Findmyshift Reviews

Findmyshift

Simple online employee scheduling

Tony
Tony

Superb for ease of use and access

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

Adopted this to several businesses 4 years ago and have never looked back. Easy to use for me and my staff. Ideal for holiday planning and planning rotas in advance

Pros

Been using this since day one and have set it up for several different businesses, really easy to use and really efficient

Cons

Doesn't work well enough with i-devices which can be frustrating at times. If that was fixed it would all be brilliant

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the Review Tony!

Cheryl
  • Industry: Veterinary

The "right" tool for our Team.

Reviewed on 2023/09/08

Greater efficiency for Team members.

Greater efficiency for Team members.

Pros

Initial set-up for administrators and subsequent roll-out to the whole Team was seamless. The navigation is user friendly. The features and functions menu allow for customized set-up. And, the mobile app is essential.

Cons

Nothing at this time in the desktop version. The mobile app could use a navigation facelift.

When I Work

Reasons for Switching to Findmyshift

We chose FMS for it's simplicity and customization features. FMS allows us to use as few or as many features we want. Doesn't overcomplicate or insist that we engage the full menu for every function.
Robynne
  • Industry: Wholesale

Plant Nursery Task Management has been a breeze.

Reviewed on 2021/09/06

Has streamlined the management of tasks and different departments. See at a glance the staff required to fill roles for the day.

Pros

I can chose to use the different features or not. Affordable.

Cons

Did take a bit to get the hang of the rostering of times and tasks. (but I am old school). Font of default print outs too small to display on one page as there are so many spaces in report so I always export data to an excell document.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Robynne!

Mariusz
  • Industry: Restaurants

Does the job and more

Reviewed on 2023/11/21

Overral experience - great. Would definately recommend to others if you are looking for tool for scheduling

Pros

Simplicity and stability and the fact that is reliable and cheap

Cons

To not be able to make changes on mobile/ tablet- lack of app to make changes to schedule etc.

Alexander
Alexander

Comprehensive but requires work

Reviewed on 2017/02/10

FindMyShift is excellent for getting everything done that you need - scheduling a lot of employees, flexible and easy to change pay rates, reporting and budget views. I even use it as a notice board - part of employee shifts I can leave notes with instructions for my workers, which is excellent.

The downside, and what may eventually push me to another service, is that I make all of the shift changes myself. Employees email me when they'd like to swap shifts and unfortunately this leaves me at the center of an ever increasing employee base that needs me to make detailed changes.

There is a Timesheet feature but it seems pretty complicated and wouldn't serve our purposes, although I'm considering taking a third look at this to see if it's really not possible for us to use.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Alexander. Get in touch if you'd like us to walk you through the way swaps and timesheets work.

Melissa
  • Industry: Entertainment

Cinema Managment

Reviewed on 2024/01/22

i have found this site easy to use and easy to teach the staff

i have found this site easy to use and easy to teach the staff

Pros

I Love how easy it is to create a roster

Cons

I Find this product easy to use no issues at all

Neil

NE - Mr Neil Evans

Reviewed on 2023/12/29

Very good, forward thinking and above all, very useful.

Very good, forward thinking and above all, very useful.

Pros

Good and easy to use as well as intuitive,

Cons

Doesnt allow a great deal of staff HR management.

Duyen
  • Industry: Sports

Does the bare minimum

Reviewed on 2024/01/19

Pros

It is pretty simple to create schedules.

Cons

It's hard to use across devices. It only works well on a laptop/computer, I avoid using it on my phone and ipad to schedule if I can help it. Any features outside of creating schedules has gone unused for months. It is not very intuitive, but at least I get the schedules done.

Katie
  • Industry: Entertainment

Review of scheduling app

Reviewed on 2024/01/12

I like the app and I am still getting to know it but the online tutorials really help

Pros

The ability to add data easily and add my staff and it gives tutorials

Cons

I think it could look a bit better in the calendar view for staff so they can see available shifts to choose from

Alexis
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Test of Findmyshift in Poland

Reviewed on 2024/01/11

Im happy with it. Hope the company owners will buy it for us

Im happy with it. Hope the company owners will buy it for us

Pros

Easy to use, change, make corrections and keep all team informed. All info in one place but available from everywhere.

Cons

Couldn't change the settings to local currency

Abi
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Excellent scheduling

Reviewed on 2023/09/01

Superb tool even though I have yet to use all the features

Superb tool even though I have yet to use all the features

Pros

ease of use and real-time clocking in, i used to find my shift as a test, but I carried on with it and never looked back to use the other product as my staff were already uploaded here, and I could not be bothered to start resetting them on other products and Findmyshift was giving me what I need

Cons

Other features are not easily explained. I would like to understand the reporting i.e being able to print the total hours of allocated shifts per month per employee

Garet

FindMyShift for Service Contractor

Reviewed on 2023/10/31

We love it and use it everyday. For our company it is a tremendously useful planning tool.

Pros

Before using my shift we were using a white board to schedule individual employees. Many of our projects/jobs are only 1-2 day duration projects and work flows are changing constantly, even hour by hour in some cases. We juggle keeping our employees working weekly so the ability to create a job in the system put it on the calendar and then if we need to move it its simply a copy and paste. We can plan out months of work in advance and then as we get closer we can fine tune and adjust.

Cons

I wish it had a better feature for displaying the schedule. We update the schedules from our office and we have a Large Monitor in our shop where the employees gather in the morning. Right now we have created a user just for the shop TV and we sign into that user so that the employees can view their schedules in the shop. FindMyShift does have a broadcast link (not sure if that's what you call it) however it does not update instantaneously and therefore does not work for us.

Tyrone
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Very useful software that has steadily improved over the years

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

As our business grew and we employed more staff, managing an excel/paper based rota became time consuming. The reporting aspect alone of this software has saved me enough time throughout the year to justify the cost, let alone the fact that staff can login using the app or through the website and see their own shifts instead of calling into the office because their paper copy is out of date

Pros

The accessibility of this software is one of the most important features for me. My staff use both the app and the website on their mobiles and tablets to access our rota to check their shifts, request holiday etc.

Cons

The way the software is currently setup its not possible to assign more than 1 rule to pay rates with makes my job more difficult when working out wages on days that attract 2 different levels of premium rates. For example paying someone an additional £1 per hour for working a night shift and also paying them an additional £1 per hour because that night shift was on a sunday or a bank holiday.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Tyrone! Regarding the pay rates, it is actually possible to add multiple rules and you can quite easily set them up to pay your staff different rates for different types of shifts. If you'd like us to walk you through it, get in touch with our support team!

Danielle
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

we have been using find my shift for many years and find that it is a very effective and easy...

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

The user friendly system is very beneficial to all staff and the excel reports for the hours worked helps me to generate my timesheets for my invoices.

Pros

The software is very user friendly for me and my work force and there is a smart phone app which also makes it more accessible for my staff. I find the reports which you can generate from the system very useful when translating my hours in to invoices for my customers.

Cons

(not really cons just suggestions)If you finish a staff member on your rota's, they cannot see old shifts. It would be handy to have two finish dates one so that they are not on the rota anymore and one so that you can't schedule them from that date onwards. For example, we also use the finish box for current staff as a reminder for when their SIA badge runs out and we can't schedule them without them having a badge to work not necessarily because they so not work for our company anymore, most of the time they still need to see past shifts or log on to help them do invoices.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review and suggestion Danielle. We'll take a look and see what we can do for you. Perhaps a grace period for your staff to log in (maybe up to 2 weeks) after their finish date might help?

H
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Best Software for scheduling , time clock etc

Reviewed on 2023/12/08

Pros

Fingmyshift is really easy to use and implement. Users are really happy with the functionality and ease of use. Easy to see department wise, shift wise schedules at any time you want.

Cons

For our purposes , I dont find any cons in the software. It solves our purpose and it has helped in making scheduling more efficient.

Darry
  • Industry: Hospitality

A great easy to use product

Reviewed on 2023/07/14

its been brilliant. this is the 4th Venue that I've introduced Findmyshift to.

its been brilliant. this is the 4th Venue that I've introduced Findmyshift to.

Pros

the online roster system is fantastic to use, very easy to navigate and update.

Cons

the customisation of reports, and when a staff member wants to request only a part of the day off, they have to select the whole day.

Verity

Creating test rotes on FMS

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

great way to communicate with staff at once and generally very satisfactory.

great way to communicate with staff at once and generally very satisfactory.

Pros

ability to email and sms staff excellent.

Cons

Editing rota on mobile device not an option (useful for on the fly changes when administrator is not at desk.)
After selecting new date range, page goes to end of date range selected rather than start, so have to scroll up to continue making rota on most current date.
Apparent inability to make test or dummy rota other than using publish/unpublish function on live rota. We have complex shift patterns in order to try to give staff certain days off without this resulting in too many consecutive days worked before getting to those days off and it would be good to have a dummy rota to work on to see an overview of potentially workable patterns before committing to live rota.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Verity! Take a look at the "Templates" area of the schedule. Here's you can add/edit shift patterns without assigning them to the schedule itself. It's a good place to test your patterns before publishing them out to your staff.

Barry
  • Industry: Medical Practice

We manage our contracted hours and zero hours staff through this system for the last few years.

Reviewed on 2017/07/24

Pros

Web access makes it easy for multiple managers to access. Fairly easy to set-up, customisation of filed names and fairly simple to use.

Cons

Rows and columns don;t stay in alignment when scrolling. No easy way of inputting blocks of shifts. We have a 6 and 8 week rota system and have never managed to make the template bit work for us so we copy and paste lines for the year (takes about 3 days to programme half a years rota) / No edit or audit trail to see when a manager Added, moved or changed a shift. Awful interface on touch screen devices and the overview on mobile devices is no good for management purposes.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the great review Barry!
Lines can get misaligned if the browser zoom function has been adjusted. We suggest hitting "Ctrl + 0" on your keyboard fix alignment issues.

Templates are best used for repeating shifts and can easily be applied to multiple cells. To apply a template to your rota, select the cells you'd like to apply the template to, then click "Templates" then the week (or weeks) you'd like to apply.
I hope this helps!

Tyrone

Great online rota solution

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

I think this is our 5th year renewing with findmyshift. One of the biggest reasons for sticking with them is that you can always get hold of their support, they always want to help and will often go above and beyond to advise, tweek or fix anything that we are struggling with in terms of functionality or potential bugs in the code.

Pros

We've been using findmyshift for years to manage the staff rota for our carehome. Being able to access it anywhere with an internet connection, make changes etc has been invaluable.

Cons

The holiday management within the software doesn't suit our industry very well, great for straightforward hourly rates for staff with hours that never change and where additional payments aren't a consideration but doesn't account for the fact that employees must be paid an average wage for their time off taking into account regular overtime, flat rate bonuses for shifts etc. As such, i need to keep a separate spreadsheet for this.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Tyrone!

Brett

Feedback after Using for 2 years.

Reviewed on 2021/01/29

I have been a consistent user for over 2 years now. I issue my roster weekly. None of my staff (who are mostly younger than me) have any issue with the roster.

Pros

I was originally drawn to this software as my original digital roster program simply priced themselves out of the market and I needed to entertain alternatives. I liked that I was provided a template at no charge to trial. This enabled me to properly road test and gauge if it was software I could navigate.

Cons

I had to ask numerous questions to seek advice about populating rosters. What is obvious now, was not when I originally started using this software. Again, this is most likely operator error. I could see hours and costs on my previous roster platform, and hide them from the printed version. I can't do that with findmyshift, at least not to my knowledge. I would like to if it is possible?

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Brett!

KD
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Makes Scheduling easy

Reviewed on 2016/11/30

We converted from spreadsheets to using findmyshift, and have been very happy. We no longer have problems with employees not checking the schedule, we can email it to them. It has also helped our time off requests being tracked. My only problem is when an employee forgets to clock in, we can't change the time, so we aren't using that feature. Overall saves us a lot of time making and changing the schedules and keeps our employees informed.

Pros

Easy to change and send to all employees the updates
Time off Requests are easy to track

Cons

Clock in times can't be corrected if someone forgets to clock in

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for leaving your review!

The time clock times are kept read-only so that they can be used as an audit trail of exactly who clocked-in and out at that time.

Of course, this is not going to work for payroll and reporting, which is why payroll and reports all hang off timesheets (approved time clock times).

For more information, please see these help articles (or just chat with us live on the site):

I hope this helps!

Shelley
  • Industry: Hospitality

FMS review Oct 23

Reviewed on 2023/10/23

ease of rota planning and schedulingcentral place to hold staff pay detailswould like an easier way to run a payroll

Pros

Rota scheduling & timesheeting is essential to our business the tool is generally easy to use, but has some odd functionality issues that could be improved.

Cons

there is no integration technically to, for example, our payroll. this is therefore a manually intensive process - better calculations for holiday and sick pay rates would be a godsend for the hospitality industry who pay hourly rates and therefore holiday and sick pay has to be manually calculated every month - tedious

Holly
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Great for scheduling cleaners at a large site

Reviewed on 2023/05/31

Great. Easy to use, easy to teach new users, easy for cleaners to see their roster and accept shifts, and easy to track hours for sites. Love it. Customer support is possibly the best I have come across.

Pros

It's simple to use. The reports help us ensure we are meeting minimum shift requirements and rostering the correct number of hours. I like that it's simple because that keeps the cost low. That was very important for me when selecting this product. I didn't need all the bells and whistles that we wouldn't use.

Cons

It should definitely allow you to save many different templates and use them whenever needed.

Wouter

Five years using Findmyshift

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

I'm doing roster for 24 doctors in our department. I can make changes to roster from any computer and relay message to staff members about these changes seamlessly via FMS. The app is great and very easy to use. We've managed to cut paper printouts of rosters as well.

Pros

Great flexibility between facility view and staff view. Different filters and preset filters allow me to tailor rota for different areas in hospital. Product support is excellent. New features added regularly.

Cons

I haven't managed to coordinate our leave cycle which runs from 1 April to 30 March with the leave reports which appears to take annual allowance from 1 Jan-31 Dec. It might be possible but haven't found feature yet.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Wouter! To coordinate your leave cycle, visit Settings > Time off and change the date next to "Holiday year begins". I hope this helps!

Debs
  • Industry: Restaurants

All good and suits our requirements well

Reviewed on 2017/03/06

Have not had to call customer service so not sure of how supportive they are, system itself suits our requirements well, only issue is that we have two shifts a day and if a member of staff is going to be unavailable or on holiday for one shift you have to mark the whole day off, not just that one shift, maybe there could be an option for am and pm unavailability/holiday, etc.

Pros

Easy to plan ahead for the team, easy to email out to them with a message
Easy to split departments to show costs

Cons

Inability to show unavailability/holiday for the two shifts we have in a day, can only book a whole day off and not a single shift

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Debs!

We have noted and added your suggestion to our list of feature requests. In the meantime, the best way to add half day time off entries would be to enter 0.5 on the "Allowance used" field.

I hope this helps! If you need more information, drop us an email anytime.