FunctionFox

Timesheets & Project Management Software

Travis B.

Great Software to keep track of hours and projects

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

Pros

We have used this program for a few years now and have found it very easy to track progress on projects, log hours, and make sure that our office is running as efficiently as possible. This has been a great investment for us!

Cons

It took some time to get familiar with how to use the software. Adding gantt charts for project planning would be great, but overall this program fits our needs quite well.

Tim M.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

I depend on this powerful tool to manage my small business effectively

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Using the timesheet capability has become a completely natural part of my day.
The reporting by project capability provides the essential data that allows me to prepare my invoices manually (outside of FunctionFox). For my small business, its convenience and ease of use justifies the annual cost.

Pros

Easy setup of new clients, projects, tasks and hourly rates.
Very easy to pull reports of timesheets and associated fees in order to understand actuals, and use these in preparing invoices.
The ability to archive past projects and even clients keeps the program from being cluttered.

Cons

I only use a small part of FunctionFox's capabilities, and I have only high praise for the parts of the software that I use.

Subscribing to FunctionFox is one of the best business decisions I’ve made

Reviewed on 2016/04/08

For several years, I have used FunctionFox every day, to record my time and manage my projects. I found setup really simple, and day-to-day use is a cinch – I record my time with FunctionFox’s timer, which makes it easy to switch between clients and projects. Generating reports takes seconds, and FunctionFox has let me cut admin time that I used to spend searching through old emails and scribbled notes to do my billing. With FunctionFox, once I’ve entered my time, I can use the information for loads of things: to create more accurate estimates for similar projects; to track my actual time against my estimates (very useful for keeping clients informed); to create and adjust invoices; and to show clients exactly what I’ve done for them.

Pros

Since I started using FunctionFox, I’ve captured significantly more billable hours every month to. I find this program to be simple, flexible and really affordable. Also, customer service is completely free, with a service rep assigned specifically to me. That means I can always talk to someone who understands my business whenever I have a question, as often as I need, completely free. All in all, subscribing to FunctionFox is one of the best business decisions I’ve made.

Cons

If you’re looking for a product with all possible bells and whistles, you may need to keep looking. You can export data from FunctionFox to other programs pretty easily, but accounting features aren’t built in.

Jacquie H.

Use FunctionFox and Make Life Easier

Reviewed on 2016/05/05

Pros

As an Account Manager/Office Manager I can't imagine how I would get through my day without FunctionFox. I use the action function weekly to prepare for our Monday traffic meetings and keep this up-to-date throughout the week, so I always know the status of my client projects. Running reports for monthly billing and using the invoicing tool has saved hours of time! The ability to run current client reports as well as reports from archived jobs allows me to see how time was spent, capturing billable time and expenses, and is also a great tool in preparing estimates. As easy as it is to use, if you do need help, the customer service at FunctionFox is unbeatable! Signing up for FunctionFox is one decision you absolutely won't regret.

Cons

Really there is nothing I don't like about FunctionFox it's a great product and fulfills the requirements I use it for.

Vicki F.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Helps to Manage Time Spent on Client Projects

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

When dealing with clients and billing them, this is a great product. It's reasonably priced, easy to use and improves our billing, which helps not only our company, but gives our clients the assurance that we are billing appropriately and accurately.

Pros

This product keeps track of all of my notes on my clients' projects. This helps to ensure that my billing is accurate.

Cons

This product is not accessible when the internet is down. It would be great to have a resident version on my computer when internet is out.

Kathryn L.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Office Manager has 100% positive review

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Pros

As a company we like how easy the program is to use, both for time tracking projects, and for tracking payroll. If we encounter a problem anywhere while using this system (for example changes in billing rates) we contact customer support and help is offered right away.

Cons

As a company we have experienced no negative issues while using this software. We have used the software for 3 years now and are very happy.

Bonney K.

I have been using FunctionFox for over 10 years and it's made me a better Producer!

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

Pros

FunctionFox is easy to use, very intuitive and is a real time-saver. I especially like all the reports I can run. The "Action Report" in particular has made our weekly Traffic Meetings more efficient, with everyone starting the week on the same page.

Cons

It would be great to be able to generate Purchase Orders. Also, it would be helpful, and more efficient, if you could upload more than one file at a time to Flink.

Richard S.

Function Fox lets our team accurately compile hours worked on projects

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Pros

I like the ease of use, the mobile app and the depth of functionality within the platform. I can see the teams hours and write descriptions on exactly what is being worked on

Cons

I would love to have the ability to post time on multiple projects at once. This would help when the same projects are being done for multiple projects and time just needs to be split.

Janette K.

Function Fox Review

Reviewed on 2016/07/25

As a newly hired Production Supervisor I was on the hunt for scheduling software to meet the needs of a growing design department. After reviewing dozens of options I decided on Function Fox and our entire team is LOVING it!
Shane Sihota, our FF Account Manager is a gem! I cannot speak highly enough about Shane and the entire experience. Any questions I have are answered quickly and Shane always jumps at any opportunity to make MY day easier! This day in age, it's almost surprising to come across someone so upbeat and positive!
I've recommended FF to everyone I know in a Project Management roll. FF far exceeds other software options. The capabilities are robust but the interface is clean and user-friendly. As new designers join our team I'm able to get them setup and trained within a day. The personal "To-Do" lists are incredibly effective in managing everyone's daily schedule. We went from chaos to controlled organization in a couple of weeks!

Pros

Interface, capabilities, options for customization, user-friendly (particularly the "to-do" lists)

Cons

The ONLY "complaint" I have is that it's not super clear where to click to customize the "To-Do" list. Once Shane pointed it out, we're all clear.

Christian P.

This is a good time keeping software for those who are in marketing, but it could be improved.

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

Pros

The cost of the software is at a good price. I can easily set new people up on the software and it is easy to train them to use it. Most of them use it without problems.

Cons

The help menu needs to be improved. And I am limited as to the number of clients that appear in the timekeeping section. I have to archive clients before I can add new ones because the new ones will not show up in the timekeeping section. I would like more features.

Jane C.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Pros

My partner had used Function Fox in a previous company and found it useful. We found it much easier to use than alternative products we used elsewhere so returned to Function Fox as soon as we had the opportunity.

Cons

Would prefer to have the company name rather than an organisation no.

Amanda S.
  • Industry: Design

You can get the same for cheaper / free

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

Overall it gets the job done but could be cheaper as there are free alternatives that do almost all of the same things

Pros

Organization between workers / projects

Cons

Cost is too high for value received, needs more free features

Jason K.

Foxy on FunctionFox!

Reviewed on 2016/05/06

When I started at Keystone Click, BrightPod was their PM software for web development...not the right platform for the agency, as:

-Projects were being delivered late and over budget
-Resources were consistently over allocated
-UX was too busy/confusing
-Reports were confusing/lacking
-Workflows (templates) didn't work for us
-Accountability in getting work done within scope/budget and on time did not exist

I researched other platforms and narrowed it down to three: FunctionFox, Function Point, and Paprika. In the end, we determined FunctionFox was the best solution, and it's made my job so much easier. Within 3 months projects were on-time/under budget, and I could not have turn things around so quickly without FunctionFox!!!

Their account reps are top notch. They are ALWAYS there when I need them; whether it's for advice on best practices, random questions, or reminding me how to find an employee's availability to work on an urgent request. Some days I don't know what I would do without them!

Nancy D.

Setup painless and easy.

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

Pros

Ease of use and price point. Friendly and helpful support staff.

Cons

Nothing - it's great!

Amanda M.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great Time Management Software

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

they were great over the years. wish they would bring back the widget or some other sort of mac-capable app

Pros

Easy to use, straight forward & cheap. Really simple, straightforward tool to manage time and costs for different clients and projects

Cons

last year they discontinued the support for their Mac widget and changed it to a mobile app which wasn't the best option

Matt F.

Software not easiest to use at first (steps not clear) but great customer support

Reviewed on 2017/05/15

Pros

Time tracking feature for each project and client. Easy to show clients where you are spending most of your time and create professional invoices

Cons

The steps to build new tasks and clients are frustrating and not obvious same with creating project costs.

Justice M.
  • Industry: Building Materials

FunctionFox is easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

Pros

FunctionFox has helped our staff keep time and manage different projects at a time. This helps us stay organized.

Cons

Not much is wrong with this software that we can see just from the past months our staff has used it.

Madison E.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great program!

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

Pros

This program is easy to use and navigate. Super user friendly!

Cons

Nothing to complain about, very pleased with this software.

Carol T.

Very User Friendly!

Reviewed on 2016/06/29

My boss assigned me as manager of our FunctionFox account. Having no previous experience with any account management software I was extremely nervous. I had free trials with other similar products and this is far and away the best.

Pros

Hard to pinpoint one thing. It's very self explanatory and the help button for each page is invaulable. Plus, the customer service is outstanding!

Cons

It's not always clear where pages are located and you have to go and search. Also, the insistence on using decimal hours!

Peigi M.

Indispensible. The best way I've found to manage time and projects.

Reviewed on 2013/08/24

Pros: Incredibly easy to set up and use ' even for timesheet haters like me. As a freelancer, managing time on multiple projects is critical. This program makes estimating new projects, tracking time and expenses, and managing workflow a cinch. I'm capturing time that I used to forget about, and billing takes a fraction of the time it used to. It's web-based, so I can access it when I'm on the road. Also, they provide really good, free, ongoing customer service (from actual people!).
Cons: If you're looking for a product with all possible bells and whistles, this isn't it. You can export data to other programs pretty easily, but accounting features aren't built in.
Overall: For me, it's indispensable ' the best way I've found to manage my time and projects.

Helped my small business track its projects!

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

FunctionFox was the perfect tool for setting up, tracking, and managing the projects that my company had going. It made the whole process from inception to completion very efficient.

Cons

The method of time keeping was not the style that I was used to, but once I got the hang of it, it was very easy and even FUN!

Andrew K.

Cloud-based Time Tracking Is Perfect for My Team

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

FunctionFox is an incredible cloud-based time tracking and project management app. It’s perfect for managing my small team of freelancers.

Cons

When comparing it to its competitors, FunctionFox lacks a few desirable features. I wish I could leverage the platform for more in-depth reporting.

Deven C.

Would reccomend

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

This program is quick to learn and really easy to use. Gives businesses the ability to effortlessly customize for their own needs.

Cons

There is nothing to truly say that I do not like about this software. It has come through strong for my company.

Chris A.

Easy to use but lacks some functionality compared to some of it's competitors

Reviewed on 2018/10/21

Pros

Ease of use of the end user, a decent level of customer service, interface and platform are not complicated to navigate through

Cons

lacks some functionality compared to some of its competitors, would like to see better customer service

Christian P.

This software is great for keeping track of time. The project management side needs some...

Reviewed on 2016/05/04

Pros - The time posting process each day works great. I can easily track time and keep up with time posted to different projects/actions. The system is easy to log into and can use the app on my phone.

Cons. - Two people cannot share the same action, without having to enter them separately. Actions cannot be set for the same time every month. For example, if I have a client, and I post on their social media the first week of the month, then I would like to have the action automatically set for the same time every month. I wish there had been a formal training process.