Yammer Reviews

Enterprise Social Network (ESN) to connect and communicate

4/5 (273 reviews)

A Great Means to an End

Reviewed on 11/24/2018

Yammer has been so amazing at allowing the freelance workforce to come together and really discuss current issues and information about the work. Otherwise, we'd all be so isolated and unable to work together to enhance the finished product of transcripts. That information share is so, so important to not only get the best work to the client, but also to learn more and advance individually in the field. It links me to fellow transcriptionists and gives the human contact that makes up a huge portion of actually being to tolerate long hours of work. So thumbs-up, Yammer.

Pros

I use Yammer to link to fellow employees of Transcribeme. So far, Yammer has been extremely easy to navigate and I have not seen any glitches during my two years working with it. Yammer uses columns to organize your different feeds which helps with clarity. In a quick sweep of my feed, I can see the app directory, any new activity in all my groups, suggested managment or key team members to follow on Yammer, etc. It allows me to get live updates fast and easy so that I always know what is happening with the company I freelance transcribe for.

I like that Yammer allows each company to tailor it's virtual work atmosphere to it's own needs. When I became a freelance transcriptionist, I was really worried about the isolation that comes with the online work. Yammer, though, seems to have completely changed that for me and the rest of the Transcribeme team, I think. Easy information share and very socially oriented, Yammer is a great app for the work-at-home crowd.

Cons

All the positives said, I think Yammer could work on it's design. Maybe it needs some modern touches and perhaps more social features. An amazing app that brings work-at-home people together could always do with more social features ie. a live-chat feature, customizable themes, more inviting interface because it's really important to catch the attention of freelancers so that they are more apt to frequent the site.

7.0/10

Good content sharing tool which is underutilized because there are a lot of alternatives

Reviewed on 4/15/2019

Yammer has helped us reduce the number of intracompany emails and also reduced the number of meetings since we all can collaborate within it.

Pros

Yammer is like a social media tool for workers in my company to interact with each other. We tried it out in 2016 and we never looked back. Company update can be sent to all members just like using an email, while documents, images and videos can be shared within it. It is cheap, sign up is free and have good customer support. You can easily join a group or create a group depending on what you want.
Yammer helped me find information and get help by reading articles that were written by experts on difficult jobs within the organization. I only have to search for it.
Yammer made me more productive with timely useful conversations and interaction from my colleague across the company best hands. I could also easily see what is happening within the organization at all times because of the synchronized updates. I can use yammer even when am out of the office because of their Android app.
Additionally, Yammer works very well with office 365 which is not a surprise since it is built by Microsoft.

Cons

Yammer is too strict on 3rd party adverts within their platform.
It is not widely popular and people just tend to disregard it.
The learning curve for yammer use to be very low but recent additions and innovations somehow made it a bit steep for newbies.
yammer work more like a social media platform rather a corporate tool with the many innovations been added to it
The interface is too rigid for my liking. (personal dislike but my colleagues absolutely loved it)

A Unique Blend of Social and Business Collaboration Platform

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 4/10/2019

I think my overall experience with Yammer is functional - yet, under-utilized. It provides and interesting social space within the hustle and bustle of a business world. I think some organizations can pull this integration off - but it is difficult. Yammer is built in a way that should increase collaboration and alleviate location based barriers for working teams. However, Yammer can fall into the potential pitfall of diving too far into a social trends over creating cross-functional teams. Therefore, in the end, I see a lot of promise in the tool - with quite of bit work left to go.

Pros

Yammer does a really nice job of offering a social platform for workers to interact with other across the company. I work in a large organization and Yammer is a tool that I use to interact with my business cohort across the country. I have really enjoyed the opportunity to add individuals to your connections, find like-minded groups, and share documents for others to review. I have tried using Yammer for various uses and have largely found it beneficial for keeping up with co-workers in off-site locations.

Cons

I think Yammer can fall a little too far into the social category for a business. I have often felt like the platform veers too far into a social media tool rather than a business collaboration platform. The user experience feels very similar to Facebook and often is difficult to differentiate it from other social platforms. I have had other experiences with other business tools that seems to pull this off a bit better than Yammer. From my experience, other business professionals realize this and stay away.

6.0/10

Pleasant way to interact in a network of internal professional use.

Reviewed on 5/8/2019

Under the first stage of implementation, its execution was very free, with the familiarization of the community of users with the service, controls were established to improve security and implement a more reliable use of each user to connect the internal information of the organization in a effective.

Pros

I was impressed by the ease of implementation and use, it is very easy to become familiar with the platform and its wide options to manage the communications and connections of the working groups within the organization, the experience in open communication with my colleagues strengthens decision making and the fast correction of each project under very simple methods to communicate directly, from any device flows correctly and presents a reliable platform to share relevant information of the company without any risk.

Cons

The visual aspect is very similar to other social networks, that seems to me that it reduces its interest in the creative and dynamic field, being a platform with a basic visual aspect in which the most advanced professional connections are somewhat limited in very precise cases, it does not have complementary tools for monitoring groups and statistics.

7.0/10

Specialty specific physician message board

Reviewed on 7/24/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Provides an easy to use platform for communication and sharing. The relatively limited feature set keeps interacting with Yammer a straight forward experience. For our purposes Yammer provides a great substitute for the "Doctor's Lounge" that our physicians miss since we are a much larger organization than just a few years ago. Physicians can, in physician only environments, discuss patient cases and ask for advice and referrals to other specialists from a much larger community of their peers than are available at their physical location.

Cons

Because Yammer does not seem to have all the same connections to our AD database as other applications in Office 365 getting everyone onto the platform can be challenging. Creating and managing groups can be daunting as the platform is open. Controlling the types of communication on the platform can also be difficult and channel moderators have to stay vigilant. This does mean that the platform is creating new work for those staff chosen as channel moderators, and depending on adoption and usage this can be a significant commitment of time on a regular basis.

7.0/10

It's a great program to use for a virtual office!

Reviewed on 7/30/2018

Great benefits, it's a wonderful virtual office

Pros

Yammer is a terrific way to communicate with people in your company when you don't have a traditional office setting, where employees work from different areas. You can have conversations and get up with people immediately, plus have various "buckets" to divide up work tasks, or have different networks for different departments. Uploaded and downloading is easy, and it's a repository for valuable files. To have a platform where everyone can be on the same page is invaluable. And with smart phones, pushes can allow one to be notified immediately of any update or conversation. Has similar feature to Facebook, so it's easy to learn. Again, a great virtual office!

Cons

Honestly, there are very few cons, sometimes it won't let you upload or download items, but that is a rare occasion. Sometimes the search isn't reliable.

Fabulous product for connecting people across the organization

Reviewed on 3/26/2019

Overall I am quite satisfied with Yammer, I get upto date notifications on what is going on in the company and I can reach people in different timezones quite conviniently through mobile apps.

Pros

1. Works well with Microsoft sharepoint and in general Microsoft platforms (Office 365).
2. It has a great facility of creating groups and share contents like documents, images and videos.
3. We can get notification for feeds across company regarding promotions, appreciations and milestones across group or company.
4. Specially in terms of events its quite useful to collaborate, organize and gather people from different fields or demographics accross organization.
5. It is available for mobiles too, across various Os like Andriod and IOS

Cons

There nothing such issue, in terms of usability across organization i have observed the below points

1. Sometimes many notifications can be annoying
2. In case of large conversation we might get off topic or lose track of topic.

i wont consider this as a disadvantage of software to be honest, if we have proper workflow it will be very useful.

Its a good content sharing tool

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 9/14/2018

I'm not using Yammer for a long period now, but when I did, I liked it. It has a great potential to be a content manager and a great company social media tool (communication channel).

Pros

Yammer is a complementary tool for sharing information, tutorials and documents inside an intranet. It can complement SharePoint's content management experience for a company. You can create a profile there and interact to other employees in a "social media" like tool. It has many features to create a blog, a tutorial, a wiki and many other things that can help your company to not lose knowledge as the teams keeps changing. New employees can find information and get a smaller learning curve by reading articles that more experienced people may have written on daily tasks or difficult problems that may arise.

Cons

I guess its adhesion was too low. In my company many people just don't like to use it because they don't know what is it exactly. It's such a great tool but looks like it was left aside. Maybe Microsoft could do a little marketing to help it grow and be more known by people all around the world. Maybe Microsoft Teams is more important to they...

A private social network for connected organizations.

Reviewed on 3/4/2019

An intuitive use is very positive, it generates a pleasant experience for the work environment, without a doubt it has facilitated me the aspect of communicating directly with the work teams.

Pros

A very valid option to implement a fluid communication method and with which the internal community of the organization can feel familiar and connect in a great way with colleagues, among the most outstanding aspects is its structure and functioning of a social network capable of integrating to the community of colleagues quickly in a group to share information and exchange ideas, its appearance similar to other social networks allows to implement it easily and intuitively.

Cons

In general this is well developed but I must note that sometimes you feel the need to establish controls within the groups to maintain the formal aspect in the work area, the tools to customize the interface are limited.

6.0/10

Yammer allows us a very dynamic and colaborative communication

Reviewed on 8/6/2018

I like it a lot, we've managed to get the people really involved in sharing what they're doing, problems they face, solutions they implement, their personal and team accomplishments.

Pros

First of all, its included with no additional cost on our Microsoft Ofice 365 subscriptions, so no additional expenses. It's very intuitive, nobody needs to be taught how to use it. It has a very simple feature set allowing us to improve our internal collaboration. Thre's now no excuse for not knowing what's happening in the Company. We can easily do simple polls and congratulate our colleagues for any personal o professional accomplishment or event.

Cons

Of course, everyone expected it to be a fully functional private facebook, which is not the case, there are a million Faceboo features that don't exist in Yammer, and we don't think we need them at all.
If only, a better interface for uploading bunches of pictures and organize them in albums, since right now we upload only selected pictures one at a time. Or we share links to sharepoint paths.

Great Software for File Sharing and Communicating Across Company

Reviewed on 4/2/2019

This has been a great way to connect with fellow company members worldwide. I started using this as an intern in a group of all USA interns, and now am able to connect with other employees in my business line as a full-time employee. I think this is a great platform to connect company members are provide a platform for engagement across the firm.

Pros

I like that Yammer is set up almost like a social media platform. It allows you to easily communicate with various groups/ people across a company, with the ability to share files, collaborate on documents, spread ideas, etc. This is great for a company like mine, with over 80,000 employees worldwide, and allows you to join groups with other employees by region, business line, title, etc.

Cons

With the document sharing feature, it can be difficult to search for specific files. I think the organization of posts/ files is a little messy and it would be nice to be able to go to a specific "Shared Files" section to search for things, point blank. It can also be a little overwhelming searching feeds when you are in groups/ pages with large numbers of individuals.

Great virtual office. Our company uses Yammer and it is highly effective. I would recommend Yammer.

Reviewed on 4/19/2018

File sharing, communication, collaboration, organization. It is a terrific virtual office tool that I highly recommend.

Pros

It is very easy to use, uploading files is easy. There is a Yammer app for your smartphone and you can receive pushes to email as well as the Yammer app so you always stay up-to-date. It allows to set up different networks and groups for different things through your organization. It is a great tool to communicate and stay organized.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about Yammer. It has so many wonderful benefits. I highly recommend this as a virtual office. It is low cost and for those that work remote, it is a great communication tool.

One of the best platforms to improve employee engagement in an organization

Reviewed on 2/10/2019

- If an organization wants its employees to share topics, interests, or areas of practice, then Yammer is a must!

Pros

- The platform is simple and easy to use. Employees can start a conversation about any topic they feel like needs attention. Users have the ability to create public and private groups, share documents and videos with each other, and like other people's posts.

- Yammer can be considered a social networking platform meant to be used internally in an organization.

Cons

- I am using the software from last 5 years and do not have any concerns. The platform is reliable, easy to use, requires little to no training even for a beginner.

Pretty good collaboration tool

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 12/14/2018

Yammer's value is felt the more its used by teams. If leadership doesn't consistently follow up to ensure employees are using it Yammer will be disappointing.

Pros

My company used Yammer to help employees collaborate better. Our older employees didn't make much use of the system but the potential of Yammer is great for engaged employees. The social nature of the product matches up well with our millennial workforce. Its essentially a business version of Facebook. Making work groups to streamline communication and give shout outs is easy and fun.

Cons

If you workforce isn't active on social media or appreciate those means of communication it might be a tough sell to get them on this system. Either way, implementing Yammer will take a consistent effort in campaigning for its usefulness if your workplace isn't used to this type of system.
Yammer could also do better by allowing for more customization or branding by the employer to make it seem like an internal system.
I have no complaints about the software itself.

Social Media for Workplaces

Reviewed on 12/5/2018

Pros

I love yammer. My company uses Yammer to help employees stay connected and informed. There are several employee started 'groups'. These are common interest groups such as book lovers. We have been able to share and connect with Yammer. We post books we've read and send books through interoffice mail which has been fun. We also have an all company news alerts as well. I love that Yammer has an app for the phone as well.

Cons

With any "social media" platform you will always have the habitual complainers but that is just what it is. The program works great

Unique Social network for corporates

Reviewed on 2/24/2019

We have used this for solution seeking where we put our request or query and we get response with what people know about it or sometime we get perfect solution too.

Apart from work related, we also share the cool pics related to the happening or team events or festivals celebration.

Also, polls are conducted to seek the feedback from colleagues about new change in the company or changes that is needed.

Pros

We have Office365 at our company, next to Skype the other app that is extensively used is Yammer for collaboration.

We can switch this seamlessly across our Laptop & phone apps. Yammer is social network within the company. Everyone is member as soon as they join and we have different groups where we are free to join. But default, based on our department we are tagged to parent groups and we can view the updates and share our feedback just like Facebook.

We can create new groups based on the need and invite people or tag them to get their attention. The biggest advantage of this app is your voice is reached to thousands in minutes and you may get feedback from top skipping the hierarchies.

So easy to connect and easy to use and make an effective use for networking across the colleagues

Cons

User Interface is not rich and looks and feels needs improvement. Not sure but it hangs for me quite number of times. Also, little difficult to search for a post or feed. It becomes more confusing once more and more groups are created.

6.0/10

A private facebook for your company

Reviewed on 5/17/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Yammer is feature rich, with all the features you'd come to expect from Facebook included: Create a profile, add a picture, connect with colleagues, news feed, profile walls, add photos, tag photos, alert users with notifications, etc. If you're looking for a social network for your company this one does a decent, though generic, job. Also they have a freemium edition which has most of the functionality you'd need.

Cons

The main challenge with Yammer is getting people to use it. All the benefits of social networking in the company (knowledge transfer, communication, community building) can be real and valuable, but I've seen many attempts to create an active online community fail at my company. I think only with strong executive buy in will Yammer actually be valuable for a company, and all the great features Yammer adds can't fix this. We didn't have that executive buy-in and Yammer, Chatter, Flowdock, all failed to gain traction

5.0/10

Yammer - a great tool for dispersed teams

Reviewed on 7/20/2017
Review Source

Pros

Yammer is fully equipped to serve as my network's central point of contact and communication. We have an international (dispersed) set of folks in my network, and we chose Yammer to be our communication hub. We have set up one work space for each work group - and another for our coordinating team. Not only do we use the group spaces, but the messaging between Yammer group members is extremely efficient and secure. We can write to individuals or create groups for ongoing within-Yammer communication. So even though we have to maintain security of information due to the part of the world we use this in, we have confidence in the security aspects. I also use the iOS Yammer app to access my account and messages.

Cons

I suppose it's meant to be a feature, but in a private message, if I type the name of someone who is also in our Yammer group into the body of a private message, Yammer automatically hyperlinks that person's name in the message as well as adds their name to the send-to list. While this is efficient, and while I can "undo" the link, it could I suppose cause some awkward situations if the sender never intended for that person to receive the message.

Supper product for immediate collaboration

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 11/25/2018

I would like to say Yammer is serving a wide range of people in all means by providing fantastic ways of collaboration. I would say if one wants to run business effectively, there should be need of Yammer.

Pros

If I talk about positive aspects of yammer, I would say this is the most advanced product that facilitates people while communications as well as easy ways of sharing information with one another. In order to accomplish tasks immediately, It divides work tasks and there are several networks that deal different departments. One can have access on yammer simply by making profile, afterwards you can have immediate interaction with other coworkers. It is super easy to use without taking specific classes. Yammer app is highly recommended to keep the people up-to-date.

Cons

It is working nice. I hardly have to see issues with it. One of the cons is that sometimes I have to face hurdles during uploading or downloading items. But I do not think that it is a big deal. I hope its efficient company will overcome this issue and I will be seeing better results as well.

Good Enough

Reviewed on 4/3/2019

Yammer is a social network service used to build communication between members of an organization

Pros

Yammer creates a platform where members of an organization can connect and interrelate.
It also helps to build teams and ensures that only members of the organisation have access to its own social media experience.
Users can create polls and get opinions from members of an organization

Cons

More features form social media giants like twitter or facebook could be incorporated to make yammer more fun

6.0/10

Yammer is a great way for teams across our organization to collaborate!

Reviewed on 1/31/2018

Pros

Yammer is very user friendly! You can use it with little to no training at all. We use Yammer to share ideas, updates, and get answers to questions enterprise wide. We use it to collaborate on active projects in different departments. Sharing a post is super simple and we love the social aspect of it similar to Facebook. You can like and respond to anyone's post. Being able to create groups is great so we can segregate information that is only relevant to those groups. We love the ability to file share as well, this helps us stay productive and on task with work.

Cons

There isn't really anything I don't like about Yammer. We use is consistently throughout the organizations. I think the only thing that comes to mind is the search feature could be enhanced.

Yammer

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

Pros

- Yammer is a great social media tool for businesses to have fun and communicate between stores.
- It's very user friendly although it could use a face lift for the page just seems bland.
- Document sharing

Cons

- I am not a fan of their mobile app though so I deleted it and just stick to checking out on the computer at work.
- Could use a face lift, page just seems bland compared to all the other social media platforms out there.

Yammer Review

Reviewed on 10/18/2018

Pros

I have used Yammer Web and Mobile App and I can tell that it is good for business and students. I remember creating a group for student opportunity abroad and It really gained a lot of attention 2 years ago. Professional platform and lovely interface.

Cons

I was removed from the platform because I advertised cryptocurrency. I don't know why my account should be restricted and ban

Yammer, best social media Platform for Business!

Reviewed on 2/8/2019

The factor that puts Yammer over other public social media platforms is the safety of contents. Any privileged data won't be leaked to anyone outside the business.

Pros

It allows creating groups, share content and news across the business in an extremely safe environment since competitors won't be having access to your content.

Cons

Interface needs slight improvement compared tom other public social media platforms.

Social Media for your enterprise

Reviewed on 4/20/2019

Brings together a disperse remote team in a fun way!

Pros

- Brings together the company in a familiar way everyone is already use to with a social media wall.
- Gamifify your team and wider company to get engaged with certain activities or goals
- Share pictures and videos of company events

Cons

- Lacks in some features such as emojis and memes (which is a big draw card for using MS teams)