QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Accounting & business management for small businesses

Ali
Ali

The best accounting software

Reviewed on 2022/05/24

Quickbooks is the most popular accounting software for small businesses and entrepreneurs. And for good reason! Quickbooks makes running your business easy, which is why it's so popular amongst entrepreneurs. Using Quickbooks made my accounting so simple. I love how I could sync everything to my phone and never miss an invoice or payment.

Pros

QuickBooks is the best accounting software for established businesses and startups. It offers the best tools to make sure you always have the most accurate financial data possible, no matter what. And their technical support is second to none!

Cons

Ability to send invoices via text messages

Response from Intuit

Hi, Ali, and thanks for writing your review!

We're so glad to hear that QuickBooks has made managing your business financials so much easier! That way you have more time to do what you love!

If you have any suggestions on features you think would make QuickBooks even better, please don't hesitate to send them over for our Developers review by using the 'Feedback?' icon in-account, as this is how we improve upon our products.

We appreciate you being part of the QuickBooks family!

-Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Selcuk
  • Industry: Investment Management

A Financer's Dream

Reviewed on 2022/12/08

The platform is incredibly intuitive and provides a wide range of features and tools that make it easy to manage finances. The reporting capabilities are comprehensive and accurate, and the cost is worth the investment.

Pros

I have been thoroughly impressed with QuickBooks Online Advanced. The platform is incredibly intuitive and provides an array of tools and features that make it easy to manage finances. The accounting and invoicing processes are efficient and user-friendly, and the reporting capabilities are comprehensive and accurate.

Cons

One of the drawbacks of QuickBooks Online Advanced is the cost of the subscription. While the features are worth the investment, the cost can be steep for small businesses with limited budgets. Additionally, the platform can be complicated to navigate for those with limited accounting experience.

Eric

As a General Contractor I wouldn't recommend

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

Frustrating

Frustrating

Pros

Nothing really. We used to have QB desktop and it was pretty solid, but it was clunky for our remote accountant to access the desktop version (possible, just challenging for only our accountant or we could be on the desktop version at a time). Otherwise it the desktop version was great.

Cons

Where do I start. Customer service knows 'zero' about the construction industry hence can't relate to questions regarding simple things such as sub-contractor W9 and certificate of insurance (COI) storage. QB desktop has a place for input of COI storage with the addition of 'reminders' when a sub's COI expires. The online version has nothing for this (and this is a big deal for a growing general contractor - keeping track of COI manually is a huge pain). Also, when adding a project (location) for an Existing customer one would think you could go into an Existing customer profile to create a new project - but no, you have to create an entirely new CUSTOMER to do this, when all you are doing is adding a project to an existing Customer. It's baffling. Our accountant also doesn't like QB online and commented it was designed by website designers - not accountants. I agree. We're looking for new accounting software.

Kira

Great Accounting System

Reviewed on 2023/11/30

Pros

Quickbooks is an easy to use program at a minimal cost. It has all the features we would want and can connect to our payroll system.

Cons

The only thing I do not like is that the reporting is not shared between our accountant and our company. They made a custom report to pull, but I cannot see that on my side which is frustrating.

Sage 50cloud Accounting
Harmony
  • Industry: Wholesale

QBO is Definitely Different

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Our overall experience with QBO Advanced has been pretty good. I think with the development and implementation of more features or customization of different "modules" to be customer specific it would serve us perfectly. And hey, the price is WONDERFUL!

Pros

What I like most about using QBO Advanced is how user friendly and simplistic it is to use. We transitioned our entire financial management system and for the most part it was relatively smooth.

Cons

There were many obstacles to overcome in the transition to QBO Advanced. It mainly involve how to find work around solutions for areas not offered in QBO Advanced such as specifically detailed inventory management and also fixed assets. The inventory process in QBO is clunky and too simplistic for our company, BUT since QBO is so easy to use we have customized processes to make it work for us.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We made the switch at the behest of our former accountants.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Our former account didn't inform us of possibly a more suitable program. QBO Advanced was easiest for them.
Kyle

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

The chart of accounts feature of QBO is much cleaner than the two previously used accounting softwares. Also the reporting functions are much more user friendly for non-accounting employees trying to find financial information that makes sense to them.

Pros

Everything is very clean, and easy to navigate. The general features of the software are user friendly to all levels of accounting. If you have never used an accounting software before QBO makes it very accessible to find important and valuable information about your finances with relative ease.

Cons

The more in depth features do take a little time to navigate. There are also a lack to "advance" features for some of the functions but it overall fits the bill. There is nothing that is missing that is an absolute need for business function- just more of a "would be nice".

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Enjoyed the interface better. The template is much easier to navigate and I find the accounting features to make much more sense to me personally.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Used the other product briefly and made the final decision for QBO after not being able to get in contact with the other company's customer service for multiple days to resolve any issues.
Joe
  • Industry: Wholesale

The Best Option Out There

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

We were doing all of our accounting manually before and it got to a point where we could not keep up. Now none of our upcoming expenses are a surprise and we know with great accuracy what our financial position is while we are determining if an opportunity is right for us.

Pros

I like that it is universally used so no matter how many different financial professionals from how many different companies I have to deal with they are familiar with the software so there is no learning or teaching curve there.

Cons

The biggest flaw I would say is when a new 3rd party program comes out that works well with my business Quickbooks seems to lag behind in having some kind of integration available. Ideally I would like all my softwares so integrate with Quickbooks so that I can use the full power of the system.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Because Xero is new and if it catches on that will take years, Quickbooks is THE accounting software and I feel like it always will be.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Revolutionize the Way You Manage Your Finances With QBO

Reviewed on 2023/02/12

Pros

I love how it is user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy for me to manage my finances without having an extensive background in accounting. Also, I can access my financial information from anywhere, at any time, as long as there is an internet connection.

Cons

There is nothing I liked least about QBOA.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Because Quickbooks Online Advance offers a wide range of features, including invoicing, expense tracking, and reporting, allowing me to manage all aspects of my company's finances in one place.
Sarah
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Less Is More

Reviewed on 2023/08/06

Overall, it's an amazing product however FreshBooks is another product I like as well.

Pros

It allows more users, which is amazing for me considering I am beginning to look for more help; easier for me to transfer or integrate my current data to my current subscription and it automatically handles a lot of things for me based off the last time things were updated!

Cons

Definitely leaves you without control in some ways and I have ran into a few minor issues as far as the security and software.

Russell
Russell
  • Industry: Accounting

Ubiquitous and necessary, but far from perfect

Reviewed on 2022/07/19

It is a necessary evil.

It is a necessary evil.

Pros

Online access is convenient. Most clients are already using it. Easy to get accountant access. Bank feeds are superior to the desktop product. Integrates with many different tools through Zapier. Works with a large array of direct 3rd party add ins.

Cons

It lacks basic and essential features such as reliable backup/restoration of data, month end closing tools, etc. forcing us to pay third parties to make up for what QBO lacks. The receipt capture is too limited and is very poor at matching transactions if it doesn’t automatically recognize a receipt.

The system is extremely nit picky about which type of transaction you are using in the moment. This is not an issue with QB desktop as you can easily enter almost any type of transaction from the register without the need to tell it what you are doing in advance.

The product does not often get substantive improvements and yet the subscription fees are very high and are increasing over time. Pay more, get the same product.

Response from Intuit

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review, Russell.

We want to be sure you're enjoying your time with QuickBooks, and that you're getting the most out of your product. If you have any suggestions about what you think would make QuickBooks better for your business and others, please don't hesitate to send these over for our Developers review using the 'Feedback?' icon in-account.

Also, if you need assistance or run into any issues, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team by phone or chat using the 'Help (?)' icon > 'Contact Us' right from within your account. We'd be more than happy to take care of you.

-Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Kevin
  • Industry: Hospitality

The one stop software for any Business

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

I am currently learning how to better integrate my time keeping services with quick books and I am overall happy with the transisiton

Pros

This Software is absolutely essential to my day to day operations.
From the ease of use in payroll services, tracking inventory, combining all purchase and financing accounts and creating invoices for all of my customers I could not be happier with Quickbooks.
What I really love is that software is always adapting and improving to help with more and more essential tasks, and if I don't know how something works there is always a Webinar/Customer service agent/video to give myself and my employees the tools they need to meet any accounting challenge.

Cons

The only two issues I have had is with compatibility with the payroll time clock services I would like to use, and this is more personal preference than anything else. I would like to see more options for bio metric time-clocking services than is currently available. the second is the saving of last used dates in the software meaning you have to be vigilant when making invoices or printing checks (I have lost a ton of checks this way)

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Quickbooks was the obvious choice for us when choosing our accounting software because it was easier to use and had a fantastic importing option for older invoicing and books.
Curran
  • Industry: Public Policy

Complicated Software, With Deep Capability

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Overall I find it very helpful. It is easy to enter and find bills. It had a steep learning curve, but once overcome, it is extremely helpful software.

Pros

The ability to find any transaction, bill very fast. There are reports that can be deeply customized, bills can be searched easily, and it is easy to switch between companies.

Cons

It has too many features! It has a million options, and options within options. If you are inexperienced with the software, it can be hard to find what you are looking for. Once you do find things it becomes quite simple.

Response from Intuit

We love knowing you've been able to locate the transactions you're looking for quickly and easily, as well as create customized reports to view specific data, Curran! We wanted to make sure to provide as many options and features as possible to meet your business needs. To find out more about how certain features work in QuickBooks, we invite you to check out our video tutorials: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/

Thanks for a great review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Brandon
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

TMG QB Online Review

Reviewed on 2022/12/02

The product is easy to use and comprehensive for how we use it.

The product is easy to use and comprehensive for how we use it.

Pros

I like the integration options available through the web version vs. the desktop version. We have been able to provide advanced reporting utilizing these features.

Cons

I wish the Advanced version had the backup feature included and wouldn't require the large additional fee to include this feature. I also wish the budgeting tool was included in the basic version and didn't require a higher level option since budgeting should be done at the basic level for any small business. I also wish the integration to Power Bi was no longer in beta so that functionality can be fully utilized.

Charles

Quickbooks Review

Reviewed on 2022/12/05

Experience has been great and very professional so far!

Experience has been great and very professional so far!

Pros

I loved how automated my invoices and billing became using quickbooks. I enjoy the professional look and easy use of the platform. It made it also easier to build and make expenses report. The customer service was also really good as I was able to schedule a call within the first 5 min on the website

Cons

Right now, I need a bit more experience on the platform. However, I would say that the price are decent and good for what I am using. Nothing negative to say about the platform.

PayPal, Square Payments, Cash App and Venmo

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Better price and it fit my business more

PayPal and PaySimple

Quickbooks Online Review

Reviewed on 2022/08/04

Overall for bookkeeping and accounting this software is simple to use as long as you don't use other features like processing payments.

Pros

It was very easy to set up and use. Interface is nicely laid out. Reports are easy to find and prepare.

Cons

You are not able to create multiple invoice templates with different company names ie. one company with a numbered name and another with the business name. Also you have no control over online payments. Quickbooks will give you a chargeback but they won't release any info on the transaction so best not to use them for your online store. Use another service.

Zoho Books

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

My Accountant recommended Quickbooks.

AccountEdge

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Recommended by my accoutant.
Tammy

It's All About The Extras

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Pros

QBO Advanced includes the analytics through dashboards and Fathom. These are powerful tools and very useful for management. The Enhanced Custom Fields are valuable for our company as we are able to capture information that can be kept in QBO with the client instead of having several spreadsheet to keep this information. The Customize Access By Role is helpful for us because we are able to then develop UI from our software into QBO allowing our developer to have access to QBO but not have access to the entire company file. Feedback is very vital for us the user. As we find something that could make our jobs easier, or a way of getting information out you can always enter the feedback in for Intuit's development team to review. I have experienced that some feedback has been addressed, which adds value for us because we know that the software is becoming a tool that will do all that we need it to do.

Cons

We lost a couple reports when we converted over from desktop, but Intuit is constantly working on enhancing the software.

Norah Bird
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Quickbooks

Reviewed on 2023/08/30

Overall I am impressed with the software, I just do not like being held ransom by having no means of reviewing the history of our accounting records electronically. We can only review static, saved documentation

Pros

I like the fact that it is fairly accurate in predicting what account should be used once it has encountered the same transaction from a bank account or credit card.

Cons

The constantly increasing price but no new features to justify the increased cost. I think the thing I dislike the most is that the system will not allow the User to take a backup copy. We rely on their cloud and if we stop using their software, we cannot run or produce an electronic backup that we can review without continuing to pay for the software subscription. It is imperative that reams of reports and ledgers are and no electronic format that we can review our records.

Cody
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Great product for SMBs and growing enterprises.

Reviewed on 2023/08/12

Good! 7-8/10. It's not perfect & may not be the best fit for massive organizations, but you can get a lot of mileage from it if you spend time with the software & get comfortable with the range and depth of features available to Advanced users. Always play with the beta features!

Pros

QBO Advanced is designed to be an all-in-one finance & accounting solution. There are larger-scale ERPs out there, e.g. Oracle, ION, but Intuit definitely has the market cornered on out-of-the-box F&A software. Because Intuit has so many components available, the software is also modular to a certain degree & admins can turn on/off features as needed.

Cons

Intuit does not play nice with 3rd party integrations. There IS a developer portal if you're technical enough to do API work, but we've found software add-ons like Zapier are often necessary to build task automation into the manual steps of many QBO processes (which you will need if your organization works at scale & does not have a large accounting team).

Beth

All-Encompassing, Integrated Accounting Program for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Sending invoices out to clients on a recurring basis used to vex me! But invoicing with QBO is quick and simple and I can see whether the client has open/viewed the invoice. Now I can even create invoices in batches! I can send reminders, statements, and clients can pay online with credit cards or ACH, allowing cash flow to improve. I can also see AR reports and then follow up easily.

Pros

Overall this product is easy to use and offers the tracking resources our company needs. I also love the add-ons for processing payroll and the merchant services. It is a seamless, easy process for me to process payroll at a fraction of the cost of payroll processing companies. Also, I have yet to find a per transaction cost lower that Intuit's Merchant Services, plus it cuts the amount of work I would have to do if I used an outside credit card processor. I also like that this is cloud-based, online software that I can access from any computer at home and at work (or even at a coffee shop).

Cons

When I have a question or need assistance, the customer service has not been as good as I would expect to support what is, in my opinion, such a great software. QBO Advanced, however, has upgraded with a service called Priority Circle.

Samantha

Mandatory for Business

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

It has been good. The price is a pain, but you get a ton of features even if you dont use every single one. We have enjoyed using QBO for years and will continue to use the service.

Pros

-The customer service is on point every time. They are super helpful and can help you with errors and questions of any sorts. Any time I have had to contact them, they are quick and helpful. They also are kind!
-New Features added all the time

Cons

- Wont save the date to the actual date. It saves the last date you put in, which can be a really huge error later if you didnt change the date and went about your day.
-Prices tripled and they did add a ton of features, they arent really used by my size company and we had to get the upgraded version for ONE feature we use, which feels like waste

John
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Quickbooks Online is easy to use and overall great value for the price

Reviewed on 2022/08/11

Overall very positive. My only gripes are listed above. They are just a few changes I'd like to see happen. Will continue using QB Online and hope to see improvements in the future!

Pros

Online access, ease of use, and overall user friendliness. Also love that you can add attachments to each entry. Fantastic, because then I don't have to go digging in a file cabinet to find the supporting documentation.

Cons

Custom reporting could definitely be improved. You can't select from nearly the amount of data items that are necessary. Also, a great feature to add would be the option to add a single attachment to bulk transactions. I would love to see this implemented. IE: when using "Batch Transactions" you could add a single report to the 25 different entries made in the batch. Also, another thing would be that you can list multiple departments on one invoice/sales receipt (IE make it a line item) instead of having to generate separate invoices/SR.

Anibal

Great Product

Very user friendly

Very user friendly

Pros

Easy to use, is easy tp customize to our agency need,

Cons

ability to change transactions once created and posted to the General Ledger

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Easier to use and customize

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

It adjusted better to our company needs
Theresa
Theresa

QuickBooks Nonprofit

Reviewed on 2019/09/01

Pros

Could not do my job without it. QuickBooks is easy and intuitive to use, and it's easy to fix or undo mistakes. I can't imagine doing the bookkeeping any other way. Since it is so widely used, there are plenty of classes and tutorials available. I love the specific nonprofit features, such as classes.

Cons

Still impossible to do true fund accounting with Quickbooks. We use classes for each program and subclasses for each project, which is a lot of work but is necessary to properly track our employees' time. Producing a correct balance sheet by class is technically possible but very difficult and prone to error.

Response from Intuit

Sharing the workload to make your job easier is our goal, Theresa! We think it's awesome you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for all of your bookkeeping needs and that we've been a key component of your day to day business life. To learn tips and tricks on how other non-profit organizations are getting the most out of the software, we recommend checking out the Community: https://community.intuit.com/

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Kimani
Kimani
  • Industry: Accounting

A burst of contentment in matters Accounting

Reviewed on 2023/11/07

With QuickBooks Online Advanced I can reconcile all accounts in minutes

With QuickBooks Online Advanced I can reconcile all accounts in minutes

Pros

Iam a happy user of QuickBooks Online Advanced. It is a pocket friendly tool and I amazes me with the much I use it for yet at a reasonable cost. Also it was soo easy to adopt and absolutely easy to use. It is reliable and flexible that it allows me access financial books from my smartphone anytime anywhere. It is also easy to track cashflows through creation and sending of quotes and invoices to get paid instantly. And sales tracking and expenses and receipt sorting which are all in one place. Creating financial reports therefore become soo easy and accurate

Cons

No errors, just a blend of incredible financial reporting functionalities that I enjoy

Maribeth
  • Industry: Law Practice

Rpbust application for all levels of accounting knowledge.

Reviewed on 2023/11/15

I came to my current position with a working knowledge of the QuickBooks process. I had prior experience entering data. The layout, checks and balances, and support features have allowed me educate myself on the accounting process. The support offerings are broad. There is technical support, accounting support, and the flexibility and capacity for getting even the most unique transaction.

Pros

The biggest feature for me is the ability of the application to recieve General Ledger imports from our practice platform. (LEAP) Prior to setting this feature up with LEAP, I was entering data twice. With the import process the accuracy of my transactions is seamless.

Cons

The only thing I can say would be continuing to have feature suggestions after I have indicated we don't wish to use, regardless of whether it is a direct QBOA or third party. It is possible that I have the ability to control that but I haven't found it yet.