ADP Vantage HCM® Reviews

Kent S.

payroll services

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We need to define product...IS "product" a piece of software or the service provided by your company or the combination of the two?

The software is excellent. Well written and easy to use and maintain.
The support...Employees change often and when a serious issue needs to be handled, they require me to call someone else.

When a big issue arises you can forget about proper follow through. Any and everyone is willing to drive to my place of business to talk and leave a few free pens and sticky notes. I don't need your pens. I have been raked over the coals on the Work Comp pricing and I can't get resolution. It is so infuriating that I have explained the issue, provided competitor pricing and nothing happens.

I am looking to not only move my work comp to a more competitive company, but I am moving my payroll service as well. Are we a big loss?... Not at all. However, as each of our small companies move away because we aren't "a big fish" you will eventually feel the pain and discomfort of such losses.

All this could be avoided if I could get my questions not only answered, but price changes immediately implemented and credited since it is an obvious egregious over charge and over sight. But no...Too many employees between the customer and the people who can make things happen.

Maybe you need someone like myself that operates a small business to show you how to provide the customer service we want, not the customer service you think we need. We are extremely easy to understand and typically low maintenance. I would think having a lot of small businesses is better than one large business. Better diversification, better profit potential because of the diverse needs of each company would allow you to sell other products line you offer to an even larger customer base.

Sadly, I am sure this review will be seen by the one employee hired to check the email server and forward to another email that is rarely checked. The Regional Manager will continue to stress about his or her employee turnover rate because his/her boss has a cap to stay under or it sets off an alarm that requires them to file a report explaining why customer service ratings are down, new customer sign ups are low, existing customer base is dropping and employee retention is increasing. Their aggravation will be felt by the Regional Manager; who in turn will call or probably email their District Manager, who has limited training on leadership, and they in turn will REACT to their Supervisor instead of taking in the information, assessing it, and creating a measurable plan to actual FIX these issues.

Again, this is probably all for nothing. ADP is doing just fine and close to an all time high stock price. However, over the last 5 years how many new payroll companies have come onto the scene? Does anyone ask why? Job markets have been soft and more people leaving the job market. So...one reason could be OPTION 1: software design. Or maybe...OPTION 2: customer service. I'm going to go with OPTION 2.

Such a simple service to do. Extremely basic and easy to teach and to execute. Customer Service creates loyalty. Take the word customer off and just use the word SERVICE. Think about it..SERVICE. From picking up your groceries or dry cleaning. A smile, good product, and if there is ever an issue, you identify and fix it immediately. That is all most of us ask for from those we live with, work with, and play with. We want our needs met and if you mess up: apologize, fix it, learn from it...repeat.

Meeting the customers needs is much cheaper than all the pens, sticky notes, and coffee mugs that are made trying to project an image. How about instead of projecting the image...BE THE IMAGE! Be the leader in the industry. Be what everyone else looks up to. Since ADP is the world's largest payroll provider the best way to clinch #1 and stay there forever is by beating everyone else at customer service. You have the pricing, you have the software, you have the internal operating procedures already in place. Now put fear in your competitor by making it impossible to meet, much less beat, the service you provide.

I end this review with the same question I started with...IS "product" a piece of software or the service provided by your company or the combination of the two?

Sincerely,

Kent Snyder

5.0/10
Gena R.

Payroll system that's robust

Reviewed on 2019/02/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Make sure to do your research if you are considering ADP, it's a huge company and that comes with benefits but it's important to know where they may fall short in servicing your needs as well.

Pros

ADP can be used for small or large businesses depending on the needs of payroll. What's interesting about the product is that it can be very versatile. The product is very easy to navigate and maneuver once you are trained. They have multiple extensions that you can dig into as well if you are looking to expand.

Cons

I've used ADP with a couple of different companies of varying size and while it's great that it can flex between large and small companies. I found that the customer service was a challenge at both companies. Payroll companies offering a dedicated resource for a contact is really important especially when related to time sensitive matters.

4.0/10

This system can work great at time and others total glitches

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

System is visually nice and user friendly. After working in payroll for a very long time I was surprised to see some options not available for such a large company that smaller payroll software companies were able to accomplish. As far as straight forward payroll processing, benefits etc it works well.

Pros

The system has good function and ideally can work well with users as the dashboard is quite user friendly. It can take some time to get use to and learn but when using integrated functions it can server quite useful. There are great measures taken for security which is good but at the same time can be frustrating when admin users have to log in many times everyday. Reports are robust and fairly easy to navigate.

Cons

Many of the integrated functions can cause issues with one another. Unfortunately being so big there are many departments that handle different items and it seems that some departments always seem to say they cant speak to something even though they should know how the integration of one function impacts the area they work in. Still not big on extreme customization this has not changed from when I used them many years ago. Big business as one would think.

5.0/10
Malissa R.

WFN Portal

Reviewed on 2016/05/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the HRIS and payroll portals. They are pretty consistent with other products out there and is easy to navigate. The new versions are great, especially since they have periodic upgrades with no interruptions. The help definable help, is needed.

Cons

I am not the excited about there time and attendance or their background screening. The time and attendance system has its pros and its cons. Cons to me, are that it can be a bit confusing to manage the CA violations on the time card because it combines all hours on the time card view. For DOT purposes, I need to view total hours for the day, starting at the beginning of the shift to the last clock in, and that is something that I am unable to have done through a report.

Jackie D.

ADP, pros and cons

Reviewed on 2016/03/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

ADP is probably the largest payroll vendor in the nations, which is good and bad. It's great because they are experienced with typical payroll processing, human resources and benefits. It's not so good if you are a smaller company or a company with out of the ordinary payroll functions such as agricultural operations and taxes, California "special" tax issues, and the like.

Cons

Although they say their customer service is first rate, we have found it not to be so when it comes to the typical needs such as payroll issues. They have a great team of specialists in Time and Attendance, Reporting, but generally we are on hold at a minimum for 15 minutes, more typically half hour and longer. We have complained and it seems that they are hiring more staff and our calls are responded to more promptly. They also have a great support center and something called the Bridge where users can chat with other users about similar issues.

6.0/10
Lyle R.

ADP WorkForce Now current version review

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

WorkForce Now provides fields to capture a lot of employee data. In the case of our organization it does require quite a bit of time and manpower on the front end to set up a system to utilize these fields effectively. We issue a lot of equipment to our employees. Much of this equipment has calibration and serial numbers. WFN has the fields to capture this data. The challenge is developing the structure and fields to capture this data. The same is true with the document cloud. Annually our company is required to generate a lot of documents for our employees. These documents need to be retained. The documents include drug tests, background screens, company policies, etc. Structuring the storage of these documents is critical to their ease of accessibility. ADP's provision of an advisor to help develop these structures would be a welcome service.
Open enrollments, benefits administration, and payroll are WFN's strengths. The recruiting and applicant tracking system is not very robust and well behind the technology of other vendors. We recently switched to ICMS.
Customer service in regards to payroll is good but not outstanding. Customer service from the Benefit Service Center is inconsistent at best.

Pros

Payroll, document cloud, open enrollment

Cons

Benefit Service Center performance, Recruiting module and applicant tracking system

Christina C.

Very limited, have to find work arounds for nearly every aspect of HR

Reviewed on 2016/07/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

its cloud/ web based.

The potential is there but the system easily frustrates our employees and I can't really think of anything positive to say. Every advantage ADP offers comes with a "BUT"

Cons

Very limited, have to find work around for nearly every aspect of HR.

Can't view time cards remotely without allowing punching access

Self Service is very frustrating Here's some recommendations:
a) life events that can make changes to the employee's benefits (add employee-take away employee; not just dependents)
b) give users the ability to change beneficiaries to dependents/beneficiaries
c) work flow for additional compensation
d) allow there to be more then 1 work event template for a specific group

Also, that "you can only have one window open at a time" not only is very debilitating but annoying when the cookies get stuck and one has to reboot the entire computer.

Basically, ADP feels like a yahoo blog template with limited abilities; I'm working in a box within a box.

Shawn K.

The best platform for time keeping, A +++

Reviewed on 2018/06/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It enables you to easily enter the hours one has worked for a particular day, you can track your available vacation and sick days. This platform is rock solid, easy to use and the print out one receives after each paycheck is easily understandable.
That is the reason why most employers in the US use it!!!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this application, I have used other applications for time keeping, like Mihi. It makes you appreciate the ease of use ADP offers...

Shelly-ann G.

Payroll and benefits Administrator

Reviewed on 2016/09/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The ADP platform is very user-friendly. it can make your tasks easier. As for the vendor, one can appreciate their flexibility and willingness to improve based on experiences and client needs.

Cons

What I dislike about workforce now are some of the modules like benefits, the time-off request module, and the new notifications. It is not very flexible. For example, if an employee submits a time-off request that is inaccurate the administrator cannot correct the request without canceling and creating a new request even though it has a view/edit button. Some of the benefit configurations are not easily editable by the administrator and the new notifications module still requires too many clicks to get what one needs. As for the vendor, they can definitely improve on overall customer service and service delivery.

Darlene R.

Acceptable system but customer care is an issue

Reviewed on 2016/11/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have worked on the ADP Human Resource Benefits system for over 5 years. As a solo HR practitioner it has been good to have a HCM system, however ADP was selected first for payroll and A/P and time tracking. We have made the system workable for recruiting, performance management, etc. but any customization has been a challenge.

Pros

Would not be able to manage recruitment as easily without the on-line application portal. It has some limitations, but allows for communication with the candidates and automatic transmission of data when an individual is hired. Employee Self Service allows staff to easily change their address, emergency contacts, etc.

Cons

It's difficult to customize in the manner we would like to. For our size company, we do not have a dedicated customer service group so calling in for customer service you get varying levels of competency with the rep who answers the phone. Unemployment compensation services are extremely poor - missed deadlines, lack of response, delays in processing. Would not recommend using this service, ADP outsources it.

Kendra T.

We have had mostly good experiences with ADP software.

Reviewed on 2016/07/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I have found most of the customer service to be outstanding and the programs to be user friendly. For the most part, when I have called the customer service line, I have received prompt and friendly service.

Cons

Unfortunately for the transition of 3 of our company codes, we had a rather negative experience. There were significant transition and year end errors that resulted in a very large amount of extra work on our end that needed to be performed. The issue was brought up to the customer service representative in charge of the account and no action was taken. The issue was escalated to her superior and we did not receive an acceptable response from them either.

We also feel that for the functionality of the software, it is expensive.

Luc L.

Is ADP for your organization?

Reviewed on 2019/02/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We use mainly the ADP Payroll feature and employee time management. I find the system very dependable, and easy to use

Cons

It can be very difficult to store any data on the site in a portal type setup. It would be worth considering having the data storage capability via Cloud technology. It would be practical to increase the amount of features on the mobile app, to be consistent with those on the desktop application.

Linda R.

ADP for Employees

Reviewed on 2018/05/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

ADP is one of many human resource software solutions that I have used. It provides access to all HR functions in one place, allowing employees to manager PTO, required documents, pay statements etc. The one stop solution is very beneficial.

Cons

The solution is not very intuitive and takes awhile to figure out how to navigate. While this is not the end of the world, it can be frustrating for new users.

Abby S.

A great step in the right direction, but some room for improvements.

Reviewed on 2016/09/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I know our payroll department has found it to be one of the most useful software programs that they have used over the years. From the HR side, ADP Workforce now is a little more focused on the payroll tracking than it is from an HRIS perspective. It would be nice to have the option of pushing information into ADP as well, but from my understanding. At this time ADP is only working with pushing information out of ADP into another system.

Cons

Specifically some of the fields are not as adaptable to help with our reporting needs. Additionally, the reporting set up is a little time consuming. Most of the time I end up just selecting the fields I need, and then do a large data dump, because it is too difficult to manipulate the data within the ADP system.

Jeanne moses M.

ADP - Excellent Customer Service

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We utilize ADP Workforce Now and there have been some hiccups along the way. The customer service team is diligent in responding to any issues that have occurred and is always professional and friendly. I'm sure that having to answer the same questions and supporting the client in all matters ADP can be mundane and sometimes challenging. Not once have I ever felt that my questions or issues are unimportant. Even though the product is good, customer service can make or break solid relationships. Kudos to ADP for cultivating a culture of client satisfaction.

Pros

The product is fairly straightforward and the database allows you to collect all the employee data in one place to access easily. There are several features to the program and the report selections are aligned with our company needs.

Cons

Our plant is located in the Midwest but our customer service support team is located on the east coast (our corporate office is in RI). There has been, on occasion, the inability to reach support because of the time difference. The cost of some of the modules has prohibited us to purchase.

Ryan C.

ADP is a great tool

Reviewed on 2016/05/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I do like the fact that ADP offers many different modules so that you can consolidate all of your needs in one program.

Cons

the product itself is great but their are instances where we have to get creative and look at work arounds for certain situations. for example, we have an issue where ADP does not the capability of reading our merit increases and teeing them back into payroll(at the moment due to our version). This does become a haste because we do pay outside vendors to help resolve the situation and act as a middleman.

Andrew S.

ADP makes payroll less stressful

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/08/29

Go with ADP

Pros

ADP is super easy to use. I just log in every 2 weeks to do payroll, and bamm with a couple clicks it is done. I also have confidence that all of my tax and other things I don't want to think about are covered and taken care of. I can also easily edit it with a breeze. Also so many new features coming out that I can't wait to try, Also a great customer service where you get a representative and they are there to help with anything your need

Cons

I really don't know what else I would ask for in a payroll system. I would like to not have to download the reports to see them every time I want to see them, and maybe when I do download then they could be labeled with dates rather than right now they all have exactly the same name.

Joel L.

Great payroll software

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

Pros

I love how easy it is to see all of my timecard punches and pay statements on the website. Everything's easy to locate and use.

Cons

The mobile app is basically useless as it doesn't even let me view my pay stubs. It's just a blank white screen.

Linda R.

Easy to Use for Staff

Reviewed on 2019/03/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

As an end user of this software I was very pleased. The platform is user friendly and pages load quickly. You are able to access the majority of your self-serve human resource needs; update personal information, print taxes documents and look at historic payroll are all within reach.

Cons

Overall I enjoy using this software. It's not flashy like other platforms, but it gets the job done.

John W.

ADP Review

Reviewed on 2018/07/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Easy to use once you get use to it and have some training. Very simple once you log in, review what is needed.

Cons

Need training to be able to get around site. There are a lot of tabs that need to be learned, but once you have them, its easy.

Colleen O.

Good, used by many, makes for familiar product

Reviewed on 2018/05/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This is used by almost every employeer I've had so it's nice to have a familiar program from job to job.

Cons

I think the clocking in and out could be improved. It's not the most clear and intuitive piece of software I've ever used.

Brad G.

Human Resources Manager

Reviewed on 2018/12/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Upgrades and support for upgrades are terrific.

Pros

Best product on the market. I have used in several companies and it will always be my go to. Ease of use, excellent reports, customization as well, great customer service and support.

Cons

Tutorials are rather lengthy and should get to the point. Can be hard to find a specific tutorial. Once found they are generally helpful.

Juanita H.

Work & ADP

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

Learning how to use ADP was very easy, I manage payroll for my job and I can easily navigate through this system

Cons

I haven’t found any issues using ADP vantage so far, everything has been pretty easy to learn and use.

Emily J.

ADP

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Very positive.

Pros

I like that it's constantly updated in order to benefit it's users.

Cons

While it's great that it updates to benefit users it's also frustrating because it locks everything down while that's happening.

Steve P.

ADP-Recruiting Management (RM) Application Review

Reviewed on 2016/11/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Six months experience as user migrated over from legacy ADP product Virtual Edge.

Pros

1. Dashboard style, access to data for requisitions and candidates in one place.
2. Better communication features than legacy platform.
3. More user control for configuration than some other platforms.
4. Very cost effective.

Cons

1. Multiple copies of the same stored documents with different names - confusing for users.
2. Very difficult to sort order fields reporting in created queries.
3. System has quirks for documentation such as offer letters can't date stamp when e-signature is given, but other side by side same format documents allow for this.
5. System allows for a lot of client configuration but getting to the source field for changes is very difficult for non heavy site admins.

3.0/10