NUVI

Social data monitoring, reputation management using insights

4,3
4,1
3,7
4,2
4,4
Jessica P.

Nothing but issues

Reviewed on 2016/05/03

The IDEA of it is great, does it work as well as they sell you on? If you are a HUGE business, sure it might, but not without a lot of work to decipher all their graphs, skim through activity one grueling minute at a time, and click on hundreds to thousands of bubbles INDIVIDUALLY to engage with people. If you are a small company, forget it. This service will be a complete waste of money. Not to mention they will say whatever they need to to trick you into a contract and then bind you to it for an entire year.

I dislike a lot. I dislike that they don't send invoices at all before you are charged and if you try to access invoices in your account, don't worry you can't because they don't exist there.

I dislike that we were told we had a 30-day no-contract trial that wasn't even long enough to build up enough useful data to see if it was even worth the $300/mo they charge. Not only that, we are such a small company with so low of mentions it has been COMPLETELY useless. They don't care, they just want your money. And because we emailed them a few days after the 30 day trial (including weekends) they "talked to their lawyers" and "the lawyers" just couldn't let us out of the contract. How desperate are they that they need our $300/mo if they have such large companies on board that they brag about on their website?

I also dislike how there is no useful way to engage with Instagram. If you have 1,000 bubbles of engagement you have to click them all individually and change the color to know what you have even checked or not checked. It is tedious, time consuming, and a complete waste of time. I don't even know how large companies manage this because of how much work it is.

Monitors are hard to set up, you have to specify and narrow down SO much just to tailor it to what you need. You can't be too broad, but you can't be too specific. They will ask to set up calls all day to waste your time just telling you all the work you need to do to get it right.

Not resolving any business issues, managing NUVI is actually MORE work than anything.

ZERO benefits. We are too small of a company and it is completely useless. They didn't have any sympathy for our less than 100 mentions a day and have bound us to the contract anyway. Cell phone providers don't even lock you into contracts any more. I think they are extremely desperate for money.

Nichole S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to use, good quality, budget price

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Nuvi enabled us to listen to social media mentions from many sources all in one place. I highly recommend it as a social media listening tool.

Pros

Our company used Nuvi for around a year. I was the primary user of the system and used it daily. Nuvi let us enter as many keywords into our search categories as we wanted, which was different from most other companies who put a limit on them. We could also create as many categories as we needed. This was important for us -- as a medical device company with a lot of products we had to be specific with which terms Nuvi would listen to and also have a lot of them.

Cons

Reporting wasn't as customizable as we might've wanted, so we still had to do a fair amount of manual monitoring and create reports each week in Excel, but for the most part Nuvi was a great product, especially for the price and the way it fit our needs.

Jenn S.
Company size: Self Employed

Outstanding product if you use the data!

Reviewed on 2016/05/26

Without question, the best part of NUVI is the customer service that went along with each step of the process. From sales to technical setup to ongoing client assistance, it was a first class operation. My client rep, Brandi Bronson, was always available--or had a team ready and willing to assist me until she could break free--and her solutions helped me consistently meet my client's needs and surpass their expectations!

Beyond that, NUVI's robust metrics package proved valuable in two ways: It spurred conversation ABOUT social media, more so than any tool my organization has used, and its inviting graphs and reports helped keep the "cool" factor intact in all the data...a necessary balance to ensure you maintain the attention of an executive team.

Perhaps the only issue I had with Nuvi is not a limitation of the tool per se, but of my client segment. Keeping the data targeted to uses pinned to a specific entity proves difficult when you are tracking people, not businesses. But when it came to cleaning the data out, Brandi once again proved responsive and creative--helping me solve the problem and come up with countermeasures to improve tracking going forward.

My primary clients are publishers and authors, who seek to understand the conversations centered around books and writing/reading. The biggest benefit I was able to bring was to be able to show clients how their key competitors were leveraging social media, which helped my clients establish best practices and new ways of thinking about their time on social media.

Pros

Ease of use, robust data tracking, and great reports

Cons

Could always use more customizable reporting!

Ksenia B.

We couldn't live without Nuvi!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/11

Nuvi is helping our team build insightful social strategy and content plans using in-depth, data-driven analytics and real-time social listening!

Pros

Nuvi helps to bring real-time conversations to life! Without it, we'd be making less informed decisions about our client's social business, content direction and overall strategy.

We're able to quickly and easily create profiles, which allow us to monitor client (and even competitor) intel with a granular focus.

Custom reporting allows our team to create interactive, accurate, and detailed PDF reports that are easy to share with your clients, executives and team.

Mobile alerts allow our team to stay connected on the go. Customize text or email alerts to notify you of important developments (crisis).

Cons

Would love to see Nuvi offer a tool that can help to measure specific metrics (post frequency, impressions, etc.) as it relates to competitor social audits.

Historical data does not pull Facebook/Instagram data (only Twitter). Needs to include all social channels.

Jamie W.
Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Excellent monitoring and reporting tool which is highly scaleable

Reviewed on 2016/03/24

Beautifully visualises complex data via an easy to use interface and helps make creating social media monitoring and analysis reports very easy. No more screen grabs, no more timely creation of manual reports.

Highly scalable for multiple monitoring clients, without increasing cost significantly - you pay per mention rather than per client.

Support has always been excellent, with regular client meetings and a genuine interest in improving the product, and I've been impressed with the engagement from the customer service team at Nuvi,

Pros

Very easy to use, yet produces highly visual results which clients love
Can be used for multiple clients without increasing your cost.
Early warning alerts for significant changes in sentiment or volume means you get a head up of any issues.

Cons

We are in Australia, and although I have found the customer service at Nuvi to be excellent, there isn't anyone locally in our timezone, so there can be a lag between raising and issue and it getting solved.

Industry: Internet

Snazzy design, flashy demo, underlying IT will give you heartburn

Reviewed on 2018/04/06

Initial excitement followed by a creeping sense of disappointment

Pros

They have a beautiful product, a nice data visualization engine and aggressive sales reps who know how to show you want to you want to see . It's also less expensive than other more sophisticated solutions, meaning those new to social listening efforts can get some value out of this tool.

Cons

Sooner or later, they are going to let you down. First you'll start to notice that their feeds are missing data. Then you'll notice that their support reps can't do much to help you. Then you'll start second-guessing the numbers you see in the platform and realize that you probably should have waited a few additional weeks before signing that contract. Finally, do you admit it to your boss or keep submitting incomplete/misleading reports. They sit at this awkward position between the cheapest social data companies and the market leaders. My recommendation is to stick with credit card contracts from Mention or others until your ready to spend what it takes to conduct reliable analytics.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Hannah M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

NUVI great tool for social listening

Reviewed on 2016/05/05

This is a great tool for people who are looking for a user friendly social listening tool. The customer service we've had with NUVI has been outstanding which makes the product, that much better. Having someone we can call at any time to walk through our queries or a feature is what has been super helpful with this product.

Pros

Customer Service is fantastic (thanks Roy!). Easy to understand. Easy to digest and use. The reporting is in depth and customizable. The influencer tools are really neat. Ability to look at follower audience and look at trends within those audiences.

Cons

The reports are in-depth but they aren't very pretty to look at.

Carolina K.

NUVI - Great Monitoring Tool

Reviewed on 2016/03/29

I've been using NUVI for about a month now, and it's been a great experience so far. There are multiple features on NUVI that have proven beneficial to our Communications and Strategy teams. We're able to get a much more in-depth and detailed look at the social landscape which helps us at all stages of content development. Our Client Success Manager, Amberlyn, has been so incredibly helpful since we started using NUVI. She truly cares about making us knowledgable about the product and goes above and beyond to explain and answer any question we may have.

Pros

The generated reports are nicely designed and formatted to share with clients.
This tool pulls insights and analytics unlike any other monitoring product I've used before.
Great customer service.

Cons

Setting up a solid monitor might be a little tricky at first, but with the help and guidance of Amberlyn, she's really gone above and beyond to ensure that we're well-versed with NUVI.

Alejandro F.

Nuvi Review

Reviewed on 2016/04/01

Nuvi has helped simply the social media madness with an easy to use, easy to read platform.

Graphs, data, and information is beautifully displayed. No more manually searching each social platform for company mentions, conversation and important industry news.

It's been a huge time saver!

Pros

Great customer service. Fast and always helpful with solutions to our problems. Beautiful dashboard.

Cons

Cost is a bit high. There are many (and growing) social media tools out there with many similar features.

Jennifer V.

Positive experience with Nuvi

Reviewed on 2016/02/01

We are a small agency that uses Nuvi to report on campaigns run on behalf of our clients. It is very thorough in its reporting, analysis, and the automatically generated report is extremely useful for our clients.

Pros

Great customer service and product is easy to use.

Cons

No major cons to report.

Ciara D.
Industry: Mining & Metals
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

AWESOME listening and monitoring tool!

Reviewed on 2016/05/03

My company has been using NUVI for about 2 years now and we have loved every bit of it. My favorite parts of NUVI have to be the social stream, the report feature, and the awesome account managers! The social stream is very unique and in real-time. So as mentions occur, you can see them pop up immediately - which is very cool to watch (I'd love to have a monitor that just runs the stream all day long!) Building a report allows me an in-depth analysis of what's happening on our social media channels and I love how I can tailor it to show exactly what I need to see. Last, but not least, the account managers are amazing! We started with one account manager (Miranda) and now have a new one (Ana), but from day one, both of those ladies have been nothing but helpful, supportive, and attentive. I must say that our NUVI experience wouldn't be as great without them!

Pros

Customer service - account managers are always helpful and attentive, Social stream - shows mentions in real time and is really cool to watch, Reporting feature - builds unique reports based on various preferences, Appealing dashboard - appears very engaging

Cons

Search feature can sometimes be "buggy." When searching for a specific keyword to do a batch delete, it kept pulling 0 results.

Sarah L.

Great Listening/Monitoring Tool

Reviewed on 2016/02/29

There are many great features that we like about NUVI. We initially purchased this tool just for listening/monitoring but have learned to do so much more with it. We have the best account manager, Shae'la, who goes above and beyond to explain and answer any questions we may have. With little knowledge about the tool at first, she has been able to inform and educate our team on the tool and all of its cool features.

Pros

We really enjoy the "stream" feature and love the reports that NUVI creates. The dashboards for each monitor is also very easy and friendly to use.

Cons

Sentiment can be very inaccurate which reflects poorly in our reports but we've learned that this can be easily corrected. We have a specific way of reporting to our clients and NUVI doesn't include all the basic metrics such as follower growth and top performing posts so we still need to use other tools to pull that information.

Laurel W.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Easily the most effective, intuitive piece of software I've used - TO DATE!

Reviewed on 2016/04/06

Apart from the genius piece of software that Nuvi as a platform is, easily the best part of the experience was my Nuvi rep Amber. Sensational, informative, creative, personable and business savvy, Amber made all the difference when it came to teaching an old theater gal how to use a complex piece of software, to achieve some pretty magical results. Job. Well. Done.

Pros

I cannot express how great the customer service is at this company. With me from the very start, having a Nuvi rep by my side has made a huge difference in my understanding of the product as a whole. Not only have I been able to create intuitive, specific monitors, but the leads we found helped us build our entire community. High fives, all around. What a truly fantastic product, with an even better team of people leading the way.

Cons

No such thing. Nuvi for the win. WOOT!

Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

I don't know why we are paying for this software.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/04/10

There is a lot of free software out there that can do what Nuvi does, although it won't look as cool.

Pros

Nuvi looks cool. That is what I like most about it. They have a slick interface and their color scheme reminds me of Tron.

Cons

Where to begin? For some reason we have a contract with Nuvi. I'm not even sure who signed it, approved it, or asked for it. Apparently some people (1-2) log in every so often to check sentiment on various products or keywords related to our organization. I've never once seen an action item come out of it. I've never once seen something new brought to anyone's attention. Now you could argue that this is our own user's fault, that we aren't using the software to it's potential, but I've used Nuvi and I just don't see the value. Their logic that analyzes mentions is really, really, basic. It seems to be simply based on dictionaries and not actually logic, learning, or true recognition. It presents tons of false positives, to the point it is useless.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Beware of NUVI

Reviewed on 2015/06/25

What began as a shiny new tool we hoped would lead to actionable insights into social conversations surrounding our brand turned out to be something not useful to our company. We had difficulty filtering out posts and mentions that didn't apply (even after seeking help from their customer support) and all the bells and whistles didn't really give us information to act on. It was a classic case of data overload. But things got really bad when we tried to cancel our subscription. The contract we signed never explicitly said that the 12 month subscription we originally signed for would automatically renew for another full year. We were not provided any notification or chance to opt out at the end of the contract and were not notified when it auto-renewed. Not realizing that this had happened I contacted them to cancel and was given the run-around. When I tried to esclate this their acct rep just patronized me, mislead me and strung me along, drawing out the whole process instead of just letting us go. A highly frustrating experience, especially for such smaller company that should be working harder to make customers happy, even if that means letting us go. I would have recommended their tool to other organizations with different situations and needs but now all I'll do is bash them.

Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Great tool for client service

Reviewed on 2016/05/04

We use NUVI for nearly half of our client accounts, mainly as a tool to spot opportunities and challenges for clients wishing to expand their social media reach and engagement. It's easy to use and costs just a fraction of all of its competitors.

Pros

Many to list - some of our favorites are the comparison dashboards, customized reporting and crisis alert monitoring.

Cons

We would love a news story archive to be made available at some point in the future.

Paul J.

Top Shelf .... NUVI

Reviewed on 2016/02/16

NUVI has been a game changer in my agency business. It sets apart the digital players from the fly-by-nights by providing real-time data on influencers, conversations, regions, sentiment, hashtags, demographics and more. A tool that allows you to jump right into the conversation and participate. It allows me to tell our clients how their campaign is doing moment by moment or by submitting a quick report.

Pros

Amazing visuals bringing valuable data to life for the short attention span CEO and decision maker. It appeals to both left and right brain when monitoring the conversation.

Cons

A content generator and bulk email uploader are missing.

Excellent Tool!

Reviewed on 2016/01/29

Nuvi has been a fantastic product to work with as we monitor social mentions for our clients. It offers customizable reporting and affordability. Historical pulls have been a lifesaver and they are easy to request. Best of all, their customer service is OUTSTANDING. Truly best service on any 3rd party product we use. I would highly recommend to any agency or company looking to get some insights from the social landscape.

Pros

- Easy Interface
- Great Formatted Reports
- Customer Service
- Affordable

Cons

- My only con at this point is that it isn't a more comprehensive reporting system - would love the platform to expand to include Radio/TV/Online

Shane B.

Okay software

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

Has a lot of capabilities. There are a lot of different social media tracking and stats you can gain access to.

Cons

Does not work as well as they say it will especially if you are a small company. This software is really developed and most used for larger companies.... MUCH larger companies that have massive followings.

Jon A.
Industry: Public Relations & Communications

NUVI is the tool for real-time social media monitoring in crisis and issue management situations

Reviewed on 2016/01/30

I implemented NUVI for two clients that were in the midst of tricky transition events. Both situations required real-time, comprehensive, cross-platform monitoring for use by marketing, legal and operational groups. NUVI met the challenge in every respect. It was particularly helpful to have live support to help with the set-up and tweaking of the initial parameters. The account team provided over-and-above support.

Kimball j. P.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

NUVi: Great tool!

Reviewed on 2016/02/25

We held a live event and monitored the conversation leading up to the event and the day of. With such high volume coming in, we used the sentiment tool to go through all of the data. From the sentiment tool we were able to make the decision to adjust our campaign branding. Because of the real time monitoring, we were able to direct people on how to join the event when people mentioned us with questions.

Cons

We tried out the publishing tool, but it didn't have everything we needed so we ended up using a different tool, but our AM was awesome to help us out during our live event. Overall, NUVI has been great!

Dale S.

Cool product to manage all my solicial media feeds

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Great to find out what is being said out there about your business.

Pros

It is a great dashboard to monitor all the solicail media feeds. I can see what is being said about my business. I not longer using the product but would highly recommend for managing your online presents.

Cons

When I was using it under heavy load the dashboard could take a bit to refresh but most of the time it work great.

Shawn V.

NUVI Rocks!

Reviewed on 2016/02/25

We were able to find our brand champions through NUVI and we reached out to them to help us promote our campaign. It helped spread the word for our live event and had a great turn out. It was nice to have a quick way to find those influential people, rather than spending forever on Twitter.

Cons

We really wish that we were able to track LinkedIN as well. It worked brilliantly for Twitter and we were able to accomplish what we were looking for, ut LInkedIn data would be amazing!

Venugopal S.
Industry: Insurance
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

NUVI: The next step towards Software as a Service

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

Pros

Today, if someone asks about the social sphere then we always say it is very vast and has infinite limits. Similarly, conversations over this network are also very vast. No one can track or record all the information flowing over the social sphere. So, ultimately it became a strong barrier. That’s way, NUVI arouses effectively and efficiently in today’s environment. It is very easy to use and in addition, helps you to monitor and discover social media channels along with brands and competition. Most Interesting is that it allows us to be a part of that conversation. Awesome!! It has multiple ways to view mentioned reporting as well as is very useful to keep records. It deals with customers effectively i.e. supports CRM. It carries a lot of unique features like real-time listening, social listening, social seeding, monitoring of reputations, robust data tracking and many more.

Cons

This application consists some problems regarding its working in the context of publishing, monitoring of LinkedIn and adjustment of sentiments are allowed only by username etc. It is also having issues related to cost which is very high if you want to use that software to its fullest. Sometimes, the amount of data can terrify you. Its search feature is also worse as sometimes when try to delete a batch it pulls out the result as 0. That’s Worse!! It has to be remembered that, if you purchase it for a year it will automatically renew for another year, So,it is better to be careful!!!!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jeremy L.

Great Social Seeding and ListingTool

Reviewed on 2016/02/19

Nuvi is very easy to use. I have gotten great information that we use for reputation management, finding other people to connect with our brands with or just to get a general idea what people think about a topic. If you need to build your social network out this is a great tool to find qualified people who are high influencer. If you are running any kind of national social media program you need a tool like Nuvi.

Pros

This is a powerful reputation management. It also is very useful in finding qualified people to reach out to on social networks. The amount of man hours this saves is tremendous. I estimate to manually capture the kind of information Nuvi provides would require at least 120 hours a week. We use this tool to find people that we can reach out to on social networks and interact. These people are generally product enthusiast. We also use this during events to see how our brands are being mentioned and how we can reach out to them.

Cons

The only feature i would have liked to see is the ability to put a cap on total impression captured as sometimes I just want to get a small snapshot for a potential client.