Contactually

Turn relationships into results

Chris P.

Was recently purchased by Compass

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

Really great software and CRM for social and relationship selling fields.

Cons

Was recently purchased by a Real Estate Company. Competing agents are now supporting (and funding) their competitor.

Tzvika B.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Excellent CRM for Personal and Small Project Work

Reviewed on 2017/07/21

it helps me manage my personal strategic network and get ahead as a professional.

Pros

Contractually does all the basic things right - managing contacts, tagging them, emailing, tracking interactions, integrating with other apps effortlessly. For me as someone who uses a personal CRM system for my own strategic network, it is exactly what i need.

Cons

I use an iPhone, and the iOS app does not automatically sync my phone calls to contractually, so I need to add them manually. same for whatsapp. this is of course no fault of contactually but a limitation of ios and whatsapp being closed gardens and inaccessible. but that's the one thing that make my life harder as a user.

Amazing customer management software

Reviewed on 2017/11/02

Increased customer follow and retention.

Pros

The simplicity of the entire system is profound. It's an extremely easy to use platform with a robust list of features to keep track of your relationships. Their concept of buckets is great and the email marketing automation is great.

Cons

When I used this software, it was largely geared towards the real estate world. It is easy to customize however, there are some features that other CRMs do a little bit better from the customer management perspective. When I stopped using the software, email automation that was created prior continued to go out for almost a year after I had left the company and cancelled my account with them. It is an expensive piece of software, but if it helps you land one more deal - it's well worth the money.

Tim H.

Really great for individuals, not bad for teams either.

Reviewed on 2017/04/14

I've used Contactually several times. I've used it personally and set up entrepreneurs and small sales staffs on it. This is the best CRM, in my opinion, for teams of three or less. Tons of automation options and scheduling options to help you "scale yourself."

Pros

Automation is great, really easy to use for individuals, dynamically monitors your inbox, so you don't need to "log" much.

Cons

Can be difficult to implement for larger sales teams.

Falling Behind

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

Originally it was great for staying in touch with customers, but now most CRMs will provide similar functionality. Their lack of focus on their general users is really starting to show in their product with bugs that aren't being fixed and a general lack of innovation.

Pros

Easy to use. Very user-friendly system for staying in touch with people. Good interface

Cons

They have almost completely stopped innovating and improving their product. Their customer service directly says they are no longer focused on general users and they are only focused on innovating for Compass. It's a real shame as the product was great, but it's really starting to fall behind the other CRMs for real estate agents.

Jason J.

Used to be my favorite CRM but they are slow to innovate and add New Features

Reviewed on 2017/08/09

Pros

Really great CRM for computer novices. The dashboard is a great implementation of daily tasks & reminders. Many CRM's could learn something by looking at the Dashboard in Contactually. The Bucket Game is an easy way to classify your contacts into similar groups.

Cons

Failure to innovate. slow as molasses on a cold winter day to add features. Customers have been asking for a "Birthday Field" for 3+years and it's still not part of the Contacts data set. Numerous other feature requests never get implemented either. They say you "own" your data and it can be easily exported but that's just not true. The do have exports of your data but it is an incomplete set of data. If you create 50 custom email templates there is now way to export them or save them if you choose to use a different product. That isn't data portability. Also, had some issues with backups not being able to be restored.

Paul J.

Great CRM for any startup trying to scale!

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Pros

After having my team try several other CRM tools, I'm thankful that we found Contactually. Onboarding was simple, the customer service team is very responsive, and it integrates seamlessly with our existing systems. Overall, it is a great value for the price and I wold highly recommend it to anyone running sales for a small team.

A few of my favorite features that I can no longer live without are:
1. ScaleMail - allows us to send large, personalized batches of emails to potential clients
2. Pre-built lead nurture programs to help our team stay focused in our outreach efforts
3. Library of pre-written (and proven) email templates which provide GREAT inspiration

Cons

When we first began using Contactually we had one minor issue uploading contacts, but after notifying the team they quickly resolved the issue and uploading has since been a piece of cake!

Geoff W.

Love this product. Couldn't work without it.

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

So much to say!!! I love that contactually will automatically update contacts. I really like the ability to send template emails and schedule these. I think the pipeline and program feature is invaluable. Finally organizing by buckets is great as was the onboarding process.

Cons

I price has gone up in recent years. I wish i could switch to the annual payment without losing the grandfathered in option. I also wish the app had more functionality especially access to the pipelines.

Andrew F.

Finally a CRM that does what you need it to do!

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Pros

The bucketing system is as simple as it is genius. The developers are working hard behind the scenes to improve the product and the results show.

Cons

I'm currently on the basic plan and would like to see "some" of the professional features implemented into the entry level plan.

Bianka Y.

Best Real Estate CRM

Reviewed on 2018/10/29

I have been a user for many years. When I first signed up it took me some time to get comfortable but the product go better and I got a lot of support from the contractually team. they listen to the users feedback and work with you. Love my personal concierge Caroline Long keeping me accountable and on top of my database.

Pros

everything.. buckets, scale mail.. best Real estate CRM I have ever used.

Cons

phone app, it got better over time but use to crash a lot. I now don't use it much so cant really say much.

Mike H.

Full of Glitches, Bugs and Flaws

Reviewed on 2017/01/15

We purchased the team version with high hopes, based on the previous reviews. Little did we know that this is an unfinished product. Too much to put in one review--suffice to say, this product is several Betas away from being close to ready. A total exercise in frustration if you have a large number of contacts. Several calls to support only showed the flaws are on the books and they are working on it.

In the meantime, what a mess. I am going back to a CRM that has been tested thoroughly. The bucket system is a great idea--and the only part of the program I will praise highly. As for managing contacts-- it has been a disaster for us.

I hate to be so negative, but as a long time user of Top Producer and Agent Office before that--this is not a good CRM for our team.

Pros

Bucket system, decent email templates

Cons

Import process, lack of features in contact management, does not refresh properly when making changes, freezes after too much use, only allows so much deleting and then stops working till later on--takes too long to get support

Willliam H.

Brandon Carroll has taken the impossible and made it a reality!

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Pros

The ability to round robin or import leads directly into my team members bucks is extremely nice. Also being able to see the analytics of how the team is performing is invaluable. We were able to build out a 14 year automated program that will bring us to the next level!

Cons

As with any system it takes a little bit to get used to, and then just when you think you have it down pat you realize there are even more functions you can use. so I wouldn't really call that a con. Just like any system, nothing is perfect but Contactually fits our team needs amazingly well!

Janice W.

Great Program, Customer Support Responsive but not Understanding

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

This is a great CRM tool, I like the daily reminder emails and the ability to create entire timed programs to happen automatically once you upload certain contacts. For those who have worked with it longer, they say it is seamless.

Cons

I did have some trouble tracking emails, and when I reached out to customer support, I received an answer that acknowledged my issue but didn't provide a solution, work around, or eta on improvements. It felt as though it was being swept under the rug, which was a little frustrating.

Amy O.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Does the Job for CRM and Email Automation!

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Overall, I like Contactually. It is one of the easier and more eye-pleasing platforms that is out there for CRM and campaign management.

Pros

I like that Contactually is farely easy to learn to input your clients/contacts into the database. I also really like the feature that allows you to flag your contacts, and based on those flags, can send automated messages. This can help streamline tasks like on-boarding and keeping track of the process flow.

Cons

Finding features can be kind of a challenge.

• Industry: Defense & Space

Contactually - Helps me close more business.

Reviewed on 2014/07/30

I have been a longtime user of Contactually. I am in enterprise financial software sales, deployments that run from 50k-2M. Contactually connects right into my email account (most of my business is done via email) so it knows when I have contacted customers/prospects, you can also log calls and meetings we well. I create "Buckets" in Contactually, which are similar to a tags, and set a reminder time frame to ensure that I keep in touch with contacts within the bucket. I don't think there is a limit on the number of buckets, but I keep it simple and have 5 buckets (15, 30, 45, 60, 180 day followups). When I log into Contactually I am presented with a dashboard which tells me its time to follow up with contacts. No need to create a task like in most CRMs. Nurturing existing leads, keeping in contact with past leads, and staying in contact with your customers with Contactually has helped me close more business.

Gordon F.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

A strong offering, but solves a problem many don't really have.

Reviewed on 2017/08/21

Remember to follow up with your contacts... smart!

Pros

Great for managing contacts, follow up, etc., easily and in a 'game-ified' way. Fun and easy to use, and provides useful reminders, etc.

Cons

price isn't a strong value for those who already have systems in place for contact management and follow-up.

Contactually for Real Estate Agents

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

The thing I like most about Contactually is being able to have one place to store all your clients/friends/families and being able to edit and keep track of them!

Cons

The least thing that I liked about Contactually was trying to link it up to your address book from iphone.

Patrick D.

Best App I have ever used!

Reviewed on 2014/07/29

I am a big time networking freak. I meet people everyday and I wanted a way to keep up with all the folks I meet. I wanted something that connects, Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter and email on a daily basis. In comes Contactually and 10 minutes later I have a systematic way to stay connected to all of them. I ask for 25 follow-ups a day and in just a few minutes a day, I touch them. Thank you Contactually.

Pros

Ease of use to keep up with contacts.

Cons

People on Facebook and Twitter are not the most responsive but Linkedin Rocks!

Julia Y.

Contactually is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2012/04/12

Great app - super useful in helping you both network with professional contacts and just keep in touch with friends you haven't spoken to in a while. Definitely a great help in connecting with important people in all areas of your life.

Pros

Reminds me of contacts I need to follow up with; lets me group my contacts into relevant buckets for easy access; integrates smoothly with my email account

Cons

N/A so far

• Used Other for Free Trial

Good CRM

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

I like that Contactually geared specifically to real estate. Syncing my email and contacts was easy and convenient.

Cons

While syncing my email and contacts was easy and convenient, there was a lot of unnecessary overlap that could have been avoided.

Victoria C.

Buckets are the coolest thing ever

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

Put your contacts into the `Buckets then its up to you to set how often you want those contacts to hear get messages from your company. They also have reminders you can set if you want so you remember to contact certain people. I use this for real estate purposes.

Cons

Not much i dont like about this software. It does exactly what it states. Customer service is phenomenal

Justin L.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

The perfect app for just-in-time follow up

Reviewed on 2014/07/31

I generally use Contactually every day to follow up and build relationships. I generally can't think of the most important people to reach out to each day, so Contactually tells me who those relationships are. I couldn't live without it.

Pros

Easy to use. Intuitive.

K C.

Contactually

Reviewed on 2012/04/12

Great program that's really beneficial for someone who wants to better manage their relationships.

Pros

Contactually is easy to use and does a great job helping me reconnect with lost contacts and network better with new contacts.

Cons

Non applicable

Patrick S.

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

Shelley H.

I have tried out this program to determine if it will be a good resource to keep agents...

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Pros

I really like the bucket game feature to help get all of you contacts organized into the correct groups. It is really difficult to get your contacts organized and the "game" makes it a little less daunting of a task.

Cons

I really do not like the pricing, it seems very expensive for what it is and its overall functionality.