ADP Vantage HCM Reviews

3.5/5
3.1/5

Okay

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

My overall experience with ADP Vantage is okay, there isn't anything fantastic but there also isn't anything that I don't like other than what was mentioned above.

Pros

I like the new layout of the website. I like how you can see your pay, time, the amount of hours that you have accumulated. I also like that when you go to see your pay stubs you can expand it and do the calculations on your own and it shows you the exact amount that has been or will be taken out of your check

Cons

What I don't like about it is that when you have something that needs attention you can't fix it yourself.

Kent

payroll services

Reviewed on 2016/11/09

We need to define product...IS "product" a piece of software or the service provided by your company or the combination of the two?

The software is excellent. Well written and easy to use and maintain.
The support...Employees change often and when a serious issue needs to be handled, they require me to call someone else.

When a big issue arises you can forget about proper follow through. Any and everyone is willing to drive to my place of business to talk and leave a few free pens and sticky notes. I don't need your pens. I have been raked over the coals on the Work Comp pricing and I can't get resolution. It is so infuriating that I have explained the issue, provided competitor pricing and nothing happens.

I am looking to not only move my work comp to a more competitive company, but I am moving my payroll service as well. Are we a big loss?... Not at all. However, as each of our small companies move away because we aren't "a big fish" you will eventually feel the pain and discomfort of such losses.

All this could be avoided if I could get my questions not only answered, but price changes immediately implemented and credited since it is an obvious egregious over charge and over sight. But no...Too many employees between the customer and the people who can make things happen.

Maybe you need someone like myself that operates a small business to show you how to provide the customer service we want, not the customer service you think we need. We are extremely easy to understand and typically low maintenance. I would think having a lot of small businesses is better than one large business. Better diversification, better profit potential because of the diverse needs of each company would allow you to sell other products line you offer to an even larger customer base.

Sadly, I am sure this review will be seen by the one employee hired to check the email server and forward to another email that is rarely checked. The Regional Manager will continue to stress about his or her employee turnover rate because his/her boss has a cap to stay under or it sets off an alarm that requires them to file a report explaining why customer service ratings are down, new customer sign ups are low, existing customer base is dropping and employee retention is increasing. Their aggravation will be felt by the Regional Manager; who in turn will call or probably email their District Manager, who has limited training on leadership, and they in turn will REACT to their Supervisor instead of taking in the information, assessing it, and creating a measurable plan to actual FIX these issues.

Again, this is probably all for nothing. ADP is doing just fine and close to an all time high stock price. However, over the last 5 years how many new payroll companies have come onto the scene? Does anyone ask why? Job markets have been soft and more people leaving the job market. So...one reason could be OPTION 1: software design. Or maybe...OPTION 2: customer service. I'm going to go with OPTION 2.

Such a simple service to do. Extremely basic and easy to teach and to execute. Customer Service creates loyalty. Take the word customer off and just use the word SERVICE. Think about it..SERVICE. From picking up your groceries or dry cleaning. A smile, good product, and if there is ever an issue, you identify and fix it immediately. That is all most of us ask for from those we live with, work with, and play with. We want our needs met and if you mess up: apologize, fix it, learn from it...repeat.

Meeting the customers needs is much cheaper than all the pens, sticky notes, and coffee mugs that are made trying to project an image. How about instead of projecting the image...BE THE IMAGE! Be the leader in the industry. Be what everyone else looks up to. Since ADP is the world's largest payroll provider the best way to clinch #1 and stay there forever is by beating everyone else at customer service. You have the pricing, you have the software, you have the internal operating procedures already in place. Now put fear in your competitor by making it impossible to meet, much less beat, the service you provide.

I end this review with the same question I started with...IS "product" a piece of software or the service provided by your company or the combination of the two?

Sincerely,

Kent Snyder

Barbara
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Defects everywhere

Reviewed on 2019/12/29

No customer service, call in with an issue and days for resolution

No customer service, call in with an issue and days for resolution

Pros

Nothing, Defects everywhere . Tax calculations incorrect

Cons

Cumbersome, payroll always delayed, just slow

UKG Pro

Reasons for Choosing ADP Vantage HCM

Product sun setting

Reasons for Switching to ADP Vantage HCM

Price and banking
  • Industry: Telecommunications

A Popular Choice

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Overall, I like using it. A lot of companies use ADP so I have paystubs from two different jobs on file which was confusing for a second but overall is convenient when you need to pull paystubs.

Pros

The quick selection buttons on the home page make for easy navigation over using the navigation bar. Lots of tied in features. For example, you can integrate "my learning" if everyone needs to watch a video or do a quiz, etc. You can also punch in and out, have different work codes, etc, in the same software so it's got a lot of functionality.

Cons

Before we switched to ADP Vantage altogether, we used ADP for work and the vantage portal to log in from home and I consistently had a lot of problems with it. It didn't make a lot of sense why my logins would be different between the two. It seems more streamlined now. The navigation can feel a bit clunky compared to gusto but it has a ton of pages and info which is also nice.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reliability Starts with ADP

Reviewed on 2023/06/01

Pros

is very easy to use, very reliable, and all the payroll information needed in one software

Cons

There is nothing I disliked, very helpful and useful

Kendra
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

We have had mostly good experiences with ADP software.

Reviewed on 2016/07/11

Pros

I have found most of the customer service to be outstanding and the programs to be user friendly. For the most part, when I have called the customer service line, I have received prompt and friendly service.

Cons

Unfortunately for the transition of 3 of our company codes, we had a rather negative experience. There were significant transition and year end errors that resulted in a very large amount of extra work on our end that needed to be performed. The issue was brought up to the customer service representative in charge of the account and no action was taken. The issue was escalated to her superior and we did not receive an acceptable response from them either.

We also feel that for the functionality of the software, it is expensive.

Darrus
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

ADP Vantage is a well equipped if difficult to use HRIS system

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

Pros

ADP Vantage is well equipped to handle the HRIS needs of companies large and small. The support from ADPs national network is also timely and effective for the most part.

Cons

The interface is poorly designed. Simple and common tasks, in some cases, are terribly convoluted and time consuming. Some components are dated and in serious need of updates.

Ryan
  • Industry: Banking

ADP is a great tool

Reviewed on 2016/05/13

Pros

I do like the fact that ADP offers many different modules so that you can consolidate all of your needs in one program.

Cons

the product itself is great but their are instances where we have to get creative and look at work arounds for certain situations. for example, we have an issue where ADP does not the capability of reading our merit increases and teeing them back into payroll(at the moment due to our version). This does become a haste because we do pay outside vendors to help resolve the situation and act as a middleman.

Steve

ADP-Recruiting Management (RM) Application Review

Reviewed on 2016/11/08

Six months experience as user migrated over from legacy ADP product Virtual Edge.

Pros

1. Dashboard style, access to data for requisitions and candidates in one place.
2. Better communication features than legacy platform.
3. More user control for configuration than some other platforms.
4. Very cost effective.

Cons

1. Multiple copies of the same stored documents with different names - confusing for users.
2. Very difficult to sort order fields reporting in created queries.
3. System has quirks for documentation such as offer letters can't date stamp when e-signature is given, but other side by side same format documents allow for this.
5. System allows for a lot of client configuration but getting to the source field for changes is very difficult for non heavy site admins.

• Industry: Human Resources

Sufficient but not Impressive

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Pros

I like that I can see how much vacation time I will have as of a certain date, I like seeing the breakdown of where my paycheck is going dollar for dollar, and I like the ease of being able to download pay stubs and/or tax documents when needed

Cons

I don't like how difficult it is to find my benefits pages or what my options are for changing these, when they expire and when I need to make changes by and when my FSA expires

• Industry: Newspapers

Too bad Carlos won the proxy fight

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

My overall experience after more than a year of trying to use this antiquated, kludged up POS is that it must be horrendously cheap for anyone to actually decide to switch to it.

Pros

There's nothing to like. This is the most non-intuitive worthless application I've ever had the misfortune of using.

Cons

Where to start? It's slow, it's convoluted, it's completely non intuitive, it glitches for no apparent reason, functions (and I use the term loosely) get randomly locked out at different levels, the defaults originally installed are ridiculous, I could go on and on. This is what happens when you think you're too big to fail. Get it together Carlos or your competitors are going to eat your lunch even worse than they are now.

Linda
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

ADP for Employees

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

ADP is one of many human resource software solutions that I have used. It provides access to all HR functions in one place, allowing employees to manager PTO, required documents, pay statements etc. The one stop solution is very beneficial.

Cons

The solution is not very intuitive and takes awhile to figure out how to navigate. While this is not the end of the world, it can be frustrating for new users.

Kay
  • Industry: Hospitality

Very Cost Effective

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Overall, the upgrade to Vantage has been positive. The manager's dashboard is particularly helpful in looking at the overall numbers (employees, hiring, terminations, leaves, etc.) in one place, and comparing the data month to month for planning purposes.

Pros

Fairly easy to use and intuitive, connects the dots for a complete look at an employee and company people numbers.

Cons

Like most software, there are some unique needed codes that don't seem to have a rational reason, but are put in place by ADP to keep their software running accurately.

Jeanne Moses

ADP - Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2016/11/09

We utilize ADP Workforce Now and there have been some hiccups along the way. The customer service team is diligent in responding to any issues that have occurred and is always professional and friendly. I'm sure that having to answer the same questions and supporting the client in all matters ADP can be mundane and sometimes challenging. Not once have I ever felt that my questions or issues are unimportant. Even though the product is good, customer service can make or break solid relationships. Kudos to ADP for cultivating a culture of client satisfaction.

Pros

The product is fairly straightforward and the database allows you to collect all the employee data in one place to access easily. There are several features to the program and the report selections are aligned with our company needs.

Cons

Our plant is located in the Midwest but our customer service support team is located on the east coast (our corporate office is in RI). There has been, on occasion, the inability to reach support because of the time difference. The cost of some of the modules has prohibited us to purchase.

Linda
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to Use for Staff

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Pros

As an end user of this software I was very pleased. The platform is user friendly and pages load quickly. You are able to access the majority of your self-serve human resource needs; update personal information, print taxes documents and look at historic payroll are all within reach.

Cons

Overall I enjoy using this software. It's not flashy like other platforms, but it gets the job done.

Shelly-Ann
  • Industry: Media Production

Payroll and benefits Administrator

Reviewed on 2016/09/07

Pros

The ADP platform is very user-friendly. it can make your tasks easier. As for the vendor, one can appreciate their flexibility and willingness to improve based on experiences and client needs.

Cons

What I dislike about workforce now are some of the modules like benefits, the time-off request module, and the new notifications. It is not very flexible. For example, if an employee submits a time-off request that is inaccurate the administrator cannot correct the request without canceling and creating a new request even though it has a view/edit button. Some of the benefit configurations are not easily editable by the administrator and the new notifications module still requires too many clicks to get what one needs. As for the vendor, they can definitely improve on overall customer service and service delivery.

Melissa

Can't wait to switch

Reviewed on 2016/04/15

Pros

The only positive thing I can say is that our payroll department is okay with the payroll side. They do not love it and have many issues with the functionality and customer service; but our people are paid on time - and that is important.

Cons

Customer service is a nightmare. When you call you are put on hold for a significant amount of time and then typically passed around to multiple people. Many times you will get multiple answers to the same questions. Reporting is also terrible; it is not user friendly and it cannot be tailored to just the fields that you, as a client, are using. Instead you have hundreds of options and might not be 100% sure which one you should use. For example; there are three different fields for social security number. They are all labeled tax id - but there is the plain tax id, the tax id (SSI) and the tax id (SSN). People only have one social security number, you think one field name would cover it all.

Kyle

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Pros

I like the ease of being able to clock-in and clock-out for work. I like the ability to go in and see my accrued vacation and sick time.

Cons

sometimes I have issues with the program freezing up or not recording my time stamp correctly when I clock-in or clock-out.

Kathy

ADP is great

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

Pros

I love the fingerprint touch feature as well as being able to access your account anytime or anywhere.

Cons

At times the software does not load quick enough. Time punches can be easily be duplicated accidentally when trying to punch in or out.

Derrick
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

When we signed up they had a great promotion going and they seem to offer promotions very...

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

Pros

First 3 months were free and can cancel at anytime, I would recommend them to other business owners.

Cons

not much to complain about here they do what they are suppose to and we are happy with our relationship we have built

Abby
  • Industry: Medical Practice

A great step in the right direction, but some room for improvements.

Reviewed on 2016/09/07

Pros

I know our payroll department has found it to be one of the most useful software programs that they have used over the years. From the HR side, ADP Workforce now is a little more focused on the payroll tracking than it is from an HRIS perspective. It would be nice to have the option of pushing information into ADP as well, but from my understanding. At this time ADP is only working with pushing information out of ADP into another system.

Cons

Specifically some of the fields are not as adaptable to help with our reporting needs. Additionally, the reporting set up is a little time consuming. Most of the time I end up just selecting the fields I need, and then do a large data dump, because it is too difficult to manipulate the data within the ADP system.

• Industry: Management Consulting

ADP is should only be an automated data processing company

Reviewed on 2016/04/14

Pros

ADP does what the company name explains. It does a great job of processing payrolls and ensuring that the data is processed as entered.

Cons

ADP is trying to branch into too many sectors of HR and has been very unsuccessful. The customer service is horrible and the outsourced call center representatives cannot answer basic questions. They do not have the ability to modify their programs and technology to fit the company's needs.

Todd
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Simple to understand and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Pros

The interface was extremely easy to navigate and was intuitive. You didn't have to have a degree to use it because it just required some common sense.

Cons

Kind of expensive but worth it. I feel like it could have been a little more helpful with password recovery rather than just locking people out.

Lori

ADP review

Reviewed on 2016/07/20

Pros

At this time I do not have a feature that I like most about it. To many headaches to get things going

Cons

That it can't be customized to the company needs and the support is not very good. When calling in for one issue it is either escalated and you never hear back from them or you get different resolutions for that issue and none work

Daniel

It's a product we don't love, but live with...

Reviewed on 2016/09/07

Pros

The tools are expansive and they cover a large range. It is a product that works fine, but there are parts that should be so simple to improve, but are not available. It's a love hate relationship. Payroll is great

Cons

Many are not user friendly and support is 50/50. Some are great and some waste your time like no other.