Algolia Reviews

The #1 Platform for Building Search into your Business

4.8/5 (25 reviews)

We love Algolia

Reviewed on 1/11/2017

We implemented Algolia for hosted search so that users can have a better search experience than the native ones provided by Shopify, WordPress, and Zendesk, and also so they can search across all three at once. We also looked at Swiftype, but we really loved how instant the Algolia search loaded.

Implementation was easy and we always receive great help when we contact Algolia about questions or problems. Some of the integrations we used were in beta and the devs on each worked with us closely and quickly to get us up and really supported us well.

Algolia has been fantastic for our business and we would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for the best search out there. You can't beat the speed, and the ease of integration and support you receive have made it one of my favorite services that we use.

Pros

Super fast search
Great, responsive, engineer level support
Easy integration and lots of premade plugins

Cons

You can't drag and drop manipulate search results from their dashboard like you can with Swiftype (but you can develop around that if it's an important feature)

More than just search

Reviewed on 1/11/2017

We've been using Algolia to power search on our local directory in Canada. As we continued to add functionality to different parts of the application a phrase kept popping up "Why not just use algolia for that?". Basically once you start syncing your db with algolia you end up with lots of situations where it's easier (and faster) to just fetch data from Algolia than it is to make a call to the database. Especially when you have client side features.

We're now on their best package, all and all we're really happy with Algolia, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Powerful tool for managing your search engine and optimizing results

Reviewed on 1/22/2019

Pros

The flexibility it allows for managing the types of results users get for different types of products.
They allow for many different attributes to control the different products will be displayed on your site.
I would also commend their support team that really helped us optimize the way we've been doing things with a lot of great advice and consultation sessions

Cons

Different variables for optimizing search results can be somewhat confusing, but their great customer support and documentation does a great job helping out when needed

Lightening quick on-site search

Reviewed on 5/1/2019

Algolia search has increased our conversion rates, and provides a much better user experience than any of the other instant search providers we tried. I wouldn't want to move away from algolia as the functionality and potential it offers is so great.

Pros

The speed of the search is outstanding. We have implemented it to allow customers to live search our product catalog of over 10000 items and it handles this impeccably. It also plays well with different frameworks, and the documentation is clear.

Cons

If you were a non-technical user, then the software would be difficult to understand.

Search made easy

Reviewed on 1/5/2019

Pros

Great documentation and absolutely incredible customer support. Their developers answer technical questions, and provide you with custom code to fit your implementation.

Cons

The free plan includes a lot of operations per month, but as soon as you go over the limits, the pricing becomes quite aggressive. I'd rather pay per use, for the exact number of operations performed.

Fast Search Accurate Results

Reviewed on 5/9/2019

Overall I like the boost it's given to our customer experience though I really need to find a solution for the filtration so that customers don't leave once finishing their search.

Pros

It's FAST. Results come into our Magento store speedily and accurately. Customers love searching for products rather than browsing and Algolia definitely makes that easier for them. They live up to that promise.

Cons

The layered navigation that we use doesn't seem to work with it meaning that when a customer searches they can't easily filter through the items they found in search to find the perfect match. Also, it doesn't seem to use machine language learning meaning that it is just clever indexing.

7.0/10

Algolia has become an essential part of our website

Reviewed on 8/1/2018

Pros

What I like most: the React library and the amazing effort the team has put out to make is flawless! More generally, the response time is great and the docs are really helpful

Cons

Importing data in the interface doesn't work on my side, I would also need more tools to migrate/update data based on queries

Give Your Customers Amazing Experiences with Algolia

Reviewed on 4/18/2019

Algolia Search gives our customers unique experiences. They can easily find whatever they need. With Algolia Search, they trust us more

Pros

It helps our customers find exactly what they are looking for. It provides a platform on which we can easily achieve our customer-focus objective. It creates a unique bond between us and our clients

Cons

I love all the features on offer on Algolia. I have no complaints

Delightful user experience both as an end user but also developer.

Reviewed on 3/28/2018

Easy to setup, cost effective search on the cloud.

Pros

Algolia provides an amazing search platform on the cloud. In literally a few steps and minutes you are able to have a good enough search (excluding time to populate it). I had no experience with other search engines like Elasticsearch before hand and I still found it greatly easy.
The settings can be defined on the dashboard or via the API which can be both a good and a bad as it can cause miss-configuration.
Lastly it is really fast, honestly I worked in commerce shops that build their own search and had to maintain it etc for less than 200k products, now I see that this was well, for no reason.

Cons

As a developer the main problem is the documentation. It lacks, it seems incomplete and although they try to show more languages it would be better to focus on coverage than language adaption.

Best quick and go solution

Reviewed on 1/12/2017

Algolia is really a blazing fast search solution shorting the time to market. I realy recomande it for user search experience. Now there is one realy missing feature: ability to search by field at search time. Example I have an index with {name, type, location}, search fields are name and location. but for some reason I want to search only in location that match: "t?t?"
This is really a topic for advanced search.

7.0/10

The best search tool on the market

Reviewed on 11/7/2017

Allowing my users and customers to see the best results regarding their search. All of this as quick as it possibly can be.

Nothing - Can´t complain . I guess the fact that I can´t fully use it but I´m ok with it since my developing team has no real issue with it.

Pros

The fact that it gives our clients the most accurate results in a matter of milliseconds. Algolia continues to improve on a weekly basis and makes our website even better with every update.

Huge Time Saver for App Development

Reviewed on 12/14/2018

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and adopt into your application. The UI UX is also amazing.

Cons

It is quite pricey in comparison with other more hands-on products. Sometimes bugs do appear in database operations.

Easy to Implement

Reviewed on 1/11/2017

So easy to get up and running with a ton of search functionality. Costs escalate pretty quickly as you grow. Customer support takes a long time to respond and generally not very helpful.

Pros

easy to use. lots of features.

Cons

too expensive. poor support.

Blazing fast!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017

We get results in under a few milliseconds even with a 4 millions users database.
They have a great documentation, it's easy to implement and their customer support is really cool.

Pros

Blazing fast,
Ease to implement

Cons

Nothing

Dirty and unethical marketing tactics. Read for more.

Reviewed on 3/23/2018

Improved search previews (WP+WC). When it comes to search results, good luck making it work or reaching their support and not being asked to spend thousands upon thousands for basic support (hidden bite fees).

Pros

Potentially good software but... pretty disappointed. Read cons. I wish i could share screenshot of their pricing page and the email i've got from their sales team.

Cons

Dirty an unethical marketing, luring to pay HUGE . Very disappointed. I wish i could share screenshot of their pricing page and the email i've got from their sales team.

0.0/10

The Be All End All for Search

Reviewed on 1/11/2017

I'm the founding developer at a small tech startup, and Algolia is a dream come true for someone with primarily frontend experience. Implementing realtime search with Algolia took me a couple of hours on my mobile app and website, and most of that time was spent making a custom UI. Algolia couldn't be simpler, and I strongly recommend it to anyone who needs to implement a fairly robust search feature.

Pros

Easy, robust, good documentation

Cons

N/A

One of the best search functionality on the website to use

Reviewed on 1/15/2019

Overall awesome experience, has a lot of features and just misses few!

Pros

Autocomplete feature is a really great thing in this tool. The user just needs to type the words and the products gets listed below

Cons

Although the auto-complete feature is great but in analytics, we don't get to see what the user has actually typed/searched for. Algolia should think how they can tackle this issue!

7.0/10

Optimize the way you search

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 9/29/2018

Pros

I love the fact it's super quick searching tool, and you can configure it to approximation search, and it still works super well.

Cons

It was not super friendly to work with for a non-technical point of view.

It's reliable and blazing fast!

Reviewed on 9/12/2014
Review Source

We tried a lot of search services at Socialcam to handle our massive user base (130M+ users).All of them couldn't handle that number of users! It was always super slow.

Algolia handles it without any problem but on top of that, it does it at full speed: we get results back in under a few milliseconds. Last but not least, it does it with error handling, which is great as typos are very frequent on smarphone...

Also - Algolia was very easy to implement, their documentation is great and they have libraries for almost all languages out there.

Pros

Very Fast, Ease of Use, Documentation, Support, Low Price, Reliability, Typos Handling

Cons

Can't find any!

An easy to use search service for your website

Reviewed on 4/1/2019

Pros

Algolia Search is an excellent add-in to your website; it significantly helped our customers to get relevant results, and to help them find what they want. This is a really great impact ! Besides I have to mention that setup and configuration are super easy to do : there is a nice dashboard, and you can configure the index and use the instantsearch feature. The developer documentation is awesome. Also, you can customize and check metrics, of course.

Cons

I've never found anything wrong with using Algolia so far. Pricing is far and the customer service is super responsive (<24h delay)

Great, but pricy search engine

Reviewed on 3/23/2019

Pros

It was very to get started and overall it performed as needed. Being able to tweak result rankings is a fantastic feature.

Cons

The cost structure can be quite expensive for smaller companies, especially if you need to reindex your data frequently.

It's been perfect for us.

Reviewed on 3/26/2018

Pros

1. It's fast. 2. It works right, there are no glitches. 3. Best customer service that I've worked with in a long time.

Cons

No cons. It's the best around. It does have a little price tag, but it's well worth it of course....

A hassle free search engine

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Pros

- Easy to setup and use in any application or website
- Can be a good solution to avoid configuring yourself an ElasticSearch server
- The community free plan to help open source projects
- Algolia provides extended analytics.

Cons

- As usual with a great service comes a great price

Insightful analytics, intuitive user experience and A+ customer service!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 3/26/2019

Pros

As a marketer, I gleaned a lot of value from the Algolia analytics. It helped drive decisions and ultimately sales!

Cons

We were notified of some error messages internally via Algolia that turned out to be an error on their end. But in a quick chat, they highlighted why this was happening and resolved everything efficiently.

Awesome technology and support

Reviewed on 1/11/2017

Real tech support, with real people listening to user. The search engine itself is super fast, and the Wordpress plugin keeps on being better every week.