ADP SmartCompliance

A comprehensive and customizable suite of services

Laura F.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

It is okay

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

I use this once every couple weeks because we don't usually get too many employees using the wisely cards

Pros

We use this section of adp for our wisely cards that we issue out to employees who don't have direct deposit. I think this works okay, but it's not as good as what we used to use which was aline. It works great expect when you run into a problem and need some customer service help (that's the only downfall).

Cons

We use this section of adp for our wisely cards that we issue out to employees who don't have direct deposit. I think this works okay, but it's not as good as what we used to use which was aline. Also, the customer service isn't that great for this because every time I have a question or there is a problem entering an employee, they take weeks to respond. It works great expect when you run into a problem and need some customer service help (that's the only downfall). Also we requested new cards for all our locations a while back and they still have not been sent out

Stephanie C.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

ADP has been very helpful in our payroll process and their customer support is outstanding.

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

I would recommend ADP for companies that need a good and solid payroll system.

Pros

The software is user friendly but if you run across something you don't understand, The Bridge is very helpful. If you need to call the customer support, they are extremely helpful and will spend as much time with you to make sure everything is perfect before they hang up.

Cons

The hold wait time can sometimes be very long. I know they are very busy so most of the time I don't mind waiting.

Christopher K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great Platform for Tax Notices

Reviewed on 2018/07/08

Pros

We use ADP Smart Compliance to process our tax notices. It's easy to upload in bulk and each notice is given a reference number. It's easy to track and organize the taxes for each quarter.

Cons

The turn around time for the notices varies, but I find that the more detailed notices take time for responses. I also find that when I call, the answer will vary depending on the representative I get on the phone.

Tom O.

Reviewed on 2016/06/04

Chelsie B.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Payroll Coordinator Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Pros

The customer service for this product is fantastic. Also, the software is very user friendly.

Cons

There have been times where the software does not work as an administrator, which can be frustrating when dealing with time sensitive items.

Amy L.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

SmartCompliance makes it easy for me to track payroll notices

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

Overall, easy system to use and for general taxes, it is simple and not complicated.

Pros

You can submit tax notices in bulk in Smart Compliance. It is easy to upload and a reference number is given to you so you can reference the notice. You also get a confirmation through email once you submit a notice and will get another email once the notice has been resolved. You can also keep track of your tax filing SUI and SDI numbers which makes it convenient.

Cons

The time it takes to get a response back is slow and sometimes I need to follow up with them with a call. Depending on the representative, your responses vary as well. I call in multiple times to make sure the answer I'm receiving is the correct one.

Jaehwan Y.

ADP Smart compliance review

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

Karen S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great software for payroll taxes

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

I like the fact that someone else can do our payroll tax filings and pay our taxes which frees me up for other things.

Pros

I can process the tax file and they handle paying all the state and federal tax entities our payroll taxes and they file all tax returns as well as creating W2s and mailing them out.

Cons

I don't see any problems with the ADP software.

Anthony A.
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

A+ Upgrades

Reviewed on 2020/11/27

Overall I am a happy customer to have everything I need at my fingertips

Pros

I love the upgrades ADP made to SmartCompliance. I have access to all the things I need outside of WFN and customer service.

Cons

With the upgrades I don't have much to say about what I least liked. I love ADPs upgrades they are always helpful.

Rashesh V.
  • Industry: Farming

Good Product

Reviewed on 2017/07/21

Pros

Good Capital Management Process,Neat Design, a lot of features regarding tax issues (agency upload) and great tracking system for checks and payments.his software has saved me a good amount of time and has helped us get to a paperless environment. Zenefits isn't as hands-on as an in-person agent, so it requires whoever is doing HR to be more knowledgeable about the insurance offerings. It also requires employees to become a little more knowledgeable as well, rather than being Spoon fed information every 6 months about "how insurance works. Simplifies payroll tax compliance by keeping up with regulatory changes and compliance rules across the more than 10,000 U.S. federal, state and local jurisdictions. Backed by ADP's team of tax, government relations and compliance specialists, ADP SmartCompliance manages nearly every aspect of tax filing and remittance to help minimize the risks associated with tax management.Helps companies identify and claim all tax credits available to them to help lower a company's effective tax rate and reduce staff time spent searching and determining potential credit eligibility.

Cons

Bit typical to understand,It's not really a software issue but if the process for resolving tax problems could be followed up sooner and quick. It'd be much better.Garnishments reports can be downloaded in excel instead of pdf.NetTime is terrible. We are switching to a different vendor.Reporting is underwhelming. Canned reports are okay, but would really benefit from the user being able to customize them. Report builder is unusable (I listened to training webinar twice and still couldn't .More guidance or information around what is typical practice for things like vacation, holidays, benefits, 401(k) etc. would be helpful, especially for those of us who manage this relationship but are not based in the USA. Perhaps a primer on the HR legislative environment.Ability to feed to and from another HRIS would be helpful. Our "HQ" HRIS needs to have all employees globally in it and right now we have to manually make changes to two systems whenever something about a US employee changes.More resources for being able to provide candidates we are looking at hiring with information about the benefits and what it could potentially cost them (and us).

Josh J.

Every HR Department Needs SmartCompliance

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

Pros

Even if you don't think you have a problem in your company as far as compliance goes, I highly suggest you consider this product! It has been amazing for us in streamlining so many processes previously requiring manual reviews and audits.

Cons

The learning curve seemed to be relatively steep for our staff to allow the system to learn our exact needs. Once this was resolved after working with the system it was a smooth transition!

Catherine W.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Smart Compliance easy to use for taxing needs!

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

Really do like the linked system for the Smart Compliance and easy access for updating. The first time going through may take some assistance with the customer service.

Pros

The ability to go in and update your tax information directly from the Smart Compliance is a great tool and easy access to have when you are faced with many challenges and job functions throughout the HR day.