ConnectWise PSA Reviews

Angela
Angela

Robust software

Reviewed on 2021/05/24

The support is really good, which is important as sometimes the settings are hard to get right. I wish they had had better advice on the setup between Connectwise and Quickbooks as it took a while to get things flowing correctly.

Pros

There are a lot of built-in features. It is good for being able to share information between departments. However, there are so many different features, it can be overwhelming for new employees when they first start. It seems to take people a while to really get the hang of it. It is nice having sales being able to see the same invoices as accounting, which saves time of having to send them to them when they have questions.

Cons

The reporting features. While they have a report writer, it is quite difficult to use. It is also chronically slow to load. The second thing is it also seems like in the last year I've had more of my tabs lock up in all areas.

Drew
Drew
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

In a world of okay tools, Manage is the best

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

Pros

As an integrated PSA / Billing System / Ticketing System it functions great. In comparison to the other products in it's space it's light years beyond in functionality and usage.

Cons

ConnectWise support and account management leaves a lot to be desired, though there recently have been noticeable improvements and if they continue on this path they'll be a world class company once again. Manage really lacks at: CRM/Sales and a few other items. Dashboards require a third party add-on. It's base functionality is decent but everything else is a pay for me option.

Rev.io

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise PSA

2014

Freshdesk and Autotask PSA
Michael

ConnectWise is a horrible company and has mediocre products

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

Regretable. I regret spending $1600/mo for 3 years on a product that was NOT worth it. I went from spending $300/mo to $1600/mo for a lesser product. Locked into an inferior product by a deceitful sales team.

Pros

ConnectWise Manage has a wide birth of functionality. It has 80% of what an MSP needs to manage its service offering. We used the product for 3 years. We used it for ticketing, project management, product inventory, lead tracking, marketing, and client communications. The product's maturity lead us to use many integrations with other services and products.

Cons

It's so hard to pick just one thing that I liked least. The company itself was my biggest issue. The sales team had no sense of ethics and resorted to lying in order to make a sale.
If ignoring the deplorable ethics of the company, the product itself has innumerable flaws. The one thing we could not get past was our struggle to regain the efficiency we had prior to using ConnectWise Manage. We took an 30% efficiency hit using ConnectWise Manage. Previously we used MaxFocus Service Desk, and since moving away from ConnectWise we use SolarWinds MSP Manager. We immediately regained our lost efficiency and have maintained it for the past 6 months.
ConnectWise Manage had great automation, but the number of clicks and manual steps required to take advantage of it were not worth it.

Naverisk, Accelo and Autotask PSA

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise PSA

In an attempt to improve automation.

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise PSA

Believing the lies of the sales team.
Christopher

Great tool, great features

Reviewed on 2023/09/26

Pros

I like how ConnectWise integrates other systems and applications to help keep lots of things in less windows. Between RMM and the ticketing system, we use ConnectWise daily and some use it all day long.

Cons

Sometimes the features don’t work as well as we’d like it to or we wish there could be more features to make our job easier, but sometimes you have to stick with what works well and wait for the devs to work out the kinks before it’s released.

Morgan
Morgan

I have been using ConnectWise Manage for 7 years as an Account Manager/Sales

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

The ultimate benefit is that I am more organized with it. I don't forgetting about renewals, tickets or tasks. It helps me deliver more consistent service so that my clients get a better level of support from me.

Pros

Tracking customer assets and reminding you when renewals are due are awesome. The flexibility to run client and internal reports are very good. Workflows are great, the automated processes make it so nothing is forgotten or missed. It is a great way for MSP's to stay on top of tickets, tasks, and activities.

Cons

I find it very difficult to search for a closed ticket if I don't know a key word in the subject line. It won't search the body of the ticket for a key word.

James
James
  • Industry: Computer Networking

OVeral shocking experience

Reviewed on 2019/11/01

We have literally had zero benefits working with Connectwise. Its cost us £000's and we have wasted so much time since using Connectwise..... its the single worst decisions we have ever made as a business.
We spent and invested a lot of time ensuring we would get the most out of it, but it just hasnt happened... the issues are too frequent, support to slow and overal a very bad experience. Reaching out to Connectwise with a long list of issues has resulted in 4 people calling to say how sorry they are, any they WILL definaltey help but then the next update is the ticket closing - thanks.

Pros

The end of the ady when i can log out of Connectwise.
The Contract part and some automation is good.

Cons

Practically everything else:
Slow - keeps hanging when doing tasks such as save a ticket, send and invoice, close tickets - you know really important tasks which should be almost instant. absolute zero support from CW. Been told its a programming issue with bulk tasking and it will be fixed - still waiting, much like when using ConnectWise manage - always waiting.
Then there is the general support - lacking to say the least.
Then the onboarding - they say we get you completely up and running. What they should have said is You'll want to be running away by the time you come to use the product. Unless you learn it all in the onboarding process your on your own or you have to pay a huge amount more for help. They literally just churn you out and get the next lot of sheep in.
Sales team lied about how it would interact and sync with Xero. Told me the same way as Quickbooks does and then showed me how QuickBooks Desktop syncs, saying just like this.... IT DOESNT you have to pay someone else to move your data from your PSA to your accounts package REALLY @ $245 extra per month. Didnt tell me that before i signed up.
Cloud console which was supposed to save time by synchronising Office 365 licenses to contracts was often wrong, very clunky and then stopped working - another paid feature of Connectwise that didnt work.
I could go on, but you get the picture. Its not all smooth sailing and is causing lots of issues in our business. We tried to reach out to CW but they're not helping

Shaun

Solid suite for smaller MSP's

Reviewed on 2023/05/25

Pros

CWM meets our needs in so many ways. It's designed to be used by businesses like ours and meets nearly all our requirements without needing to be heavy upfront development to become functional.

Cons

There are limitations and customizations you'll wish for that it just cannot accommodate. There is a "right" way to use it that most companies will not likely align with 100%.

Malith

Why I like ConnectWise PSA over the rest

Reviewed on 2023/10/20

Pros

I like their Desktop Client, which I don't see in AutoTask. It's made my life easier a lot of times. Even if you hit the refresh button accidentally, the ticket note's start time won't reset.Though we think it is great when everything can be accessed over a web browser, it isn't always true.

Cons

The lack or notifications feature when you have an update to a ticket.

The Backbone to Our Business

Reviewed on 2023/06/15

Pros

ConnectWise is the core system we use to provide service to our customers, and it make it easy to track and invoice from.

Cons

Can be laggy sometimes and can't keep up.

Delaney

CwM

Reviewed on 2023/07/12

Pros

The ticketing system is customizable and allows many useful workflows.

Cons

The projects and products section is an absolute nightmare that shouldn't be used.

Paul

Connectwise gets the job done but could use a facelift

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

Overall it is a good platform and ecosystem. They have acquired many other platforms and services over the years. Being a market leader would just like to see more out of CW.

Pros

At the end of the day CW manage does what we need it to do. It's strong suits are ticketing, configuration tracking, and large of integrations. CW is one of the largest PSAs out there in the MSP world and they are stil here for a reason. Tight integration with their RMM automate is a big plus as well.

Cons

To me being a long time user I woudl like to see greater progress with updates and improving the user interface. CW from 10 years ago doesn't look much different than CW of today. While features trump usability at some point it starts to weigh you down. Especially when comparing to other platforms that seem to be up to speed with the modern age.

Autotask PSA
Lane

Loads of Features, Little Support

Reviewed on 2012/03/05

If you are starting out your operation then this could be a bit pricey to get going. However, if you are established and need to grow, I don't know how you could not find this tool invaluable. Hopefully they work on the issues that I've described and things get better.

Pros

This is THE software for a company that provides technical services. It tracks everything from assets to travel expenses in minute detail so you can focus on building your business.

* Installation on PC
- This is a breeze, it works great out of the box for us on Windows 7 and in Terminal Services.
* Google Apps
- Works great with checking Email and Scheduling Resources through Google Apps
* Invoicing
- It was quite the wake-up call to see all the hours we were not able to bill for with our old support portal. (Just be careful to document your work properly because it becomes viewable to the client).
* Transparency
- This software lets your clients see everything going on behind the scenes, from Support Issues to Travel time. It's a must for any honest entrepreneur.

Cons

* Constat errors.
- This software produces lots of errors
* Slow Support.
- ConnectWise has very knowledgable people on staff who can work through ANYTHING that you have trouble with. Unfortunately, they are impossible to get on the phone, by chat or by email. Unless we call and call and call and call and call, we often wait days/weeks for someone to get back.
* Unintuitive Interface
- They should hire someone from Google, Apple or Syntress to rework this interface. It's so cumbersome that common tools are hidden behind clicks and clicks before you ever find them.
- There is no tour to learn the software
- It's confusing with screens that look exactly alike on every page.
- The tabs to view multiple pages are helpful but impractical, it would be better to let the information open in a new window as well.
- No HA - when its down, it's down.
* No Online Payments *Yet*

Daryl
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Solid Sales Team With Abysmal Support

Reviewed on 2022/05/13

Horrible...sales team was excellent at promising the world, but implementation and support were terrible.

Pros

Cloud based, ticketing system was more user friendly than what we had

Cons

Implementation, support and security teams are incapable of understanding basic high security enterprise environments. Product was built to function one way and one way only, if your environment didn't conform to how they wanted it to run you had to make major security holes to implement. When partner care was contacted about terminating contract for the inability to deliver a secure product, they said "too bad, you signed the contract"

Jason
Jason

Connectwise Manage review

Reviewed on 2022/10/21

It is our PSA for the entire support team and in general most of our users are happy with ut

Pros

The scope of features and works it covers. As an MSP it supports us quite well

Cons

The CRM function and lack of proper Marketing capabilities

Dominic

ConnectWise Review

Reviewed on 2010/04/14

ConnectWise can probably streamline the majority of business management. However the overly-complicated graphical user interface and lack of documentation drastically diminishes any positive features included in this business management software. Final verdict, pass on this product!

Pros

On the surface, ConnectWise is a full featured business management suite. It boasts features such as a support ticket system, project management tracking and client billing with integrated time-tracking. The wide-array of features bundled in the ConnectWise software allows the business user to accomplish practically any business management function in multiple ways. The work-station installation is pretty easy and only requires .NET and Internet Explorer running in a Windows environment.

Cons

Persistent bugs and .NET errors make ConnectWise highly unusable. By not streamlining application features the end user is left spending countless hours trying to figure out the best way to use the software.

Permission based user account controls add additional difficulty to the administration of ConnectWise. Lack of permissions can cause numerous business down-times. Project management capabilities are overly-complicated typically taking the administrative user multiple trial-and-error attempts.

Tickets submitted to the ConnectWise product support department gained an initial response within one or two business days. Resolution could take up to a week. In one instance better product documentation could have provided an answer but waiting for one week to get a response from the support department was unacceptable. In another instance there was no solution for a Windows 7 compatibility issue. The "canned" responses were typical but didn't provide any resolution.

It takes time to get used to it

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Pros

As much as I hated this ticketing system, it's come to grow on me. This system is robust. It's really hard to implement if you are coming from your own systems. Once you customize it gets a bit easier. Also it's super important to establish workflows for techs. Otherwise it's really difficult to navigate. However i have gotten used now seeing my calendar with time overlays which helps keep me on track. The calendar for me is my favorite part to be it's central for working because it allows you to work the rest of the portal.

Cons

I came off of TeamSupport which had the ability to insert Rich Text into tickets which made my visual way of working much Easier. Connectwise does not have the ability to do that. It's super clunky and makes it painful to attach screenshots. I also wish the global search feature was much better.

Aleksandr

Bloated software and a real lack of partnership

Reviewed on 2023/10/18

Negative. They made several accounting mistakes internally and tried to get me to pay for their mistakes.

Pros

The software is very feature rich and has everything a large IT company will need

Cons

Their billing structure, long contracts, and lack of a real partnership approach. You are nothing more than your contract and they will not hesitate to take legal action against you.

Terry

InfoCloud

Reviewed on 2021/04/08

Fairly good

Fairly good

Pros

Feature Set
Integration/API’s
Strong community support

Cons

Inconsistent Support
No phone support

Brian
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Defacto PSA

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Pros

Pretty much the defact IT PSA. Allows inventory and integration into various 3rd party utilities to provide a central location for storing all your documentation and configuration information.

Built in invoicing, billing and sales functionality makes this a fully integrated piece of software.

Cons

Because of the amount of data stored in the database finding specific pieces are very difficult if you dont know exactly what you are looking for, searching for something can be extremely difficult (which is why third party software vendors have come up with their solutions that ties into this product that make this easier)

Sean

Very good PSA software with mediocre support and subpar performance

Reviewed on 2017/02/02

We love the product, regular updates and feature improvements, but it's performance on even very robust hardware is stunningly poor. The timeliness of their support is also very lacking routinely taking days to ask for information included with the original ticket.

Pros

Tons of features, regular updates, and improvements multiple times per year.

Cons

Performance is horrible
Support is poor
Used car like sales experience
There are arbitrary limitations to what can be done through the interface and API. The data is there but you cannot automate or take action on it without manual intervention.
Requires third party software to get meaningful performance metrics

Response from ConnectWise

Hi Sean, thanks for taking the time to write this thorough review. We are pleased to hear you love ConnectWise. We also greatly value your feedback regarding our support and limitations. It will be passed on to the appropriate departments.

Héctor Joel
Héctor Joel
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

ConnectWise Manage, splendid tool with multiple uses.

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

Currently we provide support services and project management, monitoring our clients' cases and the tool works correctly, every day we learn to configure and adapt it for our organization. You can try to acquire it, you will have a great experience.

Pros

CW Manage inmediately catches you with the various tasks you can perform and how you can configure it, from entering it in the sales area, marketing, support services, project, management, among others.

Cons

Each update delays its entry but its service is sustainable, but for some it turns out to be a complex system that ends up abandonning it to be able to work in which you must have experience.

Krystal

This CRM is very easy to navigate, and user friendly.

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Organization, and easy communication with the Teams we work with.

Organization, and easy communication with the Teams we work with.

Pros

After customizing fields, statuses and boards, this CRM is very easy to navigate. Adjusting the view to whichever I prefer is great too!

Cons

I don't care for the difficult process in which to make a company inactive, or remove a user. Also, changing old templates and status boards. It would be ideal to be able to edit them, rather than having to create new ones. It is a hassle having to update old tickets with the new status or board. It would be great to be able to remove a resource from a ticket using the Actions tab on the service board list.

Jordan

ConnectWise Manage

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

Connectwise provides a level of customer service that you just can't find anywhere else. It is super easy to get a hold of them and 9/10 times they have the exact answer you are looking for.

Pros

ConnectWise Manage is by far my favorite IT ticking software out there currently. It has helped provide much higher levels of accountability within the IT department and it constantly receiving great new features.

Cons

The implementation period takes a long time but it is very understandable once you get into it as they have a lot more to offer compared to other helpdesk systems.

Great All Around tool

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

I am able to quickly and easily adjust my day with the team. The scheduling aspect of the app is amazing. There are a lot of great features that are drilled down into the application. In a day to day use it's been a great tool for our office.

Pros

I like that it connects with so many other apps to pull data and include in-depth information. The search functionality is really great to be able to look at recurring issues.

Cons

I don't like that there are some UI issues and that it auto opens items when there is only one. When you are trying to gather information is can slow the process down.

Tresa
Tresa

Functional ticketing system for help desks, lacking on the project front

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

Pros

The ticketing system for help desks is easy to use and very robust. It makes for easy ticket entry by both clients and staff. Easy search functionality to use and create a knowledge base of tickets as well.

Cons

The project piece is very lacking. Dealing with Flat rate and time and materials projects in tandem makes trying to keep things on track difficult and it needs to have a gnatt chart based on billable time not just scheduled time. It also needs a way to track an overview of all projects time vs budget as well as timeline.