Bannersnack Reviews

4.6/5 (170 reviews)
Eric R.

Best Banner Generator Out There For The Price

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

Overall I'm very happy with what Bannersnack has helped me achieve with my line of work. We were able to breathe new life into an advertising product that had grown somewhat stale of late and with recent software changes in our advertising networks, we'll be relying even more heavily on this service. The other players in the market that offer this kind of service are either unintuitive, unimaginitive or unbecoming of the kind of image we would want to portray with online advertising. We've actually saved money overall since we'd previously been paying designers to make a smaller set of ads on our behalf and those were simply static images. I recommend this service to anyone I meet that's looking for this kind of thing as it was recommended to me by a friend. Sure, there's always something that could be better, a bug fixed here and there, but I think for the money, this is the best solution out there right now.

Pros

The Banner Generator! I work in online advertising and this tool has been very helpful in getting a number of ads made in all sizes for the networks we use quickly and efficiently. We used to rely on designers doing a bunch of work by hand and have to wait days or even weeks for mediocre results. Now I can make the ads myself in less than a day and the animation has made our clients much more appreciative. We can dial in the layouts we like the most, then it's a simple matter to duplicate banner sets and make revisions to get unique banners for each client. Bannersnack has saved us a ton of time and gave our service a fresh new look.

Though we use HTML5 for the actual advertising, I like that I can send GIFs as example files to my clients. I'm excited to see what the Branded share links look like, since right now we're sending GIFs as previews. I'd love to see a bulk download feature for GIFs, but I can understand why this might be a bit daunting in terms of resource usage.

Cons

Though the process of creating images using the generator is getting better, there are still a few bugs that need sorting. There are definitely some quirks and the occasional service outage where a banner set might take a long time to save or you can't export for a bit, but this is definitely the exception and not the rule. I can only recall one particularly bad day where the service wasn't working for a few hours, but I didn't end up losing any work, just time.

Sometimes text elements don't get updated when you copy banner sets. The workaround is you have to remove the image from the set, then add it back in to get it to update correctly. Sometimes drop shadows look incongruous across all image sizes and you need to update the global values if you've been resizing or moving elements within individual ads. I've gotten used to these slight irritations and I'm sure they'll be fixed over time, but I'm happy overall with what I can achieve with the service.

I'd love more options to change the text, like a stroke which helps text stand out against wider ranges of colors for background images. The 'Hit' animation template is a bit buggy and doesn't always play nice when you have a lot of elements, so I typically just opt for a different template that's more consistent. I'd love to see more templates, both for layout and animation.

There was a recent rate hike for adding multiple users which our team will be needing soon, which is a bummer, but comes with the territory I reckon.

Jillian H.

Great Tool for Custom Banner Designing

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Overall, Bannersnack is really a life-changing work program. We started using them in the Fall of 2017 and we haven't gone back. Other banner designing programs just didn't match up to the quality and customer service we've seen in Bannersnack. The online chat for questions is WONDERFUL. They are available almost 24/7 and I've never had to wait very long for a response. Very kind people who clearly care about their customers!

Pros

I LOVE how much Bannersnack has increased in features in just over a year. They are constantly updating their software and taking customers' feedback into actual consideration. For those who are not so design-minded, they supply a large amount of aesthetically-pleasing templates and pre-made copy designs. Additionally, there are SO many options when designing a custom banner as well. As someone who is accustomed to Photoshop, I feel like I am not missing out on a ton of features when designing in Bannersnack.

Another wonderful feature is being able to upload my own fonts and logos. Designing banners as Sets also saves me a lot of time when I am putting the same design on multiple banner sizes. The reason we started using Bannersnack in the first place was the ability to export as HTML5 and have animated banner ads. I've been so happy with how they have continued advancing the customization options of the animated features! So many of our clients are happy with these animated ads we create.

Cons

Bannersnack does occasionally have bugs. Occasionally the editor screen will lead to a blank white page, and if I haven't saved my banner, I will have to start over. I've also had issues with Bannersnack changing the font when exported with my own uploaded fonts. Another thing I would like to see at some point is the ability to preview all the sizes of banners I make in one link, instead of having three separate links for 3 separate sizes.

Justin R.

Perfect Replacement for Not Having a Junior Designer

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

Pros

As a company who does not have a designer on staff, Bannernack allows us to easily create banners for our AdWords advertising, Facebook posts, etc. We also sell advertising space on our homepage, and are able to use Bannersnack to quickly churn out simple dynamic HTML banners for companies who pay to advertise on our site. Their feedback has all been positive.

The functionality is intuitive and advanced, and since they are constantly adding new pre-made designs it's incredibly easy to pick a base template and customize it. Though, for someone with a more creative acumen building something from scratch would be very easy, as well.

Cons

Only real downside to the software is that if you design a Banner Set and attempt to use their exported ZIP file into Doubleclick it will not import properly. It's a huge inconvenience, as you then have to download each banner as a GIF (which sometimes affects the animation fluidity) individually and add them into DFP individually.

I was assured by customer service that this was something they were working on when I wrote in to them in June 2018. It's been almost two months at the time of writing this review but I haven't heard any updates. Outside of this one issue, I have no other complaints.

Response from Bannersnack

Hello Justin,

We would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to rate Bannersnack, it's much appreciated! We're happy to hear you find our platform easy to use and intuitive, as this is our main goal, to make it as user-friendly as possible. We would like to apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner regarding your initial DFP issue, it was a mistake on our end and we look at it as a great learning experience for all of us here at Bannersnack.

Now, regarding your issue, from the screenshot you provided via our live chat, it looks like you have selected the Image option from the DFP Creative Choices, as opposed to the HTML5 option. Please refer to this screenshot to better understand what I am referring to: https://www.screencast.com/t/CRzXHuXH6JR.

Kindly try using the HTML5 option and let us know via our live chat if the error still occurs.

Jake M.

Extremely useful for many reasons!

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

I’ve used Bannersnack for many things, but mostly for creating ads for bot my own websites and client’s websites. I also use it to make quick edits on photos. It’s not photoshop, but you can do a lot with it! Overall, I’m extremely pleased with Bannersnack.

Pros

Allows you to be creative as you want! Unlimited possibilities, easy to use, amazing customer support, a must-have for anyone in marketing or web design. I use Bannersnack for many things: ads (obviously), editing images, reformatting photos, simple logo design, the list goes on. It’s just a great and simple tool to have.

Cons

A little pricey, but you get what you pay for! I’ve experienced a few glitches, but I will not complain because I haven’t tried it on other browsers.

Response from Bannersnack

Hey Jake!

It is a pleasure to read reviews like yours, big thanks go out to you from our team! Creative people just like you find new possibilities everyday with Bannersnack. Our goal is to make banner creation fast and accessible for everyone through our professional templates and great user interface. Regarding the glitches you experienced they might be just temporary or browser related, for the best experience we recommend using Chrome. In any case, if you are in trouble drop a message to our customer support and we will help you out.

Jeff M.

Bannersnack - Cool Banners in 15 Minutes

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/10

A great tool for any client or agency that needs banner ads quickly and with a sense of design style. HTML5 is super simple with 1 click and copying & pasting ad sets allows for a/b versions to be created simply.

Highly recommended! Skip going to designers (and developers for HTML5) and get this tool - well worth it!

Pros

Very easy to use to create static or HTML5 banners. Our agency has a huge need for a design solution that doesn't take up a lot of designer time (and thus takes forever to get done). BannerSnack is so simple to quickly make banners even if you are not designer, and with a click of a button makes the ads HTML5 for higher performing ad choices.

Cheap to use - stunning templates - no design chops needed. Use it to quickly spin up banner ads that don't make it look like Bill from accounting did them.

Simple downloading of files to upload into Adwords or Adroll etc.

Cons

The 'suite' service to create 1 ad and then apply it to different sizes doesn't work great so I need to create each banner separately but not a big deal.

Would love if they had an option to add all info individually and then the system spits out ads.

Response from Bannersnack

Hello Jeff,
We're excited to hear that Bannersnack is working so great for you and your agency and we wanted to let you know that we're doing our best to improve the workflow and the overall user experience on our platform. It would be helpful for us if you could contact us on our live chat and tell us more about what you want to see implemented in Bannersnack.
Thanks again for taking your time to share this with us !

Nick D.

An efficient, easy way to create banner ads! But there's room for growth.

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Very positive. Whenever an issue comes up like image compression or exporting issues, their team is quick to find a solution and keep me informed on the process. As an agency, we've been able to greatly improve our workflow speeds.

Pros

Greatly increases work efficiency and makes the process of animating display ads easy and intuitive.

Cons

Doesn't yet offer more complex animations or allow extremely heavy customization to their current animations. Also - they banner set designer is a great idea, but just doesn't work in most cases. Only in the most simple of ads does it work well.

Response from Bannersnack

Hello Nick,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this helpful review. We really appreciate you and your agency and we wanted you to know that we're constantly working on improving the platform. It would be really helpful for us if you could contact us on our live chat and tell us more about the issues you had with the Generator.
Thanks again and please let us know what we can do for you in the future.

The Bannersnack Team

Katherine W.

The Bulk Banner Set Feature is 5 Star!

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Fantastic, I've used it within multiple roles and companies - every time if saves time and money.

Pros

The bulk banner design set feature has been a god send and saves so much time. Plus there's such a great selection of design templates to choose from.

Cons

The only criticisms I have is that the banners appear to loose a little quality once downloaded compared to the design version.

Response from Bannersnack

Hello Katherine ,
Thank you for your lovely review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Bannersnack and helping to share the word about us.
It would be even more useful for us if you can contact us on our live chat and tell us more about the quality issues you had.
Thanks!

James Y.

Stop banging your head against the wall when you need to make banners!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/02/22

We use it to create display campaigns for our clients. It's flexible and fast enough to allow us to deliver excellent quality at record speeds and has made display advertising something we're able to offer as part of our other services without losing hours making tweaks and finding the best way to keep designs uniform across banner sizes and platforms.

Pros

Easily one of my favorite tools, Bannersnack makes display banner creation nearly effortless! The old way: create a bloated PSD file for every possible banner size and organize campaigns or clients into structured folders. The new way: Bannersnack - choose the sizes you need, upload your background, type in your copy, headline and button Call-To-Action and spend 10 minutes doing some minor adjustments. Done.

I couldn't imagine my team making display banners for client campaigns in any other way. It would be such a waste of time and resources if we did.

Cons

While its all point and click simple to use... sometimes spacing and sizing on the different banner sizes selected don't format entirely as expected. Not a deal breaker by any means, but depending on the copy and graphics used, it can quickly turn into an exercise in tedious clicking and tweaking to things just right. But even then, its still infinitely faster than doing it manually in Photoshop.

Response from Bannersnack

Hey James!
Thank you so much for this great 5-star review. We're excited to hear that Bannersnack is working so well for you and your team and we really appreciate you being a loyal customer! Thanks again and don't forget that we¿re here for you anytime.

Nancy C.

Love the this easy-to-use software. You can make a impactful banners without being a graphic artist.

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Saved time and money - I can make my own banners without hiring a graphic designer to create my ads.

Pros

Templates and premade banners you can modify to make your own.
Easily adjust banner sizes, add text and images.

Cons

Keep adding new banner designs. I would like to see more banners designs for B2B companies. I work for a traffic engineering company.
Please bring back the X|Y coordinate fields so we can position elements to specific locations. I can see the X|Y coordinates when hoovering over an element, but it is difficult to align multiple elements to the same location.
I would also like to see a cropping function for images. If I need to crop images, I use PicMonkey and then import into Bannersnack.

Karen H.

Great value for the money! Banners in minutes!

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

The price is very reasonable and the software has enabled me to save by not having to hire a designer.

Pros

The software has a ton of flexibility for me to create any banner using any graphics or fonts. I am no designer so the ease of use was very important. Another great thing is the predefined layouts and font combos. When I try to do it myself, i always looks funky! Bannersnack to the rescue. Once I discovered the text layouts I was able to create banners that look like they were designed a by a pro.

Cons

The saving, and saving into different folders is a tad bit clunky but now I'm really being nit picky.

Response from Bannersnack

Hello Karen,

Allow me to thank you for this wonderful review. It is our goal to make banner design effortless to people like you. No need to spend a fortune on a designer when you can always rely on our banner templates and text layouts to end up with something brilliant that will attract customers.
Speaking of templates, Halloween is on our doorstep so be sure to check them out this month, we have some new designs in store for you. Also we are constantly looking to improve our interface so if you have any specific requests or suggestions on how to improve our Saving process just give your feedback to our support team and they will pass it on to the product team for a review.

Hanah S.

Can make the Banner I want

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/11/24

Overall, I had an issue at first in finding a banner site. I have a Youtube page for my ministry and working on one for my business. I wanted a banner site that was just like this one. I wanted to create a quick banner without the hassle. I used to look around for banner sites and this one allows me to create a banner to talk about my newsletter subscription.

Pros

I love this site. I love how I can choose from loads of images for my banner or take one of my photos from my desktop to put on my banner. There are many image choices and some sites don’t have that. This site has many images which helps my creative process. When I create the banners I want I can add different types of text and put each text how I want to on my banner. I am not limited. I also love how when I add the text I want in the text box I can also enlarge the text and also the banner template. I like to move stuff around as I work on my text banner ideas. The next thing I like about this site is that I can add logo images or basic shapes to my banner for my social media pages. I can add more than one as well. This is an easy tool to use.

Cons

When you use the tools on this website there are many options or choices to choose from, but if you don’t have premium you can’t get the extra options you may want. The free version is very good, but it would be nice to have a bit more options added to it as well. The other thing that I noticed about this site is that you only have a set amount of free banners you can set up. I would love at least a few more. It would be nice.

Response from Bannersnack

Hello Hanah,

Many thanks, your feedback is really refreshing. Bannersnack is all about making the creation of banners a child¿s play so we are glad this is reflected in our user¿s reviews so often. Even though our free plan has a limit on the amount of banners you can create I can give you a small hint: edit one of your existing banners to create a new design and then save it to download your new creation. See you on Bannersnack!

O. kelvin K.

Creates hundreds of banners flawlessly

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Helps me create hundreds of banners flawlessly in few hours.

Saves me time, makes me more money by working smart, not hard.

Pros

I got tired of using Photoshop as my workload increased more and more.

I got tired of designing from scratch all the time.

I got tired of straining my brain just to come up with design concepts, and a couple of other struggles that comes with traditional design tools.

I went in search for a better tool to save me from the pains I go through everyday, and Bannarsnack was my choice.

Ever since I started using it I only wished I found it earlier, all thanks to the thousands of templates you can use to create banners in few minutes.

I recommend it for anyone handling bulk designs for clients.

Cons

Price is a bit steep, nothing more for now.

Darrin W.

Bannersnack is a good platform that helped me create and manage banner campaigns

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

As far as creating, deploying, and managing banners is concerned, it does its job well enough. The whole user dashboard is quite user-friendly. But the speed of loading up the banners was way too slow, and this may have ultimately affected the banner CTR, among other possible factors.

Pros

I liked Bannersnack in that they made it easy to create and manage my banner campaigns. They offer a free trial and visitor tracking statistics so you can measure and see how effective your campaign is.

Cons

The speed of loading up the banners was really slow, and even in the best of times, not as fast as I would like. It literally took like 10+ seconds to load a banner. This slow loading often meant that visitors did not even get to see the banner before clicking or scrolling away. Also, banner blindness was very common, and very few people actually noticed or bothered about the banners.

Response from Bannersnack

Hello Darrin,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our platform. It sounds like you are serving your banners via embed code. We would love it if you could hop on Bannersnack.com and use the live chat icon in the bottom right corner to provide some additional information regarding your issue so we can run some tests and pinpoint the problem. Looking forward to hearing from you on our live chat!

5.0/10
Claudia K.

Great for basic edits and creating graphics

Reviewed on 2019/01/26

Been using it for years - easy to use and runs light in the browser. Have since started a picmonkey subscription to as it offers slightly more advanaced editing options as well as huge library of graphics

Pros

Easy inuitive user interface - system is very quick and easy to pick up.
Provides a variety of format to export in
Files are organised with minimal effort, and can search by file name etc

Cons

Some strange basic things missing - unable to justify text, for example.
Would be great to have more vectors and cliparts etc available to use

Response from Bannersnack

Hello Claudia,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this helpful review. We wanted to let you know that we're constantly working to improve the workflow and the overall user experience on our platform! It would be even more useful for us if you can contact us on our live chat and tell us more about the advanced editing options you would like to see on our platform.
Thanks again!

Bobby B.

Get Things Moving Fast with Bannersnack!

Reviewed on 2019/03/09

Pros

I love the way that we can colab with our team members. The software has lots of premade templates that help to jumpstart the design process.

Cons

Honestly, nothing as of yet. We've been using it for a good bit of time already.

Response from Bannersnack

Hello Bobby,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about team collaboration!
If there's anything we can help you with don't hesitate to contact us on our live chat!

Bobby B.

Best Value!

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

We've been using the Bannersnack product for a few years now. We've grown with them. The software allows us to do all our creative digital ad creation from one central location...Making it quick and easy.

Pros

The software offers many great features. However, the fact that you can create banner sets (multiple banner ad size) with one click is by far one of the great features.

Cons

Editing of individual creative(s) after you have made a banner set is frustrating.

Celena D.

Great idea, still some bugs

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Good but could be better. Am with a company that pays for the full service and I feel that there have been too many days where we spent hours in contact with the support team trying to fix a sudden bug.

Pros

The ability to make multiple display ads at once. Having the ability to add one file and it goes to each different size makes the process much faster compared to using photoshop or another software

Cons

The bugs. It seems that bugs come and go weekly with Bannersnack. A couple I've encountered:
- The screen suddenly going all white in the middle of working on a set and I lose all unsaved work
- Scaling text deletes its saved letter spacing/line height options
- Inabilitiy to download a zip of a set (having to download each size individually)

7.0/10
Kathleen M.

Easy Tool for Professional Results

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/25

I have been very impressed with the customer service as well as the quality of the Bannersnack tools. Sometimes, the agent is too quick to gloss over what I have typed into a chat, to cut to a chase that may be a more commonly asked question. But the attitude is great, and when I point this out, I can get assistance with my issues quickly and professionally.

Pros

The best part of the Bannersnack program is that I am able to achieve attractive, professional quality ads without any skill or talent in graphic design! That and the granular reporting that enables me to A/B split ads to improve results. This tool is awesome!

Cons

I'd have to make something up to give a good response to this. While there are features I don't use, it would not be fair to say I like them least. This is an impressive suite of tools.

Response from Bannersnack

Hello Laurie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review.
We really appreciate it and please let us know what we can do for you in the future.

My go to software for ad design

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

Pros

This software allows me to save time in creating ads for my clients. It's intuitive and has many templates if you need them for creative ideas. I also like the fact that this software is evolving and getting better. I always appreciate a company that gives good support with their products. Bannersnack excels in support. It doesn't feel like I am getting an answer from a support checklist when I ask a question. Their responses are personal and to the point.

Cons

There are a few limitations when creating banner ad sets, but have found some workarounds with the help of their excellent support.

Response from Bannersnack

Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to review Bannersnack, it's much appreciated! We're happy to hear that you enjoy our platform as much as we do. We are continuously working on improving Bannersnack and our customer service and support. Given the fact that our Banner Generator is such a complex component, at the moment, it does not contain all the features that the Single Banner Editor does, but we have big plans and a lot of updates in the Banner Generator area coming in the near future, so stay tuned!

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Pros

The team! I have been using Bannersnack for a little over a year and have only had positive experiences with the support team and our Account Manager. Whenever things come up that I think could be improved or issues that I'm having, the Bannersnack team works tirelessly to help out, have a conversation and come up with a solution.

Cons

It does have a few bugs and kinks that need to be worked out. However, the team is open to hearing about these issues and fixing them!

Brandon R.

My company loves the tool! It allows us to make very good looking ads quickly. I would recommend it.

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

i think the biggest benefit is the ease of use and how quickly we can turn beautiful ads.

We have been using bannersnack for about 2 years now and i honestly have zero complaints to date. its been super hepful to my agency.

Pros

I think the ease of use must be pointed out. You don't have to be a graphic artist to make beautiful ads that can help your campaigns convert.

Good for banner creation, management and tracking

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/04/30

I used Banner snack for months in collaboration with an associate and I found the CTR and effectiveness of the banners to be pretty much lackluster and ineffective. After a few months, I removed all their banners from my site. The poor performance may have been caused by the slow loading of the banners, but this was back in 2016, and Bannersnack may have improved since then.

Pros

Bannersnack is good for creating banners and starting a campaign to track and monitor them. The site offers good functionality to create attractive banners of different sizes and shapes, and then allows one to monitor their traffic, CTR, and how they are performing. Customer support is usually around and responsive too. The free plan is a bit limited understandably, but their overall pricing plans are still quite reasonable.

Cons

Their servers were slow and the loading of banners often took a long time to complete, while the webpage and content had already been long loaded up, waiting for the banners to appear. This slowness could be significant and lead to poor CTR or interest in the banners. The banner design was also limited in terms of how attractive you could design them, so it was often best to create your banners on your own, and upload them to Bannersnack.

Response from Bannersnack

Hello there,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We're sorry to hear you've encountered issues with our service. Would it be possible for you to contact us on our live chat to see if we can identify and fix the issue?

7.0/10
Chilufya M.

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

We do Wifi marketing and bannersnack takes care of all our Ads for our clients

Pros

We are a small team with limited design skills, with bannersnack, we look like a team of Pros to our clients.

Cons

I think there is need for more tutorials especially on advanced features

Response from Bannersnack

Hello Chilufya,
Thanks for your message. I'm delighted to hear that so far you had such a great experience on our platfom and see that Bannersnack is working so well for you and your team!
We're trying to keep our tutorials section updated and we're constantly adding new. tutorials. It would be even more helpful for us if you can contact us on our live chat and tell us more about which topics you would like us to cover!
Thanks again for this positive feedback!

Tim B.

I love Bannersnack...and the name!

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

I use this daily to make quick Facebook post images, and web banners for our customers. I even choose it over Photoshop...probably 9 out of 10 times.

Pros

SO easy to drag and drop images, texts and backgrounds and to animate. I use it every day!

Cons

I wish it was easier to delete images from "my images." Other than that, I like it all!

Terra G.

So Easy

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

This completely changed how we make animated banners. We thought we needed to hire someone with advanced coding skills but turns out, we don't. We were making banners in a matter of minutes. It was so simple to figure out and once we did a few basic ones we started realizing more and more of what we could do. We now have the fanciest banners around!

Cons

Support team was there for me and nice, but they didn't actually end up solving our issue, which should have been simple as I was trying to implement one of their features we were paying more for. It basically came down to "well, I don't know why it's not working and I don't know what to tell you" but they were still very nice.

Response from Bannersnack

Hello Terra,
Thanks for your message and for the 5 stars review! We're delighted to hear that so far you had such a great experience on our platform but it would mean a lot for us if you can contact us again on our live chat so we can try to assist you again on your issue.
Thanks again !