WizIQ is My Choice
I''m an education leadership and technology consultant, instructor at Atlantic University, and community builder. I currently provide teacher training and professional development for educators worldwide using Moodle LMS and WizIQ. I had been teaching English as a foreign language for over 30 years when I started looking for an online synchronous environment to complement my face-to-face classes. I learned about WizIQ virtual class (VC) in 2007. I found WizIQ a welcome change after using other VCs. I use WizIQ's for webinars, online conferences, and MOOCs in blended and fully online programs.
The CEO, developers, support, and sales team at WizIQ listen. There is no hierarchy when it comes to catering to educators and students. The team at WizIQ are always ready to listen and implement suggestions. The VC is easy to use and very engaging.
WizIQ has been listening to my suggestions and improving its features since 2007. It takes time to implant new features. I would like the process to be faster even if these features are in the planning stages. I urgently need the following. I would like to see a mobile App that is compatible for both uses and presenters that allows users to have the same experience that is currently available on the VC desktop. I would like to be able to send the recording directly from my account to Youtube and Vimeo. I would like to be able to edit the recording before I share it.
Response from WizIQ Inc.
Thank you so much for your feedback, Nellie. Your words of encouragement mean a lot to us. We have made a note of your suggestions and will make sure that efforts are put into making things better.
I am extremely disappointed. I paid for the software for a year, had problems, they promised to fix them all and then I asked them if I could purchase the software for an additional teacher. After the software failing multiple times, I asked for a refund for my second purchase (which I had made 2 weeks prior) and they completely ignored me and didn’t give me my money back. Scammers.
I liked how they made it seem like I was going to be able to connect with my students easily.
This was a lie. Over the course of 3 months we had many problems and we lost a lot of money from failing our students. I’ll list them below:
1) it happened twice that the audio on the system was no working. My students could not hear me and I tried it out on 3 different computers.
2) another time the audio didn’t work.
3) another time the entire software was down and I couldn’t even log in
4) another time I took a screenrecording of the session, which was a functionality I paid for, and none of my students could access it. I didn’t believe this so I asked for their logins and attempted to find the recordings and I couldn’t.
Online Teaching is best through wiziq
Ever since I used Wiziq I did not have any issues in conducting online classes, it gives easy access to students without anysign-up or registration. All they have to use is a invitation link, which could be one -time or recurring. The platform is easy to use and the customer service is the best. They are very friendly and they take personal care of each client, but sometimes it can be hard to reach immediate solutions.
WizIQ's best tool is that it provides multiple class rooms at a single session, which is very helpful to conduct tests and exams.
The platform does not support many languages.
17 mails without replies. API alls always fails from them in moodle.
Worst support. They made our life hell. In my all 11 years of programming experience, I made a big mistake by chosing wiziq.
nice GUI, easy to use, Works fine in their LMS.
no support, We hosted moodle in cloud. load balancer activated, 32 GB Ram. But wen i click Wiziq class, it always fails for the concurrent classes. Bad support. No support. Zero support.
A Great Platform for Teachers
WizIQ provided a very cost effective alternative to students or teachers having to fly or travel long distances to attend specialized classes. Getting the classes set up was easy and students had no problems joining or participating.
WizIQ is a simple but efficient solution for those looking to move from traditional face to face class delivery to an online platform. This platform allows for the creation of both live classes and self-paced online course for student groups of varying sizes.
Besides the comprehensive feature set including testing and online payment facilitation, WizIQ offers a wide array of pricing options to fit the needs of most training institutes or private tutors. There is also a trial period available to help users decided what they need from the platform.
We never experienced any major issues while using this software but we kept our class sizes small.
Beyond my expectations
Software works perfectly well. I haven't encountered a single problem so far. If you have any questions concerning the use of the software or other things, you always get a satisfactory and prompt reply. They have an incredibly effective customer service so you never feel alone. The system itself never malfunctions, I have taught large classes and it worked without a problem. The functions and the use of the system are very simple and user friendly. You get used to using it within ten minutes.
To be honest, I was a bit hesitant to purchase the product at first. But now I frankly think that I did the right thing. Thank you, guys.
Just a simple Woww!
Distance Medical Education
Easy to use. Very valuable for the price. Students and professors enjoy to work using this platform as it has many clear advantages.
Maybe it has it already but chances to upload videos from other sources other than Youtube was not possible.
The best tutoring i have ever seen in my life as a student.
My experience was the best. Thanks to WizIq I was able to bring my math grades up to a 98% average , the person who saw the most improvement was my math teacher. She couldn't believe what one course in a month did for me, I was able to aid other students and recommend this to them. Though none of them joined the program their respect grew for me, also my parents especially my dad were thrilled to see me explain such complex math equations to my 4th grade siblings. Overall i would do this again every summer for the rest of my years as a student. Another great thing that i would like to conclude with is the customer service representative. He was so kind and patient with us , he understood that we were limited in our knowledge of technology. Thank you so much WizIQ
The ability to participate and show your work,with others.
Nothing i had no problems
Response from WizIQ
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Knowing that we could help you grow assures us that we're on the right track. Hope to help you further in your future. :)
WizIQ is best platform for online classes.
As instructor, I found this tool a great support for the design and development of software courses
Release from being at traditional physical classroom at specific day/time.
The virtual classroom and the recording function. It is quite useful to distribute the recorded sessions to those students unable to attend the scheduled day/time.
Limitations on number of instructor per course. Sometimes courses may require the intervention of more than three instructors. The current version of the tool forces to break-down courses in mini-courses to deal with that limitation.
Also, it requires some additional function to deal with a real academy providing full grade per area: e.g. Computer Science Bachelor, Magister ...
Best I Have Found for the Price Point
Our organization is around 60 people. I use the software for company wide training and group meetings. I have been using the software for over a year now with little to no problems.
Easy to use.
Customer Support has been nothing but excellent.
Integration into Moodle makes creating classes extremely easy.
No Mac App.
You have to use the Windows App to get MP4 recordings.
Screen Sharing could be better, I find it's quite laggy at times (but not always).
Easy of use and great support
WizIQ let you setup a class in a matter of minutes and few clicks. The online sessions give you excellent tools to make them interactive and very participative.
The whiteboard let you write, draw, upload files such pdf, docx, pptx, and images
None as all it's improved.
They steal your money
Very bad, dont use to get pay by their portal, five month and no money, they rob you.
Very good software, but is very simple and dosent have many options.
The support team is very bad, they dont pay the prepaid course, dont use the portal to made prepaid courses.
Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10
Alternative for distantly education
Excellent tool for the estudies of postdegree in other countries and the facility of tutorships with possibilities of chatting, videoes and recordings that allow the postconsultation
The computers to be used must be very well formed and at the same time it is necessary to have connectivity in ideal conditions
Really excited for this product... and let down
My company purchased this software with the idea that we could hold an online test prep workshop. Although we have not yet used it for that purpose, we have attempted to hold "Team Meetings" with our non-local staff over the past 5 months, and have had problem after problem. Most often, we find that we must pause the meeting early on, and switch to another program.
Although we have contacted customer support, they have not provided specific solutions, rather request that we check our volume and headphones, etc.
Everything that WizIQ offers is a pro... except that it doesn't work!
Sound reverberation, faulty connection, challenging interface to enter ongoing meetings.
Response from WizIQ Inc.
It feels bad to know we let you down. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We have made a note of all the issues you reported with the platform. We will share your feedback with the concerned team/s and improve our services.
Easy, affordable and stable
We are using the WIZ IQ since years and still our preferred LMS -
We really recommend to any business who they want to run their online learning and events smoothly.
The team is always improving - nothing to mention
Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10
Great virtual classroom !
Really easy to set up, not get a lot of problem with this software, the company support it's really helpful , it's a most now and really rare :) Really intuitive interface !
The storage are really short, the price it's a little high but if you want quality it's the price to paid !
Great platform for Live classes
We used WizIQ platform to build our Live Online classes product. It provides ability to stream live classes with a shared whiteboard at a verly low bandwidth (100 kbps), which was exactly what we were looking for.
- Ability to stream live classes at a low bandwidth
- Enabled short time to market
- Onsite support
- Easy to use
- Customization beyond basic ones are not easy and takes time
They were very professional and the ease of using the platform is excellent.
It resolved most of our needs.
The feature which allows any content on your hard-drive to be pulled in. And as a company we were very choosy about which product to use. As they could provide answers and resolves to almost all our queries / issues, we chose WizIQ.
Have contacted WIZIQ no feedback or contact up to now-would like to use it but despite request nobody has contacted me
Would like to use it for a private college and an NGO
Good LMS system that integrates well
No feedback or contact very difficult to get more information
Product had major audio issues, asked for refund. They ignored me. Unresolved. No product. No refund either. BEWARE!
They should be stopped taking advantage of people like this.
The concept is great!, but.....they simply cannot deliver a seamless experience. Product is problematic
they can't deliver. major audio problems, they are hardcore on sales, but once you ask for a refund, they disappear, won't return emails and will hang up on you on the phone when the "r" word is mentioned. SCAM. STAY AWAY
A Wonderful Tutoring Experience
Based on my 2 years experience I really recommend this VC hosting provider for anyone that aims to arrange online classes or meetings. So, if you are seeking for a wonderful teaching experience, go on use WizIQ Virtual Class Platform and I guarantee you will never regret it.
- When you schedule an online class (or meeting) you can get its link easily and share it with whoever you want; you can also enter to the class before the start date and upload your files or simply choose them from your library, etc.
- The class link page shows its details.
- You can get the class link from your platform to invite more attendees during the class.
- You can check your connection, your microphone, and your speaker's settings and volume; and you can change their settings as well. By the way, installing WizIQ Desktop App makes it easy for you and your attendees to avoid plug-ins issues.
- You can upload your files in your library to get a quick access to them in your classes and you can choose to share them or keep them private.
- You can also upload files in the class from your PC within the session, but they won't be stored in your library.
- You can write, draw, highlight any kind of text or graphic whether on the white board or on a file (PDF, PPT, DOC, etc), you can use the pointer as well to make it easy for your attendees to follow your explanation.
- You can create as many boards as you want, change their names and their colors.
- Once you upload or open a file in the class its name will automatically be displayed in the tab bar of board that includes it and you don't have to rename it to know in which board it exists, especially when you create a lot of boards.
- A lot of text formatting and editing tools are available there, and you can use the screenshot tool to save your whiteboard shots in your PC to may be use them later or share them with your attendees.
- You can make a poll and you can share the results with your students.
- You can display audio or video files from your library or from a youtube link.
- You can share your screen with them.
- You can move your students into different rooms within the clasd.
- You can chat with them in public or even privately, and you can change the text size and color to distinguish your messages from the other attendees, and they can do the same as well.
- Attendees can use the "Hand" icon notify you if they have some questions, comments, or control requests, and this will help you to stay focused with no interruptions.
- You can allow your attendees' microphones, cameras, or give them control to surf within the class and make some changes such as writing, screen sharing, file uploading, etc. and you can take that back.
- You can extend the class duration within the class.
This was what I remembered for now, and there are more options that I don't usually use such as tests, Math tools, etc.
- No monthly payment plans.
- Most of non English Speakers face some troubles entering first classes, especially when it comes to App installation.
- no recurring class schedule option.