4,4
4,4
4,5
Teresa P.
Industry: Higher Education

The Kira platform has allowed us to differentiate between candidates and determine fit much easier

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

I like the timed responses, and opportunity to 'bucket' questions into different categories. It allows us to easily determine a candidates comprehension and see how quickly and concisely they can formulate an answer. This tool also offers us the ability to see who our applicants are, and if they meet the English proficiency levels that we require for admission into the MBA.

Cons

I wish the video would automatically feed into our CRM system. At this stage the link is a manual process. Integration into Salesforce would be ideal

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Teresa! Thank you so much for the review! :) Looking forward to setting up a Kira/Salesforce integration with you in the near future! -Christian

Kareem R.
Industry: Higher Education

Good idea, not the best for the end user.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Was able to weed through a huge pool of potential candidates with more context than a resume.

Pros

It helps you gain better insight of your candidates with a face to face which makes it easier to weed out people earlier in the process.

Cons

The users complained about the usability and not being able to time things properly. It doesn't actually replicate an interview and the screening isn't the best at all from their perspective so you might actually lose out on the best candidate if you based it on this.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Kareem - thanks for your feedback! We really appreciate it. You're right - we do recommend using Kira as a screening tool (like you are) instead of a replacement for a final, in-person interview. So glad you're seeing value and saving time with your current use case! - Melanie

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Madooree B.
Industry: Public Policy

Customer Service needs improvement

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

It is a useful tool for high volume recruitment organizations.

Pros

The platform is very easy to use and provides candidates with directions at every step.

Cons

The platform is not mobile enabled and it became an issue with a lot of candidates that willing to take the interview on their phones or tablets. There is less support for French candidates and I feel that they can improve a lot in customer service and providing French support to candidates. The business has taken a very different direction and is focusing more on University admissions.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Madooree,

Thank you so much for your review and feedback! :) We hope to one day bring back the mobile app!

Thanks,

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Charles W.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

An innovative tool for online learning

Reviewed on 2020/06/29

The interface is elegant and the customer service is excellent. As a result, I had a tool that really elevated my course. The assessments were a tool for ensuring that students were prepared for class, and they actually enjoyed them.

Pros

The software allowed me to create video quizzes that enable students to offer thoughtful but concise answers on assigned reading. In an online environment, this enables me to get to know my students in a way that a paper and pencil assessment would not.

Cons

The students should not have to do the introductory video before each new assessment. This became redundant after the first assessment.

Ted E.
Industry: Higher Education

I think that the Kira product is very good. I am overall satisfied

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Reduced cycle time, marketing opportunities to candidates, more relaxed candidates,

Pros

The ability to serve the candidates. It is convenient, provides stats, meets a need from candidates, and allow us to convey messages to the candidates. It also meets our needs as staff. The customer service of Kira is also very good.

Cons

Lack of online mobile support for staff. A bit clunky in functionality. Not as user friendly as it could be. Need the ability to sort through candidates as defined by the user.

Response from Kira Talent

Ted, what a great review! Thank you so much! It's wonderful to hear you're having a good experience, and you're seeing lots of value with the Kira platform. We hope to have mobile apps for applicants in the future, and I agree about the ability to sort applicants as defined by the user. This is on our list! - Melanie

Brice P.
Industry: Higher Education

We use Kira to facilitate video interviews for applicants to our graduate business programs.

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

The software gives a more holistic, well-rounded look at applicants from the moment their application moves into review. This help us prioritize which individuals should be moving along to live Skype or in-person interviews.

Pros

The integration of Kira with our Salesforce CRM has allowed us to seamlessly request and review video interviews from directly within our existing application framework. This means fewer clicks and less time wasted moving back and forth between platforms.

Cons

As the administrator, the overall level of access I have to control platform settings is somewhat restricted compared with other hosted solutions we use. This can at times require an over-dependence on Kira staff to help explain/remedy problems.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Brice, your review makes me so happy! Thanks for the great feedback. I must agree with you - we're working on ways to improve your self-serve access as an Administrator. I'll pass this along to the team! :) - Melanie

Kimberly R.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Outstanding platform that simplifies the hiring process

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Kira Talent is an incredible platform that has supported our hiring process time and time again. It saves time, is easy to use and the customer service is tremendous.

Pros

Easy to use, accessible and convenient. This software has improved the hiring process tremendously. When asking applicants about their experience interviewing with Kira, we've received very positive feedback.

Cons

Occasionally, sound quality was compromised when applicants used headphones

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Kimberly,

Thanks for the awesome review! I'll let our customer service teams know that you found them tremendous! :)

Moira R.

The Best Purchase We Made This Year

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

A+. Wholeheartedly support this organization and it's vision and efforts.

Pros

Kira's platform is seamless. It's easy to access, use and it provides critical data points. The staff was incredibly responsive, helpful and invested in our success. I expected users to be intimidated by the process, but that was NOT at all the case. Rave reviews!

Cons

It's somewhat laborious to set up, but it's front-end heavy. Once you have your platform ready, it requires virtually no upkeep. Additionally, our client service manager helped us immensely, and was an absolute pleasure. Additionally, Kira helped us process a full implementation at three times the speed that they normally would, based on contractual holdups on our end. Stressful in the beginning but worth every minute.

Tim P.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Beautiful platform, wonderful client support, great experience!

Reviewed on 2014/07/24

KiraTalent is a wonderful platform that we use daily and extensively in our hiring and qualification process. It is used to qualify large numbers of applicants quickly and conveniently. The features we use the most are the custom question banks and uploading our own video questions. The platform is beautiful and easy to use. We can create interviews quickly, and are able to invite candidates to answer questions immediately. The client support team is extremely helpful and quickly responsive to any issues, suggestions, problems, etc. They are always available with answers to any inquiries we have.

Pros

- Easy to use user interface, very attractive and aesthetically pleasing
- Client Support is extremely responsive and positive
- Customization of interviews
- Ability to upload own videos for branding purposes

Cons

- A few applicants reported difficulty getting their webcam to work on the first try, and were unable to record their interviews.

Vrinda C.

Kira Talent Review

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/04/03

I have used for giving my interviews and it has been a really great experience

Pros

I have used this software for giving interviews at several colleges during my MBA admissions. It is very user friendly and the customer support is amazing

Cons

The sound quality could be better. While using it for practice interviews I found some issues about the echo being heard in recordings

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Vrinda,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We really appreciate it :)

Jamie

Angela F.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Kira Talent has been an excellent addition to our Admission process. Highly recommend Kira Talent.

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

Meeting our candidates virtually is a big plus. The convenient and user friendly platform saves time and adds efficiencies to the process. It is a great extension to a candidate’s application.

Pros

One of the most attractive features of the Kira Talent platform is how exceptionally easy it is to use. We use it daily as an integral part of our Admission process in getting to know our candidates better. The platform is very easy to navigate and the layout is very appealing. It is convenient and offers many great features including a ‘Results’ page that summarizes browser refreshes, technical issues, total time the candidate spent on completing their interview and a spelling and grammar check on the written response. The Kira Team is one of the most supportive and dedicated teams I have interacted with. The customer support team is always on hand to provide a great customer experience. They continue to grow their product and are always improving on an already great platform. They are receptive to customer feedback and the customer always feels valued. I would highly recommend this product.

Cons

Really no cons. Any issues or suggestions that are made are quickly acted on and improved upon. They are always meeting the customer’s needs.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Angela!

Thank you so much for the incredible review! :) It is our pleasure working with you and the team at McMaster University - DeGroote School of Business!

Bridget J.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Kira Talent assessments have helped us gain a better view of our applicants' communication skills.

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

We're able to virtually interview applicants without requiring staff to be available for live interviews; incorporating the review of these interviews into application review has been extremely helpful in assessing individuals for our professional graduate degrees.

Pros

Easy to use from the admin side; integration with our current app system went quite smoothly and continues to run without issues about 2 years after implementation. It allows us to mimic a live interview without the personnel necessary to hold hundreds of live interviews with individual applicants. The randomization of questions is a great feature. Customer support is great. Applicants who are qualified for our programs (able to complete a live interview without extreme anxiety that inhibits communication) have given it positive reviews. Looking forward to integrating it with our new CRM/app (Slate) to be built over the next year or so.

Cons

The ability of applicants to refresh their web browser to get a new question (until they get a question they can answer) isn't great. On our side, the fact that questions have been collected in this way and disseminated on sites like gradcafe.com isn't awesome - but when we see an interviewee obviously reading their answer in the interview, it actually makes our decision much easier. I wish there was an admin user role that would allow the user to login and view any interview without having it assigned to them specifically - without giving them the ability to delete/modify content/interviews within Kira Talent (so - more granular access rights would be nice).

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Bridget! Thank you so much for your review!! I am so glad that Kira has been helpful to you and your team over the years, and that you are going to be integrating with Slate! I would love to connect about questions leaking onto public forums. I will send you an email to chat further :) - Cathlin

Anthony R.

It's easy to use and generally reliable.

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

Simplicity and speed, as well as the rubric definitions and verbiage. The ability to add and edit notes. As an end-user, I'm not privy to the customizable nature of the questions or rubrics, but would hope that we have the option of testing for various competencies (in addition to the same ones I see every day from applicants' submissions).

Cons

The lack of ability to place candidates literally next to each other in comparison. At least as I've been trained, each applicant is reviewed separately, but there are times when it would be valuable to have functionality allowing side-by-side comparison of ratings and for the choice of applicants (side by side) be "filterable" by application date, geography, etc. Also, is there a way to test for severity or leniency bias by reviewers and to filter the results by the same criteria, as well as demographic data? There's a lot more potential for this program-- largely to help with validity and reliability.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Anthony, thank you so much for your great review! Unfortunately, we don't capture geographic data in Kira now, but this is a great idea. The ability to compare applicants side by side is also a great idea - I'll submit these as feature requests now. I hope you're using the "Analytics" tab at the top of your Kira screen, and your "Ratings by Reviewer" option per assessment to understand the variability between reviewers' overall scores! - Melanie

Meredith R.
Industry: Higher Education

I couldn't do my job without Kira!

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

I've saved a lot of personal time reviewing applicants thanks to Kira.

Pros

Kira is easy to use. I can have multiple reviewers use the system and everything is consistent across the board. Using Kira has saved me personally over 45 additional hours of reviewing interviews outside of my normal working hours per year. The platform is intuitive and user friendly. Their customer support is second to none! The minute I have a question, I can expect a reply within the hour and my dedicated account specialist makes me feel like I have her fullest attention. They continually provide support and resources for my students and staff. Because of Kira, I now have more time to focus on my applicants and students.

Cons

Kira has come a long way since I began to use them, and I look forward to the growth ahead. I understand that it's hard to have on platform for all of the companies/universities who use their services, but there are more tweaks that can be made to enhance my personal use of their platform, including a search function for ALL of Kira, not just a search per section/group. It would also be great to have a way to input the completion date into the system and have automatic reminder emails get sent out until they complete it.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Meredith! Thanks so much for your review! I am so glad to hear that you have found your Kira experience so enjoyable!! Thank you so much for your feedback on new features that could improve the product for you :) I will definitely bring these back to my team and keep you updated on any progress! Best, Cathlin

Brittany S.

Easy Application Review

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Pros

I like this software because of the simplicity of the software and the ease of use. I love the idea of being able to watch prospective student videos and getting to review the application on another level. It is helpful to not have to only review long drawn out applications all day, but to have a tool that allows for you to easily separate one candidate from the next candidate. I love the Kira interviews. The process works well for a program like social work or public health because you can really see and witness the passion that is exuded from the video submissions that the applicants send in to us during application season.

Cons

Although there are aspects of the software that I really like, there are also aspects of the software that I believe are a bit challenging at times. For example, I find it difficult sometimes to troubleshoot, navigate, and solve technical issues for individuals applying to the program. In my opinion, the solution is not very helpful to the prospective student because I often must refer them to Kira to call for help with their problem and sometimes I feel as if I am not providing the highest level of customer service to the prospective student. This can at times can be a bit frustrating to say the least.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Brittany, Thank you so much for your review! I am so happy to hear that Kira allows you to see the passion of the student applying :) Thank you for letting us know about the issues and ideas that you have surrounding technical support for applicants! I would love to connect with you further about this to hear your ideas :) I will reach out to your via email. - Cathlin

Jeremy A.
Industry: Higher Education

Good functionality and quite easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Pros

The short interviews that we use the software for are very valuable.

Kira is pretty easy to use - inviting one or multiple email addresses to an interview is very easy. The platform is quick to load and watch interviews.

We use this platform almost daily and it works well for what it does.

Cons

I really wish that the interviews were mobile compatible. Several interviewees have only had access to a microphone though their phone, so have not been able to complete the Kira interview.

Once someone completes an interview, you cannot change the interview structure (for instance to give interviewees more time to complete the interview). I understand why this is in place but wish you could override the system to make these changes.

It is tricky / finicky to copy links to individual interview invites. We do this quite a bit as we will send an email with their interview link.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Jeremy - thanks so much for your feedback! I'm glad you're having a good experience overall. We hope to have mobile apps for applicants again in the future, and please lean on me at any time to make structural changes to the interview. I'm happy to help. Regarding the interview links for applicants - I hope you're making use of the Applicant Details CSV for easy copy/pasting! - Melanie

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Real Estate

A GREAT ADDITION TO THE INTERVIEW PROCESS; GARNERS ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT DETAILS FROM APPLICANTS

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

Pros

Simple yet effective. Using Kira allowed us to get to know our clients in a way that made the screening process easier. The video interviewing features created a faster and easier way of assessing a client, it saved us and the client time. After the video interview, we can be certain which client is a great candidate for our firm. The process became smoother since we started using Kira.

Cons

It seems like applicants cannot be filtered demographically which is an important factor for applicant browsing, for us at least. It would really be great if this can be added to future updates since this may hasten our process more.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey there!

Thank you so much for the positive review! :) I've taken your feedback and shared it with our development team for consideration. Please feel free to reach to your Client Success Manager if you'd like to discuss this in more detail!

-Christian

Sarah B.

Great Platform for Garnering Hundreds of Interviews

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Pros

Kira saves our team so much time by allowing us to collect interview responses without having to schedule an in-person or face-to-face Skype interview. Having the interview responses are also a really helpful way for us to more holistically review applicants to our graduate programs. We learn more about the applicants by hearing them speak, as opposed to just knowing them from what they provide on paper.

Cons

There is some clunky-ness in the functionality of the software, especially when clicking in and out of each video response. For example, when trying to select the Notes button, it is easy to accidentally click somewhere outside of the button and then consequently collapse the entire video and ranking section. This gets frustrating when you are in the middle of viewing a video and then accidentally close it because you clicked somewhere close by.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Sarah,

Thank you so much for the feedback and review! :) I've shared your feedback with our design and development teams!

Elissa L.
Industry: Management Consulting

Great addition to our recruiting process

Reviewed on 2015/03/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We found Kira Talent to be a great screening tool to quickly get a sense of certain candidates and narrow to a short-list in an efficient way. Instead of judging based on resumes alone, these video interviews were a great supplement to get us down to a shorter list of candidates worth interviewing in person.

Cons

When I first started using the software a couple of years ago there were a few minor glitches, but I believe they've all been fixed. They're also very responsive on any issues, so this didn't cause me any real problems.

David F.

Overall I really enjoy getting to know the students by seeing them and hearing their answers.

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

I get a deeper knowledge of the student by seeing them and hearing them answer the questions. Their applications come to life when I watch their videos.

Pros

The software makes it very easy to invite a student to interview. In addition, the software makes it easy to view a student's video. The quality of the video is very high.

Cons

I don't like to have to search for the student I invited. We have 6 members of our staff who invite students and I have to scroll through all of them to find the ones I invited because I only view the students I invite. Also, I wish it were less cumbersome to see when a student was invited, and to send them a reminder to complete their video by the due date. I can only search on sent invites if I know the email address. This is frustrating.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi David, Thanks so much for your review! Thank you for providing feedback on how your team uses our product and we will definitely take this into account in the future! I will send you an email to see if we can schedule a time to chat about some of your concerns and ways we can address them on the platform :) Best, Cathlin

Brian F.
Industry: Education Management

Kira Talent is an easy to use online platform for managing interview invites for our applicants.

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

This software allows us to easily interface with our applicant base to manage our interviews.

Pros

The best feature of this software is its ability to manage reminders through the system for those who have not started or not completed their Kira interview. It's also very user friendly, allowing us to group specific people for certain types of interviews as well as providing analysis for certain types of actions taken throughout an interview.

Cons

I would like to have a feature added that lets us know whether individuals have received the original email invitation. Sometimes we are unsure if someone has received and viewed/opened the invitation email and we have to follow up with them manually.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Bryan! Thank you so much for your feedback. In your "Analytics" tab at the top of your page, you can see the "Applicant Pipeline" for each of your assessments. On this blue bar graph, the "Not Started" stage lists all applicants who have not opened their invite email. The "Opened Email" stage lists all applicants who've opened their email, but haven't registered yet. You can also remind the applicants from this page as well! Hope that helps! - Melanie

Cynthia L.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I like Kira Talent, the platform is professional and easy to use, excellent customer support.

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Easy to connect candidates from different parts of the world. No need to schedule phone interviews. We can evaluate the candidates' English skills, their personality and determine if they are a good fit to our program. We can also use customized questions.

Pros

It is easy to use. It eliminates the burden of phone interview (different time zones). Good to see the candidate's personality and determine their communication skills. An excellent feature is to sends reminders to candidates who did not complete the video on time.

Cons

Sometime the sound and video quality is not clear.
Candidates unable to do the video interview from a mobile phone.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Cynthia! Thanks so much for your review! I am glad to hear that Kira has been beneficial to you and your team! We did used to have a mobile app that applicants could use to complete the assessment, but we found that very few applicants utilized it! Thank you so much for this feedback, and I will be sure to share this with my team! Best, Cathlin

Jamie A.
Industry: Education Management

Excellent product and even better customer service

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

We work with several admissions technology vendors - Kira is by far the best to work with!

Pros

The Kira team is amazing to work with - there is a bit of work on the front end to get setup and they were with us and super helpful all the way. Kira is easy to use and administer and we've received mostly positive feedback from our applicants as well. It has really added something special to our holistic admissions process.

Cons

Lack of mobile app - would be convenient for applicants to use their mobile devices to complete the assessment.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Jamie! :)

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback! We are really happy to be "by far the best to work with."

Cheers!

Susan J.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Kira Talent is an excellent way to screen applicants and form an immediate impression.

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

This software provides a very reliable indicator of an applicant's personality and potential. In a program such as ours, where we assess leadership potential, communications ability, initiative and assertiveness, Kira Talent has proven to be very consistent with what we find during full-length, in-person interviews.

Pros

The software is easy to use, functional, has good search function, and provides valuable information. I use it a lot and have found it to be a very important of our admissions process, especially when we cannot interview everybody.

Cons

I think students are a little intimidated by the process and may be nervous. I have had some instances in which students read their responses to the question. This isn't a problem with the software per se. Occasionally, the videos take a while to load and cause delay.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Susan - I'm so glad you're having a positive experience with Kira! Please let me know if you continue to experience video loading issues this year - we've recently updated our video player, so the playback should be instantaneous next review season :) - Melanie

Emily D.

Kira - Great for increasing efficiency of application review

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

My overall experience with Kira has been great. It's easy to use and increases the efficiency of our application interviewing process.

Pros

The addition of Kira to our business school application process significantly increase the turn around time for admissions decisions, allows our team to interview more candidates, created a more consistent and fair applicant interview process, and all while maintaining the integrity of the interview process.

Cons

Due to the way our team moves applications forward, the one change that I would love to see is the ability to batch assign/unassign applicants to reviewers. Currently the system only permits user to assign/unassign applicant interviews one by one to reviewers - which takes longer when you've got 50 interviews to unassign and the next 50 or 60 to assign.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Emily! :)

Thanks so much for the great review and feedback! I have shared this with our design and development teams!