Microsoft Visual Studio Reviews

Carlos
Carlos
  • Industry: Design
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

This tools is a example to be followed.

Reviewed on 2022/01/06

I use day by day working with game development integrated with Unity and to prepare classes as a Professor in the area.

Pros

Microsoft Visual Studio is very well integrated to other tools for application and games programming. It is plenty of highlights and default settings that help the workflow! You only need to install and use, is much enough. But, it is possible customize as much as you want too. One of my favorite computational tools.

Cons

Sometimes it can be heavy for some computational systems, but it is not a big setback, because there is lighter version.

karthik
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

"Exploring Visual Studio Code: A User's Perspective"

Reviewed on 2023/10/07

Visual Studio Code has been an indispensable tool in my development journey. Its versatility, with support for multiple languages, extensions, and a seamless user interface, has made it my go-to code editor. From coding and debugging to version control and project management, VS Code has simplified it all. It's not just a code editor; it's a productivity booster. Whether I'm working on personal projects or collaborating with teams, VS Code's ease of use and customization have been game-changers. It's become an integral part of my daily workflow, and I can't imagine coding without it

Pros

Visual Studio Code's coolest feature, in my opinion, is that you can write code in lots of different programming languages. It's like having one tool that can do it all. Whether you're working on a website in HTML, a game in Python, or an app in JavaScript, VS Code has you covered. You don't have to switch between different programs, which can be a pain. It's like having a Swiss Army knife for coding – super handy and saves you time! Plus, you can add extra tools to VS Code to make it even better for each language you use. It's like having a personalized coding helper right at your fingertips. That's what makes VS Code so awesome!

Cons

Integrate built-in testing with analytics in VS Code for smarter development and data-driven marketing decisions.

Just Upgraded to 2107 after 2008 was decomissioned lots of bugs

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

This is a very useful tool. We use it to provide reporting and analytics for our entire operation. It's SSIS features and reporting tools allow us to present data in different formats and real time so issues can be resolved and we can look high level or as detailed as needed at our organaization.

Pros

I like how the Microsoft product continues to evolve. In 2017 we make SSIS on its own server. It speeds up Queries and has always on availability groups. Moving it to the cloud has also helped make it more available. It now has a more robust reporting tool to provide analytics on use and ways to improve run times and queries

Cons

It is a lot different then previous versions. All of the code required major changes to run. There was several issues with connecting to Access databases and Microsoft products that are "known bugs" or being worked on. I cant understand why a product gets out that doesn't integrate with other microsoft products flawlessly.

Tommy
Tommy

Biggest problem - VS Code or Visual Studio?

Reviewed on 2023/12/14

I've been around since the very first versions and I've never looked back, as said before, I use VS Code on the Mac as well and tons of features are shared, but VS is not the IDE by a long shot as VS is on Windows.
VS is a perfect match for Core 8, Angular, Typescript and what not.

Pros

It works. Mostly. Support for Core 8, TypeScript, all modern tools and languages. Integrated, easy set up and quick updates.

Cons

None, really except ONE. MS pulled the plug on Mac OS and that's a major setup. Im now running VS Code on the Mac and VS on a virtual machine on Azure. Works perfectly, but WHY!! I want VS on MAC!!

Dvock

A Versatile and Powerful IDE for Efficient Software Development

Reviewed on 2023/06/01

Overall, Microsoft Visual Studio is a powerful and feature-rich IDE for its comprehensive toolset, ease of use, and robust integration capabilities. I recommend it as the best choice for software development projects.I give high regards to the software for its robustness, versatility, and the comprehensive development environment it offers. However, individual experiences may vary depending on specific needs, preferences, and the complexity of the projects being worked on.For me as a user, through its comprehensive set of tools and features, it has guided me in providing a seamless development experience for building my applications especially the web applications.

Pros

I like Microsoft Visual Studio since it stands out due to its extensive range of desired features that cater to different development needs. Its user-friendly interface and intuitive design make it easy to use and navigate. Furthermore, its seamless integration with external apps and services enhances productivity and simplifies various aspects of the development process.

Cons

With numerous features and settings available, it can take time for users to explore and understand all the functionalities. Additionally, occasional performance issues or delays in startup time, especially when working with large projects or solutions, can impact the overall ease of use and user experience.Lastly, the level of integration and support for specific tools or services may vary, and developers may need to spend extra time configuring and troubleshooting integrations with certain external tools.

Giorgi
Giorgi
  • Industry: Banking

Best Coding Experience

Reviewed on 2023/02/11

I am using visual studio more than 4 year, with Visual Studio you can easily write a code and call apis, I am using this every day.

Pros

Microsoft Visual Studio is the best application to write a code, it is easy to use and very user friendly, Visual studio has a lot of useful features, Also you can use desktop version on your MacBook (not only Windows devices).

Cons

Mostly I like this application and I have no any ideas about cons

Mohammad
Mohammad
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Powerful IDE for Desktop Software Development

Reviewed on 2022/12/18

Quite pleased with the plethora of features VS has to offer, though the IDE could really benefit from an interface overhaul.

Pros

Starting a C# project & adding libraries & plugins have thus far been flawless with minimal frustration when trying to figure out how to do certain functions (in the IDE, not code-wise).

Cons

Been using Visual Studio since 2010 & while I have zero issues with the WinForm app interface, I believe that VS needs more UI customizations for WinForm especially when trying to create an aesthetically-appealing (not a plain) interface to entice users to use the software more frequently.

OutSystems and ECLIPSE

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Visual Studio

Visual Studio possesses a vaster array of features & compatibility with other programming languages for mobile & desktop development.

Apache NetBeans
Aman
Aman

Visual Studio Stands out of the Crowd

Reviewed on 2021/07/24

My overall experience is really amazing that I am still using it for my almost every work.

Pros

For me as a developer I love the way I code in it. The flexibility to edit is one of the most important key factors.

Cons

I didn't like the debugging feature of the Visual Studio as it is not accurate and it doesn't provide accurate information as compared with others.

Dana
Dana

Great IDE

Reviewed on 2021/11/19

Pros

Feature rich, very easy to use, loads of plugins and language support.

Cons

I missed having file edit history and labels that IntelliJ and Webstorm provide. I use git instead.

Enrico
Enrico

The most complete IDE for back end software development

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

I used visual studio for the back end part of web applications with entity framework core and I always had a great time

Pros

This tool is rich in any type of functionality for the development of back-end applications and can be used both on Windows and on macOS in an excellent way

Cons

It often happens that you have to wait a long time before the software can be used after starting it and it is often frustrating

Maaz

Microsoft Visual Studio...

Reviewed on 2021/12/16

I love Microsoft Visual studio for its powerful engine, across the operating systems development capabilities, easy support and the quite affordable licensing fee.

Pros

Microsoft Visual Studio is a very convenient and powerful application development software. You can easily create or edit and test a software using it. You can develop applications for all major ooerating systems like Windows, Linux, Android, IOS, etc with it. It supports all basic and advanced programming languages like C, C++, Python, JavaScript, PHP, etc. MS Visual Studio hosts very useful code completion and a powerful auto-suggest feature aling with wide variety of extentions. It comes with plenty of pre-built useful starter projects so you get started without wasting time on setting up basics. It offers a free trial of the paid version along with a completely free version which is very useful for students and freelancers. The subscription price for the paid version is also quite affordable. Its vast and active online community makes getting support easy.

Cons

As far as I have used Microsoft Visual Studio, it has no big problems, except that Nuget packaes sometimes encounter problems. Also the system becomes quite dull and slow when running it, which is obvious due to its huge size.

Lakshita
  • Industry: Entertainment

Microsoft visual studio user review

Reviewed on 2022/12/15

Working on this project with Microsoft Visual Studio has been a great experience overall. I have been able to quickly learn the fundamentals of the program, which allowed me to quickly become more proficient in its use. I have been able to develop code faster and with more accuracy than I ever could with other development environments. The comprehensive debugging tools, the integrated source control and the ability to deploy projects quickly have all been great assets, allowing me to create projects in a timely and efficient manner.

Pros

Microsoft Visual Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) created by Microsoft to help developers create software applications. It provides a range of tools and features that make it easier for developers to create powerful applications quickly and efficiently. The features I like most about Visual Studio are the high-level debugging and refactoring capabilities, the IntelliSense feature that simplifies writing code, the integrated unit and integration testing tools, and the ability to integrate with Azure DevOps. The user-friendly graphical user interface makes it easy to use, allowing even novice developers to quickly understand how to use the software and become productive in a short time.

Cons

Microsoft Visual Studio Software is a powerful tool for developers, but it does have its drawbacks. One of the areas where I feel that it lacks is in providing an intuitive and user-friendly interface. Despite the extensive documentation and tutorials, it can be difficult to navigate the software and understand what tools are available and how to use them. Additionally, there can be a steep learning curve in getting used to the many features offered by the software.

Lenon
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Program practically alone!

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

In our organization the use of VS Code is essential, we have developed several codes and scripts, it has countless plugins that enable incredible use and unusual use of the tool!

Pros

We program in different languages with the software, plugins facilitate this. It is light, simple, intuitive and for our use it is a hand on the wheel, because we adapt easily, it is incredible!

Cons

We found nothing wrong with the software, it was easily adapted to our routine, and it works above expectations!

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Visual Studio

We exchanged the VS code for free, and it fits our demands for using GitHub better!

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Visual Studio

Because it is free and the whole team has adapted to its use and found it simpler and better to use compared to another tool!
Agaba
  • Industry: Media Production

Know More about Microsoft visual studio

Reviewed on 2022/05/04

Well I love Microsoft visual studio because I used to have problems in creating website's and programs but when when I found it,it solved every thing,it is fast when using it,very easy to use,it is free to use,it alerts you in case of an error occurred and you clear it though it sometimes requires you to restart the computer,it is very good and easy in managing codes though I hate that easy advantage of it because you find someone who never used and have no idea on it can use it and that brings limited jobs to us people it that industry of software and programing but otherwise I greatly recommend it to any one to use it,am sure you will love it.
Thanks

Pros

I liked its many features it has,the languages it provides in over 30 plus languages.
It does not require much learn so its easy to use.
Its free to use and it does many works for example: creating and managing codes
It has many platform's in it

Cons

I hate it in debugging,sometimes it Struck's and requires you to restart the computer

Ryan
Ryan
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

First Rate IDE

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

The biggest benefit I get from Visual Studio is the ease of getting a new project up and running. This is a flagship project for Microsoft and it's apparent because they continually find ways to make it more useful which translates to quicker, more efficient code and project delivery. I would be crippled in my day to day responsibilities without it.

Pros

I've used various flavors of Eclipse and IntelliJ on Java projects but I look forward to working in .NET because in my opinion, Visual Studio is a superior IDE. There are so many great features that it's impossible to enumerate them all but some of them I like most are:
1- Projects can be cleanly contained within solutions (a feature Java IDEs don't support)
2- Cleanly integrates with NuGet for package management (doesn't require wacky XML updates like Maven)
3- Has the best code completion and auto-suggest of all IDEs
4- Comes pre-built with so many useful starter projects so it's easy to hit the ground running without a lot of setup
5- It offers a myriad of extensions
6- Its easily the best IDE for writing against CLI languages but is also an excellent environment for writing in Python and other scripting languages
7- It cleanly supports various source control solutions (TFS, Git etc.)
8- It does a really great job of providing a one stop shop for managing cloud and database assets right in the IDE
9- Provides excellent support and design time feedback for unit testing
10- Provides excellent collaboration capabilities

I could go on and on. I love Visual Studio.

Cons

There's really not much to dislike about Visual Studio. It has so many features that it can be overwhelming knowing where everything is and how to make the best use of them. But unlike many other IDEs, I feel like Visual Studio is the most intuitive from that perspective too.

Francisco
Francisco

Couldn't have done it without you, VS

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

I do everything from coding, merging, publishing, you name it. As I stated before, I absolutely could not do my job properly without it; it could stand to improve performance-wise, but the benefits outweigh these problems by a mile.

Pros

By far the best feature in Visual Studio is IntelliSense; writing code becomes a breeze when you can just tab your way through entire lines, making use of the autocomplete, the smart naming of variables and methods. Having learned .NET as my first programming language, Visual Studio was there with me all the way, holding my hand, making things easier for me.
When dealing with a myriad of configuration files, Visual makes it easy by assisting you with modifying these, even providing UIs for beginners and non-programmers.
Luckily, there's also many extensions available which help overcome some its limitations, a testament to the fidelity of its users, who instead of switching to other IDEs decide to improve upon it.
Interactive design windows really help with page building and desktop apps.
Last but not least, dbml designers are a life saver when dealing with databases, seamless integration with tables, stored procedures and more.

Cons

Visual Studio is a heavy application; it really takes a toll on RAM memory and CPU, which makes it impossible to have two instances open at the same time (something very common for me at least). I end up having one in Visual Studio and another on VS Code. Takes quite a while to boot up also.
When building a big solution, it eats up all my resources and essentially blocks my PC until it finishes.
When publishing databases and errors occur, the logs are really poor and make it hard to find the problems.

Vincent
Vincent

A big chunk of Application for Python Testing

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

I found it an excellent tool and shows where the pared down VS Code gets its functionality from. It can do a lot if you have the laptop/PC with a fairly modern specification. For the work that I do in Python, it is on a par with PyCharm but has the ability to do a lot more than just work with Python. Most of my work with python is personal now that I have switched company but there will be scope here to help others out.

My next challenge is to see how I can make use of this tool with Go.

Pros

I reinstalled this tool on my laptop to ensure the full process for any new user was understood. I wanted to see what VS community was like, compared to VS Code for Python coding that has been used for some time.
The install whilst downloading is a great feature if you want to get on with life. As for me choosing the various Python related features means a chunky 8GB+ install file and if it can install parts whilst it downloads others then that is a great use of my time.

Actually, I am writing this review whilst the install happens. No lag or stutter from this little laptop. Connecting to my github repositories was very simple for cloning. the next thing that any new user would be interested in is the available documentation. How to Install & Setup, Welcome to the IDE, Whats New and a Training section. That's everything you need.

It is very switched on with dependencies, like VS Code offers solutions and can handle a vast amount of tasks.
The functionality for the test script writing I was doing was excellent. could ask for no more.

Cons

The need for an MS Account I expect has a benefit but I do not see how. Anyone going to use this should make sure that they have a fairly modern PC. As like most Microsoft products they are aimed at utilising the potential from modern devices

Mohammed
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

The best IDE on the planet!

Reviewed on 2020/04/01

Absolutely fantastic experience ever since I started using Visual Studio. It has been a tool that I have relied upon to create projects such as websites, desktop applications, APIs as well as mobile applications. The latest iteration has the biggest range of features and premade project templates so far. All in all, highly recommended!

Pros

-The vast amount of features and facilities is really amazing. Visual Studio lets us build all types of apps and software, right from APIs to even embedded software. The amount of pre-created templates really does help as it creates a lot of the boilerplate code needed for applications and systems.

-The dark mode theme is brilliant!

-It doesn't take too much configuration to get it running, as long as the necessary software packages and libraries have been installed

-Visual Studio is available both for Mac and Windows

-It integrates really well with other applications both Microsoft and non-Microsoft. There are thousands of plugins available within the Visual Studio marketplace and you are sure to find anything that works with all types of systems. Developers are always creating new plugins and extensions and if there are any issues, it is easy to contact them to improve their plugins.

Cons

-Due to its powerful nature, Visual Studio is quite resource-heavy and does take a toll on power and laptop battery performance (unless of course you have a really powerful machine). It does use up a lot of RAM and hardware resources.

-Another thing is that due to its complex nature, there are many features that may take time to learn and understand. There are just so many features that it can be fairly awkward to navigate and use at times.

-Sometimes, Visual Studio does get glitchy and it is definitely common to see weird behavior at the most random of times.

Zandrich
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Integrated Development Environment - Done Right

Reviewed on 2021/08/19

I was introduced to the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE in late 2013, and found myself immediately impressed by the automated markup - something I had never encountered before then, save for Borland products (at the time limited to Delphi). What made the interface all the more attractive, was the option of selecting a "theme", or background colour - although this may seem trivial, any developer who spent thousands of hours typing code in black text on a sharp white background at three in the morning will tell you how significant the switch to a darker theme is in terms of eye strain.

I was also delighted to learn that Microsoft Visual Studio offered support for most mainstream languages, with partial third-party support for some of the more obscure ones. Support this broad is unprecedented in a single environment.

Pros

Microsoft Visual Studio offers automated, visually-intuitive code markup, all the tools for development and debugging one could ever need, a comprehensive library of extensions and code bases, as well as support for most languages used in the industry - everything Microsoft Visual Studio provides is unprecedented in the field, and has changed the way we develop - indefinitely.

Cons

Although Microsoft Visual Studio offers a "Community Edition" that is free of charge, the commercial/enterprise licenses are quite expensive compared to inexpensive or even free IDEs available. As these alternative IDEs become more complex and offer more modern interfaces over time, Microsoft Visual Studio will have to lower it's price to accommodate small, adaptive teams of developers who lack the capital to invest in the full IDE package.

Vikram
Vikram
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Fully feature loaded application for the develpoment

Reviewed on 2022/03/05

Visual Basic is a fantastic and professional programming language.
It comes with a slew of features...

Visual Basic is a fantastic and professional programming language.
It comes with a slew of features that make coding a breeze.
Because this software has certain advanced capabilities, I believe we need have some programming language expertise before utilising it.
If a newcomer begins coding using Visual Basic, he may believe that coding is really tough.
As a result, I only advocate utilising Visual Basic if you have prior coding experience.
Microsoft, on the other hand, provides a free version of this programme for students.
This is a great chance for us to hone our talents using this programme.
This is the best software for you if you are a programmer looking for software for your industry.

Pros

VS connects with the Microsoft Stack exceptionally nicely and swiftly.
It works wonderfully for automating the flow and manipulation of data between internal and external sources, which I do largely with SSIS.
Connecting to data sources is a breeze, as is adding additional DLLs (in my case, I use WinSCP with SFTP) and creating a process.
My solutions' integrated development environment (IDE) has built-in drag-and-drop functions that perform typical actions, so you don't have to manually write everything.
This allows for speedy creation and excellent reusability.
Visual Studio is a tad clumsy, but it provides a lot of functionality.
It's easy to set up and use, and it comes with its own set of tools for things like website construction.

Cons

When installing Visual Studio, you must first determine which extensions and plugins you require.
You can install a lot of things using Visual Studio, but you must know what you're looking for and how to utilise it. Visual Studio, in comparison to lesser weight IDEs, takes a time to load at first due of its completeness and all it contains in. It also takes a long time to install and consumes a lot of disc space.
This isn't a light item. Depending on what you're doing, it may take some time to process.
It receives regular updates, but I don't think the little version changes are necessary, and I'm not sure what additional bug fixes or features they generally give. It's all right.

Taddes
Taddes

The best most customizable development environment!

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

My favorite development environment

My favorite development environment

Pros

VS code is the gold standard of IDEs and development environments. Aside from being a terrific text editor with features and third-party libraries like syntax highlighting, there is a big community of developers who offer modifications to make your workflow easy. It has in-build GitHub source control, ease of changing from one language interpreter to another, numerous linters and debuggers, fully functional terminal and endless plugins like live servers, deployment pipelines, etc.

VS code can basically do anything and furthermore be customized to do even more. It allows you to write code efficiently, effectively and reliably and synchronize with all your other development tools.

Cons

Very little, though configurations for cross-language features like indentation from one language to another can seem unintuitive. There are occasional times updates and features can be dropped from one update to another, but the features are frequently addressed and bugs quickly resolved.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Visual Studio

More flexibility and features
  • Industry: Higher Education

I use Visual Studio to teach programming to beginners

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

I have been using Visual Studio for close to 10 years. It is the best IDE for working with Microsoft languages. It is also very robust and beyond educational environment, I have also used it in a professional setting as a software engineer. In my opinion this program is well suited for both use cases (education and workplace).

While there are some significant issues with the Mac version, overall just making the IDE cross-platform is a wonderful improvement because it allows my mac students to use it outside lab sessions.

Overall I am happy with this product and will continue using it in the future.

Pros

I am currently using VS 2019 as an instructional tool at a university to teach programming to beginners. These are the pros:

* Cross platform versions for PC and Mac users

* Many compiled languages to choose from (I use C#); I feel compiled language is easier to learn because of the immediate feedback that you see in the UI

* Having many features within one IDE is good for beginners as students can gradually move from console apps to more advanced programs as they acquire more skills, but without having to learn a new IDE

Cons

During instructional lab sessions I have encountered a few issues, primarily with the Mac version of Visual Studio, and the following are the most significant cons so far:

* From a beginner perspective the installation process can be challenging because there are many options to choose from (some of the students worked through these independently through trial and error).

* The Mac version of VS2019 does not have live wrap -- this is a very basic feature and should be added

* For some console solutions when opened from a zip file and executed on a Mac, VS executes the code by default in a custom command line window (not in mac terminal). User cannot type in this window which prevents console input. To resolve this issue students created a new solution and copy pasted the code into the new solution.

Anjali
Anjali

I have been working with VS from past 8years and i enjoy playing with this software&its...

Reviewed on 2018/05/25

Pros

I have used this software from version VS 2010 to up to date VS2017. Its very handy to work with. It offers a lot of features and functionalities that are really easy to understand. It offers a lot of integrations whether it is Resharper or any coverage tool or your website azure deployment.
For me learning azure deployment was way too easy as it is just a matter of 2-3steps alone.
There are easy steps to find some matching texts that too can be filtered with the type of file you want to search in. The solution explorer offers simple shortcuts to rename a file or just move a file from one location to another.
The find and replace functionality that too can be customized whether you want to match case or not.
The software's integration with Nunit code coverage helped me a lot in gaining confidence in the quality of my tests as while coding I can see the coverage of the lines. The tortoise git integration is something that is really helpful. You can easily see your commit history and differences. I personally like this software very much. Try it.
It has a lot to discover.

Cons

The only problem that I see is the heaviness of the software as sometimes it hangs my system and you need to have at least 16gb ram to work greatly with this software. VS2017 is the latest I have worked on and although it has great features but it is a very heavy software and with heavy extensions it become slow.

Surender

Best development tool for implementing web, desktop and mobile applications

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

I highly recommend Microsoft Visual studio to everyone who wants to develop application for web desktop and mobiles plateform.

My overall experience is superb with this and highly satisfying the company needs.

It can be used in large and small scales enterprises.

Pros

Here is a list of reasons why we adopt Microsoft Visual Studio for development:

1. It supports more than 60 programming languages.

2. Team foundation server feature is awesome where we can deploy our changes on server very easily and can rollback the same with ease.

3. Dock able features of script tabs and windows make it easy to handle various windows at same time.

4. It provides script bundling and it is just easy process.

5. Visual Studio provide inbuilt sample code templates and by using them we can same development time up to large extent.

6. We can integarte third party tools with ease.

7. Intelligence window is one prominent feature.

8. Intermediate language debugging is very good feature.

9. We can edit images or icons with inbulit editor and no need to go for other third party editing tools.

10. Last not the least is that its a quality unit testing features.

Cons

I never noticed any cons till now but below are some suggestions if Microsoft can add:

1. Team foundation branching is quite complex.

2. Software is quite taking high CPU memory and takes 3-5 minutes during initial loading and its too bulky and taking near about 3 GB space in c drive.

3. Licence fee is quite high because its a brand product but it is okay if we are dealing with quality software which is highly reliable in current competetion.

Sean

Visual studio is a good tool for writing/running .Net applications.

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

Visual studio allows for the writing/running/debugging of .NET applications. It provides an easy way to add external libraries via Nuget. It also makes it easy to maintain multiple versions (x86 and x32) of your application as well as allowing custom profiles to be created for your application's output(i.e. Release vs Debug).

Pros

Visual Studio is a nicely customizable IDE that allows users to make their workspace look like they want it do. I particularly like that the layout/visibility of all of the tools can be automatically switched between when your app is running vs when it isn't. I also really like that you can change and customize the IDE's theme. I use the Dark theme and then customized the colors a little bit to be more appealing.

Cons

Visual studio seems to struggle with large applications. We have an application that has over 20 different projects in the solution and it appears to struggle with rebuilding all of the projects in the correct order(due to dependencies) sometimes. Also, we have a recurring issue where a dependency that we used to have (a specific version of SQLite) keeps coming back even though we have repeatedly attempted to remove it from all projects. On top of that, VS sometimes locks up and eventually crashes once every few weeks (I use it 5 days a week, so really this doesn't happen frequently). The crash might have something to do with starting and stopping the solution 10-20 times a day.