Brice P.
  • Industry: Higher Education

We use Kira to facilitate video interviews for applicants to our graduate business programs.

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

The software gives a more holistic, well-rounded look at applicants from the moment their application moves into review. This help us prioritize which individuals should be moving along to live Skype or in-person interviews.

Pros

The integration of Kira with our Salesforce CRM has allowed us to seamlessly request and review video interviews from directly within our existing application framework. This means fewer clicks and less time wasted moving back and forth between platforms.

Cons

As the administrator, the overall level of access I have to control platform settings is somewhat restricted compared with other hosted solutions we use. This can at times require an over-dependence on Kira staff to help explain/remedy problems.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Brice, your review makes me so happy! Thanks for the great feedback. I must agree with you - we're working on ways to improve your self-serve access as an Administrator. I'll pass this along to the team! :) - Melanie

Vrinda C.

Kira Talent Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

I have used for giving my interviews and it has been a really great experience

Pros

I have used this software for giving interviews at several colleges during my MBA admissions. It is very user friendly and the customer support is amazing

Cons

The sound quality could be better. While using it for practice interviews I found some issues about the echo being heard in recordings

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Vrinda,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We really appreciate it :)

Cheers,
Jamie

Susan J.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Kira Talent is an excellent way to screen applicants and form an immediate impression.

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

This software provides a very reliable indicator of an applicant's personality and potential. In a program such as ours, where we assess leadership potential, communications ability, initiative and assertiveness, Kira Talent has proven to be very consistent with what we find during full-length, in-person interviews.

Pros

The software is easy to use, functional, has good search function, and provides valuable information. I use it a lot and have found it to be a very important of our admissions process, especially when we cannot interview everybody.

Cons

I think students are a little intimidated by the process and may be nervous. I have had some instances in which students read their responses to the question. This isn't a problem with the software per se. Occasionally, the videos take a while to load and cause delay.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Susan - I'm so glad you're having a positive experience with Kira! Please let me know if you continue to experience video loading issues this year - we've recently updated our video player, so the playback should be instantaneous next review season :) - Melanie

Save so much time in the hiring process!

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Saves time and allows us to better know our candidates! It is easy to use and is a great system for our organization.

Pros

The software allows us to conduct first-round interviews without bringing candidates into the organization and having the hiring committee gather in one place at one time. The committee can review candidates from anywhere! This allows our second round in-person interviews to have a stronger pool of candidates.

Cons

I don't like that you can't pre-select the reviewers for all the applicants for a chosen assessment, i.e. after each candidate submits their videos, you have to go back in and assign that applicant to the reviewers. Why can't you just set all the reviewers you want for a specific assessment and have them all get alerted to review candidates once they filter in?

Response from Kira Talent

Hey there! Thanks so much for submitting a review! :) Good news! Later this year we'll be releasing a new feature: 'Automatic Assignments' for reviewers! Stay tuned for more to come! -Christian

Ben W.

Kira in the admission process

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Overall our experience has been great with Kira Talent. This software has increased our admission process quality for interviews by allowing us to get a snapshot of the prospect before an official interview. The Software also allows us to really look at the students fit to our programs.

Pros

It allows us to score our admission pool before offering out interviews, helping increase staff efficency time use.

Cons

That the video link cannot be added embedded in our graduate schools application easily.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Ben,

Thanks so much for the awesome review! :) We really appreciate it!

Cheers,
Christian

Loreli B.
  • Industry: Higher Education

The customer service reps are fantastic.

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Our applicants are able to submit a video to us and we are able to customize our videos

Pros

I love the ease that we are able to send out reminder emails and that our applicants can contact the customer support reps directly when there is an issue.

Cons

I wish there was a chat feature that allowed us to connect instantly with a rep although their response time is actually quite fast otherwise so we are still pretty satisfied!

Response from Kira Talent

Loreli, thanks for the stellar review! It's always a pleasure to work with you and your team :) - Melanie

Amanda S.

Great Program

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Overall, I have liked using the software quite a bit. I find that having this video interview is a great pre-screen for learning if we want to hear more from the candidate. I do find that completing the video itself is a bit of a barrier to applicants and most often we need to follow up frequently to encourage them to complete it.

Pros

The program was intuitive, easy to use from the perspective of the candidate and from the perspective of the person reviewing the videos. The practice session was very helpful and I felt that it prepped the candidates well for the recorded interview.

Cons

Organizing and sorting the completed videos isn't as intuitive. I don't see a way that I can quickly access only the videos that are relevant to my candidates from the home page. I have to click a few buttons in to get to a search screen. I'd like the reviews to automatically be sorted by job posting so I don't have to sort through them or keep track of all applicants names to see who mine are. There is a chance that I'd miss one if I don't take note of their name when I send them the initial invite.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Amanda!

Thanks so much for the lovely review! :) I've forwarded your feedback to our design and product teams to see how we might be able to improve the organization and sorting of completed assessments.

Cheers!
Christian

Stephanie T.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Nothing but positive things to say about the Kira Talent software and the team behind it!

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

The main benefit is the opportunity to "meet" more of our candidates. With large volume programmes this is sometimes hard and Kira Talent has given us the chance to know our candidates better before making a decision.

Pros

Easy to use (both for candidates and the staff watching the videos), good looking platform, but most importantly the software gives us the opportunity to "meet" more candidates from all around the world which has added a new dimension to our admissions process.

Cons

Cant think of anything which I would suggest an improvement on. At LBS we haven't experienced any significant issues with the software.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Stephanie! Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate it very much! -Christian

Kristyn B.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Good, easy to use,

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Pros

you get a good feel of candidates before in person interview & more personality / non verbal info than just CV / Resume

Cons

Technical issues from the use side, often advising they cannot complete, some even have to come to the office to complete video responses.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Kristyn! Thanks so much for the review! Very soon, we'll be moving from Adobe Flash to HTML5 for all video recording features. Once this migration is complete, your applicants should encounter significantly fewer issues! - Christian

Joel K.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Kira has been essential to us during our admissions process because we can ask spontaneous...

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

We get to see our applicants up close and personal

Pros

I like that we can rotate question and that we can ask both video questions and written questions. This enables us to to see how applicants perform in a pressurized situation.

Cons

There is really nothing I like least; the platform does exactly what we want it to do and has become a crucial part of the application process.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Joel! Thanks for your review! I am so glad that you and your team enjoy using Kira and see the value in combining timed written and timed video questions in your assessment :) Best, Cathlin

Leyre A.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy to use, although we receive too many emails everyday from all the candidates applying

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

To know and evaluate candidates' habilities better in a very quick way

Pros

It is very useful to evaluate candidates in a very realistc way, when we didn't have Kira they submitted essays but you never know if they wrote them or not, but the video tool is more helpful.

Cons

The amount of emails we receive every day. We receive emails from Kira to inform us that a candidate has completeted Kira, but the thing si that we receive from all the canadidates applying to IE not only from the ones we are in charge. I know we can assign ourselves our candidates but it takes a lot of time.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Leyre! Thank you so much for the review! :) For more information regarding how to disable notifications, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll get you all set up! -Christian

A Game Changer in Admissions!

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

I found that the user (Candidate) found this process of interview less intimidating. I found reviewers enjoyed the flexibility to review on their own schedule, so overall - it was an efficient process.

Pros

I liked this software because it allowed for our faculty to review candidates and provide independent feedback. This really allowed for objective analysis and eliminated the risk of Group Think!

Cons

I found that compatibility with our current tool was a little bit of an issue as it required our staff to utilize two systems, but this was a minor issue.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey there! Thanks so much for the review! Please reach out to us at [email protected] re: integrations with other software systems! We can integrate seamlessly with many ATS/CRMs and are always happy to set you up! -Christian

• Industry: Higher Education

It is a user-friendly service for both our program applicants and the staff that review them.

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Ease of use for both the applicant and the staff members.

Pros

The online portal is easy to access and use. Notification of new submissions is sent right to my inbox, so I can keep up to date.

Cons

I can't say anything comes to mind. It does what I hoped it would do. I would be spitting hairs to create something that I didn't like about Kira.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey there! Thank you so much for the amazing review!! :) -Christian

• Industry: Higher Education

Kira Talent has been easy to learn and navigate, and has met the needs of the application...

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

24/7 technical support for applicants, quick and helpful responses from client support manager, clean and simple navigation to assign applications, review applications, and give scores.

Pros

Easy to navigate, clear assessment rubrics, very responsive client support and applicant technical support.

Cons

Lacks integration with other admissions tools, lacks functions to reduce assessor bias, applicant's unique identifier in Kira is not consistent with the rest of our admissions process, no control over format/ content of exported data.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey there! Thanks for your review! :) Please reach out to us at [email protected] for more information re: integrating with other admissions tools. We actually integrate with many ATS/CRM software providers! -Christian

Janet D.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Have used the online interview platform for 2 years as part of undergraduate admissions...

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Pros

Clear pages. Fonts are easy to read. It seems easy for our volunteer assessors to use and does not seem to require much instruction for them.

Cons

Had issues with signing in and they were hard to resolve, but it eventually got fixed and I was able to sign in.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Janet! So good to hear that you've had a great experience with us over the past two years. I'm sorry to hear about the issues with sign in - please let us know if you have any trouble next year, and we'll get it sorted out for you right away. - Melanie

Ernald F.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Excellent user experience as someone who delegates the review process. Uptime is excellent.

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Fast online review of video recordings, easy to rate applicants, easy to assign files for review which makes our process more efficient.

Pros

We love that the software is easy to use for all parties (applicants and admission officers). As mentioned above, the uptime is critical for us. The feature that flags suspicious activity has been very helpful in several cases this past year.

Cons

I think that the software serves it's purpose well. I can't think of any features i'd like to have that isn't already included.

Response from Kira Talent

Ernald - thanks for the glowing review! This is all incredible to hear. :) - Melanie

Justin K.

Best video interview platform

Reviewed on 2014/08/04

Kira Talent is a very useful new platform that has become central to our hiring process. It allows us to quickly screen a large number of candidates and ensure that we're only proceeding with the right ones who best fit our culture (ie spending less time with poor candidates, and spending greater time with high quality candidates). Kira is extremely easy to use and many of our candidates have echoed positive feedback about our hiring process largely thanks to Kira! I would definitely recommend it to any company managing numerous applicants.

Pros

Easy and quick way to review candidates prior to bringing them in for a full interview. Very simple and easy to use UI.

Cons

Some candidates may be slightly out of their comfort zone in a video interview format. Kira seems to be working improving the experience to reduce this friction, but this could be said about all video interview platforms.

• Industry: Higher Education

My experience has been positive thus far.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Quick interview review, eliminating requirement of face to face interviews for candidates.

Pros

I enjoy the refresh tracker as well as the intuitive design. I also like the ease of building the interview links directly into Salesforce.

Cons

At times the software crashes and it is a critical component to my role. Other than that, I do not have any complaints.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey there! Thanks so much for taking the time to review Kira! :) Please reach out to us at [email protected] if you continue to experience software crashes - we're happy to help! -Christian

• Used Other for 1+ year

This software has been useful to assess the interviews for incoming students.

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

The ease of rating the videos and adding comments is a valuable tool. Being able to see team results summarized for each video and written assessment was also useful.

Cons

This software can only be accessed via web browser. The functionality for an app existed but was removed.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey there! Thanks for your review! :) A new mobile app is on our radar for future development! -Christian

Rosemary A.

Kira gave us back our evenings!

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Capterra drove me crazy, though--too time consuming and the images are too grainy to be used.

Pros

We enjoy the flexibility to use with different time zones and for different programs. Today I was able to use Kira in a case we had not originally envisioned.

Cons

If a recipient lost an email, or it went to junk mail, it is difficult to resend the link. Need to make it easier to *resend the link.*

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Rosemary, thanks so much for your review! I am glad to hear that Kira has been beneficial to you and your team :) Best, Cathlin

Javier M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great experience for both user and clients

A lot

Pros

Easy to access and information is easy to find. When I am reviewing data or as well seeking information on Kira it is easy to find being it is user friendly.

Cons

It usually only works with Safari and not Google Chrome on Macs. When trying to review videos unfortunately I am always travelling and as well moving from different office locations based of my seasonal events on campus. Therefore moving around in different areas requires me to use different computers.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Javier - thanks for the awesome feedback! We actually recommend Google Chrome as a preferred browser for Kira, especially since we've updated our video player, so please let me know if you continue to run into issues! - Melanie

Julie P.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Use this everyday to view our candidate video interviews

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Allows us to have video interview with candidates and get a sense of who they are other than just looking at their resume

Pros

I like that I've had very minimal problems. When using software of this nature that is often a problem but most of the time everything is working as it should

Cons

No real cons. For what we use it for it works great. Maybe might be nice to see what other types of options there are

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Julie! Thanks so much for the great review! :) We really appreciate it! -Christian

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great way to put candidates on the spot, make them think on their feet.

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Shorter time to review essays.

Pros

I love that way you are required to come up with a well thought out answer on interesting topics. I also love the writing component, as writing with good grammar, spelling and punctuation without having someone proof-read your content is less common that one would like.

Cons

The fact that it only allows a particular type of personality to shine through: extroverts and improvisers. More introverted, analytical candidates are at a disadvantage. Even though it is meant as a replacement for interviews, we use it as a replacement for Essays. In previous essays, people could present answers in any medium they liked. Once again, with Video answers, only those who are good at speaking will shine.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey there! Thanks so much for your review! We truly appreciate it! :D -Christian

Easy to use, very intuitive, great experience

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

Site layout - it linked well to our outside software and could be easily leveraged. Video download was quick and intuitive

Cons

Not grouped well within the platform and does not work well with some browsers. Issues with login for the first few weeks.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey there! Thanks for your review! :) We've made some big changes recently that should eliminate the browser issues you experienced! Please reach out to us at [email protected] if you continue to experience problems! -Christian

Sebastian V.

Intuitive and easy to use. Great product.

Reviewed on 2018/04/28

Pros

Interface is very intuitive and the product is easy to use. You have solved previous issues that didn´t allow videos to be played while using Chrome.

Cons

The software used to have compatibility issues and wouldn´t play video on Chrome. I had to open an IE window to watch the videos.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Sebastian! Thanks for the review! :) We recently moved from Flash to HTML5 for all video playback - you shouldn't experience any further browser issues! -Christian