Qualtrics CoreXM

Customer insights & brand research survey management tool

Great tools but costly and customizing can be tricky/very difficult

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Overall, I like the tools, but the look and feel aspects need major improvements to let the end user select how it looks. The brand admin interface there also needs to reflect a full range of options.

Pros

The survey design is very user friendly with the exception of a few question types (eg, calendar selections require some simple java for anything reasonable).

The data analysis side is fantastic and really stands out.

Cons

The cost is very high in comparison to some other tools. You are paying a lot, but an unlimited admin license is very handy for our environment. You do get a good amount for the cost.

Customizing the look and feel of the tool is super complicated and for anything beyond basics, you need custom CSS and headers. Test this thoroughly before purchase. The "branded themes" they make for you cannot be further edited at the admin level - super frustrating!

The textIQ analysis likely isn't worth it for complicated feedback.

Debbie L.

Great survey software!

Reviewed on 2020/12/28

Overall, I found that Qualtrics is a solid survey program. It can do just about anything that you would want in a survey program. It has plenty of features and it is easy to use. If you get stuck on something, their customer service will walk you through it. They also have a lot of great literature for you to find the answer yourself.

Pros

This is probably the most popular survey program on the market and for good reasons. It has the ability to design surveys with a ton of options for questions -- multiple choice, short answer, longer answer. You can randomize questions, organize the survey by blocks, use decision trees. It is easy to use and the customer service is amazing. They will also recruit panels of participants for you. It is easy to download the data into excel or other usable formats.

Cons

I haven't found much yet. I am still learning how to use it, but most things are pretty intuitive. The one thing I would say that I don't like is that even though they will recruit panels of participants for you that match particular characteristics, they are relatively pricey.

Kenneth H.
  • Industry: Higher Education

The most powerful and easy to use survey softwares

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

I have used many different survey software packages and Qualtrics by far is the most advanced and easy to use option out there.

Pros

The ease of use. The customer support is top notch! I love the chat feature to speak with a support tech sooner!

Cons

Advanced and new survey features are still a bit buggy when they first come out. Their help desk professionals are top notch though!

Kathleen C.
  • Industry: Utilities

Excellent experiences with Qualtrics!

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

An easy to use system that not only collects data, but allows us to also create reports - both reports that we can export, and reports that we can share via link.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. When working with people with various skill levels, it's nice to have a system that anyone can learn. We really like the variety of question types and the ability to create custom reports from the data.

Customer service is also outstanding - whenever I've had an issue, they've been able to talk me through it fairly quickly. The support reps are very well trained. The support site is also great.

I also know from past experience that Qualtrics does look at suggestions sent by users , and I appreciate that they have implemented changes to the system based on user feedback. Because of that, I always encourage people to let Qualtrics know if there's an issue or if there's a feature they'd like to see.

Cons

We're a non-profit and it's a little pricey; I wish they had smaller packages for non-profits and small organizations, or monthly options for some features (i.e. SMS messaging - we only need this a few times a year.)

Rebecca S.

Surveys Made Easy

Reviewed on 2018/11/12

We were a campus that used SurveyMonkey and researchers would send their survey to our office to create, distribute, and generate reports from. Now with Qualtrics each researcher has their own account and create, distribute, and review data at will. It has dramatically increased our utilization of the survey tool and created less complications for our IRB committee to review products in. Now the data is safe in the hands of the researcher and not a third party. We are thrilled with how easy Research Core is to use and how well the product is being adopted!

Pros

Qualtrics is very easy to use and puts the ownership of survey creation and data collection in the hands of the surveyor. With Research Core you get all the bells and whistles without any added stress of learning a new tool. In a matter of minutes you can create a survey and begin collecting data. Implementation was a breeze with dedicated training and guidance from Qualtrics. We recently changed our authentication method and Qualtrics Support did a great job in getting our login changed over in a matter of minutes. AMAZING!

Cons

My only complaint about Qualtrics is the creating or sharing of survey distribution lists. They are easy to create/use, but our institution does not have them readily available for use.

Best in Class survey software

Reviewed on 2018/08/14

My overall experience has been positive.

Pros

This software is very user-friendly and powerful. It can do almost anything you like. In addition, the support is very helpful in terms of letting you know how to get some of the advanced features working.

Cons

Working collaboratively at the same time with a colleague is not possible.

Daniel H.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Always Excellent Customer Service!!!

Reviewed on 2018/10/18

For many years utilizing this software, it has only improved! The ease of use and flexibility it second to none! Its collaboration features are great. It functions well with other programs for data analysis.

Pros

Ease of use, Great Help / Knowledge Base information.

Cons

N/A I have not been able to find any issues that would make me change from using Qualtrics!

Ashley M.

I use Qualtrics to collect applications for scholarships and use the data for reporting.

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

I have the ability to create a survey and distribute it almost immediately! I can also copy previous surveys so I'm not "recreating the wheel". This has made my life much easier and made the most of my time in terms of surveying. It's great to have this software at my fingertips and ready to go at all times!

Pros

I love the ease of using Qualtrics. The interface is very user-friendly and quite self-explanatory. I can add as many questions as I'd like and customize them individually. I love the ability to look at responses in real-time, without waiting until my survey is complete. This system as allowed me to streamline our scholarship application and reporting processes, instead of doing the two separately.

Cons

I think the software is great, however, I would love the ability to personalize the design layout. Sometimes our surveys can look very cold and general, so it'd be great to add more color, etc. I do not think this outweighs all of the great things Qualtrics does, it would just be a way to put it on the next level!

Barb S.

transferring surveys

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

We love the software and use it frequently. Surveying staff and students, managing the surveys when staff leave so that the data, that may be longitudinal, can be accessed (via transfer or other means).

Pros

the software is pretty user friendly and intuitive, however some things are not.

Cons

the cost has risen to levels that may be prohibitive

Dawn P.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great Product Support - Extremely knowledgeable!

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

I was trying to import data from one survey to a copy. The support staff quickly identified the issue with the import (it was just a matter of getting the data structure from the copied survey instead of the original.) It took the support person a matter of 3 seconds to know what I was doing wrong. I was very happy to know it was just a user error. :D

Pros

It does exactly what I want. It's easy to identify how to implement the steps that the support person helped me with.

Cons

I couldn't figure out the issue myself.

Madeline M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great for preliminary understanding of the market

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

This has been a great tool for us as we start initial marketing strategies with our clients. I would definitely recommend it.

Pros

I have used Qualtrics for surveys and data analysis for a couple of years now, part from market research projects during college. But now, we use Qualtrics as an effective way to send surveys to customers of our clients and get their feedback on the client's products/services. I love how easy it is to build out the surveys and analyze the results. Customer support/our Qualtrics rep has also been great in helping us structure the questions to make sure they are phrased correctly and are fair to the people answering them.

Cons

From the experiences I've had with Qualtrics, I wouldn't say there are many cons. I think depending on how in-depth of research you are doing, the phrasing of questions can get kind of tricky. For instance, when using the tool for an undergrad research project, we had to be very careful in choosing the types of questions we asked in order for it to be relevant to our initial hypothesis. But this is a more general word of caution than a drawback to the tool itself.

Darren B.

Qualtrics equals excellence!

Reviewed on 2016/07/31

As a new researcher, the Qualtrics survey software has not only been a valuable design tool, it has also contributed to my understanding of what I am doing with my project. I am not the most IT-literate person getting around, but the user interface is intuitive and simple to use. Those features that I was unable to use properly could be figured out using the tutorial information that is available. When I couldn't figure it out, the support staff you can ring were amazing - not only did they help me with the more complex programming I had to do, they first had to decipher my questions which were not always well communicated. They did all this with a sense of humour and a great attitude. I cannot recommend the software and the support highly enough.

Pros

Right from the start when I was learning to use the Qualtrics software, the design of the interface was intuitive and the ability to program a basic project could be understood in very quick time. The customer support has also been excellent.

Cons

At this stage of my usage of Qualtrics (i.e. still quite early), I have not found anything I dislike about the product.

Our students love Qualtrics

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

Pros

Qualtrics is an excellent tool for researching and collecting information. We use this with our clients and with our students. It is easy to use and you learn from using the application, you do not need any special training or special knowledge to be able to use it. Also, we have never received any complaints or feedback from any of the people we have surveyed. In the past we used a tool that caused a lot of problems and it was not easy to use, which did not give us any productive results, but we have never had any issues with Qualtrics.

Cons

It gets a little confusing when you want to add several criteria to questions. The idea behind that function is actually great, but the way it is set up is actually hard sometimes.

Qualtrics is the iOS of the survey world in that it is beautiful, simple, intuitive, and...

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Better data. Better reports. Less headaches.

Pros

The best part of the software is the UX; it is so intuitive and clean that it makes you want to use it and keep exploring. Beyond that, the customer support is exemplary. You can get in contact with a real person in minutes and they not only help you with basic questions, but also complex in-the-moment project questions as well. I even had one support person goes as far as film themselves doing what I needed to do with my survey to make it work, which was so helpful because I'm a visual learner.

Cons

This is a unique case, but I took the certification exam and I felt as though their study material was not near comprehensive enough for the actual questions asked on the test. But for overall use, there isn't much I would change especially when you compare it to other survey platforms on the market.

John G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

I use this survey platform frequently in my job. It is very functional and delivers good...

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Pros

I like the fact that software offers a variety of pathways for building surveys. The display logic is very helpful for creating large custom surveys that go out to a variety of potential respondents on our campus. In addition, the software is rather intuitive to use, which is a help when coming into a new position and having to learn on the fly. Finally, the support offered by Qualtrics is top-notch. Every representative that I have live-texted with or called on the telephone has been helpful and provided the exact answer that I needed.

Cons

There are no cons that I can readily think of. The software is very good, well-executed, and intuitive.

Yukun Y.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great, but a bit pricey.

Reviewed on 2019/07/27

Pros

Click and drag for research design (survey); very convenient and easy (user-friendly).

Cons

Laggy at times, cannot undo what you typed.

Kelly S.

Awesome survey tool

Reviewed on 2016/07/27

Although I'm on the waning end of my career, my experience with Qualtrics survey tool have been amazing. It is very easy to use, I can quickly launch surveys, circulate dynamic reporting and their customer support is amazing. Two thugs up!

Pros

Three words: Ease Of Use. Survey creation, alteration, dissemination, and dynamic frequency reporting are easily and quickly done. The admin tools managing users and projects are well thought out and easy to use as well.

Cons

Qualtrics has made strides in their reporting but it still needs some attention.

• Used Other for 2+ years

Using Qualtrics

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

We have had great success with Qualtrics for what it is designed to do.

Pros

We use Qualtrics for our survey research. I have done a number of surveys using Qualtrics. I have been able to create different types of surveys without a great deal of trouble. The only time I had an issue the technical person from Qualtrics was able to provide a good work around

Cons

As with any software program, there are limitations. I have found a few, but as mentioned, was able to do a satisfactory work around.

Michelle C.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Amazing platform. Incredibly flexible.

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

We centrally support this license for our entire campus to use and it is a huge benefit not just to our researchers, but also to our administrative staff.

Pros

You can make your surveys as complex or as simple as you want. It's really an amazing piece of software that can provide a feedback or research platform all the data it needs.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. The only con is that I personally don't have use cases to utilize all the really cool things it can do! :)

Joshua F.

A Survey Platform I Couldn't Live Without

Reviewed on 2016/09/23

As a college professor and researcher, I collect tons of data using online surveys, and I've used numerous platforms to do so. However, ever since discovering Qualtrics, I could never use another platform again. The flexibility is outstanding, with the ability to create not just any type of question imaginable, but to intricately structure surveys to achieve exactly what I need for any given research study.

Even with this level of functionality, it's extremely user-friendly and easy to learn. My students are typically able to pick it up and design their first surveys after only a short lesson from me, and I find that learning new functions when I need them takes almost no time at all.

When I do encounter issues or roadblocks, Qualtrics' incredible tech support team is only a couple of clicks away. Their friendly representatives respond extremely quickly, and offer detailed, personalized assistance for even the most complex questions. I couldn't be happier!

Pros

Flexibility
Ease-of-Use
Variety of question types and options
Excellent support

Cons

Expensive licensing (but that's to be expected)

Jessica W.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

E-mail Triggers went down and Qualtrics Support saved the day!

Reviewed on 2016/08/18

We use Qualtrics for a self-paced organizational training and laboratory self-assessments that we require all of our biohazardous agents users to take. We set it up to automatically send a certificate when respondents complete the necessary criteria. We use Office 365 for emailing and recently had issues with the email triggers not sending respondents the certificates of completion. Qualtrics Support responded immediately and was extremely helpful. The issue was resolve within the hour.

Pros

It's flexibility and ease of use.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons as we have been very pleased with the software.

• Industry: Entertainment

Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Qualtrics offers a tremendous amount of versatility to help you achieve your research needs. The tools are easy to use when it comes to survey creation, survey distribution, monitoring results, and viewing results.

Definitly would not use any other product.

Pros

Great Customer service to help you figure out any of your research questions and formats

Cons

Nothing

Gina R.

Powerful platform with excellent customer support

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

Nearly anything I've wanted to do with a survey, I've been able to do with Qualtrics. The customer support I've received is phenomenal.

Cons

It's expensive, and additional functionality or connectivity will cost more than you expect.

Yiyu W.
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

My go-to device for survey

Reviewed on 2020/06/12

My experience so far is great, it will remain my primary survey too.

Pros

The "heatmap" feature is awesome. Now, I know it was probably designed for something else; but I used it to have participants marking spots on a human figure for injures/pains. It helps me improve certain high performance human designs. The "display logic" is another great feature, easy to use too.

Cons

The suggested options are a little off, when you ask a yes or no question, the system always give you five suggested option, and you will have to delete the extra ones.

• Industry: Investment Management

Sooo much better than Survey Monkey

Reviewed on 2018/05/05

Pros

I love the graphical UI which makes it easier to organize question types and to build surveys. After years on Survey Monkey I did not realize how much room for improvement there was. We adapted it in the College of Engineering at UC Berkeley and nearly all of the faculty (myself included) preferred it to SurveyMonkey. The ease of website integration is also a major plus.

Cons

The cost is a bit high - I looked into an individual license after leaving the university. It becomes a quality decision - think of this as the Lexus of survey tools.