Salestools.io Reviews

Salestools.io

#1 Customer Acquisition Platform

2.6/5 (24 reviews)
Priscilla K.

Great for leadgen and outreach!

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

We increased the productivity in our marketing and lead gen team significantly with their automation. We recommend to take an onboarding session to improve your experience.

Pros

I love the new automation, the auto prospector cut our time spent on prospecting down by 2 hours a day, That is 2 hours better spent on social, phone calls and answering emails!

Cons

I would say that they dont have a dialer, but it is working with our desktop dialer so not a must! Overall happy

Nancy F.

Full outbound sales automation, 100% automated!

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Automated leadgen and outreach in one unified platform. Their support helps me get the newest templates and improve emailing. They made sure i am GDPR ready!

Pros

I love the depth of the data, i can find basically anyone without having to use Linkedin and be stucked there. I can set up my ideal customer profile, the personas and fully automate the outreach with the Auto Prospector that Salestools has pinoneered.

Cons

I wish i could have more direct phone numbers, but i have seen this has been improving during the time i used them on a daily basis, so i have confidence this will increase!

Michael V.

Terrible customer service and impossible to close your account.

Reviewed on 2017/06/29

Pros

The best Pro would be to save your money and time by avoiding this service, its much better spent elsewhere.

Cons

Where do I even start Now I'm not one to usually leave reviews online, however the service was so bad in this case it could not be left untold for potential clients.

Even from the start setting up our accounts was not easy, it had to be done manually by their support team which took a couple of weeks to get to the bottom of. They constantly push out updates and UI re designs which make using the platform very confusing as its always changing and you constantly have to learn how to use it again. Not only this but you have to keep deleting and reinstalling their plugins when they do updates as the old ones no longer work!

Then when we finally decided this was no longer for us after trying to work with it for a good 8 months, trying to leave as a paying user is almost impossible. First of all they have put in their terms and conditions that cancellation takes 31 days, meaning you have to pay for the next 2 months in reality. They do have an admin interface where you can remove users from your team, but this appears to do nothing at all, as you still get billed for the removed users. Even when we asked for our accounts to be completely cancelled there was no response and months on, we are still being billed. We have now been trying to leave for 3 months. They don't deal with any support over the phone so everything has to be emailed or done through their live chat.

I would never use their service again or recommend it to anyone.

AVOID AVOID AVOID!!! EVERYTHING IS TRUE! This company is a scam

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

An ulcer and lower credit score

Pros

It was cheap and looked like it was used by major companies. However, it's a bait and switch scam.

Cons

I received an email to try this product through another review site. The cost was significantly low and I really wanted it to work. I scheduled a demo and signed up for the trial. However, once trying the software, I found it was not well designed and the data was terrible. It had very few names that I could find and the emails were even worse. The phone numbers were just general office numbers you could easily find online. My credit card was billed for the trial and when I tried to cancel the trial and get a refund, they sent me a fake image and said that I should have selected the trial version. In fact, this is a total scam. The company is in Bucarest Romania and the U.S. address is a false address through earth class mail. They use Stripe for billing and will send you Late & Dispute fee in addition to billing you for two months of service. They claim you accepted the TOS. I wrote to them and disputed the TOS but they didn't acknowledge that and continued to bill me. They created their own service to automate the dispute process so you can't go after that either. The entire thing is a very elaborate sham but a couple of very smart individuals in a country where you have to protect your rearview mirror from being stolen. I don't blame them for wanting to screw dumb Americans out of their money but be aware that what this is.

Claire H.

Sales Tools for Lead Generation

Reviewed on 2016/12/09

The people at Sales Tools continue to do an outstanding job delivering a tool that enables companies to effectively use Linkedin to capture new leads. Best new feature now prevents duplicate lead coming from Linkedin. Great job!

Pros

Ease of use, efficiency and value of leads pulled

Amazing Product and Customer Care

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Pros

I rely on the Auto Prospector to build our pipeline at Churnback.com, it frees up our time and our lead-gen engine has been nothing without the quality and predictability of the Auto Prospector by Salestools.

Cons

Wish i could access Linkedin, but that is a violation of their Terms and conditions, but Salestools has such a large dataset that is is perfectly fine!

Deanna fae V.

The best lead generating tool in the market!

Reviewed on 2016/07/15

Me and my team are having an amazing time using Salestools! It boosts our business with it's one of a kind lead generating technology.
We have ditched the old marketing style that we use to have and switched to Salestools! It's super easy and convenient to use. Paul from customer support has helped me with some technical errors that we had, and he answers right away!

Pros

User-friendly
Convenient
ROI is fast :)

Cons

So far, I don't see any cons about this product.

Response from Salestools.io

Thank you Deanna for your very positive feedback. Our customer sucess is always happy to help our users hitting their quota and going beyond success! Keep on going!

Tony W.

Perfect Prospecting

Reviewed on 2016/05/19

Been using it for a year now, previous to which I had two different prospecting tools, one was priced for large corporates, one took more time to get right than it saved, I stopped looking when I started using Salesforce. The platform has improved through continuous development to the point where it covers almost everything that I want it to, with the remainder in development ' there are a few formatting issues on the companies side, but to be clear these aren't show stoppers, just creases that need to be ironed. Not all the features are relevant to me, Salesforce & MS Dynamics integration for example, but clearly these features are valuable to others, which is only a plus point. One very important aspect is that Customer Support is very responsive and helpful, a feature that isn't always present with software platforms.

Response from Salestools.io

Thanks Tony! Always a pleisure to work with great customers like you.

Yasir M.

Totally Waste of Money - A Really Shady Pricing You need to Aware

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

not much

Pros

Very basic tool. Can filter out some companies information and some industry. However there is lot of room of improvement

Cons

On Pricing Page, they mention one-month price. But on the termination terms, they listed that you have to notify them 31 days, means you need to use software for at least 2 months. A really shady practice to charge the customer an extra month - just because their software so bad and they know that no one will use it in the second month, so charge the customer for 2 months. They charged me one extra month for no reason. Simply pathetic!

Second, there are no options to sort out your search results, no option for fine tune out results.

Third I filtered out 750 emails out of which when I verified only 98 were verified email address. They just make up email addresses out of combining full company name and person name.

Don't invest in this tool at all. You will just throw away your money. Horrible experience!

Cris M.

Solid email curation and outreach tool

Reviewed on 2016/05/18

I've tried at least a dozen outbound prospecting tools, and most of them are horrible. Most see very inconsistent uptime, and require users to frequently refresh, sign in/out, or just try again tomorrow.

SalesTools by comparison has been reliable for us. They're also a lot faster at verifying emails than its email discovery analogues. It doesn't take longer than a few minutes to train sales people on using it either. They've a solid SFDC integration, and their support team returned all of our emails so far (which I can't say for every sales development saas app...) SalesTools is one of the rare sales development solutions on the market that works as intended.

Response from Salestools.io

Thanks Cris! Very good review and always happy to offer our solution to great customers!

Poor data poor customer service

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

I like the concept of salestools.io, the platform seems easy enough. The sales team is knowledgeable and strives to be helpful.

Cons

The execution is poor. Data is. often old or just plain inaccurate. When asking about this I'm told of the 8-week scrubbing process which is not valid for either those who left a company YEARS ago or an email extension that Is not used by the company. The response from
Customer service is that I'm picking small examples out of millions of pieces of data.
Corporate office addresses and main phone numbers are being used for contact. In the age of gatekeepers, one is. Better off using LinkedIn and calling than using this service.
Total waste of my money and no refund Is available even though I've asked to cancel.
Also, the SOP seems to blame the customer rather than be accountable.

Fraudulent Enterprise

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Worst I've ever dealt with. Avoid at all costs.

Pros

Nothing. it's a scam built on top of buggy, mediocre software as far as we could tell. We reviewed many solutions. This one was the worst.

Cons

Plan and simple this company is a fraud. The software is buggy and mediocre-- there are so many good CRMs and lead generation systems out there. Our company reviewed about 15 solutions. Salestools.io stands out as the worst by far. Also don't sign up for the trial. Once they get your credit card they will keep charging you and refuse to stop or reverse the charges. Our company had a to have our credit card company intervene and even then Salestools.io threatened us with debt collects (despite the fact that we have emails and responses from their team acknowledging the cancellation).

Bad Software, bad results

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Poor experience, poor value, poor support.

Pros

I had high hopes that it would allow us to build out a good database of contacts. So no real positives for SalesToolsIO....but it did cause us to look for similar tools that ultimately worked.

Cons

Slow.

Bad support.

Poor email results.

1.0/10
Heath G.

Frauds - avoid! this is vapour-ware!

Reviewed on 2018/01/04

Pros

Cons

These guys sent a email an email on 24-December 2017 (Christmas eve) apparently giving 'freemium account' holders 7 days notice that freemium accounts will now have 7 days until switched to the paid account and debited all freemium account holders accounts, clearly knowing that no one will get to their emails to either see it, open it before the 7 days (New Years Eve), let along acknowledge nor accept, and consequently debited freemium accounts linked credit cards. When I complained, they stated that as they 'have given 7 days notice' (ignoring the fact there was no positive acceptance or acknowledgement was received), that they alleged they are within their rights. I requested my complaint be escalated to their internal complaint department. At the time of writing, Client Service have not responded to my emails now, although they accept that by account holder who hasnt replied or acknowledged emails is acceptance of their new terms. Unbelievable. This should give insights into how good their product is if they have to resort to underhand tactics to get paying customers. Avoid at all costs.

C H.

We use Salestools.io for Lead Generation every single day.

Reviewed on 2016/05/24

Salestool.io has been a part of our Go-To-Market strategy for about 13 months. It is fast and accurate in helping us identify and pull down new leads. Unlike anything we've found out there - this tool has become our primary method of identifying new cold-call prospects and tracking results.

Response from Salestools.io

Great Review!

I am proud to count Blue Ocean Brain as a happy customer.

Keep in touch!

Scott S.

Most search functions did not work correctly

Reviewed on 2017/07/07

Pros

decent customer service and attention to support requests - we had at least 5 tech support calls with them in the first month.

Cons

Hiddien minimum 2 month service required.
- site was hard to view in chrome text was white in light grey background.
- most search functions did not operate correctly
- most email addresses were "best guess" we had MANY bounce backs for inaccurate addresses.

For me it was a scam!

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

nothing

Pros

I did not find as I could not even make one campaign. It seems like there is only one person behind the company and they are not well stablished.

Cons

It is a SCAM they charge your credit card for no use. Please be carefull to use the tool. I have tried it on may 2018 and its a scam so be careful

0.0/10

High class lead generation software

Reviewed on 2016/04/21

I have used salestools.io to fill my salesforce CRM with suepr accurate data about my targeted audience.

Works well and find up to 75% verified email addresses.

Good Customer service as well that reply in a minute.

Pros

Good Customer Service

Hight data accuracy

Premium solution

Social media integration

Cons

Would like to have more social media integration such as Viadeo for the french market

Response from Salestools.io

Thanks for the review! Viadeo is integrated :)

Paul P.

Untrustworthy Business Practices

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

Pros

Email search works occasionally. However, their business practices are terrible and they cannot be trusted.

Cons

Salestools is a scam. They overcharged us 16X and when I asked them to
correct the error, they threatened to charge me an additional 30%.

Read their T&C very carefully.

Dustin T.

Terrible experience. We cancelled and they are still billing us and ignoring emails.

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

Pros

The software is buggy but works ok and is pretty affordable. Has potential and could work if you're a small company.

Cons

Buggy searches, horrible customer support and they are still charging us even though we cancelled months ago. I've tried live chat, email, phone, booking a demo and everything just gets ignored by them. Stay away.

Yannis P.

Terrible customer service if not scam

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

Pros

Nothing I can think of. Literally this platform is a pure scam

Cons

I created an account three months ago. I tried the tool for a few hours and I just happy so I decided to cancel. I spoke to their chat and asked to cancel. They acknowledged. They kept charging my account for 3 months! I emailed their billing team and got in touch with the rudest person I ve ever come across.

Not only the charge me after I cancelled but they charge just random amounts well over the agreed (but cancelled) monthly amount. Its just fraud.

Looks like its fraud

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Pros

If they have better support then things could be better.

Cons

The worst support ever! Charged my card, rude.

Misa C.

This is a SCAM stay away!

Reviewed on 2017/08/11

none

Cons

The marketing on the software was good, but very misleading. Like other users said, they say that it does one thing, when it barely works once you sign up.
-site barely works, a lot of bugs
-they get you for a 2 month contract, a
-customer service is terrible, they do not refund you, even if the product is not as described

Nitin G.