ecomdash

Multichannel inventory & sales order management web software

Paul M.
  • Industry: Machinery

TOO MANY CHANGES!

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

We loved it when it first came out. Now it is becoming a burden with all the big changes and bugs introduced at each change. Also, some of the changes seem to make no sense, such as when you view your products, you select All Products from the dropdown.. But Wait! you are not looking at ALL products. You have to select Show All to see ALL products.

The interface used to be a lot cleaner and intuitive but now is a jumbled up mess. You can't do all things to a product from one place any more. You have to jump around too much.

And no phone support! You would think that a company owned by Constant Contact would at least have SOME phone support. Chat and email takes far too long and too many sessions to fix problems.

If I can find a reasonable alternative, we may have to leave.

Pros

The fact that it integrates much of what a small multichannel business needs.

Cons

When we first started with Ecomdash almost 10 years ago, they were just getting started. They were eager to hear from users and were very responsive to problems. As time went on, more problems seemed to show up and "features" that made working with it more difficult started showing up. Now, seems like every "update" comes with a major bug that takes multiple chat sessions to resolve. Also, it seems that no one working there has ever actually started and run a small business based on some of the decisions they made. For example, they can't see the need for a "Paid" invoice to send our commercial customers!

Response from ecomdash

Dear Paul,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry to hear such a long-term customer having this frustrating experience, but really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. We've sent your feedback to our product development team.

Someone from our customer success team will be contacting you shortly to learn more about your experience and to discuss the various changes we've made. We'd love to make things right if you give us another chance.

Thanks,
Ecomdash

Shaun H.

False Claims On Features Provided

Reviewed on 2021/03/12

Frustrating, after 6 months of being told change different setting and being passed around customer service representatives we were told the features we signed up for could not actually be provided.

Pros

None, I regret that we have put in the time that we have to try to get this software to perform as advertised.

Cons

The features listed on their website are misleading and can not be provided as outlined. Customer service is nothing short of terrible when help is needed the most.

Response from ecomdash

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're sorry to hear that the app didn't meet your expectations and apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced.

Someone from our team will be contacting you shortly to learn more about these issues. We'd love to make things right if you give us another chance.

Linda C.

ecomdash Review

Reviewed on 2020/06/26

We have a great shipping time frame due to using EComdash. Usually we ship the same day due to the interaction between market place systems.

Pros

The syncing with the marketplace is awesome. The search of our product is easily done

Cons

The filters need reset each time the screen is refreshed within the creating of the Purchase Order system.
IE: Monthly sales filters.

Response from ecomdash

Hi Linda,

Thanks so much for the feedback. We work hard to ensure our customers are able to seamlessly sell their products on many sales channels, so our team will be happy to hear you're having great experience.

I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to our team as they continue to work on ways to improve the product.

Thanks again and we look forward to helping you grow your ecommerce business.

Stuart C.

Great Program with Definite Limitations

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

First of all, Ecomdash is the absolute best value out there if you sell on the marketplaces they cover. And I have evaluated 6-7 platforms in depth. That being said, it has some real shortcomings.
The Pros: Great Customer support, easy to use, efficient and logical back-end, clean user interface and it works without glitches.
Documentation is thorough and well-written.
If you are good with spreadsheets, ECD offers excellent capabilities to upload and download information. Really superior to all others in its range.
If you sell on Amazon, ebay and a website, ECD will work great and the price can't be beat. Go for it!

Cons: Useless reporting: you will have to get your facts and figures somewhere else, or link many many spreadsheets together. It's like a black box for sales information. They have about 40 different very narrowly-focused reports which are not flexible enough to answer more than one small question at a time, so you will have to download a million of them. They do offer to create custom reports, and that could help. Does not track Amazon FBA returns, last I checked, so if you're return rate is above 2-3%, you're just not going to be able to accurately track your sales through ECD.

Listing doesn't really work. Can't create ASINS in Amazon, so if you have brand-registry, forget it. Does not list variants to BigCommerce, last time I checked, and did not list variants in general, so if you deal in different sizes and colors, the listing facility may as well not exist. NOTE: Limited/Phony Listing capabilities is the norm for ALL programs that cost less than about $/yr upwards. But you need to ask the questions and not go in believing the bullet points on the landing page, then you can fit Ecomdash realistically into your workflow. The devil is in the details.
I tuned out after a few broken promises about integrations and updates, so they may have fixed some of these issues, but you MUST ask specific questions.

We switched to Linnworks, which has some of the same issues, because we needed a more European focus and because of the utter inadequacy of the ECD reporting module. All in all, though, Ecomdash is an excellent program and company in a very muddled field. Recommended.

Pros

See above

Cons

See above

Rob N.

So close to being awesome

Reviewed on 2017/10/06

Look, if you understand what marketplaces need to have listings post and all you need is basic inventory control, this is a 5 star product. I hover between 3 and 4 stars because there are glitches involved in the listing creation process and when you ask support for something, they take forever and repeatedly ask questions you have already answered.

Inventory control and ease of use in that respect - A+ valude for your money
Listing creation- eBay- B-, Shopify- A, Walmart- C+, Amazon (us, uk, ca)- D (not an F because if an ASIN exists, it will post your listing but if you are creating a new ASIN, you can not use ecomdash)

While support is courteous, the response for legitimate questions takes a long time and often yields inaccurate results. In English, you ask a question and wait up to 2 weeks for an answer which may or may not help. To use ecomdash, you need to have a bit of a puzzle solving brain or a level of patience that surpasses Gandhi.

Having said all of this, while I am critical of many things, I can honestly say I do not regret switching to them. I have paid a lot more for far less functionality from other services such as Solid Commerce and Zentail. You get what you pay for here, so if you have a solid understanding of how your sales channels work, you can save good money with this service. If you are new, you won't like it.

Despite the fact I rate customer support as poor, I am happy with my decision to use ecomdash. I save thousands of dollars a year and have learned many things (by being forced to haha) and in the long run this is the best solution for my needs.

Pros

Easy to handle sku differences across selling channels
Excellent organization of inventory
Purchase Orders are easy to make
Best value for the money

Cons

Support is deplorable when you have an issue - Issues can take weeks to be answered and sometimes are still not answered properly - Not yet capable of posting new products to Amazon (You have to upload yourself and then download inventory into ecomdash) - Tedious creation of product groups (size/ color variations) which only post on eBay and Shopify (and supposedly Walmart but so far not successful with that despite asking for support over a week ago)

Lindsey R.

ecomdash has completely revolutionized the functionality of our warehouse!

Reviewed on 2018/01/26

After months of researching and interviewing companies for the best software solution, we chose ecomdash. That was over a year ago now, and we've never second guessed our decision. It provides all the functionality we need to keep our business operations organized and centralized.

Pros

What I like most about ecomdash is it is one central stop for all the functions our warehouse does. From inventory management to listings to shipping - ecomdash does it all.

Cons

Customization. I wish there were a few more options to customize the look and functionality. For example, custom reports, custom dashboard, custom pick-list and packing slips. Every business has it's own idiosyncrasies that it would be great to have a software that could meld even better to my unique business model.

Andy S.

Ecomdash - work in progress

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

Nice piece of software but it lacks some basic features like variation listing. They are adding new features all the time. If you are looking to manage inventory on multiple channels and easily update inventory from suppliers it is great. Customer service is usually fast and their knowledge base can answer most questions.

Areas that need improvement are listing to channels, automatic price changing on channels, business rules to allow product data to be manipulated easily.

Overall I like Ecomdash and hope they continue to grow and add features

Pros

Inventory management
Supplier management

Cons

No variation listings
No business rules to combine data
Can be a little slow at times

Adam G.

Ecomdash Review

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

At first, the software was extremely slow to load. Tech support made an adjustment and it's much better now. The software is a little complicated & time consuming to use.

Pros

Lots of supported marketplaces.

Cons

It's very confusing and requires a lot of steps, in different places, to create new products and shipping orders.

Anne B.

Ecomdash is very intuitive to use and has strong customer support.

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

Pros

I like the way you can link inventory from multiple sales channels in one database. It has a simple layout that is easy to use and it is very helpful the way they keep histories of downloads, imports and exports. Also, when you call customer service you always get someone who is very knowledgeable of the product.

Cons

We're still learning how to use the program but so far I don't see any major shortcomings. If I had to say one it is a little confusing how a parent product is shown as listed on a storefront but the variants that we are actually selling are not listed on the storefront when they actually are being sold on these storefronts.

Amiram K.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Stay away

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

Well.......was thinking to use them based on previous reviews that I was reading and the value for the money. As a new and small company thought what could go wrong. As a none technical person I oped for their set up.. they promised 15-30 phone call for set up, that my account will be integrated, sync and that I'll be ready to go and simply start doing business. But It wasn't like that at all. Phone cal came in simply to ask for more info and was around 5 minutes. After that I wanted to upload my whole inventory and integrated but because my Amazon.com already downloaded a few listings, the support person (which I think knows what she's doing) wanted to link these to all my channels. I tried to explain via so many emails back and forth that this is not what I'm looking for and really need my inventory uploaded she kept going back to the Amazon.com listings and try to connect these one. So I after 1 weeks talking to the walls I agree to continue with these few listings, but found out that because these listings are FBA listing, you can't integrate them to other channels. Or maybe they can but she didn't know how and couldn't help me. What it did it converted all the listings to 'none amazon fulfilled listings'. So I had to go and manually changed everything back to Amazon fulfilled. So if you sell FBA.......stay away and you will not get adequate support from them, only 5 miles long emails with instructions.

Pros

Looks good

Cons

Doesn't work

Marco B.

Just Start Just happy

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Pros

- Clear help database
- Quickly assistance
- Easy to use
- Many market place available
- Possibility to personalize

Cons

Nothing to tall about, i wish like taxt also in Italian but isn't mandatary . I hope introduce Prestashop implementation soon

Justin T.
  • Industry: Automotive

ecomdash is great!!!

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

I would recommend ecomdash to anyone needing full transparency of their inventory and/or wanting to sync inventory and shipping between multiple online sales channels.

Pros

Excellent customer service, I have spoken with multiple agents and they have all known the answer correctly and quickly.
Inventory control
Listing control
Low stock control and alerts
Integrating multiple platform shipping works great
Everything is pretty straight forward

Cons

Along with a lot of great options comes a lot to learn. Not a bad thing at all, but just like anything, takes you a few days to understand how it all works.

Thomas K.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Tech support is nothing but excuses.

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

We never did get it to work fully and lost sales while we tried. They promised more than SellBrite, but in the end, Sellbrite was far more reliable.

Pros

It's hard to find some positive. We put a lot of resources into the software but had to abandon it for something else. They promised automation, but it never worked and there was always an excuse, a new one with every ticket.

Cons

We understood it better than their tech support people, who often can't comprehend the issue at hand. They seem focused on making excuses for flaws in the system rather than solving them. Inventory never worked right and after failing to make pricng work they admitted they do not have dynamic pricing at the listing level.

Sonam A.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Really good inventory management software

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Pros

It is a inventory management software which provides end to end solutions.It is good for small and midsized businesses.

Cons

There is nothing which i dont like about this software. Just that they should add features to target large firms aswell.

Nerwin T.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Good software, great support

Reviewed on 2018/04/20

Pros

I like how complete ecomdash is and how it integrates with many online marketplace and also offers integration with Quickbooks online.

Cons

I'm planning to try Xero , and there is no integration for Xero yet. Also, kitting is a nice feature, but I wish Sales orders can include all the components of the kit with their individual price, it's a nice feature to have to be able to see my profit per item.

Emily S.

Clunky but Powerful

Reviewed on 2020/08/22

Overall, Ecomdash has been a great inventory management system that allows us to sync across different marketplaces.

Pros

This software has the capabilities and features that our online wholesale business needed that wasn't available with other software.

Cons

The software is not very intuitive or user friendly, and so we've had to put in additional time to figure out how to do things in the software and train our employees.

Response from ecomdash

Hi Emily,

Thanks so much for your feedback. Our team will be glad to hear that we've been able to help you grow your ecommerce business.

We do apologize for any difficulty you've experienced and I would be happy to pass your feedback along to our team as they continue to work on ways to improve the product.

Thanks again.

Freddy N.
  • Industry: Automotive

It is an excellent tool to develop good pricing strategies

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

excellent tool, I congratulate you. Keep on innovating

Pros

the possibility of seeing the products that are sold and we do not have in our portfolio as well as the definition of a correct price

Cons

So far my experience has been very good, I have no observations. If I have something that I do not like, I'll let you know

Mohammad B.

Support is always responsive

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Need more time to find out about what customization is ecomdash system is capable to meet our business requirements

Pros

Continuous follow up and feedback, responsive and interactive support. The support team is knowledgeable and aware of our requirements.

Hector L.

Excellent !

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

Very pleased with ecomdash

Pros

This software is excellent for our needs. Allowed us to easily integrate all of our online stores. Worth every cent.

Cons

It took us sometime to figure it out. A normal learning curve.

David R.

My experience with ecomdash was terrible. They messed up my inventory months ago.

Reviewed on 2017/09/21

Pros

The product is cheap, but you get what you pay for. The customer service was horrible and nobody knew what was going on.

Cons

They messed up my inventory, I'm still trying to fix the problem and it's been months. The person who helped me with my account had no clue what he was doing either. They also tried to keep billing me after I cancelled the service. I never write reviews this bad, as I try to give companies or people the benefit of the doubt.

Harry g. G.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

A very honest and competent organization

Reviewed on 2018/05/13

Pros

A very well put together technology supported by an excellent management and technical staff. A great team of real people.

Cons

I was unable to complete an api integration with a supplier for reasons beyond my control. They were helpful.

Pete H.

Clean Interface, Great Customer Support!

Reviewed on 2018/11/17

Gaining an overall view of my inventory and a PO solution

Pros

Clean, simple interface. Gives me what I need.

Cons

Occasional glitches, sometimes a bit slow to load a page

Christopher S.

Almost Good

Reviewed on 2020/01/17

Considering that even though they state that they support woocommerce they really do not it is more of a try it and if it works okay and if it doesn't oh well it is your fault. lol what a crap way to run a business.

Pros

What I like most was being able to post items to different marketplaces.

Cons

This software failed repeatedly to post to woocommerce, and there support which is timely and round the clock but this is one problem they did not really try to solve. They said it was on my end, however Sellbrite & Sellerchamp have no problems posting to my woocommerce store. I really hated how their tech support is almost there for you but then not really.

Annual plans are misleading - proceed with caution

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Overall it's a decent piece of software but it does have several issues that make it hard to figure out exactly what is going on sometimes with your business. The reporting is clunky and not customizable and some other features are dangerous if you rely on them but don't realize that the data may not be the whole picture like you think. Annual billing is misleading; The annual billing cost will be renewed, without warning, once you exceed the number of orders for the year. So if you sign up for the 100 orders/month annual plan and you use 1,200 order in 2 months then you'll be charged the annual price every two months, even though you'd pay far less than that by just paying monthly. So buyer beware!

Pros

The software does a lot as far as multi-channel management. It's pretty easy to add new sales channels and then have it manage your inventories and listings. It's also very nice to be able to set up multiple warehouses and even have Amazon FBA fulfill listings for other channels.

Cons

It still has some bugs. Be very careful when you download listings because it can create MCF listings inside of Amazon and you won't even know about it unless you go to Amazon and go to each of your products. Ecomdash doesn't notify you or have any way to tell that this listing creation happened. After talking with the support team it appears to be a bug and this can have huge implications for your business when trying to make simple changes or downloads. Also, it's a pretty simple piece of software that does some basic stuff well, but is not very customizable and won't offer you the advanced features you may be wanting. The reports are fairly simple and sometimes you'll have to pull multiple reports for usable info. It really needs some work on the types of reports and notifications that it claims to offer, especially with multiple warehouses. It shows "in-stock" for items that are out-of-stock in one warehouse, which is very annoying because different sales channels are fulfilled by different warehouses, but you'll never be able to see that in a report, so it makes for a lot of manual work and multiple reports to mesh to get the info you need. Also, the annual billing is very misleading and I'd be careful with that.

David H.

The Most Affordable and Reliable Inventory Sync Software for eBay, Amazon, and Website...

Reviewed on 2018/03/31

Pros

Once you understand the logic of the software it is excellent. We actually like that we can make changes at the marketplace, and simply have Ecomdash import the revised listing changes. When using other platforms we found that making changes on marketplaces directly would sometimes break the functionality between the two platforms. Not so with Ecomdash.

It has fabulous import/export features for products. The multi-Channel sync works really well. It has a bundle feature that we use all the time. It's really easy to list to all the marketplaces.

The UI is actually pretty good. Some have complained about it, but we have used a lot of other platforms, and this one works as good if not better than most. The product search function is excellent. It is actually way superior to any website platform product search we have ever used. It finds the products instantly. They should sell the search code to some of these shopping carts companies who have horrible built in search (All of them).

The Price is so affordable. It's pay as you go. Super reasonable rates, and can leave at any time. No stupid contracts, no BS! We love that.

We have never had any trouble with Customer Support. They always answered questions relatively fast, and it was always a qualified individual answering the questions.

Cons

There are a few minor integration things that are missing. Such as a few eBay options we can't select. There are a few marketplaces we would like to list to that they are not integrated with.

It would be nice if they had 24/7 Support. But not a big deal.