RescueAssist Reviews

RescueAssist

Remote support software

4.5/5 (110 reviews)

Simple, Easy-To-Use Remote Support Tool. No Bloat, No Problems.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017

Remote support at a decent price per support agent, an easy-to-use tool, with some customizable options, but definitely some things missing that can be improved on. No bloat at all, the servie runs nicely on the remote user's PC or Mac, and I'm easily able to support and help the user with their problem. The product doesn't get in the way, and that's the best part.

Pros

There are many remote support tools, but GoToAssist is the simplest of all the tools. There's no bloatware, like other 'team viewing' software, there's just a simple installer for both agent and user. The usability makes it something that I can use every single day, as well as all of my team too. I've never had a disconnection based on the software, only on the user's connection speed being an issue. The best part is that it's almost completely seamless with yoursupport business.

Cons

It may sound silly, but I'd like a way to keybind an F-key or something to a "Start Support Session", and having the support URL saved to my clipboard automatically when a new session is started. It's the little things, but there's not much to complain about with GoToAssist.

Great Supporting tool via remote

Reviewed on 12/13/2017

Ability to transfers files, record sessions, connect more than one end-user, chat option to take notes for the issues and much more

Pros

Go to Assist offers a wide variety of feature, First; with unlimited live end-user support- with one click i am able to convert a phone session with a customer into an online support session. Secondly, Session Reporting where i am able to jot down notes during the session, track my time spent, and more importantly record my session and download them for archiving and training purposes. Third, I am able to transfer files securely to my customer's pc and diagnose the issue. Fourth, GoToAssist has a dynamic remote support, where it enables multi-sessions for up to eight customers at a single time, transfer, files and reboot/reconnect if need be. Last but not Least, GoToAssist offers a trail version for users who want to test the software.

Cons

The lack of support, There were times when i had questions about the new features or even basic support for GoToAssist but thier customer support isn't sufficient to respond back in time, or it takes time for them to return to my messages via email.

GoTo the Rescue!

Reviewed on 1/7/2019

It makes remote access and support so easy, that it really comes down to being the most important software in my business. Without RescueAssist, I wouldn't be able to do my job sufficiently, and this just makes it that much easier.

Pros

The ease of use it what truly makes this a must have software for any remote support. Being able to have a single exe file to load on the fly, provide a session code and then have full remote control for support is what keeps my customers happy. Without a reliable, easy to use software like RescueAssist, I wouldn't have a job.

Cons

With the newest OSX, unfortunately the user has to go into their security preferences and allow control of their computer. By default this is disabled so the first time the user will have to unlock the security settings and enable it.

Premier Desktop Remote-in Application

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Pros

Quick and easy to learn with minimal to no learning curve for new users. Same goes for end-users when working with clients. Easy to navigate and open several sessions allowing a single user to simultaneously remote into multiple computers.

This product has been integral in troubleshooting issues for clients, updating our software solutions remotely, looking at computers specs and watching client daily operations to allow for effective communication.

Cons

No cons to report at this time. As I'm always looking to reduce costs, I regularly look at other vendors. I have not been able to find a comparable product at a lower price point. As such, we will be sticking with GoTo Assist for the foreseeable future.

GoToAssist Review

Reviewed on 6/27/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

GoToAssist by Citrix is a cloud-based remote support and mobile device support solution. The service is easy to set up, and fast and comfortable to use; anyone with some troubleshooting skills can provide assistance in minutes. It's an excellent solution for companies looking for inexpensive remote IT support.

Pros

This software product has a easy to use GUI. It allows to connect to remote devices. It also allows to do screen sharing and remote control the devices. Moreover, it also allows to share or transfer files. It is very intuitive and cloud based application. There is also recording feature included in this product.

Cons

It is not a cheap software. It is a subscription based application. It could be difficult for non-computer savvy or normal average users.

best of the best cloud based remote desktop Tool

Reviewed on 3/28/2019

I have been using GoToAssist to provide technical support to my clients mostly and it helps me a lot in resolving all the issues in real time as it's a cloud based remote desktop tool. I was using this tool since 2012 and as of now resolved nearly more than 5000 customer and clients technical issues without any delay. Thanks a lot to this tool as it's always helps me a lot in delivering customer's business on time :)

Pros

The Most I like in GoToAssist is:
1. We can easily connect using remote desktop and secure
2. We can Access and Control unattended computers
3. Can Send files using this tool
4. Can Control PC and Apple MAC computers
5. Inbuilt Chat option
6. Real time customer Support

Cons

If I can get it for free for a lifetime then there'll be no dislikes about this tool :D

we use this at work for all of our remoting. Works great and has good usable features as well.

Reviewed on 7/23/2018

Great software, great featuers, a bit on the pricy side!
Best benefit is the abuilty to send and receive data such as programs and or error logs.

Pros

This is our go to software for work. Obviously we use the for on demand customer service, but we also use it when we need to remote into a computer or server unattended. One of the great things about this software is the ability to send and receive files during the remote session, making it easy to install software or download log files when troubleshooting issues.

Cons

its a bit pricy, we've even discussed moving to an in house platform for remote software, but some of the features you get with GoToAssist are just not available with in house solutions.

This software is the best

Reviewed on 7/30/2018

Best software in the IT world and there is no day I don't used this software to connect with a client
one of the best tools any tech can have in the IT support arsenal ..

Pros

really easy to used you just login and you are ready to used it and its so easy that you have way to connect with clients if you work with IT like I do you can email links for clients to connect or you simply provide them the website and the code for clients to connect with you... I cannot live without this software on the IT world.

Cons

No cons at all the software is self explanatory and they have well documented steps on the software on how to used it really really easy to used and no tech should live with out it.

I have used several remote control packages and this is one of, if not the best, I've ever used.

Reviewed on 7/2/2018

Ease of use and ease for users to allow me to connect. I like the unassisted option that makes it easier for me to work on systems during peoples off hours but doesn't compromise their login credentials.

Pros

It's easy to setup new users and easy to use. When I have to connect in with someone I don't have unassisted access to their system it's easy for them to follow the on-screen prompts to allow me to connect.

Cons

Sometimes, not very often, I've had issues with updates causing issues with certain other software on systems that I connect to. I wish it were easier to "rollback" an update to an earlier version so they could have time to create a patch - which they have done for me in the past.

Go-To-Assist is the best remote desktop solution for our business

Reviewed on 8/30/2018

Pros

I've used Go-To-Assist for over four years and it has been a great experience. The best features are the ability to obtain diagnostic information on the host machine with the click of a button and the ability to have other support team members join a session. Restarting a customer's machine has been very useful because of the ability to reconnect the session. Highly recommended A+++

Cons

I wish GoToAssist had the ability to capture and store screenshots, rather than using an external 3rd party tool, This would provide a repository that would be easily accessible for reference.

Our clients love GoToAssist.

Reviewed on 7/9/2018

Pros

Gotoassist simplifies the process of remotely communication between my organization and our clients and even between the team at work. I am able to screen share with my colleagues at the workplace, comment on files and documents remotely. I see this tool as a better alternative to Google doc.
It is easy to setup and install ,and interestingly a lot of our clients have come to accept this tool courtesy our recommendation.

Cons

Requires a fast internet network connection to function quickly and from experience every remote communication tool requires same too.

IT Tools made easy with GoToAssist

Reviewed on 2/24/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

GoToAssist is a solid product. It can't get any easier when remotely providing support. Being a user for 2 years, I sometimes take for granted how much easier it's gotten. We use to use VNC, Teamviewer and Join.me, however, started having issues when a product marked as Free then was no longer free, or how another product is just not safe to have in your network. With GoToAssist you get the ease of use for both the person providing support and the person receiving support. Although it's not free if you are a Non-Profit there are ways to significantly reduce the price by half on a yearly subscription.

Intuitive
Offers other built-in tools

Cons

Retail Price a little high compared to other free products

Learning Curve but Stable Product

Reviewed on 10/24/2018

Pros

We heavily use this product on a day to day basis, and I have to say, it's very stable. I can count on it to work every time, which is very important when we are trying to get on an angry client's screen. The unattended access feature is easy to set up and easy to access.

Cons

It's weird but there is no clear way to log on and off the desktop application. When setting up a new user and testing their account I had to cancel the tool multiple times from the task manager to get a login screen. The learning curve is a little high, takes a little bit of time to get use to the features and how to use them. I also wish more than one person can enter an unattended session from the unattended access point.

Excellent Software

Reviewed on 8/31/2018

Great program. Would recommend to other companies looking for remote assistance software.

Pros

We use GoToAssist everyday for remote support to our branch offices all over the United States. It works great for us. The ability to remote into any machine we need to and control, monitor or install software/updates makes this software a life saver.

Cons

Better support for mobile devices. We use a lot of iPads out in the field and would love to be able to remote in and grab information or troubleshoot issues for the non technical sales reps.

Great remote access software.

Reviewed on 2/5/2018

Simple setup for you and the consumer. In just a few minutes you get computer access.

Pros

Make's remote support simple to use. Clients get a keycode to install software and you are in and out.

Cons

The software was buggy at times and couldn't connect and the computer was on trying to get remote support.
Pricing very steep when compared to other companies who do the same thing and have the same features and services.
When compared to other companies it's still has a lot more work to do to be charging what they charge.

GoToAssist convenient for connecting to users, and servers.

Reviewed on 2/19/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I've used this product working at many companies. It's a quick time-saving way to connect to customers computers and resolve issues quickly. You can have a list of customers if you need to reconnect or use only a one-time connection with no saved option to reconnect. I can take care of more issues using this tool than any other remote connection tool.

I like the one time use of the product or saving connections to use in the future.

Cons

Pricing is what I like least about GoToAssist. That is the only thing I like least about this product. Everything else about this product works great and I've never had problems or confusion from customers connecting to the product.

7.0/10

Simple footprint, Trusted Citrix platform. Easy for customers.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 12/5/2018

This has my recommendation because of the overall quality, like i mentioned before it has a super small footprint for client, and they do not need any real technical knowledge to initiate the support. I have tried with some of my own family, you know that computer illiterate aunty we all have. Yes, even her found going to a website address straight forward enough. Speed and technical infrastructure of this platform keeps me an avid user.

Pros

I love the easy way you can initiate support with a client, just by pointing the to the simple www.fastsupport.com website. Nothing more they need to do and you can be, screen sharing, full control or even file sharing for troubleshooting and remote desktop. There is even an unattended support and the ability to run multiple instances simultaneously form a technician perspective. I have always used this infrastructure and as a customer focused business, this is professional and great value.

Cons

There are many competing products, so some clients don't like to have multiple remote desktop software installed for their personal needs, then their professional outsourcing. The only thing this is missing is some form of VoIP in the basic plans.

CITRIX GO TO ASSIST

Reviewed on 1/6/2017

I have been using this product for about a year. When it works it is very user-friendly and we use it many times a week, sometimes daily. I use the product to connect to my retail store and office computer from my laptop when traveling and/or away from the business. It tends to lose its connection for no particular reason, not often but seemingly at the worst time. I would recommend it regardless of this issue - it is a bit pricey for 1 PC connection

Pros

Easy to use and navigate - immediate connections with a click - ability to transfer files

Cons

Connection fails sometimes - pricey

6.0/10

The Perfect Software for the IT Person

Reviewed on 2/25/2019
Review Source

I have had a great experience with RescueAssist and I would recommend it to any IT professional.

Pros

RescueAssist has been some of the most helpful software in my career. The ease of use as well as the options available for the price are unbelievable. I can manage 40 people's computers without leaving my home. The ability to control employee's' computers from my home is an absolute time saver.

Cons

Sometimes the software doesn't work correctly and won't pull up a support session, but usually exiting out and logging back in will fix this.

Lifesaver when you are out of the office

Reviewed on 12/14/2018

Pros

I am the only IT guy in a company of about 50 users and this is a lifesaver when I am out of the office or across the campus. Setup the unattended and you can also do updates on single machines remotely.

Cons

Sometimes the unattended function shows offline and you have to try for a while to get it on. Most of the time it comes on, but sometimes it will not.

7.0/10

Best remote support software I have used in six years as a support technician!

Reviewed on 4/17/2018

Pros

Easy to deploy, use, maintain, and start session for users. In addition to the unattended support feature, they have several URLs users can easily navigate to, which results in shorter time to session.

Cons

Cost - this is one of the more expensive remote support tools I have ever paid for. I had to really push to get it approved, but I'd say it's worth the price!

We use this for 35 users and we love it. It looks a bit outdated but works well.

Reviewed on 3/7/2018

Pros

I love being able to add unattended access to all the computers within our organization. It saves us a lot of travel time being able to remote into a machine and fix an issue versus traveling onsite to do a basic repair.

Cons

I use the Mac version mostly and it is lagging far behind the look and feel of the Windows version. They should absolutely upgrade it.

Fantastic way to access remote computers!

Reviewed on 7/17/2018

It helped our company to become more efficient when providing technical support to our clients.

Pros

This software has everything I need to login and troubleshoot all of my client's computers. It helps us to be way more efficient when providing technical support to clients.

Cons

Occasionally the connection is slow and the remote computer doesn't respond as fast as I would like it to.

Gret program, does what it's supposed to

Reviewed on 12/7/2017

Quick way to repair systems remotely that are not on the domain (Field techs mostly), it gets the job done in most cases.

Pros

IT's fast, can easily share sessions between other technicians to complete a job, and it's reliable on reboot

Cons

Lacks some of the logging/advanced features of other remote software, such as log me in rescue which allows you to customize it a bit more.

Easy Remote help

Reviewed on 4/3/2019

Sometimes the customer cannot explain correctly the problem or you cannot explain them how do the things, GoToAssist can help you to create a remote connection and fix the computer remotely.

Pros

You can have the FULL control of the machine (User must run the software like admin) and you can troubleshoot the machine for BSOD, driver installation, Office Activation, etc

You can chat directly with the user using the software
you can share the clipboard, useful to share links or commands

Easy to connect, just send a link, customer open the link and run the software, done! You are now connected.

Cons

User must run the software like admin
Sometimes has connection problems