Qualtrics CoreXM

4,8 (373)
Customer insights & brand research survey management tool

Mark F.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

It's the best option for a survey platform

Reviewed on 2022/06/09

Best survey platform in spite of his questionable UI updates, but we'll stick with it forever.

Pros

Qualtrics is our go-to for any survey methodology. If qualtrics can't do it, another platform can't do it at all-- there is no other solution with as many features or functionality (e.g. Max Diff study template!)

Cons

Qualtrics updates it's user interface fairly frequently without warning-- this can be a bit disruptive. sometimes we more or less lose functionality when qualtrics makes the UI unintelligible. They need to do better when pushing updates.

Andrew P.

Designed to Advance your metrics

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

This tools is fantastic for working with our Faculty and Researchers. They expect in-depth analysis and appreciate the power of Qualtrics. Our staff and administrative personnel have all learned to use Qualtrics and most of my co-workers find it easy to use and can adapt it to their various needs. This is a great option for anyone looking for a variety of analytics for surveying, and can be adapted to simpler projects as well.

Pros

The most useful part of Qualtrics is the depth of analytics you receive on your surveys, questionnaires, and other tools. In real time, as you develop your surveys you are given insights into how your data can be analyzed. It is designed to help you get the data you need back without asking unnecessary questions. The menu for building out surveys is very easy to use and the number of options and variety in types of questions gives you the ability to develop them exactly how you want. Conditional formatting is easy to implement, and there are many ways to incorporate other media into your survey/questionnaire. The surveys are built to be compatible in mobile without any additional design input as well.

Cons

At times Qualtrics is a more powerful tool than you need. I find that there are some users who adapt to Qualtrics quickly, but others simply do not need it. If you are asking straight-forward surveys and only need basic analysis, you can find easier and lower cost tools. Some people can be overwhelmed by the options and the "analysis" that come with the variety of question-types. That being said, this can be a one-size-fits-all solution, but there will be some training and trial and error involved.

• Industry: Market Research

State of the art for survey building

Reviewed on 2022/06/09

As I limit my experience with Qualtrics to building surveys, distributing them, and downloading the dataset to work on data processing and analyses using other tools, the platform does its job. I could certainly expand my use of the tool if reporting and data visualization features offered a better user experience and look and feel.

Pros

Qualtrics is the state of art when it comes to survey building platforms. It has one of the most user-friendly interfaces, it allows very complex logics, and offers questions types that you don't see in other tools. It is also super easy to upload my own lists and I often use their panel for outside sample recruitment.

Cons

I am not a big fan of Qualtrics' reporting and data visualization features. The look and feel is poor and the tool is not flexible enough - if the dashboard feature was available, it could be another story. Customer support is also poor: they are not timely and often times they do not resolve my issues.

Typeform and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to Qualtrics CoreXM

It has the most user-friendly interface and it looks more 'professional'.
Steve B.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

An adequate tool for measuring customer experience

Reviewed on 2019/10/19

Qualtrics offers a nice dashboard that shows all of your current projects. It is intuitive to create new projects and offers a diverse array of options for those projects. However, I find that it is not as easy to create "advanced" projects in Qualtrics as in other software.

Pros

Easy to configure an NPS question and link into existing studies, offers industry standard studies like SUS "out of the box." (Or our administrator made templates that look like built-in features)

Cons

It was more difficult to customize the questions in Qualtrics than in other products used to manage user surveys.

Graham P.

Powerful survey tool

Reviewed on 2022/06/09

It's been a great product and very powerful for what I am looking to accomplish, I just wish the reporting results were a little faster to build.

Pros

What I like most about Qualtrics is the ability to quickly and easily build a survey. I also like the ability to apply logic and branching to my surveys to create the survey flow.

Cons

On the Results tab, when I view the results, the default report gives various charts and graphical displays for each question. This pretty much shows everything you want to see, but in my case, I only needed to see the Mean of the answers for each question and had to go through each question and remove all of the graphical charts and grids and then select the Mean only. I wish there was a quicker way to simply select what I want to see instead of removing these other, unwanted results.

SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to Qualtrics CoreXM

It's logic and ability to build surveys quickly and easily. As well as it's security of data.
Nadir S.

Data Collection and Analysis Made Easy

Reviewed on 2021/04/21

We have used Qualtrics and SurveyMonkey for larger surveys (50-100 questions) about students' experiences and Qualtrics makes manipulating the date very simple. It's easy to filter and export the data if you want to use Excel to do a bit more digging.

Pros

I primarily use SurveyMonkey, Google Forms, and Qualtrics for surveying my students. Qualtrics is adopted by our University on a wider scale and we have access to all features. Qualtrics is a very capable, easy to use tool. There are a lot of helpful resources online that can be used to make the most of the features.

Cons

If you are looking for a short and quick form to collect simple data, like signups, that don't require any data analysis, it is often easier to set it up in Google Forms or O365 than in Qualtrics. Qualtrics needs many more clicks for a simple survey than other (free) options.

Kim F.

Great Survey Tool

Reviewed on 2022/06/06

Overall, switching from survey monkey to Qualtrics has been better for our needs.

Pros

Many built in features making it much easier to creat surveys. Also built in reporting tools making it easier to analyze your data/results.

Cons

I have not had any issues or complaints while using it. It did take a while to learn all the features compared to when we used survey monkey so just seeing all the features that are available.

Wc L.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Good Platform for users with some knowledge of survey programs

Reviewed on 2022/05/05

Pros

It is laid out well and easy to log in to get started programming surveys. The different question types available is wonderful.

Cons

Skips and survey flow not very intuitive for novice users.

Jacob A.

Long time Qualtrics user

Reviewed on 2022/05/22

Pros

I have used this software for a long time and I love how easy it is to use on the user side. It is all very clear and straightforward .

Cons

I cannot say I have ever run into a problem with this software

Jaya A.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Design High-Quality, Intuitive Surveys

Reviewed on 2022/06/16

Pros

Surveys created by Qualtrics are both a joy to make and a joy to take. Surveys look appealing, flow from one question to the next seamlessly, and can be as long or short as required. Data reporting tools make it easy to understand the results of your survey and put the data to good use.

Cons

The Skip Logic is not really necessary, in my opinion, and I think the software could do without it.

Stewart L.
  • Industry: Market Research

Cadillac of Survey Software

Reviewed on 2021/01/28

We've been using Qualtrics for over 8 years now. As a boutique market research firm, we were looking for a full-featured online survey tool that was also cost effective. We were impressed with everything Qualtrics had to offer right off the bat, and I've continued to be impressed with the innovations and improvements they've deployed over the years. Our one complaint is that the price has crept up over the years to the point that it's significantly higher than we were paying 4-5 years ago. But that being said, we have yet to find another survey software that is as fully-featured and easy to use as Qualtrics.

Pros

Qualtrics is very user-friendly and makes it easy to program and manage complex surveys that are mobile-friendly. We can program advanced routing and conditional logic, incorporate media into the surveys to test, and export the data into the various formats and reports we need.

Cons

The costs have increased significantly over the years, and their customer support team will not help with some advanced programing capabilities, such as incorporating javascript into the surveys (you can use javascript, but you're on your own if you encounter issues).

Confirmit

Reasons for Choosing Qualtrics CoreXM

We were constrained by their design limitations, both for question types and how the surveys looked on the screen to the respondents (e.g. Snap looked very outdated and cheap). As our company grew, we realized the need to have a more full-featured online survey tool that had a modern look and feel.

Snap Survey Software

Reasons for Switching to Qualtrics CoreXM

Qualtrics was more affordable and easier to use.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

It's the best - but the future is concerning

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

Qualtrics is excellent all around, and has been the standard survey software among academic researchers for years for a reason. However, while the base platform is great, the organization is far from perfect. I had numerous issues deploying the offline app. After months of contacting support -- and getting zero explanation as to why my account, which was enabled for the offline app, could not access the app. After months of bothering them, they did something -- didn't tell me what -- and it worked. Their support team, while friendly, wasn't knowledgeable about their survey app and couldn't connect me with someone who was. Their best information regarding app crashes was that "the development team says it's buggy." Not super helpful considering the additional fee for the app. The timing of these experiences with support -- the same time that the Qualtrics company was sold, and immediately refocused toward the "customer experience" and CRM products they make -- has me concerned about the future of Qualtrics for academic research.

Pros

Building and deploying a basic survey in Qualtrics is very easy. Every step of the process, from writing questions to survey launch and distribution will be simple as long as you allow it to be. For advanced users, Qualtrics offers a number of methods for building in complex survey logic (such as skip patterns, display patterns, and survey flow mapping). Additionally, the built-in question types can be modified using JavaScript, allowing advanced users to ensure that the question "works" exactly as designed, without compromise. Sending the survey is exceedingly easy as long as you've got someone to send it to. Followups with those who haven't respond can be automated through their email system as well. Exporting data to a variety of formats upon survey completion is simple. As long as you've done everything right within Qualtrics, the quality of the data you export should be pretty high.

Cons

The data analysis options offered within Qualtrics are weak, as are the data cleaning options. This is a non-issue for smaller, or non-scientific surveys. However, for most of its existence Qualtrics has been licensed by universities worldwide specifically for use in scientific studies. Less experienced researchers may be misled by these lacking tools and produce inaccurate analyses based on them. The Qualtrics survey platform also offers an offline application -- for an additional fee -- which is extremely weak. It does not work with many functions that a survey used primarily online may include, such as the "request response" option. It's also prone to crashing for no clear reason. Users dealing with protected health information (i.e. those who need to be HIPAA compliant) should consider other options. While Qualtrics does consider themselves "self-assessed" to be HIPAA compliant, they do not enter business associate agreements with clients (so, they do not take liability for the protection of the data); other platforms, such as SurveyMonkey, offer full HIPAA compliance with a BAA.

Grace didomenico D.

Survey platform with the most functionality, although drawbacks for some research designs.

Reviewed on 2018/01/04

Pros

Out of the all the survey platforms I have tried (survey monkey, wufoo, google forms etc.), Qualtrics has the most flexibility and functionality, without compromising the intuitive, user-friendly layout. Building surveys is painless, and when building more complicated surveys, I never hesitate to call the support team because of the short wait time and COMPREHENSIVE, USEFUL HELP.

Qualtrics allows our lab to create, share and score surveys EFFICIENTLY.

With the `Library, we can store surveys, blocks, and questions, which can be copied, edited or referenced in future projects. We have a personal libraries, and shared lab library.

`Scoring saves us days of data cleaning. We can score a survey multiple times for different categories we create (ex. categories like Depression Score, Hopelessness Subscale Score). We also can customize the point value of the question items. This is important when the Likert Scale does not follow 1-5, or when a question needs to be reverse coded. When we need more advanced/customizable calculations we use embedded data (ex. converting sum to word labels depending on cutoffs). With scoring features, data can be expertorted and ready for analysis with VERY MINIMAL data cleaning.

Before I explain the cons, I want to lead with saying support is always open and grateful for feedback and has even reached out to speak with me about what features I would like to be added.

Cons

Although useful, scoring is cumbersome, and confusing. 1. 'Scoring' does not automatically set the items point value based on how it is recoded (items need to be reverse coded when inputting AND scoring). 3. Scoring does not stay with a survey when added to library 4. Scoring also has glitched numerous times not allowing me to create new scoring categories. Support has yet to reach out to me about a solution (over 8mns later).

Embedded data (ED) also causes issues. 1. ED is case sensitive, so you must be very careful when inputting ED in logic or piped text. Often my logic is not working, or data is wrong, simply because I have an extra space at the end of my ED. Qualtrics should add the ability to choose ED you set from a dropdown eliminating this problem 3. ED has glitches for me not allowing me to view certain dropdown options in Survey Flow (also unexplained by Support)

Survey flow is also quite cumbersome. When working with a complex survey (a lot of logic/branches/ED) it is hard to navigate. Survey Flow should have a side bar of levels for easier management. Survey flow would also benefit from having a 'checker' for incorrect logic or ED, keeping me from having to use the trial and error method.

Other features I would like to see to the platform, 1. conditional formatting for email triggers. 2. ability to breakdown a survey report by individual 3. ability to link surveys reports together to look at data over time (ex. weekly report of anxiety symptoms).

Dawood A.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Integrated automation for all phases of surveys

Reviewed on 2022/03/11

Qualtrics Core XM has contributed to automating all stages of opinion polls, from preparing and creating the survey to collecting data and preparing it for the beginning of the analysis process. I have been able to increase the number of targeted customers with surveys and I am no longer afraid of emptying the data, as we get it ready, and the reports have also provided us with a lot of important information, especially with regard to the target groups. The quality control process has improved for us.

Pros

Qualtrics Core XM is an integrated platform for preparing and sending polls of all kinds, as it enables you with simple steps to enter the survey questions in one of the ready-made templates that it provides and then send the links to the targeted and challenged individuals based on the contact list you have selected. With ease, the person receiving a link after clicking on it will answer the questions. Qualtrics Core XM will show you through the collected data the number of respondents from the sample you selected, and prepare the data tables collected from them to make it easy for you to export them to a statistical program to start the analysis.

Cons

I like Qualtrics Core XM very much and I don't find many negatives in it, as it is easy to use for everyone and in simple steps you can complete your task, we just need more ready-made templates with more modern designs, as well as giving more flexibility to coordinate backgrounds and texts.

Virginia M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

I've been using Qualtrics for over a year and all I can say is WOW!

Reviewed on 2017/11/27

The product is intuitive, easy to use, and the online training videos made the system easy to learn as well. Implementation went very smoothly thanks to the Qualtrics employees that worked with us on setting up single-sign on and our more complex surveys. The surveys look modern, and the questions are versatile (which makes it more fun to take surveys). In my opinion, this has led to higher response rates, overall. It's also easy to analyze the data and send out reports.

Pros

The intuitive, user-friendly interface makes building surveys a breeze. There are many different question types to choose from so it's easy to find one to fit your needs, and additional survey options (such as branching, embedded data, customized messages, email triggers, and more) make the instrument very versatile. Qualtrics is also modern looking and mobile friendly, and I have seen survey response rates increase since its inception.
I have had the pleasure of working with several Qualtrics employees during implementation and found them to be extremely helpful and professional. No matter what I ask, they deliver, and quickly too! Even when I think I have a problem they can't solve, they come up with a solution that works. I also appreciate that the product is constantly evolving and making improvements based on customer feedback.

Cons

Depending on the amount of data, the Report interface can be slow to load. Also, when exporting reports to a word document or PDF, the graphs sometimes appear blurry and can be difficult to read.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I highly recommend using Qualtrics as a marketing strategy tool

Reviewed on 2022/04/13

We will be able to convert our potential customers into customers who use our services and appreciate our marketing campaigns with the help of Qualtrics CoreXM, which can be used in any industry or situation. You can use this method for a variety of research projects since it makes it possible for any organization to gather and analyze information about how consumers perceive products and services to take targeted decisions based on that information.

Pros

It's a lot more user-friendly, flexible, and powerful than most other survey applications out there. In addition, the customer service representatives are always open to fresh suggestions and eager to help. Qualtrics surveys can be adjusted in several ways, from the form questions' structure and layout to the aesthetics. Customer and market research are two of its primary applications. Using Qualtrics email tool, an automatic Salesforce integration, social media posting, and Marketo emails, we distribute surveys to our customers and prospects. However, we also utilize it for internal purposes, such as surveys on the effectiveness of projects and departments, preferences of employees, and RSVPs for events.

Cons

I'm not sure how useful the new product lines are yet, but Qualtrics has been working hard to extend its product range. The Qualtrics insights summit is a great place to meet academics from all over the world. I simply wish they would place more attention on research and less on bringing in high-profile speakers. The help offered by Qualtrics may be better. It can be hard to find help in the community. To get assistance, I nearly always must use an online chat or email.

Amanda K.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great Product and It Keeps Getting Better

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

Overall I really love Qualtrics. I'd highly recommend it. It allows for great collaboration, I like that I can customize using Java or HTML, and it also applies to many types of research. The other cores are also great. I'm always excited about the newest feature rollouts and it seems they're always getting better.

Pros

I love that Qualtrics is so intuitive and has so much functionality built in. I also love that they are consistently working to improve it and roll out other useful features. I seldom find it's missing something that I need for my job.

Cons

I have hated the reporting and dashboard functionality, as well as the administration dashboard. It's not that they're terrible, but I can create better stuff for myself by downloading the raw data and manipulating it in Excel. HOWEVER, we do have major dashboard, reporting, and administration updates coming in the next month which sound very promising and like great improvements. One other negative, you can't have two people working on a project at once - it gets buggy and changes get lost. It's also difficult to have two Qualtrics pages open in your browser at once. I've managed to manipulate it to a degree, but it doesn't do super well.

Jason H.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I love experimenting with new ways I can use Qualtrics every day!

Reviewed on 2018/03/31

We have started to use Qualtrics and its API to capture data from users and then pass that data into our other systems. We have been developing so many ways to automate processes on our campus and Qualtrics is becoming the engine that drives the automation, but also the main interface for the end user. For example, we have been using for self enrollment for certain faculty development courses. A faculty member goes to a registration page, which is actually just a Qualtrics form, fills out a little data and then clicks the Registration button. The faculty member is then automatically enrolled in the selected course in Canvas. That's just one small use case that saves a bunch of admin time.

Pros

I literally use Qualtrics for everything but surveys. We use it as a form tool, quizzing engine, LMS course enrollment, and so much more. If you want to capture any type of data from a customer and literally do anything you want with it, you need to take a good look at Qualtrics.

Cons

One feature I wish was available in Qualtrics would be the ability to use 'Switch' statements in the survey tool. It's set up so that you have to use tons of 'If' statements to set embedded data (variables) to specific data.

Jennifer P.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

The Gold Standard

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

Another thing to consider when evaluating Qualtrics is that they have an incredible support team. From your account manager, to your success manager, to the random people you connect with within the support organization, everyone has been stellar. I know that if I have a problem or even a random question, they will make sure I'm taken care of. It's a great relationship and they really care about each of their customers on an individual level.

Pros

Where to begin? Qualtrics is truly the gold standard in survey software. They have built an exemplary product over the years and keep adding more inventive features to be a whole system solution. Unlike other softwares that are either easy and basic with limited functionality or powerful with a steep learning curve, Research Core is both easy to use at a very basic level and has the power to handle any sophisticated needs you can think of. I've yet to run into a way to survey that the software can't pull off.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is one time that I found an incomplete answer in the knowledge base, but that's me REALLY trying to think of a negative.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Highly reliable software

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

It is very reliable software to collect responses which use can extend from students' feedback, tracking of students experiments to collect event registrations and abstract submissions. With some updates, it can become a fantastic multi-tasking software.

Pros

Highly user-friendly and most of its features require no programming skills (as a user, not as an administrator) with a nice working environment. It is quite flexible software and can be used as a conference management tool to track registrations and even handle the abstract submission, review and the subsequent revisions

Cons

Some parts require basic skills of programming (eg in the appearance of the form, the adjustment of the font style and position, or in the design of the automatic replies). More flexibility in uploading data from other forms would make this product very helpfull and more versatile. Moreover, deleting selected responses takes forever and decrease its ease of use. Similarly, it would be ideal if the data file wouldn't be disturbed once there is an addition of a question (currently it doesn't move the old data to the relevant cell when a new column is added). Last but not least, it would be great if the data mapping from other forms could be used in a user-friendly way to create automatic responses (currently even with the help of academic staff from Computer Sciences, we couldn't resolve the issue)

Ryan E.
  • Used for 2+ years

Incredibly powerful, but incredibly persnickety

Reviewed on 2021/04/26

I've used Qualtrics for over a half-dozen years now, and I continue to find new things that I can do with it. However, be prepared to spend a *lot* more time tweaking and fine-tuning your projects than you might initially expect to, especially if you've never used the platform before.

Pros

Qualtrics really is the gold standard when it comes to developing and deploying online surveys--it is almost synonymous in the same way we say "Kleenex" to refer to any tissue or "Xerox" to refer to any photocopy. The question types are excellent, the skip logic and other features are second-to-none, the reporting and results can be displayed and exported in a variety of ways... basically, if you can imagine it, you can do it with Qualtrics.

Cons

As I mentioned above, if you can imagine it, you can do it with Qualtrics... but that's only if you've paid for a tier of features that will facilitate your ideas. Furthermore it can be incredibly difficult to develop and code custom functionality; there is ostensibly online help, but it largely takes the form of message boards, which oftentimes offer nothing more than a series of dead-ends. If your Qualtrics license is through a larger institution, it can be nearly impossible to obtain one-on-one support directly from Qualtrics... and then there's the generally persnickety, fussy interface that is not nearly as user-friendly as I believe Qualtrics thinks it is.

Mark H.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

A very powerful survey application, very intuitive to use! Extremely flexible, superb support

Reviewed on 2017/09/04

great survey tools obviously, but we have built some wonderful educational applications as well
Without the flexibility of Qualtrics we would never have even tried to create these apps on our own.

Pros

The broad variety of question types, the generally intuitive inteface that lets you start simply, but encourages you to explore its more poweful features. I like the ability to easily get data out in a variety of formats (SPSS, CSV, etc) and add Tableau support was a huge plus!!! The ability to customize the look and feel is very nice, and the flexible distribution options (email, anonymous links, etc) work very well for us. The ability to embed objects in the GUI Editor is awesome, we have built training, teaching modules in Qualtrics without advanced tech help just because the tools are so easy to use!!

Cons

the Table of Contents tool is limited by rules put on place for surveys. We'd like to see educational options settings that would allow more creative use of Qualtrics for educational use.

• Industry: Government Administration

Powerful Surveying Tool

Reviewed on 2021/07/15

Awesome. Qualtrics has provided reputability and security to our data collections.

Pros

The features that allow branching in surveying is powerful. This allows you to collect data from distinct groups of people all in one survey. The basic data reports generated by the software provide real time updates on progress and basic understanding of the data immediately. I appreciate all of the customization options in both the survey and report functions.

Cons

If you are just collecting emails addresses, t-shirt sizes, etc. you should use something simpler and quicker, like Google forms. It is just not fast and user-friendly for simple surveying. Also, it does not always give data outputs in excel, etc. in a super convenient way. You definitely have to do some data clean up. It takes awhile to learn all of the features, but once you learn them, Qualtrics is a powerful tool.

Jason H.

Qualtrics: More Than Just a Survey

Reviewed on 2016/08/15

Qualtrics is much more than survey software. In fact, I use it for everything but surveys. I've begun the creation of Quick-Help support tool that is powered by Qualtrics. A user is taken down specific path based on his/her individual needs. After entering the needed information, emails are fired off to the people who can fulfill the user's request. The ability to use Qualtrics as my own kind of ticket support system is crucial to fulfilling our users' needs in a systematic and efficient way.

Pros

I love how granular you can get with every type of action you want to perform. You can use general methods for logic, or create your own with ease. Qualtrics is can be generic as you want, or as customizable as you need.

Cons

I wish Qualtrics wouldn't charge for additional question types. For example, add the form upload and signature question types, you have to pay a fee for each.

Matthew M.

Versatile solution that capably supports my organization's online data collection needs

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Streamlines and expedites the collection, analysis, and dissemination of large volumes of data across the organization, putting staff in closer control of their projects.

Pros

It handles all phases of the online data collection in a variety of modes, whether surveys are distributed by email, posted online, shared via social media, etc. Developers make constant improvements and welcome input from users. It includes a lot of lesser-known but very handy features that improve the experience for survey respondents and researchers alike. Although it's mainly point-and-click based, it does allow some customizations with html, css, and javascript for those who are familiar with them. The design control is user friendly; with Qualtrics it takes little effort to create visually appealing online surveys and forms! Finally, in an enterprise account like ours, the number of different options that can be enabled and disabled for users sets Qualtrics far apart from other tools I've used.

Cons

I would like to see a little more customization available for standard respondent messages, and enhanced validation between numeric fields and with calculations. Bounced email diagnostics would also be very helpful to have.