Emburse Abacus

Real-time employee expense management software

G. keenan S.

Effortless expense tracking and management

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

Having come from a huge tech company that had their own proprietary software to submit and reimburse expenses, Abacus is a breath of fresh air. It's unbelievably easy to use and both their website and their mobile app are clean, intuitive and get out of my way.

I don't feel like I'm jumping through hoops or need to go through a bunch of red tape to get expenses reimbursed, and it helps me keep track of when my expenses are approved and reimbursements are being distributed.

It's amazing being able to just take a photo of a receipt right from the app and upload it immediately. Don't need to hold onto receipts or gather scans in another app.

Seriously, this software is so simple. Every company should use it.

Cons

I've had the mobile app crash a few times or just become unresponsive, but this is so inconsistent that I don't really think I've ever been inconvenienced by it.

• Used Other for 2+ years

Best Expense Tracker

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

Pros

Easiest to use expense tracking software. Just snap a receipt and send to your approving manager gets notified. Quick and easy to categorize expenses appropriately, as well.

Cons

No cons, been very happy with Abacus and current and prior companies that have used this software.

Bryant S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Abacus as a simple and worthwhile expense tool.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Pros

Abacus has so many feature, it is practically limitless. We were able to use it to shorten our expense process drastically. Not to mention the fact that the Abacus team is extremely helpful. Their introduction emails answer your questions before you even have a chance to ask them! For us, Abacus was the perfect choice as it offered us both a simple and practical expense platform to start with as well as a technology we will be able to use moving forward and integrate with our accounting software as our sales representatives become more aware of the product. (Which isn't too tough! Its incredibly simple to use!) Pricing is at a great point as well. However, if a user does not submit an expense they will not pay for that month! I would not trust those who offer "free expense software." Those at Abacus are professionals, hands down, no doubt.

Cons

I really have few cons for the software. I think it would be nice to see more instructional videos that we could share with our sales team so that we did not have to explain the software to them. That being said, the software is intuitive and we had few problems helping everyone get up to speed. All in all, there is little to complain about considering how much bang you get for your buck.

Rebecca K.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easiest Way to Manage Your Business Transactions

Reviewed on 2017/10/10

This software tremendously helps the accounting team at our Firm. It also helps the users who are required to submit corporate expenses. The categories and customization fields allow this product to be extremely useful.

Pros

I love the Abacus. It's extremely easy to navigate your way throughout the site, and it takes only a few seconds to upload images of your receipt/add a quick description of your expense. I also like that you can create different categories and can require specific fields to be answered. This is extremely useful on the admin side when users are uploading their information for Corporate expenses. It leaves less room for exclusions to me made. This programs took me approximately 30 minutes to learn and I've used it every day since.

Cons

My least favorite thing about this product is just the price, honestly. I feel it is a bit high, but the product is great and the customer service is very helpful, so all in all it's worth the money.

Very user friendly and straight forward

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

We switched from Concur to Abacus to handle our employee T&E.

Pros

The way the mobile app and web app work together makes it very easy to upload receipts from your phone and manage your expenses on your laptop.

Cons

Sometimes the mobile app will crash or not function properly - its not quite as built out as the web app.

• Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

The interface is easy to use and expensing on this system is very quick. I use my phone regularly and the biggest benefit is when you can use your phone to upload the expenses on. This makes it relevant and direct, which cuts out paperwork.

Cons

It would be good on the dashboard to see what the expenses have been paid, not just how much has been aggregated.

Michael N.

Reviewed on 2016/04/29

Eric S.

Must have for any startup!

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

If you're still using manual expense reporting, then you need to block off an hour today and implement Abacus immediately. It will save you and your team dozens of hours while giving you better insights and controls over your expense policies. Easy setup that takes less than 30 minutes, and an email to your teammates. Do it.

Varun S.

Best Expense Software I've Ever Used

Reviewed on 2015/05/01

Abacus is drop-dead easy. Snap a photo of your receipt, input the amount and the vendor, and a description. And you're done. I'm submitting expenses before I get up from the table of the meal that I'm expensing. Super easy for our finance team to review and I have money in my bank account in a few days.

Steve Y.

Keeps me organized

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

It has changed the way we expense things. We used to all have separate cards and it cost us a lot on personal expenses slipping through. With there was an alert system when certain limits were crossed. There probably is.

Anna L.

We love Abacus!

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

Abacus has made the expensing process very easy and efficient. We do not have to wait as long to get reimbursed.

Ashley S.

Abacus Review

Reviewed on 2015/11/23

Pros

Very easy to use, very easy to teach employees to use

Cons

Unable to customize export file before downloading to CSV. Not a big deal, but it would be a nice feature to have.

David C.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Bad product

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

This has been the worst business decision we have made. We were looking for a case management software to streamline increase efficiency. The sales promises about this were simply not true and the free training is a joke. It is so basic that it served no purpose.

Pros

The support team is very responsive. The product may be great but once you purchase it they want more money to deliver the product rather than deliver the product.

Cons

The product is difficult to use, and simply does not offer the features that are available in quick books.
It is a huge step backwards and requires an amazing amount of time to deal with glitches. It frustrates rather than enhance outlook. The product is outrageously priced for what we are able to do.
I was assured it was the right product for my small firm but I don't think so.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

Pros

Abacus is great - both online and in their app. It's simple to submit (and approve) expenses to keep your team moving.

Cons

There are random bugs that appear in the mobile version that seem to be easily resolved by restarting.

Mal A.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Makes expensing a lot easier

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Much easier to use compared to previous reimbursement systems I've used (paper receipt submission / using spreadsheets).

Pros

Abacus is a really easy way to submit receipts and costs for reimbursement without too much hassle. The interface is very simple - just drag and drop images or PDFs of your receipts.

Cons

It's hard to have a timeline of when costs will be approved, since that depends on the administrator or manager manually saying yes to them (at least in our case). But, once funds are approved it's pretty quickly deposited into your bank account.

Supreeth S.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Expense System with Easy usage

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Pros

Abacus is a extremely useful expense software with ability to drag images from the platform and also can download images from the phone app.

Cons

The aggregate expense with outstanding amount shall be displayed on home page that will be very helpful for any user.

Devani S.

So far so good!

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

Pros

We have been using this system for about five months now. The website and mobile app are user-friendly, which is the biggest pro. It can also be customized to fit your business structure. Overall, the system has delivered well on most of what it promised.

Cons

I think our only con so far is that the system does not integrate with our accounting software as we were told it would.

Jodus M.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Complete recommendation

Reviewed on 2018/02/17

Pros

We have used their services once only last year and thoroughly would recommend their customer service

Cons

They are small and may take some time to get assistance. They seem to be always busy which can be both a pro and a con

Mike B.

Buyer Beware

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

We left Insynq after 6 years, after their hacking experience and went to Cloud 9. We did not like Cloud 9 at all and went back to Insynq. Now Cloud 9 tells us we are locked in for 36 months. We tried to reduce users from 3 to 1 (which was our original user count) and they say we can't do that either. Need I say more ? ! These people are dishonest in my view. Insynq are wonderful to deal with !!!

Pros

Probably a decent product. My issues are the fact that using their shared servers causes a frustrating experience when accessing our software each time.

Cons

Very aggravating interface. I believe they have deceptive marketing practices.

James M.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great For large Firms

Reviewed on 2016/10/11

This is a great system for large firms. It will handle everything you will need to do. You can cover all needs of the firm with this product.

Pros

The Tech support is very good and very willing to help if you have any kind of issues.

Jasleen L.

Excellent and most user friendly Expense Reimbursement platform.

Reviewed on 2015/03/26

Pros

Simplicity and ease of use along with the timeliness of payments.

Cons

There is nothing that I would change about this platform.

Andrew L.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Abacus consolidates real time

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Pros

Expenses made easy and tracking done correctly. Credit cards and mileage is now easier than ever before.

Cons

After my employees turn in accurate expenses, I have to pay them. I don’t really like that, but that’s business.

Scott F.

Worked wonders for our organization

Reviewed on 2014/08/16

I cannot say enough about how much we love and could not live without Abacus. It has revolutionized the way we handle expense reports and the speed with which we are able to get our employees the money they deserve. A total time-saver for everyone involved.

The customer service has been outstanding, helping answer our questions every step of the way.

Belal A.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Amazing product that has made getting expenses paid so much easier!

Reviewed on 2014/08/22

Pros

I like the ease of use. I was able to pick it up very quickly.

Cons

I haven't had any problems with the product so far. A manager has to invite you to use the app.

Mike M.

Abacus Review

Reviewed on 2015/03/26

Pros

It is very easy to use and straightforward. Also enjoy the design of the interface and its aesthetically pleasing appearance.

Cons

Really nothing. It does everything I need it to, easily. Maybe make the charts section a little more detailed. Looks pretty basic.