1 569 reviews

Zapier

Integration platform to connect web apps

4,7
4,5
4,6
4,3
4,4
1 569 reviews
Fillipe neyl W.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Zapier makes creating integrations fast and easy

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

There's no secret to use Zapier, all you need to is to play with it, follow simple steps the interface tells you to or read the documentation (that's very abundant). The most recent thing I've learned was to use webhooks and use Zapier to get ou send information directly to apps API. It solves most of the issues I mentioned prior.

Pros

Zapier changed the way I deal with apps and tasks. Now everything I need to accomplish I ask myself: is it possible to use Zapier to make this easier or even totally automated? From simple things like sending happy birthday emails to my clients, to connecting a ERP app with Google Spreadsheets, there's hundreds of apps with thousands of possible combinations possible to make our lives easier.

Cons

Since they revamped the interface for creating and managing Zaps, there's not really anything that I don't like about Zapier. If worth mentioning something, it would be the missing actions, triggers or sometimes apps to integrate, but that's not Zapier's fault, because it depends of the apps making their services available on Zapier. Some apps like Wrike sell their own automating app, so they don't offer many choices inside Zapier. Others like RD Station Marketing lack of possibilities in their own API, so it's not possible to do much too.

Alexandra G.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Switching to Zapier has saved us many headaches!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/01/03

We've had an amazing experience switching to Zapier. Our previous vendor disconnected all the time and wasn't great about notifying us, and was considerably more expensive. Zapier is responsive, intuitive and exceeded our expectations. It's really helped us create value for our clients.

Pros

I love that Zapier is intuitive to setup and warns us of any disconnections, and has an amazing support staff, all features our previous vendor was seriously lacking. We initially made the switch to Zapier simply to link Facebook Lead Ads to email, but since have utilized many other "zaps" to create workflows for clients that our clients are thrilled about. We've linked Facebook Ads to CRMs and email marketing platforms, text messages, Google Sheets and auto-emails, and we've turned our internal marketing team and SEO and PPC teams onto the service. In my opinion, the best feature of Zapier is the ability to build out entire flows (e.g. Facebook Lead Ads submitted triggers adding it to an email list, updating a CRM and sending a text - you don't just have to choose one feature).

Cons

Facebook's API causes Zapier to disconnect frequently, but Zapier is quick to send an email letting us know our Zap isn't functioning correctly, I just wish they would tell us WHY it isn't functioning correctly. The emails should include more details so that we can isolate the particular part of the service that isn't functioning.

Karambir K.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
Company size: Self Employed

Easy-to-Use Automation and Integration

Reviewed on 2020/09/20

Two things stand out for me:
1) Most support requests were met with what appeared to be an automated apology that they couldn't resolve my issue.
2) Zapier makes money based on the purchases of an allotment of monthly tasks. Some tasks lack flexibility requiring the use of more tasks than one might imagine. They are always happy to sell you more tasks, but requests for more robust functionality always seemed to be met with a shoulder shrug.

Pros

The feature that met our needs was the ability to respond to an http request in a variety of ways (email, save to spreadsheet being the most common). I am an experienced programmer with over 15 years experience and was happy to have a solution that did not require writing a lot of code. In general the ability to rapidly design and implement a solution for a specific requirement was a big time-saver.

Cons

Unfortunately, some common programming tasks such as creating and writing to a spreadsheet seemed in surmountable. In the end, I chose to manually create the worksheets I projected would be used to eliminate potentially complicated workarounds. Also, there is a limit on the number of levels of logical branching which caused some headaches such that I eventually migrated the functionality to Google Scripts which offers a richer feature-set despite the increase in coding.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Devlyn M.
Industry: Arts & Crafts
Company size: Self Employed

A little complicated, but so helpful when it works!

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

It's overall been really positive!

Pros

Being able to integrate different software together, especially when I was managing hundreds of events a month. It was able to input new entries in a specific google calendar with my airtable bases. I've also used it with shipping software, and to automate other tasks. Most of the tasks I've set up, have gotten obsolete with new updates from software, but there's always something new to make more efficient.

Cons

It's a bit complicated to understand and then set up. Once you find the right combo, it's like magic. I do wish there was a way to trigger some of the integrations for past instances, but that would probably have its own issues.

If you've done csv imports into a spreadsheet, you can probably figure this out.

Stephen W.
Industry: Veterinary

Zapier - Taking the extra steps out of extra steps.

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Zapier has been a great product to use. The "Zaps" you can setup reply help save time. Right now I use it to automate our workflow for incoming marketing requests. Requests come in through a Google Form that synched the data input into a Google sheet form. Zapier takes all new data rows and parses them into an approval request e-mail, Trello board item, and a current project doc Google Sheet.

Pros

Zapier added extra functionality to existing software and apps we were already onboarded with and saved us time by streamlining our workflow.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve between setting up automation and testing it, in some cases it's difficult to determine where the error is.

Jared D.
Industry: Computer Software

Integrate Almost Anything!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/01/11

I wish we had known about them sooner because we would have used them for so many tools to sync that don't have direct integrations.

Pros

Zapier is a poweful third-party integration tool that easily allows you to sync data between apps that may not have a direct integration. The number of apps that they integrate is massive and they do a great job of offering as many data points as possible to integrate.

Cons

The process for setting up a Zap can be a bit tricky to get a hang of when first setting it up. Also, there are some apps they have in their system that don't show up when you search for them, so you have to get a unique link from that app.

Neal W.
Industry: Internet

A big time saver

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

The overall experience has been great. A lot of options and I like that Zapier is creating internal apps.

Pros

The ever-growing list of integrations they're building. By using Zapier we can get more out of our apps and customize my workflow for what works best for me (Ex: SMS notifications rather than email notifications).

Cons

Task limits. Even with a few commonly used zaps you can hit your limit pretty quickly.

David H.
Industry: Media Production

Zapier is a key part of our company workflow

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

Outstanding...we use it to connect various data sources and ensure things transfer without loss or error. It is seamless and has saved us a tonne of time.

Pros

It connects apps that don't normally integrate - keeping our data at the forefront and reducing manual input - and potential errors.

Cons

For a beginner there is a small learning curve but if you have good technical skills you can get running quickly so it's not too significant.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

The magic connection software!

Reviewed on 2020/06/28

Zapier has been to great to get old and new software alike to cooperate effectively. We built an entire industrial-grade text messaging platform powered on the back end by Zapier.

Pros

Zapier makes it quick and easy to connect almost any two pieces of software in the cloud via webhooks, API calls, or web-accessible flat files!

Cons

rate limiting is probably the biggest issue to give this a real go, along with the inability to easily call in external modules, e.g., custom JS written externally, or to front an API.

Industry: Higher Education

Zapuer is an essential tool for bridging gaps in other platforms

Reviewed on 2019/12/22

Zapier is a tool we depend on to help us overcome gaps in function between solutions, or extend the abilities of and integrate various other platforms we use. It’s the glue that holds our marketing stack together, and is relatively low-cost for the benefits it offers.

Pros

Zapier is inexpensive relative to the possible benefits
Zapier has a wide and ever-expanding range of compatible applications
Setting up automations is an easy point-and-click process.

Cons

There’s not a lot to dislike. Occasionally, an automation won’t work quite as intended, or a job will require two processes to work—the function can be tedious.

Tony S.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Automating Business Processes without technical skills.

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

When a customer visits my website there are multiple entry points, for example signing up to our newsletter, or opening up a user account, or buying a product.

Zapier allows me to differentiate between these different people and set up specific tasks for each class of consumer.

This completely automates the process, which saves me a very large amount of time. The fact that I can also make changes to flowcharts on my own is pretty amazing.

I am extremely happy with how it manages my tasks, and lets me know immediately if something has stopped working, so I can see what has caused a bottleneck.

Pros

One of the biggest challenges for me as a business owner is the fact that I need to outsource a lot of technical issues to developers which end up costing me a lot of money. Every time I need to change something, it costs even more.

Zapier puts me in control of managing my business flow processes. I can link leads from multiple social media sources directly into my own CRM software, send out text messages and welcome emails to new clients, all automatically.

If I need to change something, I can do it myself in a few minutes. Zapier has literally saved me and my small business thousands of dollars in development.

Cons

The learning curve on Zapier is not as easy as they would like you to believe. They've introduced a new format which is supposed to make it easier, but it's actually made it more difficult because it is now harder to see the flow diagrams.

Support is fantastic if you do get stuck, and they're always willing to help - but it did take me about 2-3 weeks before I felt comfortable developing flows (what they call Zaps).

Another issue for me is the change in billing structure. They used to have a pay-as-you-use model. Their new payment models make it seem like Zapier is now cheaper than it was before, but it actually works out a lot more expensive.

Industry: Online Media

Automates Every Day Tasks

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Like I said before, we use Zapier to automate tasks that we would normally have to do manually. Things that used to require extra man power and time are done automatically by integrating your every day apps in Zapier.

Pros

Zapier is great at taking the monotony out of your every day tasks and automates them, saving you both time and money. Zapier does this by connecting to your most used apps and triggering actions depending on conditions that you set up yourself.

A few examples of tasks that I personally use Zapier for include:
- If our organization posts a new Instagram story, Zapier automatically takes that data and posts it on on our WordPress website to the social media section of the website.
- We have a project request form where with any submission, projects are automatically created in Asana. - If I tag a project in Asana, Zapier automatically sends an email to the client that the project is complete.

Cons

Sometimes it can be somewhat of a hurdle to set up certain integrations. Also, the integrations will at times stop working and it can be a challenge to nail down the exact cause. Usually the integrations stops working because of api changes with the individual apps, or if there was a password change with a user in the account.

Ashley F.
Industry: Management Consulting

Best thing to ever happen to a small business!

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Amazing. I can't imagine life and work without using this software to automate our tasks. There is never a question now as to whether certain tasks got completed.

Pros

My company has a very specific set of tasks to perform daily. With Zapier, we've been able to automate 70% of our daily repetitive tasks. It takes a little getting used to how they set their tasks up, but once you have it figured out, there's almost no limit to what Zapier can accomplish for you. We have been able to send hundreds of thousands of emails automatically without lifting a finger. When the system runs into an issue, it alerts us immediately so we can take action. We would not be where we are today without the functionality and ease-of-use of Zapier. When I have any issues I can't solve, the Zapier team is standing by to help me via person emails to solve the problem correctly the first time without making me feel incompetent. This system has saved us from having to hire an entire IT department. More so, when I DID hire an IT group to help me originally set up, guess what they used? ZAPIER!

Cons

The only thing I dislike about Zapier is the initial learning curve in how it works and needs to flow. After that, it's quite easy. I also wish they would save fields when changing tasks- for instance I have a task that needs to run on a trigger and feed into a database, but each month, the database needs to go to a new tab. Even though I change the tab in the task on zapier, I have to re-enter all other data because zapier erases it. Solve that, and this would be a perfect software for me.

Industry: Financial Services

The BEST tool out there for automation & sending data ... wherever! :)

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

For data-driven businesses who use a large number of SaaS products .. or any software with an API really...which is... I would hope all of them... ;) , Zapier is an absolute no-brainer. Never again (when selecting new software to purchase) do we have to worry "Oh, well it doesn't integrate with {{insertOtherSoftwareHere}}, so we can't use it until their dev teams builds it for us". You have full control over what data goes where, how it should be formatted, and all the tools you need to test & optimize that "data transport" over time. Further, the automation possibilities are nearly endless.

Want to kick-off an email whenever someone completes a training-video on your site? (without having to rely on client-side javascript tagging): easy with zapier.

Want to test out a new e-commerce solution, but don't want to deal with having two sources of product-fulfillment? easy, just send the order data to your existing ecom platform with zapier, and centralize all the fulfillment there.

the possibilities are infinite, it just comes down to having at least one person who is savvy with either Javascript (Node.js) or Python if you want to do more "custom" things beyond the built-in apps (which ... is still a lot).

Can't recommend enough.

Pros

1. highly flexible & customizable: if they don't have a pre-built integration with a tool you use, you can easily build your own using their built-in webhook, webhook listeners, and "code" blocks. does require a bit of coding experience, but once you or your team build a few things / experiment & figure it out.. it's an absolute game-changer.

2. you'll think "what would i do without this?" ... that's the hallmark of a great software, and Zapier is without a doubt one of the top 3 most important tools for our business. if you want to be data-driven, the first step is getting the right data to the right places. Zapier enables you to do that EASILY.

3. reliable. i've only had about 2 - 3 "outages" in my zaps since i started using the tool, and they were all due to edge-cases that my custom-code steps didn't handle properly. Zapier gives you a nice debugging / testing interface and allows you to search back through every single "zap" that your account has sent over time... and step through them to sort out what the issue might be.

Cons

1. pulling in "test data" when building zaps - this is one thing that really annoys me... when you're creating a new Zap, and Zapier is "testing the step" that you just set up, it only pulls the most recent "event" that matches what you're doing. Now, this is OK in most cases, but if you have a zap that needs to handle a few different situations "conditionally" ... then it stinks. for example, say you want to build a zap that sends your sales team an email every-time a Stripe charge of over is processed. Well, if the most recent charge in Stripe (or the most recent 3 or 4, etc.) are all lower than, then your test will fail. That's a very contrived example, but ideally, Zapier would allow you to search through past events for the app that you're trying to "zap from", and CHOOSE the appropriate test event.

Minor gripe mainly will only impact those who want to build more complex/complicated zaps.

Stefany B.
Industry: Real Estate

Point and Click Automation

Reviewed on 2017/09/22

Decrease in errors from inside and outside of the company on paperwork
Increased productivity due to faster dissemination of vital information.
Lower cost to operate. Fewer humans needed to handle the office.

Pros

There are almost too may pros to mention. Office automation in my number one requirement and Zapier makes it easy and fast. All of my software can now "talk" to each other to handle tedious and time consuming tasks.
Contractors, clients and employees can enter data into front-end forms and everyone gets the right PDF for their needs on the other end. I am still finding new uses as my company grows.

The mail parser offered by Zapier is magical! You choose the information you want pulled from email list and the data is added to your database or any app you have connected. The daily and weekly update emails are scraped for the important parts, all the data is extracted to the apps that are most valuable for the company. As this data is time sensitive, not having to wait for a human to do it keeps us ahead of the curve.

The multi-step addition was right on time. Now I can move data to a number of apps in seconds.
Overall, Zapier has made it easier for my agents to follow the rules. Paperwork is submitted digitally, leads are disseminated automatically saving time between the client calling and getting a return call.

Zapier just saves time and keeps errors to a minimum. If you are control freak like myself, you NEED Zapier.

Cons

Some of the multi step process are not intuitive to create. Support is very helpful but I feel there might need a small interface update that could make it easier to understand.

Jamie W.
Industry: Facilities Services

Zapier adds value to all of my other software by putting the polish on all of my web-based systems

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

We use several SAAS solutions in our day-to-day operations. Zapier is the glue that holds it all together. The automation that we've been able to implement through Zapier is what gives the impression of a slick, unified system. It has allowed us to continue improving by using the best features from a wide array of software to build a customized system that works the way we want it to without having to enlist our own team of developers.

I used to run into roadblocks with software and think, "Gee, I wish I could just..." With Zapier, I actually can.

Pros

Zapier is exceptionally easy to use. I started by playing around with a few of the hundreds of suggested Zaps, but it didn't take long to get the gist and start building from scratch.

I use Zapier to send automated emails triggered by software that either doesn't offer that option natively or doesn't give me as much customization as I want. The result has been increased communication coming out of my office with far less time commitment to make it happen. With budgets what they are these days, I'm constantly being asked to do more with less. Zapier has made that possible.

Another unexpected plus is that I've discovered other great software through Zapier.

I've got a favorite relational database. I've got a favorite web form. I've got a favorite workflow system when I need input from others. Zapier has allowed me to tie all of those together without having to compromise so I can take advantage of the best features of all of them. Because I don't have to intervene manually, there's no duplicate data entry so errors are minimized as well.

Zapier saves me time every day.

Cons

Multi-step Zaps are great, but conditional Zaps would help me stay more organized. Right now, Zapier doesn't offer that so I end up with three separate Zaps that each have a unique filter, rather than one conditional Zap that can route to different steps based on variable input.

So far, I've always been able to find a work around. It's like having a 2000-piece Lego set, but not having the exact piece you want. You can still build your house, and it will be amazing, but it would have saved you a few steps if you just had that one more piece.

Kayona B.
Industry: Entertainment

Best way to make the connection

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Overall, Zapier is just a life and time saver! Software companies are popping up every day, often with no regard to how a customer may specifically need it to work with another software. Without Zapier, some functions may need manual attention that very small businesses simply cannot afford to spend the time to give.

Zapier is a must have for any business, big or small.

Pros

With so much technology being created to make our lives easier, speedbumps can occur when these applications can't seamlessly communicate with each other. Here's where Zapier comes in. This might be the single most important element of my business flow. Zapier is the liaison for all of apps and software, enabling them to talk and connect with each other in ways that, perhaps, they didn't intend.

For example, in my business, we offer a booklet that customers can purchase with add-ons. We do not print the books ourselves; we use a print-on-demand service, so we need the orders sent to that company when they come in. The print company can't connect to our order form, and who has the time to send orders that may come in round the clock, one by one to a fulfillment plant?

Zapier enables us to connect our order form to Gmail so that when the orders come in, an email of the order specifications are automatically sent to the fulfillment company where they can print the book and ship it to our customer.

See? Zapier make life so much easier!

Cons

Although it's fairly user-friendly, setting up a "Zap" (a connection from one software to another, or many others) takes lots of tests with lots of trial and error. This is not necessarily a "con", as most things require tests and are not just "plug-and-play." But I'd advise anyone, especially newcomers to this great software, to count on spending some time to get it right, because it will require quite some time to perfect.

David K.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Connecting my apps

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Support was very good - and honest - when we uncovered the bug of some of the Slack functionality not working. It's an easy tool to use - I had set up 4 Zaps without a problem and I am not a technical person.

Pros

It's really easy to connect the apps we use to facilitate the exchange of data and increase the functionality of our core applications. An example - we use Ringcentral for phone service and messaging. We realized that as we increase the use of SMS messaging we were "working in silos" not knowing what each other was texting to a customer. We were able to "share text messages" by setting up a Zapier that copied all of the text messages into slack so the entire team could read them. Simple and effective. No programming.

Cons

Zapier had some functions , such as retrieving a new file received in Slack, that do not work. I have been in contact with support, they acknowledge the bug, but will not give an estimate to when it will be fixed. This major flaw has forced us to look at Zapier alternatives to meet our needs.

Janosch F.
Industry: Human Resources

A powerfull door opener

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Encountering and getting to use Zapier really was an enlightening experience. There have been a lot of occasions on which I run into a wall before I knew about Zaps. Although it might scare of some people on the more sceptical side I must say, I am a convinced and excessive user of Zaps and would recommend anyone who is considering tools to look for Zapier integration and check which additional doors this opens. Definite recommendation.

Pros

whenever we evaluate a product for use, be it internally, be it for use with a customer or a team wether or not it is integrated with Zapier has made a great difference. Zapier manages to open the door for many many tools we would not have considered as standalone solutions, but with Zapiers easy and quick integration we are able to combine best-of-breed tools into robust, custom-tailored, specific, effective solutions for scenarios and - most often - also solve side cases in the same run.
ZAier makes it easy to connect Applications on API basis and actually makes the "lets make tool A talk to tool B whenever C happens" reality. Also, there are already many so called "Zaps" (integrations between applications) in place that fit many common usecases. For example - I can create the Stub for an Offer in my accounting solution automatically whenever I move an Opportunity in the sales-pipeline to the "offer" stage. Things like this save time every day and this is just one example. I would call an existing Zapier Integration critical for my tool selection and recommendation process.

Cons

The subscription modell of Zapier is sometimes somewhat tricky. Most often it is recommendable to start with a number of Zaps that are free in a certain timeframe. Thex are limited by the latency and overal number they are applicable, lets say per day. Sadly there is no fallback, such as when an experimental Zap really takes off and is required to go live asap I have been debuging for extended ammounts of time before I understood, that latency issues might be caused by my subscription choice. I wouldn't complain about the cost of zaps, as Cost is actually beneficial because it makes you think wether or not a Zap really is worth it or not.

Gregory A.
Industry: Defense & Space

Powerful, intuitive platform that returns your valuable time by automating tasks

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Overall, we've had a great experience with Zapier. As a small company, any time saved by automating manual tasks is incredibly valuable, and Zapier has saved us hours upon hours of time by automatically moving new files from one location to another, automatically updating spreadsheets upon form submissions, automatically tweeting something following a new blog post, and lots more. I've personally used Zapier for almost 6 years now and I've found it to be incredibly valuable.

Pros

Zapier's two most powerful attributes are the platform's ease of use, combined with the number of products & services they've integrated. Zapier's workflow for creating "zaps" (automations) is incredibly intuitive; you start with the "trigger" step, then end with the "action" step. Given the number of services that they've integrated with, the possible combinations are almost endless. We've used Zapier to automate a number of tasks & workflows at our organization, and it's saved us a tremendous amount of time.

Cons

Zapier's mission to integrate as many different services as possible has added a tremendous amount of value to their offering, however a side effect of this strategy is that occasionally, some of their integrations can be rather shallow. In other words, for products and services that aren't used by a significantly large number of users, Zapier might only offer 3 "trigger" options out of a possible 5, which can be very problematic if you need one of those missing two triggers in order to start your workflow.

Dustin w. S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

The most comprehensive automation tool

Reviewed on 2019/10/21

The overall experience is good. Although overwhelming, and sometimes time-consuming to figure out how to get exactly what I need, Zapier does what it promises. The support team has also been great as well each time I've needed their help.

Pros

The amount of options that Zapier has for integrations is astounding. The possibilities really are endless as far as tying multiple apps/services together to perform automated tasks regularly. Their interface also makes it relatively easy to put together the automations so that it's not rocket science.

Cons

Its greatest strength is also its greatest weakness in that because there are so many options, it's overwhelming. There are so many things you can do with the integrations that I have often felt like I am not getting nearly as much out of it as I could be. I found myself relying on reading their blog and suggested zaps to see if I get any ideas. Ultimately I'm left with a feeling of "I don't know how to get the most out of this service."

Roland D.
Industry: Consumer Services

The gluing agent of automation throughout my whole business.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Hours saved on productivity weekly. Allows automation of most simple tasks and if you have a notification system set up in Slack then it allows you constantly keep track of the heartbeat of your business. Simply awesome.

Pros

Where do I even start. Using Zapier feels like building lego as a kid, only this time it's for productivity reasons and the more you understand it, the crazier you can get. When I select a new software to integrate into the business, having Zapier is a key requirement due to our reliance on it.

Some of the things I've automated:
- Contractor applications (Google Forms, Trello, Slack)
- Daily task cards (Launch27, Trello, Slack, Google Sheets)
- Text Messaging (Slack, Trello)
- Many more

Its important when trying to automate business processes that its providing value, and you're not doing it "for the sake of it". Automate to the point where there are no outlier possibilities then have manual intervention from there until a more robust automation method can push it further.

Zapier has been amazing, is intuitive and has saved us hours and hours per week.

Cons

Can be a little finicky in set up, however I realize this may be an issue with the 3rd party's API rather than Zapier itself. Once it's set up it usually works fine and alerts you if there are any errors.

Overall, no real complaints and documentation is usually pretty good (with some google searching of course)

Betty M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Zapier

Reviewed on 2020/08/23

This software is a life saver! Without it, one has to manually update something and that is a time waster I cannot afford. Things that normally require extra man power to do are done in less time just by Zapier everyday. It is a must have for any business whether big or small.

Pros

Zapier allows me to set up the system in no time, it is easy and simple to use for a non techie person. It does a wonderful job, creating a system that should normally take DAYS to create them within a few minutes. Zapier does a lot of powerful work sending data everywhere I want it to go easily that I would spend more in time or money than I could afford employing people to do it manually. Almost all the software I make use of that allows any external connectivity is supported by Zapier.

Cons

I wish it could pay per the number of functions I use, I only use Zapier for a small number function now, and I am paying for much more services than I need. It also can be frustrating not to be able to use the new Paths feature on a Basic account, I don't like paying extra for just that feature. It sometimes take more work to get your way around setting up the Zapier connection. At times, I have used a Zap and realized it wasn't what I wanted, so I go back and look for another Zaps that work for me.

Jorge L.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Automation without programming knowledge

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

As a lot of companies today, we rely on different cloud services for the everyday operations and Zapier is the glue that sticks them all together. Without Zapier we would spend an alarming amout of time doing manual work that now is delegated to a robot that we pay monthly.

Pros

I wish i could give Zapier more than 5 stars in the "Ease of use" category, as it is incredibly easy for anyone to setup the communication between 2 cloud services. On top of that, there are plenty of options to choose from as they support ALL the big names and a lot of small ones.

Cons

The pricing scheme could be better. The gap between the professional and the team tears is rough, and the team tear has unlimited users which is one of the best features.

Aaron K.
Industry: Computer Software

Great tool for automating workflows between systems.

Reviewed on 2017/09/12

Time spent sharing data from one system to another. It also makes it easy for us to aggregate data into a central location, making reporting more accessible to individuals who don't have access to all of our systems company wide.

It has also helped us save time when managing tasks that need to be done, so that information stays up-to-date across multiple platforms.

Pros

I love how easy it is to create a Zap. I can move data from one system to another and all of the work is done on the back end. This has allowed our teams to collaborate more efficiently, as well as turn data into a visual process. For example, some form entries are turned into cards on Trello where we can visually track the progress to completion for specific tasks.

Zapier provides lots of pre-built Zaps, and it is fairly straight forward to create Zaps for almost any system a company would use. This tool has saved me and my team a LOT of time.

Cons

Sometimes it can take a while to map out the fields from one system to another. You have to select which column header to use in a Google doc when you are having a Zap dump data into a Google Worksheet. That drop down list can get quite unwieldy, especially because the full length of the column header won't show up in Zapier. Also, if the column headers were alphabetized it would be easier to find the header you are looking for or aligned in the same order as the worksheet I am syncing them over to.