Avaza

All-in-one, client-focused project management for teams.

Santiago
Santiago

More than a program, it is an experience for the management of your projects.

Reviewed on 2019/04/13

The internal organization is fundamental to be able to fulfill our own goals, and at the same time, with the clients that believe in our commercial offer. Thanks to Avaza we have managed to engage efforts that were not identified to achieve the internal goals, since we implemented it, our level of communication has reached the best levels of communication, which translates into a reduction of time in activities that in the past They took days or even weeks. Since we worked with Avaza there are no missing links of information, we have reached a point that without Avaza it would take years to achieve.

Pros

One of the things that I liked most, is the interface that they offer to all their users, it is the best for those of us who are more visual when working. Another aspect that many do not know but that I love, is to be able to integrate Avaza with other platforms so that the reach is greater, I have managed to move from one platform to the other without losing time or reducing the value that Avaza gives me. Also, the commercial offer they offer is the most competitive, because you can start your venture without sacrificing all the capital with which you account, and being stable you can know the available improvements so that you achieve new goals within your company. Another functionality that I like, is to be able to have a great integration with email, apart, it allows me to monitor all projects and important events for the company, it is a vital support that greatly improves performance.

Cons

It would be unfair to identify negative aspects, because the capabilities that you offer for your work on anything happens, I have reviewed the platform for a long time and to date, I have not found anything that changes my positive perception about Avaza.

Cameron

Great Project Management Tool for small teams

Reviewed on 2019/06/23

I found Avaza through G Suite, and I am sooooo glad I did! It is a VERY well full feature application for small teams for the cost. Unfortunately, I no longer have the G Suite account, but I still use Avaza...was NOT about to let it go!
The features are rich, it does a lot, allows for customization and flexibility...and I am sure I still haven't discovered other things it is capable of doing because it was so easy to get in and start keeping track of projects...I honestly haven't had time to go in-depth with other features.
I have a very small company with my partner and it is great. Clients (who do not have PM app experience or technical knowledge) were able to easily get in and understand what they needed to do....it is great!

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, features, customization options.

Cons

Add-on costs...I still don't understand how it is that if I add an additional administrator, why they are not part of the Scheduling User as well. If they are an Admin, they should be everything as well. It seems odd.

Teamwork.com, Airtable, Wrike and Podio

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

Avaza keeps things more organized and has more features for the price.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Avaza

Cost for the features and ease of use
Tarun

A tool which need enhancements to cope up with the new technology changes!

Reviewed on 2019/11/27

It was a good tool but not meeting our expectations. We switched to a different product.

Pros

Ease of use.
Have a mobile app. You can complete your tasks on the go.
Reports

Cons

User Interface is old and laggy.
They need to upgrade there app for iOS devices. It hangs up a lot.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Tarun,

We are glad to inform you that we have recently rolled out our native Time Tracking app, soon to be followed by the Expense Management app.

We are also about to introduce significant improvements to the main Avaza app.

Please feel free to reach out to our 24/7 support team via chat or email ([email protected]) with your suggestions.

Kristin

Incredibly intuitive and efficient

Reviewed on 2022/10/11

We needed a tool that our operations people and other team members could use to enter their time, create estimates, projects, and invoices, and communicate easily between workers and approvers. This program was built by people who understand what is needed to support a proper project management workflow. Absolutely no complaints.

Pros

We can move smoothly from estimate to projects/tasks to invoicing in a click. Everything is obvious, smooth, uncluttered. Nothing is hidden behind nested menus or un-obvious navigational labels. Best project management software I've tested, and I've tested dozens.

Cons

Nothing. And if we ever have a question or issue, customer support is fantastic.

Lauren
  • Industry: Design

Streamlining studio processes

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Before we discovered Avaza, we were seriously looking into designing and developing our own software because we just couldn't find one programme that did everything we needed. It's early days, but I'm very optimistic that Avaza is going to save us from having to take on that huge project!

Pros

As a young company, we are learning every day. We want the software we use to have a wealth of features, so that our team members only need to have one window open. Previously, we were having to use slack for one thing, 10,000ft for another, and excel to track timesheets. It just wasn't streamlined. We're only very new to Avaza, but so far it looks as though it might be the answer to all our previous issues.

Cons

This isn't a con of the software, as such, but we're used to how we used to do things and now we're having to learn something new, around our actual jobs! So, the change is currently causing extra work, but that will settle down.
As a design studio, we are mostly visual people, so I do find the schedule views quite hard to follow. The team view is actually easier for me, but as a user I don't have access to that. Also, we collaborate daily, so being able to see what everyone is working on would just be an added benefit.

merve
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Excellent report generation, project management, and customer service

Reviewed on 2022/12/05

It is practical, uncomplicated, tidy, and straightforward to use. The chat feature is excellent because it keeps everything in one location. The timesheets make it simple to keep track of estimates and assess how accurate you are now or have been in the past so that you can develop estimates that are more accurate going forward. For us, this function is fantastic.

Pros

The reports are really useful for project management, billing, and keeping track of our location across the entire firm. We can immediately act on all the information and make decisions because we can see the status of each employee at a glance, as well as any potential overruns compared to timetables, costs, and chargeable. We can create tasks with Avaza, assign them to team members, and keep track of who has completed what. The software contains a chat room where everyone working on the project can discuss the work, as well as a calendar and Gantt chart for each project so we can view the status of all activities on one page.

Cons

At this point, practically nothing. In the past week, I've tested around 8 different systems from other vendors, and this one is by far the finest and meets all the criteria. Alerts tailored to each activity would be quite useful. Additionally, the option to quickly assign time or projects to users on a daily basis rather than for the duration that the job is open would be useful.

Giles
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Best project management system out there 5*

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

Really good on the whole. Love the fact that I can estimate, proj manage and invoice from the same system.

Pros

It's a complete solution and shares most of the best features of it's competitors. The fact that you can not only project manage but also use it for account keeping is a game changer. Very reasonable pricing too. Best product on the market be a LOOOOOONG way!

Cons

I use the estimates to generate my projects. If you have to make changes to the estimate (eg. client asks for something additional within a project) you cannot update the project you created and have to make a whole new project and then manually update any time you have captured against tasks. Bit painful that.

monday.com and Wrike

Streamtime pricing and limitations

Streamtime

Better solution. Accoutn keeping features Better pricing Better trial terms
Marylou
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

New to Avaza and likely to stay

Reviewed on 2021/04/02

I’m quite pleased with Avaza. I switched over from Monday.com and of course the price here is so affordable, which is great since price is why we did not stay at Monday.com past their free trial. I remember thinking Avaza really wasn’t all that different in layout, which is a good thing, but it’s some of the extra features here and there that I need to learn more about as I continue to get comfortable with the site.

Pros

Mostly being able to work with other people who aren’t with me physically. There’s a lot of details that can be involved and I’m still able to have others stay on the same page as me. Side note, so in love with the fact you guys have an app.

Cons

I’m not sure if this is an option but a task prioritization feature is always helpful to me. There’s always something that needs to get done, but deciding what to get done first and being able to identify it quickly is important to me.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Marylou,

Thanks for taking the time and leaving us a detailed review.

Avaza supports prioritising tasks. You can configure priorities based on your needs with colour codes. Tasks can be grouped by priority as well.

Our customer support team is available 24/7 to assist you with setting up your Avaza account and answer any questions you may have.

Rachel

All the basic project management needs for a reasonable price

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

Very easy to use. When in doubt or have questions the support team is very helpful and responds quickly. The live demonstration was very useful and helped answer a lot of my questions.

Pros

I liked that I could have up to 10 users included in the $39.95USD per month fee and that additional users were only $5USD per user per month.
You get all the features for a set monthly price and it is extremely affordable and easy to use.

Cons

The only thing that Avaza did not meet in my expectations was the ability to integrate timesheets with QuickBooks. Otherwise, Avaza ticked a lot of boxes that other companies did not.

BQE CORE Suite, Streamtime, TeamWave, ServiceM8, ProWorkflow and Podio

Reasons for Switching to Avaza

It had all the features I wanted, especially the seamless integration with QuickBooks without the need for a third party software all for an affordable monthly price. You can have up to 10 users before you need to pay for additional users and additional users only cots $5USD per user per month whereas other companies charge anywhere from $10-$20 per month. Definitely more bang for your buck. The system is easy to use and meets the needs of basic project management.
  • Industry: Design

Project management done right

Reviewed on 2019/12/27

So far it has proven to be a solid solution to keep on top of parallel freelance design projects

Pros

Avaza allows you to manage project of varying degrees of complexity in an organic and logic way. The tasks can be viewed as lists, kaban board or layout out against timeline through gnatt view

Cons

Resource scheduling is not as useful as it could be as it force to schedule a resource for the same amount of hours everyday which is unrealistic

Andrew
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Feature rich project management and client billing solution

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Pros

Many features for project management including custom tasks and timesheet categories to standardize information across users. The ability to section off portions of projects and bill for those sections specifically. Easy to use gantt charting. In application communication tools. In-depth custom reporting.

Cons

At first the organization of information is a little confusing and people see it as cumbersome, but after some time its pretty easy. The reports are nice but they have so many options it takes some time to figure out what options will give you what you need. Single project quick view dashboard (time or $$ left in budget, items past due summary) not available, but can get there with custom reports once you figure out how to do it.

Forecast and Harvest

Reasons for Switching to Avaza

The structure of our projects can be modeled more appropriately in Avaza than could be done in Harvest. The gantt chart feature in Avaza was a big seller as well as the ability to attach files other than in the expenses section. Cost.
Nupur
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Easy collaboration and Time tracking

Reviewed on 2020/04/08

Its been very helpful. We are able to easily collaborate without clients and all information sits in a centralized space.

Pros

Timesheet feature (Billable vs Non-Billable tracking)
Extensive reporting
Task allocation

Cons

I am satisfied with what this product offers. My suggestion is that we should have the ability to assign tasks to multiple users.

Ravetree

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

Pricing and features that are available in Avaza.

Jira

Juan

Loving it (understanding that needs some improvements)

Reviewed on 2021/11/29

It has been great! better than other software companies. I hope they get to work in our request to improve the software

Pros

Easy to use and create projects. white label client portal. Like the interaction that my clients have with the software. Great customer service!

Cons

You cannot assign general tasks per client only by specific project. You cannot have recurrent projects and you have to generate a new project every month (time consuming) (it is important to mention that there are recurrent tasks but this doesn't impact the budget). the system does not have CRM, most of competitors have a sort of CRM

Decio
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Avaza

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

I would say It's a nice software. The features they provide is very similar with others we used before so this facilitate the migration.

Pros

Easy to use, integration with other softwares (Expensify, QuickBooks), simplicity. The features they provide is very similar with others we used before so this facilitate the migration.

Cons

It's missing few features that could be interesting: Team Schedule could be visible not only for admin, on TimeSheet (for <Pending Approval> and <Approved> its not visible start/end time)... and few others

Eileen
Eileen
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Tool that increases productivity and teamwork

Reviewed on 2023/05/22

Avaza is a comprehensive and easy-to-use tool for managing projects and tasks. It is a robust and reliable platform that has improved the way my team works, and has increased efficiency and productivity.

Pros

Its drag-and-drop features make it possible to plan tasks and milestones quickly. I like that the platform has a user-friendly and easy-to-use interface, which makes it easy for my team and I to stay organized and track the progress of projects. In addition, Avaza offers a wealth of features, such as the ability to sync with other tools, track time, and generate detailed reports. This has allowed my team to save time and focus on the most important tasks.

Cons

It can sometimes be a bit slow to load, which can be frustrating when trying to work on high priority projects and needing a quick turnaround.

Erica
  • Industry: Accounting

I'll Never Use Another Software

Reviewed on 2022/06/24

Easy to use and seamless once you get setup. Overall I love all their features.

Easy to use and seamless once you get setup. Overall I love all their features.

Pros

The time tracking and filter reporting system were a must have for me when shopping for softwares. Avaza is the only software that met those needs perfectly.

Cons

If I had to put something, I'd say that task roll-overs aren't as suitable as I would like. I would like for the new created tasks to be able to roll-over with more clarity as to which new job this is. Also, I do not like that completed tasks continue to show up as a timesheet task after completion as this over-populates and confuses this area. This would be never ending if you had weekly task completions that rolled over.

Justinas
  • Industry: Legal Services

Avaza works great for law firms

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

We have moved to Avaza from the model were we used much more expensive PM software and our own billing software. Super happy about having everyting in one place

Pros

We were struggling to find a PM software that would have decent billing capabilites. In Avaza billing functionality is on par with dedicated billing services, furthermore it is fully adoptable to any language (i.e. we issue avaza invoices in lithuanian language)

Cons

Time input could be easier, on the other hand, as vast majority of our projects are billed by fixed fee arrangements, the reason maybe be that we just didn't use it that much.

The best all-in-one solution for project management and automated billing

Reviewed on 2023/01/17

Avaza is the best business management solution that helps us optimize our results with its automation features.Very useful

Pros

Avaza has allowed us to streamline our operations, resources and manage different projects more efficiently. It also provides us with very good analytical functionality for creating reports that benefit our business.

Cons

The current interface is very well optimized by the avaza team for me I have no problem for the moment with the application

Debjit

A simple and powerful client and project manager.

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

I just love the simple easy to setup approach. I can set up and start using the software within days, and there are no learning curves. I just used their project management and time tracking which is great. I can recommend my customer/user to use this service so they can simplify their task. I am still trying this and getting some awesome result.

Pros

Simple and clean setup is what I can set up easily. I like the simple wizard just in front of me and all the process updates are in front of me. The UI is clear simple and just workes as they should be. I love the minimalistic and to the point menu of it. Menu structure is also just in front of me, no more finding or take a note for just a menu. And yes it really does what it tells even in the free plan it is so much initiative then others I have tried. Project management and Time tracking are what I use most of the time and just workes. I am happy that I gave this a try.

Cons

Reports can be improved. I am not very comfortable with the report features. I just get confused and get lost with so much reporting options. Also, I think the report should be under every particular subject.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Debjit,

I am glad to let you know that the reports module got a major upgrade. All reports are organised under each major category.

Commonly used reports can be saved with filter values and can be scheduled for email delivery as well.

Avaza now supports more than 50+ insightful reports with all the information at your fingertips.

Please feel free to reach out to our friendly customer support team with further feedback via direct chat from within the app or on our website.

Rahul
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

I had really great experience using Avaza.

Reviewed on 2022/12/22

Overall, Avaza is a decent project management tool, but there are a few things that could be improved.

Pros

There are many things to love about Avaza, but for me the best part is the ability to easily collaborate on projects with team members. With Avaza, we can easily assign tasks, manage projects, and keep everything organized in one place. This makes it easy to stay on top of our work and get things done efficiently.

Cons

I didn't love the way Avaza handled notifications. I found myself getting a lot of email notifications that I couldn't easily control.

bhavesh
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

EASE IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

Pros

easily manage multiple projects and their tasks, very happy with the interactive UI and the team got hold of it pretty quickly. Also, the task notifications are received by the team member instantly on email. The pricing is good compared to its features and definitely stands out from its competition.

Cons

no way to use offline on pc as its an online web based application

ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

pricing is on the higher side

monday.com
Daintree

Definitely aiming to be all-in-one software

Reviewed on 2021/09/20

Good, solid tool with good reliability.

Good, solid tool with good reliability.

Pros

It is easy to navigate and use, and the project boards are quite customisable.

Cons

It does not excel at any one thing, but rather is seeking to do many (all?) things. Also, the pricing model (while inexpensive) is confusing/restrictive.

David

Very well featured, value for money project manager.

Reviewed on 2019/07/20

First class in every way.

First class in every way.

Pros

I liked its overall feature set, it is value pricing and the fact that I can bring clients in on a project with no extra cost. I can drop a screenshot straight into the task fields which is a huge money and time saver for me an us. One other thing to know is that they have support chat in admin and often you get an instant response which is amazing customer service.

I am so pleased I made the decision to work with Avaza.

Cons

Really not much that I don't like. I wish I could set automatic reminders for overdue tasks but at least I can go in and run reports.

Scott

Strong platform

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

I had given up the search to find a platform that combined project management and timekeeping. Avaza offers that combo with much more robust features and flexibility than I had expected.

Pros

After two years of searching for a timekeeping platform to compliment our production management platform we happened upon Avaza. It compares fairly well with Asana and ClickUp, especially considering the lower price point. But what it may lack in super fancy project management features it more than makes up for in the timekeeping functions. We are still newbies to Avaza, but so far we really like what we see.

Cons

We have found *most* of the reports we have needed and found them to be quite helpful. That said, a few more dashboard widgets and more reporting functionality would be nice.

Amy

Great features and pricing for small startups

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

We are a small, new company with a lot of work to coordinate. We are constantly providing clients with updates on projects and reviewing timelines for deliverables in order to keep ourselves on track. This software allows us to be efficient with our time by seeing where projects are with one quick glance. This also allows either of us to determine if/when we can take on additional work. It has been remarkably helpful to us in a short amount of time.

Pros

This program has all the functions a small business or non-profit needs to get started with managing a variety of projects and tasks. As consultants, we need the ease of invoicing, tracking hours, and uploading contracts for our clients coupled with a single place to manage the tasks of complex project management. It was very user friendly and easy to get started. I especially liked the variety of visual formats, as I like lists and my partner likes Gantt charts. You rarely get all these features in a free version of this kind of software, but even the paid versions are not very expensive.

Cons

I had a little trouble changing the administrator from one user to another. Also, the storage space is not that much, but you can always link to an outside cloud file using the notes section.