SimilarWeb PRO Reviews

SimilarWeb PRO

Website & app traffic data analysis

4.4/5 (41 reviews)
Francis carolina L.

One of the best tools for digital marketing

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

With Similarweb I have been able to analyze and segment my audience and that way I have been able to generate digital content on my blog that is more attractive to them. It has allowed me to improve engagement with my readers. In addition to saving time to generate the most appropriate and specialized content.

Pros

Initially I found similar web searching for a tool that would allow me to visualize insights and segment my audience. But then I realized how powerful it is. With Similarweb you not only get analytics from your website, but you can observe the behavior of the target you have defined and their interaction with websites of your competition, which I can describe as a revealing experience for your business. The data provided by Similarweb, show you two scenarios, the first one, helps you to become aware of what is your position with respect to the industry or niche that you are dedicated to and the second scenario, the panorama of your competition. With all these data you can make analyzes and make decisions focused on attracting more customers and improving your products and services.

Cons

Some of the most interesting and attractive features that characterize Similarweb are available only in the premium version. However, in the free version there are also very useful functions.

One of the most accurate tools for measuring site traffic

Reviewed on 2018/03/30
Review Source

Pros

When it comes to estimating site traffic of your competitors, it's so difficult to find a halfway decent tool that will give you something accurate.

I've consistently worked with clients and my own company and checked the actual analytics data besides their estimated traffic.

I don't know how they do it, but it's extremely helpful in getting a better perspective on the competition.

Cons

At some point it would be fantastic to get a social media analysis section and see what is happening on competitors Social Media.

Abhishek A.

Must have Competitive analysis

Reviewed on 2018/06/19
Review Source

Pros

- Competitive analysis is really helpful
- Chrome extension is helpful to understand the basic nature and traffic of the website
- The information is structured in a very easy to understand manner

Cons

- The data is not as correct as GA
- The data for website only with good traffic are shown, new websites are not shown at all

Andrey F.

Great platform for comprehensive analysis of any website or app!

Reviewed on 2018/01/30

Lots of useful data for competitors analysis which SEMrush doesn't have!

Pros

My favorite feature is that I can see the exact traffic sources that generate traffic to any website. Marketing mix reports are great for export. App analysis feature is awesome, you can see lots of useful data. Google Play keywords analysis is also very comprehensive.

Cons

I don't like when you sort the results by some columns there's no data and they ask you to upgrade. Also the data range is 12 months only and splitting data by countries is locked as you need to upgrade to a more expensive plan. There are also some freezes in Firefox when using the website.

Dan W.

Great product for salespeople!

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

Great insights into the target accounts web traffic/advertising data

Cons

Nothing at the moment. Does all i expect it to.

Kinga O.

Must-have if you want to achieve success

Reviewed on 2019/02/17
Review Source

Pros

SimilarWeb PRO delivers a lot of useful data you can use to analyse your competitors' performance or even verify some site you would use for promotion. SimilarWeb PRO helped us save money - otherwise we could have burnt it on campaigns which are far away from being effective.

Cons

Pricing, pricing, pricing. However, take it as an investment (as it unlocks a lot of data for you) or try the free, limited version.

Great help for Prospecting

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

I used this tool at my positions at SaaS companies to see the potential traffic that a website receives as well as the referral traffic sources and geography of a sites user base. This tool has been invaluable to me with prospecting new business!

Cons

The only downfall is that some of the numbers posted by SimilarWeb are wildly inaccurate if you ask the website to verify with their own sources. This can then make forecasting for certain sites difficult

Haik P.

Find the Worthy Websites

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Pros

SimilarWeb is one of my personal beloved tools to work with, especially the extension. The tool allows you to find out everything you need - starting from the website estimated traffic and ending with the in-depth review of the sources they are getting their traffic from.

The keyword research is also important to note, as it is very useful for out-competing the market.

Cons

The issue I have noticed is that the small websites do not get the traffic analysis due to the low amount of traffic, and some websites are not registered in the system so you do not get enough information about them.

Catherine F.

Very useful

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

I use it a lot for prospecting and finding new sites to work with. I've found it very useful.

Pros

Similar Web comes in handy when I need to know the traffic of specific websites that we want to partner with. i also use the Similar site section to find similar websites for me to use for prospecting.

Cons

Overall I haven't had any issues with it. It's easy to use.

Ale R.

Great tool for Website Analysis

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/14

We use it for Competitive analysis on how much traffic and how is generate on other website

Pros

SimilarWeb Pro is really nice grow hack tool for measuring the site traffic, you can view the traffic sources that generate traffic to any website.

What i like?
- Easy to use
- Competitive analysis
- Accurate data
- traffic sources
- SEO and PPC Keywords
- Popular Pages

Cons

The Pricing, is really expensive.

Have a bug on the registration if you use a geo domain cannot register (.com.ar) that is really anoying

6.0/10
Victor I.

Most effective service

Reviewed on 2018/03/17
Review Source

Pros

SimilarWeb is the most effective service to get an overview of the sites traffic, performance, links and other similar data. Very easy-to-use.

Cons

Some minor data, like Referrals isn't very accurate, but that's not always the case. Everything else isn't an issue.

Dianne M.

Similar Sites lets me target businesses who should know about my software

Reviewed on 2017/11/30

Similar Sites makes my life a lot easier and saves me so much time. I know I would miss opportunities if I wasn't using this too.

Pros

I like the fact that I can go to a typical customer's website and use Similar Sites to show me a list of companies that fit the same profile.

Tomas K.

Powerful online marketing intelligence tool

Reviewed on 2018/09/15
Review Source

Pros

SimilarWeb is my go-to tool for evaluating industry and competitors. It provides fantastic insights regarding traffic sources and website affiliations.

Cons

Pro version is too expensive for small companies or freelancers, although you can always negotiate a cheaper price.

SimilarWeb Review

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Overall, we use SimilarWeb to try and gain a sense of what other partner sites do in terms of qualified traffic that can be sent our way for sales.

Pros

Different levels of reporting for a number of 3rd party sites that we aim to partner with. The free version was solid enough to upgrade to Pro. Love the different channel reporting they offer!

Cons

Some of the metrics included do not seem too accurate, but they are good enough to provide a ballpark range.

Sophie A.

Great tool to have as a web designer!

Reviewed on 2017/07/12

This software helps me present potential web design clients with traffic data about their current websites. I can then tell let them know exactly how a new web design can convert their traffic into subscribers or potentials buyers.

Pros

I was looking for a tool that would help me estimate how much traffic the websites of potential clients were getting. Similar Web Pro gives me access to that data and more. I can then use this data when I'm writing pitches to people who need their websites updated.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. Perhaps there could be a way to print out the website results instead of having to do a screenshot?

Easy for beginners and experienced users alike!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/10/20

Overall I'd still recommend this product and prefer this over other tools in the market. It is great for beginners too with it's easy-to-use UI

Pros

It has a very easy to use and user friendly UI when compared to it's competitors
The free version was a good gateway to sway me to get a pro version and it wasn't disappointing.

Cons

Not as much data as provided by other analysis tool when it comes to SEO

Jin kyong L.

Useful, but expensive

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Pros

I find the traffic numbers are quite off from the actual numbers (when compared to Google Analytics of my own sites), however, the pattern (upwards or downwards trend) seems to be pretty accurate.

Cons

The most near-sighted you can go is the last 28 days. No last 7 days, or yesterday. This makes it difficult to pinpoint the most trending content.

6.0/10
Brian M.

expensive tool but priceless insights

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I like the platform, for something with so much data its quite easy to learn and navigate,
their customer success team is very good

Pros

the sheer quantity of data available and the overall accuracy of link sources and traffic sources

Cons

have to pay more for country-level traffic, gloabal is default.

its rather expensive.

Ruth C.

Delivers important information instantly and with ease

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

I love that I just click on it and it gives me a lot of information about the website I'm on (about traffic etc) so I can quickly see what kind of a website it is.

Cons

It doesn't provide information about all sites - I think there has to be at least 1k traffic a month

Must Have Sevice

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/04/01
Review Source

Pros

Easily allows deep insight into the websites and the internet.

Cons

Gives information on stuff you might not want to know about.

great tool on the market

Reviewed on 2018/12/13
Review Source

Pros

On of the great tools on the market that can help your business to track the marketing stats out there.

Cons

It's a basic information and not that accurate, if you also use other metrics. But free version works great for us.

Jimmy H.

It's a nice app with mediocre data quality.

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

It was helpful for assessing the size of different revenue opportunities.

Pros

The UI and design is very clean and easy to use. Most of the things you'd want to use it for are immediately obvious.

Cons

The data, particularly in terms of page view and session volume, is usually not even directionally accurate.

William G.

Untrustworthy Information

Reviewed on 2017/09/11

The few benefits included a great way of easily seeing how your website traffic compares to competitors

Pros

The feature of being able to see a competitors traffic and where you are listed per country.
This info when first seen is easy to follow and understand

Cons

The reliability of their statistics has to be severely questioned, its even worse than Alexas efforts.
Google states a set amount of traffic, Statcounter gave the same figures where as similarweb gave a totally different number and way out of proportion to the two above mentioned stat related websites.

0.0/10
Hanım Ö.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2016/11/18

Matthieu B.

Great tool to keep an eye on the competition

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/03/11

Pros

They fetch information on a large range of different metrics and it gives a good understanding of what's going on their website

Cons

It might lack information on some websites with less traffic, the SEO part could also be more in depth.