FunctionFox

LeAnne
  • Industry: Sports

Life saver

Reviewed on 2022/02/21

The experience has been seamless. Our company has 125 employees who use this for a time keeping system to track time against retainers and projects. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] made the transition incredibly easy from our old system to FunctionFox. He had us up and running within a few days. One employee has used several different systems on various projects and remarked this is by far the best one she's used "it makes life so much easier"

Pros

Ease of use, up and running immediately, functionality, customer service

Cons

As the administrator I pull reports and the format is more difficult to review than our previous product.

Response from FunctionFox

Thanks for the very kind review LeAnne. Very much appreciated and we enjoy working with your team.

Meredith
  • Industry: Graphic Design

It won't make you lunch, but it does everything else.

Reviewed on 2021/06/23

We use Function Fox to keep track of our team's time and to quote future projects. The reporting gives us insight into areas we need to improve or quote differently. The system provides us with a big picture view of our workload along with the granular data for digging into the details. So far, I haven't found anything it cannot do, except make me lunch. :)

To make the most of the software, I think it's wise to have a dedicated project manager on staff, although our designers embraced it fairly quickly and enter their own actions and other data.

Pros

Function Fox provides several ways to track time, so designers have their choice of methods.

Even though we don't use it like we should (we're hiring a project manager soon), the Gantt charts are awesome for planning out a project and adjusting schedules as needed.

I don't have to train my designers how to use it; Function Fox provides one-to-one live tutorials.

Cons

The user interface is not as user-friendly or aesthetically pleasing as some of the other products.

Sarah
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Insufficient for large projects.

Reviewed on 2022/11/12

Pros

Customer support is professional level. The interface is fast.

Cons

Frankly, the fact that the product was not flexible and customizable could not achieve the working process I wanted. It was very inadequate for me in terms of managing my projects. They don't have many functional tools for big projects.

Response from FunctionFox

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your honest review and feedback. sorry it wasn't ideal for your needs but appreciate your comments.

Is this the Sarah H from Ohio (we have a few Sarah H)? We'd like to send you a little something for your review.

With kindness

My agency uses FunctionFox daily to log our time and track our progress.

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Pros

I like the detailed reporting, the action assignment process, the time entry process, and the ease of entering estimates.

Cons

It's a little tricky teaching people to use the software when they first start their job at my agency - we utilize learn as you go "training." Maybe the help center could compile all of their articles into one giant article like a giant FunctionFox guide for new users.

Edwin
Edwin

Well set up and effective

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Tracks time and makes it easy for people to log their hours. Produces higher quality reports than other tools. Has built in intelligence to detect start and end dates of projects.

Pros

FunctionFox has a great ability to slice and dice information on timed tasks once they are captured. I also have really enjoyed the email reminders on days when you don't log time. Overall, it seems to work consistently, once everything is set up.

Cons

User interface is confusing for most new users. A lot of the information shows on the lower half of the screen which is non-intuitive and creates confusion. The setup can be a little tedious and integrations with other tools (such as ticketing systems, salesforce) would be valuable.

Simple. Powerful.

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

Fantastic. The software is as perfect as it gets. Their developers listen to you (I've only needed to contact them once in 20 years).

Pros

The thing about time tracking is that it can be a huge pain. TimeFox removes so many barriers... it's as simple as I can imagine it being. And that's what matters most. More features mean more complexity. This software tracks your time very very well.
You can track time with a start/stop stopwatch function, enter it manually, duplicate previous entries... even across days. It's very easy to use so you don't waste time while tracking your time.

Cons

It might be limiting or expensive for some, but I have found it

Gail

Fantastic product that suits our small business needs

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

Pros

Easy of use, intuitive design, great customer support when needed. We have been able to service our customers needs so much easier since using the software, being able to access information quickly and log information easily.

Cons

It would be useful to be able to produce a report on projects without actions. At present this cannot be done

Bruce

Time Sheets and Project Management Without Tears

Reviewed on 2016/05/04

As a creative, FunctionFox makes time sheets as painless as possible. As a producer and project manager, instant access to every invoice, expense, supplier, project scope and description, is absolutely invaluable. Imagine: Quoting without darts! Estimates without any ballparks!

Pros

I can use FunctionFox simply - timesheets and expense tracking and it's light and easy to use and has a very short learning curve. But if I want to dig in at any time, it's way ahead of me with all kinds of features. The customer service is - get this - actual humans who care, who really know their product, who get to know you, and who aren't happy until you're happy. Lots of app makers have neglected any meaningful idea of true Customer Service - FunctionFox exemplifies best practices.

Cons

Not many that I can think of - especially after the redesign!

Adam
Adam
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Powerful time and project tracking features

Reviewed on 2023/03/17

universal aggregate timeslip entries by project/client across all employees is amazing. the generated reports are powerful. I am very pleased with Function Fox!

Pros

the deployment of FunctionFox in our office was the quickest seamless deployment i have every had for any SAS

Cons

cryptic way that project tasks as found. User has to go into projects tab to find the global project tasks. The "Project>Manage" Tab only allows end user to see one project at a time. i would have expected to see all projects.

Response from FunctionFox

Hi Adam,

Thanks for taking the time to provide this review. I'd love to send you a little something in the mail. Is this the same Adam B from Vernon, BC?

With Gratitude
Corina

Jennie
Jennie

My business made more money by using FunctionFox!

Reviewed on 2016/04/11

I used to manually track my time for each job, but when I started using FunctionFox and it's handy stopwatch feature, I was amazed at how much extra time I was actually spending on projects. This new information allowed me to better estimate jobs and accurately bill my clients. Accurate billing brought more financial stability to my small business. It pays for itself, keeps me organized and I love the new rebranded user interface too!

Pros

The design is strong and aesthetically pleasing along with easy-to-use intuitive features. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Customer service is phenomenal! Best time-tracking software I've used, hands down.

Cons

No complaints to report at this time.

Donna
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Very User Friendly

Reviewed on 2020/04/23

This software has helped us stay on top of billable time & streamlined our billing process as well as helped with keeping on top of budgets.

Pros

This website is Web based so it's easy for everyone to access and stay connected.
Very good customer service.

Cons

I do wish it was a little easier to customize the reports on my own.

Response from FunctionFox

Thanks Donna for your kind words. Always a pleasure to work with your team.

Steve
  • Industry: Design

Easy to use with great support!

Reviewed on 2022/10/21

People and support have always been very helpful and knowledgeable.

People and support have always been very helpful and knowledgeable.

Pros

Time tracking and project management...with service and support.

Cons

Would love an app, or more responsive site for mobile phones

Basecamp

Response from FunctionFox

Thanks so much Steve. Thank you for your kind words.

We'd like to send a little something to you in the mail. Is this the Steve B from Charleston? (we have a few Steve B's) :)

With gratitude
Corina and the Fox team

Tim
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

I depend on this powerful tool to manage my small business effectively

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Using the timesheet capability has become a completely natural part of my day.
The reporting by...

Using the timesheet capability has become a completely natural part of my day.
The reporting by project capability provides the essential data that allows me to prepare my invoices manually (outside of FunctionFox). For my small business, its convenience and ease of use justifies the annual cost.

Pros

Easy setup of new clients, projects, tasks and hourly rates.
Very easy to pull reports of timesheets and associated fees in order to understand actuals, and use these in preparing invoices.
The ability to archive past projects and even clients keeps the program from being cluttered.

Cons

I only use a small part of FunctionFox's capabilities, and I have only high praise for the parts of the software that I use.

Subscribing to FunctionFox is one of the best business decisions I’ve made

Reviewed on 2016/04/08

For several years, I have used FunctionFox every day, to record my time and manage my projects. I found setup really simple, and day-to-day use is a cinch – I record my time with FunctionFox’s timer, which makes it easy to switch between clients and projects. Generating reports takes seconds, and FunctionFox has let me cut admin time that I used to spend searching through old emails and scribbled notes to do my billing. With FunctionFox, once I’ve entered my time, I can use the information for loads of things: to create more accurate estimates for similar projects; to track my actual time against my estimates (very useful for keeping clients informed); to create and adjust invoices; and to show clients exactly what I’ve done for them.

Pros

Since I started using FunctionFox, I’ve captured significantly more billable hours every month to. I find this program to be simple, flexible and really affordable. Also, customer service is completely free, with a service rep assigned specifically to me. That means I can always talk to someone who understands my business whenever I have a question, as often as I need, completely free. All in all, subscribing to FunctionFox is one of the best business decisions I’ve made.

Cons

If you’re looking for a product with all possible bells and whistles, you may need to keep looking. You can export data from FunctionFox to other programs pretty easily, but accounting features aren’t built in.

Heidi

The best!

Reviewed on 2023/04/11

I love FunctionFox! It is so easy to use. With the dashboards I am able to see in real time how we are doing with timelines and budgets on all of our projects.

Pros

FunctionFox is easy to use. I've been using it for over 10 years and I have no intentions of ever switching.

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about FunctionFox.

Response from FunctionFox

WOW! Thanks for your 10/10 comment! We truly appreciate it and your business.

With gratitude
Corina

Katie
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

DTE Review

Reviewed on 2023/03/01

My experience has been great and that is attributed to the service provided by [sensitive content hidden].

Pros

The customer service has been outstanding. [sensitive content hidden] have been incredibly responsive and helpful which is greatly appreciated.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. If anything what I like least about this process is that my team doesn't adopt using it fast enough. Implementing change in culture often takes time as does new habits associated with entering time. It's been a slow process for everyone to adopt but it will only improve our efficiencies and work life balance once everyone is using it as they should.

Response from FunctionFox

Katie - thanks so much for your outstanding review. We've popped a little something in the mail for you as a little thanks. :)

Julie

Couldn't do without this product

Reviewed on 2022/07/26

FunctionFox has been part of our business for over 20 years. This is an app that has grown with us. Their service team is always quick to response and help us make the best use of the product and open to suggestions. This is one service we couldn't do without.

Pros

Easy to use, tier access to functionalities, quick and trackable time, job costs and invoicing.

Cons

Cannot think of any negative feedback at this time

Response from FunctionFox

HOLY WOW! Thank you Julie! We have always enjoyed working with you and are grateful for your support over 20+ years. thank you for your kind testimonial.

Michael
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Good if used properly

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

It's a very nice way to properly track time spent on projects, clients, etc. Over the course of the year, you can see where you've gone over on hours and where you might want to dedicate more time. When you give clients a certain amount of time per month, having software like this is essential for tracking purposes.

Pros

It made it very easy to track time for clients over the course of the day, week, and month. Quite customizable, so we were able to have it fit our needs.

Cons

Nothing in particular comes to mind. It is solid software for time tracking.

Margaret

Customer Service is worth its price in gold

Reviewed on 2023/02/17

Great! The customer service alone is worth the price we pay, we are always treated so well, and the team goes above and beyond to solve any questions/issues we run across!

Pros

Easy, accessible, and allows us to manage the billable and nonbillable hours for our agency in a snap.

Cons

Just our lack of knowledge of what else could serve our agency better, but we are learning!

Response from FunctionFox

Thanks for your kind comments Margaret - we truly appreciate it and your ongoing support.

Vicki
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Helps to Manage Time Spent on Client Projects

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

When dealing with clients and billing them, this is a great product. It's reasonably priced, easy to use and improves our billing, which helps not only our company, but gives our clients the assurance that we are billing appropriately and accurately.

Pros

This product keeps track of all of my notes on my clients' projects. This helps to ensure that my billing is accurate.

Cons

This product is not accessible when the internet is down. It would be great to have a resident version on my computer when internet is out.

Jillian

FunctionFox review - Graphic Designer

Reviewed on 2016/09/26

Pros

I like how easily I can track my time through the use of the built-in timer / clock. I have used this product for 3 years and I do like the way the interface and design is evolving.

Cons

I wish there was a more intuitive and visual way to view schedules. It's very clunky and they're basically buried. They are not very helpful in a list format and would be much better suited if they could be color coded and interface with a calendar like Google. I don't like that when you do make a change to a schedule it doesn't automatically shift other items around. I keep track of my schedules best by simply speaking with my colleagues and writing on the work order. As far as I'm concerned the current schedule process in time fox is a waste of time.

I also dislike that when I change tabs in one job I have to refind it again when the page changes.

Bonney

I have been using FunctionFox for over 10 years and it's made me a better Producer!

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

Pros

FunctionFox is easy to use, very intuitive and is a real time-saver. I especially like all the reports I can run. The "Action Report" in particular has made our weekly Traffic Meetings more efficient, with everyone starting the week on the same page.

Cons

It would be great to be able to generate Purchase Orders. Also, it would be helpful, and more efficient, if you could upload more than one file at a time to Flink.

Mary
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Very helpful software for our very small business

Reviewed on 2022/07/13

I am keeping track of billable time much better than without it.

I am keeping track of billable time much better than without it.

Pros

keeping track of time for various projects

Cons

can't think of anything. You're not going to get this submission requiring all this information

Response from FunctionFox

WOW! Thanks for your kind review Mary. We're thankful it's helping you keep track of billable time much better!

Leigh
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Everything works, it's easy, and even kind of fun

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

Ease of time tracking multiple tasks on multiple projects for multiple clients.

Ease of time tracking multiple tasks on multiple projects for multiple clients.

Pros

Very user-friendly, easy to use. Allows for flexibility in choosing reports to print/save/share. Flexibility also in going back to add in hours on a day when you might have forgotten them. Terrific customer support - first in the "getting started" tutorial/hand-holding, to any follow up questions.

Cons

There is really nothing to "not like", from my experience with FunctionFox. I've been using it for about two years, and have had no negative experiences with it.

Warren
  • Industry: Design

Best time tracking software by far!

Reviewed on 2022/07/25

Better quoting and invoicing, less time lost.

Better quoting and invoicing, less time lost.

Pros

Super easy to use. You just start using it, simple. Great reporting features.

Cons

CEO desktop provides a great snapshot of all customers and project status.

Response from FunctionFox

Wow thanks for the kind FOX LOVE Warren! Very much appreciate your support and kindness and love of the product.