ADP TotalSource

Full-service HR management and employee benefits

4,3
4,2
4,1
4,3
Marisol R.
  • Industry: Higher Education

ADP TotalSource - One stop shop!

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Overall, I am highly satisfied with the product and all the features that are available to use.

Pros

I love the fact that all my HR and payroll items are consolidated with one system. I enjoy all the HR features that ADP offers and have used them quite a bit when I come across HR issues!

Cons

I would love to see improvements in ease of use when running reports. I've used ADP Run in the past and loved how easy payroll reports were ran there.

Jessica A.

Easy to use but pricey

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

Overall I am happy with ADP totalsource and would recommend it.

Pros

ADP totalsource is very easy to use for users and admins alike but is expensive compared to other products in the market. It is a comprehensive employee database with easy to access information.

Cons

The reporting is very extensive but not always easy to use and can become bogged down with too much information. We pay for our health insurance directly through totalsource and there is no easy way to pull a single report that shows total payroll + benefits cost for the whole company by employee. There are individual employee PDF reports that show total compensation but these are not very helpful for analysis.

Maryellen S.

Overall I am very happy with ADP.

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

Most of it is very user friendly. Payroll is very easy to submit and if I have a problem you can always call and speak with someone.

Cons

I really dislike the ireports, not user friendly at all.
Have a hard time finding the reports I need.

Sandy B.

Great for Administrators

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

The administrative portal is very thorough. The user portal is not as intuitive, unfortunately.

Pros

There are a lot of features and fantastic in-depth reporting, both standard and customizable. You can use csv files to upload large batches of data, instead of having to do the data entry one by one.

Cons

It can be difficult to find what you're looking for. The redesigned site is definitely an improvement, and there's a bookmark feature to assist with this issue.

Ryan R.

Reliable and Recommended

Reviewed on 2019/07/27

Pros

ADP is good once you get used to it. Several years ago when we switched from in-house to ADP I admit that I was not immediately pleased, because things worked before. However, after being with ADP and seeing how organized it is, I can recommend it.

Cons

There is nothing negative to say about ADP Total Source.

Linda C.

ADP Total Source has been great for our Company.

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Pros

Having our Employees be able to do the paper work online versus doing on paper. The employees have access to their paycheck electronically

Cons

The least thing we like is the internet reports. It is a little time consuming trying to find the report you are looking for however with the more we work with this section it is getting easier

Megan R.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Easy to use software

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

It is quick, easy to use, and rarely has system outages.

Pros

Quick, easy to navigate, helpful links to other articles or features. The software is able to redirect if needed to get the answers I am looking for.

Cons

As an administrator , the ireports section isn't as easy to use as the other reports in the reporting section.

Mary S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Overall experience is great

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

With ADP handling all payroll and benefits I save many, many hours of work. I know the work will be done properly and be kept up with all current regulations.

Pros

Customer support is fabulous. Reps are always able to solve any problems I have save one (see cons). I rest assured knowing that all payroll related tasks are being dealt with properly and in a timely manner.

Cons

Reporting is weak. I am unable to use ireports and have spent a lot of time with ADP technicians trying to get this function to work to no avail. I would like to be able to run simply reports with just the data I need and not have to download tons of data into a spreadsheet and then sort it out.

Linda H.
  • Industry: Computer Games

One stop shop for payroll, benefits and HR

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

A complete payroll, benefits and HR system all in one easy to use application.

Pros

Perfect service for our company; offers a breadth of benefits and services our Company could not find on its own as a small employer. Easy to use, amazing customer service and dedicated support people.

Hema d A.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

WF System help us to drive Smoothly.....

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Pros

Costumer Support for all the day today issues...
Report Generation for monthly , Quarterly & Annually

Cons

It should be more customized in report generating .
Assigning of Account managers to the clients should more Efficient in fixing the issues .

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 2017/11/08

Pros

The software is very easy to use BUT the service and customer support that assist our account is SUPERB!

Cons

Reporting options and the Ilearn Admin user options could be easier to use.

• Industry: Telecommunications

A better user experience than other PEO solutions...

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

Pros

The user experience with ADP solutions is far better than our previous PEO provider, a large competitor to ADP. Through TotalSource/Workforce now, you can easily see your employment profile, benefits, retirement, employer sponsored programs, ongoing education, and many other useful planning and professional development tools.

Cons

Upon first sign-up, the different ADP product portals are a little confusing between TotalScource, Workforce Now, MyKPlan, RUN, MyADP, etc. Sometimes the e-mails weren't clear or the links were incorrect and you were trying to create an account or login to the wrong portal.

Laura A.

Has a vast array of info in one place.

Reviewed on 2017/11/08

Pros

I am able to log onto the site and get all the information I need to process payroll and to get resource information.

Cons

My job responsibilities vary during the day. I'd like to be able to sign onto the site one time during the day and have it available throughout the day without repeated sign ons.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Functionalities

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Overall it's very good, I get everything in my hand quickly.

Pros

I really enjoyed the ease of finding my company documents and processes without having to request it.

Cons

Worst thing is when we forget the password, saving password process is complicated and confusing.

Tina D.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

ADP TotalSource is very easy to use and to train others to use

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

Pros

I love that I can access all my Human Resources needs all in one place. Benefits, Spending accounts, retirement accounts are all available from the home screen. I can manage time off and training with the click of the mouse.

Cons

The training modules can be glitchy and I find myself having to back out of a section to move forward.

Paul L.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Great Payroll Software that Takes much of the work out of payroll

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Pros

It is extremely easy to log into the ADP Totalsource website and add your paystubs, use PTO, and other functions such as seeing what is in your 401(k). It allows for self service on these HR functions that make small businesses, which may have small or non-existent HR teams, easier to run.

Cons

ADP has multiple tools that are similar and have similar web pages/log ins, so this can create confusion among employees. Being that it is all in the cloud, if you have internet issues that can prevent the software from being used.

Rosemary T.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

I like the Snapshot feature that captures all employee info on one page. Also the custom reports allows you to pull your data as needed

Cons

I don't like the new way you have to pull up the weekly reports or a history of employees paychects.

Gretchen H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Very efficient in managing employee information

Reviewed on 2017/05/18

Pros

Ease of modifying records. Entering wage information and having one solution for all the HRIS needs of our organization.

Cons

Some segments are not available without paying extra, and the extra is cost prohibitive. The reports and queries are complex to create (custom).

Tyler H.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Reliable

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

Pros

The ADP app for my phone was great. I could obtain a copy of my paycheck prior to auto deposit. I was also able to access my W2s.

Cons

Had to consistently change my password. It seemed in excess and a nuisance. This was a very minor issue.

Brent P.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

ADP is great because I can see everything in one place

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Pros

I like how ADP puts tax documents, new employee documents, benefits, payroll/check stubs, vacation policy and employee documents in one place. It's very easy to use, and it's great to be able to fill out documents electronically rather than requesting and copying and mail/dropping off documents over and over again.

Cons

There really aren't any "cons" that I've found. For an older and established product with a lot going on in it at once, it's not too difficult to use or to navigate. Quite satisfied.

Rebecca R.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Helpful and easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Made payroll a breeze, which is not an easy thing to accomplish!

Pros

This software is very user friendly and has a lot of support behind it for those times when you do find yourself having trouble.

Cons

There wasn't really anything about this software that I didn't like, it did exactly what I needed it to do with no fuss.

• Industry: Investment Management

Terrible Service and Software

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

ADP contractually agrees to many things and then does not do them, from processing payroll and employees do not get paid, to promising short-term disability is available when it is not, to not reporting wages to the state and causing the employer to be out of compliance with a statutory filing. I cannot say enough bad things about this sorry company. If you are considering ADP as your PEO, PLEASE RUN TO ANOTHER PEO.

Pros

There is nothing I like about ADP. Nothing.

Cons

Poorly designed, old legacy system that ADP wrongly believes can serve as an on-line platform.

Lana G.

Excellent offering of services and customer support

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Pros

Every possible report one can think of is available so I appreciate that. That's all I can think of.

Cons

Some terms for the reports to generate aren't always clear- should read as basic as possible as I'm working fast and need to know right away where to go to generate reports. I guess this can be overcome with experience...

Laura P.
  • Industry: Accounting

Best for Payroll

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Pros

Best program for all things payroll and accounting related.

Cons

not very easy to navigate but can be maneuvered

Dyllan A.

Quality could be better, but overall enjoyed using.

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

Pros

Payroll was easy to submit and always easy to review. Also accessible anywhere now by app. You are able to clock your time anywhere you are, not having to be burdened by old fashioned clock in.

Cons

Just that, you can clock your time anywhere so sometimes I would fine that employees would clock their time when they weren't quite at work yet. Also, sometimes the payroll is late which is never a good thing.