Showing 50 reviews of 37

Casual

Visual online project management for non-professional PMs

Showing 50 reviews of 37
Mike S.

Useful, Intuitive App

Reviewed on 2017/01/23

My company (property management) uses Casual to track many of its common admin tasks. It keeps processes on-task and allows me to monitor activity and status.

I recommend it.

Celine M.

Easy to use and great for team work

Reviewed on 2017/09/13

Pros

I like how I can easily set dependencies between tasks and have my colleagues (or me) informed when a task is available for execution.
Visual aspect is also clear to know where we are.

Cons

Removing dependencies (arrows) in Chrome doesn't work very well. I have to work in Firefox to do so.
I don't use dead-lines, I would rather have a duration to set for each task.
Multi-selection works very bad, I would like to be able to draw a rectangle around tasks to select them all

David A.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Love the name "Casual PM" This is great software for Project tracking.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

This software shows the tasks in a list view or a graphical view. I think this is a powerful tool to help different people stay on the same page.

Pros

I really like the way this software has the graphical view for task tracking. It is a "mindmap" view and very visual. This really helps in see where thing are. It also includes the "list view". It is a simple feature but packs power. I really like the flexibility of switch views. I also like the fact that this software has a mobile app.

Cons

This software does not have a module r portion for risk tracking or risk management. that would be helpful.

Simple Project Management

Reviewed on 2017/01/30

We were looking for a simple way to track the workflows in our projects without the massive overhead many software solutions currently have. This application fits our need perfectly. While it does not have all the bells and whistles you may find in other apps, in this case, it is exactly what you may be looking for.

Pros

Simple interface
Easy to integrate with multiple users
Near zero learning curve
Inexpensive

Cons

Lacks detailed reporting (although some is available after speaking with support)

Kaushal A.

It is very helpful when you are managing tasks between multiple teams.

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

The best thing I like is graphic layout of tasks. You can assign an executor and also set start date and end date
This is the best tool to manage tasks between small teams.
I have never seen this kind of graphic layout for tasks management and that part makes it unique from other tools.

Cons

I use this tool for tasks management only and it has all the features I need to do that work. So I don't like anything least about this tool.

Elizabeth F.

I used the trial, let it go, then I really missed it.

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Super friendly folks.

Pros

I love how it lays out everything visually and I can manipulate it so easily. I used to like to draw flow charts by hand, but this lets me save erasers and time.

Cons

The app does none of the awesome stuff the website does, but it is usually a much smaller space.

Noah J.

Reviewed on 2017/02/28

Martijn B.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Great project management tool!

Reviewed on 2017/10/26

Pros

The way task dependencies are made visual makes it really easy to communicate with others on the project progress and keep the project flow going. Bottlenecks and potential threats to the project are easily spotted so they can be avoided or mitigated in time.
Also a great feature is to be able to use a previous project and clone it for a next project. This makes it easy to create generic project roadmaps and quickly build up a new similar project.
The app/website is still under active development so there is active follow-up on bugs and new features still coming. Kudos to the support team! Quick feedback every time.

Don O.

One month in

Reviewed on 2017/12/01

Pros

The unique approach is amazing for a business like mine that completes very similar projects repeatedly for different clients. It ticks off a bunch of features that have been on my "wish list" for a team task manager for a long time. In fact, when I found Casual I was in the process of programming one just for our company because none that we have tried had all the features we wanted. But now we're going all in with Casual for managing project tasks across a team. It's super easy to use - much less of a learning curve than Slack, Trello or Asana.

Cons

I wish it had more integration options, such as IFTTT or Zapier (IFTTT would be better). It may not be the right choice for a business where every project is completely different.

Kang kyu C.

The Power of visualization

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

Pros

Whatever you do, Casual.pm can visualize your projects,tasks,flows.. It is huge advantage when you manage multiple projects. Multiple projects can be easily massed without proper tool. Casual.pm is great for managing and organizing multiple project with your colleague. Also, Casual.app doesn't demand steep learning curve.

Cons

Need more formatting functions(bold or coloring box). Casual.pm respond me they will soon delivery formatting functions.

Gourav A.

This tool is very helpful when you are working with multiple teams.

Reviewed on 2018/03/25

It helps in managing my offshore team.

Pros

The best thing I like is the layout for tasks. You can set a start date and end date and also assign an executor to a task.
It helps you to manage tasks between small teams.

You can also change the status once a step has been completed.

I use this tool for tasks management only and it has all the features which are required to manage the tasks.

It is very helpful when you are with offshore teams.

Cons

I am totally satisfied with the performance of the system. I liked it very much. No cons from my side.

• Industry: Public Relations & Communications
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Visually appealing, but nothing new

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

My overall experience with Casual was okay. For the short amount of time I was able to use, it was an effective project management tool.

Pros

To be very honest, I liked the software because it was new and visually appealing, however, I didn't find anything intuitive about it that would make me stop using any of the platforms I use now. I only got on board because a friend of mine stumbled across.

Cons

I don't have any major cons since I haven't used Casual to its fullest extent. I would recommend to someone who is looking for something different to use.

Charles Y.

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

• Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Very Useful App

Reviewed on 2017/03/13

I like the visual nature of the app. It helps me stay on top of my most important projects and helps me manage the workflow when I have others assisting on a project

Pros

visual, great for time & project management, affordable

Cons

A few items could be a little more intuitive.

Anthony A.

Casual PM - Project Management At It's Most Finest

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

I've been looking for a product management solution that would integrate within my workflow for sometime. All of them lacked something or the other. Casual has everything and more.

Also, because I need to check certain things when away from my computer, the iOS app makes Casual stand out from the crowd, as it allows an instant check to be done, without having to spend the time logging into a non-optimised web app.

This has now transformed my working life. I'm much more productive than before, am able to send workflow's and deadlines to collaborators in an easily digestible flow diagram form, and now genuinely have a competitive advantage.

Pros

Ease of use, iOS App, ability to generate flow diagram PDF's and url's on the fly, regular updates.

Cons

Customer service could be more responsive to direct enquiries and requests. Even if the answer is no.

David Z.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

A simple project tracking app

Reviewed on 2017/01/20

I'm using Casual to track my tasks for multiple projects. I'm the only user. I like how easily and visually I could set the task dependencies. It really helps me flushing out the course of actions. Many other scheduling apps do this but nowhere to the extent as clean and intuitive as Casual.

Edward w. L.

Great project management software for collaboratoin

Reviewed on 2017/09/20

Pros

Great tool to collaborate with my team of around 10 people. Can create templates that save a lot of time.

Cons

Can be slow to load and have to log out and log in to fix. No undo feature. Would be nice to have more options when designing projects

Joseph B.
  • Industry: Research

Causal.pm is wonderful!

Reviewed on 2017/09/14

My team at Bongiovi Acoustics and Medical use Casual.pm because of it's ease of use. We're a unique team that needs to bridge the gap between business, creative, and engineering.

Pros

Ease of use across many facets within the company. Fantastic customer support form Victor and Kat!

Cons

Android and iOS apps are limited.