ConnectWise Manage

3,9
Michael W.

Long time ConnectWise user still loves ConnectWise

Reviewed on 2016/06/29

I did 3 years of research before deciding on a PSA. I had a very small company at the time (1 person, me) My colleagues thought I was crazy for buying such a robust system for being such a small company. I bought it because of the built in automation and the ability to create complex agreements. I still have it and I have seen it improve immensely over the years. It's has a .net client and a web interface. Supports widget based pods. Meaning you can add the things you want, remove the things you don't want, and customize the interface per user.

QuoteWerks, ConnectWise, Kaseya, Quickbooks - and they ALL integrate.

Connectwise will try to sell you, quosal, connectwise, labtech.

Personally, and this is just my opinion, Labtech is too complicated. I hate the interface tech's have to use, with a passion. I did some subcontracting for a company that uses LabTech and I had a hard time trying to find the tools I'm looking for. Kasey's interface it so much more user friendly, it's web based. took me a week to become familiar with Kaseya interface, used LabTech for 3 months and was fumbling around trying to find my tools. I checked out LabTech recently, June 2016 and it still sucks.

I could go on and on.. So I'll just end here. Just buy ConnectWise, you'll be glad you did.

Pros

Mobile iPhone app is A W E S O M E !!!
Your clients can use the customer portal
Constant Updates
Feature request bidding system.
24 hour support
online training videos
Application blueprints, telling you which modules interact with other modules.
Handles complicated and compounded agreements. If you can sell it, ConnectWise can do it.
QuickBooks integration is seamless. if you create a product in ConnectWise it will automatically create the product in QuickBooks when it syncs.
Mark invoices as paid in QuickBooks and sync to ConnectWise.
They are the biggest, so they integrate with everybody.
Go to a big IT conference and ask how many people use ConnectWise. The majority can't be wrong.

Cons

It can be overwhelming for small companies
The north american cloud can be slow sometimes, they know about it, they are rewriting the program so it operates faster but it's a big project. so they release bits and pieces at a time (weekly)
If it isn't in ConnectWise it didn't happen, yeah it adds a bunch of work to your day. Junk in junk out.
Each user needs their own account.
don't buy the on-premise edition, you won't be able to keep up with the updates.
They update so frequently I have to update my QuoteWerks frequently,

Good Ticketing System for MSP and IT companies

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

I wish they would get Rich text right. TeamSupport has this perfectly and they are a much smaller company. Another downer is the integration with ITGlue I think it's a bit clunky and if you add the Automate integration it almost loses it's mind. I wish there was a better way to integrate all these platforms. But mainly the rich text could go a long long way for visual users.

Pros

There are a lot of features on this platform that would be of interest to MSP's. The time entry, calendar ease, global search. Asset and configuration and contact addition is great.

Cons

One thing i strongly dislike about Manage is that you can't add rich text to the ticket entries not drop images which make things easier for tech just picking up on tickets.

MSPs need to know about Connectwise Manage

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

We have saved a lot of time and have increased logged tickets and time for clients.

Pros

Ikke the ability of Connectwise Manage to log tickets and that it allows my team to add pictures and documents for better tracking. I also like the mobile app so my team can add and update tickets on-site

Cons

Leaning the new ticketing system as well as integrating with Automate was a bit of a challenge. ConnetWise support was able to assist us and get it setup.

James V.
Industry: Computer Networking

OVeral shocking experience

Reviewed on 2019/11/01

We have literally had zero benefits working with Connectwise. Its cost us £000's and we have wasted so much time since using Connectwise..... its the single worst decisions we have ever made as a business.
We spent and invested a lot of time ensuring we would get the most out of it, but it just hasnt happened... the issues are too frequent, support to slow and overal a very bad experience. Reaching out to Connectwise with a long list of issues has resulted in 4 people calling to say how sorry they are, any they WILL definaltey help but then the next update is the ticket closing - thanks.

Pros

The end of the ady when i can log out of Connectwise.
The Contract part and some automation is good.

Cons

Practically everything else:
Slow - keeps hanging when doing tasks such as save a ticket, send and invoice, close tickets - you know really important tasks which should be almost instant. absolute zero support from CW. Been told its a programming issue with bulk tasking and it will be fixed - still waiting, much like when using ConnectWise manage - always waiting.
Then there is the general support - lacking to say the least.
Then the onboarding - they say we get you completely up and running. What they should have said is You'll want to be running away by the time you come to use the product. Unless you learn it all in the onboarding process your on your own or you have to pay a huge amount more for help. They literally just churn you out and get the next lot of sheep in.
Sales team lied about how it would interact and sync with Xero. Told me the same way as Quickbooks does and then showed me how QuickBooks Desktop syncs, saying just like this.... IT DOESNT you have to pay someone else to move your data from your PSA to your accounts package REALLY @ $245 extra per month. Didnt tell me that before i signed up.
Cloud console which was supposed to save time by synchronising Office 365 licenses to contracts was often wrong, very clunky and then stopped working - another paid feature of Connectwise that didnt work.
I could go on, but you get the picture. Its not all smooth sailing and is causing lots of issues in our business. We tried to reach out to CW but they're not helping

Pricilla C.

CRM

Reviewed on 2020/07/28

As far as my use of the software, I am overall satisfied. It does everything it needs to do. Its basic but good.

Pros

Product is simply laid out and easy to use. I prefer the desktop version but we just went full web version which is fine too.

Cons

I cant really think of any features or addons that need attention. I've been working with it for a while now and have adapted fine. I know how to do everything I need to do.

Yeprem A.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Complete solution but slow as molasses

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

Pros

Almost every base is covered in the desktop version of Connectwise Manage. The web version is quite complete as well.

The mobile app is horrendous.

Cons

Slooooooowwwww. I can't stress enough how slow it is. Every user at our company complains about how much it lags. It doesn't matter where we are or which computer we are using. It is slow.
Gigabit internet connection at home and at the office, slow.
Brand new 8th gen CPU desktop with SSD. Slow.
Laptop. Slow.
It is painful. Loggin tickets just gets us the same replies. Try clearing the cache. Try restarting. Report slowness next time it happens so we can check.

Gavin O.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

This is the ticketing platform you need

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

All our ticketing, service, project management, and sales cycle tasks are all managed from within ConnectWise now, with all our 200+ staff using this system we still have a very responsive system with a great interface that has interface components that have been customized to match some of the terms we use to describe our business processes.

Pros

It's super customizable, with a very extensible API and integration capabilities, allowing us to centralize so many of our systems and daily tasks into one platform.

Cons

Initial customization and training of staff has taken some time, but and some staff still have issues with managing Internal vs. External communications.

Daren A.

Connectwise Manage

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

We are using this product to keep track of all our customers, their systems, software and the tickets assigned to those systems

Pros

We like Connectwise Manage because it is very detailed and allows us to keep notes on all of our customers - what we have done for them in the past and service tickets for everyone.

Cons

The Connectwise platform is very detailed so the learning curve can be very high when you are first starting out. Instead of importing our information, we just input everything.

Jaq B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

As a CRM/Marketing tool it still needs work

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

As an overall end to end PSA, ticketing, time/expense tracking, and CRM sales activities tool it provides some very good features needed to operate a service and support organization.

From a functionality standpoint on just the CRM/marketing tools (which I use exclusively) there are some glaring weaknesses. Importing and de-duplicating contacts is still a problem. A lack of mass maintenance features makes quick data updates cumbersome and time consuming. Developing marketing lists and adding group members is a pain that could be easily solved and after 4 years of use I've seen no progress that front. Even with the new Campaign Director tool woven in, other drip marketing tools are far easier to use.

There's still a long way to go but for our organization there are some must have features. I would just like to see vast improvements on the sales/marketing front.

Pros

End to end complete organizational tool that spans ticketing, sales, projects, time and expense. Fairly comprehensive and easy to use.

Cons

Sales and marketing functionality is severely lacking when it comes to running and managing marketing and sales campaign efforts.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

François B.
Industry: Construction
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Very complete product

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

It has a wide range of features and is configurable, but sometimes slow and never really user-friendly.

Pros

A lot of features, from ticketing to timesheet entries with project and activities management, user-secured access to features.

Cons

The visual interface is in need of an overhaul, it is cluttered and not particularly user-friendly. There has to be a way to simplify timesheet entry to clicking in a box at the intersection of a day and activity and just punch in a number of hours, instead of having a whole window open where you specify start and end time, which is way too cumbersome!

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Jared M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

CRM for the Best in the Biz!

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

With ConnectWise Manage behind us, we've spent the last 6+ years blazing a trail in our local market. Taking on client for year over year growth. And not enough thanks can be given to the tools that helped us get there. With a friendly (now giant) team behind it, ConnectWise Manage integrates with, and has truly become a standard in the industry.

You've been with the rest, now get with the best.

Pros

ConnectWise Manage has enough features to essentially run your entire business out of! When it comes to tracking issues, maintaining inventory and documented details across many partners/clients/sites - this is THEE tool.

Abundant resources to learn the tool exist including certification learning courses. (You're going to want to take them).

Cons

Interface has been ignored for a long time - its universally uglier than ALL of its competitors. This has been massively improved over the last year and continues to get better as it is finally a focus for them after the many recent developmental hurdles they need to address from the various M&A from the last 4 years.

Some more advanced features really require some 'higher' learning to understand and best implement. Thankfully they have many MANY resources for this.

Alan S.

ConnectWise PSA

Reviewed on 2011/03/18

I would highly recommend IT firms looking to improve their internal efficiency and client support look at CW for a PSA tool. The software is stable, support is great, and updates arrive quickly. Access to your data can be gained through any web browser, iphone / droid apps, or through the native .net application.

Many vendors are writing to the CW API allowing for real-time data integration from products such as backup solutions, spam and virus filtering, firewall statistics and even sales opportunities. CW integrates with MANY RMM solutions providing even greater management capabilities.

The biggest benefit is by far the great and active ConnectWise community. We are very involved with the ConnectWise users group on a quarterly basis and we attend the partner summit (ITNation) annually. If you are only looking for PSA software, ConnectWise can fulfill that need. If you're looking for a great community of business peers, ConnectWise will bring an even greater ROI.

Pros

We've used ConnectWise since 2007, and over the years, the product has seen a multitude of feature improvements and enhancements. For an IT consulting firm looking to track client agreement invoicing, service level agreements, employee productivity, sales opportunities, marketing campaignment management, or inventory and purchasing, ConnectWise can do it with flying colors.

From a client perspective, ConnectWise makes it easy for end users to submit service requests as well as get the status of said requests. An integrated web portal for clients allows the review of hardware and software assets, service request approvals, and invoice reviews. Additionally, for our larger clients, we've been able to extend service capabilities to in-house IT providers while hosting them through our installation.

Due to the great support, active community, and rapid development, I can't imagine running my business without ConnectWise. While the software is great, the community is even better.

Cons

I ranked Ease of Implementation as 3 stars. Keep in mind that we implemented CW in 2007, so much of the onboarding may be different today. Given the capabilities of the software, some pain should be anticipated and expected as you learn how to utilize the software.

Additionally, setting up the integration between ConnectWise and other 3rd party apps can take some time. With most applications, you setup 1 or 2 API accounts, grant access, and test the integration. Some integration takes more time.

One example is the integration for QuickBooks. To really get the accounting side setup, expect to spend some time and money working with a qualified accountant (if you don't have one on staff) to ensure all data is passing through and classified correctly.

Even with the cons of setup, the ConnectWise University is very well done. Video tutorials are available on almost any aspect of management, and step-by-step checklists are available for just about any multi-step process.

Ryan M.
Industry: Hospitality

CRM, ERP, PSA.. too many acronyms - this is the full platform for IT, telecommunications, MSPs, and other service businesses

Reviewed on 2017/12/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

CW walks the line between small businesses (5-10) and mid-size (100-500) very closely. It's difficult to accommodate both markets - keeping the product simple enough that a small shop can setup and administer it without hiring full time staff or consultants while still allowing the complexity and robustness required from the larger clients. So far they're doing this quite well. In addition, as a company they are operationally mature and their development processes and platform reflect this.

Pros

The functionality is robust out of the box and setup is rather logical and self-explanatory (unlike, say, Salesforce). The company is great to deal with and truly cares about their client base and optimizing their product based on feedback. Pricing is reasonable - more than a basic CRM but less than competing platforms like SF or MS. Application has sufficient customization options and API has reached maturity. Database is very logically designed allowing you to build custom reports and manage by exception, create a data driven culture, etc.

Cons

There are certain limitations that appear to be a result of legacy code - eg, the security cannot be as granular as competing platforms and workflows aren't as complex in nature (even when overlapping with "tracks") as some of the competition's offerings.

Mike H.

ConnectWise Manage

Reviewed on 2018/07/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I work for a managed service provider and this software is essential to what we do. I've used other much more expensive management platforms in the past, and they cost a lot more and had less features. Connectwise does a ton, and I would highly recommend it for any IT service provider.

Pros

Connectwise has a lot of cool features that can help your team stay organized. It can keep all of your client data in one place, and contacts within those organizations are easy to search. We use workflow rules which is a great feature of the software that helps us keep on top of incoming tickets and service requests. We also use it for sales and marketing, procurement, time and expense tracking for our technicians, billing, project management and more. Web based or fat client give you options on how to use it. There is a mobile version as well.

Cons

The backend of the software can get a little confusing when you have to go into setup tables to make changes that you need. The mobile version isn't great from what I've seen. We've had updates that have caused issues and have remained unresolved by the software manufacturer for some time. Custom reports is a little confusing.

Greg H.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Best Product we ever adopted.

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

CW Manage really checked every box that we needed. We use it primarily for tracking service tickets. Since we connected it to our accounting software, it was a great improvement in our workflows. And by tracking all time on tickets we have been able to charge and collect for all the time we work. This product actually made us money.

Pros

Clearly this software was developed by people who do what we do. It actually demands you follow best practices in regards to workflow management around the tech services business. Also it can become the single pane of glass that everyone talks about.

Cons

The reporting function could be much better. There are some standard reports, and there is a report writer option, but it is not easy to get the report you want unless it happens to be one of the few canned ones. Was always surprised that the reporting is so weak compared to the rest of the funtions of the product that are so strong.

Lewis W.

ConnectWise in Outsourced IT Model

Reviewed on 2017/04/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have used ConnectWise for the past 3 years for both internal support and as the Ticketing platform for over 25 Managed IT Services clients. The product has been reliable and the features/functionality have been rich enough to support our commercial and municipal clients. The integration with LabTech enables our technical staff to provide efficient proactive remote support for end users regardless of their location. Support ticket tracking is essential for accurate and timely support delivery. ConnectWise tracking allows us to develop and adhere to Service Level Agreements with our outsourced clients. The metrics from this information helps drive the conversation about additional staffing or services when it is needed. Opportunity tracking, sales and CRM are well integrated and used extensively. The project management tools are limited but the ability to track activity by ticket and phase makes up for any shortcomings.

Pros

The integration of ticketing with the service delivery steps of a project provide a great way to show progress and issues within a complex project.

Cons

I would like to see a more robust reporting toolset to build the complex SLA reporting required for our government clients.

Rion K.

ConnectWise - Great tool but is it the

Reviewed on 2017/05/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

At the end of the day, there isn't really anything "better" out there yet. Competitors are trying very hard to take the good of ConnectWise, and eliminate the pitfalls that it has. Some are getting very close, I hope this drives ConnectWise to make some major changes in the very near future because we really do not want to have to change.

Pros

It is a great piece of software for managing, tracking, and reporting on tickets in a service environment. It does take a great deal of work to get configured, but if you put in the time it is a fantastic tool

Cons

Reporting tools are cumbersome and not very easy to customize. Integration with remote monitoring tools is also becoming more and more limited, especially with purchase and merger of LabTech. Which has a very large footprint on end user's endpoints. There is also a lack of integration when it comes to accounting software, it is really Quickbooks or nothing at this point.

Greg G.

Connectwise CRM Review

Reviewed on 2016/07/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The best thing about connectwise is that it incorporates almost every single aspect of the organization and provides an organized way of tracking significant information. It is particularly great for those companies that do things on an hourly basis and a manged services type of set up. Connect Wise puts in place an excellent way of implementing processes and systems for a small-midsized organization. It just needs to be learned and used correctly. The fact that they do indeed have a team devoted to helping the enduser customer is excellent. The person who is responsible for the software inhouse has the most important role of whether or not it works as productively as it can. CW can have positive changes on sales, operations and account management if DONE RIGHT.

Cons

Connectwise is definitely a tough product to learn and utilize at first. There are many features to the software and it could take months of practice to be effective with it. They do have people that work for the company who specialize in training users on how to effectively use it. If used correctly, it can potentially improve the business significantly.

Eli P.

Quality Program with a High Level of Complexity

Reviewed on 2019/06/09

Overall, I have been happy with the product. The most important improvement that the company could make would be to improve first level support.

Pros

ConnectWise Manage allows my company to track and manage service desk tickets and customer relationships effectively. There is a high level of customization available and the product is regularly updated.

Cons

Withe the high level of customization comes a high level of complexity. This can be daunted when learning to use the product. New users will frequently run into unplanned "gotchas" due to the complex nature of ConnectWise Manage. First level support can be frustrating to work with at times. There seems to be lack of expertise and a lack of willingness to dig deep into issues in some occasions. Fortunately, when my cases have been escalated, I have had much better results.

Colin W.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Incredibly vast array of useful integrated tools.

Reviewed on 2018/06/01

Extremely powerful top notch CRM tool that can really take a business to a new level.

Pros

This software is very powerful and a great all in one tool for managing marketing, contracts, customer service, and all other sales functions. It's pretty impressive just how many functions you have access to within the software the can really take an organization to the next level operationally if it's used properly.

Cons

The user interface isn't the most intuitive and it took me a lot of tinkering to really get the hang of it. I still am probably missing out on a lot of useful functionality within the software that I do no not currently know how to use.

Response from ConnectWise

Hello Colin Waters,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with our product. Additionally, we understand your challenge of understanding all of the functionality and hope that that you are able to utilize the whole system soon. As a reminder, we do offer ConnectWise University and several other resources that may be helpful to you in your research.

We look forward to growing our partnership with you and let us know if there is anything that we can do to help!

Sean T.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Very good PSA software with mediocre support and subpar performance

Reviewed on 2017/02/02

We love the product, regular updates and feature improvements, but it's performance on even very robust hardware is stunningly poor. The timeliness of their support is also very lacking routinely taking days to ask for information included with the original ticket.

Pros

Tons of features, regular updates, and improvements multiple times per year.

Cons

Performance is horrible
Support is poor
Used car like sales experience
There are arbitrary limitations to what can be done through the interface and API. The data is there but you cannot automate or take action on it without manual intervention.
Requires third party software to get meaningful performance metrics

Response from ConnectWise

Hi Sean, thanks for taking the time to write this thorough review. We are pleased to hear you love ConnectWise. We also greatly value your feedback regarding our support and limitations. It will be passed on to the appropriate departments.

David G.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Good software with great support. Somewhat complex to manage

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Whilst it is still a work in progress, we are definitely using ConnectWise to improve our business processes and effectiveness.

Pros

Having software that enables us to run our business end to end is a great benefit, rather than having to use separate systems.

Workflows are incredibly powerful for taking out the human error factor, and for ensuring people do the right thing. This improves the quality of work.

ConnectWise support has always been great for me, with helpful, quick responses

Cons

Ongoing management and finding your way round the back end is quite difficult, although not too bad when you get the hang of it.

Releases often don't seem to be tested well enough and often cause additional issues.

Morgan F.

I have been using ConnectWise Manage for 7 years as an Account Manager/Sales

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

The ultimate benefit is that I am more organized with it. I don't forgetting about renewals, tickets or tasks. It helps me deliver more consistent service so that my clients get a better level of support from me.

Pros

Tracking customer assets and reminding you when renewals are due are awesome. The flexibility to run client and internal reports are very good. Workflows are great, the automated processes make it so nothing is forgotten or missed. It is a great way for MSP's to stay on top of tickets, tasks, and activities.

Cons

I find it very difficult to search for a closed ticket if I don't know a key word in the subject line. It won't search the body of the ticket for a key word.

Michael H.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

ConnectWise is a horrible company and has mediocre products

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

Regretable. I regret spending $1600/mo for 3 years on a product that was NOT worth it. I went from spending $300/mo to $1600/mo for a lesser product. Locked into an inferior product by a deceitful sales team.

Pros

ConnectWise Manage has a wide birth of functionality. It has 80% of what an MSP needs to manage its service offering. We used the product for 3 years. We used it for ticketing, project management, product inventory, lead tracking, marketing, and client communications. The product's maturity lead us to use many integrations with other services and products.

Cons

It's so hard to pick just one thing that I liked least. The company itself was my biggest issue. The sales team had no sense of ethics and resorted to lying in order to make a sale.
If ignoring the deplorable ethics of the company, the product itself has innumerable flaws. The one thing we could not get past was our struggle to regain the efficiency we had prior to using ConnectWise Manage. We took an 30% efficiency hit using ConnectWise Manage. Previously we used MaxFocus Service Desk, and since moving away from ConnectWise we use SolarWinds MSP Manager. We immediately regained our lost efficiency and have maintained it for the past 6 months.
ConnectWise Manage had great automation, but the number of clicks and manual steps required to take advantage of it were not worth it.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Its a good piece of software but its clunky

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

It has a lot of options and can do a lot of different things. Its open source so it can be modified with a good programmer to fit individual businesses needs.

Cons

Its very clunky and hard to learn and navigate. There's many sub menu's and sub tabs for every high level tab and it can be difficult to find everything you want quickly and easily.

Response from ConnectWise

Thanks for the review! We really appreciate the feedback.

We understand your challenge in learning how to navigating through ConnectWise Manage. Did you know, that we offer ConnectWise University to aid in the training process? There is a ton of information in there that may help out!

Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to building our partnership even more.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10