Kanbanize

Kanban software for agile project and portfolio management.

Andrea H.

Best Kanban-Tool on the Market

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

We have supported a large organisation (market leader in aviation) transferring over 5k Users and several hundred boards from another kanban-tool provider (one which is amongst the market leaders) to Kanbanize. The impact and outcome was significant. Kanbanize offers a customer service that we haven't experienced anywhere else, they exceeded our naturally high expectations by far. We could also see that the engagement of the user-community increased drastically with the new tool; the reporting is integrated and takes a lot less effort than before, in combination with the additional options to customize (e. g. custom fields) it has been a real win for everyone, Execs, Managers, Team-Members. The tool helps generating more benefits, and apart all the cost that can be saved for reporting and admin tasks, the tool itself comes for a price which is less than half of the former provider.

Pros

Kanbanize has amazing features. It's a very intuitive front end, it nicely visualizes complex projects and processes, is highly customizable, allows easy work-delegation across different hierarchies and teams, provides just the right amount of information needed to drive management focus and delivers meaningful, again highly customizable, data to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement.
We chose it because it serves every need a large organisation might have, from small agile teams, via complex process flows to NPI projects with hundreds of people involved.
The best of all features are the business rules though; with that the admnistration burden which we experienced as the No 1 reason for resistance is reduced to a minimum and the automation also helps the standardization of how work is executed and accelerates the engagement of all involved parties.
And the best quality is the Kanbanize team itself, they are not only highly customer-oriented, but they realease new features on a monthly basis and evolve much faster (and robust) than any competitor.

Cons

The only point I can come up with is that it would be nice if we could fully hide swim lanes that are currently not of interest, like it can be done in excel.

Robert F.

Complete Kanban Method

Reviewed on 2020/06/08

For a product of this sophistication, the learning curve is very gentle. You can quickly implement and benefit from the most useful features. The support, documentation and the training facilities are excellent. Virtually everything you might want to do to implement the complete Kanban method is at your fingertips.

Pros

I most like its ease of use; breadth of features; analytics; portfolio kanban; regular improvements; excellent support; integration capabilities

Cons

I have not found anything particularly unlikable

Carlo G.

The ultimate Kanban Board

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

Pros

I suggest Kanbanize sincerely to anyone who wants to implement a modern Kanban system, maybe it can be even better than physical boards

Cons

I would love a freemium version that is not limited in time, but only with limited functionality.
I think it could help many love this software as much as I do.

Sergey E.

Best Kanban tool

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

Implementing big Kanban systems is not easy. Lots of task/cards, teams in different locations, lack of metrics and indicators, etc could make it really challenging.
Kanbanize solves all these problems and gives many additional features to improve the efficiency.

Pros

Great set of features. Full support for any Kanban scenario (both IT and non-IT).
Very useful integration API (REST).
The tool itself and integration API are very stable and bugless.
There is very interesting mechanism for sharing information with 3-rd party stakeholders. E.g. use to share project status with a final client.
Really good support (both technical and commercial)

Cons

Pricing for small teams could be improved

Response from BusinessMap

Hi Sergey.

Annette V.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Kanbanize makes it easy to work with the Kanban method as it is intended

Reviewed on 2018/11/24

Visualizing what has up till now been invisible. Using Kanbanize has introduced an increased sense of urgency and have allowed my teams to focus. This has in fact decreased the stress level, and I have had comments such as: "It is such a relief that I now only have to focus on few activities. Before I was hopping between 10 different tasks, but now I have only 2". Kanbanize helps to stick to the WiP limits agreed.

Managers also see a big advantage in the overview they get over their teams and work progress. They can also see why activities get blocked, and many start to react on what they see. This has strengthened the communication between teams and their managers

Pros

Kanbanize is made for Kanban. This becomes very clear when you have had to use other SW that does not really support visualization and flexibility to the extent that you would like. Kanbanize is really easy to use and you can adjust your boards so they fit the specific contexts that you are working in. Making workflows that fit your situation is very simple, just as playing with colors, working with different types of blockers and sticky notes are built in.
There are a lot of online tutorials that can help you get started and can give you answers to probably any question you may have.

Cons

The analytics part require that you take a deeper look into what you want to measure and how you interpret the reports. But I guess that is a 'must' anyway if you want to know the progress of your team or organization

Response from BusinessMap

Thanks for your review Annette!

We appreciate your feedback and your endorsement. If you ever need anything, we're online and ready to help!

Gerry K.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Best Kanban platform I've ever used (and I've used many)

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

Kanbanize is my tool of choice for myself and the clients I consult for, because it provides a great user experience, incredibly adaptable to orginizational needs, at a very reasonable price.

Pros

So flexible! It's the Swiss army knife of tools, the easiest I've ever seen for designing boards/workflows, very intuitive.

I like synchronizing data automatically across cards, which enables work on one card to be shared across multiple boards. I've not seen this capability on any other tool I've used.

Support is top notch also, my requests are answered quickly and in-depth.

Cons

With flexibility can come overwhelm of choices. Trying to find the right place to configure something isn't always intuitive.

Rob V.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Perhaps the most complete Kanban software you can get

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

Pros

The board editor allows you to create really flexible board layouts with -for example- different worklows per swimlane. High-level tickets that have (smaller) child-tickets linked to them can show progress and status of all connected children. The reports and stistics that Kanbanize can generate are top of class.

Cons

Just one thing: you can only see 1 assignee on the face of your Kanban-tickets. It would be nice to have the possibility to assign more people to one task.

Dima V.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Kanbanize - a game-changer

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants to manage tasks, tickets and project features. I would use it on every project I am committed to, if possible!

Pros

The organizing ability of this software is phenomenal! The lanes and the columns are highly customisable and can be organised to custom-suit the project. Each ticket can be colour-coded so one can immediately see their distribution. It is also great to be able to link tickets.

Cons

It is a very complex software, and without proper training, one will not be able to utilise its full potential.

Thasigan C.

Extremely satisfied.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Ability to manage my workload.

Pros

Ease of use, filter functionality. I can plan my week in advance then filter out the noise and stay focused.

Cons

The linking of tickets to other tickets needs a little bit of work. You have to create a ticket first then go back and link it.

Response from BusinessMap

Hi Thasigan. Thank you for spending the time to write this review. We really appreciate the feedback.

Ilias M.

Best Kanban tool

Reviewed on 2021/03/05

Pros

I like most the way that kanbanize has been designed. Friendly, Effective and Efficient UX/UI.
Excellent features for tracking portfolio and projects(timelines, initiatives,tasks).
Card details and custom fields.
Business Rule is the robust feature, it's adaptive easy to use and learn.
Metrics and measurements features contains everything.
Integration with all known tools.
BEST support ever !!!

Cons

We apply kanban in nonIT department where there are many categories and we forced to use the swimlanes as "big categories" in order to cluster our work instead of time COS.
I would like to see the dependencies between different swimlanes in another visual view. I don't have something specific but it's not easy to distinct some dependencies when they lie on different swimlanes

Nk S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Kanbanize is a great tools for doing almost anything

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

I am an Enterprise Agile Coach. I have been using Kanbanize to track progress of the teams that I am coaching. I have also used it for tracking our sales pipeline. It has worked great in both the situations.

Pros

Visualization, ease of use, metrics and features

Cons

Nothing so that I have notices so far. It works great for me.

Luca V.

Perfect solutions

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Pros

a perfect solution for managing projects in teams

Cons

nothing, it is important to know the basics of the agile framework to be able to make the most of the functionalities

Kaboelsoengkono K.

Reviewed on 2021/03/06

I'm using Kanbanize primarily to demo and visualize the practical use of Kanban in my KU Kanban and ICAgile ICP-MKG, ICP-BAF training classes

Pros

Ease of use and have the system setup up

Cons

I would love to be able to shrink objects on the screen to get a better overall view

Joel H.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Really easy tool to use

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Has helped me get the best out of Kanban and ensuring best Kanban practices are implemented.

Pros

Really good interface and really easy to use, especially for first time users.

Cons

Analytics section can be tricky to use.

Iordanka I.

Good for IT, Marketing, Sales and everything in between.

Reviewed on 2016/03/30

This software was the missing link between the various teams working on different projects. The email integration has hooked me off my inbox and made all my emails actionable, the collaboration module powered by Moxtra has helped us move away from the copious other tools we were using haphazardly and don't even get me started about Kanban as a method. The method wasn't too popular in my industry but it has worked miracles for our efficiency and productivity as a team!

Liya A.

Reviewed on 2017/02/08

Philip L.

Everything You Need a Kanban Board to Do

Reviewed on 2020/06/08

We use Kanban for everything we do as a company, and we also try to get our clients to use it as we work with them. We try to use physical boards when we can, but as time has gone on, this has become less and less viable. Even colocated teams have started to prefer electronic tools and putting them up on monitors in common areas instead of physical boards.

Because we use kanban so heavily and rely on metrics for so much, we had a hard time finding online solutions that did everything we needed to do. Kanbanize is one of the few that let us configure the value stream on the board the way we needed to, and when you combine it with the suite of metrics it offers (which are metrics we always used to keep in Excel), it's really one of a kind. If you use kanban heavily and you really use everything about it, Kanbanize is a perfect product well worth the price.

Pros

I primarily liked that the board does everything you need for a variety of situations. Many online kanban boards have some kind of limitation that makes them less than ideal, like no swim lanes or no ability to have subcolumns with a common WIP limit. Kanbanize is flexible enough to cover every situation.

The "initiatives" layer of the board was not something we were looking for originally but came to appreciate. Usually, setting something like that up requires some careful board nesting and coordination, but Kanbanize does it automatically. If you want more granularity, the built-in initiatives feature may not be enough, but it's good enough to cover most usage scenarios.

The metrics are the same as the ones we keep, manually, so being able to automatically generate those is great.

Cons

The flexibility does take a little time to get used to because so much is offered, but there is an extensive knowledge base. There is also only a limited ability to change a card's historical data, like time spent in various columns, but a lot of online kanban software is like that as well. Also, you get what you pay for, and although I think Kanbanize is the best product out there, it's also one of the more expensive options. Not as expensive as some, but still near the top.

Marco D.

Simply the best

I love it

Pros

Kanbanize is a simple to use, nice to experience, friendly to interact software to realize quickly and in an effective way a REAL kanban board. It has a lot of features and it is able to scale in enterprise, without becoming difficult for a small business or for a single user on personal projects. The support is friendly and always asking for feedbacks from users, to continuously improve the product.

Cons

Missing some integrations (mail clients, ifttt, integromat...)

Mark G.

The Only Kanban Software I Recommend

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

I like to describe Kanbanize as the Swiss Army Knife for IT leaders in mid-sized businesses. Since we at Xuviate started talking about it in our IT Leader Masterminds and 1-1 Coaching sessions so many individuals started playing with it and later adopted the software ... to the point where there is currently no other main-stream Kanban software that is regularly used by any of the IT leaders we interact with. This is both testament to the quality of the product as well as the ability of Kanbanize to stay ahead of what users need.

Pros

- The software is extremely flexible and supports almost any use-case
- It is super easy for people to get started (even if they have never used Kanban before or are not in IT)
- It is not just another Kanban tool and right from the start it is clear how Kanbanize (the company) is trying to change the way we run our businesses (e.g. by supporting and evangelising Portfolio Kanban)
- The reporting engine is top-notch and provides both overview and many drill-down opportunities

Cons

- Individuals often are role players on multiple boards. Currently there is no easy way to show all tasks assigned to an individual and to properly prioritise daily workload.
- No integration with their personal Kanban tool flow-e exists at the moment

Wout G.

Start finishing

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

It helps us to work much more efficient

Pros

It's very simple to use en helpt visualize
and prioritize the work of your team/company

Cons

One overview overall of my one cards...

Response from Kanbanize

Hi Wout,
Thank you for your feedback! Happy to hear Kanbanize is helping you increase your efficiency.

Agnes A.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Kanbanize Journey

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

Exciting, challenging and wonderful learning experience.

Pros

Straightforward and user-friendly. The information about most of the features I need are all available online. The support responds on time and follow up with me until solution is achieved. The specialist we have in connection with is also insightful and ready to help. We get reasonable advice and commendable suggestions. The features evolve overtime and my observations are taken always into consideration. We have just renewed our subscription and I tell you, most of I need even about renewal or payment is available online.

Cons

Extracting more than 5k data result which, by workaround, advised by support was resolved.
Analytics in the beginning which I also get to understand after board and users mature overtime.

Response from Kanbanize

Hi Agnes,

Becci W.

Goodbye Jira, Hello Kanbanize for IT Devops

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

The customer service from this company is like no other. I looked at over 20+ vendors when moving my IT Program with 15 teams, but this one beat them all hands down. They run their ticket support by .. yep, kanban and it is exceptional. Even though I am in Australia in a time zone on the opposite side of the world.

Pros

Kanbanize makes doing multiple types of work with 3 different workflows by one team, on one board so easy. You would need 3 boards in Jira and it is impossible! By contrast, Kanbanize is sooo easy to use, and you don’t need an IT degree to set it up. Our marketing teams use it too.

Cons

Would love to see something no other software does like multi-team prioritisation and estimated cycle time. (Oh, but they’re working on that soon to release too!)
Wish they put their knowledge base and help videos in the one place.

Response from BusinessMap

Hi Becci.

Keith H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Kanbanize as a business tool

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

We love Kanbanize as a product as well as the support team.
We use it to manage our strategic planning and operational processes including resource planning and sales pipeline.
With clients we use it in a variety of ways to fit their specific need. The flexibility really helps us to adapt to their current context.

Pros

The flexibility to configure the workspaces, boards, workflows, cards and everything else is brilliant because it allows us to adapt to meet our specific processes and needs. The ability to create relationships between boards and between cards allows visibility and traceability across the organisation.

Cons

It's a really minor point but the way the software interacts with large touch screens varies on different web browsers - sometimes it's hard to drag cards or stickers around but it can be overcome easily by using a mouse.

Response from Kanbanize

Thank you for your review, Keith.
We are happy to hear our software has brought visibility and transparency into your organization!

Matthew P.

Amazing; best in class

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

Top-notch product and people; I can't imagine my work or personal life without Kanbanize.

Pros

Board design is easy, has exactly what I need and nothing of what I don't need.

Cons

Not great on mobile devices, though I typically don't need to use it on mobile.

Michael S.

I've used Kanbanize for several years and am impressed with its functionality and ease-of use

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

The software provides horizontal swim lanes, which many of the Kanban based products did have. I also like the flexible licensing models.

Cons

I think the biggest drawback is that you cannot convert the subtasks into individual cards and cannot assign due dates to subtasks.

Response from BusinessMap

Hi Michael. Thank you for the good words. And thank you for spending the time to write this review. We really appreciate it.