Loggly Reviews

Loggly

Cloud log management and monitoring

4.1/5 (7 reviews)

Not The Easiest Way to Check Websites Traffic but Super Efficient

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

It has a steep leranin-curve (it has a specific query language) once you overcome that it will be a certainly useful tool to analyze logs from your applications/websites

Pros

Loggly has a wide array of tools that can be extremely useful to analyze logs from your applications, in different platforms. It works by runnig an Elsatic Search on our behalf (with all the requirements) and made it not necessary for us developing our own logging solution, which would certainly not be cost or time-effective.

Cons

To run every search some not-so-easy querys are required. It has a specific syntax, which is not so trivial for non tech/IT people but is extremely well documented

Shankar S.

Easy to ship all our logs and manage and monitor it under single portal

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Easy view and Retrieval of logs using user friendly UI and search query language

Pros

Supports all logging format such as syslog and JSON, easily filter and streamline the logs using search query (Apache lucene).

We can create derived fields and create user friendly grids to extract the logs .Live trail is available we can monitor the logs easily

Cons

Based on our pricing plan there are some limitation with the log size store and restoration. pretty much costly but worth for your money.

Anthony A.

One of the best ways to view your system logs

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/04/08

I really like using loggly. I wish I would have thought of designing it :) It's way more convenient than using your notepad to view your system logs. I give it a thumbs up as a great log viewing tool for sure!

Pros

I have to say using this for log viewing is really great. You have way more tools to use to dive into your logs when you are having issues, or don't know issues are happening. This is really great for discovering when your webhooks are hitting your server indiscriminately, or there are unknown api hits. It's so detailed!

Cons

Sometimes this software can be heavy on your browser it seems. Could get a bit laggy. Also, I would like a bit better uninstall/reinstall process to be documented on their site. This would up my confidence in their product.

Sumitha M.

Best tool for beginners to go through logs ...understanding the logs is way much easier.

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

What in need to understand on a log is elaborated with all details that is required.

Pros

Clarity of options and filters are there so that easy routing of logs is commendible....Also it has various options of viewing the logs and allows us to understand the executed log easily.

Cons

Nothing in particular as i always launch this to view any error logs. May be cost wise it can be bit less so that i can keep usinig this in all my projects i work with.

Kevin W.

Great cloud-based logging tool

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

One of the first of it's kind to offer cloud-based server logging that was straight forward to set up and didn't require the use of your own infrastructure. Use with several severs and web apps to consolidate my logs.

Cons

Difficult to navigate. Hard to filter out the noise and get to what I actually want to see. Interface is slow when you have lots of logs.

7.0/10