iCloud

(1 604)

Giau
Giau
  • Industry: Restaurants

Apple users would be hard pressed to find a better fit for their needs

Reviewed on 2023/01/13

The overall experience has been great. Our files and folders are automatically synced (from the document folder, download folder, and desktop). We can also easily share Numbers and Page files.

Pros

iCloud is an excellent backup solution. It can back up your device and sync data between devices, so you always have access to the latest versions of your files on all of your devices. The iCloud service is very easy to use. You can set it up in just a few minutes; after that, you're ready to go. You can also start using iCloud immediately if you sign up for an Apple ID—the account that allows you access to your purchases on the iTunes Store, Apple's App Store, and other services offered by the company.You can also share files with friends and family members through the service. A few clicks will get your file into their hands quickly and securely so they can enjoy what you've created or downloaded for them.You can also share files and folders with other Apple users, but only if they have an iCloud account.

Cons

iCloud is a bit more expensive than some of the competition, but not by much. The iCloud web interface is pretty limited. It's not as bad as some cloud storage services, but it's not the best, either.

Tami

Great for Backup

Reviewed on 2024/03/28

Pros

I like that I can access all my photos and documents from the cloud

Cons

I don't like paying a monthly fee for more storage

Tiego
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Icloud review

Reviewed on 2024/03/22

Pros

It is cheap when you purchase a storage and it has great deals

Cons

I think is perfect when it is being used on iphones and is understandable

Caitlin
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Love iCloud!

Reviewed on 2024/01/12

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and that you can see from any device.

Cons

There is nothing that I disliked about the software

Murilo

great chose to use

Reviewed on 2024/02/25

Pros

I have been using iCloud for a long time and I never got a problem with sharing photos or docs.

Cons

I think is good service in my vision I don't think a had a problem.

Tiffany
  • Industry: Automotive

best friends forever

Reviewed on 2024/04/10

Pros

Let’s be serious iCloud has had my back for years, I have everything I need, always & forever.

Cons

Paying for more storage bc I can’t bring myself to delete anything

Jessica
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

iCloud stores it all for me

Reviewed on 2024/02/21

Pros

That I can have easy access to my stored photos and videos any time T.

Cons

Having to pay for it monthly because I don’t have the latest iPhone

Nicky
  • Industry: Textiles

Unless you have alot of photos, iCloud is not needed

Reviewed on 2024/04/01

I used to use it and pay monthly for storage. But once I deleted a lot of unnecessary things in my phone, it cleared up storage and didn’t need to pay anymore for storage.

Pros

I like that iCloud offers different amongs of storage.

Cons

I find it kind of expensive if it’s not necessary to use every month.

Brandi
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Easy to share

Reviewed on 2024/03/29

Pros

Its easy to share documents for the entire team to access.

Cons

Storage is okay, but not amazing. Im sure the company could pay for more if needed though.

Abegail
Abegail
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Security with iCloud

Reviewed on 2024/04/04

For Safety? Then I highly recommended iCloud.

For Safety? Then I highly recommended iCloud.

Pros

I am a Apple user and have this iCloud for storage which is very convenient to me.

Cons

The bigger the storage the higher price it was.

Bruna
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Why you should use iCloud to store your files

Reviewed on 2021/09/04

My overall experience is excellent! I can manage my files anywhere, store them and delete not necessary ones, and it helps me during work routine because I don't have to keep deleting everything to free up space.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is that it has a low cost for a big space storage, and I can upload my files and organize them neatly, without further issues. The sync feature is also great, which allows me to free up space on my iphone or macbook, or any other mac device, and even access my files without internet connection.

Cons

Personally I didn't find any cons, so far, but I would advise new users to organize well their files, or they may get very lost! And please do research what is the best storage for your budget, Apple had offered me a good deal with this one!

Google Drive and MEGA

Reasons for Choosing iCloud

I used to use Dropbox a LOT when I was in college, however the years passed and as a graphic designer, I was always creating new files, jobs, tasks, either from work or another studies, and it quickly took all my storage and I had to pay a massive amount of money, however I picked iCloud for the best price and sync management.

Reasons for Switching to iCloud

I chose iCloud because it was more user friendly, as I was already an Apple heavy user, and having the possibility of having my files easily accessed on my iPhone or macbook made a big difference!
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Easy and Intuitive

Reviewed on 2022/04/17

I wanted to move more of my workflow away from Google. I have been very happy with iCloud. I appreciate the clean interface and the more useful search results when looking for documents. The online portal also provides rudimentary versions of Apple's basic office software, access to email, calendaring etc. all in one place.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate, locate and organize files. The layout is very clean and flexible, both through the web view and the native app.

Cons

iCloud naturally wants to group files by their Mac application type rather than prompting to save in a user created folder. Due to the excellent search features, this is not a problem and I am coming to appreciate the logic of this system.

Dropbox Business

Reasons for Choosing iCloud

I am more reassured by Apple's business plan that my privacy and security as a user will be protected. I am suspect of Google's motivations with my data.

Google Drive
David
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

iCloud - Mostly but not completely sunny

Reviewed on 2023/01/11

I love iCloud in theory and 90% of the time in the real world. Apple needs to fix the user interface and bring a more robust data recovery option that at least is as functional as DropBox.

Pros

I like that it is easy for my Apple products to access iCloud and for them to stay synched as long as I have a reasonably fast internet connection.

Cons

I absolutely do not like the lack of customization available in the graphical interface of the file structure. Coming from the customization of the Apple Finder this is pretty jarring and pretty inexcusable. This is not only a problem on a mobile device but also on a desktop or laptop that is remotely connected and is not my own work station. I also don't like the basic lack of ability to recover files that have been deleted or overwritten unless it is from an Apple branded product that is already using iCloud for document storage.

Dropbox Business, OneDrive and Google Drive

Reasons for Switching to iCloud

I am a power Apple user for 40 years now so Apple really has to mess things up before I will switch away. That being said, I still make use of DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, YouSendIt and WeTransfer because of some of Icloud's limitations.
Emery
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Best cloud solution for Apple users.

Reviewed on 2023/08/23

Excellent product which I've recommended and configured for my whole family.

Excellent product which I've recommended and configured for my whole family.

Pros

It so easily and seamlessly integrates with all my Apple product (iPad, iPhone and Macbook Pro). So many aspects likes configurations, password management, are so well and securely integrated and implemented.

Cons

I find the sharing capabilities of my photos with iCloud are lagging in feature and usability versus the other competitors.

Amazon S3

Special offer from Apple

Google Cloud

Reasons for Switching to iCloud

Better and easier integration with my iPhones.
Maisarah
Maisarah
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

One of the best cloud storage service

Reviewed on 2021/04/22

iCloud is very useful in backing up and storing my files on the cloud space. It help me to clear my phone storage and i only store important file and document on my phone that i usually need it for offline access.

Pros

Using iCloud to saving all my contact information, photo, video, audio and document to the cloud storage is very smooth and effective with this application. It has no file size limitation on how small or big the files that i am uploading to the storage. Changing from my old phone to my new phone is no problem as i can access to my files back as long i am using the same apple id with it.

Cons

Managing the files and emails on this application is quite headache. The searching feature is too slow in showing the result and often, it returned a result that are not matching with the keyword that i have entered. The synchronized process also quite slow and takes some time for it to be shown on the my other device.

Megan

Convenient storage service for Apple users

Reviewed on 2021/04/03

I use iCloud to store all my photos from my iPhone and documents on my Mac. It makes it really easy to access photos I took on my phone from my Mac and vise versa with documents created on my Mac accessed on my phone. It also provides peace of mind knowing that should anything happen to my phone or Mac my photos and documents will be safe on the cloud. If you use Apple products you should try iCloud, especially if you use more than one Apple product and like accessing files between phone and computer.

Pros

I've used other cloud storage services before but iCloud is my favorite for a few reasons. I use only Apple products so iCloud is extremely convenient. The integration is seamless on iPhone and Mac. You can set it up easily and quickly and access the cloud on any of your Apple products. There is a free option that offers a good amount of cloud storage and the paid option is very reasonable for the amount of storage you get.

Cons

I've encountered a few problems with iCloud like my photos not automatically being added to the cloud and not being able to access documents from my Mac that were stored on the cloud from my phone. Most of the time iCloud runs smoothly but every now and then I experience one of these glitches. Luckily customer service is excellent and they always solve the problem fast.

Jonathan
Jonathan
  • Industry: Design

Incredibly easy to use, integrates with the Apple ecosystem perfectly

Reviewed on 2022/02/06

Pros

The ease of use and instant syncing is the best part of iCloud. It just works, as Apple liked to say in the old days. I love being able to pick up any device and have everything I need. I use the 2TB plan, which is an incredible value, and is more storage than I personally will ever need I suspect. If you use Apple devices, there's really no reason not to have an iCloud account, and usually to pay for at least the 200GB tier, unless you really use very little data.

Cons

The only real drawback would be if you use Android or Windows devices, you get less access to features, though some still work. And the Photos syncing to a Mac is sometimes slow.

Nabila
Nabila
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Apple user will love this

Reviewed on 2021/05/12

I really depending on this application to safeguard my online files as the security around this application is quite good and one of the top application for mobile cloud storage.

Pros

I recently need to upgrading my iPhone to a new one, and the iCloud really helping me in transferring all the notes and contact list on my old phone to the new phone. No need to to transferring all of my files to my computer first like the old way. It really saving my time in setting up my new phone.

Cons

I don't like the structure or process when deleting the files on the cloud storage. It will need to be selected manually one by one and no option to deleting it all by bulked. The free storage is quite small compared to other cloud storage software has offered.

Amy
Amy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

iCloud of Ease

Reviewed on 2023/03/13

I love iCloud, it gives me a true sense of safe guarding when it comes to our file storage and security of such

Pros

What I like most about iCloud is the security. The features outside that are impressive as well and the pricing is good.

Cons

What I like least is the fact that when searching for something you must be very specific in what your looking for. And also the file conversion is a bit difficult when sharing across platforms

Hana
Hana
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Important part of Apple products

Reviewed on 2023/03/16

We managed to transfer our client’s and worker’s data from old to new device very easy. In addition it allows to switch between Apple and MS Windows decides instantly. However, version for MS Windows does not offer full access to all functions.

Pros

iCloud is tightly integrated with apple products, perfectly passable and incredibly convenient for Mac and iPhone users in particular. I get all my pictures, documents, mails and so on on secure and safe place. There are frequently backed up, fast uploaded and accessible anytime from every single device (not even Apple device). iCloud also makes it easy to share photos, documents and more with friends, family, coworkers.

Cons

Documents are able to share only with people who have an Apple ID. Unfortunately, access to data is limited from MS Windows devices and we are not able to access all data, but only the basic ones, which is, on the other hand, mostly fully sufficient. Controlling the entire iCloud is too simple and slow in the MS Windows version. Such a design is too simple and does not meet the requirements of the 21st century.

Goma

Seamless Integration and Easy Sharing

Reviewed on 2023/04/26

The seamless integration and ease of use are big selling points, and while the storage limitations can be annoying, the added security and sharing capabilities are definitely worth considering.

Pros

I'm pretty happy with I cloud's service. One of the things I love most about it is how seamlessly it integrates with all of my Apple devices. Whether I'm using my iPhone, iPad, or MacBook, my data is always synced and up-to-date. Plus, the user interface is super easy to navigate. Another thing I appreciate about iCloud is the ability to easily share files and data with others.

Cons

The limited amount of free storage can be a real pain, especially if you have a lot of data to store. I've had to upgrade my storage several times, which can add up over time. Additionally, while iCloud can be accessed from a web browser on non-Apple devices, it's not as seamless as it is on Apple devices. And if you're not heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem, you may find that iCloud doesn't meet all of your needs.

Craig

For many-device or heavy backup/cloud sync needs, stay far away or use additional backup...

Reviewed on 2018/07/06

Pros

When I first used with just an iPhone and an iMac, everything worked pretty well and there is really no configuration. Current plans and family sharing make it a pretty affordable cloud/sync option for everyday users.

Cons

iCloud isn't a true backup-type solution (even iCloud Drive) and once I became a power user and added another Macbook, Apple TV, and Apple Watch, it became a living nightmare once it broke. After 6 months I am still trying to piece together all my files and photos to ultimately get off iCloud as best I can.

Apple makes it nearly impossible not to use iCloud somewhat. You will experience non-stop synching issues once you get a large iCloud drive or photos library, and since it is designed to "just work" there are no controls or settings to stop it. You can't really turn it off, either, since it will hang and then scatter remnants of your file folders in the iCloud Archive. Once corrupted or you start having sync issues, all your devices will malfunction constantly and there is not much you can do...everything from my Apple Watch music loading to the battery life tanking happened. I'm referring to 15+ GB photo libraries and 80+ GB of files in an iCloud drive....if you have 3+ Apple devices and large amounts of files that are important, immediately find a secondary backup and try to move photos and important files there.

I've used OneDrive's app for photo syncing on my iPhone and then to my Mac, and used Google's wonderful Drive FileStream (available with GSuite business accounts) to keep things in place while I've restored, reset, etc. more than 200 times in the past several months. I have 5-10 copies of all my folders scattered over computers and iCloud Archive files I am still trying to sort out.

Lena
  • Industry: Veterinary

iCloud is a waste of money

Reviewed on 2022/11/15

Using iCloud for basic back up storage is about the only thing I would recommend iCloud for. Otherwise I feel that the features are very limited and hard to use. I still have no idea how to access my full iCloud data much less how to get my employees to be able to find an access it. I also find that when trying to find and view data in my iCloud that it has been deleted without my knowledge. I do not trust iCloud and I do not feel my data is safe or that it is an investment that is time efficient for my company. I do not recommend iCloud, use a different software.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set it up and start backing up my data. I also like how easy it is to change my plan as needed.

Cons

I really don’t like how I feel I have no access to my iCloud data. I know it’s there, but I have no idea how to find and access it easily and quickly, much less have my employees access it. I also feel that my data is not as safe as on other platforms. I feel that things are subject to being deleted without my knowledge. The pricing is also very expensive for the limited features I receive compared to other products.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to iCloud

I thought that it would be easy to use.
Barbara
  • Industry: Photography

iCloud is something that I can't live without!

Reviewed on 2022/03/04

Whether I'm in the office, sitting at a coffee shop, or traveling and in a hotel room, my files are always with me! I'm more productive as I always have access to update them. When I have free time they are always with me to continue my project and I can do it on whatever device I have with me! No longer is a file sitting on my 'desktop' and I'm on the road!

Pros

The fact that my files/photos are always with me is so important! They are instantly synched across all my Apple devices so a file I was working on in the office is still with me when I get home... or to the coffee shop where I can continue my work on whatever device I have with me. It allows me to choose what files I want synched thereby allowing me to control how much storage space I need. And additional storage space is pretty inexpensive. The convenience of having my work with me without having to download files to a thumb drive/portable hard drive, etc. before leaving is such a time saver! It allows me to always be prepared to discuss a current project!

Cons

I haven't found a downside to this software! It's awesome!

Mahendra
Mahendra
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Mycloud MySecurity

Reviewed on 2021/07/24

My experience from shifting android is like just wow very cool i really very happy and satisfied while using icloud over any platform i know its expensive while we upgrading to storage but i think it's worth coz the security and and access that it's provide i think no any company can beat so if you're like me who cares about privacy and safety i definetly suggest to shift iCloud

Pros

Yeah i am very very impressed while i am switching from android but man the icloud is just wow i can easily login everywhere and access and also manage my data too much easily and i am govt servent so i need full of security coz many files are sensitive so it helps me more and my all apps data including third party apps was very greatly stored so i can easily switch to any iPhone with only just login my icloud with all data

Cons

Coz is just like it giving 5gb free storage so i think its not enough like me if it was 10gb so i think its better, some android apps integration is not possible in iPhone coz its privacy and security issues ,
so except this 2 things i don't think so you get any trouble