Proposify

Proposal software for modern sales teams.

Matt S.
  • Industry: Music

Great in concept, but buggy

Reviewed on 2017/04/11

We switched to Proposify from Bidsketch to solve a bunch of problems. Proposify is great on the surface and as an idea, but there are many things we don't like. Nonetheless, we're stuck with it for now.

Pros: Proposify streamlines our proposal writing process, clean UI, pricing tables that do math. Staff is helpful and responsive. I love that we can spin up proposals very quickly with templates. It would be basically perfect if it weren't for the cons.

Cons: This software is still full of bugs. There have been several instances where data has been lost, or unexpected behavior happens. It's extremely frustrating and time consuming when these bugs happen. I've probably submitted 20 bugs over the past month. Examples include formatting buttons that don't work, pages breaking and crashing etc.

There are many features that leave us scratching our heads and asking either "why isn't this a feature" or "why IS this a feature?

Examples:
-You can add sales tax to pricing tables, but sales tax doesn't reflect in the totals.
-Pricing tables are very difficult to customize
-Pricing tables that are longer than one page cannot flow into a second page. If you do want them to flow into a second page, you have to create a special type of page from the start that can ONLY have the pricing table on it.
-When you go through revision history, you see data from OTHER proposals that share the same type of section.
-You can't format text in snippets. To see what it looks like you have to drag the snippet into one of your sections or templates.
-The navigation is super clunky and not natural. I find myself clicking around a lot looking for things.
... and many more

Bottom line:
I want to have faith in this but I'm close to start looking at other options. We've had more than one catastrophic failure that has cost us tremendously and I'm at the point where I don't feel that I can rely on Proposify as a tool because I never can be 100% certain that it's going to work properly.

Proposify should really take some time and listen to their users, and try writing some proposals themselves and experience the process. If they were willing I'd personally love to hop on the phone and talk through some suggestions for improvement, and I'm sure other users would feel the same way. I feel kind of bad for how much I've had to bother their support staff with bugs and issues.

If Proposify improves, I'll come back and update my rating.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi Matt,

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We take it to heart, and it helps us improve Proposify.

Our support team would love to jump on a call in the near future to chat more about it, and will be in touch to set up a time if you are interested.

Thanks again!

Dorothy K.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great Proposal Software

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

I switched from PandaDoc to Proposify. It's a much better cost-benefit. There is really nothing in PandaDocs that is not in Proposify and frankly I got the hang of Proposify much quicker. Customer support is quick and very helpful

Pros

Its very easy to use. User interface is nice and well thought out. No real learning curve for the most part,

Cons

It might be nice to have a little more flexibility with the pricing charts that you lay in.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi Dorothy, thanks for leaving us a review. Welcome to the Proposify family, we're glad to have you! We're also glad to hear your feedback - our team is constantly working to make Proposify an even more powerful tool, and we genuinely appreciate any and all comments. Best of luck with any upcoming proposals, and happy closing!

Aislinn K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Entreflow Consulting Group's use of Proposify

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

For any of you who have suffered through the time suck fun of writing proposals on a regular basis, Proposify is going to be an awesome app for you or your clients.

Pros

our favourite feature; huge time savings. If anybody's ever done proposals on Word or Excel; it’s head wreck. Proposify is great because there's beautiful templates there ready to go, it saves you a ton of time and they are visually appealing. We get lots of feedback from our clients when we send them out proposals that our proposals look amazing.

The other top features are that there's a super easy editor to use, great content library, there’s the signature function in there to get your signature to get to a proposal signed off on. There's great, sneaky metrics that we absolutely love. You get notifications on your phone via the app when somebody opens the proposal, and when they've signed off on it. But, also, you can go into the app and see how much time people are actually spending looking at your proposal, which I think is kind of sneaky but it surprises me how little time people actually spend reading your proposal. Spoiler alert: people don't read their contracts.

Cons

the startup integration is cool but we'd like to see a little bit more love in that space. So once the Stripe payment is taken could the clients get a receipt? That might be helpful, we have to go and actually manually create that in Quickbooks, so it's a little bit of love required on that, I think it was more of an after fact for them and they've just left it to Stripe to kind of manage it.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi Aislinn,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We do have an article in our Knowledge Base that walks you through how to send your client a receipt from a Stripe transaction via the payment dashboard, if you'd like to reduce the time spent manually entering the information into Quickbooks - http://support.proposify.com/api-and-integrations/invoicing-and-billing/stripe. That being said, we appreciate your feedback - our Development team is always working on improving the user experience, and your comments are helpful for future updates!

Best of luck with your upcoming proposals, and happy closing!

Adam L.
  • Industry: Design

The best way to present proposals to clients!

Reviewed on 2016/12/03

As the owner of a Digital Agency in a crowded marketplace, it's important to be better at every opportunity. Proposify allows us to do that. It's made with the creative industries in mind and has a pretty nice default contract in place that can be used.

Of course, as per all contracts, it's important to get it checked/re-written by a professional to make sure it's 100% legal and enforceable.

Proposify gives a decent depth of analytics on user behavior from the moment they open your proposal. They also track the proposal journey through to the client and allows the option to add an auto follow up to non-signed/opened proposals. Clients always comment on how much they love how easy it is to digitally sign our proposals/contracts and some have even incorporated Proposify in their business.

Proposify allows you to create different proposal templates. We use this feature to have a proposal for each of our services and then we just tweak the scope of services to the individual client's requirements on the fly. All of a sudden, a proposal that looks like it took over an hour is out the door in 10 minutes. The early bird catches the worm and Proposify makes it so we can close deals faster.

The only thing very slightly negative regarding Proposify is the pricing. It's certainly one of the most expensive platforms we pay for on a monthly basis however it isn't unaffordable. It may be a bit of a stretch for a small business to pay for regularly and the 5 proposal limit on the lower plan is quite restrictive for the price. They used to offer 10 proposals for that price which seemed much better value to me, however, they're constantly updating, improving and adding integrations and they're a business after all so need to bring the revenue in.

All in all, don't hesitate, just sign up! You won't regret it.

Pros

Integrations.
Looks.
Functionality.
User Friendliness.

Cons

Pricing but it's not too bad.

Shane S.

Integrations and Options

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Utilizing Proposify has allowed us to speed up our project intake process getting more in the pipeline and spending time on things that make money instead of just busy work.

Pros

It was really important when we were selecting proposal software to have integrations and the ability to allow the client to make choices that didn't require that we adjust the proposal. Proposify gave us both. We use Freshbooks for invoicing and Asana for project management and it integrates with both! (unfortunately Asana is via Zapier only). It also lets us give options in the proposal for the client to pick things like # of years of licensing or change the amount of deliverables to get the final price they need. This cuts down on back and forth emails that frees us up.

Cons

I would love to be able to pay for the service on a monthly basis instead of quarterly. Not that it really changes anything in the grand scheme of things but it lets me better track our finances.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi Shane, thanks for taking a moment to leave us some feedback. We love hearing that Proposify helps free you up so you can tackle other (non-admin) tasks - because time is money, right? Best of luck with any upcoming proposals!

Julia D.

Essential for sales tracking

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

It definitely makes the sales process and tracking thereof easier as you can document together all steps along the way.

Pros

The best feature are the templates for various industry. I use this soft and I recommended to many of my clients as it helps create great looking proposals, keeps track of your sales funnels.

Cons

Pricing is pretty high if you do not send out proposals on a regular basis. Also some functionality can be a bit unstable or slower to respond.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi Julia, thanks for taking a moment to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedbackhappy closing!

Michael P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Proposify review

Reviewed on 2019/09/02

Awesome

Pros

The software really makes proposals easy.

Cons

Nothing, the app is incredible and it is very easy to use.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi Michael, thanks for taking a moment to write a review! We're glad that you've continued to choose Proposify over the years - that's the kind of feedback that gives us the warm and fuzzies. Happy closing!

Becca H.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Great proposal software - clients are always impressed with the proposals we create in this...

Reviewed on 2017/06/02

Great feedback from clients

Pros

Lines that show when items are centered - ability to input sections - data fields that can pull information throughout the proposal

Cons

Design capabilities (I often will create a background in a different program an import it as an image because I cannot do so in Proposify.

Stacie D.
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Save time doing tedious tasks so you can get to doing what you do best

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Saved me a ton of time, makes the lives of my clients so much easier so we can get the agreement out of the way and focus on what needs to get done + peace of mind that the legal side is taken care of.

Pros

- Templates are a great starting point to get you writing a polished proposal
- Highly customizable so you can add or take away as you please, add your own branding and photos
- Legalese taken care of for you
- The end client can view your proposal and sign it straight from their phone. My clients have already been impressed with how professional the proposals look and how easy it was to sign off and get the project rolling.
- You get notifications when your user has seen and approved your proposal

Cons

The ONLY thing I did not like was I couldn't seem to customize the automated Thank You email message that would send once the client has approved the proposal. It was at least very easy to disable this feature and send out a thank you email manually.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi Stacie, thanks for taking a moment to write us a review. Fantastic to hear how Proposify is helping you create professional-looking proposals - we especially love that you're getting such good feedback from your clients about how easy it is from their end! We actually do have an article in our Knowledge Base that walks you through customizing the Thank You email your clients get after viewing or signing their proposal - you can find it here: https://bit.ly/31SlZNH. You can also get in touch with [email protected] and they'll be happy to help you out. Best of luck with any upcoming proposals!

Adrian W.

Makes proposal writing fun!

Reviewed on 2019/08/24

After trialling the competition of this product, proposify is a standout

Pros

-present a fantastic proposal every time
-metrics, you can follow what’s going on with your proposal
-value for money

Cons

- I would like the opportunity to export a .csv into the costing table, we currently double handle our data

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi Adrian, thanks for leaving us your feedback. We're so happy to hear that Proposify has made proposal writing fun! We'll also share your suggestions with our team. Happy closing!

Hailey F.

Beat Your Competition with Proposify

Reviewed on 2016/10/27

1. PDF --> PROPOSIFY
Design and tailor your legal report/proposal/document/etc. Customize emails, send notifications, and monitor client views. Never send a boring PDF attachment again!

2. CUSTOMER SERVICE
Deliver breathtaking, interactive, and branded proposals to clients, ensuring them you're dedicated to their success. If you have a problem, email Kyle Racki, CEO of Proposify. That's right - the CEO of the company oversees his customer support team. The whole team is kind, generous, and grateful for their clients.

3. CUT COSTS & COMBINE OVERHEAD
Ditch your DocuSign & other online signing platforms - sign up with Proposify, it is included. Everything is legal and binding. From a commercial real estate office 10 year lease agreement, to sending a client 3 graphic design options for a Twitter account Header, Proposify has you covered!

Finally... the first time I used the software, I landed a client. I have refered the software to friends in various industries. It is a must have for all businesses, small to large. Sending a Proposify proposal already proves to your client your business is talented, innovative, tech-savvy, and unique.

Dayne K.

Great Tool

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

Ability to E-sign and collaborate
Tracking proposal progress

Cons

Hard to customize and make design changes
Inability to combine projects

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi Dayne, thanks for taking a moment to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedbackit helps us continue to improve our software! And in the future, you can also reach out to [email protected] at any time and they'll be happy to help ensure your proposals are looking exactly how you want them to. Happy closing!

Samuel U.

Solution to Creating Boring Proposals

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

Instead of creating long and boring proposals, Proposify helps me create short, straight to the point and beautiful proposals. With this, it has been easier getting clients for our company.

Pros

Proposify helps me a lot create beautifully looking proposals filled with images that make the mind enjoy the process of going through the proposal. The way it is structured out is something interesting about Proposify. It doesn't matter if you are writing your first proposal as much as you follow their guidelines, you'll create the type of proposal that helps you win the contract. I also love the tracking attached to the process after you've sent out the proposal.

Cons

They prefer you and the person reading the proposal to read it online. If you download the proposal in PDF, it loses the sweet feel it has online.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi Samuel! Thanks for taking the time to write a review for Proposify. We're glad to hear we're helping you create beautiful proposals that are winning you more deals. Best of luck with any upcoming proposals, and happy closing!

Audrey H.

Proposify is the best tool we have found for our agency in years

Reviewed on 2017/04/11

We were tired of creating a PDF each time we wanted to send a new proposal. We'd send it out and wonder if our potential client even looked at it. We stumbled on Proposify and haven't looked back. We love the professional look of the proposals and the information we receive about how the client interacts with the proposal. Creating new proposals is so simple. We've even won a couple of clients simply because they were so impressed with our proposal functionality. It is the best tool we have found for our agency in years and we won't go back to sending proposals as PDFs ever again.

Information about client interactions
Ability to duplicate past proposals

Cons

Every once in a while it gets a little buggy and is hard to edit

Trey G.

Being able to track proposal views and downloads gives our sales people valuable insights.

Reviewed on 2017/06/11

Pros

The ability to save proposals as templates which helps our salespeople quickly create a proposal. Which of course means we are quicker to close sales. And the API integration to our deal system, Pipedrive, is really awesome.

Cons

For those of us that are less server side knowledgeable...the idea of changing a CNAME on our own is daunting. I would like to see a "wizard" created that does this so we can easily have proposals with our domain in the address bar. The limited number of prebuilt proposal templates is kind of a bummer but, like I said before you can create your own and save those as templates.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi Trey!

Thanks for leaving the review! Glad to see that you are getting real value out of Proposify. If you have any questions about getting your custom domain set up. Please let our awesome support team at [email protected] know, and they can help you get that set up! We are continually working on and adding new proposal templates, and you should see some new ones announced soon.

Thank you again for the review, and keep on closing!

Iliana D.

Great tool to speed up the speed of the sales funnel

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

It helped me create beautiful proposals, i was able to collaborate with my co-workers and, and get faster approvals thanks to online signatures.

Pros

I loved this tool because it definitely helped me speed up the time and detail that i needed with each proposal to each client. I simply pre-filled some of the most common scenarios to the tool and after setting the tool up to fit my business needs, it has helped me be more efficient.

Cons

Nothing really, it interacts well with other software, once you have everything pre-loaded onto the account it will take care of the rest.

Chris H.

Perfect Tool for Capturing More Business

Reviewed on 2019/08/17

Pros

Getting up and running with Proposify was fast and simple. Integrating with our CRM was as easy as a few mouse clicks. Clients love being able to review and sign proposals online, and I love the notifications and analytics behind the proposals.

Cons

There are some features that could use a little work, like importing company names from Hubspot, syncing changes between systems, and using custom/calculated variables in the proposals. None of these are huge issues or deal-breakers. I'd be interested in being part of a product development consulting team if there's an opportunity like that available.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi Chris, thanks for providing your feedback. We're glad to hear your clients are loving the ease of signing online! We've also passed your info along to our Product team and they'll reach out to you if there are any opportunities available. Best of luck with any upcoming proposals, and happy closing!

Richard L.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great for the busy executive

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

We have made lots of sales based on this. Well worth the money.

Pros

Easy to use. Can make attractive templates. Automates the proposal process. Can track opens. See how much time was spent on reading each page.

Cons

Nothing. It’s perfect the way it is. Makes great products.

Worst online proposal service

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

Worst online proposal services

Pros

After using the service for that long, im still trying to figure it out what are the pros...

Cons

Everything.
It deleted your work automatically.
It doesn’t save your work properly.
Support is useless.
It log you off every 5 minutes for no reasons in the middle of your proposal.

Response from Proposify Inc.

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about your experience! We appreciate you leaving us your feedback, and our team would be interested in learning how our software could have been a better fit for you if you're open to sharing further - [email protected] In any case, we do hope you find a proposal solution that works for you. All the best!

Great proposal writing tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

This is a great tool that keeps all of the proposals for multiple clients in one place. It provides a great interface for our clients to view and sign proposals.

Pros

I like the way you can see who has viewed the proposal and how much time each person spent viewing it.

Cons

I am least impressed with the customizing abilities. The editor is pretty basic, and I've gotten frustrated a few times with formatting struggles.

Freddy P.

Proposify Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Pros

The ease of navigating through the app. Easy to add and delete line items.

Cons

Missing a subtotal line which we have asked for.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi Freddy, thanks for taking a moment to write us a review. Great to hear your feedback! And if you have any formating questions, don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected] and our team will be happy to help ensure your proposals look exactly how you want them to. Happy closing!

• Used Other for Free Trial

So cool! Proposals are hard, this makes it easier

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

I chose not to purchase it because my design team had already created a more beautiful proposal template in Google Docs, which is free. Without that "running start" there's not a huge difference between Proposify and Google Slides.

Pros

This creates a professional-looking online proposal with minimal effort. It's fairly easy to use and collaborators can pitch in. If you're starting from scratch, this gives you a big leg up.

Cons

I thought the designs were a little meh—especially the graphic design one! They could put more effort into making more beautiful proposals instead of b-level corporate designs.

James G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great Proposal Software

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

I'm a managed IT provider in Halifax NS, and have landed quite a few contacts using Proposify. Love the interface, easy to use. They have a number of materials and templates to get you started and its easy to upload your own materials and incorporate them.

Pros

-Fast customer service for questions or troubles
-Great looking proposals
-Easy integration of materials

Cons

-Freelancer package is only one user, would be awesome to have a guest pass or something to allow a collaborator to log in and comment. For example if one contract is in pitched with a co-project manager

Erika D.

Solves so many previous problems

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

Pros

Ability to customize, have the contract, signature, and tracking all in the one place. With the content library, templates, and ability to add/delete sections changed our quoting timeframe from half a day to an hour. Not to mention made signatures and contracts easy and seamless

Cons

Little issues of moving the pricing tables and images, sometimes they are embedded, sometimes not. It depends and is frustrating.

Response from Pitch Perfect Proposal Software

Hi Erika, thanks for taking a moment to write us a review! Wonderful to hear how Proposify is helping you solve a multitude of problems. For any formatting questions, definitely reach out to [email protected] (or in-app) and they'll be happy to help ensure your proposals are looking exactly how you want. Happy closing!

Joseph S.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Proposify Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

We needed to upgrade the look of our proposals and Proposify made it easy to do that.

Pros

I liked the wide variety of proposal types into which you can drag and drop images and text. Saved us a ton of time and increased the professionalism of our proposals.

Cons

Initially, it was difficult to determine how to print proposals. After we figured that out, things went well.