3,4
3,6
3,4
2,8
Stephanie M.

Everyone who calls my business raves about eVoice

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

You know it's great when your callers hear the jazz classic "Take Five" when their call is being routed to you. I hear positive comments about my phone system all the time. With eVoice, it's possible to take a one-person company and make it sound like a big corporation.

Pros

Having my calls follow me everywhere is a big plus. When someone calls in, the phone rings on up to three numbers, sequentially or simultaneously, so I never miss a call. I love the ability to return a call through the eVoice app on my cell phone and have my business phone number appear as the caller id. I like that you are able to choose a toll-free or a local number. Voicemail messages are transcribed and sent via email, and you can return a call with one click!

Cons

Sometimes, the voicemail transcription doesn't match the caller's message, which can result in confusion, but if it doesn't make sense, you just listen to it. If you choose not to record your own messages or not to use their professionally recorded message (free for the first one), the computer generated voice sounds robotic.

Charles L.
Industry: Music

Stay Away in 2020

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

Used evoice for my business for years. Everything was going good until it started redirecting me to a strange page appx 7 months ago whenever I tried to log into my desktop & mobile app [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] It is a totally unrelated evoice site.

Evoice could never tell me why this was happening, or what this page is, but insisted that they give me a new password every time I had to call in which would end up working..... until the next time I tried to log in. It was a pretty scary thing, especially since they could never give me a description of this strange page, or why it was even happening - both on my desktop and on their mobile app. I was forced to call in almost daily.

Since I have zero time to be calling just so that I can log in to check messages, etc., I recently canceled my acct.

All I can say to folks is........ BE VERY VERY CAREFUL.

Pros

Easy to use but the con far outweighs the pros.

Cons

It appears Evoice's system is hacked by some foreign entity.

Industry: Accounting

Not a good fit for me

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Setup is not intuitive or user friendly, an innocent setting change locked me out of my account and required support resetting things which meant I had to start over. I like to DIY things but the interface was confusing and the support documents were lacking.

While I got notification of messages, they never showed in the message center. The mobile app was useless as it never worked right despite troubleshooting, uninstall and reinstall.

I could never get my business number (through another provider) to forward to my eVoice number and after all of the small issues I had settings things up and getting help, I am not interested in porting the number in. Since I wasn't able to get the intended benefits out of the service, I decided to cancel but that has been easier said than done.

Whenever I try to call their support number, more often than not the call drops before I can get help. I don't have a problem with any other calls dropping so it must be an issue with their system. They require you to cancel by phone but after almost 10 attempts over several days, I haven't been able to get to a human being before getting disconnected somewhere in the middle of navigating their auto-attendant system.

Pros

There are a lot of features and customization options available to help meet most of the phone needs for a small business. The auto-attendant, scheduling and routing options are great once you figure out how to use them and you can use an robotic greeting, upload your own or get a professional recording.

Once I got it configured correctly, it's a great option to route income calls.

Cons

The help documentation is limited and lacking in depth, most of the keywords I searched didn't yield results and the instructions I did find weren't comprehensive enough. Email support is very slow, phone support is ok but I had issues with calls dropping several times before I could speak to an agent. Messages do not show in my message center and the mobile app is so slow and buggy as to be useless.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Stephen P.
Industry: Wholesale

They don't offer any upgrades in features but love to update their billing instead.

Reviewed on 2020/08/29

Terrible

Pros

Pricing. afdfasfasfasfafafaffd

Cons

Terrible customer service and never offer any additional features as others within this industry have had for years

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

El D.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Poor service

Reviewed on 2020/07/18

Pros

If they can’t even answer their own telephones what makes you think they can answer businesses?

The answer is they did not and made a lot of fake promises

Cons

All above
Nothing pertinent to add at all

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Company size: Self Employed

eVoice fits my business needs

Reviewed on 2017/08/18

Pros

Simplified pricing for solopreneurs and professionals.
Basic features are easy to use.
Up-time and reliable service.
Customer support is available when you need them.
Easy to upgrade as needed.

Cons

Would like to an easy-to-use interface and advanced features.
Would like a single sign-on while using multiple products within brand.
Would like Pay-per-call telephone answering/message taking
Mobile app is convenient, but uses cell phone service to make calls versus allowing data/wifi connection when roaming or when phone service is not available.

Industry: Writing & Editing

eVoice is a great alternative to a full-time receptionist or live answering service.

Reviewed on 2018/12/26

Pros

Our firm cannot justify the expense of hiring a receptionist or answering service. Therefore the features and functionality of eVoice is a perfect fit for us.

Cons

I wish eVoice was a bit less expensive. But, I'd have to say that the features are a great value.

Susan B.
Industry: Management Consulting

Horrible Service. Zero Accountability

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/06/24

Bad. Really bad.

Pros

Nothing. Nothing is worth bad service in my world. Not ever.

This is my second pass at trying eVoice. I used them several years ago. Was frustrated with their horrible customer service, left and never thought of them again. Until a client wanted my feedback on their current services and features. So I signed up again and ... well... the features may seem wonderful, and eVoice can do a lot (supposedly) BUT if you have an issue or try to cancel. Fuggedaboutit.

Cons

Seriously. They will provide the lowest class of service at the lowest base point possible, and then they will charge you (repeatedly) for cancelled service.

And if you take a moment and try to Google for reviews, you'll notice something quite interesting. They haven't claimed their business on Google. Even though they are based in San Francisco. Even though they are a startup. Even though they've been around for awhile.

One guess as to why.

I've learned my lesson. On to brighter pastures.

Industry: E-Learning

Good software for the money

Reviewed on 2018/08/19

Pros

The price of the software is what attracted me most about it. I also loved the fact that there can be voicemails as I am not able to answer the call every time. What I found great is the ability to choose your own number as well.

Cons

Sometimes, some cuts are present but very short ones so this is absolutely not as important.

Patricia M.
Industry: Utilities

One number Keeps you in Touch

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

This one number rings right in with all my business related number to my cell phone

Pros

I like that one number keeps me in touch with all my business callings. It was easy to sign up for this service and within a few minutes it was set up.

Cons

I wished they had more numbers for my area