resolve developer side then after is showing is a bug.its not every time it do some time other wise is very safisyant to use a developer.

Scott W.

We have been using Stackify to monitor and improve our web apis to great success.

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Pros

Easy to setup and track multiple environments.
Informative information.
Timely and highly customizable alerts

Cons

IIS has to be restarted when updating the client and changing certain settings.
Cannot generate total through put reports easily (total api calls by api by time period).

Angela S.

Retracing my Experience...

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

Stackify Retrace has enabled our team to increase customer support and satisfaction through error identification and resolution. Retrace's ease allows team members that lack a coding background to identify errors and provide the information to the development team for a quick recovery. I have personally identified high risk errors, provided the information to the team, and the error was resolved within the hour by utilizing Retrace. It provides a much needed transparency and assists in product confidence.

Pros

ease of use and quality of the product

Ashif A.

It is a simple config change to your app and you are good to go. Very user friendly & easily to use.

Reviewed on 2017/07/31

Pros

Filters are great. You can filter accurately by date and current hours. The software gives the ability to filter by environment and by log level. Easy to read and sort.

Cons

The black UI. It would be great if the UI is more catchy. Can have the ability to trace live logs.

Jake D.

DevOps out of the box!

Reviewed on 2015/02/12
Review Source

Until Stackify, there was no one tool to do monitoring, performance dashboards, log aggregation, and more. This same technology would come with 5 or more software/hardware products and 5 or more bills as well. Stackify does all of this in one package and provides you the actionable insights necessary to target problems when they happen and point you directly to where they are happening and all systems/software affected.

Pros

Log aggregation is by far my favorite feature. Beyond this, the dashboards provide the window directly to your systems, stacks and help interrelate software and hardware systems, even across multiple data centers and cloud sites.

Cons

Putting on my software engineer hat, I would like to have the ability to prescribe templates for how I want to view certain aggregations of logs for certain app stacks to better represent that stack right out of the box instead of having to select it each time.

Response from Stackify

Thanks Jake. You can see your predefined set of logs today using saved log query by environment, app, error, specific ID or strings etc.
We will be releasing soon a new feature that will give you even more flexibility.

The best .NET APM tool

Reviewed on 2015/06/01
Review Source

We were using New Relic, but it wasn't providing us the info we wanted and it was so expensive that we couldn't afford having it on all prod servers. I've been using Stackify in a .net , Azure based webapp, the app is with high traffic subscription service, and solid services is essential. In one case we were using Stackify to identify an issue that made the site slow occasionally, it was very hard to pin point the source of the problem. Once installed it was a very fast process and we identified the combination of issues that lead to this behavior. Having the log and error data as part of the detailed trace was tremendous help. And seeing all the logs recorded when an exception was thrown is a cool little feature. Personally I can watch their real-time tailing all day long.

Simple installation
In-line log and error data in trace
Integration of performance management with log management
Lower cost than most competitors

Cons

Need to improve their mobile support
APM needed in more languages

Response from Stackify

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you managed to fix the issue fast, are you now monitoring this issue, so if it will ever come back you'll be notified about it?

Ruben C.

Invaluable development tool

Reviewed on 2017/03/31

Stackify has become a standard tool from me which has proved invaluable for diagnosing and troubleshooting.
The ease of setup and low cost makes it a no brainer. The ability to search and filter exceptions help immensely.

Pros

Search and filtering capabilities make it a powerful tool.

George R.

Retace is a must-have tool.

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

We were having performance issues in PROD but as if often the case we were not able to reproduce those issues in development. Retrace gave us a lightweight real time line of sight to our system. We simply cannot live without Retrace right now. i recommend it for every project I work on.

Pros

fast, easy great support

Cons

dashboard. would love a new dashboard and ability to save/bookmark timeslices for review later.