JobNimbus Reviews

JobNimbus

Write a Review!
Be more professional, profitable, efficient, and organized.

4.6/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.5/5

James
James

Love the system, Ronnie has been great to work with.

Reviewed on 2018/02/03

Pros

Keeping track of multiple offices, being able to talk to each user. Track conversations of with customers.

Cons

Would like to integrate excel with the program. I would like to separate different office managers from seeing each other's area.

Response from JobNimbus

James, thank you for your wonderful review. We especially appreciate the details you shared about how well our software is working across multiple sites or offices. We also love your feedback about integrating Microsoft Excel. Although our philosophy is to get away from spreadsheets and into tools that have more options and usability, we understand that each business has its own flow and preferences. Users can attach spreadsheets in JobNimbus, but it sounds like you may have a different solution in mind. Also, it may be helpful to use our Groups feature, and our Support team can help you get set up with that. If you haven't already reached out to [email protected] or (855) 964-6287, we'd love the opportunity to troubleshoot this with you.

Rafael

It works if you put in the work.

Reviewed on 2023/03/29

It was alright; it felt like we were overpromised a little. I expected that from a SAAS company. If we were a little bit larger with a better rollout, we would probably still use JobNimbus

Pros

Job Nimbus is probably the most customizable CRM for roofing companies. It's also very affordable at that. If you have the resources and time to invest in the program, I'm positive this is an industry-leading CRM. There are a lot of integrations that are available as well.

Cons

That being said, those integrations are often finicky at best. Nothing flows easily if you don't have the team to properly onboard the software and manually enter information into each subset. I would compare JobNimbus and its competition to Apple vs. Android. One is very open source while sacrificing its ease of use. In contrast, its competitor is less customizable but easier to roll out (IMO, as a smaller company without a full team handling the integrations, etc.)For our size, we felt as if it was lacking in the integrations.

AccuLynx and Leap

Reasons for Switching to JobNimbus

It had a lower buy-in cost and seemed integrate-able.

Great concept for construction companies - Massive room for improvement

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

JobNimbus was built specifically for construction companies and offers an end-to-end solution, from Lead Acquisition to Invoicing. It's extremely difficult to tweak and configure more "generalist" CRM's and Project Management apps to fit the construction industry workflows and specific steps, so there definitely is value in this software. Although it is far from perfect, it offers an almost ready-made solution for construction and roofing companies, allowing for a fairly quick onboarding.
The starting idea is great, but it is definitely perfectible. The biggest flaw with JoNimbus is the fact that it has different workflows for Contacts (homeowners and people in general), and for Jobs (actual work being performed). While it sounds great, once you dig a little deeper, you realize that the pre-defined statuses for Contacts and Jobs are the same! This, instead of creating clarity and differentiating both aspects of a job, leads to massive confusions with low-tech employees: if a Sales Rep saves a contract under a Contact instead of a job, the person looking for that contract under Job will not find it unless they look under Contact. It might be hard to understand if you have never used JobNimbus, but the bottom line is it creates (many) mix-ups.
Additionally, the mobile apps are so bad our people have stopped using them and are opening the desktop version on their mobile devices. All in all, we are better off with JN than without, but needs a lot of improvement.

Pros

- Designed specifically for Construction and Roofing companies
- End-to-end solution, from Lead Acquisition to Invoicing (not advanced financials though, it won't replace your accounting software)
- Highly customizable (although not as much as we'd like or need)
- reasonably priced when compared to alternatives, no setup fees
- Great customer support

Cons

- Confusing workflows (more on that below)
- Not the easiest program for people who are not tech-savvy, steep learning curve
- TERRIBLE mobile apps (IOS & Android). It's so bad our field guys have resorted to opening the desktop version on their browsers
- Custom template building somehow limited: no math formulas allowed, inserting tables and making them fit the page is a pain
- The main dashboard and the constant notifications and task reminders are overwhelming instead of being useful

AccuLynx
Tom

JobNimbus Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

It is a CRM that is specifically suited to what we do.

It is a CRM that is specifically suited to what we do.

Pros

The ability to phone, text, email, and note from the app and see an immediate upload to the web version. Great way to document the communication flow with a client.

Cons

Nothing of any consequence. Keep up the great work.

Response from JobNimbus

We are glad you are finding JobNimbus so helpful!

Alison

JobNimbus for Roofers

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

The software is friendlier than other systems I have used

The software is friendlier than other systems I have used

Pros

That you can keep everything about a job all in one location. It’s very convenient and the software can do everything you need to complete the job start to finish

Cons

Setup and customization is not very easy and the support staff is not as familiar as they could be

Insightly

Reasons for Switching to JobNimbus

The friendliness of the software beat out the competition and the space was endless

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks Alison!

Setup and customization is a top priority for us right now, so we're definitely working to make this experience more delightful!

Jason

JobNimbus Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

Pros

It was aesthetic and super easy to use, with everything very intuitive

Cons

There were some things i couldnt find like putting notes or somthing, and sometimes a little slow

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks Jason! I know our team is working on updates to performance for both the web and mobile apps, so things should be getting faster for you!

If you ever have trouble finding anything, please send an email to [email protected] and they can help you out!

Nicole

Happy Overall

Reviewed on 2023/07/31

Clear layout, easy to navigate and implement. I have used many CRM's, this one is by far the most simplest and yet thorough format I have utilized. Enjoying it over all.

Pros

Credit card integration, ease of creating a contact, easy tabs and feature navigation, lots of great report options, color organizing boards, many category options for job status. Accounting integrations are nice.

Cons

1st is we are not utilizing it right. We should be creating a single contact for each address. Customers could have paired or sister accounts, if say they own more than one property, but we definitely, should be creating a "Job" under a contact. Instead of creating a "new contact" for every lead/new job. Now we have multiple contacts for the same address, and each time it requires a unique identified since it can' be duplicated. This will become an issue long termCustomer Service - We do get fairly quick responses, however it seems the communication about the issue and getting to a resolution is sometimes tasking. The reps seem to repeat information you have already provided them as a resolution, not ask the right questions, get confused about the issue, close out tickets before the issue is resolved fully. I feel I have to get our head rep involved on tickets /conversations with specialists because the issue is going round and round. Sometimes I feel they complicate things, almost as if they aren't taking the time to read and understand the issue, or jump to what they find will resolve it before asking questions to clarify confusion they may have. The other thing that is somewhat a nuisance is just how new JN is, and that so many things are in beta, or testing. Also that some things are buggy, and getting attention to ideas or improvements may take a long time, and you do not get updates on the status of things you have requested a need for or improvement on.

Amanda

Job Nimbus is great for Roofing!

Reviewed on 2023/08/01

Its been wonderful - onboarding was so easy with their help and customer service has been prompt to answer any questions we've had.

Pros

Job Nimbus has helped so much with our organization and customer communication. Its so easy to customize to our needs and I love that!

Cons

I would love for the scheduling features to be updated a bit and to be able to manage not customer projects - administrative projects - within JobNimbus

AccuLynx, Jobber and Wave

Wave
Scott

Love the Nimbus!

Reviewed on 2023/08/01

I love it. I use it everyday to keep track of where my company is in sales, where leads are in the process and where jobs are in production

Pros

Ease of use! Doesn’t take a super skilled computer programmer to operate

Cons

Wish there was a service option for when homeowners call for something on the project you completed that is covered under warranty.

MarketSharp

Reasons for Switching to JobNimbus

Functionality. Ease of use.
Eric
Eric

No Drive To Improve

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

App is ok, but our backend and office personnel have major, unsolved issues. I wish I had never started using this company.

Pros

It's inexpensive and it's fairly easy. Most competent owners can set it up the way that they would like, instead of having to pay the company to do it for them.

The mobile app is pretty good.

Cons

Support is awful. You send an email and wait for a response. Phone support consists of leaving a voicemail and getting called back. Feature suggestions are ignored. We have a ticket open regarding QB sync for months now, escalated to senior development.

No one at JN wants to be the best. No one reaches for the brass ring. No one wants JN to absolutely be the best that it can be. Pay your bill, take what you get. That's all. I would never recommend this to anyone. We will likely stay for a while because retraining a whole team is a pain, but I would advise anyone considering JN to stay away.

wayne

ReHome Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

Overall, we are pretty happy with it. We will continue to use it and build it out. So far, JobNimbus staff seems really eager to listen to the needs of their customers and work toward solutions. That is a big plus for us. We don't mind growing with the software as long as it is continually improving.

Pros

Ease of Use. JN has most of the features that we need as a remodeling company. Good support if we run into something we need assistance with.

Cons

Phone app needs to be a little more robust. Need to be able to see contacts in board view in the phone app and be able to navigate from that view. This is a huge disadvantage when working on the go. With large number of products it would be much easier to find contact in the appropriate workflow- filtering is too cumbersome.

Amanda

JobNimbus is a great program but

Reviewed on 2022/01/27

JobNimbus was GREAT! Just a little too pricey compared to another program that has everything they have.

Pros

JobNimbus had everything we were looking for in a CRM for our company to keep track of all of our customers and set tasks in each of their files so no one was forgotten. We liked especially how you can assign multiple employees to a single task in the file.

Cons

JobNimbus ended up being too much money for what was offered so we did end up implementing a different CRM for our company to use but we still maintain 1 log in so we don't lose all of our prior customer's information/project notes.

Dana

Tough to set up...then worth it

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

We had a few integration issues that took a long time to fix, but the customer support team seemed to hang in there with us until resolved.

Pros

Integrations are almost limitless - with suppliers, quickbooks, online calendars, etc

Cons

All those options require a LOT of decisions and time to set up

AccuLynx and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing JobNimbus

More features to track progress of leads not just jobs

Housecall Pro

integration with Beacon
Patty

Job nimbus

Reviewed on 2019/08/25

Job nimbus has worked really well for our Roofing company. We are able to communicate better with our customers and employees.

Pros

How quickly we were able to transfer over, and the capabilities of the software. I like that we are able to put all forms/docs and pics into 1 job file in one location.

Cons

The sync with quickbooks does not really work.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud and DBxtra

Reasons for Choosing JobNimbus

So we could be more efficient

Reasons for Switching to JobNimbus

It seemed to be the best fit for us and was able to perform all the functions we needed.
Blaine

I am very happy with my decision to use and implement JobNimbus into my company

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

The best benefit is better oversight of everything going on in the entire company, and making sure that nothing falls through the cracks. It completely eliminates the communication mishaps that occur when you are handling lots of jobs.

Pros

The software is very comprehensive and flexible. You can make it do whatever you need or want it it. After learning the software, it is very easy to use. I would recommend to anyone considering the program to go ahead and get the training. That made a huge difference for me and my staff. We tried going without the training at first and I did not feel that we were using all the capabilities, and we struggled to implement the software fully. After the training, it was a complete difference. We had a excited staff who saw the value in all it could do and completely bought into keeping it current and updated, which is the key to its usefulness. The trainer was excellent at quickly teaching everyone and showing how easy and helpful the software actually is. He was terrific- very knowledgeable, professional, and experienced with both the software and teaching it.

Cons

You can't zoom into the pictures that you take without a few extra steps that are a pain, and you can't view them easily when you want to show a customer a particular photo. I feel like the mobile app has glitches that can be frustrating but its nothing too crazy. I recommend using the desktop version on a tablet when your in the field and that resolves all of the problems I deal with using the mobile app.

I thought it was a little difficult to learn to use without the training. After the training it was a breeze. I cannot stress enough the importance of the training if you are inexperienced with a CRM.

Response from JobNimbus

Blaine, so glad to hear JobNimbus has been a net positive for you and your team. It's wonderful to know that your day-to-day hasn't been interrupted by the issues mentioned, and we do try to minimize those, but this feedback gives us even more insight into how the app and desktop versions have worked best for you. Thank you so much for the feedback. We are working toward these improvements and will notify customers when they are available. Also, on behalf of our Training Manager Ronnie Smith, thank you for the kind words about our training program. We aim to deliver world-class training, because we know you're busy! Thanks again for making our day.

Tim

So Sweet!

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

It helps our company focus on our business, not on software.

It helps our company focus on our business, not on software.

Pros

It is simple to use and team others to use. The people in customer service and very friendly. Their software is very friendly to our users too.

Cons

I can't use forms that could help me with lead follow up... that I am aware of.

AccuLynx

Reasons for Choosing JobNimbus

Price point was one factor.

MarketSharp

Reasons for Switching to JobNimbus

Price as one of many factors.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks, Tim!

Could you let me know more about these lead followup forms that you're wanting? Please reply back to this message or email me at [email protected] and we'll see what we can do for you guys! Who knows, we might have something right now that will work great.

Luis

I’m becoming frustrated with the lack of features I need and the poor customer support

Reviewed on 2020/01/20

Overall experience was good for the first two years but as my business grows, needs grow as well and this is where I’m finally needing the real help. But it’s not being provided.

Pros

Very affordable, easy to use for what it has, quick, very customizable,

Cons

I wish it had options to be more marketing oriented than a pure project management software. I’m so frustrated right now because I don’t want to leave them but I need a lot of features added or customized and the support hasn’t been good. I hope they would be able to dedicate me more time over the phone rather than just a tedious back and forth by email that may take days for me and them to figure out my needs. I never received an one on one onboard call. I’m not sure if all these support issues are because of the type of subscription I have is not one of the best. I just feel I’m not being heard, helped and cared for. I hope this changes before I switch to job progress.

Response from JobNimbus

Hi Luis,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so sorry that you don't feel that you are being heard. We have escalated this to appropriate channels to get your concerns addressed.

We really appreciate your feedback and suggestions regarding future features as well. Our team is always working on new implementations so our clients can do that much more with their own business.

Have a great day, and thank you again for the review!

Jessica

A real review from a real consumer

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Pros

The software puts your entire customer and job log in one place. JobNimbus has been a vast boost to our company. The mobile app alone!! 5 STARS! Sales Reps had all of the information right in their pocket, they were able to upload pictures of the jobs while they were onsite plus calls to the office reduced drastically which always makes for more efficient work for everyone. The ease of use has helped every aspect of our business, even the older project managers have no complaints as far as learning the system.

Cons

When an update happens for one company it affects every company. Example: When the update occurred for the reports so only the creator of said report could make changes such as date range etc. < This caused some issues which we then had to create work arounds for.

JobNimbus: A CRM And More For The Modern Contractor

Reviewed on 2022/11/14

JobNimbus allows my company to run more efficiently, with powerful tools for analytics and customer tracking. Every person in the administrative team in my company uses it every day, with no major complaints or issues. The customer service is excellent and there is a lot of content online published by JobNimbus in order to make the admittedly steep learning curve feel a lot better.

Pros

JobNimbus strikes a good balance between user-friendliness and power. While initially, the software can be overwhelming, it is easy to learn after spending a few minutes to really get to know the program. Additionally, there are training resources available online which make the process even easier. This means that you are able to use the extremely powerful tools that JobNimbus offers after a few hours of training and working around in the software. It allows you to do everything that you would want a CRM software to do, and then some. Additionally, there is a sales pipeline functionality that I personally don't use, but our sales team does, and it allows them to stay on top of every incoming lead.

Cons

There are several areas that are still (to the best of my knowledge) in development, including integrations with other apps - specifically Zapier. Zapier is an essential integration, and as of the time of writing, JobNimbus does support it - just not with custom fields. I believe that this is a big missing feature, and the only significant issue I find with the program.

Response from JobNimbus

Thank you so much for your response, we will consider your feedback.

jason

How did I get by without Job Nimbus?

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Being able to track the progress of a project from the first phone call to the end of the project in one place has been a boon to our business. I honestly don't know how our company managed to operate for 8 years without this software.

Pros

The software puts your entire customer and job log in one place. The interface is intuitive and works very well once you get it tailored to your business. This is a product that you get out what you put in. I like that you can use the web interface or access Job Nimbus through an app, although the web based interface is faster and more detailed. While this is the first CRM software my business has used, I don't see any need to switch to another. Job Nimbus works!

Cons

There is a pretty significant learning curve to get the program up and running for your particular business. While all of the necessary pieces are there, you have to arrange them to suit your needs. This was quite time consuming at first and took many trial runs to get things dialed in. Well worth the effort in the end, but quite an effort it was.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks, Jason!

We're so glad you've found a home with JobNimbus, and I hope you know we'll keep building value into your business as time goes by with new features, updates, improvements, and best practices.

We're also working on improving that learning curve, so hopefully in the future you'll have a easier time making changes to your workflows and customizations!

Jenna

A great start to bringing software into your company

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Great. Cost-effective. Easy to use. Great support. The questions I had were answered well and within a reasonable amount of time. Definitely worth a try for any small-mid sized remodeling company.

Pros

We looked at a lot of programs to help try to manage our customer projects. We were a strictly paper and word of mouth operation. Job Nimbus is allowing us to slowly change and monitor our practices. We've been able to secure a better sales pipline and keep better tabs on our accounts receivable and outstanding. It's hard to teach old dogs new tricks. Which is why I love that we can use what we need and ease into other areas. Not to mention it is far cheaper and the video instructions made it easier to set-up.

Cons

The mobile app is not my favorite. I would love if they just scraped it and started over. It works well but the design, in my opinion, is not as aesthetically and functionally attractive.

Response from JobNimbus

Thanks, Jenna!

For the mobile app, you'll be pleasantly surprised to know that we are very much already deep in the process of giving our mobile app a fresh coat of paint to standardize the UI across all pages and functionality, as well as doing performance updates, bug fixes, and increasing the general usability. Be on the lookout for updates to the mobile app coming your way soon!

Lisa

Wonderful program but a couple points of constructive criticism

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

Positive. It's one of the best systems I've used by design. It's simplistic by nature but offers multiple options on how to utilize the information as well as allowing all the information to be easily accessible to all employees .

Pros

It keep everything centrally located and easily accessible. It's syncing capabilities with QuickBooks and Gmail as well as the other programs that are pivotal to our company. It easily converts the information entered into different forms i.e. estimates, invoices, and it's design is user friendly.

Cons

My biggest concern and complaint about this program is the glitching. For example, it often has long load times whether it be looking up a contact, saving anything, converting estimates into invoices, etc. It will reuse invoice and estimate numbers and not tell you that it's a duplicate number until it's complete and you're trying to save it. It also won't allow you to enter multiple people with the same name, i.e. James Smith. These are a couple examples of things that I feel if addressed and corrected will enhance the program as well as strengthen the efficiency, and support the effectiveness of an already very useful and easily used system.

Jim

Nimbus

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Tracking our customers better than pencil and paper.

Tracking our customers better than pencil and paper.

Pros

Ease of use and easy to get team members trained on it

Cons

When sending estimates and invoices to customers the system does not allow the sending of a custom email message. One has to select from templates and for our remodeling business, these change daily. A work around that we use is; we send the estimate to our email, then we customize it to fit the situation then email if from there. We have learned that out customers do not recognize the jobnimbus email address and sometimes discard it.

Quickbooks does an amazing job at allowing COMPLETE customization of an email when sending estimates or invoices.

JobNimbus Daily Use

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

Job NImbus keeps all of my files in one place which solves an efficiency issue. It allows multiple users to be able to access the files which stops the time taken to hunt down a file. It also helps us to create and monitor the completion of tasks and to keep jobs on track. It is our one stop file for all workorders and invoices.

Pros

Job Nimbus is a one-stop database for all of our clients. It allows us to place/file all documents in on online filing system. It also allows us to use the scheduling and tasks to keep projects on track so they can be completed in a timely manner. This helps to prevent items from falling through the cracks.

Cons

I am not a field/mobile user so much, but do hear that the upload feature of photos and documents from mobile/tablet devices can be problematic. Sometimes the files can upload fine, but then the next 3 files (all photos) cannot be read or upload as an unknown format.

Response from JobNimbus

Thank you for your review! Our dev team is working to resolve the photo issues as we speak and have already released updates to improve the functionality and performance. Stay tuned for more, you're definitely going to start hearing great things about our app after those updates!

Ken

Has some really great features but lacks in a few areas.

Reviewed on 2017/07/23

JobNimbus has lots of really cool features, fairly easy to operate and seems to be making constant improvements.

Pros

The My Tasks on the dash board is a must have! It brings all of your tasks and calendar appointments into an agenda list to be checked off at the end of the day or some time in the future. Nothing goes away until you check it off. I first learned how valuable this feature was the first time I started using it. I discovered an appointment a month before that I had completely overlooked. The customer already had her claim paid and was ready to have her roof replaced. Needless to say, she was not happy with us and had already had her roof replaced by another company. I cannot find an app or another CRM that has this feature. I'm actually paying for JobNimbus just for this feature along with another CRM that have other features that I need.

Cons

Having contacts and jobs in separate boards is too much. Jobs is a must for us as we have lots of repeat business from contractors and home owners. I can't imagine any company in this industry that doesn't need the jobs feature turned on.
Entering a new contact and then creating a job for that contact is a tedious time consuming headache. I had to take a call because the ladies in the office were busy with other calls, as I tried to enter the info while on the phone with the customer, that's when I made the decision to go back to the program we had been using before. Entering the initial contact and job information needs to be easy enough while on the phone with the customer.
Doesn't sync job expenses from Quickbooks online.