4,5
Wendy T.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

icloud

Reviewed on 2020/05/25

Pros

Most likely if you have an iPhone you will you other apple products! For me, i have an iPhone and MacBook and what I like about Icloud is the ability of information and data to be seamless integrated from products to products. iCloud has never failed me in syncing data from my old iPhone to my upgraded iPhone in the past!

Cons

In my experiences with iCloud I don't think I've ever had a disappointing moment. One thing I would point out is that it would ask us to buy more storage once we ran out of place to store our information.

Yaroslav K.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Best cloud solution for Iphone, Mac users

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

I am using icloud almost daily for my personal cloud data movements.

Pros

I really love the simplisity and the integrations that icloud provides. If you have an iphone, mac or any other apple product or several - icloud is a best cloud solution for you.

Cons

Pricing often can be an issues, here, I would really appreciate more flexible plans and solutions for students and families.

Christopher M.
Industry: Writing & Editing
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Easy cloud-based file storage and sharing

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Pros

iCloud supports users in two key ways. First, it allows users to store their mac files remotely, which means that someone working from home on a desktop could then arrive at work and use an alternate desktop/laptop to access the same files, as if using the same computer. Second, it operates as a potential backup. I spilled water on my laptop and it wouldn't turn back on. I quickly turned on another computer that also shared my iCloud files, and all of my work--including what I had just been developing--showed up. If it weren't for iCloud, I wouldn't have those files anymore.

Cons

The sharing is designed to be seamless, but as a result there are limited ways in which users can easily select or make modifications to what is stored in iCloud and what is not. This is a result of Apple wanting to make the experience as invisible and frictionless as possible, but as a user who likes to modify my software to suit my needs, I wouldn't mind a bit more hands-on control.

Craig R.

For many-device or heavy backup/cloud sync needs, stay far away or use additional backup solution

Reviewed on 2018/07/06

Pros

When I first used with just an iPhone and an iMac, everything worked pretty well and there is really no configuration. Current plans and family sharing make it a pretty affordable cloud/sync option for everyday users.

Cons

iCloud isn't a true backup-type solution (even iCloud Drive) and once I became a power user and added another Macbook, Apple TV, and Apple Watch, it became a living nightmare once it broke. After 6 months I am still trying to piece together all my files and photos to ultimately get off iCloud as best I can.

Apple makes it nearly impossible not to use iCloud somewhat. You will experience non-stop synching issues once you get a large iCloud drive or photos library, and since it is designed to "just work" there are no controls or settings to stop it. You can't really turn it off, either, since it will hang and then scatter remnants of your file folders in the iCloud Archive. Once corrupted or you start having sync issues, all your devices will malfunction constantly and there is not much you can do...everything from my Apple Watch music loading to the battery life tanking happened. I'm referring to 15+ GB photo libraries and 80+ GB of files in an iCloud drive....if you have 3+ Apple devices and large amounts of files that are important, immediately find a secondary backup and try to move photos and important files there.

I've used OneDrive's app for photo syncing on my iPhone and then to my Mac, and used Google's wonderful Drive FileStream (available with GSuite business accounts) to keep things in place while I've restored, reset, etc. more than 200 times in the past several months. I have 5-10 copies of all my folders scattered over computers and iCloud Archive files I am still trying to sort out.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Steven N.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Great platform and vehicle to use. I recommend this instead of using google

Pros

iCloud is a great way for expanding space when space is filled on your device. The cloud is user friendly and able to have information available

Cons

I wish the pricing would be a little lower when it comes to space as it seems we never needed this with the first 1-7 iphones

Industry: Retail
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

ICloud You

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/06/13

Overall of using Icloud was not happy due of a 5gb capacity of it and if you travel all the time you will see to your phone that apple will send would you like to upgrade you gb usages.

Pros

You can download some datas and photos but with the limited Gb status.

Cons

ICloud usages are very small even no cannot download everything.
Icloud is asking a payment if you want to widen up yours storage.
Icloud is not a friendly user due everytime you update your phone and plug it to itunes all of your details will remove.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Nathan S.

iCloud - The Default Storage Choice for Apple Users

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Pros

iCloud is Apple’s answer to Google Drive and other online storage options. I have used it for slightly over 2 years and there are some areas where it works and other areas where it doesn’t work. Here are my thoughts on it:

1. iCloud works better if you in the Apple ecosystem. If you live and breathe Apple, iCloud can seem magical and wonderful all in one. It works for syncing documents, contacts and backups and it is all done securely. If you have multiple devices, simply logging into your Apple ID gives you access to all your iCloud content.

2. iCloud drive allows you to easily share documents between devices and with Apple features like continuity allows you to pick up work and other things on another device. This is probably the best feature of iCloud in my opinion.

3. The Files App and Finder allow you to view and share, delete and edit cloud based documents. If you have specific apps linked to iCloud drive, you will find it easy to see the changes in near real time.

4. I consider the entry level 5GB to be a con but on the flip side, the pricing for other storage tiers feels fairly reasonable in my opinion. I just wish Apple started out at 10GB not the measly 5GB.

5. The Find My iPhone/Mac feature is just genius. I lost a phone a few months ago and was able to login and block if from being used within minutes after it was taken.

Cons

As mentioned before, I do not think 5GB cloud storage makes any sense in 2019. I found that within a few weeks, I was already using 90%+ of my storage.

If you have a Windows laptop, I wish you good luck making iCloud work well there. You may download an app that installs it on your computer but it seems it is only good for iCloud Photos but it is not as intuitive and functional as if you were on a Mac or iOS device.

I am also not sure if iCloud can be business friendly, it seems more tailored to individuals and families. If you ask me, Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive do more on the business front compared to Apple. So for personal use, yes sure, but for business, you are better off looking elsewhere.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Matt L.
Industry: Animation
Company size: Self Employed

Great but a little high, and Apple doesn't play ball with android of windows very easily..

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/11/01

I like them, don't get me wrong, but they kind of pressure you to sign up for more storage in a way that is not cool with me. I sold my iPhone because of it. They only give you 2GB or less and make all of your Apple devices use the same account. This results in you getting DOZENS of notifications every day telling you to upgrade and its very discouraging. If Apple doesn't start playing ball soon, they could end up tanking as a company, especially with Jobs gone.

Pros

Fast, decent price, and works well with Apple devices. The problem is that it doesn't work well with non-Apple devices at all.

Cons

I really wish Apple wasn't so stubborn. Being closed off to other operating systems may give them a little short term profit, but it is going to hurt their reputation in the long run. I think less of Apple because of their refusal to play ball with other companies and because of them stiffing their customers by refusing to move their phones to usb C even though they forced their laptops into it too early. This kind of mindset leaks into the iCloud use because it isn't compatible with as many devices. That is why I switched to google drive.

Carlos H.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Such an amazing feature to have for all Apple ecosystem users

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Been using it since its release years ago and yet to be disappointed

Pros

How all my information is always stored, everytime i get a new apple product all i have to do is sign in and all my information is stored. Pictures, messages, emails and contacts oh and documents all accesible on your iphone macs ipad.

Cons

I loved everything about it since i am soo integrated in the Apple ecosystem

Likhwa m. M.
Industry: Computer Software

Safe and sound in icloud

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

I found it rather useful and it proved critical in backing up my info when I needed it.

Pros

I like the intergration with most of my phone's features as well as the ability to use it on a desktop.

Cons

I did not like the limited space. 5gb is too little on the free tier. I also wish it had an offline feature because I often had to re-download my files and the data is expensive where I live.

Madhu S.
Industry: Graphic Design

Almost perfect

Reviewed on 2017/09/10

Pros

1) Integrated into Mac, iPhone and iPad, so there is nothing to do, set up or think about. You can just start using it.
2) Very stable and reliable. I have never had any problems or issues with it duplicating a file that has been edited on different devices.
3) Very fast. When I change a file on a local device it is instantly uploaded to iCloud.
4) Wonderful web interface: The interface for accessing your files via the web is wonderful. It is almost as good as a native app with the exception of it being a little slow.
5) Competitively price storage: The free plan comes with 5GB storage. Extra storage can be added at a compeitive price.

Cons

iCloud only has one drawback which is the lack of the ability to set your own encryption key for your files.
In many ways this is only a minor issue because Apple have exceptional security. However, if someone ever managed to hack into Apple servers, then your data would be compromised. If it was possible for you to set a personal encryption key, this would not be an issue.

Khristina B.
Industry: Consumer Services

iCloud

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

I love that I am apple to access everything that I use and would need at any time on all of my apple devices.

Pros

The best part of icloud is that is seamlessly syncs photos apps, and just about anything connected to your apple devices. I love that I am also able to access the information on my children's devices as well.

Cons

I don't like the amount of storage that is given for free. It seems small when multiple devices can be attached to one cloud. However, it is easy to purchase more storage.

Sebastian V.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

iCloud Reviwe - Sebastian Van Hemert

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

Overall, I have had a positive experience with iCloud. I just wish it can adjust its prices because that I believe that if a customer already has an Apple product, they should automatically be entitled to more storage and for free.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is its compatibility with all of my Apple products. I have an iPhone, a Macbook Pro, and an iPad Mini, and I am able to sync the data between all three devices through this service. Also, I like how I can access iCloud through any web browser by utilizing the iCloud website. This has helped me when I have needed files from my iCloud but was using my assigned Chromebook when I was in high school. This feature does not serve me that much now but I understand how it can be useful. One of the most useful features of iCloud is its capability to create space on my iPhone because I usually purchase iPhones with the least amount of storage.

Cons

I do not like how expensive iCloud can be in comparison to its competitors such as Google Drive, which offers more space for free. Right now, I have an iCloud plan that is $0.99/month and it can only do so much. My phone is constantly telling me to upgrade plans because I have reached my iCloud storage limit but instead I just use Google for that extra space. I still keep my iCloud service, though, because it is useful up until where it gets me.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Benjamin B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

iCloud makes using Apple Products easier

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

iCloud is a cloud storage service for iOS and Mac products. It offers in its basic version free storage of up to 5 GB which can be extended with a paid plan. Especially with Apple products, iCloud integrates well and for example synchronizes photos, messages, etc. and stores them for a quick backup when needed. But iCloud does more than that. The online website of iCloud gives access to contacts and email but also to several other programs like Pages, to make presentations, work on text documents, etc.

Cons

iCloud only works well with Apple products. So if you use for example Windows and Mac Computers or an Android and an iOS smartphone, there is no way to use iCloud without any issues. On the other hand, Google and its cloud services work fully on both Apple and Android devices as well as on Windows, Linux, etc.

Rachel N.
Industry: Construction

iCloud saved my life

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

iCloud is a great tool, and it is something that I suggest that every apple user explores. Purchase more storage for all of your items. Trust me, it is worth it.

Pros

iCloud is always there to save the day! If your device decides to stop working on you, iCloud has your back. My phone recently just decided to not turn on ever again, and all of my personal, work, and professional organization items were stored in that phone Thankfully, iCloud continuously backed everything up (own its own I might add) and I was good to go once I got my new phone set up. You can always purchase more storage for a low price if you need it.

Cons

N/A. iCloud is a lifesaver. I truly can't think of a single thing that I dislike about it.

James S.
Industry: Construction

Umm get it lol

Reviewed on 2020/11/26

Love it and have to have it.

Pros

It holds my life. No seriously everything in one place. Photos documents it is all there when I need it and all in one place.

Cons

There has never been an issue for me. I have not had a single problem.

Akeem E.
Industry: Entertainment

Worth paying for the extra storage

Reviewed on 2020/07/12

Overall, it’s a great software to have.

Pros

I like how it helps to alleviate clutter from my device.

Cons

I didn’t like that it erased all of my photos without back up.

Industry: Retail
Company size: Self Employed

iCloud - View of an executive in the tech field.

Reviewed on 2020/08/29

Amazing.

Pros

Apple = Ease of use.
$0.99 for 50GB ? That's a great deal.
Apple is know for making UI and services easy to use.
I personally use iCloud to backup notes, contacts, and most importantly my huge WhatsApp backup.
It's such a relief knowing that your data is safe, especially, safe with Apple, a company that prioritizes user privacy and user rights.

Cons

In less developed countries, iCloud photos can be hectic, upload times might be slow, and users encounter a lot of problems with their gallery.
At times, photos are gone, other times videos won't load and are stuck on the loading wheel inside the photos app, sometimes even contacts might suddenly disappear.
Long story short, there are iCloud users In countries where download speed is less than 1MB/s

Bill K.
Industry: Graphic Design

Great for apple ecosystem

Reviewed on 2020/09/13

You'll love it if you are everything die hard for apple. But the true is everyone has different needs and the experience should be the same no matter what device you use.

Pros

I like the seamless integration between apple devices and the cloud. Apple has done a great job in coding and designing the software and user interface.

Cons

Why is it so hard to use icloud on PC. I always have to log on and verify my PC when logging on and the integration is not as smooth. I don't think there is even a desktop app you can download, it just takes me to the browser application. Also don't buy more storage for photos. Truly a waste of money. Uses google photos.

Ayriana B.
Industry: Online Media

iCloud

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Pros

Everything. The different features, the cloud backup

Cons

Nothing, I don't anything that I least like about the software

Hope V.
Industry: Museums & Institutions

iCloud Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

I like iCloud because my photos are the most important thing on my phone and it holds them. I do photos for personal use and for work. I have found recently that it seems to be filling up more quickly and I am regularly having to go in and delete a ton of stuff (I do pay for upgraded storage already). It seems like I am deleting things weekly now. Regardless, I am not going to stop using it because it holds really important things for me.

Pros

Things I like:
- backs up my info everywhere
- can hold quite a bit
- easily accessible

Cons

Things I dislike:
- storage seems to fill up quickly
- taking things out of iCloud doesn't always give you much more storage

Company size: Self Employed

Great Storage Choice For Apple Users!

Reviewed on 2020/04/02

Keep documents and memories safe with iCloud, a great cloud storage solution for all Apple Users

Pros

iCloud is great for backing up whatever information you want to keep! Especially photos and messages that you don't want to lose. iCloud will have everything backed up and you won't have to worry if you lose your phone, iPad etc. Your memories will be saved on iCloud and won't be lost!

Cons

iCloud works pretty well and stores everything in a safe location. The only con about iCloud is that whenever you're close to running out of space it keeps alerting you that it's running out and asks you to expand storage space very consistently. Also, maybe a bit more storage space for each account would be better, rather than the default 5GB.

Angelo C.

Works great within the Apple ecosystem

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

iCloud has come a long way on iOS. Finally you have the app files on iOS which allows me to complete tasks on my iPad with easy. Previously I might have preferred my mac for most paper work. But nowadays through iCloud and the other features of iOS I can really move forward fast with my problems on the go or during meetings.

My favourite feature: Syncing the Mac desktop and documents folder with my other Apple devices.

Cons

iCloud works on all my Apple devices but for non Apple platforms only on Windows with subpar support.

Rebecca E.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Helpful for Apple users

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

My overall experience with using icloud has been very good! I have actually recommended it to family members.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. When using it on my phone all I need to do is have my phone charging overnight and it will automatically upload all of the new items that I have added to my phone throughout that day.

Cons

I don't like that in order to increase storage space you have to pay a monthly fee. It would be much better for their customers if they increased storage the longer that you are a customer using their product.

Industry: Banking

missing piece to connecting laptop and mobile phone

Reviewed on 2018/03/24

Pros

Your phone will walk you through the enrollment however hooking it up to your laptop is a bit trickier. Once set up the, using iCloud is a background activity that makes processes smoother. Bookmarks or current open tabs carry over devices including messages if desired.

Cons

Be leary of shared accounts. It makes sense to share an iCloud account for shared access to photos and so on, however set it up incorrectly and you will also share messages and browser history. Set up a family plan with separate email accounts.