Alicia A.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Solid e-commerce solution

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

It's a great product, however you do need a developer team to have it fully set up. If you have a dev team, this is the best option since you can have pretty much unlimited customization options.

Pros

Prestashop is a wonderful solution for creating a fully personalized e-commerce website. I also has a wide range of add-ons to complement what you're looking for. This add ons include solutions for gateways for payments, marketing, and design/display.

Cons

Add-ons can be a bit expensive. Also the learning curve for the admin users can be pretty steep.

Olusegun S.

A Beautiful User Interface Shopping Cart Software

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

Its a great shopping cart software , it only needs the developer of the shopping cart to make the admin dashboard to be easy to use, then all countries needs to be added by default in their future versions. As for the front end design, its perfect! then

Pros

I so much love its themes because they're so elegant and responsive on all devices. Prestashop also has some nice plugins which are free then i love its product image zoom feature. Then cross-selling products on Prestashop is excellent. Ability to install different languages at the admin dashboard so that the website visitors can translate the store in their respective languages is great.

Cons

Prestashop themes are expensive and their customer support doesn't respond on time which isn't good enough. All countries aren't installed in the localization section of the admin dashboard which will hinder those buyers from the excluded countries from completing their transactions. Whenever you have issues at the admin dashboard section, you must have a basic PHP knowledge to fix it

Fabian P.

The best online shop platform I ever used

Reviewed on 2018/06/30

Pros

If you want a professional store setup you need to take a look at prestashop. Don't be scared by the rugged design, you can change it by buying a premium template builder, and build your store without the need for any code. The simpleness of the platform and easy updating, one click upgrade make it the best free software for most businesses. If you plan on having thousand and thousand of products you are in need of some key modules,but they are easily available and not that expensive. Is it a no brainer for any business man that in order to get the same quality from some other platform you should invest thousands of dollars in it.

Cons

You have to understand what you are doing, maybe whach a few tutorials, and setup your security properly, also keep in mind that are some tweaks for fast caching and the importance of using a CDN.

Scott F.

Decent Online Store Option, But Has Drawbacks

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

I've got a ton of experience with running and configuring Magento, but I wanted to try PrestaShop simply to use something different on my own business storefront to expand my own knowledge, not to mention that Magento needs more power than PrestaShop. Although PS is easy enough to setup and get running, it lacks a few features which I would consider "standard" by today's terms, not to mention that there is also a serious lack of free/opens source plug-ins available for it like Magento has, which includes things like themes. Overall, the store does its job and works well once all the modules are in place, but In the grand scheme, I would consider PrestaShop as a stepping stone to something bigger and better like Magento or more.

Pros

Prestashop is for the large part, free to use, and pretty easy to setup and maintain. Most website hosting companies have a single-click installer for it, making getting started easy. Creating categories, products and advanced products is all very easy with very nice menus and layouts, and the default theme is surprisingly useful. Prestashop also comes with many of today's standard features built-in.

Cons

The cost of the add-on modules for PrestaShop is ridiculous, and so is the platform's reliance on those modules. There is no way to do anything except free or basic flat-rate shipping unless you spend considerable monies on buying realtime rates modules for EACH shipper, or subscribing to a third-party app that combines and does the checking in a single package, which is costly. Accessing anything except the software's basic features can be incredibly clumsy as well.

Daniel S.

One of the best CMS for shopping

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

Pros

Prestashop is one of the leading platforms for ecommerce, we use it extensively on building custom made shops, but you can really just install it and upload a couple of products and you are done, have a brand new online shop.
It's very ease to use for beginners and advanced users alike.
It has top knotch addons and modules to be install, free and paid.
The dashboard is amazingly simple and you can find all the tools you just by browsing over the top categories.

Cons

It can be difficult to upgrade major versions, as you have to custom rebuild all your code and modules.

Sergio R.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best E-commerce Solution

Reviewed on 2017/02/06

I have been using it for about 5 years. So far, I cannot imagine my business without it. It has most of the functionalities you may need and there are a lot of third-party modules providers that will help you with special and specific features you may need.

Pros

You will find most of the features you may need.
Multiple languages.
Multiple currencies.

Cons

Not able to modify some things, however you will be able to find third-party modules.
I did not have the best experience with customer support so maybe you will have to know about it, use the community support or have someone specialized in it.

Aleksandr L.

A good option to create an online store

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

Pros

I have been using PrestaShop for many years now and I don’t think to switch to another service. I like the fact that in this CMS it is convenient to work with clients. Using email, I quickly notify clients of new promotions, and the ability to synchronize with popular social networks helps to work with clients outside the site.

Cons

The engine consumes a lot of resources, which is why the server is slow. Since I used other CMS, I can say that the problem is not in the server. PrestaShop is most likely poorly optimized.

Johann C.

Point of view from a web host

Reviewed on 2021/01/27

Pros

Hi,
We host many clients using prestashop over the years (https://www.yoorshop.hosting/), and we must admit that prestashop is as good as promises. It is fast natively if you use an optimized theme, and latest PHP 7 versions. Combined with our NVMe SSD, users confirmed that speed is really higher in back office.

Cons

Sometimes, upgrades are failing and require a webmaster

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great no-fees E-Commerce website

Reviewed on 2015/12/10

I have been using PrestaShop over the past year as my back-end e-commerce storefront, with a WIX front-end to bring people in, for my partner's online greeting card and wall decor business (http://www.obunny.ca). Have tried to implement the newly-introduced "grid" SKU setting to replace the standard "list" SKU setting, but the software doesn't seem to allow for it. With my PayPal transaction gateway, only about half the transactions seem to show up in PrestaShop's "Orders" stack (thankfully PayPal notifies me that a payment has come in), so I have to manually convert the shopping-cart list into an order. PrestaShop offers many free modules which can be added on to your site, including social media links, LiveChat, etc.

Pros

No monthly fees, easy integration with PayPal payment gateway.

Cons

Limited technical support, which relies mainly on user groups who might or might not respond to your question. Shipping costs do not always calculate accurately, and multiple shipping cost options (eg. regular parcel mail, Next-day Air, 2-day Air) for customers to choose from could be a nice improvement to add in. When modules are updated, it is all too easy to re-install the "default" content which the module provide, rather than continuing on with your custom content.

Ralph N.

Prestashop - Don't use for lots of products

Reviewed on 2016/01/20

I have three stores now with Prestashop, which I have been using for over six years. I would say that the older versions worked perfectly well and I had no problems. I would have given 5 stars in all areas. (I am talking version 1.6.0.9 or thereabouts)
Unwittingly "upgrading" to the latest versions, I'm now on 1.6.0.14, has rendered Prestashop almost unworkable. It only works now for me thanks to the brilliant paid add-on Store Manager.
My two sites with fewer products - 20 and 1200 respectively, work fine still.
My main site, which is my main source of income has 4,500 products. I cannot edit or save products (which is where Store Manager comes in). The search indexing does not work. CSV product import will not work. Database backups always time out. There are frequent errors with Payment gateways. Every recommended update usually causes new problems.
All this despite the fact that I am using the default template and have made no code changes.
Support is absolutely zero. My problems have been well discussed on the forums for over two years and are common. The programmers do nothing. I am not a programmer. I have spent over $2000 on programming help over the last two years just to keep my site running - and Prestashop is supposed to be "Open Source" and free.
I would highly recommend Prestashop if you have few products, but I would say that if you start to go over 2000 then in my experience it simply does not work. The programmers are too busy making add ons which they make money on, than getting the basic shell to work.
Transferring to another cart now would be a nightmare, largely because of the huge number of product photos, I think about 30,000 now.

Pros

Brilliant for a small number of products, say up to 2000 - 2,500. Runs like clockwork

Cons

If you have a large number of products, don't waste your time or money, Prestashop does not work, unless you can install the old version 1.6.0.9 (download links are still available)

Dasha S.

Convenient to work and collect statistics

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

Pros

I have been working with CMS PrestaShop for over a year. I like the platform because it easily integrates with social networks and data collection tools. Our company has easily worked with Facebook, Twitter and Google Analytics.

Cons

We have a fairly large online store, which is visited by about 500 people per day. This leads to a heavy load on the server. I'm afraid that with the development of the site will only get worse.

Marvin L.

Amazing open source e-commerce software that outshines the competition

Reviewed on 2019/04/27

Pros

- a ton of features
- marketplace with many templates and integrations (payment providers, logistics, analytics, etc.)
- everything is open source available on GitHub
- extremely easy installation (even my granny could do it)
- you can use a hosting company that you like
- can be used internationally
- very fair pricing

Cons

- disabling third-party trackers completely is a bit too complex

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

I was able to set it up myself - with no IT knowledge

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

Pros

Great functionality and simple to use design. It is possible to set it up with no special IT skills, just some general experience with tools like Wordpress etc. There is a variety of add-ons and widgets which make it highly flexible. You can find anything you need either for free or for cheap money. No need for expensive developers for tailored solutions.

Cons

The templates are pricey when comparing to other tools. There is a lot of work when adding new products - some of the fields are required while they should not be. For example for online products it is quite complex to set it up as my needs were much simpler than what was required. And I could not change the settings easily to require less information from customer etc.

Carlos L.

Excellent and very useful

Reviewed on 2016/10/14

Im using this for almost three years and I have received the best user experience and administrative.

Pros

Versatile, easy to learn, easy to manage, design

Cons

Limits with big enterprise, big cost on infrastructure but you won't pay for software.

Great platform to get your eCommerce site going

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Pros

Great platform with a user friendly interface and many features come builtin. easy to update your inventory and items on sale.

Cons

plug-ins costs can be a killjoy at times and excessive updates make it scary too. Good for a start but will realize you need to purchase some plugins somehow down the line for better management.

Aliaksei A.

Not the best solution for an online store

Reviewed on 2019/12/21

I already mentioned that this CMS has many shortcomings, so personally I would not recommend it to anyone. In fact, we only work with her when customers insist.

Pros

CMS PrestaShop is almost like WordPress, only for online stores. It is just as easy to use. I even liked the templates of ready-made sites, although they usually look ugly in other CMS.

Cons

Our company tried to make a small online store on PrestaShop. We mainly do other work, and the online store was a side project. As a result, we overpaid a lot of money for a powerful platform, the functionality of which we do not need. We would be better suited by some more platform with loyal hosting requirements.

A great ecommerce platform

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

It has been great, we use it daily and it has never failed us. We learn each month how to do something new and we are always trying to check on new tools to apply to our site.

Pros

I have been working with this software for a couple of years now and it has been great. You can easily find everything you need, and it is really well organized in tabs, productos, orders, clients, etc. You can select the state of each order and even set your own, this way you can keep the client inform about their order, and you can easily keep track on what orders you need to take care next.

Cons

I would like to see a more user friendly version, where you don't need to hire a developer each time you need to modify small things. Everytime we needed to change something and we found out how to and did it by ourselves, another thing starts glitching and we have to get a developer to solve it. It is great that is has so many options, but sometimes it is hard to access them.

Balwinder P.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Ideal for your start-up

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

I have created a Demo store with the help of PrestaShop to show it up to my clients and almost everyone have liked it till now.

Pros

Setting up an online store feels like a child's play on this tool. Before setting up a new e-commerce website, just go through their demonstrated sites and you will feel quite confident at the time of setting up your own customised web store.

Cons

The text in the templates they provide is written in a regional language, which do not put a good impact.

Great product to quickly launch a simple e-commerce

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

If you need to start an e-commerce, even a big one, you can use prestashop, it's stable, the community is great and you can find any modules you want to do exactly what you want.
From the small e-shop for a real shop, on for a manufacturer, to the biggest e-store with thousands of references prestashop can do it.
But, don't think it's all free, you have to bay some essentials good modules, and the most important the support for them to be more peaceful.

Pros

In constant evolution, this product is great, you can easily start an e-commerce with some basic internet knowledge, of course you need to learn a lot before running a successful e-commerce, but you can start small with a really low cost.

Cons

If you need functionalities you need to pay, some payed modules are, in my point of view, essential and the cost is no so small.

Milana R.

PrestaShop is a good CMS for creating online stores

Reviewed on 2018/02/17

Pros

I can say that at first glance, CMS PrestaShop is very attractive for the owners of online stores, because it integrates the payment system, and work with payments and orders, but it has a number of significant drawbacks.

Cons

Personally, I was not enough when working on the site in the administrative panel: when filling pages with text content, you need at least a basic knowledge of text formatting tags, since a special panel that allows, for example, to highlight the phrase in bold or slanted (as, for example, in CMS WordPress ), absent.

Shirley B.

Excellent and convenient content management system

Reviewed on 2018/02/17

Pros

Most of the necessary functions in PrestaShop already exist, but what not, then you can buy ready-made solutions in the store, and most of the modules there are inexpensive and they are quite high-quality.

Cons

Of course, the CMS has minor flaws that developers should be aware of, but in the end they do not affect the quality of the system.

Hisham B.

Your online shop with ease

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Pros

Easy to install, easy to setup and start using it, great features and options for an ecommerce website backend.

Cons

Some small details will make it perfect if it has some extra plugins regarding inventory management and suppliers.

Nataly O.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy to learn platform

Reviewed on 2019/03/30

Pros

The platform has a simple interface, the study of which did not take a lot of time from our employees. It has a lot of filters, built-in tools, templates, and there is also a block for website promotion.

Cons

The platform consumes a huge amount of server resources, which significantly reduces the speed of the site. Difficult to install pixel Facebook. Slowly running backend.

Karli A.

Good platform for online stores

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

I like the PrestaShop platform because of its versatility and the fact that it has developed a huge number of useful extensions, so that our employees need a little time to add the necessary functions to the site.

Cons

Due to the extensive functionality of the CMS on our server (and it is not the weakest), overloads occur periodically. There is no tool that would allow batch file downloads.

Sonia del valle U.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Excellent option to develop online stores.

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Personally, this CMS is my first option to develop any type of online business.

Pros

prestashop is an excellent CMS for the development of online stores, has all the necessary features to develop an e-commerce site, is generally easier to use than other similar CMS and we can integrate different add-ons to process online payments. I consider it one of the best options to consider if we want to start an online sales business.

Cons

In general I like this CMS very much but if we want to develop a good online store, maybe we should buy a template to provide better visual quality, since obviously the quality of our online store will depend on our experience and skills that we have with this CMS.