Optmyzr Reviews

Optmyzr

Tools for PPC Pros

4.7/5 (157 reviews)
Daniel O.

Optymyzr has been a great assistant to my PPC management and client management strategy

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

- Tools like the QS tracker, report designer, Shopping campaign builder, AB testing for ads, PPC investigator and Traffic Sculptor are not even available in AdWords. Having functionality above the standard UI gives PPC managers using Optymyzr an advantage over ones that dont. This feels great and clients love it too.
- Otymyzr helps me identify problem areas in an account faster. Usually I would have to crawl through data in the standard AdWords interface but the Dashboard & PPC investigator help me to reach a strategy much faster than looking through data manually.
- Absolutely love the reporting. I've been using this on almost every account daily. The reporting lets me manage client expectations much easier and get better feedback from my client base. Extremely impressed with the functionality of this. Pulling assisted conversion data from Analytics into an AdWords report is a game changer. Clients love to see this information.

Cons

- After any changes are uploaded I don't like how the tool only gives you the option to re-load or go to the dashboard. Due to the load times I find this slows down my tasks.
- I don't like how every tool auto-loads when you open it before I have a chance to select the filters and settings I want to use. I find that often I end up reloading the Keyword lasso multiple times after opening it before I get the settings I want and this slows down the tasks.
- I don't like how the Shopping Campaign Builder creates new ad groups if the product titles have changed. I like to layout shopping using one ad group per product ID and the product titles change often. It would be great to have a tool like the product group refresher that renames ad groups as the product titles update at the merchant centre level. To my knowledge this feature is not available through Optymyzr. Example, we have an ad group named "Mens Brown Shoes (ID2542)". A few days later this gets updated in the merchant centre to "Mens Leather Brown Shoes(ID2542)". Now in my shopping campaign the AD group still reads "Mens Brown Shoes" even thought the title has been updated.

Richard C.

An excellent piece of software that saves us lots of time when managing our paid search clients

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

Time saved, increased accuracy, helps with client retention

Pros

The functionality of Optmyzr is excellent - saving lots of time when maintaining paid search clients. While it's great for small clients, where it really comes into its own is with large clients that have tens of thousands of ad groups. It does all of the hard work when trying to keep an eye on the basics such as negative keywords, non-converting keywords, bids and bid adjustments. Optmyzr also has some great functionality when it comes to maintaining Adwords shopping campaigns.

Cons

The interface is a little bit clunky at times and not always consistent - adding keywords and adding negative keywords, for example, look very similar but work completely differently. Also, the functionality for Bing accounts is quite limited compared to Adwords.

Response from Optmyzr

Thanks for the review Richard!

We're working on bringing our Bing capabilities closer to those for AdWords but if there are specific tools you want us to fast track, let us know which ones.

Agreed on the interface not always being consistent. I think it's partly because we build workflows to solve very specific optimization strategies and that sometimes means a completely different layout works best. That said, we're actively working on making things as consistent as possible to make it easier to learn how to use Optmyzr.

Heather H.

Best Software for Optimizing Adwords and Bing

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Been using it and watching it grow for years. Fast, Easy and updated often; I save a LOT of time and money with this software. Have never had to contact support. Alerts, when my conversions or spend is trending down, are amazing.

Pros

Great Software, actually created by the man who built most of Google Adwords Scripting Ability so it can do what others can't. Also, the value for the money is great, it is not based on how much you spend. Other systems I have used are expensive and do not help or will actually make your ads run WORSE to make you spend more money (so they can just bill you more! -aka wordstream)

Cons

The Bing side needs more, but I understand Microsoft has tight restrictions and not a lot of APIs. But the problem is that the options are there to optimize, but only 3 of them work. If you don't have the software working on the other optimizations then just take them out instead of making me test it to see if its working every day.

Oleg E.

Absolute time saver

Reviewed on 2016/05/19
Review Source

A great account management optimization toolset, which evolves all the time. To pick some of the features not found in tools of this price range, the Quality Score tracker and A/B -testing tool are worth the price tag alone.

In addition to that you've got an excellent graph-based tool for Day of Week bid modifiers (huge benefit, huge time saver) and now they're bringing Single Keyword per Ad Group search term addition. If you are results-driven, have enough data and know your way around AdWords, there's no question this tool will be a valuable addition and a huge time saver. Frederyk (the founder) is ex-Google and is very knowledgeable, so you know all the tools dig to the bottom of things and there really are no irrelevant parts to this tool.

Pros

- historical QS tracker down to keyword level (now with QS elements tracking)
- A/B -testing tool for ads with different comparison metrics (not just CTR)
- extensive script library should you need them (e.g. campaign building from spreadsheet)
- upcoming SKAG support
- simple and fast
- Analytics reporting
- focuses on the most important aspects of AdWords optimization and does it very well, while leaving you in charge of the final decision

Cons

- very small accounts won't benefit much: the more data, the more time you save and the more this tool becomes a necessity. It really shines when you go 500-1000+ ads/keywords/etc
- report tool a bit clunky and not very customizable for our needs (however. this is subjective, as we need more language customization). This is not Optmyzrs main feature, however, so this is definitely not a deal breaker.

Response from Optmyzr

Thanks for the review! For the smaller accounts, you should try the Turbo Mode in the optimizations. We're also making reporting better :-)

Michael B.

Saves PPC Managers A Fair Amount of Time

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Generally speaking, Optymzr is inexpensive, and worth a recommendation, but more so for smaller accounts and managers with less experience under their belt who need a tool to handle a wide variety of things. Just don't expect everything to instantly be a homerun. Optymzr requires hand holding.

Pros

The Optymzr devs are former Googlers from what I know, and understand the pain points of working with Google Ads, and what needs to happen to make those workflows easier. Shopping functionality to refresh feeds and optimize are great, and quality score tracking are useful. The reporting module is nice, and better than many in the space. Traffic Sculpter is nice for people who have complicated structures and large accounts.

Cons

Dayparting features don't look at how your dayparting is set up currently, and instead overwrites. This is a clear miss for the software, and can actually make you mess your accounts up if you expect it to care how you have things set up. Certain features are more focused on "new to adwords" individuals like workouts. Rules are somewhat outdated with the advent of smart bidding in engine. Other bidding related items also fall prey to google's improving first party solutions.

7.0/10
David n J.

Everything I need to optimize my clients' campaigns. Priceless!

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Optmyzr allows my team and I to optimize every aspect of our campaigns with speed and consistency. We use it to adjust bids, budgets and to optimize bid adjustments by the hour, by the device and by location. It allows us to increase clicks, reduce CPC, and increase client conversions. Optmyzr should be in every advertiser's toolkit.

Pros

Optmyzr is very easy to use with powerful tools that save me a ton of time when it comes to optimizing client campaigns. Their support is second to none and they are always releasing new features and making the UI better and better. I've been using Optmyzr for a couple of years now and I can't imagine not using them. They make me look good!

Response from Optmyzr

This review really makes me smile because it's great to hear when we hit the nail on the head with our software and played a small part in helping make a company more successful. Thanks!

Carrie E.

Good overall. We like the pro dashboard and ease of tracking budgets as well as the scripts.

Reviewed on 2017/11/13

Better optimization for our AdWords accounts and it has saved a tremendous amount of time from a daily budget tracking perspective and optimizations.

Pros

Pro Dashboard, budget tracking, budget scripts, check destination scripts, check sitelink scripts, account alerts, account workouts.

Cons

On the account workouts / tools for example "First page bridger" it doesn't find all of them. I will go over to Adwords and there will be several more that weren't loaded in Optmyzr. I feel that may be the same way for Keyword lasso etc. I just am not 100% that it is grabbing everything.

Response from Optmyzr

Thanks for the review Carrie! We really appreciate your business and that you are taking the time to share your experience!

Our algorithms for tools like the Keyword Lasso and First Page Bridger take some extra data into account that goes beyond what you'd be able to see directly on the AdWords site so that may be why you see a difference. Our goal is to provide you only with the most relevant suggestions and we'll definitely continue to refine our algorithms based on feedback like this.

Xurxo V.

PPC optimizations on steroids

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Optmyzr has made a significant difference in the amount of time our team of experts spend on managing and optimization Google Ads and Bing Ads accounts. This software truly is a swiss army knife of PPC.

It is indispensable as a resource and well worth the investment. The team behind the tool are industry experts themselves who were part of the engineering team behind the Google AdWords platform. So they are well positioned to offer Paid Media experts a tool that accelerates PPC performance.

Pros

Leverages machine learning to speed up finding an applying optimizations to your Google Ads and Bing Ads accounts.
Customer service is top-notch and there is constant innovation happening to make the tool more powerful.
This tool allows me and my team to save tons of time in finding an applying optimizations to the benefit of our clients.

Cons

This tool is not for the novice user as a lot of the optimizations require a fair amount of knowledge to gauge whether all recommendations will benefit the accounts.

Yiğit K.

Great experience from Ex-Googler founders know behind of scenes of Adwords Algorithms

Reviewed on 2017/11/02

Better Adwords optimization.
Saving more money on my client accounts.
Great support & Adwords scripts.

Pros

Account workout module works great. Just 15 mins help you to keep up with all changes need to be made.
I love QS tracker! I can see all Quality Score changes in campaign / adset level by separating on 3 different factors. So, you can see the spaces where needs your attention.
This is missing part of Google Adwords Opportunities module and really excited to see more ML-AI related optimization ideas.

Cons

UI/UX still can be improved. Advanced API integration is must for smaller packages too.
The optimization module, mainly focusing on optimizing current account - why not to add new modules for creating a new account structure too.

Response from Optmyzr

Thanks for reviewing us Yigit! We will have a tool for creating new search campaign structures by the end of 2017. For shopping campaigns, we already have great tools for building the structure and for keeping it in sync with the merchant center data.

We're always excited to be able to work with great agencies like ZEO and learn how we can do even more to make managing PPC easier and more profitable.

Subash B.

Powerful, Time-Saving & Reasonably Priced

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

It saved me lotsa time & money - makes repeated analysis available in a click.

Pros

One-click optimization, workouts for campaign optimization with customizable workflows, scripts, budget management, alerts, quality score management, etc - everything a PPC Manager needs in one package with a very affordable flat price - no % fee on spends.

Cons

It's a powerful tool - it will take time to build your familiarity & get the best out of it. Of course, the team does an introductory one on one with you to take you through the features - but this tool definitely not for a novice. The features on Bing are very very limited. The general user interface can be improved - looks a bit dated & clunky at times especially with large account pagination issues crop up.

Response from Optmyzr

Thanks for the review! We just added a lot of new Bing Ads features so hopefully that brings it closer to what you would expect. We also continue to work on our interface to try and hit the right balance between ease-of-use and efficiency for managing lots of accounts. I agree with you that we are primary a solution for PPC Experts.

If we can help with anything, let us know!

Mike F.

Optmyzr the Swiss Army Knife of PPC Tools

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Great support from smart folks.

The reps and Optmyzr are expert and generous marketers who never stop helping.

Pros

- Pricing is a bargain compared to competitors
-Great keyword de-duping feature
- Quality Score Analysis Including account, campaign, ad group and keyword scores.
- Fast Optimization tools can save hours
- The Cause Report and Root Cause Analysis helps you understand what forces are impacting results
- The ad testing function is very useful and precise
- A very large collection of Google Scripts
- Reporting offers many options and can help sabe time too.

Cons

There was really noting I did not like.

I don't think phone support is included but the answer emails very quickly.

Dan andrè L.

Optmyzr - your best friend in ppc-management

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

This software has made my tasks as a pcc account manager at an agency a lot easier and it is a nice companion to help out in raising any concerns that may arise in any pcc-account. It works really well for basic optimization tasks and also has some really powerful features.

Pros

A very intuitive and easy to use ppc-management tool. I am using this daily to keep track of the accounts I manage and save lots of time doing optimizations since Optmyzr has the suggestions ready for me, while I just have to engage them with a few clicks.

It also makes scripts in Google Ads accounts easy by letting you define some rules and the script is generated for you, ready to be used in your account.

Cons

There is nothing in particular I would single out as negative. I have still not managed to deep-dive into all the features and some sections require you to define some rules to get the data you want.

Kenji C.

My Review of Optmyzr

Reviewed on 2019/06/26

not very good to be honest. I've been a customer for a year or more? I can't remember. The only thing I use your site for is the Optmyzr Express, which I'll add new relevant keywords but most of the times I noticed they are searches in my category that usually misspelled a word or something. Some keywords are good add ons but get very little impressions which I'll have to move to it's own group later on. Then I'll notice that recommended keyword will be back in the recommended option again. It's like a never ending loop, I've done this so many times. I add it, then move it, then delete it, then it's back in the que to add in again. The other features like the gender adjustment or the device bid adjustments are nice touch but sometimes I feel they are way off the mark so I don't even use them now.

If I can make a suggestion, you should have weekly group webinars helping people on different discussions. If you do have them, I have never heard about it, but it's free for you and it will help us greatly. Perhaps have an option for private one on one sessions with screen sharing so we can see what you describe. I would say most subscriptions I have like, Ahref, BrightLocal, BuzzStream, Tidio, YouCanBookMe, SpyFu, etc...(there are plenty more I'm signed up with) offer some type of makeover on the dashboard or add new features but have an article to describe how to use that new tool or feature, or they have a video talking about it.. I don't see any of that stuff for you guys.

Pros

Scripts are very helpful.
Dashboard is very nice when all accounts are displayed with their spent level.
Oprmyzr Express Is Good

Cons

Not user friendly
Complex (even for a seasoned SEO/PPC guy who has a lot of other subscriptions!)
No real guidance of any sort
No good articles/blogs about the industry and how your tools can help
No videos explaining how to use the new features or tools. If you do have them, they are probably buried on your YouTube channel, but it should be on your homepage or even a link on the dashboard.
The little message that says, "You just saved 45 minutes" is ridiculous, most times it's something very small that I did and suddenly I just saved an hour, it's very exaggerated...

3.0/10

Optmyzr has allowed me to do alone in Search and Shopping what requires a team of 10+ or an agency.

Reviewed on 2017/11/10

Pros

Ease of use compared to other larger platforms like Kenshoo or Marin. The support team is incredible and the founder knows PPC inside and out and is happy to share his knowledge. This company goes above and beyond and continues to improve.

Cons

While this software is unbeatable for the price for top-down management and analysis...it doesn't really have the capability for bulk ad changes or keyword changes yet. I'm happy to use Adwords Editor for that type of work though so overall I'm very pleased with Optmyzr.

Response from Optmyzr

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the kind words!

We are indeed not the best option for standard bulk changes like those that the AdWords Editor is really good at. To keep our prices reasonable, we try to build workflows that are hard to do in Google's own tools so let us know if there's anything related to bulk ad or keyword changes that we could build to make your life easier. We actually have a really cool bulk ad script that works together with the Editor to make bulk changes to seasonal ads or time sensitive promotions.

Chris P.

Great Software and Exceptional Support

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

It enables me to manage a wide range of clients to a very high standards. It does everything I need very well and whilst I have tried other services, Optmyzr gets my choice.

Pros

Wide range of functionality
Regular updates and innovation
Time saver
I can offer a much better service to more clients
Support team highly talented and responsive

Cons

Interface is a little dated but the functionality makes this an insignificant issue

Chris H.

The Best PPC Tools On The Market

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

Optmyzr has had the same effect on my business that doubling my workforce would have. Optmyzr has allowed me to manage campaigns at scale and deliver results far quicker than any other tool I have ever used.

Pros

Optmyzr has more than doubled the efficiency of my team. The staff at Optmyzr are fantastic and are happy to develop the tool based on feedback from myself and my team. Optmyzr has been a game changer since I discovered it a few years ago.

Cons

I currently use an external tool for Feed management. It would be great if Optmyzr could integrate a feed management tool into its arsenal.

Bruno F.

Optmyzr is one of the most important tools we have at the agency.

Reviewed on 2017/11/11

It has helped us get better insights into how our campaigns run as well as scaling up our output.

Pros

We've been using Optmyzr for almost three years, and I can't say enough good things about it. The stack of tools offered under a single platform is nothing short of phenomenal. It's instrumental in helping our business grow and in training our analysts as well. It's such a time saver. The support we get from the team is best in class as well.

Cons

The only issue we have at the moment is that Optmyzr is not meant for optimizing more than one account at a time. If you have a client who has multiple AdWords accounts, you'll have to budget pace and manage them one by one. A portfolio solution would be highly recommended.

Response from Optmyzr

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Bruno and for being a long-time customer!

I'll add multi-account budget pacing to our roadmap. We can already do budget optimization across multiple accounts. I'll email you the instructions to access this experimental feature.

Great software that helps me manage multiple accounts effectively

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

A great overview of the state of my ppc accounts plus fantastic insights very quickly which leaves me time to optimse rather than prep the data.

Pros

The overview is the best feature for me. At a glance I can see key metrics for all my accounts and quickly identify any potential issues without spending a huge amount of time filtering data.

Cons

The software itself is fantastic. I am a little disappointed that the basic package is no longer available meaning that you have to get your client base to a certain level to be able to access this tool. This tool could help people with low number of clients grow their client base and then scale up their subscription. I do not feel in terms of pricing, it supports the independent ppc manager as much.

Kenji C.

Great Service for PPC Users

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

Very good, even though this is one of the biggest expense I have in my arsenal of tools, I feel it's worth it because of the results it achieves for my client's PPC accounts. I've seen great improvement in all of their results, their CPC and gaining new quality keywords. I also noticed my Quality Score is VERY high now, most of them are around the 7 to 9 (out of 10!) score which is great. The A/B testing is a nice feature too.

Pros

Optmyzr Express - one page, you can go through all the recommendations for all of your accounts very easily. Great customer service, usually respond same day with any of your questions.

Cons

Ease of use...I think it could be designed so that it's easier to use functions. I'm very tech savy so I understand a lot of it, but there are features that I still don't get too, even after taking the UDEMY class or going on YouTube and even with training, some features are just too confusing and I feel it could be easier by design.

Joey H.

Invaluable Tools & Insight At Your Fingertips

Reviewed on 2018/11/09

Optmyzr gives me critical insights it would otherwise take me endless hours to uncover so I can get our clients more conversions & better conversions at a better price. It allows me to optimize ad spend, analyze ad performance, and uncover opportunities to improve ad copy, bidding, and more. It also makes it super easy to run and manage scripts across all client accounts. And I haven't even mentioned other tools like the hour of week bidder, quality score analysis, or the rules engine. It's giving me the insight and tools I need to identify campaign weaknesses and give our clients the best value.

Pros

Optmyzr gives you the perfect blend of automation tools and campaign insights to truly optimize your ad campaigns. It saves you a ton of time by streamlining many tedious tasks while still leaving you in control. So many tools to love, it's hard to pick one.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about it so far. Because it leaves you in control and features many valuable tools that accomplish much, it does come with a learning curve that may be larger or smaller, depending on previous knowledge and experience. That being said, I have found it easy to get going with key tools like account workouts, keyword lasso, negative keyword finder, conversion grabber & others while I get acclimated with the rest.

Sean C.

Great tool with expanding features

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/25

Very favorable sales and service experience. I highly recommend this tool over others in the space. It works well for our team of 5 paid specialists.

Pros

This is the paid marketers dream tool. It really helps a small team keep on top of lots of accounts. We have barely touched the full capability of the suite of tools. They have done a good job of informing us of upgrades and improvements to the suite and of the amount of effort/time our team saves on a daily/weekly basis. The dashboarding has been a great way to save time while getting a overview of the 50+ accounts we manage.

Cons

It is not the most intuitive for those not in the know of paid marketing. You need to understand what you are doing, or what you want to do. So don't give this tool to the un-initiated they could get themselves in trouble quickly.

David J.

Save Time, Increase Conversions

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

I'm the VP of Paid Media for a large digital agency. We use Optmyzr to increase the effectiveness of the campaigns we run for our clients.

Pros

There aren't many software packages out that there will both save you time and make you money, this is one of them! I've been doing paid search for over 10 years now and I have yet to come across anything like Optmyzr. It's easy to use, powerful, and always raising the bar.

Cons

This is hard. I can't think of anything that I don't like.

Edward V.

Great experience with rich useful features that allow us to improve campaign perf.

Reviewed on 2017/06/21

Pros

Optmyzr is lightweight and easy to use. I can get in and find what I am looking for quickly and then optimize the campaigns intuitively with the tools supplied.

By far my favorite tools are for shopping campaign optimization. The attribute bidding tool is fantastic. What great time savings. Just learning about the GrIP structure was valuable for us.

Cons

I would like to see Bing optimization options available for our accounts.

Also for reporting it would be nice to have month over month reporting options with % difference measurement for conversions, cost, etc. These are minor gripes though.

Philip C.

'Must Have' Software For Adwords Optimization

Reviewed on 2015/12/19
Review Source

As a growing Adwords Management Agency, Optmyzer not only saves over 15 hours of report analysis every week - it helps me make decisions that make people money.

The software is intuitive and easy to use. It's also customizes reports easily and allows me to send fantastic reports to clients. New features, tools, and delightful upgrades come regularly.

I wanted an affordable tool that would help me analyze data, make decisions, and grow accounts effectively - and Optmyzer has done all of these things and more with flying colors.

Pros

- Support staff is second to none! They are fast, knowledgeable, and professional. Great team over there!
- They have automatic optimizations for every part of your account that are unbelievable.
- Reporting features with the ability to integrate with Google Analytics help with having something the our customers can easily read and understand.
- My favorite is the account analysis section that has all kinds of reports - both visual and numeric that allow you to really play with the data in any way that you want.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints. Not a one. Even the price is unbelievably affordable.

Response from Optmyzr

Thanks for great review! We've got some cool new time-saving features in the works for 2016 so we hope we'll continue to earn your praise!

Exceptional Experience for Premier Google Partner

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Pros

Speed of AdWords loading. Flexibility in reporting templates. Awesome tools for managing search terms, SKAGs, negatives etc. Works very well for an agency.

Cons

Perhaps Bing speed is a bit slow sometimes.

Response from Optmyzr

Thanks for the review! Sorry about Bing being slow, it's often their API but we're working on some tricks to make it work faster. You may be interested in Optmyzr Express, a new capability that will launch soon where all the recommendations are cached so they will load faster.