ConnectWise Manage

3,9
Michael W.

Long time ConnectWise user still loves ConnectWise

Reviewed on 2016/06/29

I did 3 years of research before deciding on a PSA. I had a very small company at the time (1 person, me) My colleagues thought I was crazy for buying such a robust system for being such a small company. I bought it because of the built in automation and the ability to create complex agreements. I still have it and I have seen it improve immensely over the years. It's has a .net client and a web interface. Supports widget based pods. Meaning you can add the things you want, remove the things you don't want, and customize the interface per user.

QuoteWerks, ConnectWise, Kaseya, Quickbooks - and they ALL integrate.

Connectwise will try to sell you, quosal, connectwise, labtech.

Personally, and this is just my opinion, Labtech is too complicated. I hate the interface tech's have to use, with a passion. I did some subcontracting for a company that uses LabTech and I had a hard time trying to find the tools I'm looking for. Kasey's interface it so much more user friendly, it's web based. took me a week to become familiar with Kaseya interface, used LabTech for 3 months and was fumbling around trying to find my tools. I checked out LabTech recently, June 2016 and it still sucks.

I could go on and on.. So I'll just end here. Just buy ConnectWise, you'll be glad you did.

Pros

Mobile iPhone app is A W E S O M E !!!
Your clients can use the customer portal
Constant Updates
Feature request bidding system.
24 hour support
online training videos
Application blueprints, telling you which modules interact with other modules.
Handles complicated and compounded agreements. If you can sell it, ConnectWise can do it.
QuickBooks integration is seamless. if you create a product in ConnectWise it will automatically create the product in QuickBooks when it syncs.
Mark invoices as paid in QuickBooks and sync to ConnectWise.
They are the biggest, so they integrate with everybody.
Go to a big IT conference and ask how many people use ConnectWise. The majority can't be wrong.

Cons

It can be overwhelming for small companies
The north american cloud can be slow sometimes, they know about it, they are rewriting the program so it operates faster but it's a big project. so they release bits and pieces at a time (weekly)
If it isn't in ConnectWise it didn't happen, yeah it adds a bunch of work to your day. Junk in junk out.
Each user needs their own account.
don't buy the on-premise edition, you won't be able to keep up with the updates.
They update so frequently I have to update my QuoteWerks frequently,

David G.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Good software with great support. Somewhat complex to manage

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Whilst it is still a work in progress, we are definitely using ConnectWise to improve our business processes and effectiveness.

Pros

Having software that enables us to run our business end to end is a great benefit, rather than having to use separate systems.

Workflows are incredibly powerful for taking out the human error factor, and for ensuring people do the right thing. This improves the quality of work.

ConnectWise support has always been great for me, with helpful, quick responses

Cons

Ongoing management and finding your way round the back end is quite difficult, although not too bad when you get the hang of it.

Releases often don't seem to be tested well enough and often cause additional issues.

Angela H.

Does a lot

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

their support is usually very responsive

Pros

Makes it easy to share information and we don't have to re-enter client information between multiple systems. (Before this we had separate systems for sales, service, and accounting) We like the detailed time tracking

Cons

the report writer is a bit complicated, also the integration between quickbooks and connectwise gets a bit confusing. wish is managed receiving better so you can see what products are in vs not in and the client information (as if we don't drop ship it the receiving screen doesn't show who it is for unless you dig deeper)

Carol V.
Industry: Computer Software

Contact management

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

CW Manage Contact management functiononality ensures our entire team has access and at their fingertips visibility to the full contact record ensuring our clients receive the same high quality care regardless of which department they reach.

Pros

ConnectWise Manage makes managing companies, contacts and pertinent information needed for day to day business needs fast and simple. Easy to navigate pages, customizations by user to quickly find what is important to my position and client specific fields and features save precious time when every moment counts.

Cons

Building customizations by user is a little time consuming and clunky to set up for the first time user. It takes practice to build the queries needed to ensure the results are accurate which can result in missing information if not careful.

Michael E.

Essential tool for IT Businesses

Reviewed on 2015/02/11

My company has been using ConnectWise since 2007 and the product has transformed how we conduct business, while making us far more efficient. Before posting this review I read the others and have to say that I was thrown by one that gave no stars for service. Their service has always been terrific in my opinion. CW has improved the support over the years by adding Chat, making it 24x7 and significantly enhancing their support materials through the University and Marketplace, as well as introducing User Groups and always refining their educational opportunities at the annual IT Nation event.

CW is an iceberg of a tool, with 90% of its power beneath the waterline. The key is that you will get out what you put in. I have just started taking the Certified Professional Administrator training, and while I scored well enough on the pre-session test to qualify for this level, I believe that I have far more to learn about CW than I already know. What's great is that the folks at CW make all of this information available. I just have to grab for the opportunity.

My recommendation for anyone who thinks that they aren't getting the level of support expected would be to use the resources more. Got a question, use Chat or open a ticket via e-mail. Go to the University and take the relevant courses or check out the Blueprints or partner kits. Go to your local user group and network with your peers. Offer up what you know and take what they have to offer. The industry as a whole benefits from this approach, and we do better for our all-important clients.

Anyway, I love the team at CW. The product is a must, but you have to invest yourself fully. It is cumbersome and some things aren't as intuitive as I would like, but if you are invested and flexible to adopting certain best practices, I think you'll find that ConnectWise is a very worthwhile business investment.

Christopher J.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Powerful ticketing tool with lot of integrated features

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

I've used homebrew, Autotask and CWise over the years and this is the best yet and it is getting better all the time

Pros

Fully featured, fully integrated with products like Automate and Control. The latest version lets you connect to machines directly from the ticket which is fantastic. Auvik and LogicMonitor connectivity lets them create tickets when alerts fire (and Auvik will even close tickets that clear)

Cons

Working in the back end and templates can be a little cumbersome, but worth sticking with it for the things it can do.

Great All Around tool

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

I am able to quickly and easily adjust my day with the team. The scheduling aspect of the app is amazing. There are a lot of great features that are drilled down into the application. In a day to day use it's been a great tool for our office.

Pros

I like that it connects with so many other apps to pull data and include in-depth information. The search functionality is really great to be able to look at recurring issues.

Cons

I don't like that there are some UI issues and that it auto opens items when there is only one. When you are trying to gather information is can slow the process down.

Connectwise is by far the best PSA to use for any IT company

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Pros

It tracks time, tickets, staffing/resources all in one roof. It has great job costing and integrates well with lots of other software

Cons

Their new trend of nickle and diming for modules that really should be part of the core product (see the marketing manager vs campaign direction) is a major turn-off. They are growing so fast that their support is starting to suffer, and turn-over/promotions internally is becoming visible.

Aaron C.

Overall, Manage has been a great product over the last 7 years.

Reviewed on 2017/09/01

Pros

I really like that the software is web based, which helps a a lot with installation and maintenance of the software. It has robust modules and workflows which help make sure that we don't miss tickets and SLA's and it pretty configurable.

Cons

Customer portal is terrible and needs work. Consistent updates are nice, but seems like every major upgrade breaks something with accounting.

Lane C.

Loads of Features, Little Support

Reviewed on 2012/03/05

If you are starting out your operation then this could be a bit pricey to get going. However, if you are established and need to grow, I don't know how you could not find this tool invaluable. Hopefully they work on the issues that I've described and things get better.

Pros

This is THE software for a company that provides technical services. It tracks everything from assets to travel expenses in minute detail so you can focus on building your business.

* Installation on PC
- This is a breeze, it works great out of the box for us on Windows 7 and in Terminal Services.
* Google Apps
- Works great with checking Email and Scheduling Resources through Google Apps
* Invoicing
- It was quite the wake-up call to see all the hours we were not able to bill for with our old support portal. (Just be careful to document your work properly because it becomes viewable to the client).
* Transparency
- This software lets your clients see everything going on behind the scenes, from Support Issues to Travel time. It's a must for any honest entrepreneur.

Cons

* Constat errors.
- This software produces lots of errors
* Slow Support.
- ConnectWise has very knowledgable people on staff who can work through ANYTHING that you have trouble with. Unfortunately, they are impossible to get on the phone, by chat or by email. Unless we call and call and call and call and call, we often wait days/weeks for someone to get back.
* Unintuitive Interface
- They should hire someone from Google, Apple or Syntress to rework this interface. It's so cumbersome that common tools are hidden behind clicks and clicks before you ever find them.
- There is no tour to learn the software
- It's confusing with screens that look exactly alike on every page.
- The tabs to view multiple pages are helpful but impractical, it would be better to let the information open in a new window as well.
- No HA - when its down, it's down.
* No Online Payments *Yet*

François B.
Industry: Construction
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Very complete product

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

It has a wide range of features and is configurable, but sometimes slow and never really user-friendly.

Pros

A lot of features, from ticketing to timesheet entries with project and activities management, user-secured access to features.

Cons

The visual interface is in need of an overhaul, it is cluttered and not particularly user-friendly. There has to be a way to simplify timesheet entry to clicking in a box at the intersection of a day and activity and just punch in a number of hours, instead of having a whole window open where you specify start and end time, which is way too cumbersome!

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

One of the best ways to stream service processes, leading to an increase in productivity throughout.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

We love how powerful of a help desk platform ConnectWise Manage is. It integrates well into our proprietary software, has a wonderful ticketing system, and has excellent customer support.

Cons

Although all tickets & processes are received quickly & efficiently, one can expect to see a slight delay when updating large batches of tickets. Thankfully, once it's processed, everything begins working well again.

Brock R.

Excellent investment

Reviewed on 2017/05/17

Pros

Ease of deployment & technical assistance to get up and running quickly. Enabled the company to take a organized approach to managing customers.

Cons

Remote mobility app - lacks some key features that the main application has that are critical to ease of use.

Steve B.

ConnectWise PSA

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

Seems to be a flexible tool for managing a MSP business. It has been challenging to develop proper business processes and configuring the tool to work as we need.

Pros

Targeted for Managed Service Providers.

Cons

Not intuitive to configure for needs.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Joanna S.
Industry: Computer Networking

Easy to use and flexible to implement

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

One of the biggest Pros is how easy it is to use and find information. The documentation is updated and helpful too.

Cons

The project management could be better. We are a larger company and need more Project Management tools.

Chris H.

Robust solution but not the most user friendly

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Pros

Lots of customization available
Large amount of features and add-ons
Connectwise University is very helpful

Cons

The more features and options mean the longer it takes to do something
Not very intuitive when setting up projects

Muhammad D.
Industry: Telecommunications

Best Help Desk & Ticketing System

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Very reliable.

Pros

Majority of our processes are managed through ConnectWise. It provides very detailed management system.

Cons

The speed sometimes lags. Very rarely though.

Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Connectwise - huge program, lots of opportunity

Reviewed on 2019/02/09

Pros

It is software that has something for every part of a business. It is vastly comprehensive and works SO well for anything you could think of from Sales to Service to Billing Data. It is wildly comprehensive and has a huge knowledge base.

Cons

I know that it can be expensive and at times can be complicated.

Frank H.

ConnectWise PSA - The Heart of Our System Integration / Managed Services Business!

Reviewed on 2015/02/11

The operation of our business, with 16 on staff, really depends on the integrated foundation of ConnectWise, Quosal, and LabTech (with QuickBooks Enterprise for accounting). We build quotes, manage opportunities, schedule/execute Services and Projects (some fairly complex), handle products (we use Procurement - full package), Invoice clients, manage agreements, and provide managed / remote services for a wide range of clients.
The 'pros' of ConnectWise and its affiliated components are really too numerous to list. Suffice it to say that we effectively meet the needs of dozens of clients in a timely and effective fashion ONLY because of the powerful tools at our disposal. This includes making extensive use of workflows, reports, and other functionalities offered by ConnectWise.
Are there 'cons'? Of course...but getting fewer with each new release! There are Project Management, Inventory Management, and Mobile App limitations. At the moment, for example, there is no good way within Projects to establish / handle task dependencies (but it is coming soon). I would also like to see real two-way integration with MS Project Server.
Overall, we are extremely happy with ConnectWise and keep finding new ways to make use of its features and functions to improve our operation. I would recommend it to anyone trying to offer professional services in the technical arena!

Wayne H.
Company size: Self Employed

Fantastic ticketing system

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Pros

Very easy to organize tickets and collaborate with other technicians.

Cons

The search function leaves no room for error. They need to add the ability to rename a customer if they change their business name and retain all of the tickets and structure.

David T.

It does everything

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

It's a great program that can manage literally anything.

Pros

It can manage your entire business in itself. It has tons of features that our company uses every single day and many we have no use for.

Cons

As with most software, learning the system can take some time. Unfortunately, ConnectWise is a little harder to learn than most.

Felix L.

Easy to use as a user

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Pros

I'm a user for this program, its pretty easy for me to pick up this CRM. Add task, budget etc....

Cons

sometimes the program loads longer than usual.

Great tool for MSP's

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Overall, Manage has been a strong unifying factor for the company. We're still in the middle stages of implementation, but already it has changed the way the company information is accessible for the better.

Pros

The fact that it can handle all aspects of the business in one tool means all information will be that much easier to find and act on. Marketing, Sales, Projects, Service, Invoicing...all tied together.

Cons

There are so many features, that it is hard to know when things are configured enough to get started. I finally had to just take the plunge and implement what was configured. Once the dust settled, I was able to slowly add more features as my users continued to receive training.

Jeremy K.
Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Great ticketing system. Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Ticket management with great reporting and user experience.

Pros

Ability for users to open tickets via email or a web portal. Very nice FAQ section people can look at before opening tickets.

Cons

The desktop app takes a LONG time to load up. It is also is very slow when working within the software.

Very thought out ticketing system for IT

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

Offers a very good interface for user experience. Creating tickets is very simple and offer a wide range of information to be inputted. Integrates very well with our user database.

Cons

Can be very verbose for new users. Need tutoring and good amount of usage to get used to.

Response from ConnectWise

Thank you for reviewing us!

We love hearing feedback and are glad to hear that you are happy with our product's ticketing system and integrations.

Have you tried utilizing ConnectWise University in your tutoring? It can be helpful in learning how to best use the product for your company.

Thank you again, and we look forward to growing our partnership with your company even further.