FunctionFox Reviews

Brenda R.

FunctionFox for Architects

Reviewed on 2018/08/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

My billing is generally by the hour, and so the "timer" feature is extremely helpful when working on multiple projects in a day. I also like that I can set up email reminders if I forget to fill out my timesheet.

Pros

I have a small but growing architecture practice. I tried several project management and timekeeping and accounting programs before finding FunctionFox. I have been using it for a little over a year now. It allows me to do everything in one place, from job estimating to invoicing. The most important feature I was looking for, and was having trouble finding elsewhere, was an "resource availability" function, that would keep me from scheduling myself or my employees for 180 hours/week. FunctionFox has definitely improved my organizing skills with its to do lists and progress reports. The customer service has been excellent, and the interface is easy to use and clearly organized. I recommend it for any firm, but especially small start ups.

Cons

Still waiting for Gantt charts. Then I think it will be perfect. They are used extensively in construction scheduling, and I would like to have the same format when scheduling the design.

Carter F.

Professional Time Tracking in a Straight-Forward App

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

FunctionFox is a great tool for tracking time. It allows you to have several users tracking time under projects and tasks, so you can see how your team is using their time. From an agency standpoint, it allowed us to accurately account for our time with clients and realistically price our services. It had integration limitations and was not as flexible as we needed it to be, but for many, it is likely the right tool.

Pros

FunctionFox allows you to set up different account and projects within those accounts to help separate your time into tasks and items of your own choosing. For a marketing agency, this type of tool is essential. Function Fox offers a pretty easy to use system with several features to help make your time tracking experience easier and more accurate.

Cons

We ultimately moved away from FunctionFox because it was not able to integrate into our billing software. We also needed a tool that would be double as a task manager.

Subscribing to FunctionFox is one of the best business decisions I’ve made

Reviewed on 2016/04/08
Review Source

For several years, I have used FunctionFox every day, to record my time and manage my projects. I found setup really simple, and day-to-day use is a cinch – I record my time with FunctionFox’s timer, which makes it easy to switch between clients and projects. Generating reports takes seconds, and FunctionFox has let me cut admin time that I used to spend searching through old emails and scribbled notes to do my billing. With FunctionFox, once I’ve entered my time, I can use the information for loads of things: to create more accurate estimates for similar projects; to track my actual time against my estimates (very useful for keeping clients informed); to create and adjust invoices; and to show clients exactly what I’ve done for them.

Pros

Since I started using FunctionFox, I’ve captured significantly more billable hours every month to. I find this program to be simple, flexible and really affordable. Also, customer service is completely free, with a service rep assigned specifically to me. That means I can always talk to someone who understands my business whenever I have a question, as often as I need, completely free. All in all, subscribing to FunctionFox is one of the best business decisions I’ve made.

Cons

If you’re looking for a product with all possible bells and whistles, you may need to keep looking. You can export data from FunctionFox to other programs pretty easily, but accounting features aren’t built in.

James D.

Love the task assignment feature.

Reviewed on 2018/11/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We love the features of FunctionFox. The program has worked flawlessly since we got it, and on the rare occasion we got stuck on a feature, their staff was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros

The best thing about this program is that you can assign tasks to individual employees. This allows for better tracking of project time, and the mobile app gives you the option to do that even if you aren’t in the office. The ability to create an unlimited number of clients and projects is an even greater bonus. The emailing of tasks also helps greatly with time management.

Cons

As we only needed it for time tracking, we haven’t encountered any negative things to say about this project. There are more features that we just don’t need, so perhaps slim lining the program would be helpful to make it more sleek-looking.

Heather S.

A great Time & Expense tracking tool for small-ish agencies and freelancers

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

more accurate billing

Pros

I implemented this software when I owned my own agency of 1 full-time and 2 part-time staff. It helped tremendously to track the time spent on projects and more accurate billing. No more paper time sheets! I always had accurate data when a Client asked "how much time do we have into this". They have great customer service and is fairly reasonable in price even for smaller shops. Reporting is robust. Pretty user-friendly.

Cons

It's missing the Project Management piece. At least in tracking To Do's like Basecamp does. I wish I could have 1 software that does both of these things.

Jacquie H.

Use FunctionFox and Make Life Easier

Reviewed on 2016/05/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

As an Account Manager/Office Manager I can't imagine how I would get through my day without FunctionFox. I use the action function weekly to prepare for our Monday traffic meetings and keep this up-to-date throughout the week, so I always know the status of my client projects. Running reports for monthly billing and using the invoicing tool has saved hours of time! The ability to run current client reports as well as reports from archived jobs allows me to see how time was spent, capturing billable time and expenses, and is also a great tool in preparing estimates. As easy as it is to use, if you do need help, the customer service at FunctionFox is unbeatable! Signing up for FunctionFox is one decision you absolutely won't regret.

Cons

Really there is nothing I don't like about FunctionFox it's a great product and fulfills the requirements I use it for.

Helen F.

Super Simple CRM Solution

Reviewed on 2018/04/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We love this software, it's quick, easy and very cost effective. We easily input our data into it, the fields are all editable so is bespoke to us. We haven't had to ask for much support as the software is so easy to use, but when we did the help was fast, helpful and friendly.

Function Fox has made the studio run far more efficiently, team members can book jobs in quickly and time sheets are super fast. The retainer option has been really useful too, we can also report on staff productivity and ensure timesheets are being filled out.

Cons

Having worked with the software for a few months I cannot find any flaws with it, we researched many CRM software solutions and most were too expensive or too complex for our needs, Function Fox gives us the option to have a basic CRM system with add-ons available if we want to expand features.

Jeremie W.

FunctionFox Keeps Project Management for Creative Teams Simple

Reviewed on 2018/08/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have used FunctionFox for time and expense tracking for over 15 years. I am an early adopter and have been blown away by their consistent customer service. Their team of great people support this solid product.

Pros

Great UI, very intuitive for designers and account people. Timesheets are painless and now our expenses don’t slip through the cracks. Absolutely pays for itself. Everything an ad agency or design firm needs!

Cons

Can’t think of anything.
Whenever there was an issue, they have listened to our suggests and continue to improve the product.

Vicki F.

Helps to Manage Time Spent on Client Projects

Reviewed on 2018/05/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

When dealing with clients and billing them, this is a great product. It's reasonably priced, easy to use and improves our billing, which helps not only our company, but gives our clients the assurance that we are billing appropriately and accurately.

Pros

This product keeps track of all of my notes on my clients' projects. This helps to ensure that my billing is accurate.

Cons

This product is not accessible when the internet is down. It would be great to have a resident version on my computer when internet is out.

Kathryn L.

Office Manager has 100% positive review

Reviewed on 2018/09/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

As a company we like how easy the program is to use, both for time tracking projects, and for tracking payroll. If we encounter a problem anywhere while using this system (for example changes in billing rates) we contact customer support and help is offered right away.

Cons

As a company we have experienced no negative issues while using this software. We have used the software for 3 years now and are very happy.

Bonney K.

I have been using FunctionFox for over 10 years and it's made me a better Producer!

Reviewed on 2017/08/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

FunctionFox is easy to use, very intuitive and is a real time-saver. I especially like all the reports I can run. The "Action Report" in particular has made our weekly Traffic Meetings more efficient, with everyone starting the week on the same page.

Cons

It would be great to be able to generate Purchase Orders. Also, it would be helpful, and more efficient, if you could upload more than one file at a time to Flink.

Sherry B.

It's a Game Changer

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

We absolutely love using Function Fox. It's quickly become a habit and we find that our workflow is more accurately tracked and therefore we have a better handle on capturing all time spent for invoicing as well as a monitor for how we allocate our time! Personally, I love clocking out for the day and seeing my billable hour total. Makes me feel very productive and efficient. Also for retainer clients, it's very effective in generating the monthly report; easily documenting and validating time spent. I highly recommend this online tool to agencies of all sizes. We jumped right into using it and it took no time at all to learn. It's very easy and user-friendly. It's a game changer and we feel much more in control and profitable as a result.
Sherry Bruck, President, Harquin Creative Group

Pros

The timekeeping tools. Love the way it interacts with the Client, Project, Task and the ability to edit.

Cons

I've had to disengage the hourly rate recording because very often we adjust that when reporting and invoicing to clients. Therefore we haven't figured out a way to invoice directly from the software. Also, I wish Outlook calendar could somehow be linked to the Function Fox calendar.

Travis B.

Great Software to keep track of hours and projects

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

Pros

We have used this program for a few years now and have found it very easy to track progress on projects, log hours, and make sure that our office is running as efficiently as possible. This has been a great investment for us!

Cons

It took some time to get familiar with how to use the software. Adding gantt charts for project planning would be great, but overall this program fits our needs quite well.

My agency uses FunctionFox daily to log our time and track our progress.

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Pros

I like the detailed reporting, the action assignment process, the time entry process, and the ease of entering estimates.

Cons

It's a little tricky teaching people to use the software when they first start their job at my agency - we utilize learn as you go "training." Maybe the help center could compile all of their articles into one giant article like a giant FunctionFox guide for new users.

Cheryl P.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

I had used Function Fox at my previous employer and when I started with this architect firm they were tracking time another way and it was very easy for me to convince them to make the switch. I'm so glad because it has made my job so much easier here!

Pros

Very simple to learn and use. You can customize reports for your specific needs. Cost is very affordable. Customer Support - outstanding!

Cons

There's really nothing I don't like about it.

Leigh C.

Everything works, it's easy, and even kind of fun

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

Ease of time tracking multiple tasks on multiple projects for multiple clients.

Pros

Very user-friendly, easy to use. Allows for flexibility in choosing reports to print/save/share. Flexibility also in going back to add in hours on a day when you might have forgotten them. Terrific customer support - first in the "getting started" tutorial/hand-holding, to any follow up questions.

Cons

There is really nothing to "not like", from my experience with FunctionFox. I've been using it for about two years, and have had no negative experiences with it.

Siobhan F.

Great PM resource for small team

Reviewed on 2017/10/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This system is perfect for small teams to track all of their projects, create schedules, and run status reports!

Cons

They recently made an update and removed a key feature for our team. There is a feature called Flink where we were able to send emails regarding the project to anyone. Since the entire department doesnt have access this was a fantastic feature that was taken away and they definitely need to bring it back. Our files our too large to upload to the system so for our teams use not having that easy email feature causes more work.

Edwin G.

Well set up and effective

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Tracks time and makes it easy for people to log their hours. Produces higher quality reports than other tools. Has built in intelligence to detect start and end dates of projects.

Pros

FunctionFox has a great ability to slice and dice information on timed tasks once they are captured. I also have really enjoyed the email reminders on days when you don't log time. Overall, it seems to work consistently, once everything is set up.

Cons

User interface is confusing for most new users. A lot of the information shows on the lower half of the screen which is non-intuitive and creates confusion. The setup can be a little tedious and integrations with other tools (such as ticketing systems, salesforce) would be valuable.

Richard S.

Function Fox lets our team accurately compile hours worked on projects

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Pros

I like the ease of use, the mobile app and the depth of functionality within the platform. I can see the teams hours and write descriptions on exactly what is being worked on

Cons

I would love to have the ability to post time on multiple projects at once. This would help when the same projects are being done for multiple projects and time just needs to be split.

Robert I.

Function helped me increase my monthly billings by 25%.

Reviewed on 2017/08/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The support has been outstanding and someone quickly responds to questions and offers personalized help.
They have built a great team and it is a joy to work with them

Pros

The site is easy to use, and after a couple of months, it cut my billing time down to a couple of hours. The ability to quickly show a client a list of billing actives listed by date, demonstates how the time was spent and has emilinated billing adjustments.

Cons

Like any new system it took a short period of adjustment, but the learning curve is minimal. I have not had any negatives .

Gail M.

Fantastic product that suits our small business needs

Reviewed on 2018/08/30
Review Source

Pros

Easy of use, intuitive design, great customer support when needed. We have been able to service our customers needs so much easier since using the software, being able to access information quickly and log information easily.

Cons

It would be useful to be able to produce a report on projects without actions. At present this cannot be done

Amanda W.

Great for agencies

Reviewed on 2016/04/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I was excited to find FunctionFox designed for creatives, I had been searching for time tracking and project management suited to my work flow and set up. I can customize projects and tasks to clients, build teams, invoice and run reports to see which tasks are taking the most time or if we need to readjust a project budget. When I wanted to do something and couldn't figure it out, their customer service was prompt and friendly. I have been using FunctionFox for 2 years, it is an essential tool that makes managing staff and clients easier, and I love the new look!

Cons

I had always thought their interface was a bit tired, and its funny how that can make you feel... but the new design is awesome

Elliott B.

Great time management software

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Great time tracking/management software.

Pros

Very easy to use and intuitive time tracking software. Great reporting features. We use this to track time for 15 employees and never had a problem.

Cons

Because this is web based it sometimes locks up or we can't access it if our internet is out. A very minor problem that rarely happens.

Janette K.

Function Fox Review

Reviewed on 2016/07/25

As a newly hired Production Supervisor I was on the hunt for scheduling software to meet the needs of a growing design department. After reviewing dozens of options I decided on Function Fox and our entire team is LOVING it!
Shane Sihota, our FF Account Manager is a gem! I cannot speak highly enough about Shane and the entire experience. Any questions I have are answered quickly and Shane always jumps at any opportunity to make MY day easier! This day in age, it's almost surprising to come across someone so upbeat and positive!
I've recommended FF to everyone I know in a Project Management roll. FF far exceeds other software options. The capabilities are robust but the interface is clean and user-friendly. As new designers join our team I'm able to get them setup and trained within a day. The personal "To-Do" lists are incredibly effective in managing everyone's daily schedule. We went from chaos to controlled organization in a couple of weeks!

Pros

Interface, capabilities, options for customization, user-friendly (particularly the "to-do" lists)

Cons

The ONLY "complaint" I have is that it's not super clear where to click to customize the "To-Do" list. Once Shane pointed it out, we're all clear.

Angela R.

Love it!

Reviewed on 2017/08/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I've been using FunctionFox for years. I used it at my previous job and convinced my employer of the last decade to use it shortly after I came onboard. It keeps getting better. The new interface is very user friendly. It's a affordable solution for our company.

Pros

New, user-friendly, modern interface
Very affordable