Highrise

Simple CRM for tracking leads and managing follow ups

Blake B.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Great lightweight CRM software

Reviewed on 2019/11/23

Great! Store hundreds of contacts in a cloud based database and easily zip through them. They can be tagged however you imagine. The problem is that it takes a lot of time at the end of the day/week/month/cycle to go through and categorize them. I wish there were more automated workflows.

Pros

If you're ever skeptical that you need a heavy piece of software like Salesforce or Microsoft's CRM, you're probably right. This is lightweight, zippy, and constantly has new features that are coming out from the team behind Basecamp.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to remind me of my follow ups. I don't like manually having to set the next follow up date. There's still a lot of human involvement in the software.

Maria lenin L.

Effective Task Delegation and Management for Remote Workers

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Pros

What I like about Highrise is that all communication, attachment, employees, employee profile and notes are stored in Highrise. You can easily backtrack on employees profile, projects handled, commendation, areas for improvement for future promotion recommendation or to assess a resigned employee and wants to go back. Groups can be formed per project and you can add all emails of the employees within the group. Each group has its own designated high rise and each member will receive emails and important information or actions to be taken that should be addressed by the group to close a case. This is a cloud based application to track all open cases within a project to easily assign the action item to the person or group to accomplish tasks within given timeline.

Cons

The key here is to document everything in High rise and handle all open cases within a given time frame. However, each project or case should have a designated Team Leader to give directions per case and assign tasks within the group step by step and close the case if done. If no Leadership and delegation, still everyone can open the case if he/she is included in the team without knowing what needs to be done or who should be tapped in order for the case to move. Some cases should already been closed but was not tracked well. Some forget to put notes or document daily itinerary, progress and failures. If this happens, this software fails to achieve what the application was built for.

Selena N.

Great Price and Great functionality - Hard to Navigate at first

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Highrise has a computer and phone app which makes it super convenient for checking tasks when you're away from your desk. I love the many options you get when you use the software, The emailing system could be better, but honestly it gets the job done for the price. You can save templates and store databases as well. Its a great system.

Pros

You have a lot of options with Highrise. You can send mass emails, store databases, assign tasks to employees, set reminders, and more! Great task manager in my opinion.

Cons

The UI is hard to navigate at first. The tabs on the side are simple enough to understand, but I definitely think it could be organized and maybe explained a little better. But I have tried similar software and they have similar issues. Still this is my favorite.

Laura W.

I love Highrise! It feels like a trusted friend--keeping and sharing precious the information...

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

Clean and clear design is cheerful and makes it easy to find and read information. The layout makes sense to me. Sharing notes and contacts in our small business makes all of us as smart about our customers as any one of us is. The easily customized tags and filters enables me to store information the way my brain works for sorting contacts. Easy import/export is fantastic as well.

Cons

I'd like the feature of notifying someone about a posted message to be available on a forwarded message as well. Doesn't currently seem to be. Flip side of customizing tags is that different people can inadvertantly create different tag names for essentially the same thing, making it easy to miss on the list you want. The benefit far outweighs this problem in my mind, but it has been a drawback for some of my colleagues.

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

It's been very helpful tool for managing data

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Pros

Easy to use and clean interface. The import and export tool works fantastic and I like the way how new features are brought into the system that helps the user to push the needle and achieve more and better organized.

Cons

I'd say I do not like anything least about Highrise, but it would be great to have the ms-outlook integration just as other new CRMs provide so it makes life easy to work with email client and highrise all at the same time.

Kelly K.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

I have used highrise for 3 different companies and it an easy platform to use overall.

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

Easy access to client information, tasking coworkers or yourself. User friendly and keeps me organized.

Pros

Easy access to clients and the ability to leave notes for anyone involved in the case. Tasking is simple and all laid out for you.

Cons

Sometimes you want to be able to share information with clients and with this system you are not able to.

Kyle B.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great CRM and Note Software

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Pros

I had the privilege of using highrise when our organization was starting up and note taking was integral, but not vital to our success. Highrise is a great tool with good logging of history and a user-friendly and clean interface

Cons

The system doesn't always have the deep info set that many have come to expect out of CRMs. This is the reason that we ended up leaving for a different tool.

• Used Other for 2+ years

Solid site with solid support. I had looked at SOOOO many others. This one was the best fit...

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

I use the free version, and it has been adequate for my needs. It allows me to enter all my contacts in a spreadsheet which I find easier and then upload them. I can easily track the contacts that I've had with prospects.

I'm a sole proprietor so I don't need anything fancy like tracking proposals and the like, but I am very picky about how information is presented to me on a program, how much control I have over the details that I'd like to track, and how quickly I can access information. This program allows me all these things.

Pros

- easy of use
- flexible to customize
- VERY responsive customer support
- can import and export contacts
- frequently updated

Cons

- it takes a little getting use to, but it's the learning curve isn't bad at all

Martin S.

Fast and lightweight CRM software with very attractive pricing

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Pros

Very affordable, just enough features to work like a charm, easy to understand and use, zero training software

Cons

APIs only good for the first 20 hours of coding, lack of triggers, hooks and customizability (partially on purpose for good reasons)

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Brought some clarity to our practice's marketing efforts

Reviewed on 2020/03/22

Pros

As a large practice, we have both clinicians and physician liaison's marketing to local healthcare providers and the community. Prior to Highrise, we relied on individual communications on our targets and recent visits. It was disjointed and often resulted in redundant efforts or gaps in coverage. Highrise allows us to easily communicate who we visited with and when. It also allws us to make notes visible to team members and provide a single platform to house information on all our community and healthcare relationships. The alerts and notification emails highlighting recent events is useful as well. I highly recommend using Highrise.

Cons

For a large organization, the news feed isn't very useful. Perhaps if it was region specific it would be helpful but currently it is simply noise.

Peter C.

We have tried nearly everything on the market and for value and ease of use, nothing compares.

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Time and ease with which we can onboard users.

Pros

Simply the best value on the market today. Simple, effective and flexible for most needs. If a specific function is not included it is usually available via Zapier integration

Cons

We would like to see further development of the mobile applications specifically file management with drag and drop functionality on iOS

This system was very easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

I was able to get customer information and communication organized.

Pros

This system was very easy to navigate. I would recommend this CRM for its ease of use. There were not many intricate features.

Cons

It would be nice if there was team communication for this software. Additionally, there was no good way to track monetary values.

Renee B.

Simple but Great

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

Pros

High rise is extremely straightforward, clean, and user friendly. The tasks are extremely easy to manage and team leaders get great insight into what everyone is working on. We rely heavily on the email integration for logging customer account activity and assigning accounts.

Cons

With simplicity comes limitations. This CRM serves our small company well, but for a bigger company with mare email marketing this is not going to offer you the most robust features

Trey G.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Very helpful CRM for small business

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Pros

The dropbox features is better than any other CRM I've used. As long as you link your email with Highrise and use your custom dropbox email address as a BCC, you can have any email you send show up in Highrise automatically (assigned to the correct party). This makes it really easy for multiple employees to interface with the same client and stay in the loop.

Cons

Highrise could do a better job of identifying duplicate contacts or merging clients with the same email domain address.

Osa L.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Because it's by Basecamp, you know it will save you time and money

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Pros

Highrise is easy to use, extremely intuitive, and very affordable. Highrise is built by Basecamp and it has it's own cult following. If you want an easy way to keep track of your customers and potential customers and you want it to mirror the human experience, and not feel stuck with the process you're forced into by your CRM, then you should try Highrise.

Cons

A lot of organizations are used to Salesforce, so it's hard to get people who have used highrise, or organizations that are willing to use Highrise, so even if you like Highrise you may find yourself having to use a different platform based on the organization you work with.

Benedikt V.

Happy customer

Reviewed on 2016/07/13

We love Highrise because of its user friendliness, the many features in the meantime (and this is increasing ever more!). Great support team to, very much on the ball!

Pros

Pritty much everything

Cons

There is no reporting features, but there are nice workarounds for that

Laura B.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Good and easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Valuable means of organising contacts, storing important communication threads and personal notes.

Pros

Good contact data base management where I can refer back to important conversation threads which might go amiss in a busy inbox. Also good for a Virtual Assistant to be able to access remotely.

Cons

It used to interface with gmail but has now stopped that and will no longer receive upgrades, which is a shame.

Puneet R.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Highrise - Clunky software

Reviewed on 2019/06/23

Pros

Pros -
- It has all the basic feature but then that cannot be counted as Pros

Cons

Cons
- The parent company has stopped investing in this software. So, the product is old and clunky and no scope for improvement
- The product doesn't have user-friendly/intuitive software
- The customer service is only via email. So, not helpful at all.

Amanda W.

It gets the job done.

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Pros

I think it's great for a company that has more than 10 employees and really helps with organization among your team.

Cons

Found that the system was sometimes hard to navigate. There's a bit of a learning curve when you first start using the system.

David D.

Over the years, Highrise has always been a great tool for me to manage my project leads and...

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Pros

I am not a sales person, I am a developer, but Highrise makes it easy for me to keep track of things. It's integration into email, the way I work, makes it a breeze to use.

Cons

I've used software in the past (a now defunct site) that aggregated info scraped from google, twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to give me more insight into the contacts that I had. I would like at least a little bit of that automation in Highrise.

Dawn H.

Highrise CRM

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

Overall good product. Just what we needed for tracking. Many other software had too many bells and whistles and learning curve, this one does not have a hard learning curve

Pros

Easy to use, not too many bells and whistles that complicate overall use. Desktop and mobile capabilities

Cons

Not really a lot of "Cons", the Mobile View could be easier to view for older eyes. The name doesn't reflect the purpose.

Christian P.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

best basic CRM for sales also very useful for non-sales Customer Relationships

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

keeping track of suppliers, merchants and manufacturers is trivial and I can easily store everyone's deal, offers, invoices and make negotiations without ever loosing a beat

Pros

few basic features and are easily understood and can apply to many situations. this makes highrise very generic. But this generality comes at a price, the admin must adopt the account and adjust things to their situation. in small companies this won't be a problem but for larger more complex scenarios either highrise won't fit or the situation must be adapted to the software

Cons

mobile app and mobile website vastly differ, app can't do many things such as upload attachments. app is better suited for on the road mobile access to the data and the contacts and their details.

Kevin L.

pretty good

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Pros

I see the software as robust and adaptable, it de-dups people, general ease of imports, user interface is good.

Cons

The search option is weak, needs work - results are difficult to read and undrestnd
cannot de-dup companies

Craig I.

Reviewed on 2015/11/09

Diane K.
  • Industry: Sports

Does what is is supposed to

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

It provided what we needed, but just was a bit more time consuming and clunky than I wanted.

Pros

It is easily accessible on a computer and ability to keep all information in one place. The free trial was a nice option.

Cons

It was not as mobile friendly as I would have liked. The categories to classify things had to be worked around to make it useful for our needs which was a bit cumbersome.