Highrise CRM Reviews

Highrise CRM

Simple CRM for tracking leads and managing follow ups

4.5/5 (112 reviews)
Vicki F.

A Database Program That Has Multiple Functions

Reviewed on 2016/01/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Before we began using Highrise, we thought that we were going to have to hire someone to create a database for us, then hire someone to maintain it. When we discovered Highrise, this solved our issues. We are an executive search firm, and Highrise allows us to keep track of every job candidate who sends us a resume. We have their contact information at our fingertips, and we can attach their resumes and any other pertinent info to their Highrise entry. We have also found it extremely useful to use the tags. In this way, we can differentiate our candidates by the type of work that they do, and also by what positions they have applied for in the past. If we are trying to reach out to someone with a financial background, we do a Highrise search using our financial tag, and everyone who has financial experience will come up in the search. We can even narrow it down to region, city, state or zip code. We like using the notes so that any of our team members who look at a Highrise entry can see if there's anything about a particular candidate another team member found notable during a phone conversation, for example. We also really like how integrated Highrise is with LinkedIn, because we use LinkedIn quite a bit.
There are a lot of features of Highrise that are automatic that help us a lot. For instance, as long as a person's profile in Highrise has their email address, we can forward emails to a dedicated Dropbox email and Highrise will automatically pick it up and add it to that person's Highrise profile.

Cons

It's not very hard to overwrite an entry and you have to be careful when you are importing contacts from other software programs. It's time consuming when setting up the database to enter all of the data, however, Highrise has made it as easy as possible.

Bismark D.

The most useful CRM I know. The features available are the most widely used. Powerful & Intuitive

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

I have been able to keep under control interactions with my customers regarding both sales and customer service. By using tasks, I never missed a follow up, an employee's birthday or anniversary. The software has given me a great sense of control and made it look simple.

Pros

I have been running two companies for the last ten years out of Highrise CRM. PROS: Only useful features included. I use ALL the features in highrise and feel that nothing is lacking. I can do sales, customer service out of the same database for two companies. The tags structure allows me to segment my contacts like no other system I have ever tried. The ability to now send mass emails to segments of or my entire database is extremely useful. The ability to create custom fields and then be able to search by them as well is simply amazing. Task management is very simple in Highrise, perhaps, the most intuitive I have ever seen. Deals and the search capabilities are the icing on the cake, but what truly sets this CRM apart from all its competition is how simple it is to use. You can start using it immediately. No videos to watch or learn. The system is that intuitive. I highly recommend this CRM to anyone running a small to mid size business.

Cons

From my perspective there are only two "cons" regarding Highrise. The first is the absence of a calendar, and second the inability to establish "relationships" between different objects in the database.

Ivan C.

Highrise packs a lot of power for a great price

Reviewed on 2018/02/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It's not sales force, but as a CRM tool it's got to be one of the better priced options considering the features.

Pros

I love Highrise. It offers great tagging with the ability to filter companies by tag and include employees of those companies (so you don't have to tag all employees). You can use it for broadcast email, although the bounce and spam rates are pretty tight to know you off the system. It will auto record all emails sent to clients using a BCC to highrise feature so you can store all interactions and make them available across all employees. You can add custom fields as well for mail merge. The desktop UX is great. The mobile UX is OK. The mobile apps are getting better. That's the main thing I like, they announce new features and functions routinely and it's getting better all the time.

Cons

I noticed that the broadcast email bounce signals were too tight the first time I used it. I sent something out to all my clients, but I work with restaurants and some email addresses were dead and they shut me down temporarily. Real email tools won't be so stringent. Could have improved since that effort as that was when it first came out.

Kyle l. S.

The key system to making my business run smoothly. We'd be a disorganized mess without it.

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Allows our team and clients easy access to all communication and orders with our accounts. Highrise is a screen always open and in constant use. It's a very easy to use and appealing CRM.

Pros

Aesthetically, I find the website to be pleasing and easy to use. It's second nature to us now as we've been using Highrise for almost 7 years. All our accounts that used to live in my head are now neatly organized and accessible by my team and our clients. Amazing to be able to offer that transparency. We use the deals function and send out samples and orders. Highrise links with some other sites we use - mailchimp and easy insights to name a few. I love how you can set permissions and tailor each users view. When we were searching for a CRM we researched many options before settling on highrise. It's been critical to our growing business.

Cons

I haven't tried the app in awhile but it used to be abysmal. Creating a new user and assigning permissions is a huge chore for us. Creating a deal is very manual and there are lots of opportunity for human error.

Samuel S.

Highrise is close to perfect, with responsive and helpful customer service

Reviewed on 2017/12/08

Business contact info and organization is excellent. Great customer support.

Pros

Highrise makes building your business contact list easy, with plenty of options for organizing them. Best of all is the way of filtering through tags. Sure, every site has tags, but if you really care about them as a way of creating lists and sublists and sub-sub-lists, you typically can't. Highrise's gives you a great way to view to filter through your contacts by adding/subtracting tags or word search. When I've run into problems or questions about certain features, the Highrise team is great at replying with real help. I'm not used to getting an answer so quickly from a website team without being put through the grinder of being put on hold or a beauracracy of emails, but Highrise has been stellar on that front.

Cons

Inputting your contacts is easy, with two available tabs for "person" or "company." However, you have to know which one you want to do before you start, because switching tabs/modes will erase any info you've already typed in. Would love Highrise yet more if they found a way to switch between tabs while retaining that info.

Shirin E.

Excellent CRM platform for a startup that needs good collaboration and sharing.

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Was able to see what the whole team was saying and emailing a client in a simple easy to navigate interface. It allowed us to tag clients for follow ups and to know exactly what vertical they were in and how we could best help them. It's very easy to organize your client data within this application .

Pros

You quickly get an understanding of the overall situation between the firm and your client. If you have have multiple people in your organization interacting with a client for customer support you will get a very nice overall picture quickly. The layout for this and organization of data on the screen is excellent for this purpose. The history is very easy to see and it would allow an organization to work with clients without having to ask them to tell the story over and over to different departments.

Cons

While CRM is client relationship management, HighRise performs well. It's not as robust a tool for an outbound sales campaign for a sales rep. The task and calendar management functions are good but it's not as slick for planning a territory based on how you search against clients and firms. The tagging feature if creatively used can overcome this minor issue

Ivan C.

The best Customer Relationship Management Tool Ever!

Reviewed on 2016/07/13

I've been using Highrise for 6 years and there was a period under 37 signals that there wasn't a lot of innovation going on. Since 37 signals passed it off to Nathan Kontny and company it's been moving at light speed. I can't wait to get the Android app!

Pros

The ease of use, features, prices, and tutorials are all amazing. There's quite a few small features like BCCing all emails to your customer so you can review conversations is a game changer. Being able to tag tasks with colored codes really helps. My to do list looks like that are amazingly convenient.

Cons

I really wish my task list was organized by a calendar. There's some syncing to Google Calendar that people use, but I frequently move blue (not important) tasks to the next day when I run out of energy. Then I review it. Google Calendar doesn't update fast enough to review it. I really want to see it organized by day of the week. Also, an Android app would be nice.

Alex S.

When you need a simple to learn and use CRM, Highrise is the best.

Reviewed on 2016/06/24

We are using Highrise and help other businesses transition to it. It is a terrific small business-friendly product that is super-easy to learn and has some great features most larger products have such as bulk, personalized, track emails and segments. We really enjoy being able to use the email drop box features to control much of the functionality of the product, and it's quite unique in that respect

Pros

Easy to use and learn especially in team settings
Email drop boxes that can be used for emails to contacts, cases, deals
Use for support helpdesk functionality and it works great (check out the blog for more details)
Bulk emailing that can be tracked and separate segments created

Cons

Sometimes filters are hard to navigate
Could be better with integration from other SaaS products
Limited reporting

Laura W.

I love Highrise! It feels like a trusted friend--keeping and sharing precious the information I need

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

Clean and clear design is cheerful and makes it easy to find and read information. The layout makes sense to me. Sharing notes and contacts in our small business makes all of us as smart about our customers as any one of us is. The easily customized tags and filters enables me to store information the way my brain works for sorting contacts. Easy import/export is fantastic as well.

Cons

I'd like the feature of notifying someone about a posted message to be available on a forwarded message as well. Doesn't currently seem to be. Flip side of customizing tags is that different people can inadvertantly create different tag names for essentially the same thing, making it easy to miss on the list you want. The benefit far outweighs this problem in my mind, but it has been a drawback for some of my colleagues.

Laurence K.

Its great strength is its simplicity.

Reviewed on 2016/06/27

We have previously paid thousands of pounds for a CRM system (allied to a popular accounts package) which was a disastrous mistake. Countless controls and functions and sections and definitions and miserable standard of support meant it was shelved within a few months. The term CRM became closely allied to leprosy the whole exercise moved proper contact management back by months or possible years.
I found Highrise on an internet search and saw that many people described it as simple or stripped down which was exactly what I felt we needed.
We took the free version for about 4 weeks and then upgraded to a very cost effective monthly subscription.

Pros

Simplicity. Ease of use. Speed of familiarisation. Completely intuitive. Price. The Support system sets a standard far, far higher than most multinationals or multi-billion dollar companies could hope to even aspire to. It really is the Gold Standard of support systems.

Cons

Clearly this package will not suit every company but for our very short sales cycle and a customer base of around 1000 active accounts this package is faultless.

Chelsea W.

Works Okay, Not Very Innovative

Reviewed on 2017/07/27

Pros

This program is a great way that our company files it's paperwork instead of physical files. It has great functionality there. Along with customization in fields to keep track of profiles and things specific to the company using it.

Cons

I find myself having to backpedal a lot while using this software. If you forge to tag another person, you have to delete the whole message rather than edit. The search is very sensitive to what information you put into it, results won't quite pop up unless you type in just the right thing.

Response from Highrise

Thanks for the review Chelsea and to Rebuilding Together Pittsburgh for being a long time customer. Did you know we offer a 25% discount to non-profits? (just need documentation/proof).

We may also be able help on the tagging if you want to send over more details: [email protected]

David A.

I suggest ideas they arrive, I ask for help it is given with a smile, I get high availability,

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

liked giving feedback in a thoughtful way, made it easy to do

Pros

It works, the team do great work, features trickle in, you provide great support, easy to use, easy to share with other people,

Cons

The lack of the following features creates work and reduces quality of our use

- ability to use proper formatting of notes, basic bold, underline, bullet lists, numbered lists. Surely this is easy using Markdown and a toolbar
- Google drive and docs integration
- ability to have one person working at more than one organisation without using tags, we need this.
- ability to track history of a persons organisations and roles
- producing funnel charts and graphs from pipeline to improve dashboard reporting
- more text space for tasks window of entry too smal

6.0/10
Clinton B.

Highrise is a Great CRM

Reviewed on 2016/07/14

Solid product, love seeing it being actively improved on a regular basis. Also have been using as easy to share task based system. LOVE the way I can add a bcc email address to help file all customer email conversations, that and the search make for a huge insurance investment to ensure we always know what was said for each client.

Pros

Easy to use, easy on the eyes, super functional.

Cons

Integration with Gmail is neat, but what about the rest of us?
After reminder or todo passes the expiry date program doesn't keep reminding user of old/late task (which is essential)
Would love to see some 'health' so clients that haven't been touched for awhile popup as needing a call/attention.

Chelsea C.

Very helpful to keep up with contacts!

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Pros

I love the tasks - that's how I keep up with contacts and reminders to myself. I really like the custom fields which help you to customize information for your organization and team. The app is also very helpful while on the road or if I'm at home without my computer and need to add a quick reminder for the next day or get a contacts phone number, email, etc.

Cons

It's been tough to run the specific reports we need but have adjusted and I really appreciate HighRise constantly updating even most recently with more reporting features.

Juliette C.

Superb CRM tool for our Boutique Recruitment Consultancy, recommended to many already.

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

Easy to use once set up and the fact cloud based and being continually invested in by the owners.

Pros

Flexibility to design the fields and tags so it works for you and your business.
We don't use all the functions - but that doesn't hinder the way it works.
Constant developments on the software and use is amazing.
Love the App for mobile use - so easy and accessible when out and about.
We have made suggestions and you have listened and updated.
Any queries when we were first setting up 4 years ago were dealt with immediately.

Phil S.

GREAT CRM!

Reviewed on 2016/07/27

I have used lotus databases, other online CRM's Highrise is the easiest to use of all I have experienced.

Pros

Tags, being able to dropbox link email correspondance to customer (person). I like the ease of management of duplications, since we have several employees accessing and adding contacts.

Cons

We deal with power companies, over several states. Multiple contacts in multiple cities. It would be nice to be able to search for example : Duke Power, Indiana (or city), then drill this result down by tag. I don't think there is a way presently to do this.

Response from Highrise

Thanks for the review Phil! This blog post and video shows how you can filter on a city AND a tag at the same time (today): https://medium.com/highrisehq/new-filter-ui-ded3467f5022#.pfxj0x3nv.

And be on the lookout for some reporting updates soon!

Katie M.

I LOVE Highrise

Reviewed on 2016/07/13

Everyone at my company loves Highrise. It's easy to learn and intuitive to understand --even for the seriously non-technical employee. The few times that I have needed to contact support their response was swift, friendly and easy to follow. It's WAY cheaper than Salesforce and some of the other contact management databases out there.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to learn, easy on the eyes. It has an intuitive design and it NEVER breaks down.

Cons

I'd like to be able to run a report on all of the entries marked Clients to see their basic data and the field that I added "Referred By."

Maria lenin L.

Effective Task Delegation and Management for Remote Workers

Reviewed on 2018/08/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

What I like about Highrise is that all communication, attachment, employees, employee profile and notes are stored in Highrise. You can easily backtrack on employees profile, projects handled, commendation, areas for improvement for future promotion recommendation or to assess a resigned employee and wants to go back. Groups can be formed per project and you can add all emails of the employees within the group. Each group has its own designated high rise and each member will receive emails and important information or actions to be taken that should be addressed by the group to close a case. This is a cloud based application to track all open cases within a project to easily assign the action item to the person or group to accomplish tasks within given timeline.

Cons

The key here is to document everything in High rise and handle all open cases within a given time frame. However, each project or case should have a designated Team Leader to give directions per case and assign tasks within the group step by step and close the case if done. If no Leadership and delegation, still everyone can open the case if he/she is included in the team without knowing what needs to be done or who should be tapped in order for the case to move. Some cases should already been closed but was not tracked well. Some forget to put notes or document daily itinerary, progress and failures. If this happens, this software fails to achieve what the application was built for.

Cedric d. F.

Good CRM program for the price -- great value!

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Organization and management of sales prospects.

Pros

The interactivity with programs like Linkedin and customers websites, etc. And you can sync with your mobile for portability.

Cons

Challenging to navigate initially ...still don't know how to operate all things. Simple things like finding my original user ID to sign into mobile app required contacting customer service and lost time awaiting a response. I'm old school and like to speak to a warm body for expediency in these cases, however, I'm aware this is the new norm.

Vanessa L.

Highrise

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

I would recommend it!

Pros

I have been using HR for 4 years, and I find it to be an asset to the company I work for. The whole team is able to follow customers and projects with ease. I would recommend HR to other companies to enhance their existing customer service programs.

Cons

No nice integration with email (outlook) – Adding contacts and tracking general communication is clumsy at best and a huge pain at worst. Many times Highrise refused forwarded emails (one of the ways to get them in the system)

John B.

This product has made my life a lot easier

Reviewed on 2018/06/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I will use Highrise when I move to my next church. I love it.

Pros

I have been able to get an "in real time" update on how all of the care-givers in my congregation are doing related to their specific care-receivers. This makes my life much less complicated, constantly wondering where care priorities need to be placed.

Cons

It has not always been perfectly clear how the communication aspects work, especially how to send a copy of my entry to only one person, or to the whole group.

Gabrielle V.

I use Highrise daily. Can't do my work without this valuable tracking tool.

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

I don't have to remember information about contacts. It saves me time and makes me more efficient in my job. The reminders keep me on track with my daily "to-do's"

Pros

It has a place for all the data points I need. I like 1.) the layout 2.) ease of use 3.) simple data search options 4.) ease of import/export 5.) email filing integration (using dropbox email address in bcc)

Cons

The order of the emails that show in notes per person. It's a little hard to follow email timeline, so the order could be improved.

Elizabeth G.

Highrise is a great CRM with a clean design. Great for those who Salesforce is too complicated.

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Great CRM for managing contacts and notes.

Pros

Easy search, merging contacts. The best part is the ability to forward and bcc emails and have them go into highrise connected to the contact directly.

Cons

I've run into some problems with exporting lists of emails for marketing. Would like to be able to customize the export. Also would like a way to assign a task lists in bulk. Since they don't have that feature I have been forced to use third-party software.

It's been very helpful tool for managing data

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Pros

Easy to use and clean interface. The import and export tool works fantastic and I like the way how new features are brought into the system that helps the user to push the needle and achieve more and better organized.

Cons

I'd say I do not like anything least about Highrise, but it would be great to have the ms-outlook integration just as other new CRMs provide so it makes life easy to work with email client and highrise all at the same time.

Emily M.

How did I ever work without Highrise!?!

Reviewed on 2016/07/13

I have recommended Highrise to every small business person I have spoken with for years. And it only gets better and better with their frequent feature additions and improvements. On the rare instance I do have a question or a suggestion for improvement, the customer service is responsive, helpful, and friendly. I feel like they are a part of my team and working for my company's success along side me! I can't thank this team enough for the product they've produced.

Pros

Intuitive
Customer Service