Seismic

Powerful enablement for your sales and marketing teams

Lynne S.

Personal customer success is the difference

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

I have used Seismic at my last company and brought the platform to my current company. The customer success is the differentiation. In my experience the CSM team is kind, knowledgeable, supportive and the ultimate partners to their customers. They go above and beyond to ensure their customers are happy and successful.

Pros

I love Seismic! It is easy to implement, continuously update and use daily.

Cons

Some limitations on newscenter, landing page, integrations, highlight, etc. Team is open for feedback and continuously adds things to the roadmap.

Response from Seismic

Lynne, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this great review! We are thrilled you are getting so much value out of our platform. We are constantly working to improve our product for our customers, so your feedback will always be valuable to us. Looking forward to partnering with you throughout 2020 and beyond!

Best,
The Seismic Team

Matthew M.

Great Sales Enablement and CMS Platform

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

We needed the ability to incorporate a workflow process for our content creation team and personalize content at the account level without forcing users to individually re-create each sales piece.

Pros

We anticipate getting a lot of use out of the "LiveDoc" capabilities for our ABM efforts in the coming years. We also anticipate that Seismic will eventually replace Microsoft OneDrive entirely as our document repository and Sharepoint as our corporate intranet.

Cons

It would be nice if content could be displayed and/or shared externally. Seismic's entire pricing model is predicated on each consumer of content not specifically sent something through the system itself having a license.

Jackie R.

Impactful Enablement & Content Management System

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

With Seismic, are reps now have access to the latest materials to stay on-brand and on-message, get fast answers to their questions and a single source of truth across the company for the "blessed" version of close to 1,000 assets we maintain.

Pros

Seismic has become our one stop shop for all of our customer-facing teams to access the content, sales tools, and company news they need. It's easy to upload, organize, maintain and send out new content, with lots of functionality that makes the lives of our sales teams easier like customizable decks and documents. The design, user interface and analytics are the some of the things we like most along with some of the best customer service we've seen across any software company.

Cons

Integration with Google Suite can be improved (mostly around Google Slides + customized presentations within Seismic) but overall hasn't impacted us much.

Response from Seismic

Jackie, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review! We are happy to hear that you are seeing such great value in our content management functionality. Your feedback is imperative as we continue to improve our platform to meet customer needs. Looking forward to partnering with you in 2020 and beyond!

Missi C.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Clean Repository with Data Insights

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Overall we're happy with the platform. Marketing and Sales are having more conversations and content is being used. The platform adoption data has been critical with sharing with business leads so our conversations are informed about what's working and who is using.

Pros

The content library and bulk upload allows us to keep our sales enablement content clean, tagged and current. The integration with Salesforce and Outlook was simple to set up and deploy.

Cons

Without having a highly-technical dedicated internal resource, deployment and setup took a lot longer than we would've liked. Also, we weren't given an "ideal state" checklist so we didn't know what features and components were necessary to exist. The community is extensive and the knowledge base is very in-depth but it was difficult to navigate.

Rachel W.
  • Industry: Investment Management

Efficiency at Quarter-End

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

Seismic completely streamlined our quarter-end and collateral production process. With all of our pieces now automated we are able to ensure consistent and quality data throughout our material. It has saved us countless hours of manually inputting data and double checking the work.

We love that our sales team has one true source for their material now, rather than relying on the disorganized Shared drive. We have thoroughly enjoyed implementing it on all fronts of our business and look forward to how we can continually grow our usage of Seismic.

Pros

I love that Seismic integrates into easy to use tools such as PowerPoint and Word. It allows for virtually any user to become well versed in Seismic.

Cons

I wish that there where more reliable delivery options for our sales team. It seems as though bugs with the Outlook plugin are still being resolved.

Sarah B.

Good not Great

Reviewed on 2019/10/26

Overall the service is pretty good and the product works, I'm just not sure it's a solid enterprise solution.

Pros

It's very visual and the tagging and searching work well. It integrates well into Salesforce and content can quickly be downloaded.

Cons

The editing in Microsoft Silverlight feels ancient. I would consider staying with the product if they get this fixed.

Adam O.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Finally a single source-of-truth for Sales + Marketing Content w/analytics!

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

Nothing but a positive experience from top to bottom!

Pros

The fact that I know, without a doubt, that we now have a single source of truth that our sales and marketing teams can go to and have direct access to the most recent (and verified) documentation to use solves a major pain point that has been plaguing us for years... gone are the days of hunting through external hdd folders, bugging co-workers, or trying to find PDFs in buried SharePoint folders.

With other features like content sales stage mapping, native SalesForce integrations, and the ability to set expiration dates on the content so teams can review and update as needed... Seismic is in the process of transforming how we view and utilize our content.

The analytics behind the tool are extremely helpful as well... from the pre-made dashboards for reporting to the ability to notify users when their content is opened and viewed, this tool has seen nothing but rave reviews from our team!

Cons

None at this time... have been extremely happy with our entire experience!

Kim C.

Magical, once it all comes together.

Reviewed on 2017/09/25

Firmwide consistency in our branding - which is really important. It saves me hassles, it saves me time. The customization of the software is so practical and almost too good to be true. But it's TRUE!

Pros

I like the instant updates, firmwide. I like the interface both on the back and front end. I love the organization of the site. I love how quickly I can download data. And Seismic saves me hours per week.

Cons

I find it difficult to get training at my level - partially because what I use Seismic for is very specific. Plug ins usually break my PPT.

Jim C.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

I was a Seismic admin in my previous job, like the system and the usability.

Reviewed on 2017/08/02

Obtaining a central content repository that most all employees can access. The content also gets pushed into the Salesforce interface based on predictive content configuration. The tracking and reporting is also better than our old system, which was a series of online folders.

Pros

Provides a central repository that pushes predictive content into Salesforce along with tracking and reporting capabilities.

Cons

My current company made the classic mistake of not performing enough up front preparation and design/structure strategy before starting to use Seismic. I am now trying to help them clean up and organize our content and develop business rules for admins and user. However, this is not the fault of Seismic.

Andria H.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

User friendly and the live send feature is our favorite part!

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

Overall we have been very pleased with Seismic. The livesend feature has been critical to our sales team. We really enjoy having one location to store all of our marketing material as well.

Pros

The live send feature and reporting. The analytics are awesome and the live send allows us to see which prospects are interacting with us the most.

Cons

The back end is sometimes difficult to use.

Jamie K.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Powerful product that is easy to use for all skill levels.

Reviewed on 2017/05/09

Pros

The best feature of this software is not the software at all, but the people. The tool is great and very flexible but the customer success teams are dedicated to just that - my team's success.

Cons

The Control Center requires Silverlight, so it doesn't work in Chrome or on my phone, which limits what I can do while I am on the go. But, that is going to be updated in the near future.

Ian N.
  • Industry: Media Production

Seismic is very robust

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

Pros

Seismic was an upgrade for our organization and it has been a huge improvement. Especially helpful is the intelligent search feature that makes it extremely easy to find documents.

Cons

It can be overwhelming to learn and to navigate. While the navigation is easy, it is very in depth and produces a lot of results.

Megan L.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Seismic is a great tool, but needs some improvement.

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

Pros

It is user friendly, customizable, and support staff is friendly.

Cons

search filtering functionality and case study content selector functionality for LiveDocs

Leah Y.

Great CMS that have helped our sellers

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

Pros

Allows users to easily find up to date and relevant content in one single place.

Cons

Some of the administration of the system can be a little difficult to get the result you are looking for in the DocCenter but that's to be expected.

Jason C.
  • Industry: Automotive

Critical Tool

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

Love it when I can find what I am looking for. I use it for all of my customers sales docs. Helps me prepare a presentation focusing on the key topics I want to share with customer.

Pros

Provides important info and content in an easy access tool. Emailing capability and the ability to track when you email info to customers.

Cons

The search is difficult. Have to be very specific or it will bring everything with a specific search word up rather than focused branded docs. Many times the email sent out are blocked by receivers email security. Often kicking email to spam.

Jarod G.

Seismic is an Amazing Solution!

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

Seismic literally allows sales and marketing to operate from the same page. Content is king, and Seismic allows us to ensure our sales reps gets the right content, to the right person, at the right time. The solution is very intuitive and my team has taken very well to it. We are proud of the work we've achieved, but are only getting started in our efforts. More stakeholders are coming to the plate that want in - it's a first world problem, and we'll take it. The onboarding team has been amazing throughout our journey and we're very happy with the investment we've made - we're set see an amazing return.

Pros

Very intuitive and user friendly. Integrates easily with existing content stores (i.e. SharePoint, Box, etc.). The LiveDoc feature is second to none.

Cons

You can get any report out ot Seismic you want - but right now it requires the creation of LiveDocs. It's a solid workaround, not a deal breaker in the least.

Peter V.

xu review

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Pros

easy to find, send and track docs i send to prospects

Cons

I have no complaints about this software.

Isabel N.
  • Industry: Insurance

Seismic for the win

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

Seismic affords us a platform to store ALL of our resources. It also allows us to easy access to our information

Pros

I love the intuitive nature of the software. Easy to use, easy to find topics of interest.

Cons

Honestly, there are no features that i would improve. It works great for what i need

Susan M.
  • Industry: Investment Management

User Friendly.

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

Pros

Seismic is very easy to use. Information is organized in a logical fashion that makes locating documents simple. No more scanning though multiple webpages to find what you need. The search function is also excellent.

Cons

I would like to see notifications sent to my inbox when new information is added that is relevant to me.

Thomas S.

Seismic review

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Very satisfied

Pros

easy to use UI and accessibility, downloadable and live send links

Cons

search engine can have improvements.....

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Excellent support, product trending the right direction

Reviewed on 2019/11/01

Pros

-Saves our client-facing teams a ton of time since they don't have to build the decks for their client calls.
-Ensures consistency in our brand and the goals for the Customer Success department.
-Our reps can get a preview of the content they're building as they customize - our product changes fast, so being able to preview what they're adding is huge.
-Great customization
-Excellent technical support!

Cons

-I used a Mac computer, but I have to keep a PC to manage LiveDocs (via PowerPoint) on the backend. This is really painful.
-Would love to see them support content management in Google Slides and export to GSlides for our end users.

Bruno B.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

It is taking much longer than expected to go live - we only started the pilot after 6 months

Reviewed on 2017/08/07

Pros

the dynamic folder and the easy to create a profile. The livesend capabilities it really cool and will provide much need analytics.

Cons

the email formatting, logging the email text from livesend is nonexistent , creating templates as a plug-in for the email nonexistent.
Having more end-user design flexibility. LiveDoc seems more complex and harder to design than original thought.

Patrick D.

Sales Rep., 4 Months on the Job

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

Overall very useful and helpful. Gauging interest in emails based on live send links is great.

Pros

Full library that you can access from different teams. Reliable results on searches.

Cons

Is there a preview function for livesending? I don't feel that I can trust a live send format as I don't know if it will have my signature on it.

Rien K.

Great place to keep content

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Pros

Having a 1 stop shop for all content shareable to prospects is valuable. In addition having my workspace is very nice to save your favorite

Cons

Search functionality is difficult at times when searing ad hoc. This is more of a syntax issue of how the organization organizes their documents by product, but none the less becomes a burden.

Dontay W.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Review for Seismic

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

Great!

Pros

I like how easy it is for me to use and navigate

Cons

Not sure to be honest. There's nothing I can't think of. Keep up the good work.