Showing 20 reviews of 10

Loggly

Cloud log management and monitoring

Showing 20 reviews of 10
Shankar S.

Easy to ship all our logs and manage and monitor it under single portal

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Easy view and Retrieval of logs using user friendly UI and search query language

Pros

Supports all logging format such as syslog and JSON, easily filter and streamline the logs using search query (Apache lucene).

We can create derived fields and create user friendly grids to extract the logs .Live trail is available we can monitor the logs easily

Cons

Based on our pricing plan there are some limitation with the log size store and restoration. pretty much costly but worth for your money.

• Industry: Accounting

Not The Easiest Way to Check Websites Traffic but Super Efficient

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

It has a steep leranin-curve (it has a specific query language) once you overcome that it will be a certainly useful tool to analyze logs from your applications/websites

Pros

Loggly has a wide array of tools that can be extremely useful to analyze logs from your applications, in different platforms. It works by runnig an Elsatic Search on our behalf (with all the requirements) and made it not necessary for us developing our own logging solution, which would certainly not be cost or time-effective.

Cons

To run every search some not-so-easy querys are required. It has a specific syntax, which is not so trivial for non tech/IT people but is extremely well documented

Tony C.

Great for Developers, Overkill for Simple HTTP tracking

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

I use Loggly to track my email opens. This is not the usual use case, but it works well for me.

Pros

I like Loggly's "Save Search" function, which makes it easy to track projects over time. When using the HTTP tracker, the best feature is the "Verify" button that ensures that the code is properly installed.

Cons

The system is not user friendly for the non-technical person. But that is understandable as it is really made for developers who are working on large log files.

Vincent B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for Free Trial

A good platform for your cloud services logs

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Used in trial context, but offers a good platform for your small and personal project

Pros

Easy to use platform for cloud services monitoring and log extraction. Offers a lot of connectors easy to plug in your products

Cons

as where as loggly offers a SaaS, I don't saw the capability to host the service on premise. Providing self hosting might be nice for small projects

Kevin W.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great cloud-based logging tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

One of the first of it's kind to offer cloud-based server logging that was straight forward to set up and didn't require the use of your own infrastructure. Use with several severs and web apps to consolidate my logs.

Cons

Difficult to navigate. Hard to filter out the noise and get to what I actually want to see. Interface is slow when you have lots of logs.

Adrian D.

Reviewed on 2015/09/17

Jói S.

Reviewed on 2016/11/07

Anthony A.

One of the best ways to view your system logs

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

I really like using loggly. I wish I would have thought of designing it :) It's way more convenient than using your notepad to view your system logs. I give it a thumbs up as a great log viewing tool for sure!

Pros

I have to say using this for log viewing is really great. You have way more tools to use to dive into your logs when you are having issues, or don't know issues are happening. This is really great for discovering when your webhooks are hitting your server indiscriminately, or there are unknown api hits. It's so detailed!

Cons

Sometimes this software can be heavy on your browser it seems. Could get a bit laggy. Also, I would like a bit better uninstall/reinstall process to be documented on their site. This would up my confidence in their product.

Sumitha M.

Best tool for beginners to go through logs ...understanding the logs is way much easier.

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

What in need to understand on a log is elaborated with all details that is required.

Pros

Clarity of options and filters are there so that easy routing of logs is commendible....Also it has various options of viewing the logs and allows us to understand the executed log easily.

Cons

Nothing in particular as i always launch this to view any error logs. May be cost wise it can be bit less so that i can keep usinig this in all my projects i work with.

James D.

Easy way to track logs for your application

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

I find our team regularly shares logs and links in Slack whenever there are issues. This was a big task before, now everyone can be on one page with just a link.

Pros

I love the fact I can set up alerts for errors. I can easily see what servers are failing and what I need to fix. Saving searches is also good, because I can get a birds eye view of everything at one glance just by opening my last session.

Cons

Loggly UI could use an update. It feels very 2010 in it's design and I feel that it's a bit outdated compared to the other logging tools out there now.