BenchmarkONE Reviews

BenchmarkONE

CRM & Marketing for small businesses and marketing agencies.

Mark

CRM made simple

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Great for small scale companies.

Great for small scale companies.

Pros

Very user friendly, easy to use and implement. You need to setup marketing campaigns and templates for the tool to work properly for you. This tool helps you send periodic marketing efforts to your CRM contacts.

Chelsey

Hands down, the best CRM system I've ever used.

Reviewed on 2017/06/12

We previously had three systems holding three separate sets of data: Zoho CRM, Membrain, and MailChimp. Now that our data is all together, we're already starting to make it work for us, instead of us working with it. As we're further into the program as well, and we've executed some campaigns and targeted emails, we're getting to know our database. The tag feature is amazing, and helps to give a more real-time picture of where our prospects are at, whether they've been browsing the website, what pages they've visted (and multiple times), etc.

Pros

The support, hands down. The team at Hatchbuck is amazing, and has answered all of my questions promptly, and helped me to think creatively about how best to use the software. I also love the automation available - the ability to trigger emails, campaigns, tasks, reminders, and deals based on contact actions. The new built-in advanced filtering system is great and makes it easier than ever to segment our database based on location, tags, whether they have an email address or not, and more. We've also used the email reporting to our advantage, helping us to get to know our contacts - what they interact with, what they click on, what they do and don't care about - our database has new life!

Cons

As we've been in the system more, we're finding that we're not using the "deals" tracker tool as effectively as we could, simply based on the fact that for our specific line of business, we could easily use 3-4 pipelines separately. (We are M&A Advisors/Business Brokerage Advisors, and so we have separate pipelines for Sellers, Buyers, Clients doing Exit Planning, and Valuations). If we were given the ability to have multiple Deals pipelines, it would immediately enable us to keep track of that pipeline.
Additionally, if I could change a couple things, like the ability to automate contact notes within the record the same way that other things can be automated, I would, but this is such a minor thing that I wouldn't count it as a dislike.

Alissa

Good features, poor customer service

Reviewed on 2017/06/02

Pros

- Easy to use
- Great user interface
- Robust email tracking and reporting
- Social media integration allows you to put a face with a name

Cons

After being promised excellent customer service, we've received anything but that. There is never an available rep to answer the phone, and it's difficult to get customer support to validate any bugs or errors you are receiving. It takes multiple emails to the support address to get updates on pending issues, if you get a response at all. Our team has had to troubleshoot more issues than we've actually been helped with, and none of our requests and suggestions on improvements have been taken seriously.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Excellent CRM for small company

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Lead tracking, prioritization, campaigns, nurturing

Lead tracking, prioritization, campaigns, nurturing

Pros

I really love Hatchbuck. It has transformed my company in terms of lead tracking and management. It's so easy to set up and use, and is extremely well-priced.

Cons

The interface to send emails to clients is a bit clunky, and I'd value greater options. There are a few bugs with creating new emails, and formatting. It's hard to see what clients you've communicated with that day.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing BenchmarkONE

needed a full CRM

Reasons for Switching to BenchmarkONE

Mayur
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A great CRM and marketing system for small businesses.

Reviewed on 2018/07/15

Pros

The application offers user-friendly graphical user interface. The customer service is very knowledgeable and responsive. Based on the actions of your contact, you can automate trigger emails and reminders. One of the best features is that you can see who all open your emails and the email marketing gets you know about what the users click on. You can track the progress of your campaigns and how well they were received. You can easily merge your contacts from your earlier CRMs. You can categorize the application for clients from several industries. The application does great contact management and is well integrated with social media.

Cons

It's quite difficult to get used to the email templates. the application, in comparison to other similar CRM systems, does not provide many plugins. Reporting capabilities and tags management require improvement. The absence of advanced features. It is very difficult to make edits or copy the campaigns.

Lewis
Lewis
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

A solid software option

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Pros

Simple contact database management.
Easy to use template designer.
Scheduling services.

Cons

Inability to include video within email.
Chat/email based customer support.

Joseph
Joseph

Hatchbuck Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Keeping track of large amounts of people in the sales funnel.

Keeping track of large amounts of people in the sales funnel.

Pros

Ease of use, customer support, tracking web visits of folks in our email database.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like.

Fantastic software with so many features!

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

Pros

I love Hatchbuck because it is fairly easy to use, but also has several different features and capapbilities.

Cons

Sometimes there is too much to process when it comes to all of the features, however, thesre are several articles and videos to help remedy that.

• Industry: Accounting

Weekly Use

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Pros

I love the drag and drop builder, and being able to view stats

Cons

Cons for this is not having an easier way to separate contacts besides tagging them.

Ashley
Ashley

Love their customer service!

Reviewed on 2016/02/05

Great tool. Hatchbuck offers a huge arsenal of tools and features with a super low price point. Creating email campaigns, designing templates, and organizing contacts into relevant groups is really simple and there's also a robust reporting dashboard. I also love the "tasks" function.

I'm really impressed by their level of customer service. Our initial consultant, Lindsay, answered every last minute email and used her expertise to offer advice on email timing, subject lines, and calls to action. Recently, I ran a large campaign, and needed to connect with the support desk. Within a couple minutes, Eric got back to me. Instead of just giving direction to solve my issue, he happily went in and took care of it after walking me through the issue on the phone. I feel like we're all friends now :)

Overall, Hatchbuck offers a user-friendly, robust tool with a great team to support you.

Taylor

Flexible Enough to be Utilized in Most Marketing Plans

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

Hatchbuck is a great software for both large and small companies. It is one of the only services I have found flexible enough to be tailored to my many clients.

Pros

The customer service is by far the greatest asset this software has. Hatchbuck is extremely customizable which is excellent when working with clients in many different industries but can present a challenge when deciding which categorizations and tag to use when building the system. Hatchbuck's customer service team is always on-call to help assist in any way necessary.

Cons

The pricing options and billing details aren't completely transparent. Often, I will have to reach out to my Hatchbuck rep to get details regarding plans or billings.

Jenna
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Great CRM for Small Business

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

Hatchbuck offers a tiered pricing plan, which is great for small businesses trying and starting a CRM program.

Pros

It's hard to beat the features and price of Hatchbuck. The program does well two features that a small business really needs: contact management and email marketing.

Cons

The CRM offerings are very basic. If you are looking for a ton of features with your CRM, then Hatchbuck may not be the best CRM for you.

Shah
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great small business solution - Intuitive, feature-filled, clean interface

Reviewed on 2017/01/10

There are a lot of CMS platforms out there but this one is the one I've settled on because it has certain features that you need to pay a LOT extra for on larger platforms, such as click-tracking.

The name is kinda weird and I don't believe it's the cheapest solution out there, after all, there are others that are free. However, Hatchbuck makes it possible to set up sales funnels with ease, and without complicating things. The onboarding process is relatively simple - you don't need a degree to wade through it all and their customer support team is super friendly.

My only problem with Hatchbuck is that I don't use it more, which is my problem, not theirs. A great solution for small businesses that want powerful features without the hefty price tag of the CMS giants out there.

Pros

The interface, customer support and certain features that seem to integrate well with my sales process.

Cons

The price is a little high, especially if I want to add other users, like a VA to help me out, so I have avoided doing that and so not using is to its full potential.

Karl

Outstanding Customer Support and Functionality You Can Use!

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

Onboarding & Support

I've had a stellar experience with Hatchbuck from the initial demo, and most...

Onboarding & Support

I've had a stellar experience with Hatchbuck from the initial demo, and most importantly through to onboarding and getting the system configured.

This is a standout part of the Hatchbuck offer, especially after coming from a larger automation platform.

Functionality & Ease of Use
You don't get all the functionality you are likely to have compared to say, Marketo, but what you do get is eminently usable and capable almost out-of-the-box.

I would like to see an ability to integrate with Outlook, as we miss the ability to send tracking emails individually directly from our Outlook client, but it's not a dealbreaker.

Price
This was a big issue for us as we operate a relatively large universe - Hatchbuck's pricing structure allows me to run a universe that size without hitting me for increasing levels of charge (unlike Hubspot or Marketo, whose price-per-unit seems to increase as you scale).

Pros

Simple to use, easy to configure, and can get to work and ROI fast.

Scales easily with pricing not restricting records you put into it.

Cons

Some functionality you may be used to is not present, such as Outlook plugins.

Jenna
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Inexpensive and Super User-Friendly

Reviewed on 2018/09/08

Pros

This is an awesome CRM software! I'm in love with the dashboard which is always up to date. It also works with email campaigns and integrates very well.

Cons

I really don't have any cons. The support team isn't the easiest to contact and deal with, but once you have them on the phone to help with a problem they definitely have the answers for ya!

Jeff

Best bang for the buck in the CRM marketplace!

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

As a long time user of other software, I can't believe how many capabilities come out of the box with Hatchbuck. It's easy to use, easy to configure and my users love the system!

Pros

ease of use and value

Cons

Could use some additional reporting capabilities and customizations
really needs a native iPhone app or better functionality in a mobile browser.

Neal
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Hatchbuck makes work easier

Reviewed on 2017/06/02

Overall, I'm pleased with hatchbuck. I tried a lot of CRM programs. I think hatchbuck has the best bang for the buck.

Pros

It's easy to use, flexible and intuitive. The interface is simple. The latest version includes a new dashboard with lots of information available instantly.

Cons

Sometimes support seems a little lacking but that could just be because I didn't word my question well.

Tim
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

2nd best ROI you can make! Seriously!

Reviewed on 2015/06/19

Pros

We looked at many other services, including Salesforce and Infusionsoft. Both of those offered a ton of features, 75% of which we didn't need, including the cost. We have found that Hatchbuck had BY FAR the best training, and the easiest interface. We have 1 dedicated employee running HB, and after 1 month, we have literally lit 20% of our ice cold leads on fire! Hatchbuck is like napalm for your sales leads. Gets them hot and keep it that way. We have learned that by staying in front of your customers, it at the least, allows you to stay in the game against your competitors. Prior to HB, we were MANUALLY SENDING EMAILS 1x1 via Gmail. We thought we had this under control until 75% of our cold leads had purchased from our competitor due to our lack of communication. If you are considering a way to build a relationship with every potential lead, seriously, don't hesitate!

Cons

The only thing we don't like is that they can't directly reply to the email form a campaign. Maybe there is a way, but we are only 1 month in.

Emily

Good tool for a small company, not practical for a large company.

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Pros

This tool is great for a small company. It helps you to manage all your contacts. Customer service is also prompt and personal.

Cons

The pricing could be better. Also, some of the contact logic that we would like to have is not available.

Amber

Great Product. Great Team. Great Results.

Reviewed on 2014/08/28

Pros

We are using Hatchbuck here at SilverCloud through ESG's Lead-Launcher Marketing as a service vendor and have been very pleased with what we have seen so far. What I like best about the product is its ease of use and its very user-friendly user interface. I like how we now have the ability to nurture evaluators and turn them into prospects without much effort. I also like the ability we will have to continue to provide value to our current customer base, improving retention rates.

Cons

I find it difficult to search for multiple individuals at an organization. The CRM is set up to organize mostly by contacts and not by accounts, which can be a bit difficult. I also wish there was an API to integrate with our current Salesforce account.

Jim
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Awesome! So far, it meets and exceeds my customer nurturing needs.

Reviewed on 2014/08/30

Pros

I like the webpage forms and link click capture (via imbedded scripts) to register new leads and track their interest. Likewise, I love the ability to capture clicks in email and add tags and actions.

Cons

I wish there were more email and campaign samples (a complete lead to sale nurturing sample would be great). Although the drag and drop email editor is easy to use, it's too limited (e.g. can't create a column). So I ended up using the predesigned emails, but I had to insert some stylesheet code to just to change the background color; it looks great, but it's a bit more complicated. Also, there's no billing, so we also have to enter the customer into ACT and QuickBooks.

Dominick
Dominick

Easy play, easy go with Hatchbuck.

Reviewed on 2016/02/05

I was able to load up my contacts, design and prepare, then launch campaigns very quickly and without much trouble.
The training and support along the way was effective and spot on, and I received pro-active communications to optimize the performances.
My questions to the team were always responded promptly and followed-up rapidly.

On the con side, the tool lacks a few capabilities including the creation of custom-landing pages, or being able to use an existing contact page more easily, which would be nice. Optimization can require some technical skills too.
Overall, a cool solution that is well worth its investment at a fraction of the price of competitors, and a friendly team to help navigate the first steps.

Tyler

A great CRM product for small businesses

Reviewed on 2016/08/29

Pros

Hatchbuck is an easy to use CRM that doesn't require a lot of time and energy to integrate into your already established database. The reports are easy to create and easy to understand.

Cons

At the time I began using hatchback it was still in the beta phase for many of the features and so the support offered wasn't as established as some of its competitors. I am sure they has since been improved.

Laura

Marketing Gamechanger

Reviewed on 2019/10/19

Pros

I love the fact that you're able to get so much data from your website and whatever integrations you set up with Hatchbuck.

Cons

I wish for my e-commerce client that you could incorporate abandoned cart emails.

Bill

Needs more features

Reviewed on 2016/12/05

I have been using hatchbuck for a while now, and although their customer support is good enough, the product itself lacks several features and needs many improvements in order to be able to compete with some of the established alternatives like Hubspot.

Cons

Lacks features, has some bugs