OrangeScrum

4,1
4,1
Cherri N.
Industry: Retail

Have used many, many different Project Management Software, and this so far has been the best!

Reviewed on 2018/07/23

Pros

My oversea's project team has been using this software to keep tickets working, communicate back and forth, and set deadlines. I love the way you can just respond back thru the same email that notified me of the communication and not have to log into the actual software and find the ticket to respond. I wish more support companies used this program. Nothing is more frustrating than getting an email that my ticket has been responded to, but I can't see the comment or respond without first logging into the software. OrangeScrum works so well, I almost never see the ticket dashboard. Now that is perfect!

Cons

As and end user, I have found nothing I don't like about the software. I only wish more support programs used it. I am a big RackSpace fan, but I hate their ticket support system...OrangeScrum would fix that if only they would give it a try.

James S.

Fantastic Project Management System

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Orangescrum made it extremely easy for us to keep track of our projects, keep our clients updated on their projects. It also gave us a way for clients to submit all of their content for their projects and by doing that, it cut down on the number of emails we would get with project material. Having all of our project material in one location made it easy for everyone involved with any project, to stay up to date with new files and changes.

Pros

The ease of use is the thing I liked most about this. My clients are very comfortable with the layout and platform.

Cons

The only con I can think of, is that the web version isn't responsive. Having it responsive would make it easier for clients that don't have the mobile app easier for them to use while on the go.

Dennis G.
Industry: Computer Hardware

Finally a good task tracker

Reviewed on 2020/10/17

So far I really like it

Pros

When I set out to find a task tracker I found plenty of Cloud based services that seemed to do what I wanted but I really needed to have more control. As a programmer and designer I wanted something that not only worked but that I could also plug into my local systems. OrangeScrum seems to allow me to do that, the addons are a single cost and the self hosting option seems to be priced right.

Cons

It took me a couple days to get the community edition installed. I'm using Slackware 15 (bleeding edge features) and had to downgrade some packages to get OS installed. Installation took awhile as the instructions would assume it to work perfectly out of the box. Granted my distro was not "supported" but its just a web app, you don't need a package to make it work and I'd like to have some instructions to aid in those efforts.

Andrew D.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Riddled with bugs, poor UX, unresponsive/uninterested support

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

Unifying the team, creating accountability, better organizing projects and tasks, creating threads in tasks that help keep stories recorded.

Pros

This is a very robust system when it works. Tons of features. Very flexible. Well designed, VISUALLY. Good pricing.

Cons

No commitment to fixing issues with the software even though they are pointed out and promised to be fixed. I tried to be as considerate and thoughtful as I could -- asking if maybe I was doing something wrong... I sent them the screenshots they asked for... we did a screen-share. Nothing.

Poor user experience design -- things in weird places, notifications keep happening for things from a YEAR ago. You mention this to them and they don't care. They just repeat back to you the way you are currently supposed to use it instead of considering the fact that you should not have to click one place on the TASKS area to access all the tasks. And that the over all experience is just confusing as some other people have mentioned.

Filters not working, bad and unintuitive design and structure to certain features or screens.

No awareness of UX strategy at all. Don't care about the user. Just care about bringing on customers.

Suspicious name dropping on their website about what brands use their software. Pretty sure this is not used by Uber when this team cannot even fix a defective task filter feature in 30 days. How am I the only one that found out that if you filter by a task status it not only shows the wrong count, but doesn't show ALL of the tasks in that status?

Trial was buggy, even. Locked features within days from when I signed up for it even though these features were supposed to be unlocked. Told them about it -- they didn't care.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Christian B.
Industry: Education Management

LPM Academy Review

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

An application that is easy to use in the beginning, which above all also supports projects with international teams.

Pros

Clearly structured and self-explanatory user interface for PM experts.
Not overloaded with functions and therefore well applicable for SMEs. The hybrid approach (classic & agile) is in the spirit of the times.

Cons

Unfortunately you have to buy some useful modules to complete the application.

Hari P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Good tool for project maintenance

Reviewed on 2020/02/10

Pros

It is very easy to use, Easy to track the product development progress

Cons

There is no big cons. UI can be simplified.

Bimlesh C.

Good application

Reviewed on 2020/03/08

Pros

Tracking and assigning Task are organised and delegation to team is organized and tracked properly

Cons

Some times things get complicated to make some stuff work, for normal users its difficult to capture the problem

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Sagar K.
Industry: Computer Software

Makes agile teams more efficient

Reviewed on 2020/01/14

Managing sprint and release cycles to track the progress if product development. So far satisfied with the product.

Pros

As an organization, we moved to Agile about a year ago and we use Orange Scrum to track our sprints and iterations. Gives a very clear and visual progress of our sprint work. Orange Scrum provides different graphs to indicate the progress of the product development and helps us create individual tasks to reach the goal set by the product team

Cons

The tool is awesome but the only thing I would like to point out is we can have more options and configurations which are customizable in nature more specific for our team

Camille M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

A MUST HAVE

Reviewed on 2020/05/30

Pros

This was exactly what we was looking for. It really fits our daily needs.

Cons

It could be improved with more custom fields.

Petr B.

PM tool that helps

Reviewed on 2020/01/11

Pros

We have chosen this one for the ability to develop our own extensions and make changes required for our line of business

Cons

Responsiveness, that is so far the biggest issue we have with the product

Max j. J.
Industry: Internet

A Unique Experience When Compared To Other "More Traditional"

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

Our agency has been through just about every other project management platform there is. Seriously, mention one, and we have used or at the very least demoed it. The ones that we liked were crazy expensive, and the ones that were more reasonably price were only a little better than excel. OrangeScrum has a delightful blend of affordability and features.

I love the dashboards and views that are available. The Kanban view makes it easy for our teams to coordinate. I can take the resource manager and better coordinate the timelines/deadlines for our clients.

One unique feature that I have come to love is the "Daily Catchup" which allows me to get an automated summary of everything that was accomplished by my staff during the day. We are not a large company, but sometimes managing team and daily tasks can get a little unwieldy.

Cons

The biggest issue that I am having with the platform is the billable time. OrangeScrum allows you to set certain tasks to "billable". It's great but in order to create an invoice, you need to access each "project" individually instead of a global view of all billable items. If we could get that straightened out, I think it would be a huge improvement!

Shakila B.
Industry: Computer Software

Interesting to explore new functionalities of OrangeScrum

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

Save time
Accuracy
No reminders required
Successful accomplishment
Meeting hassle free deadlines
Review one's own performance
Increase productivity level
Choice of selecting tasks without even missing one
Keep track on team accomplishment
Self encouragement
Maintain and manage - Task to do list
Time management

Pros

Reports are the new feature that has been added. We have Cloud version installed and really these feature is very useful to get accurate and average reports of tasks and no:of days spent for a particular task of a project in a fraction of seconds. Functionalities of the sub-features under 'Reports' are extremely fast and useful for a software company like our's.
Resource Utilization page and weekly status are used frequently to capture daily tasks report..

Cons

I would suggest if Task# or its title is present in "Resolution Time Report" would be fine. because it already has average days and total no:of days to resolve the tasks with no:of tasks, if just an identification is linked to this feature it would be more transparent to extract reports immediately....

Joseph O.

No system has ever made Project Management simpler and enjoyable like OrangeScrum, its just amazing

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

Time tracking feature has enabled us balance our resources thus enabling project delivery within the stipulated timelines.

Pros

Provides a step by step tracking of the entire project making it possible to plan well in advance your resources to avoid any delays.

Cons

The fact that OrangeScrum is usually unstable and keeps crushing makes it very difficult to work with.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Prince B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

If you're searching for a modern and open source project management tool OrangeScrum may be the best

Reviewed on 2017/08/21

Pros

OrangeScrum simplifies your project management life: it makes easy to handle all aspects of your projects. You can easily manage tasks, create a direct communication between team members, assign resources and tasks to a particular person and keep track of your expenses. It combines project management, task management and collaboration in a unique Open Source platform giving you total control over your projects.

- Open source.
- Resource planning and team member reminders via daily updates
- Easy to use
- Easy to custom
- Available in 3 options: Community, Cloud and Enterprise
- Inexpensive

Cons

Many things are paid, as a open source software I have expected some of the good features can be free like invoice & Client Management.

- Portfolio management not available
- Have to pay onetime off for extra features
- Facing database connection error so many time
- Sending email to the admin not creating task or ticket (only adding email reply into the same task)

Robbin O.
Industry: Computer Software

Great service, very good support

Reviewed on 2018/12/16

Pros

Very good service, fast. Excellent support, very quick responses and they help you to solve problems (not that there are much problems, but it is good to know they help out when you need them).

Cons

Not all features we needed are accessible in control panel, but their support team help out quickly to resolve issues.

Robert O.
Industry: Computer Software

Easy to learn and use and has simplified my day to day running of the HR department in the company.

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

It simplified the running of the HR department due to the functionalities it possesses.

Pros

It has time-sheet and punch in/out functionalities that make it easy to monitor employee activities on a daily basis.

Cons

It experiences frequent downtime thereby making it impossible to execute important HR functions like leave approvals.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

We're using OrangeScrum to manage projects and task lists

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Project Management and Task Management Software that is easy to manage at an affordable rate.

Pros

What I like about OrangeScrum is that it has a great user interface that allow you to easily manage projects, monitor tasks and that the open source/community edition has plenty of features. Another great pro is that it's self hosted and you're not storing your complete data set in the cloud.

Cons

So far I've not been really able to determine any noticeable cons on this software other than that the software was running unstable after installation. We had to apply some manual code fixes to fix this problem, but it was minor.

Simple project management and tracking tool

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

great for managing simple project assignments and tasks

Pros

We used orangescrum to manage our project tasks and collaboration. It was fairly simple to install and use, once you understand the basics of project management

Cons

We found the email alerts to be too many and redundant. Customization was also not simple, which eventually led to the application being under utilized by the team, who preferred to use the help desk application

Mohit D.

Amazing product in market

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Amazing experience

Pros

Perpetual License, amazing addons, innumerable features

Cons

Nothing as of now, it just has perfect functionality, easy to setup

Shoki S.

its been great so far and we are adding more plugins to it

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Pros

easy to install and its on php. anything we need we can have it changed by our developers themselves. the customer service is great.

Cons

least is non that i can think of. if the prices were a bit lower for the ad-ons, it would be much popular in emerging markets and developing countries.

Yvonne M.
Industry: Events Services

Makes it very easy to manage and keep track of projects.

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Orange SCRUM is the best solution for project collaboration within a team.

Pros

Orange scrum includes an all in one screen covering all modules from project planning to visual project presentation. It is also very simply to understand and use.

Cons

It is harware specific in that it only coveres mac, android, iphone and windows. There is no local coverage for linux users apart from the web-based application which not every user will prefer.

Ryan S.

An alright project management solution

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Team Project Management

Pros

I like that orangescrum has a lot of customization and has good manageability. Our instance is installed on a dedicated sever on our environment which gives us a lot of control over access

Cons

I dislike that it feels like the product feels out of date compared to other solutions. Also, you have to set this product whereas a lot of other similar products work right away without any setup time

Elmar B.
Industry: Media Production

It is a great easy to use tool to take control of my development projects.

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

Pros

OrangeScrum has all necessary features for project control, is user friendly, easy to use and free source. So you can use it as self-hosed free version with the basic features or as a cloud solution. In both ways you can upgrade the system with a lot of extra premium features for your daily work. The customer support team is great and experienced.

Cons

A lot of features are still available as pro elements / add-ons. They are not really expensive, but if you need some of them - you costs can grow up rapidly. The add-on combos/bundles are not free to choice what whould be nice for the customer. If you are using the Cloud solution the user arelimited to 10 in the smallest package and can also grow up fast. So the price model was not so clear for me

Piotr N.

Really good opens source software. It helps organizing projects.

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

Pros

Easy to use, yet full of functionality. Different ways to view projects and tasks. Mail notifications. Project reports.

Cons

Most of the functionality uses ajax. Therefore sometimes you have to refresh the page to get the updated data.
It doesn't have good support for other languages (for example task titles or descriptions are converted)
Time spent on project can only be saved as fraction of base 10.

Toni L.

Great features and a very good price

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

Pros

Ease of use, very good customer service and an affordable price.
We are using Orange Scrum for an year after a deep research for a good and affordable online project management tool and we are sure now that we chose the right one.

Cons

The interface design is sometimes not as eye-catchy as in other similar but more expensive online project managers.