Sysomos Reviews

Sysomos

Social Media Monitoring Software and Analytics Tool

4.4/5 (12 reviews)
Vishal B.

Simplest listening and Monitoring tool i ever used

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

When I was a fresher I first used Sysmos and it helps me in understanding basics about listening and monitoring, It is very easy to use and query formation in Sysomos is very simple. One thing which i like about it is that its data tagging accuracy is far better than other tools

Pros

First of all, it is very simple to use, user-friendly and quite good for small and medium companies.
Data mining is very simple in it and one can extract data very easily. It covers almost everything like hashtag analysis, Demographics analysis and word cloud analysis. Data accuracy is also quite good than others. Data extracted from Sysomos has multilayer topics, it provides much information. In short, it is a very important tool for a newbie, it will help in understanding the basics of listening and monitoring

Cons

there was a time when it used to extract data from many sources but now it only provides a chunk from twitter. Sometimes it has issues with data accuracy and time zone and the last thing is that it provides a limited amount of data.

6.0/10
Javier victor marian B.

best monitoring media software

Reviewed on 2019/07/21

best tool for monitoring media outlets in latin america!

Pros

sysomos is a great combination of automated software that look into media outlets news in digital and keep a look into social media. Also, they have a robust database of latin america. Before wans't so great but they keep updating it. Now, it is hard to find adicional news outside sysomos.

Cons

i have problems sharing my monitors and querys with other users and customer suppport couldn't help me. Also time to timee they have a breach or something working wrong and you dont receive and alert by email and they are very slow to solve it. I have issues in the past with my clients because of this.

Gaurav M.

An awesome Social Media Listening tool for Twitter

Reviewed on 2017/02/14

I have been using Sysomos for almost 2 years and it has never failed to surprise me. The tool is fun to work with Twitter data however it lags when we are looking for Facebook, Blogs, Forums and Instagram mentions.
The tool is good for realtime campaign monitoring.
Downside: The customer support is not that responsive when you encounter any issue with tool like data lapse etc.

Overall it is good product when your prime focus is to monitor Twitter conversations on web.

Pros

1. Strong Twitter Monitoring
2. Effective Real Time Tracking

Cons

1. Poor customer support
2. Not so good traditional media tracking

I really enjoyed using Sysomos! It was easy to get set up and researching for our office.

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

It assisted with understanding customer needs, how they use our product, and developing our line.

Pros

It helped organize and visually represent data for our online presence, determine how to expand our product line, and track customer sentiment.

It is quite robust. If you really get it going you can track industry activity as it starts to trend.

Cons

It took a while to learn. There are videos to assist, and but the system is quite robust.
It is on the pricey side.

Social Listening made Easy and Fun

Reviewed on 2019/08/18

As a strategist in an international marketing and advertising agency, Sysomos was a crucial tool to gauge and extract information from social platforms and update our clients and also use the gathered insights for our campaigns.

It is recommended as it gives an integrated platform to get social analytics and create actionable customer engagement opportunities.

Pros

Sysomos is a comprehensive software that gives a complete overview to get insights from social listening. it also has features that enable visualising data in diagrams and charts to get more information from the data.

Cons

Sometimes it can get confusing as the format and layout might get a little cluttered and not so easy to use.

My all time fav social media listening tool to date

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Insights for clients which helped them make key business decisions. Wonderful reporting and social metrics.

Pros

I have used several different social listening tools out there, and this is my favorite for many reasons. It's simple, customizable, visually appealing and provides meaningful results.

Cons

The customer service could be improved. With other tools, I have had a dedicated team who checks in with me, etc.

Excellent Product, Especially for Events!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/01/12

Insight within our audience. Helped to show the location, gender, and so much more about the people talking about our brand. Also had really nice word clouds for reporting and other exportable reports.

Pros

I love the ease of setting up and using this product. It's very visually pleasing and useful for supporting the overall life of a hashtag and event. The reporting is detailed and it's easy to see how far messages travel, and the impact it has within your audience.

Cons

I didn't love the customer service at first but it got better as we complained. I also think it could build in some more exportable quick reporting to help diversify the platform but it's restricted to what it can get from APIs from the various social networks.

Sanjay P.

Map

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/30

It's a good software that saves time and sitting at home can use it in its small device and it makes it easier for the person to arrive and a free demo of any place can tell.

Pros

Here is a good software. The person can easily see the map of any place in its device and use it.

Cons

The quality of the map of the software is not so high that I can tell it to myself very clear.

Emily F.

Affordable but over hyped and not suitable for a large company

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

I worked for a large automotive company and moved from NetBase to Sysomos due to cost and ease of use. Sysomos is certainly easy to use and fulfills the basic needs of a small to medium size business - I don't think it's ideal if you have to dive into analytics and provide in depth numbers. If that's the case, Sysomos is not for you.

Cons

I found that Sysomos wasn't delivering the analytics that execs were looking for and there was a lot of manual work that went into it.

The content planning side of the software seemed promising until I had to use it daily and dealt with glitches of the screen freezing or not being able to scroll up/down. When presenting content to client and using Sysomos, I was embarrassed.

Training was not great, there were so many things he missed out on and we found out later on that we were not using the software to it's absolute fullest due to poor training.

Good system for long time users, better software is now available for the price

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Enhanced view into what real people are saying about a given topic

Pros

Sysomos has historically been a top choice for major brands -- especially in the early days of social listening. They were an earlier provider of advanced listening software that offered a lot of functionality to help forward thinking brands finally make sense of how social media conversations could help them market better. Even today, they have a wide range of features that, at least partially, integrate together

Cons

They've lost a few steps over the last 3-4 years. Couple a piecemeal corporate history (acquired by PRnewswire, then spun off as an independent operating entity) with an acquisition-based strategy for refreshing their product set and your left with a somewhat integrated grouping of product offerings from messaging to on-demand search to ongoing listening that, in theory, could help you centralize social media operations with a single vendor. In practice, none of their standalone solutions would survive alone in the wild against more agile, innovative competition. Even full-suite users find data consistency challenges continuing to surface alongside a continued requirement to separately log into several distinct solutions

5.0/10
Maria B.

Solid, easy to use and no real issues.

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

I used the Search function of Sysomos for sourcing influencers for digital marketing campaigns. I really enjoyed using this tool, I found it very user-friendly and never encountered any issues nor bugs when using it. It works mostly on the boolean search function and you can also do social listening, map out influencers, and search by keywords/phrases in a user's Twitter bio. I found the tool super accurate and never encountered any issues using it. There's a lot more you can do with this tool but this is mainly what I used it for.

Cons

I have no real cons for this tool. Just brush up on your boolean stuff!

7.0/10
Kate C.

Excellent Twitter social media hashtag tracking tool

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Pros

Sysomos is a great tool for understanding the reach of your social media hashtags. It also measures engagement, which not all other tools do.

Cons

Excellent with Twitter, but not much access to other social media sites, such as Facebook, or blogs.