FareHarbor

Online Ticketing and Booking Software

(1 107)

Bill
Bill

Fareharbor has been one of the best business decision we have ever made.

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Makes signing up for our programs easier for our clients and easier for us to manage.

Pros

Fareharbor is totally customer focused. They work to help us grow our business. You hear businesses say these things but usually they are only looking to grow their business. Fareharbor's customer support is the best we have ever used. Most of the service is easy to use but when you need that extra help, Fareharbor is always there to help with staff that are professional and know the product well. They both save us money and at the same time help us grow our business and make more profits.

The bottom line is if you have a business that takes reservations, you should be using Fareharbor.

Cons

While I think the service is easy to use, I hope (and know) it will get easier and move powerful each month. Fareharbor is constantly updating the service and the updates are mostly transparent to us and to our clients. I really don't have anything even a little negative to say about Fareharbor.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Okay, this might just be our new favorite review! Thanks for the wonderful feedback. We really appreciate it. It makes us happy to hear that our customer focus shines through. If there's ever anything we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. Our support team is always available!

Antoinette
  • Industry: Entertainment

FareHarbor Daily User

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

I am very happy with FareHarbor! I like that there is no monthly fee that I have to pay and the fees that my customers have to pay are small.

Pros

I like the ease of the software and how quickly I am able to get a response from the support team when needed.

Cons

I wish the colors were more vibrant on the booking calendar. I have 3 separate escape rooms and the current color scheme is hard to distinct the difference between each room in the booking calendar.

Xola

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

I was paying a monthly fee with Bookeo and their customer service team was based out of Austrailia, so any time I had a question or issue it would take days to get resolved. FareHarbor is also a lot more user friendly and easier to get around in.

Bookeo

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

The gentleman whom originally reached out to me was very helpful and offered a remote tour of FareHarbor. He told me the switch from Bookeo would be easy and quick and that FareHarbor would take care of all of the details. It was a quick and easy transition!

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Antoinette -

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are happy to hear you have had a great experience working with our team, from our Sales team to our Support!

We appreciate your feedback about the colors on the booking calendar! Be on the lookout for our Product & Feature release emails as our team is always looking for ways to enhance the customer experience in our Dashboard.

Jaime
  • Industry: Automotive

Hard Times

Reviewed on 2020/05/01

I don’t know what to do. I have no other way of refunding my guests because of the booking fees Fare Harbor owes to my customers. How can they legally hold MY and my customers money indefinitely? Don’t trust this company with your business and don’t trust this company with your money.

Pros

I have used Fare Harbor for years and have always been happy with the services provided, ease of use and customer service. Times are hard now. We are in the middle of a world Pandemic and the tourist industry is being crushed. Honestly, I didn’t expect Fare Harbor to help me through this crisis. But I also didn’t expect Fare Harbor to hurt my company and my customers, but that is exactly what they did. I have hundreds of customers to refund because of cancelled trips due to Covid-19. I am risking my company, but it is the right thing to do. So I deposited money into my Fare Harbor account to refund my guests and Fare Harbor will not release the money. It is money from my bank account straight into my refund reserve so I can credit my customers credit cards, and Fare Harbor is holding it. It has been 8 days. I have promised my customers their refunds and Fare Harbor is blocking me from processing them by holding my money. It’s tens of thousands of dollars. I have bank verification the money has been in their account for days. Now my company is at risk because I told my customers they would get their refunds.

Cons

My husband and I own this business. We are family owned and operated. We are successful and have a great reputation. We have worked hard for a decade to make our company what it is. We care about our customers. Now Fare Harbor is single handedly destroying what we worked so hard for. I have spoken with several representatives of the company. At first they said 5 days. Definitely 5 days. After 5 days passed, they said any day. Now that it has been 8 days they are saying it will get there when it gets there. They will not say why they are holding my money to give my customers. They have not apologized, and I have no clear answers when I can expect it.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Jamie - we understand the pressure and frustration to refund customers during this stressful time and want to work with you toward the best possible outcome. Our Payment Operations team has discussed some alternative solutions with you, but the ACH debits can take 5 to 10 business days, depending on the bank. It seems as of Friday (5/1) has landed in your account and is available to use. We are happy to clarify any additional questions you have regarding this process.

Mindy
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Quick, effective and supported

Reviewed on 2020/07/17

I've found the customer service to be amazing. I've interacted with two people [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who are professional, knowledgeable and get the job done. I thought it was overreaching to think that after submitting my information that I would be up and running in a week. I was gladly proven wrong. The set u and training went smoothly and I'm in business!!

Pros

It seems as if all of the possible customer scenarios have been thought out. Everything is customizable on the backend and looks really user friendly on both the back end dashboard and the front end user interface.

Cons

I don't have enough time using the software to be able to identify anything that I don't like.

Squarespace and Eventbrite

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

The robustness of the booking engine can't be compared. FareHarbor has built a solid and complete product. I was overwhelmed and frustrated as I tried to DIY it on Eventbrite and SquareSpace. No need to struggle - FareHarbor did the initial set up which saved me countless hours of watching how to videos and figuring out all of the settings. I've had initial training and know that I can ask for 24/7 customer service support as I use and become proficient with the platform. I am amazed that there wasn't an up front set up fee and think that the terms are very fair. I couldn't get credit card processing through Stripe cheaper anywhere else. FareHarbor's plugin to my website immediately give it credibility and builds trust for customers. This is critical because my business is a start-up and the brand is as of yet unknown. I'm so grateful to have found FareHarbor.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Mindy -

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are glad to hear you had a smooth transition and your positive experience with our team!

FareHarbor was designed for tours and activities and we are thrilled to know you are taking advantage of our software's robust features and functionalities.

We look forward to growing this partnership! If you have any questions, our amazing Support team is available 24/7!

Sean
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

FareHarbor has been the best reservation system I've used and the customer service is...

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

FareHarbor is easy to use, great for growing your business and I cannot emphasize enough how amazing everyone that works at FareHarbor is. I would expect that I'd annoy/frustrate them as often as I call them requesting them to change this or to change that. They even made my new website for me after seeing that I was having some success with there program on my previous DIY site. Great Program, Great Company. Thank all y'all at FH! Big shout to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for all the help recently, as well as all of the staff who've helped me over the years.

Pros

I love how the software program and app truly works. Everything that the company say works, works. With other reservation systems I tried, there mustve had some issues with the program or something because alot of stuff would randomly not work or do the wrong thing etc etc. The platform is also very aesthetically pleasing, easy to use, and always evolving/growing/staying up-to-date with the newest features available. Doesn't cost you as the business anything!

Cons

There is really nothing much to complain about with FareHarbor. Of course, in a dream world, there would be a cpl/few things I really wish that could be changed and/or part of the program.

I wish I could remember what some of them were at this moment, but I can remember that 'connecting a liability waiver' to my FH bookings/items etc was not as hi-tech as I woulda guessed. The waiver app partnership Fh has is with Smartwaivers. From all m research, seems like a pretty good setup but it costs too much for my business because of the large # of waivers used/month etc (in my opinion of course). And it's not just smartwaivers, most all of the good waiver app's out there are similarly priced, but as i said, expensive per month if you use a lot of waivers.

In Fareharbor's defense, they have been super super helpful over the years coming up with ideas for me on how I can set up and complete waivers with our customers for free etc. Unfortunately from what I've found, the ways you can accomplish having a waiver system in your booking for free are not nearly as professional or legally strong as if you were to just use the 'Smartwaivers' connection or any of the other professional waivers, like the one I've been using for the last year or so which is a little bit cheaper called 'Waiver Electronic'.

The obvious one complaint is that FH charges customers who make a booking online (on my website for example) a 6% fee, totally seperate and additional to any tax, which adds up!

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Sean -

We hope that you are well and want to thank you for taking the time to write this review about FareHarbor. We are thrilled to hear the impact that our software and Support team have contributed to your business growth. Giving you the tools to grow your business will always be a priority for us and we are happy to help in any way we can, so please never hesitate to call.

We appreciate your feedback on our existing features & partnerships and will be surer to relay that to our internal teams.

Overall, we have truly enjoyed our partnership with you these last few years and look forward to many more!

André
  • Industry: Hospitality

Very feature-rich & easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Pros

- You get a beautiful overview of the day, week and month. You know exactly what's happening, who's handling it and what resources are being used;
- Flexibility is a big plus with their 'availabilities' concept. Lets us adjust the schedule in order to optimise operations with incredible ease;
- Filters that let you build your custom calendar (and save it!) are brilliant. You only see what you want to/need to see;
- Reports are highly customisable;
- Fantastic support.

Cons

- Needs work on the invoicing module, currently too basic
- API features should be expanded to allow more custom development
- Overall design could be a bit more flat/modern, not at all bad though

Bókun

Support & Features

Checkfront

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

The flexibility that their 'availabilities' concept allows. With FareHarbor, the system does not limit the optimisation of your operations; The ability to build your own custom calendar.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Andre -

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review! We are so happy to hear that FareHarbor has made a positive impact on your business and that you have been able to take full advantage of all the software's features and functionalities.

We look forward to sharing many more years of success.
Thanks!

Guillaume
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

A powerful channel manager

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

SeaZen has growed X3 every year since its first business year 2017 and may reach the break-even point in phase with our forecast. FH is a key partner for this success.

Our objective for the future is still to grow. We are currently working into developing a brand licence. We wish to open more solar powered boat club. I hope this will be the opportunity to reinforce our partnership with FH.

Pros

I had a previous IT experience before creating my start-up. I found in FH a high level of quality of the support and of the functionalities available.

Cons

The 5% commission is great to start a partnership when you are start-upper. It might become an issue when the business volume will reach a certain threshold.
I was already using Stripe before working with FH. I was sure to have the best price in direct with them. Now all the business volume comes though FH and we are based upon an average commission rate. I can't check if this rate might have evolved in my interest if I was going to stay in direct with Stripe.

Rezdy, Regiondo and TrekkSoft

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

Bokun was lacking a function to manage a shared ressource (a boat) used by several tour. Lack of quality of the support

Bókun

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

The 5% commission is great when you are a start-up. You have a limited risk. I read last year an article saying Booking just invested in FH. I though this was a warranty of powerful backup for FH coming from a world leader in travel industry. I thought also this might help us to develop our business with the OTA Booking.com (this didn't came in fact).

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Guillaume -

We appreciate the time you took to write this review! We are thrilled to hear that both the software and our support team has exceeded expectations!

It is amazing to see the growth SeaZen has experienced and we look forward to many more years of growth.

Thanks!

Camilo
  • Industry: Hospitality

Fantastic booking system and team

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

The effectiveness of my systems and processes have been improved by 100%. The website design and 24/7 support have been more than expected. The SEO and marketing advice it's been fantastic. Thanks to Fareharbor my company improves every day. It's been a great experience in many aspects of my business. Many thanks to all the Fareharbor team.

Pros

This software has helped me in so many ways to grow my business in the tourism industry. The dashboard is very intuitive and user-friendly. Their support couldn't be more amazing, these guys are available 24/7 and super kind. They will always do their best to solve your problems or help you with absolutely anything you ask for. You can contact them over email or phone. It is very unlikely to find the perfect company but Fareharbor deserves this title. Today my company is far more efficient and profitable than a couple of years ago when I was not using them. They have helped me with web design, SEO advice, marketing advice and everything related to the daily operations of my tours. It is a 5 stars company and software. Highly recommended.

Cons

Nothing, it's pretty much amazing, I can't complain.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Camilo -

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of FareHarbor. We are thrilled to hear the impact that our teams and software have made on growing your business. We will be sure to pass along your high praises internally.

We look forward to many more years of success! Thank you

Matt
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Strong customer service and easy to use software

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Its certainly cut out any of the occasional blips I used to have with my previous custom built booking system so it has given me peace of mind. I initially was concerned that customers would be put off by the booking fee but I haven't noticed a drop in purchases.
The site has been robust and customer service has been top notch with one exception when Fareharbor took a long time to deal with a GDPR request. I have been assured that this will not happen again.
So overall I would recommend Fareharbor.

Pros

It feels pretty intuitive and is targeted towards the tour industry so pretty much all of the features I require are already here.

Cons

Very little to be honest. Occasionally something comes up but their customer service department helps out pretty swiftly.

TrekkSoft

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

Primarily as the booking system appeared to be fully focused on the tour industry. Also the independent reviews were far superior than any other company I looked at. Finally, the one month contract break was a good incentive at the start while other booking companies wanted to tie us down for a longer period.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Matt - we are so glad to hear that FareHarbor has brought some ease into your business operations over at Fun London Tours! Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review, and don't hesitate if anything should come up in the future.

Ross

Love this platform!

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Very, very positive. From the very first call to redeveloping my website, FareHarbor have been instrumental in the success of my business which may not have happened so easily with my previous set up.

Pros

Easy to use.
Customer service is beyond excellent!
Account manager is available to work on constantly improving and updating how i use the system.

Cons

None really. Maybe a method to follow up tbose who almost complete a booking but don't.

Rezgo

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

Customer support. Ease of use and look of the FareHarbor system.

TrekkSoft

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

The people that I talked to.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Ross -

We are so happy to hear the impact FareHarbor has made on you and your business. It is great to hear that you have had a positive experience working with us and will share your comments with our teams.

Thanks again!

Melissa

Terrible Support- Has cost my business money

Reviewed on 2022/06/14

The first year was great. The second season I only needed a copy of the calendar I previously had, but after working with support- for months, or trying to because you never get the same support person, they still have not fixed my availability and it’s costing my business money every day. We are a small seasonal operation and only have a few months of operations that are crucial for the entire year. The fact they cannot get my calendar off availability accurate is unacceptable for a booking platform of this magnitude. I foresee a dark future for this company, they have horrible customer service, confused support agents, even after they give you a dedicated agent, what’s the point if they don’t care to understand the problems or follow through with fixing them?

I would never recommend Fareharbor to anyone if you care about your business- because Fareharbor doesn’t!! Highly disappointed in the lack of service.

Pros

The look of the interface. That’s the only good thing about the software, but if it’s not functional, it’s not worth it.

Cons

super can’t seem to complete a request, even when it’s costing my business.

Patrick
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Taking my business Footsteps in Northumberland up a gear or two

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

For a long time, I struggled with booking and payment systems with a mix of cash, cheque, PayPal and no affordable card payment system. FareHarbor solved all of that in one neat package and it functions extremely well. In addition, FareHarbor helped to build a new company website which has seen a step change in the way I do business.

Pros

It has put in one place all of my products, reviews and payment options in one place and simplified the booking and payment process for my customers. The customer support is terrific.

Cons

I have yet to discover any issues with the software, which could be described as a dislike

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hey Patrick!

Thanks for writing such a great review! It is amazing to see how quickly FareHarbor has made an impact on your business by streamlining the booking process and your offerings.

We look forward to growing this partnership and many years of success!

Eric
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

FareHarbor is a full-featured reservation system that has great customer support.

Reviewed on 2021/07/06

Pros

I chose FareHarbor largely because they had an API connection with LIVN, which represents a large reseller that I wanted to do business with. When I got to know the system better I found that it had lots of other helpful features. The system is quite complex, and I had trouble building things myself, but the support team is great and has understood and solved each one of my problems quickly and thoroughly.

Cons

I don't want to pass fees on to the customer and there doesn't seem to be an option to change it. This means that my tour products are actually more expensive to book direct after fees than to book through resellers.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Thanks for the great feedback. So happy to hear your enjoying the API connection with LIVN!

Carrie
  • Industry: Hospitality

Overall good product but confusing at first

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Overall I'm happy with our switch to FareHarbor. The pros out weigh the cons but hoping for more improvements in the future.

Pros

One of the most useful aspects for us has been the ability to send out mass emails to guests using canned messages. This has been super helpful when we have to alert everyone about last minute changes, traffic alerts, etc. Our last booking software we used did not offer this. Also the FareHarbor support team is great. They're friendly, helpful, and responsive. I've called them several times and they've walked me through my questions with patience.

Cons

FareHarbor can be very confusing at first. It definitely takes some time to get used to everything and how to set things up. There are some things that just don't make sense like there should be an easier/quicker way to do what you need to but it's a multi-step weird process instead. The two things that immediately come to mind are converting purchases to gift certificates and redeeming guest gift certificates over the phone. Both of them seem like they should be straight-forwards, press a button, enter a code, etc. but it's confusing and I've needed to call FH support to walk me through how to do these things.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Carrie -

Thank you for taking the time to write this honest review. We are happy to hear you have been able to take advantage of our amazing Support Team and some of the Dashboard's robust features. With that said, we understand that there may be some features that may not be as easy to pick up as others.

I have passed along your feedback internally in case you would like to schedule a training!

Christopher
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Lightyears beyond Bookeo

Reviewed on 2017/05/05

Everything related to booking and reservation management, payment processing, etc.

Pros

Very deep, extensive functionality. It blows me away how much you can do with this software. The level of customization is mind boggling. We were formerly with Bookeo and it was alright, especially considering the low price, but it was quite simplistic and that caused us some frustrations. It was also pretty outdated in the user interface appearance.

Fareharbor booking interface looks very slick and it's a lot quicker for customers and reservationists to make bookings. The software on the backend is very powerful and well thought out. You get complete functionality on mobile and iPhone app that you do with desktop. Bookeo was frustrating how watered down their mobile version was. And they said they had zero interest in making an iPhone or Android app.

Fareharbor is a "full service" solution the likes of which I have never seen. They have a department that will create a new Wordpress website for you, a dept that works to set up affiliate access so third parties can book through the system without calling you. They integrate seamlessly with Viator/Expedia/etc. They have several teams of people that specialize in different areas. You get a ton of attention as a new customer and they take care of almost all the setup work. If you are the type that doesn't want to learn how to do any of this kinda stuff yourself or you don't have the time to, Fareharbor is a great solution. I was skeptical that any booking software could be THAT much better than another, but it really is.

Cons

I was very excited to hear about all the many impressive features they offer. What I didn't realize is that it takes a lot of effort to set them all up. Granted they can do ALL of the work for you, so you're in no way left on your own with any of it. But it does take time.

I'm a do-it-yourself kind of person; Bookeo was 100% do-it-yourself and I was fine with that. I'm the type of person that doesn't like asking for help or asking other people to do something for me. I want to figure it out and customize it myself. ...Fareharbor is NOT a do-it-yourself system. You will absolutely need their help for a lot of the features to get set up properly. I tried exploring on my own to set up some customization and there's no way you'd be able to figure out most of the feature setup on your own. To be fair, their software isn't designed to be that way, though. It's not a Squarespace/Wix/Bookeo style product. It's very customizable, and as such, you need their help.

It takes some time, dozens of phone calls and emails over the course of weeks (and months, as you fine-tune the deeper features). And there is a learning curve. But the depth of functionality and the extensiveness of their software is worth it in the end. Tech support team is great, always taking calls 24/7 (email response time is kinda slow though). Can't imagine anyone else being better. I see why they have so many customers.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Christopher,

Thank you so much for the detailed review! We love hearing this kind of feedback from our clients, and appreciate you taking the time to lay out your experience.

We're always looking to balance our catalog of features with overall ease-of-use. But know that we'll be here 24/7 while you learn your way around the more complicated features!

Thanks again,
Becca

Tony
  • Industry: Hospitality

Finally! Reservations software that makes sense for small business.

Reviewed on 2017/05/15

Working with FareHarbor has allowed us to modernize our website and reservations system into something that is appealing to our customers. It's easy to use, it's secure, and allows us to create more revenue through direct bookings and keep our cashflow rather than having to pay fees to a reservation software company.

Pros

Could not be easier to use. Great customer service. FareHarbor constantly upgrades their system and works with us to make improvements. The FareHarbor team responds to issues and inquiries immediately and resolve things appropriately. We have never had an issue go unresolved. They listened to our needs and helped us customize our FareHarbor experience to suit. It has performed near flawlessly for three years. Our online reservations jumped from 6 per month to 25 or so per month almost immediately after deploying FareHarbor. Guests love the interface and ease of use. We love the cost to us (nothing) and the dramatic increase in direct bookings. They also redesigned our website. Updates to our website are only an email away and the end result looks and functions perfectly. We have been approached by many competing software systems over the years and have looked into all of them. None of them can touch FareHarbor.

Cons

We have not come across any "cons" with FareHarbor. Any issues we come across and communicate to FareHarbor are resolved.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Wow, Tony! This review is amazing. Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback on FareHarbor. It's always been a pleasure working with your team!!

If there's ever anything we can help with in the future, you know we're always here.

Thanks again.

Terry

Excellent Software and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2016/06/29

We have been a tour business providing tours since 2009 and have tried many reservation systems. Fare Harbor was the first reservation system we used that works the way we do. We have had frustrations with other systems that seem to not understand how a tour business operates or didn't give us the flexibility we needed. From the very start, Fareharbor was great to work with in getting everything setup properly, even helping us transition during the middle of a busy season. Their integration with Viator allows us to sell out many tour dates which has really helped sales.

Pros

I'll bullet point my favorite features.

Designed the way we work from the bottom up.

Allows us to assign tour guides with ease and notify them about these assignments and send out reminders.

Having tour buses, I really like being able to create a route and assign a pickup time to hotels. This information is listed on the confirmation so we no longer have to call each customer to give them a pickup time like our our old system.

Booking is quick and easy from the back end

I like the ability to see upcoming bank deposits with ease. Deposits have always been made on time, helping us gauge cash flow.

I like being able to add internal memos and notes to each customer for special requirements on tour.

Review reminders being sent out a few days after our tours have helped increase our ranking on Tripadvisor.

Low merchant fees for taking credit cards

Cons

I would like the ability to see a net price for Viator reservations, not the retail price in our reports.

I would like the ability to reduce the ticketing fee that is charged to our customer, by either splitting it or even having us absorb it, and being able to test sales this way. Customers often go to Viator after hitting our reservation system to make their final bookings.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Good Product - Poor Quality Control

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

Good product. The product could be even better with more effective business training and the implementation of a formal quality control process.

Pros

It allows businesses to setup and online reservation system making it easier for customers to book a tour.

Cons

As the product continues to evolve and grow it has become harder to use--particularly for small businesses with limited staff resources. Quality control is a major concern for this product. When we first integrated the system with our website it became clear that the company did not perform any quality checks to ensure everything was setup correctly. This is a major concern as there are a myriad of ways that mistakes can be made. Mistakes cause problems for us and for our customers. Most recently, an integration error with an affiliate resulted in a trip cancellation and loss of significant revenue. When problems like this happen, the burden is on us as the business owner--not Fareharbor. This product would be a much greater benefit and quality if more effort was spent on business training and quality control.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hello! We would like to apologize for your negative experience with our product. We value your partnership and appreciate your honest feedback. Our teams strive to have world-class support and that includes quality control; please be assured that this has been communicated internally. If you have any suggestions for business trainings that will improve our operations, we would love to connect!

Vince & Emily Shay

Helped Our Paddlesport Company So Much!

Reviewed on 2015/08/27

We looked EVERYWHERE for booking software that was the right fit for our paddlesport company. This product is designed for adventure outfitters, so it works. How do you book a tour, ask people their height weight etc, require they can swim, remind them of their appointment, take payment immediately, quickly adjust tour/lesson calendar for staffing, weather changes, large events, etc? These were the issues that we were facing as a company, and FareHarbor was the answer.

Customer Service: Incredible! So awesome to actually deal with real people who respond quickly to questions via phone call and email. Always friendly and helpful! They took HOURS of their time to help us set up our site so everything was just right. Plus, they do all the integrations into your website for you (hooray!). Once it's all set up and integrated into your site, it's easy to use the program to make changes and manage bookings. And they are all really nice, down to earth folks.

Product: Love it. It takes a little while to figure it out, but FareHarbor provides free training (really, it's free), and ongoing support. We've seen a significant increase in sales with the calendar booking option. Plus, the software is easily configured to ask customers important questions that help us set up their kayak and paddleboard tours and lessons. If we have bad weather coming, staffing problems, or other events planned, we can quickly take down availability. On the other hand, we can quickly add availability, too. Any changes that need to be made, we can easily do it ourselves. We don't have to relay the info to a web person and wait for them to do it. Pretty sweet!

Booking used to require A LOT of our own time, making phone calls and emailing. Now, we have much more time to actually get away from the phone and computer to do what we love! You can personalize contact settings, so customers still get quality customer service and all their needs are met. You can customize greetings to add your own brand "flair."

Value: Excellent! No fees, only % of amount booked directly through FareHarbor service, and the rate is better than Square, which is what we were using to send invoices to book tours and lessons (hello, time consuming!!).

Win-Win-Win. So happy with it, we've referred it to our friends who have surf schools on the Central Coast.

Thanks FareHarbor :)

~Vince and Emily Shay
Avila Beach Paddlesports

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Vince & Emily,

A big thank you for all the feedback here. We're doing the happy dance in honor of your increased sales and increased free time. Makes us so stoked to know we're helping people grow their business and do what they love! Win-win-win is right.

Never hesitate to give our support team a call if you have any questions! We got your back, 24/7.

Thanks,
Becca

Hugo

Work in progress

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Unfortunatly we still cannot fix any business problem because it was impossible to work with it as our main booking/managing system.

Pros

The dashboard is really intuitive and the team/ costumer support are really nice.
The fact there are a lot of videos/ tutorials available.

Cons

I had the feeling the software is not solid enought yet, to keep up to the expectation of the costumers.
In our case, there were a lot of requests/ needs we've had and it coudn't be fixed because the software itself was not up to it, aldo the support team helped us and explain to us really well how to manage the tools that are available, we find out that we still have a lot to build so it can fit our bussiness.
Some of the actions are not exactly what we need, when we ask to change/add some features, it was really difficult because we passed trough a lot of different managers and is hard to find someone that can really change the interface itself. So we end up with half of the software working (just being able to do simple bookings/refounds), and all the rest of management we needed (multiple partnerships, diferent comission/methods of payment, packs of more than one day activities, etc) end up not having a simple solution to work on it.
Also the fact there were so many small mistakes when buiding it, (we've had to ask to fix the same mistake more than one time because one thing got solved but created another problem).
We think it would be better for everyone if we could make some presential meeting to make clear what exactly is our needs, and what exactly is the limit of the software. By doing it via skype/ phone and talking with more that one person it ends up being nearly impossible to create simple solutions.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Hugo -

We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with FareHarbor. We value your feedback and are disappointed that our solution did not meet your expectations. We have passed your comments internally and it appears a member of our team has reached out in hopes to resolve the issues you have addressed.

Carly
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

A dream to work with

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

I have nothing but praise to sing for Farharbor. My account manager is very responsive and anything I ask for is executed promptly and efficiently. I certainly don't feel like a number and love the personal touch that Farharbor brings. My account manager offers marketing advice and tells us of new ways to increase sales as they appear on the market. The software is great and we have had no issues.

Pros

It works. The pages are quick to load. There is so much functionality. I love that rebooking is so easy as are refunds and amending bookings and payments.

Cons

I find with so much functionality it can be really difficult to navigate behind the scene and a little too complicated and time consuming to figure out where things are or how to set things up.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Carly -

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review and your high praise of our team! Growing your business is our priority and always happy to talk through ways to streamline your operations and increase online bookings!

Dionne
  • Industry: Hospitality

Intuitive, state-of-the-art, easy to use , & MOST of all outstanding customer service

Reviewed on 2016/06/24

We implemented FH 1 year ago. Since then, we've seen a significant increase in online bookings, we're enjoying affiliate partner bookings at all hours of the day without any effort on our part, and we've also experienced improved processes internally because of all the features that FH has to offer from daily manifests, reporting and trackability.

Pros

We like most that we have control over our fleet inventories, what our online customers can see versus our staff, ease of use and the unmatched top-notch customer service and support. The customer support team is extremely responsive and helpful!

Cons

After using more than a handful of commonly used software in the state as an affiliate partner with relationships with many activity providers we've realized that there is not a software that has everything that the end user may envision (this is not a negative). FH is by far way ahead of the game. There may be minor features that you're used to seeing with your current software that may not exist. The good news is that if you send in a wish list email to the support team it will not be ignored. They will do all that they can to implement your ideas into the software. They have a team of programmers working tirelessly on improvements every day that customers bring to the table. I've seen many of our wish list items come through to fruition. I love this because our ideas matter. We have worked with software in the past that would just say, "sorry - it doesn't do that."

Steve
Steve
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

More than just software

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

The folks at FareHarbor have created a culture that is dedicated to taking care of their customers. And they understand that to do that well, I need to be able to take good care of my customers too. From onboarding, to management transitions, to routine support, the team at FareHarbor has truly been a pleasure to work with.

Pros

FareHarbor provides our business with a solid platform from which to sell our tickets, with particular emphasis on online conversion. The ability to manipulate booking flow for various seasons, events, and accommodations is key, along with the ability to shape consumer expectations through confirmation and reminder emails or text messages. Adjusting bookings is simple and intuitive. On top of all that, FareHarbor's SUPPORT is top notch.

Cons

Because of the depth and breadth of our product offerings, FareHarbor can at times be a cumbersome dashboard to work with at the Point of Sale level. But I wouldn't trade the flexibility that we have to negotiate bookings and assist customers for something simply less-cumbersome.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Steve! Thanks so much for your honest review and spotlighting our support teams. Our culture involves treating every customer like Ohana and we are thrilled to hear you feel the same way.

We understand that features housed in our powerful booking software can be a bit intimidating but please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team if you every have questions. We love talking about dashboards!

Monica

FareHarbor-A+

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

Overall, very happy with FH and as mentioned previously, the support team is extremely responsive. Also very helpful and very friendly to work with. Never condescending or over technical in their responses.

Pros

I like the ease of use and quickness of FH reservation making, the integration with other activity providers' systems, which reduces the workload of our staff of taking reservations, and also the streamlined invoicing. The super quick and friendly support responses are much appreciated. I love the ability to be able to provide special pricing through personal links for groups, and that it notes these reservations on the manifest for easy identification.

Cons

The reporting features are fairly cumbersome with all info coming in, and having to drill out what you don't need, instead of the opposite of entering the parameters of only what you want. Reporting does not offer time period comparison features either, such as YOY or YTD reporting. Of course this can be accomplished by running them separately, though..

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Aloha Monica! Thanks so much for your review and feedback. We are thrilled to hear that FareHarbor was helped grow your business and streamline operations.

We are glad to hear that our support team has been able to address any of your issues or concerns! You are part of our Ohana and we want to ensure you are always set up for success!

Pam
  • Industry: Sports

Almost through season 1 with FareHarbor. Wonderful to receive reservations during off hours.

Reviewed on 2017/09/08

Online bookings available 24/7 with no worry of overbooking.

Online bookings available 24/7 with no worry of overbooking.

Pros

Pros: It is great to be live online and allow guests to reserve at their convenience with no chance of overbooking. It is wonderful to be able to see what is happening to reservations while at home or on the go. Customer service is always very friendly and helpful. All of our staff has liked the ease of booking and check-in. We were very happy when they unrolled the shopping cart feature. We were with our old reservation system for many years, but have found it pretty easy to adapt. Report section has a lot helpful information.

Cons

There is a learning curve to creating and changing items. I have found it easier to call customer support for some of the big changes. Discount application could be better. We have some fees that can't be discounted so have to manually add the discount to every person instead of once for the group. Time consuming when making a large reservation. We have also found that loading large reservations is slow. While you can schedule staff, there is no clock-in/clock-out feature which would be great for hourly employees. We would also love for guests to be able to see and adjust their reservations and for FareHarbor to build an online store that integrates into the system. Needs better integration with SmartWaiver.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Pam,

Thank you for all of the valuable feedback. We appreciate it, and are looking forward to an even bigger and better season two!