Ganttic

Resource scheduling and management. Multi-project planning.

Amazing product

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

We have grown to a size where we have to manage resource allocation across a large number of projects which is really easy with Ganticc thanks to the variety of views and the ability to schedule per project or seeing what’s going on elsewhere

Pros

It was really easy to set up - quick to get going and good help available where needed. I loved the regular emails with tips on how to get the best out of it. I like the various views and the ability to create unlimited guest accounts giving visibility to people across the business

Cons

It can sometimes be a bit clunky to update certain parameters but nothing that can’t be dealt with

Response from Ganttic

Hi!

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Feel free to turn to us in the future at anytime shall additional questions emerge.

Karl

Giuseppe M.

A few thing missing, otherwise great tool

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We are a team of 3PM and 4Head of function using Ganttic every day to coordinate a team of 40 professionals working on about 20 projects. The software allows us to forecast resource usage on a 3 to 6 months time span.

While the information it provides is valuable, Ganttic still lacks some automation and better reporting tools. It also could use some usability tricks to make data entry faster.

For example:

- it is not possible to group one or more tasks of one of more resources and move the group forward or back in the calendar. Moving resources one by one is time-consuming.

- if you span a resource task on more than one week the software considers weekend as working time. At the very least it could ask if you want to consider the weekend as working time or not, Or the software could provide a general setting to avoid tasks being spanned over weekends.
Going around this problem is time-consuming.

- the software does not consider 9-18 (with one our break) workdays. This way, when creating a task that lasts one day, you'll have to manually pick 09.00 as starting time, 18 at closing time and then you have to tweak the effort percentage to show 8 hours of work.
You'll understand this is time-consuming too.

- The software shows resource overlaps but has not a general setting that allows the user to choice whether time overlaps are actually a good thing or a bad thing. In the second case, a warning could be thrown allowing different projects manager to solve the overlap. This would save time.

- Reports have improved but are still quite difficult to read and tweak.

- Ganttic lacks a form to allow users to declare how much time they spent on planned tasks, thus automating effort calculation and allowing for better/faster reporting of planned time against effective time.

There may be other issues I am not aware of at the moment.
Despite that, we still find the software useful and correctly priced.

Pros

It allows visualizing multiple projects and the interplay of resources on those multiple projects. It is useful up to 6 months of forecast, with some tweaks it could go further.

Cons

Usability can be improved. Lots of inputs required to allow a faithful representation of the plan, rather time-consuming.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Giuseppe!

Thank you again for finding your time for the feedback. Will try to answer the issues you had.

1) Are weekends considered a working time or not depends on your Ganttic settings. If they are not but they are shown in the Gantt charts, then these two days are not taken into consideration in calculations.

2) Similarly, from the settings you can set the working hours and you do not need to do it again manually.

3) We have improved reports a lot recently and have also added the charts option.

I hope this helps and feel free to contact us at anytime.

We use Ganttic for project team resourcing.

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Pros

Great price. Great as a resource tool. Amazing customer service, we made a catastrophic mistake in our account and the highly responsive service rep was able to load a backup within a few hours. I would recommend this tool to friends and other companies.

Cons

My biggest frustrations are:
1) The inability to simply click & drag an allocated block of time to move it back and forth along the timeline or up and down between team members.
2) The inability to "split" blocks of time. Example: I assign a 4-day block of time to 1 resource. Then another resource becomes available and I want to move 2 of those hours to this new resource. I should be able to click on the block of 4, click "split" which would break the block up into 2 blocks of 2 hours, then I should be able to DRAG that 2hr block to the new resource.
3) The reports are extremely lacking. I either want the option of a basic .csv export of my allocations or I want a streamlined display of our ganttic data. Currently reports give me a ton of fields and rows that don't display well and cloud the actual data.

Response from Ganttic

Hi!

Thank you for the valuable feedback. I will try to answer your questions.

1) Drag and drop is one of the strengths of Ganttic. Could you please elobarete what does not work?

2) For this we do not have a perfect solution that fits your needs. However, you could use the task copy function and then drag it till the right time period. Would that work for you?

3) We have the option to download the report as a CSV. Now we also added visual reports. All the data you have in Ganttic can be taken out via reports. What kind of information would you like to take out further?

Bruno M.

Great planification tool

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

For our activity in construction, our flexibility is a key point. But for this we need an easy planification tool for our ressources (equipments and staff). And thanks to Ganttic we are able to track our ressources per day and to have a better estimation of our needs and that's a great advantage! When we need a new feature, they were able to do modification and propose good evolution and that's really good.

Pros

flexibility in terms of number of users.

Cons

Possibility for each user to save his own modification for the beginning and end date

Response from Ganttic

Hi Bruno!

Thank you for the review! We are happy to see that Ganttic gives you the advantage you need!

Regarding the con you wrote down, you can check out our helpdesk articles for user rights (administrators can control if a user can edit tasks or not): http://ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/users/user-types-and-default-rights-1 and if there's a need, you can change the rights for each project: http://ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/projects/special-permissions

Zhuravlev A.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Very useful tool for production planning. Simple and straightforward.

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

Hundreds of people work and receive assignments in a system with the ability to instantly change the products that should be done at a given moment, depending on the arrival of components, design documentation and number of employees. This link makes our production very flexible and mobile.

Pros

Ease of operation, good visualization. Ability to customize for your enterprise. While this is the best in operational planning for the ratio of labor to the result.

Cons

Poor integration with the Russian language in terms of imports. I would like more functionality in terms of monitoring the execution of tasks (spent time performing tasks)

Response from Ganttic

Hi Andrey!

Thank you for the feedback you provided.

I can imagine that it might cause problems that our service is in English only. However, our support is more than happy to help you with any issues that might emerge.

Mike D.

Great management tool

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

I've used Ganttic in a previous organization so when I moved I knew it was a great tool. It's simple to add and remove resources and to assign time and projects. Reporting has come a long way and now has some great features.

Pros

Ease of use, value for money, reporting

Cons

Strong visual colours could be better as pastels

Response from Ganttic

Hi Mike!

Thank you so much for the feedback you provided. I feel that now we have solved the issue with colors :)

John F.

We are new users and this shared scheduling solution has helped us by have increased visibility

Reviewed on 2018/01/22

Were are more organized and this our helps our customers and employees

Pros

Visibility by multiple departments and our team in the field via their mobile phones. This allows our team to get updates on their schedules and provide status or add notes as needed.

Cons

I can not go back, If I make a change and then want to go back, to the previous schedule prior to the change, I cannot.

Response from Ganttic

Hi John!

Thank you for the feedback.

I hope that you are satisfied with the undo function we added :)

Leonie S.

As first was daunting however its very simple and easy to use, great product has everything we...

Reviewed on 2018/01/22

Pros

The option of being able to print the reports, it's very important in our job to have this information on hand and this software allows that.

Cons

Was quite daunting at first glance as it looks messy and difficult to understand, I didn't find it easy to learn at first.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Leonie!

Thank you for the warm feedback. Ganttic might be taunting in the beginning but we always recommend to use our support as often as you need.

And if something is stlll confusing, feel free to book a free personalized demo at anytime from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Emma R.

Surprisingly great!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

I was reluctant initially to go Digital, but have found it a great tool for scheduling and for the sharing of information.

Pros

Usability. Sharing of information. Info is mobile on the laptop.

Cons

Sometimes there is a 'click' delay.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Emma!

Thank you for the feedback. I believe that now all the performance related issues should be solved :)

Dickson M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

ganttic review

Reviewed on 2020/01/17

allocation of resources has always been a thorn in the fresh for most project managers. this at times leads to wastage of staff time, pilferage of materials end so on, but with a plan by ganttic, you can only bring necessary resources to site when required.

Pros

it gives you a bird's eyeview of your project. its ability in as far as resource allocation makes project management looks easy as tasks and resources are well planned and execution jus follows the cleared path.

Cons

may lead to reluctance in management of the project as project manager may be satisfied by the plan and gives false comfort which eventually leads to project failure (comfort zone)

Response from Ganttic

Dear Makombe,

We just wanted to thank you for the constructive feedback. When we can help you with any questions in the future in regards to resource planning, feel free to get in touch at anytime.

Bill K.

1st review

Reviewed on 2016/12/20

Would like to be able to copy tasks/projects to multiple people/resources.

Pros

Ability to sort resources many different way

Cons

Can not copy tasks/projects to multiple resources

Response from Ganttic

Hi Bill!

Thank you for the review! Great to see that Ganttic's resource grouping feature is helpful to you!

As a bonus, you actually CAN assign tasks to multiple resources. You can find a helpdesk article here: http://ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/tasks/assign-tasks-to-multiple-resources

Marcel D.
  • Industry: Maritime
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

So far the software meets my expectations

Reviewed on 2018/01/26

Easy planning and clear overview of the projects

Pros

Easy data entrance and the filter/search opportunities. I need to get started with the reporting functionality which is easy to use but I need to make my own reports

Cons

This is not clear yet it depends on the further role out within our organisation. We need additional functionality with regards to the use of colours and the options illness, hospital visit etc

Response from Ganttic

Hi Marcel!

I hope that you are doing great.

For holidays we have the task type "holiday" or "public holiday". However, if you want to take hour assigned to this holiday task out from the reports, I would just recommend to make a new project named "holiday" and assign a different color for it to make it more visible.

I hope this helps, feel free to write us at anytime.

Claudia S.

good product supported by a good company that works hard and constantly on improving the...

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Ganttic is a product that started small and limited but that you see that is supported by a team that listen to the client's needs and works hard constantly improving the product and adding new features, great job

Pros

it's easy to use and gives me a fast view of all resources availability per day and per project

Cons

the mobile interface, it has to be improved to be able to see the resources view as you can see it in a laptop

Response from Ganttic

Hi Claudia!

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am happy to tell that we are step-by-step making our website mobile responsible. Thus, the problems that you brought forth should be solved soon :)

Richie H.

Very good. We have just switched from using a different planning tool and Ganttic is much...

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

It makes my day to day work very straight forward and proves to be a very efficient tool for me and the rest of the team.

Pros

The ease of use and the fact multiple users can work at the same time. It's a very intuitive piece of software and the whole team have taken to it very quickly.

Cons

I miss having a scroll bar so i can quickly zip along the timeline. I also feel that a larger colour palette would suit our company a bit more

Response from Ganttic

Hi Richie!

Thank you for the feedback.

For technical reasons you need to click to go forward in days / weeks /months /years. However, I will forward this scrolling feedback to our development team.

James H.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Almost there

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

The tool has served us well for a few months now. It could be brilliant but the ability to customize the user functionality is restricted to adding text boxes. The customer support is excellent and they are open to development suggestions, but these suggestions are scaled to the developer's ability and prioritization. Despite the limitations, the reporting function is good and has improved our scheduling ability.

Pros

It's Simplicity

Cons

Limited customisation

Response from Ganttic

Hi James!

If you have any recommendations in how we could develop our program in the future, feel free to contact us at any time.

Ganttic UI is too messy to be helpful

Reviewed on 2018/01/20

I like that we can easily load in resources and can get some idea of what to expect in spite of the messy view. It can come in handy when we want to focus on a particular resource's availability over a specific amount of time, but not so much for the big picture.

Pros

I like that we can load in our resources and projects and get a rough idea of what to expect our commitments to be over the near future. While I am not a fan of the resulting UI, because we have a lot of projects / resources to manage (see below), you can generate some reports that help display the information better.

Cons

As noted above, the UI can get very confusing. There is not a good balance between views when trying to look at a project based view or a resource based view. For the monthly price, I would like to see a better option for a view or possibly multiple views.

Response from Ganttic

Hi! From the Ganttic side we just wanted to tell that we have project and resource based views and changing the views could be considered one of the strengths of Ganttic.

However, as often happens our clients start using Ganttic and some of the functionalities of Ganttic are not so easily been seen as we want. We are are continuously working to make the user interface clearer. Thus, we are sorry that this problem has occured for you.

Still, we are more than happy to show you how to use different views via a personal demo. For this, you can sign up from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Sergio eduardo R.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great solution for gant-centric organizations

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Pros

Very intuitive, easy to use and navigate. Lots of options for customization. Great to collaborate among teams and projects.

Cons

It is very specific to a certain developing style (Gant) and sometimes gant chars can be inaccurate.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Segio!

Thank you for finding the time to provide feedback to our service! We are glad that Ganttic works for you.

Moreover, if you had problems with the inaccurate Gantt charts, then we would be more than happy if you could share us some more information or screenshots about the situation. We have so far have not had this problem. This situation might occur because of personal settings. Still, we are more than happy to have another look.

Sharon D.
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Easy to Use with Rich Functionality

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Very easy to get up and running quickly. Adaptable to your business use for resource management. For the money required, it is a bargain.

Pros

Ease of getting online.

Cons

With any web app in this price range, there are glitches on screen but with re-loads of software, seemingly OK. Additionally, the enhancements don't always fit what we were looking for, but you have to adapt and change.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Sharon!

Thank you so much for your feedback. Feel free to contact us at anytime if additional questions might emerge.

Justin G.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Good Software for scheduling

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Great software for scheduling technicians. It has replaced our old school white board. It would be helpful is the IOS and Android App had the ability to view the GANT chart the same way as the web page.

Pros

Ease of use, View options, Syncing with Gmail

Cons

IOS and Android App

Response from Ganttic

Hi Justin!

Thank you for the review!

We are currently working on making our iOS and Android apps better. If you have any input regarding the subject, just drop a line to our support team.

• Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Ganttic - Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Pros

The built-in updates and notifications function means it's very easy to keep on top of project management, and you don't have to be constantly juggling everything in your head at once.

Cons

It's a glamorous spreadsheet GANNT chart, although it's great, it hasn't revolutionized project management and you can ultimately cope with it.

Response from Ganttic

Hi!

Thank you so muh for the input. Notifications is a new feature for us and we are happy it works for you.

Feel free to contact in the future with additional questions at anytime.

Karl

Phil H.
  • Industry: Utilities

Great first impressions, still some functional areas to be improved, but a helpful tool.

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Unified view of our resource contention, across multiple programmes of work.

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive to navigate. Great that it's cloud based, making it easy to collaborate and zero setup time. Ability to add custom fields is really helpful.

Cons

Some views don't allow reallocation of resources. Can't lock a date range when flicking between different views (they all start with a different range)

Response from Ganttic

Hi Phil!

Thank you for the feedback. I will just try to answer the questions you had.

1) You can always lock a view date from the view settings. However, you need to hit "Apply" and "Save" before the view is saved.

2) You can reallocate resources in all the views. However, what might have happened is that you maybe had some filter on that did not allow you to see the whole resource list?

I will be happy to go through everything again if the problem still persists.

Michelle S.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Very user friendly, but lacks some features that would be very helpful

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

I'm able to easily see where my team is and what they have going on over the next few weeks. It is very helpful.

Pros

The various views is nice. The simplicity of the software is great too. It was very easy to learn.

Cons

I wish I could add multiple resources to the same task instead of adding the same task for everyone.

Response from Ganttic

Hi MIchelle!
Thank you for the review!

I just wanted to tell you that it is possible to add multiple resources to the same task. For this you just have to click on the resources you want to assign the task.

Here is just a short overview how to do it: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/tasks/assign-tasks-to-multiple-resources

If you have any more questions, we would be more than happy to help you.

Josh R.

Ganttic is a modern take on classic implementation of the gantt chart. It's a great tool to...

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Gantt charts are the life blood of any good project manager. Ganntic took a leap and drove this tool to the next level. Though I appreciate its modern design and implementation, it falls short in a bloated and often times sluggish User interface.

Pros

I really liked how easy it was to view and see the gantt chart and the labeling with different colors makes it very easy to visually understand it. Names and titles are easy to see and you can very easily filter by the dates and the projects!

Cons

The cons in this are pretty clear. Everything from the options to creating new resources and allocating resources is buried behind layers and layers of UI. It really isn't as flexible of an experience as I was hoping out of this software.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Josh!

Thank you for the feedback that you provided. I feel that Ganttic and our planning logic might in the beginning take some time for getting used with.

However, I would recommend you at any time to book a demo with us from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Would be more than happy to share some tips and trick with you.

Jim S.

Does what I need it to do

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

For managing a team of 35 with a mix of 5 different disciplines, Ganttic served me and the team well. Everyone had access, anyone can use it within two minutes of learning the basics, and it's fairly customizable. We chose it not because it does everything, but because it does what it does extremely well.

Pros

Response from Ganttic

Jim!

Thank you so much for your feedback. If you have any remarks or feature requests for the future, feel free to contact us at anytime.

Prim D.

Very good software

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

I discovered it a few months ago, thanks to a friend of mine. It really helps me to schedule jobs and has a quick feedback from people who work with me.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Prim!

Thak you so much for your feedback. Feel free to contact us at anytime with further questions.