Jive

Interactive intranet and collaboration hub for business.

Overall a good product but could use better customer service.

Reviewed on 2017/12/28

Pros

The UX/UI for the end user is very good. I conduct training for all of our new hires and they find it easy to use and navigate. Several different options allow for some customization of "places" and the admin console is quite robust in terms of permissions, email notifications, and news feed structure. The free mobile app functions as a great extension of the web app. They seem to be on the verge of greatness in terms of fine-tuning what they current offer and expanding into new features.

Cons

When we first started using Jive about 3 years ago, the customer service was pretty good, but since it was acquired, the new focus seems to be less on keeping their previously good customer service and more on pushing current customers to upgrade (and spend more money). While they may still be transitioning due to the acquisition, I get the sense that Jive could be really great only if they stop treating their customers like prospects with a lot of extra money in their budgets to spend on upgrades and consultant fees, and start providing the same level of customer service.

Wolf W.

Good value but could use work

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

We were using Truly before and although the call quality was not as consistent, I preferred the interface. Much cleaner and minimal.

Pros

As far as call quality goes, it has been great. Very consistent. Have not had any issues with it. Pretty intuitive to use.

Cons

I don't like having to manually dial in a number to enter a queue and to call again to leave the queue to set your availability. There should be a more automated way of doing this. Sometimes, it will disconnect me from the queue. I wish I had quick and easy visibility as to when I'm connected or disconnected.

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

good for collaboration

Reviewed on 2019/11/29

Pros

can connect and collaborate with my team and other teams easily and build central location to search for any knowledge base we need.

Cons

some adding and plugins has issues and not working as expected, the middleware servers for the addons are not stable

Jyostna S.

Jive has always been a wonderful experiences mainly with its easy UI

Reviewed on 2017/11/02

upgrade opportunity

Pros

-Business teams best friend
-Graphs and UI looks great and easily adaptable
- Lot of new features and ease of use

Cons

-Pretty less cons , some times getting the support (exact) took time, otherwise great product at handy use

Juan N.

It has some functionalities that are good but in general I'm still struggling to adopt it

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Pros

The file sharing and types of file you can upload is good, for example pdf files can be viewed directly in the page without downloading it, the control of groups and content it can be created per section and security for it is good.

Cons

The mobile app is not friendly, comparing it with other major players there are lots of missing features, is not easy to use sometimes. I did not like it very much.

Jason H.

Great all-around platform for our employee social network

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

Jive has been our enterprise-wide platform for several years and offers many ways for us to share important information. It is easy to update and publish content to keep everyone informed. Very good overall platform!

Kimberly G.

Loved Jive!

Reviewed on 2016/11/21

I used a Jive based community at a previous company. It was great and wonderful way to communicate and collaborate with colleagues in such a large company.

Mariam B.

Not as good as the App

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Pros

Everything I need is somehow here, but the app feels more useful and little added value on the desktop version.

Cons

It might be more with the content than the software, not a lot that I want to spend more than a minute on.

Needs Tons of Governance

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

A lot of the issues with this system may be experienced with most intranet services of its kind, but it's important to keep in mind. If you're going to implement Jive, especially at a large enterprise, it's important to have strong governance rules from the start regarding versioning of content, and who is allowed to upload content and where. People in my organization frequently complain that it's hard to find what they are looking for.

Pros

It's quite easy to upload content to Jive, and I find it useful for finding individuals in my organization

Cons

This system quickly becomes a mess without proper governance. It's highly open-ended, which can be great, but in a large organization the system can quickly become loaded with content and it's hard to find what you need quickly, and to know if it's up-to-date. I find the alerts a bit clunky as well.

Bassem A.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Jive - Work in Progress

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

Pros

Jive offers our firm an easy and convenient means of communication, documentation, and support. The platform has a lot of different features for page setups.

Cons

It does require a bit of a learning curve to put the website together. It does also require some thought on the creator's behalf as to how to provide easy access to the users.

Ben B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Potential

Reviewed on 2017/08/28

Pros

Enabled use away from the office and made it easy to be able to call between staff members. Forwarding phones at click of a button

Cons

Reporting features werent fantastic on call duration and to what numbers.. The remote phone feature worked great sometimes and not on others

Sasha O.

Jump, Jive, and ...

Reviewed on 2016/10/12

I enjoy using Jive at my company. I find all the functionalities and features to be very welcoming, easy to use, and not cumbersome. Also, I feel if there is something we want to do, it is possible. There is not a lot of limitations, which makes it a great fit for my company. Also enjoy the ability to use social tools inside the program. Makes it quite appealing to millenials!

Quoc H.

Great For Connection With Other Co-Workers, But Has Its Faults

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

Jive is a great tool for social collaboration. I love using it to communicate with other co-workers in the organization. However, it has its faults. It is not great for managing documents, and I wish there was a way to force co-workers to subscribe to the space.

Cami K.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Good product, and great customer service

Reviewed on 2016/12/09

There are always wants when it comes to customized software, but most companies just write you off when you have met your budget or end of a contract. Jive customer service is second to Sauce Labs for listening to the customer. They joke around with you and become a friendly customer service. Their software is like a company Facebook for our corporate account. It's a social place where we can share content. Jive has been able to help our company share and live to stream our content that is easy enough for that lady that's been in our company for 35 years that refuses to upgrade her IE8 browser. It's simple where the image or spot that someone would assume where something would be. I highly recommend them. They do have their downfalls in their search, however. Previously powered by GSA, but since changing away from them it causes our biggest complaint within the company. If tags aren't used on the document or you don't know the exact title or phrasing you have a hard time finding ideal content.

Pros

3rd party company varieties to add-on, UI, and customer service

Cons

Search engine

Good tool for intranet site or internal wiki

Reviewed on 2017/12/15

Improved collaboration, and once it had been adopted widely across the company, the internal site we built using it became a must-visit destination each day because it made it easy to quickly see what's going on around our large company.

Pros

Used for an internal company site, Jive is a simple, user-friendly tool to allow employees to easily collaborate and communicate in their work and other initiatives. I've also found it's very handy for the sharing of documents, and the ability to limit visibility of those documents where necessary is a definite plus.

Cons

There is not much to dislike once you get used to it, which doesn't take long. The only place in which I've found it can be a little buggy is my personal feed of updates I'm following in my inbox, which does not always mark items as read when I want it to.

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

OK product let down by weak features & poor support

Reviewed on 2020/08/16

Poor account management, poor support.

Pros

Good search function. Well laid out structure. Excellent Office integration for file control

Cons

terrible support. Extracting data is hard/slow. Lack of development with no major features for years. SImple expected features not native such as polls. Very little third party add-in support

Amber L.

Best VOIP Phone Service Ever!

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

My overall experience has been great. Everything works as expected and as it should. No complaints

Pros

No dropped calls, no cracked voices no issues with caller not hearing me but I can hear them. The customer service is awesome! They will log onto my computer to show me how to do something if I am having issues figuring something out. They are committed to helping me until a resolution is reached.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about this software. I have hardly had any issues but any issues o have had they have been able to resolve for me.

• Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

A super wiki in a social media cloak.

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Pros

When I started using this I saw the fact that you could link anything to anything from a search function. e.g. Post a blog and in their link it to a page for from a page link to a discussion. Then with the outlook plugin, you could have discussions directly from outlook and it had nice integration with word and excel.

Cons

At the time when I was using the default space/area setting was the social media one where I found having a document opening in the first-page work much better for most people.

Glen C.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

We use jive for customer communities.

Reviewed on 2016/12/11

We have our communities on Jive. They are ok but I feel they could refine some features. We have a robust community and it manages it well.

Pros

Relatively easy to use. Good layout and easy to customize.

Cons

Some features seem like they can be refined. If I'm reading posts it's hard to see which ones I've read.

Jason A.

Vast but not intuitive

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

Many features. Great place to keep up to date info. Our department has a very organized space full of great resources that we can direct employees to.

Cons

outages are very inconvenient. New users have trouble finding things. I still don't know the difference between a space, a place and a group

Ann R.

Jive is very helpful but sometimes you are kept on hold while the issue is being researched.

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Ability to change messages and have calls picked up on cell phones.

Pros

Jive is very friendly to use and it is so easy to use. The customer representatives do a very good job.

Cons

The ability to block robo call list should have more capacity to capture calls that you do not wish to receive.

Denis W.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Comprehensive excellence.

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

I am CEO (owner) of a creative solutions development and process management company. Our primary phone service is hand held. JIVE provides continuity in our professional communications providing consistent client communication 24 x 7.

Pros

Quick and easy contract (service) purchase and install. Reasonable pricing cost. Multiple phone equipment options (purchased separately with Jive) for multiple office locations. Desktop equipment is excellent with perfect connectivity and sound quality. Any questions we have raised are answered professionally and quickly.

Cons

It seems odd to have desktop phones after 100 percent service via individual hand held phones. JIVE, however, solves that issue.

Krishna teja N.

Good tool

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

Best for documenting things
table and code highlighting
Formatting is good.
but lagging some features

Cons

Things get carried if when we are not creating.
Support for text-based feature for modification and writing docs easily like .md

Alyssa K.

Great Value for all the features!

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

Pros

-The dashboard is easy to navigate
-Onboarding was very straight forward
-Sales team was great and very accommodating
-Spam protection!
-Got to keep my numbers from other company

Cons

-Took a few days to fix a problem with my sign up, and needed to be passed to 2 other people to fix it.

Linda H.

No desktop app

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

When calling support, frequent long hold times. When using online support, they refer you to the phone support then end the conversation. Their webinar is geared toward the Admin, no to the user

Pros

It seems to work well for meetings where you want to share audio and video

Cons

No desktop app so you have to log in when you use it. It doesn't work with Internet Explorer. Seems cumbersome to send/receive fax but haven't actually used this feature yet as it is not currently available