FareHarbor

Online Ticketing and Booking Software

Emma P.

Excellent service and product

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

Overall, I really like Fareharbor - I like the way it looks when people book.

Pros

The customer service is amazing and fast
On a day to day basis, it is easy to use and you can add all the information you need to for all your guides.

Cons

I sometimes struggle with set up and amending items. We usually have to get Fareharbor to do some or all of the set up as we get some things wrong. Saying that, all you need to do is reach out to their service team and they usually sort it out in minutes.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hello Emma -

Thank you for posting this review! We are happy to hear that you've found our software easy to use and that you have had positive experiences working with our amazing Support Team. With that, we are always available and can help set up and amending your items or can schedule a team member to help train you on that specific function.

Thanks!

Wendy K.

Great Support Team

Reviewed on 2020/06/04

Nice team to work with, but I haven't used it enough to know if I'm happy with the product

Pros

Booking flow is better than my previous booking platform

Cons

difficulty setting up promo codes and lack of customization there

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Wendy -

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your feedback with us. It is great to hear our booking flow has made an improvement to your business but we are committed to convincing you that you made the right decision switching to FareHarbor!

We understand that with all the features and functionalities that our software has to offer that some may be more complex than others. We are always happy to provide training on specific items or our amazing Support team is available 24/7 to assist.

We look forward to growing this partnership!

Sean G.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

FareHarbor has been the best reservation system I've used and the customer service is...

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

FareHarbor is easy to use, great for growing your business and I cannot emphasize enough how amazing everyone that works at FareHarbor is. I would expect that I'd annoy/frustrate them as often as I call them requesting them to change this or to change that. They even made my new website for me after seeing that I was having some success with there program on my previous DIY site. Great Program, Great Company. Thank all y'all at FH! Big shout to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for all the help recently, as well as all of the staff who've helped me over the years.

Pros

I love how the software program and app truly works. Everything that the company say works, works. With other reservation systems I tried, there mustve had some issues with the program or something because alot of stuff would randomly not work or do the wrong thing etc etc. The platform is also very aesthetically pleasing, easy to use, and always evolving/growing/staying up-to-date with the newest features available. Doesn't cost you as the business anything!

Cons

There is really nothing much to complain about with FareHarbor. Of course, in a dream world, there would be a cpl/few things I really wish that could be changed and/or part of the program.

I wish I could remember what some of them were at this moment, but I can remember that 'connecting a liability waiver' to my FH bookings/items etc was not as hi-tech as I woulda guessed. The waiver app partnership Fh has is with Smartwaivers. From all m research, seems like a pretty good setup but it costs too much for my business because of the large # of waivers used/month etc (in my opinion of course). And it's not just smartwaivers, most all of the good waiver app's out there are similarly priced, but as i said, expensive per month if you use a lot of waivers.

In Fareharbor's defense, they have been super super helpful over the years coming up with ideas for me on how I can set up and complete waivers with our customers for free etc. Unfortunately from what I've found, the ways you can accomplish having a waiver system in your booking for free are not nearly as professional or legally strong as if you were to just use the 'Smartwaivers' connection or any of the other professional waivers, like the one I've been using for the last year or so which is a little bit cheaper called 'Waiver Electronic'.

The obvious one complaint is that FH charges customers who make a booking online (on my website for example) a 6% fee, totally seperate and additional to any tax, which adds up!

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Sean -

We hope that you are well and want to thank you for taking the time to write this review about FareHarbor. We are thrilled to hear the impact that our software and Support team have contributed to your business growth. Giving you the tools to grow your business will always be a priority for us and we are happy to help in any way we can, so please never hesitate to call.

We appreciate your feedback on our existing features & partnerships and will be surer to relay that to our internal teams.

Overall, we have truly enjoyed our partnership with you these last few years and look forward to many more!

Helen F.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Event based booking software based on a fee charging model

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Online booking and payments are taken care of through Fareharbor. My payments are received through Stripe which initially took nearly a week to be received by my bank, that appears to have changed recently with payments appearing a working day or two after booking.

The account managers are very keen to help and I can imagine that it is an excellent solution for the many businesses who run tours and experiences. It's just not perfect for mine which seems to need corporate levels of functionality and flexibility at a budget price.

Pros

As soon as you are signed up you will be assigned a participative account manager to help you through set up with ideas on how to make your site and sales better. They and the support team are responsive to requests and changes. The user interface choice is quite good but like most online options it relies on great images for best effect.

You can manage your own events and many of the standard options are accessible to you the user if you need or want them to be.

All the support and set up is free of charge.

Cons

My business is small and flexible. I tend to prefer to set up my own bookings and classes myself which means that I keep coming up against something else I need to ask them to do for me. Despite being a very small business my needs are complex, I want to be able to set up a course that runs on multiple days but that are not necessarily consecutive and for those to be in my calendar when I check. Although the system caters for consecutive days, it requires a really grubby work around for anything else.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Helen - thank you so much for taking the time to leave FareHarbor some great feedback. We appreciate your partnership and always strive to make FareHarbor a platform that works for everyone no matter the size of your business. We are always looking for ways to improve, so your feedback will definitely be passed along to the team. Thank you again, and never hesitate to reach out!

Camilo G.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Fantastic booking system and team

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

The effectiveness of my systems and processes have been improved by 100%. The website design and 24/7 support have been more than expected. The SEO and marketing advice it's been fantastic. Thanks to Fareharbor my company improves every day. It's been a great experience in many aspects of my business. Many thanks to all the Fareharbor team.

Pros

This software has helped me in so many ways to grow my business in the tourism industry. The dashboard is very intuitive and user-friendly. Their support couldn't be more amazing, these guys are available 24/7 and super kind. They will always do their best to solve your problems or help you with absolutely anything you ask for. You can contact them over email or phone. It is very unlikely to find the perfect company but Fareharbor deserves this title. Today my company is far more efficient and profitable than a couple of years ago when I was not using them. They have helped me with web design, SEO advice, marketing advice and everything related to the daily operations of my tours. It is a 5 stars company and software. Highly recommended.

Cons

Nothing, it's pretty much amazing, I can't complain.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Camilo -

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of FareHarbor. We are thrilled to hear the impact that our teams and software have made on growing your business. We will be sure to pass along your high praises internally.

We look forward to many more years of success! Thank you

Guillaume J.

A powerful channel manager

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

SeaZen has growed X3 every year since its first business year 2017 and may reach the break-even point in phase with our forecast. FH is a key partner for this success.

Our objective for the future is still to grow. We are currently working into developing a brand licence. We wish to open more solar powered boat club. I hope this will be the opportunity to reinforce our partnership with FH.

Pros

I had a previous IT experience before creating my start-up. I found in FH a high level of quality of the support and of the functionalities available.

Cons

The 5% commission is great to start a partnership when you are start-upper. It might become an issue when the business volume will reach a certain threshold.
I was already using Stripe before working with FH. I was sure to have the best price in direct with them. Now all the business volume comes though FH and we are based upon an average commission rate. I can't check if this rate might have evolved in my interest if I was going to stay in direct with Stripe.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Guillaume -

We appreciate the time you took to write this review! We are thrilled to hear that both the software and our support team has exceeded expectations!

It is amazing to see the growth SeaZen has experienced and we look forward to many more years of growth.

Thanks!

David S.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Remarkably flexible. Does everything I need it to do. Support people look for ways to help my...

Reviewed on 2018/04/06

I wrote a review for software that I use. I don't know what Capterra really does, but I might look to see if I can find a substitute for QuickBooks accounting software here.

Pros

Cleverly flexible. Has configurable settings to do all sorts of customizing of available time slots, staffing, pricing, etc. I never run into something I wish it would do that it doesn't already do. I know there are portions I am not even using that would probably benefit me even more.

Easy to populate initially. I really don't remember much about that process because the FareHarbor people did most of it for me.

The support team calls me from time to time to check if they can help me configure my upcoming seasonal schedule or anything else. Sometimes they contact me to notify me of new features I might be interested in. They spread non-competitive information about their other customers' experiences that might benefit me with regard to managing reviews, working with affiliates, working with concierges, etc.

Integrates with Viator and Expedia and other resellers. Has never ever been unavailable.

Cons

It can't be both endlessly configurable/customizable and fast/simple at the same time. So I feel like there are a lot of clicks to get done what I need. I can't think of how to eliminate clicks though without eliminating features.

Beyond that, I am reaching for ideas. Perhaps if there were some sort of integration with our QuickBooks accounting software that would be helpful.

Because I am on it all day every day, perhaps an android app would be better than accessing it from the browser on my phone, but I am not sure how beneficial that would be.

I am unsure how they could do it, but they as a company don't have any web presence that drives visitors to their vendors. Back when Zozi was around, they had a website that steered people to their customers but that was a different business model.

I can't complain about the cost. I pay them so little that I wonder how their business model works.

But I really have to get creative to think of any shortcomings. None that are software related.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

David, thanks for the detailed review! We appreciate the feedback. It's always been a pleasure working with you. If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out! We're always available.

Tony D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Finally! Reservations software that makes sense for small business.

Reviewed on 2017/05/15

Working with FareHarbor has allowed us to modernize our website and reservations system into something that is appealing to our customers. It's easy to use, it's secure, and allows us to create more revenue through direct bookings and keep our cashflow rather than having to pay fees to a reservation software company.

Pros

Could not be easier to use. Great customer service. FareHarbor constantly upgrades their system and works with us to make improvements. The FareHarbor team responds to issues and inquiries immediately and resolve things appropriately. We have never had an issue go unresolved. They listened to our needs and helped us customize our FareHarbor experience to suit. It has performed near flawlessly for three years. Our online reservations jumped from 6 per month to 25 or so per month almost immediately after deploying FareHarbor. Guests love the interface and ease of use. We love the cost to us (nothing) and the dramatic increase in direct bookings. They also redesigned our website. Updates to our website are only an email away and the end result looks and functions perfectly. We have been approached by many competing software systems over the years and have looked into all of them. None of them can touch FareHarbor.

Cons

We have not come across any "cons" with FareHarbor. Any issues we come across and communicate to FareHarbor are resolved.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Wow, Tony! This review is amazing. Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback on FareHarbor. It's always been a pleasure working with your team!!

If there's ever anything we can help with in the future, you know we're always here.

Thanks again.

Christopher W.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Lightyears beyond Bookeo

Reviewed on 2017/05/05

Everything related to booking and reservation management, payment processing, etc.

Pros

Very deep, extensive functionality. It blows me away how much you can do with this software. The level of customization is mind boggling. We were formerly with Bookeo and it was alright, especially considering the low price, but it was quite simplistic and that caused us some frustrations. It was also pretty outdated in the user interface appearance.

Fareharbor booking interface looks very slick and it's a lot quicker for customers and reservationists to make bookings. The software on the backend is very powerful and well thought out. You get complete functionality on mobile and iPhone app that you do with desktop. Bookeo was frustrating how watered down their mobile version was. And they said they had zero interest in making an iPhone or Android app.

Fareharbor is a "full service" solution the likes of which I have never seen. They have a department that will create a new Wordpress website for you, a dept that works to set up affiliate access so third parties can book through the system without calling you. They integrate seamlessly with Viator/Expedia/etc. They have several teams of people that specialize in different areas. You get a ton of attention as a new customer and they take care of almost all the setup work. If you are the type that doesn't want to learn how to do any of this kinda stuff yourself or you don't have the time to, Fareharbor is a great solution. I was skeptical that any booking software could be THAT much better than another, but it really is.

Cons

I was very excited to hear about all the many impressive features they offer. What I didn't realize is that it takes a lot of effort to set them all up. Granted they can do ALL of the work for you, so you're in no way left on your own with any of it. But it does take time.

I'm a do-it-yourself kind of person; Bookeo was 100% do-it-yourself and I was fine with that. I'm the type of person that doesn't like asking for help or asking other people to do something for me. I want to figure it out and customize it myself. ...Fareharbor is NOT a do-it-yourself system. You will absolutely need their help for a lot of the features to get set up properly. I tried exploring on my own to set up some customization and there's no way you'd be able to figure out most of the feature setup on your own. To be fair, their software isn't designed to be that way, though. It's not a Squarespace/Wix/Bookeo style product. It's very customizable, and as such, you need their help.

It takes some time, dozens of phone calls and emails over the course of weeks (and months, as you fine-tune the deeper features). And there is a learning curve. But the depth of functionality and the extensiveness of their software is worth it in the end. Tech support team is great, always taking calls 24/7 (email response time is kinda slow though). Can't imagine anyone else being better. I see why they have so many customers.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Christopher,

Thank you so much for the detailed review! We love hearing this kind of feedback from our clients, and appreciate you taking the time to lay out your experience.

We're always looking to balance our catalog of features with overall ease-of-use. But know that we'll be here 24/7 while you learn your way around the more complicated features!

Thanks again,
Becca

Terry D.

Excellent Software and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2016/06/29

We have been a tour business providing tours since 2009 and have tried many reservation systems. Fare Harbor was the first reservation system we used that works the way we do. We have had frustrations with other systems that seem to not understand how a tour business operates or didn't give us the flexibility we needed. From the very start, Fareharbor was great to work with in getting everything setup properly, even helping us transition during the middle of a busy season. Their integration with Viator allows us to sell out many tour dates which has really helped sales.

Pros

I'll bullet point my favorite features.

Designed the way we work from the bottom up.

Allows us to assign tour guides with ease and notify them about these assignments and send out reminders.

Having tour buses, I really like being able to create a route and assign a pickup time to hotels. This information is listed on the confirmation so we no longer have to call each customer to give them a pickup time like our our old system.

Booking is quick and easy from the back end

I like the ability to see upcoming bank deposits with ease. Deposits have always been made on time, helping us gauge cash flow.

I like being able to add internal memos and notes to each customer for special requirements on tour.

Review reminders being sent out a few days after our tours have helped increase our ranking on Tripadvisor.

Low merchant fees for taking credit cards

Cons

I would like the ability to see a net price for Viator reservations, not the retail price in our reports.

I would like the ability to reduce the ticketing fee that is charged to our customer, by either splitting it or even having us absorb it, and being able to test sales this way. Customers often go to Viator after hitting our reservation system to make their final bookings.

Addyson R.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great reservations system from the first season

Reviewed on 2016/08/12

Implementing Fareharbor as a new program went really well, thanks entirely to the exceptional customer service support (shout-out to Raleigh and Mikaela). They were always available by phone and email and training went very smoothly. I was thoroughly impressed that Mikaela was involved and aware of events occurring within our department, and sent her condolences and her support. Because of this, Fareharbor feels more like a partnership than a "client" type relationship.
The actual program is very user-friendly which was a significant selling point for me. It is also easily implemented across other departments at our resort. Overall, I have been very satisfied with the functionality and overall performance of Fareharbor.

Pros

It is very user friendly for front-end staff
Mobile version is great
Customer service is EXCEPTIONAL and they have a thorough knowledge of the program.
Permissions are easily customized across users. This was a huge bonus, and has been very helpful so we can limit access to those who do not need it.
Affiliate set-up is easy, and has a very fluid application. I have been very pleased with how we are able to implement partnerships with this program.
They are consistently working to update the program.

Cons

Discounts are not easily implemented. We consistently have to find "work arounds"
The automated emails do not allow for customization. Different departments use the automated confirmation email, but the resort address and contact information HAS to remain the same across departments. It makes it difficult for guests to contact us.
Smartwaiver is minimally integrated. Our last reservation system automatically imported name, height, and weight from the waivers. This was a huge perk, and did not come with Fareharbor. We were promised that programming would work on it, but we have not seen results.
There were not P2P Card readers for the desktop version of Fareharbor. Because of this, we had to purchase 3 iPads and use the mobile app in order to be PCI compliant for customer credit card security.
Invoicing has to be done manually. It cannot be scheduled to happen automatically each month.

Marisa C.

Great Booking Software!

Reviewed on 2016/08/23

FareHarbor was wonderful! We are an Escape Room in Pennsylvania. We began our business using Bookeo, as that is what almost every escape room in the area and ones we'd been to used. FareHarbor contacted us, gave us a demonstration, and we fell in love. They completely set everything up for us so we didn't lose any bookings in the process since our service was never down. They then incorporated into our website for us. It was great and their customer service has always been great even now!

Pros

They truly have some of the best customer service around. They are available 24/7 to call or email and return your calls or emails within the same day. Sometimes they will even set it up for you which is wonderful when I'm in the middle of working a busy day. Then I can always give them a call to ask how it works or how I can adjust it that way I can learn when I get a break.

Both the customer view and the behind the scenes view is extremely clear and easy to work with. Rarely do we have customers confused on how to book/reserve something, unless they truly don't know how to use a computer to begin with.

Cons

I wish they would incorporate something that would allow customers to immediately book another room/service/tour/etc. Maybe even just a link. It would be really awesome if you could add another thing to your "cart" per say and pay all at once instead of making multiple bookings.

Another thing that would be nice is almost an employee area like a scheduler system. This way employees could request time off and see large sections of times that they are working. Currently, you can assign them to a reservation but it would nice to have them be able to look and see they work 11am-4pm rather than see they are assigned to a 11:30am, 12:00pm, and so on appointments.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Marisa,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We really appreciate your feedback on using FareHarbor.

Never hesitate to reach out if there is anything we can do to help!

-Gabby

Mark W.

Excellent Product & Fantastic Support

Reviewed on 2019/11/01

Exceptional.

Pros

FareHarbor's ticketing system is perfectly suited to our walking tour business. It integrates with our online ticketing agents and provides a comprehensive range of functions which make running our business much easier than before. Their support are absolutely amazing in terms of response times, their skillsets and ability to troubleshoot. Their FAQ pages are genuinely helpful (a rare thing!), and we have had the same contract manager since the beginning who is genuinely interested and engaged with our business, which helps to reinforce our relationship. Their payment schedule is perfect for us and the platform is exceptionally stable, meaning we have never missed a sale.

Cons

We genuinely have nothing negative to say about it.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Mark - thank you for the kind words! We love hearing about the positive experience you've had with FareHarbor and the great partnership we have been able to build on together. Never hesitate to reach out if you need anything! Thanks again!

Vince & emily shay S.

Helped Our Paddlesport Company So Much!

Reviewed on 2015/08/27

We looked EVERYWHERE for booking software that was the right fit for our paddlesport company. This product is designed for adventure outfitters, so it works. How do you book a tour, ask people their height weight etc, require they can swim, remind them of their appointment, take payment immediately, quickly adjust tour/lesson calendar for staffing, weather changes, large events, etc? These were the issues that we were facing as a company, and FareHarbor was the answer.

Customer Service: Incredible! So awesome to actually deal with real people who respond quickly to questions via phone call and email. Always friendly and helpful! They took HOURS of their time to help us set up our site so everything was just right. Plus, they do all the integrations into your website for you (hooray!). Once it's all set up and integrated into your site, it's easy to use the program to make changes and manage bookings. And they are all really nice, down to earth folks.

Product: Love it. It takes a little while to figure it out, but FareHarbor provides free training (really, it's free), and ongoing support. We've seen a significant increase in sales with the calendar booking option. Plus, the software is easily configured to ask customers important questions that help us set up their kayak and paddleboard tours and lessons. If we have bad weather coming, staffing problems, or other events planned, we can quickly take down availability. On the other hand, we can quickly add availability, too. Any changes that need to be made, we can easily do it ourselves. We don't have to relay the info to a web person and wait for them to do it. Pretty sweet!

Booking used to require A LOT of our own time, making phone calls and emailing. Now, we have much more time to actually get away from the phone and computer to do what we love! You can personalize contact settings, so customers still get quality customer service and all their needs are met. You can customize greetings to add your own brand "flair."

Value: Excellent! No fees, only % of amount booked directly through FareHarbor service, and the rate is better than Square, which is what we were using to send invoices to book tours and lessons (hello, time consuming!!).

Win-Win-Win. So happy with it, we've referred it to our friends who have surf schools on the Central Coast.

Thanks FareHarbor :)

~Vince and Emily Shay
Avila Beach Paddlesports

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Vince & Emily,

A big thank you for all the feedback here. We're doing the happy dance in honor of your increased sales and increased free time. Makes us so stoked to know we're helping people grow their business and do what they love! Win-win-win is right.

Never hesitate to give our support team a call if you have any questions! We got your back, 24/7.

Thanks,
Becca

Carly J.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

A dream to work with

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

I have nothing but praise to sing for Farharbor. My account manager is very responsive and anything I ask for is executed promptly and efficiently. I certainly don't feel like a number and love the personal touch that Farharbor brings. My account manager offers marketing advice and tells us of new ways to increase sales as they appear on the market. The software is great and we have had no issues.

Pros

It works. The pages are quick to load. There is so much functionality. I love that rebooking is so easy as are refunds and amending bookings and payments.

Cons

I find with so much functionality it can be really difficult to navigate behind the scene and a little too complicated and time consuming to figure out where things are or how to set things up.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Carly -

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review and your high praise of our team! Growing your business is our priority and always happy to talk through ways to streamline your operations and increase online bookings!

Saba A.
  • Industry: Photography

Best Reservation Software + Awesome Customer Support Team!

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

There is tremendous support from the FareHarbor team to ensure that things are operating properly and moving forward. They value a tour business no matter how small or large. There are team members who have specific expertise in the online digital world(ex. SEO specialist, partnerships).

The Support Team members are friendly, knowledgeable and always willing to help resolve an issue before ending the call. Customer Support is open 24/7 /365!!!

My website was created and is hosted by FareHarbor— all at no charge. What an amazing perk! I love having control over editing my website. It’s a HUGE plus to not pay a developer to do the edits.

FareHarbor rocks the booking reservation software world!

Pros

FareHarbor is the #1 booking software in the tourism industry! It is the absolute BEST company for tour operators to partner with for reservation software. They are on the cutting edge of reservation technology and have experienced astonishing growth since launching in 2013.

I've been onboard with Fare Harbor for almost two years now. My sales have increased ever since I joined. My Account Manager is so supportive of me and my business and gives me strategic advice based on a Google Analytics report.

Cons

One task in particular could have fewer steps: changing the date of a tour.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Aloha Saba! Thanks so much for your honest review! It is important to us that we have a team that is just as fast, powerful and adaptable as our software.
We value your partnership and its important to us that you have the tools and resources to grow your business!

Steve B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

More than just software

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

The folks at FareHarbor have created a culture that is dedicated to taking care of their customers. And they understand that to do that well, I need to be able to take good care of my customers too. From onboarding, to management transitions, to routine support, the team at FareHarbor has truly been a pleasure to work with.

Pros

FareHarbor provides our business with a solid platform from which to sell our tickets, with particular emphasis on online conversion. The ability to manipulate booking flow for various seasons, events, and accommodations is key, along with the ability to shape consumer expectations through confirmation and reminder emails or text messages. Adjusting bookings is simple and intuitive. On top of all that, FareHarbor's SUPPORT is top notch.

Cons

Because of the depth and breadth of our product offerings, FareHarbor can at times be a cumbersome dashboard to work with at the Point of Sale level. But I wouldn't trade the flexibility that we have to negotiate bookings and assist customers for something simply less-cumbersome.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Steve! Thanks so much for your honest review and spotlighting our support teams. Our culture involves treating every customer like Ohana and we are thrilled to hear you feel the same way.

We understand that features housed in our powerful booking software can be a bit intimidating but please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team if you every have questions. We love talking about dashboards!

Mark E.

Should have never left!

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

FareHarbor customer service is excellent to work with. I found them after a bad experience with another company several years ago. I foolishly decided to try another company this year and was back to Fareharbor within a week.

Pros

Ease of use. It has taken away 95% of the need for me to have customer interaction before, during or after making a booking. This frees up my time to give proper attention to the clients I am working with at the time. There are still a few potential clients that need a question or two answered before booking and even one or two who will need their hands held through the whole process. But overall, it has mad my life much simpler.

Cons

Customer receipt shows partial deposit as a negative number causing confusion and awkward interaction with customer at time of check out!

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Aloha Mark!

Thank you so much for the positive review! The emphasis we put on serving you a great experience to pass on to your customers is always top of mind, so it's great to hear that our team and services are meeting your expectations. We appreciate the feedback and will pass on the note about partial deposits to the team. Cheers to past, present, and future success!

Mahalo!

Lucas M.

Changed Our Life!!

Reviewed on 2015/06/08

My wife and i run a small tour company in New York City and for the first 5 years of being in business we did everything manually. By this i mean we answered every tour request by email. A part of me justified this by feeling that we were a hands on company that wanted our customers to feel that they were actually dealing with a human being on the other end and not some automated system that felt impersonal. I can't tell you the amount of hours we spent answering every email. Our life was consumed by doing this and my wife and i barely had time for each other or a vacation. I had received hundreds of solicitations from software companies trying to sell us there software. They all wanted a commission off the top of our sales which we could not afford. Fareharbor was the first company that didn't take a commission from our sales but rather added on a small convenience fee on top of the cost of our tours that came out of the customers expense. It was reasonable and in now way felt like they were gouging our customers. Fareharbor also had the cheapest credit card rates i had ever come across and only charged us if they processed a card meaning if a customer decided to pay in cash there was no charge to us even though they were still required to leave a credit card for booking.

Fareharbor worked with us very closely to customize our booking system for all of our needs and never rushed us. They took the time to make sure we were happy and well trained at using their system. There was a small learning curve but they were always available for any questions and got back to us quickly with any issues. Usually i never would even have given them the time of day when they called because i was so sick of solicitations but their sales rep and his pitch was so laid back and not aggressive like so many others. I believe it took us almost 6 months to make the decision to actually work with them and never did they waiver in their patience and politeness. They never over called and let me come to them. Essentially they let their product sell itself because it's the best i've seen out there to this day.

As well as having a great product which had made my life so less stressful these guys are the nicest bunch of guys to work with. Thank you Anders and the whole family at Fareharbor for helping us to breath a bit easier everyday and for also allowing vacations back into our lives that we now can take again knowing that your service is at the helm of our company.

Eleanor W.

Great and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2016/11/18

I started my dog tour business 4 years ago out of my home with a team of dogs and a couple of sleds. Now, the business has grown and I have over thirty dogs and four sleds, plus I have other mushers who run tours for me. As the business grew, it became more difficult for me to book all of the new tours. That's when I found FareHarbor! Their software is comprehensive and easy to use. Since using their software, it has become much easier to not only book tours online, but to keep in contact with my customers, to charge my customers, and to refund them as well! Another thing to note about FareHarbor is their excellent customer service. I am not the most tech savvy person in the world, but whenever I had a question about the software Mitch, who was my FareHarbor guide and guru, was there. Not only did he help me customize the software so it would benefit my business initially, but I am still in contact with him today to help me with new changes I need to make to the software. Overall, I love FareHarbor. I love how easy it is to use the software itself and you can't beat the amount of dedication and initiative that the staff will provide you. I would definitely recommend this software to other small business owners.

Pros

It is very easy to use and intuitive.

Cons

The only problem that we are having with the software is the fact that slots will not automatically close off if other bookings are full. For example, we offer three sorts of tours. One for a half hour, a second for an hour, and a third for two hours. If we fill up the two hour tours, then we can not run tours for the hour and half hour slots, but they remain open. What we have been doing is manually closing slots that we don't have the personnel to run.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Leah,

We are so appreciative of your 5 star review! It is great to hear that you have had such a positive experience throughout your transition. Looking at the issue you expressed as a con, this is something we can easily sort out through some adjustments with your setup. We will be in touch further to help you out on the setup change!

-Mitch

Bente H.

Fantastic booking software

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

We have been very satisfied with Fareharbor and it's excellent team who are always ready to help us with any changes or questions. The system itself has made our booking process and back office system become super smooth and faultless

Pros

The software is easy to use. It has a very professional looking booking interface which has generated great conversion rate for our online bookings.
We also like that it has API connectivity so that all bookings from our partners goes straight into the system and thus saves us lots of time.

Cons

Every now and again there's a product update and it means we can't access the bookings. It's a little annoying that it mostly falls in the European openings times. But this is something that rarely happens.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Bente - it's great to hear that FareHarbor has brought ease to your daily operations! We always aim to give you the best of the best, so apologies for the inconvenience when it comes to product updates and we will pass this feedback along to the team! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we look forward to our future successes together!

Ciara M.

Great & Simple to use

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

The staff are fantastic and help with everything. Always there to answer any questions and help in any way they can

Pros

Very user friendly. Built into our own site rather than taking our users away. We can build our own users and things like discount codes, adding on affiliates etc very easily. Our affiliates were also connected so meant easier to get bookings as they can see live availability.

Cons

The gift voucher codes are very long....

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Ciara -

We are glad to hear that you find the software very user-friendly. If you need assistance with gift vouchers or promo codes, please feel free to reach out. Our amazing 24/7 Support Team is always available to help!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Michael B.

Great reservations booking software for a major water sports adventure company in Key West

Reviewed on 2018/02/17

User friendly, intuitive, easy to add or cancel trips. Excellent customer support makes quicker bookings and higher revenues.

Pros

Best part is the customer service. Very easy to get in touch with and always professional and knowledgeable. Very easy to add headlines to bookings if a trip gets cancelled or modified to let all of our employees up to date. Our company also uses NAVIS HUB migration which can talk to Fareharbor making to easy to process credit card transactions and add booking notes to existing reservations.

Cons

I don't very little cons about this software. Sometimes when you pull up a trip manifest it can be a little slow, but that is the only thing I can think of.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Thanks for the great review, Michael! We appreciate the feedback. We absolutely love working with the team at Fury and are always happy to hear that FareHarbor is working well for you. Thanks again.

Brad S.
  • Industry: Sports

hard to beat such great service

Reviewed on 2016/08/25

The team at Fareharbor has been there for us every step of the way. I am not computer savvy at all so I have to call them all the time for help. With no questions asked they quickly fix any problems I'm having dress any new ideas I have and teach me what I need to get it done myself next time.

Pros

it has helped me track and organize our business. I get compliments on how easy it is to use by our customers all the time.

Cons

I wish there was a way to turn off entire time slots on different days and entire days with one (1) click of a button . I deal with changing tides, swells and weather every day so I need this function more than most I'm guessing.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hey Brad,

Thank so much for the review. We're happy to hear you're receiving compliments about FareHarbor from your guests!

Never hesitate to reach out if you need anything!

Reef P.

Outstanding Reservation Software

Reviewed on 2015/10/28

We have been using FareHarbor for almost one year now and we are very pleased with how it has improved our bookings and reservation processing. David Rex has been outstanding in his local (here in Hawaii) support and assistance from the very beginning. FareHarbor has significantly improved our cashflow and management of our customer reservations. We really like the no-fee model that FareHarbor uses for the service provider - we do not pay ANY fees to FareHarbor (other than a very reasonable credit card processing fee (1.9%) for payments). We are excited to continue to use FareHarbor and implement new capabilities and features as they are released.

Pros

1. Easy to integrate into your website
2. Very good Customer Support
3. Easy to use by customers booking your services
4. Seemless payment processing
5. Very good communication (email) to the customer; Confirmation email, reminder email, thank you email, rebooking email, cancellation email, etc...

Cons

1. Very poor Help available for the software - you need to call Customer Support.
2. Very poor Reporting capability - not flexible and not standard reporting
3. Financial posting difficult - not easy to take payments and post to your financial system with proper tax, fee, gross breakdowns

Response from FareHarbor

Hi Bud and Miriam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We are so appreciative of your loyalty, and are glad to hear that you're happy with the improvements you've seen with money flow and customer bookings. It's awesome that you are excited about new features coming out in the future, because we are too!

I will follow up via email to talk about some of the cons you mentioned, thank you!
Lauren