Showing 26 reviews of 16

Workboard

The Enterprise Results Platform

Showing 26 reviews of 16
Rani H.

Workboard enables us to achieve bigger goals faster

Reviewed on 2014/11/06

We have been using Workboard for about 9 months to help our core and extended team tightly execute against the most important goals and outcomes. Workboard has improved my capacity as a manager and creates the time for me to be a leader.

My team has hundreds of action items we juggle at any one time amidst endless emails and fire drills. At the speed we are moving, it's easy to get distracted or lose track of important details. With Workboard, we stay focused and aligned on the priorities and nothing falls through the cracks. Workboard gives us transparency and improves accountability; eases and speeds transitions when the plan changes; enables performance reviews to be fact based and increases effectiveness of my 1on1s.

Workboard is a critical tool for leaders and teams that are driving to big goals .

Annette S.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

A solid solution for agency work

Reviewed on 2014/07/21

We're trying out Workboard to manage work for several clients. Very helpful - I can hold my team and my clients accountable for achieving our mutual goals. We use it to route press releases and articles through creation, editing and completion, to comment on those actions and collaborate on work. As clients complete their actions and reviews, I get real time visibility -- it's a huge help! We need fewer status calls, which means we spend our time helping them get coverage instead of reporting on our efforts.

Most powerful when the client is using it as well - we can really function as a single team.

Pros

Each person see only their own workstreams, but I can see all the clients in a single place.

Gonzalo M.

Workboard Helpls Us Manage and Execute at Startup Speed

Reviewed on 2014/07/17

Our organization relies heavily on Workboard to communicate priorities and action items within the marketing team. I can provide my boss with transparency and status more easily. At the same time, I can keep my own team focused and following through on the right work. It's clear who owns what and what's expected -- hugely helpful in a fast-paced organization like ours!

Rani H.

Workboard is our Marketing operations manager

Reviewed on 2015/11/17

Pros

Workboard keeps my team organized and every week focused on the right priorities and target goal achievement.
Removing all the action items from email is so liberating!
This frees up time for me to actually lead the team.
The Workboard support team is brilliantly responsive.

Cons

We would like to use the product for performance reviews as well!
The module is not yet available. - hoping it is on the roadmap.
Workboard already manages the teams goals, the achievement, would be easy to roll that capability in?!

James H.
  • Industry: Information Services

Workboard for OKR's!

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

EXCELLENT! Customer service has been great & responsive.

Pros

It keeps us focused on the most important items!! Easy to use & share information with my team.

Cons

Some very minor glitches with the software.

Shawn L.

Great app!

Reviewed on 2014/07/17

Workboard can simplify and empower your professional life!

Pros

Easy to sign up.
Easy to use.
Flexible tool for professionals in all industries.
Great for tracking and reporting OKR's, goals, tasks and milestones.

Allows for close tracking of goals and key results

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

It’s great

Pros

Allows for quick tracking of OKRs even from mobile phone

Cons

At times the interface is clunky and confusing. Mobile app is basic, could get more rich.

Robert D.
  • Industry: Photography

Don't Be Evil, Workboard Inc.

Reviewed on 2015/07/28

Be prepared to pay the whole annual price if you want to sign up for the Elite Subscription. I wanted to use Workboard as my main inter-company team /project collaboration tool (MBO, GTD, OKR). I proceeded to enter my strategic relationships, workflows, and upload sensitive collaborative documents. I was doing fine until I decided to sign up for their monthly Elite Plan. As soon as I entered my credit card information, I was immediately ushered to a congratulations screen, there was NO CONFIRMATION page to authorize a deducted amount (a big RED flag). Upon getting a notice from my bank that I've been overdrawn, I checked my email, and to my dismay I discovered I've been charged the whole annual amount of $632.10! I searched for contact numbers or email of their Billing Department or Customer Support on my account page or their whole website, or their Billing email notification--and to my dismay there is NONE! (another two to three big RED flags!). Had no recourse but to email their CEO and report their anomaly and got a "we regret that it was not clear enough for you" as part of her message. They said they were going to reverse the charges, however it didn't happen as I was still levied overdrawn fees, and all my scheduled payments, for those four interim days, were compromised as a result of insufficient funds. It didn't get reversed the same day as I get from other companies who use credit cards. Very costly learning experience for me as I got levied fees and had checks returned. I detected no empathy on my predicament from Ms CEO. There is no button /contact email, nor telephone number on your website account page to opt out. You have to write directly to the CEO.

Pros

A. You can do Objective Key Results (OKRs), Management by Objective (MBOs) and Get Things Done (GTD) method thru this app.

B. You can enter your Strategic Relationships, Define your competitive Advantage Workflows, and upload /share collaborative sensitive documents.

Cons

- No Customer Support/Billing Department contact info.
- Knowing you have done Pros B above is now scary.
- Misleading markers to entry to subscription plan, high barriers of exit. It's a managerial mousetrap.

Mike M.

Well beyond a task management app, this is a fully functional team success app.

Reviewed on 2014/11/05

I recommend checking out Workboard. The many project and collaboration apps I've used fail to help managers organize work across teams. Workboard is different because it was designed for people who manage teams, not just people who manage projects. At BTRG we can now all manage our priorities and action items more effectively and I get transparency on the status of work I've delegated and where my team is investing time and effort. The automatic weekly status reports are really the icing on the cake.

Julia G.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Great free resource

Reviewed on 2019/06/30

Pros

Organizing multiple individuals responsibilities in supporting one project.

Cons

A bit cumbersome to learn. Less intuitive than I'd like though once you are in it for a week or so it becomes easier.

Andrew T.

Powerful OKR Tool

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

Workboard was the software we choose to implement OKRs into our business. From a leadership point of view, it was brilliant, integrating Business Strategy with individual staff performance management and provided teams that did not have a task tracking software, a one stop shop to manage their teams day to day process.

The Meetings part of Wobo is fantastic, enabling each team to link their daily / weekly cadence meetings directly to their OKRs and create minutes and actions related to them.

Pros

Powerful all in one tool to operate a business using the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) framework, with strong integrations to other data sets for automating the import of Key Result data.

Cons

Our users found Workboard a little difficult to use and the interface a bit slow.

Veronica C.
  • Industry: Accounting

Keeps me on task

Reviewed on 2015/11/12

Pros

Workboard makes it easy to stay on task and keep an eye on what my employees are accomplishing. The company is always implementing updates so the product just keeps getting better! I also appreciate the CPEs they sponsor, I always find them interesting.

Cons

We've had some issues with my employees sending me an update on their to-do list, it doesn't always go thru. I also wish that when I am sharing my list with my manager that there was a way to filter out the items that have already been completed or put on pause.

Rusty R.

workboard really rocks!

Reviewed on 2014/11/09

I work with a number of companies, non-profits and political organizations across a variety of dynamic initiatives. Workboard makes it easy for me to manage them all in one place. I get a view of my action items for the day and week but also get a more holistic view by initiative, partner company/organization, and priority. I recommend it for high performing teams and intrepreneurs -- really drives goal alignment and achievement and gives a unique way to stay on track. Not to mention I now feel like I am getting to things faster and more consistently!

Christopher M.
  • Industry: Accounting

Best OKR Software not in the OKR Software category

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

OKR metrics are the next, and much improved, evolution of managing business strategy. Workboard allows me to drive my business in an efficient manner by staying faithful to the Doerr/Google methods.

Pros

Faithfully follows the OKR methodology recommended by John Doerr and used by Google and many others. For some odd reason, this top contender doesnt even show up in the right category. Reasonably priced, well balanced and the interface is very clean and easy to use overall.

Cons

I dinged it one star for a limited range of products to update results, but just one star as they are obviously trying to remedy this. Updating results is the Achilles heel of the awesome OKR system. The system demands rapid, even real time results, to be effective. Some OKR software packages don't even recognize the need for this and assume the data just magically appears. If automation is lacking, that means some poor junior accountant is probably up to his eyeballs in Excel spreadsheets typing mounds of data in to feed the monster. As a manager who came up through the back office, the worst use of my human resources is using them to collate and update data that could be done faster and better with automation. It’s zombie work that ironically demotivates staff. I need that person to work on improving my own OKRs. So, good start, Workboard, but more, more, more integrations and give me my people back for productive work.

• Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Great management tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Pros

Top Pros include nice user interface, the ability to create tasks easily (well, as easy as the platform allows), adjusting dates and priorities, and the ability to take notes and comments.

Cons

Top Cons - hold on a little bit for this one... The learning curve is a doozy. Plus the costs for the SASS is top of budget for premium. I'm just a previous user, so I only heard a few complaints, but still think it may be worth the use for others.