Zapier Reviews

Zapier

Integration platform to connect web apps

4.7/5 (1287 reviews)
Ashley F.

Best thing to ever happen to a small business!

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Amazing. I can't imagine life and work without using this software to automate our tasks. There is never a question now as to whether certain tasks got completed.

Pros

My company has a very specific set of tasks to perform daily. With Zapier, we've been able to automate 70% of our daily repetitive tasks. It takes a little getting used to how they set their tasks up, but once you have it figured out, there's almost no limit to what Zapier can accomplish for you. We have been able to send hundreds of thousands of emails automatically without lifting a finger. When the system runs into an issue, it alerts us immediately so we can take action. We would not be where we are today without the functionality and ease-of-use of Zapier. When I have any issues I can't solve, the Zapier team is standing by to help me via person emails to solve the problem correctly the first time without making me feel incompetent. This system has saved us from having to hire an entire IT department. More so, when I DID hire an IT group to help me originally set up, guess what they used? ZAPIER!

Cons

The only thing I dislike about Zapier is the initial learning curve in how it works and needs to flow. After that, it's quite easy. I also wish they would save fields when changing tasks- for instance I have a task that needs to run on a trigger and feed into a database, but each month, the database needs to go to a new tab. Even though I change the tab in the task on zapier, I have to re-enter all other data because zapier erases it. Solve that, and this would be a perfect software for me.

The BEST tool out there for automation & sending data ... wherever! :)

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

For data-driven businesses who use a large number of SaaS products .. or any software with an API really...which is... I would hope all of them... ;) , Zapier is an absolute no-brainer. Never again (when selecting new software to purchase) do we have to worry "Oh, well it doesn't integrate with {{insertOtherSoftwareHere}}, so we can't use it until their dev teams builds it for us". You have full control over what data goes where, how it should be formatted, and all the tools you need to test & optimize that "data transport" over time. Further, the automation possibilities are nearly endless.

Want to kick-off an email whenever someone completes a training-video on your site? (without having to rely on client-side javascript tagging): easy with zapier.

Want to test out a new e-commerce solution, but don't want to deal with having two sources of product-fulfillment? easy, just send the order data to your existing ecom platform with zapier, and centralize all the fulfillment there.

the possibilities are infinite, it just comes down to having at least one person who is savvy with either Javascript (Node.js) or Python if you want to do more "custom" things beyond the built-in apps (which ... is still a lot).

Can't recommend enough.

Pros

1. highly flexible & customizable: if they don't have a pre-built integration with a tool you use, you can easily build your own using their built-in webhook, webhook listeners, and "code" blocks. does require a bit of coding experience, but once you or your team build a few things / experiment & figure it out.. it's an absolute game-changer.

2. you'll think "what would i do without this?" ... that's the hallmark of a great software, and Zapier is without a doubt one of the top 3 most important tools for our business. if you want to be data-driven, the first step is getting the right data to the right places. Zapier enables you to do that EASILY.

3. reliable. i've only had about 2 - 3 "outages" in my zaps since i started using the tool, and they were all due to edge-cases that my custom-code steps didn't handle properly. Zapier gives you a nice debugging / testing interface and allows you to search back through every single "zap" that your account has sent over time... and step through them to sort out what the issue might be.

Cons

1. pulling in "test data" when building zaps - this is one thing that really annoys me... when you're creating a new Zap, and Zapier is "testing the step" that you just set up, it only pulls the most recent "event" that matches what you're doing. Now, this is OK in most cases, but if you have a zap that needs to handle a few different situations "conditionally" ... then it stinks. for example, say you want to build a zap that sends your sales team an email every-time a Stripe charge of over is processed. Well, if the most recent charge in Stripe (or the most recent 3 or 4, etc.) are all lower than, then your test will fail. That's a very contrived example, but ideally, Zapier would allow you to search through past events for the app that you're trying to "zap from", and CHOOSE the appropriate test event.

Minor gripe mainly will only impact those who want to build more complex/complicated zaps.

Stefany B.

Point and Click Automation

Reviewed on 2017/09/22

Decrease in errors from inside and outside of the company on paperwork
Increased productivity due to faster dissemination of vital information.
Lower cost to operate. Fewer humans needed to handle the office.

Pros

There are almost too may pros to mention. Office automation in my number one requirement and Zapier makes it easy and fast. All of my software can now "talk" to each other to handle tedious and time consuming tasks.
Contractors, clients and employees can enter data into front-end forms and everyone gets the right PDF for their needs on the other end. I am still finding new uses as my company grows.

The mail parser offered by Zapier is magical! You choose the information you want pulled from email list and the data is added to your database or any app you have connected. The daily and weekly update emails are scraped for the important parts, all the data is extracted to the apps that are most valuable for the company. As this data is time sensitive, not having to wait for a human to do it keeps us ahead of the curve.

The multi-step addition was right on time. Now I can move data to a number of apps in seconds.
Overall, Zapier has made it easier for my agents to follow the rules. Paperwork is submitted digitally, leads are disseminated automatically saving time between the client calling and getting a return call.

Zapier just saves time and keeps errors to a minimum. If you are control freak like myself, you NEED Zapier.

Cons

Some of the multi step process are not intuitive to create. Support is very helpful but I feel there might need a small interface update that could make it easier to understand.

Jamie W.

Zapier adds value to all of my other software by putting the polish on all of my web-based systems

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

We use several SAAS solutions in our day-to-day operations. Zapier is the glue that holds it all together. The automation that we've been able to implement through Zapier is what gives the impression of a slick, unified system. It has allowed us to continue improving by using the best features from a wide array of software to build a customized system that works the way we want it to without having to enlist our own team of developers.

I used to run into roadblocks with software and think, "Gee, I wish I could just..." With Zapier, I actually can.

Pros

Zapier is exceptionally easy to use. I started by playing around with a few of the hundreds of suggested Zaps, but it didn't take long to get the gist and start building from scratch.

I use Zapier to send automated emails triggered by software that either doesn't offer that option natively or doesn't give me as much customization as I want. The result has been increased communication coming out of my office with far less time commitment to make it happen. With budgets what they are these days, I'm constantly being asked to do more with less. Zapier has made that possible.

Another unexpected plus is that I've discovered other great software through Zapier.

I've got a favorite relational database. I've got a favorite web form. I've got a favorite workflow system when I need input from others. Zapier has allowed me to tie all of those together without having to compromise so I can take advantage of the best features of all of them. Because I don't have to intervene manually, there's no duplicate data entry so errors are minimized as well.

Zapier saves me time every day.

Cons

Multi-step Zaps are great, but conditional Zaps would help me stay more organized. Right now, Zapier doesn't offer that so I end up with three separate Zaps that each have a unique filter, rather than one conditional Zap that can route to different steps based on variable input.

So far, I've always been able to find a work around. It's like having a 2000-piece Lego set, but not having the exact piece you want. You can still build your house, and it will be amazing, but it would have saved you a few steps if you just had that one more piece.

Kayona B.

Best way to make the connection

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Overall, Zapier is just a life and time saver! Software companies are popping up every day, often with no regard to how a customer may specifically need it to work with another software. Without Zapier, some functions may need manual attention that very small businesses simply cannot afford to spend the time to give.

Zapier is a must have for any business, big or small.

Pros

With so much technology being created to make our lives easier, speedbumps can occur when these applications can't seamlessly communicate with each other. Here's where Zapier comes in. This might be the single most important element of my business flow. Zapier is the liaison for all of apps and software, enabling them to talk and connect with each other in ways that, perhaps, they didn't intend.

For example, in my business, we offer a booklet that customers can purchase with add-ons. We do not print the books ourselves; we use a print-on-demand service, so we need the orders sent to that company when they come in. The print company can't connect to our order form, and who has the time to send orders that may come in round the clock, one by one to a fulfillment plant?

Zapier enables us to connect our order form to Gmail so that when the orders come in, an email of the order specifications are automatically sent to the fulfillment company where they can print the book and ship it to our customer.

See? Zapier make life so much easier!

Cons

Although it's fairly user-friendly, setting up a "Zap" (a connection from one software to another, or many others) takes lots of tests with lots of trial and error. This is not necessarily a "con", as most things require tests and are not just "plug-and-play." But I'd advise anyone, especially newcomers to this great software, to count on spending some time to get it right, because it will require quite some time to perfect.

Gregory A.

Powerful, intuitive platform that returns your valuable time by automating tasks

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Overall, we've had a great experience with Zapier. As a small company, any time saved by automating manual tasks is incredibly valuable, and Zapier has saved us hours upon hours of time by automatically moving new files from one location to another, automatically updating spreadsheets upon form submissions, automatically tweeting something following a new blog post, and lots more. I've personally used Zapier for almost 6 years now and I've found it to be incredibly valuable.

Pros

Zapier's two most powerful attributes are the platform's ease of use, combined with the number of products & services they've integrated. Zapier's workflow for creating "zaps" (automations) is incredibly intuitive; you start with the "trigger" step, then end with the "action" step. Given the number of services that they've integrated with, the possible combinations are almost endless. We've used Zapier to automate a number of tasks & workflows at our organization, and it's saved us a tremendous amount of time.

Cons

Zapier's mission to integrate as many different services as possible has added a tremendous amount of value to their offering, however a side effect of this strategy is that occasionally, some of their integrations can be rather shallow. In other words, for products and services that aren't used by a significantly large number of users, Zapier might only offer 3 "trigger" options out of a possible 5, which can be very problematic if you need one of those missing two triggers in order to start your workflow.

Roland D.

The gluing agent of automation throughout my whole business.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Hours saved on productivity weekly. Allows automation of most simple tasks and if you have a notification system set up in Slack then it allows you constantly keep track of the heartbeat of your business. Simply awesome.

Pros

Where do I even start. Using Zapier feels like building lego as a kid, only this time it's for productivity reasons and the more you understand it, the crazier you can get. When I select a new software to integrate into the business, having Zapier is a key requirement due to our reliance on it.

Some of the things I've automated:
- Contractor applications (Google Forms, Trello, Slack)
- Daily task cards (Launch27, Trello, Slack, Google Sheets)
- Text Messaging (Slack, Trello)
- Many more

Its important when trying to automate business processes that its providing value, and you're not doing it "for the sake of it". Automate to the point where there are no outlier possibilities then have manual intervention from there until a more robust automation method can push it further.

Zapier has been amazing, is intuitive and has saved us hours and hours per week.

Cons

Can be a little finicky in set up, however I realize this may be an issue with the 3rd party's API rather than Zapier itself. Once it's set up it usually works fine and alerts you if there are any errors.

Overall, no real complaints and documentation is usually pretty good (with some google searching of course)

Aaron K.

Great tool for automating workflows between systems.

Reviewed on 2017/09/12

Time spent sharing data from one system to another. It also makes it easy for us to aggregate data into a central location, making reporting more accessible to individuals who don't have access to all of our systems company wide.

It has also helped us save time when managing tasks that need to be done, so that information stays up-to-date across multiple platforms.

Pros

I love how easy it is to create a Zap. I can move data from one system to another and all of the work is done on the back end. This has allowed our teams to collaborate more efficiently, as well as turn data into a visual process. For example, some form entries are turned into cards on Trello where we can visually track the progress to completion for specific tasks.

Zapier provides lots of pre-built Zaps, and it is fairly straight forward to create Zaps for almost any system a company would use. This tool has saved me and my team a LOT of time.

Cons

Sometimes it can take a while to map out the fields from one system to another. You have to select which column header to use in a Google doc when you are having a Zap dump data into a Google Worksheet. That drop down list can get quite unwieldy, especially because the full length of the column header won't show up in Zapier. Also, if the column headers were alphabetized it would be easier to find the header you are looking for or aligned in the same order as the worksheet I am syncing them over to.

Matt V.

Internet Wizardry Age????

Reviewed on 2016/10/03

If you haven't found or heard about Zapier, then you need to stop reading this and google it right away. Zapier is a Software As A Service (SAAS) company that connects other SAAS systems together. You create recipes for what should happen when a certain event occurs.

For example; say you've got a mailing list through Mail Chimp and you want to create a way for emails to automatically send when someone adds a new row to a Google Sheet. Zapier is the magic that makes this happen. You create a Zap that watches for new rows in your Google Sheet; when Zapier detects a new row it gathers the data from that row and channels it to Mail Chip... where it populates the email you want and sends it off to the mailing list you've designated.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg!!! Imagine this.

Say someone is adding a new customer to the customer list table through webform (or even through a customized mobile app through AppSheet), the following is completely possible:

1. A new row with the customers information is created in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) table;
2. A new row in the shipping/delivery tracking table is created (of course with the customers relevant information);
3. An email is sent to the Sales Manager alerting him to the new customer;
and so much more is possible.

Zapier has the potential to automate much of what someone would need to spend 30 minutes doing. And setting up the Zap to make all this happen... maybe take you 30 minutes in the first place.... then everything is done for you.

Zapier is one of the best SAAS companies out there. They've taken all the disparate online software available and created a way to allow them all to talk to each other and share data. If you're looking for a way to seriously cut down on administrative tasks/time, Zapier is the way to go.

Pros

The simplicity of use! If you were to consider exactly what Zapier is doing for you... creating a system to do just that would take DAYS to create!!! Zapier allows you to create that system in under and hour (depending on the level of complexity you wish to get into).

Cons

I've yet to come across a con really....

Stephen W.

Zapier - Taking the extra steps out of extra steps.

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Zapier has been a great product to use. The "Zaps" you can setup reply help save time. Right now I use it to automate our workflow for incoming marketing requests. Requests come in through a Google Form that synched the data input into a Google sheet form. Zapier takes all new data rows and parses them into an approval request e-mail, Trello board item, and a current project doc Google Sheet.

Pros

Zapier added extra functionality to existing software and apps we were already onboarded with and saved us time by streamlining our workflow.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve between setting up automation and testing it, in some cases it's difficult to determine where the error is.

Nic M.

Straight-forward Automation for Any App

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Overall, I am pleased with the functionality of Zapier and will continue to use it to automate a majority of tasks. It's a robust platform that saves time and maximizes the functionality of your software.

Pros

In my opinion, Zapier is the best web-based provider of API automation and featured a huge library of existing connections. Because of this library, if you want two services to connect, you probably can with Zapier. Building connections with Zapier is also a breeze and are done so in a visually intuitive manner that makes working with an app's API easy for virtually anyone.

Cons

There are a few items on my Zapier wishlist. First, I wish that users had the ability to select the type of test data available when developing a zap. Some workflows call for conditional filtering and it's not always possible to test those filters using the test data Zapier makes available. Second and last, there have been a few scenarios where Zapier hasn't been able to parse data as I need it to. In these cases, I've had to resort to using Microsoft Flow which offers some advanced features that Zapier does not, albeit at the cost of a smaller integration library.

Gonzalo B.

Automation superhero, from the mundane to the awesome

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Overall Zapier has brought the fun back, and the mundane and repetitive tasks like email parsing and automation tasks like simply putting a list of event attendees in a Spreadsheet are now effortless and at my fingertips. By using Zapier I have reduced the number of hours needed on the administrative side that every digital agency has to take care and also the number of people needed to fulfill the tasks (and their mistakes).

Pros

If you are developing an app that consumes an API Zapier opens the way to any possible integration out there. No more "I like this software but won't integrate with what we already have". With Zapier you can be going in a finger snap, moreover, you can develop your own integration if they don't have the one you need.

With a webhook, a webhook listener and custom code (you will find it easy if you are Node.js-savvy) you can build any possible integration if your needs are not covered by the myriad of the already existing ones. Zapier has brought the fun back into my work, my apps can talk to each other without any data inconsistency.

Zapier is a must if you really want to go data-driven or if you want to save countless hours automating your office paperwork, their email parser is just awesome. Get the most important information from your list and store, process and send the data to any of your favorite apps. Unexpectedly I have found many great apps by searching their integration lists. I found that the Zapier-ready apps are way above the standards on their niche.

Cons

Sometimes the integrations are really shallow, the Triggers and Actions are often really limited. It's a bit annoying when you find an already existing connection like the one you need but you don't have the trigger or action needed.

Another annoyance is the Test data pulled by Zapier, often Zapier pulls the most recent information and in cases that data can be useless due to an error on your side, you will want another batch of data or ordered differently but that is not always possible.

Everyone should be using this

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

Zapier is amazing. I would recommend this to just about anyone as it is so robust. I can have it do just about anything for me. The simplification of tasks that are so monotonous is incredible. It's one of those convenience factors that you don't need yet couldn't imagine living without.

Pros

I came across this after using Clickfunnels as it is one of the suggested automation, and my only regret is that I haven't been using this for years. The ability to automate almost anything under the sun is invaluable. Being able to get notifications on a personal slack channel every time someone takes a specific action on one of my landing pages, every time an ad converts, every time my email service gets a new subscriber is amazing. This is how the internet is supposed to work. I can automate to Gmail send me an email every time a form is filled out in Clickfunnels, something I had to check numerous times previously has been a lifesaver. These are jsut a few examples, the possibilities are nearly endless given the amount of apps supported, I guarantee there is something included that will make your life easier.

Cons

No real cons to speak of. The only thing I might suggest is making it more user-friendly when starting out figuring out how to create custom zaps (automation) I remember this seemed a little counterintuitive. However, this is a non issue given how valuable this is. It is a wonder this hasn't been done before.

With Zaps, seemingly everything is possible! Efficiency and automation at its finest.

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Pros

As a small business owner (and sole employee/operator), any time I can be more efficient and automate tasks to improve the customer experience, I am all ears. I've found Zapier to be a great solution for a reasonable price to give a nice touch of customer service to my new customers and manage tasks automatically for me to save me time and make me much more efficient. For example, when a new customer schedules an appointment with me, I can have my scheduling platform talk to Gmail and send my new customer an instant automatic welcome email, complete with the scheduling details and paperwork necessary to get started. This is a great way to add a touch of customer service and care to the new relationship. I can also then automatically send that customer information to Mailchimp, and now they are on my mailing list, which I can then use for marketing in the future. Zapier sure makes life a lot easier, simply because you can leverage the best of non-related apps and get them to work together for you.

Cons

The price point for the lowest paid subscription doesn't break the bank, but it's kind of a step to take once you start taking off and exceed your quota of free "Zaps."

Timothy F.

Automates literally everything!

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

Absolutely love this product, as does everyone else I know. It’s the perfect solution to automate all your tasks in a high volume business. Also think it’s a rock solid company, great customer service.

Pros

Easy to use for someone not overly technical. Clean UX/ simple/ intuitive/ no bugs/ perfect to handle all my mission critical tasks/ no lag/ rock solid automation tool.

Cons

Additional charge for zaps over a certain monthly limit is a bit annoying for a highly seasonal business. Understood from a commercial perspective why you do this, but I’m miles under the limit for 90% of the year, but then blow through the limit in our two peak months.

Steve P.

Maybe the most important cloud software tool on the web

Reviewed on 2018/04/21

Pros

The most amazing part about Zapier is that you can (almost) make any technology stack your own. No more is anyone stuck in one bloated and overpriced marketing tool. Nor do we need to plan out an entire business before getting started. If it links with Zapier, you can probably link everything together at some point. Zapier has literally saved hundreds of hours and I am a very modest user with a small handful of Zaps.

Cons

The downside sometimes is the lack of push-pull syncing, i.e. data is triggered and passed in one direction. It'd be great in future to be able to also set up a couple of core apps to sync data between them, for example, keeping a mailing list and CRM in sync with each other. The user interface can also be a pain to try and find out what's possible. It gives you 'recipes' for zaps based on tools you select, but it would be much more intuitive to just be able to select your tools from the dashboard and look at the zap options right from the start, without having to start creating to the Zap to see what can be done.

Ben M.

Even with somewhat steep pricing, Zapier provides incredible value and usefulness.

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

We're automating much of our infrastructure with Zapier. Without it, we'd need a bunch of custom cloud servers running to connect all of our APIs together.

Pros

Connects just about anything to just about anything else. Nearly every piece of software we use that allows some sort of external connectivity is supported in some way by Zapier. We're doing things that would have required hours, days, or weeks of implementation time, and we're doing them within a few minutes thanks to Zapier.

Cons

Many of the integrations are a bit too limited or seem to be built in ways that require more zaps than I would prefer. For example, many integrations with project-based services (For example, GitHub or BugHerd) work on a single project, meaning you need to maintain zaps for all active projects. Some triggers that would be really useful are seemingly missing, requiring workarounds or extra integrations with even more services. Zapier's Email Parser is a great service, but isn't very accurate in my experience, though there are other services which perform the same functionality and integrate with Zapier.

Jonathan K.

Absolutely LOVE Zapier

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

We have an old cart that doesn't have an API integration. So we send our order notifications to mailParser and then use Zapier to connect MailParser to Infusionsoft. I have no idea how we would be getting this data in there otherwise. So. Helpful.

Pros

Overall, it's greatest strength is the level of support you get from their team. Every time I have a question, they respond with helpful tutorials, suggestions, advice for ways to make things better, and they help to simplify the complexity of what's possible. I love that everything is possible and that any system can be made to talk with any other system.

Cons

I think one of the things I struggle with about Zapier is that everything (literally everything) is possible through their connections. This means that I can do anything I can dream up. I think maybe sometime I'd like to have someone just build out a forest view of what kinds of things other people do with Zapier, so that I can let my mind roam and see what all I think up to do.

Jaron H.

Can be confusing, but it's incredibly powerful.

Reviewed on 2019/04/21

Pros

I love how this software can create and trigger events between different software applications. I have this set up to automate a handful of processes in my business. One might think that only large businesses can afford to creat automation within their organization, but Zapier is making so that the average person can set this up in their own operations. There is so much more I want to learn to do with Zapier. It's nice to be able to set something up once, and then it continues to work for me with little or no maintenance after.

Cons

The thing I don't like about this software is that it's giving me serious FOMO about things that I know I could be doing with Zaper if I only knew how to use it better. I can see that Zaper has a lot of options and additional ways that I can help my currrent business operations, but it's kind of tough to get things set up the first time. Also, I will find that I spend a lot of time setting something up, and then I forget how I did it. If I ever need to go back and make edits, then I have forgotten the steps that I took at the beginning to set it up. It causes me to have to learn from the beginning about how I originally set this up.

Josh J.

Zapier makes my organization run! Automation heaven!!!

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

Pros

Zapier has become the standard for connecting one piece of software to another, as it allows users to quickly and painlessly integrate hundreds of hundreds of APIs. Doing so allows non-developers to create advanced automations and integrations between just about anything. With a little creativity, you can accomplish some really awesome stuff. For my organization, Zapier has saved us thousands of dollars on upgrades for existing or new software because our ability to quickly develop work arounds with Zapier.

Cons

While Zapier is amazing - it does have some real limitations and will never be a replacement for enterprise level software that needs full access to APIs. You are at the mercy of the triggers and actions available to you - and up until recently, complex conditional logic wasn't possible. Their path solutions is helpful, but clunky and difficult to you, particular if you are a developer who just wants to quick say if this then that and are accustomed to doing so in a couple of lines of code.

Jayme A.

The EASIEST Way To Automate

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

I have been using zapier for about 3 years to automate my own business as well as my client's. It helps me connect all the programs that I want to work with each-other without having to worry about whether or not it has a native integration. Their customer support is the best around and I love that they are always pushing to do more. New options and integrations come out all the time!

Pros

I use zapier literally every day to connect the different pieces of my business together. The best part of it is that it works with most of the major programs that you use day to day in your business, and most of those connections are FREE! If there is a way to make your day easier or more quick, zapier probably can make it happen. It is so easy to use and walks you right though the process of setting it up every time. I like to just go in and see what is possible sometimes with the different applications that I use because you never know what you could be automating!

Cons

At a larger business level zapier can get a little expensive, but honestly it is worth it.

Paul W.

Automation for humans

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

We use Zapier to automate several processes and hand off tasks between users. Within Slack I use the integration to add starred message as tasks in Todoist - this allows me to quickly and easily flag messages/questions as tasks when I am off the clock and have a reminder to follow up when I'm back at work without needing to re-read the prior evening's messages. We also use it to push scheduled events between calendaring platforms - currently we are an Office365 organization, but some systems we use need to link to Google calendars. Through Zapier I have it push any events created in Outlook/Office 365 over to Google. It is only one way, but that is enough for our needs and avoids human error/oversight in keeping two calendar systems in sync.

Pros

I like that Zapier gives you a decent level of control (not too many variables or too few options), and integrates easily and most importantly reliably with the other systems and platforms that I use.

Cons

I don't have any complaints really, it can take a few more clicks to set something up than what is possible using IFTTT but the more granular control and overall reliability more than make up for that.

Justin N.

Automate in a ZAP

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

I have 2 pieces of software that I LOVE but don't integrate with many third-party apps. However they do integrate with Zapier and Webhooks (which Zapier can work with).

Instead of waiting for the apps to open themselves up, I can use Zapier to send data to the programs that need it, all without having to tinker with it every day. I set it up once and it runs for me.

Pros

Zapier gives you a way to make all your software work together in harmony.

- Instead of waiting for apps to support third parties on their own, Zapier can take their input and send it to another party for you.
- If you're building the app yourself, instead of support apps, you can integrate with Zapier to open your software to all kinds of integrations on minimal effort for you
- Zapier has a large list of apps it integrates with. Need your marketing software to talk to your accounting software? It can do that for you.
- Setup is pretty easy. You select your apps and processes in stages, testing along the way. So when you're done setting up the "zap" you know it will work.
- It just works. But even if it misses a "zap" it will even tell you! So you can go in and fix it right away.

Cons

Zapier can get expensive when you start using it more. You can start with some free zaps, but as you grow so do your needs, which can add up if you're a solopreneur or a small team.

Jonathan T.

Digital Duct Tape for All Your Different Services

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

I can easily move my data around from service to service and make everything play nice together. Me likey. :)

Pros

It. Connects. Anything. To. Anything. Else.

Wish your new email subscribers could be pushed to your CRM? Zap it. Wish you could get a text when someone buys your product? Zap it. Need pretty much any information from one of your online services to get on over to another one? Zap it.

Zapier acts as the intermediary between nearly everything online. Apps and services figure write an integration for Zapier, and they can (via Zapier) integrate with over 700 apps and services. It's AWESOME.

Cons

Mult-step zaps require an automatic upgrade to a paid account. I get that. I wish maybe there was a volume-based jump into paid, but I can understand their position. The other biggest downside is that some apps and services' integrations are better than others, so the granularity of your data and what you can do with it will vary based on the apps your connecting. This isn't really Zapier's fault (other than maybe requiring more from apps that want to connect to it) but moreso the fault of the app that didn't make their Zapier integration very hardy.

Patricia S.

Nothing is impossible now

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Zapier not only solves my business problems by helping me and my team connect databases, automate email lists, and interface with our different project management softwares - but there is unlimited potential to make my personal life easier and more efficient as well. All I need is more time to think through creative application of this incredibly versatile platform.

Pros

With Zapier, all the things you wish you could do in the digital space are now possible. The whole world is your oyster! Connect a database to an email list to automate event registration? Check. Trigger an automatic saving of documents emailed to me. No problem! Make all my various note-taking apps talk to each other so I don't frustrate myself searching for a note that doesn't exist where I'm looking. Thank goodness. The only limit to your usage of Zapier is your own creative imagination. It truly is the glue of the Internet. All you need to do is figure out how to use it well to solve your most common digital problems.

Cons

The sky's the limit when it comes to Zapier- and for some, that is the problem. You've gotten so used to inefficient manual processes it seems too good to be true that there is a better way right at your fingertips. First, you have detox from the assumption that xyz is not possible. That's the first thing that is holding you back. Then you need a limited amount of technical skill to set up the zap (click here, then click there) and you're done! There's no cons in my book. (Except not knowing how to correctly pronounce the name of the software. Is it zay-pea-air or zaaa-pea-air??)