Cake Reviews

4.5/5 (14 reviews)
Brian B.

CAKE is the Cadillac of Tracking Software

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

Being the best platform in the industry doesn't always mean it is the easiest. But that can be said about any sophisticated SaaS platform. I think CAKE creates a good balance for inexperienced users to navigate and get things set up on a simplistic level. However, for those who are advanced users CAKE would not be complete without a killer support staff and client service team. These are the people that bring everything together and make for a great overall experience.

Pros

CAKE is by far the most intuitive, customizable and reliable tracking system in the marketplace. The UI is clean and easy to navigate. The setup and deployment of new campaigns is simple. The reporting granularity is amazing. CAKE is simply an all-around amazing tracking platform. There is not another system in the marketplace that comes close.

Cons

There are a few quirky things here and there, but nothing that disrupts our core business. Reporting visualization needs an upgrade.

Response from CAKE

Hello! Thank you for taking your time to review CAKE! We're pleased to hear that you're happy with your experience and would recommend our company to others. We hope to wow you with new reporting visualizations in the near future, be on the lookout for big changes at CAKE!

Lindsey R.

Ain't it Sweet?

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

I made the best decision to work with CAKE when starting my business. Tracking and learning any platform can be overwhelming at times just because there's always a lot going on. Without the support I've received from each team member at CAKE. I may not be where I'm at today.

Pros

The platform provides every tracking tool I need to track my leads.

Cons

I don't like that I can't get someone on the phone over the weekend. If there's a tracking issue in this business you can quickly loose thousands of dollars in minutes. Submitting a ticket doesn't cut it when you need immediate help. Luckily, I have an AMAZING customer support manager who will go beyond the call of duty to help me if it's an urgent situation.

Response from CAKE

Hi there!

Thank you for taking the time to review our product, we're so happy to hear about your success on CAKE! I'm sorry to hear about the challenge you've had with the limited phone support hours, but please know that we do have 24/7 technical phone support as an option to you! For more information about it, please let your Client Success Manager know! Thank you again for your review.

CAKE

Spencer R.

Great Product + The Best Customer Support

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

We spend a lot more money with companies like Google/Facebook/Microsoft and don't get half the support that Cake gives us. Our account manager has always been there to help me and their ticket system has always been quick to resolve issues. Can't say enough good things about Cake support.

Pros

Ease of use. I don't have as much time as I'd like to dedicate to our affiliate program so Cake makes things a lot simpler and quicker for me.

Our affiliate program used to be an in-house hacked together solution. Cake has saved us so much time.

Cons

I'm still learning some of the technical aspects to affiliate marketing and feel some of their knowledge base articles aren't simple enough.

Response from CAKE

Thank you for your review, we're so happy to hear that you're pleased with our platform and your interaction with the client success team! Thank you also for letting us know about your need for simpler tutorials on the Knowledge Base, we will be sure to take a look at how we can improve that resource for our customers. Thank you again for taking the time to review CAKE!

Very powerful affiliate tracking platform

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

CAKE has been a strong platform for our affiliate program for a number of years now. It allows us to efficiently manage our affliates.

Pros

Tracking down to subid level
Easy implementation of partner postbacks and pixels.

Cons

Not well localized for European date formats and number formats
No scheduling of payout changes in events

Response from CAKE

Hi there! Thank you for your review, we're glad to hear that you're happy with our product and would recommend it to others! In regards to the European date and number formats, is your platform currently configured to the wrong format for your business? If so, please reach out to your Client Success Manager or the support team who can assist you in getting this resolved. As for the payout changes on Events, though we do not have a scheduling feature for this currently, we would love to discuss the challenge you're facing and how we could help to resolve it, there are a few options that might help to alleviate the issue. Again, thank you for taking your time to review our product and providing us with feedback on how we could address the challenges you're currently facing.

Isabel K.

Helps Us Acheive Our Goals Everyday

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Pros

Cake presents very detailed data about what we are looking for. I am able to filter and see the data in whichever way I need. I like that you are able to see data by phone type, medium, media, etc. Being able to login to the affiliate's view is also helpful when troubleshooting issues.
Cake's support team is also very helpful and is prompt at responding. They have helped me multiple times with issues and even scheduled phone calls to personally help.

Cons

There is a slight learning curve with certain Cake processes. There are times when you need to do something in a particular step or save multiple times otherwise it will not work. I have learned to take the precautions and make sure everything is working.

Response from CAKE

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to review our product, we're so happy to hear that you're able to get the level of support that you need from both our product and team!

Laura F.

Got CAKE?

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

Pros

I've been using the CAKE platform with prior companies for years, so I was ecstatic to be able to use it again. What I love most is the quick responses from all members of the Technical Support Team. If you have an issue or unsure about a feature, they don't miss a beat to guide you!

Cons

I don't like the new navigation layout. I quickly switched back to the old.

Response from CAKE

Thank you for your review, we're so happy to hear that you're excited to be using our product again! We would love to better understand your concerns with the new navigation in hopes of improving the experience for all customers, please feel free to provide this information directly to your Client Success Manager. Again, thank you for taking the time to review CAKE!

Nykiya M.

User Friendly, Easy to Use Platform

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Pros

Very easy to use and user friendly design. Customizable user roles and reporting capabilities are very helpful for controlling visibility across our company's different team members.

Cons

The mobile app doesn't offer all the functions I'd like to see. The mobile web version also has some glitches that limit what you can do.

Response from CAKE

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to review CAKE! We're happy to hear about your success on our product and would love to learn more about what you would like to accomplish within the mobile application or on the mobile web version as we hope to make some enhancements to it in the near future. Again, thank you for your review and likelihood to recommend CAKE!

Warren S.

CAKE Review, Completely Satisfied

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

Pros

Simplicity in navigation, campaign build-out, integration, customization and exceptional support and customer service.

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind is a recent need to post our "Lead Detail, by Buyer" to a post URL. It's currently being resolved by referring us to iFrame Media who is building out the API for us.

Response from CAKE

Hi there! Thank you for taking your time to review our product, we are so happy to hear that you're satisfied with the product and support you're receiving with CAKE!

Making affiliate business a cake walk

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Pros

CAKE has some really great features, and allows us to work directly with affiliates without having to go through networks that take huge commissions .

Cons

The design of the GUI could be a little nicer, but that's just nitpicking, and also depends on personal preference, I guess.

Response from CAKE

Thank you for taking the time to review CAKE! We appreciate your feedback and we're happy to hear that you value our product!

Julie K.

Cake is easy as pie to use

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

I can integrate with 3rd parties and it is very easy to do, plus I can send my affiliates their tracking so I know that it matches up and there is no room for discrepancy. I like the ease of the reporting system.

Pros

I like that it gives me stats in real time, I can check pixel fires, real time reporting, mobile tracking etc.

Cons

Sometimes its a bit hard to reach support on busy days, but all in all they are very helpful.

6.0/10

Cake is running a lot of ad networks

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Pros

As an affiliate, Cake makes the process of selecting and running offers each. With so many ad networks using this platform, it also makes the learning curve and consistency quite nice as well.

Cons

On the advertiser/client side, CAKE isn't the cheapest solution around, but it's also a top player. Seeing more customization options would be nice, so it's not so familiar and similar to other platforms running it as a network solution.

Response from CAKE

Hi there!

Thank you so much for your review, we're so happy to hear about your success with our product. We would love to better understand what you're looking for in terms of more customization options. If you would like to discuss with us further, feel free to email us at [email protected]

Thanks!

Agna P.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Bud J.

New user but so far so good

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2017/09/15

Pros

I do think this software is much easier to use than others, I really like the overall look and design as well as the end result.