Grade.us Reviews

Grade.us

Review marketing and management platform, white-labeled for agencies and SEOs

4.8/5 (155 reviews)

This is a difficult space, but I think I made the right choice

Reviewed on 2018/04/18
Review Source

Pros

I wish this wasn't broken down into pros and cons. Reviews like these are for products like this are too complex for such simplistic answers.

My advice is to get in touch with their team and ask for a proper demo or support session before you go set this up for your clients. That's what made the difference for me.

- Extensive functionality with a big list of options to customise the platform in comparison to other systems I've seen.
- They're pretty good at updating and upgrading their feature list and overall, the clients I use this with are happy and that to me is what matters most.
- Staff and help/support team are very helpful and willing to do everything they can to get things right.

Cons

It's not the prettiest interface so if you want it to look exactly like your customer's brand, it may not be for you. But what is more important is 'does it do what it says it will do' and the answer is yes so that is more a pro than a con.
I have to admit I find the help screens and information very confusing but if you're more web savvy than me, you may think it's a doddle. What they probably lack is a more robust training video catalogue so be ready to do a fair amount of reading if you want to implement this properly.

Michael C.

Best balance of features vs. cost, excels at review acquisition.

Reviewed on 2015/07/06
Review Source

Grade.us has best balance of features vs. cost that I've found on the market, and it excels at the most important task — helping the business or organization acquire reviews. Other apps may have more robust reporting or dashboards at them moment, but they are often weak on acquisition.

The Grade.us feature set leaves no acquisition opportunity overlooked. There's a customizable autoresponder system to drip review requests, a simple review invitation feature that allows organizations to quickly trigger the autoresponder (without signing-in to the dashboard), even nicely-printed invitation cards. The review "funnel" can also be triggered by an embeddable review button, live review widget (just click a star to start), or QR code.

Negative reviews are routed to the organization first, at least presenting a opportunity for the reviewer to vent themselves and for the organization to respond before going public.

The system reliably tracks 80+ review sites — all the usual suspects plus many social media and industry sites. Daily email alerts keep the organization current. Positive reviews (or all reviews if you like) may be streamed to any website. All very nice.

Support is snappy and I believe the company is intent on refining and polishing this app over time. I've seen significant development over the last six months.

Five stars for Grade.us!

Pros

Easy and fast for reviewers to use — resulting in better acquisition. Mobile-friendly. Solid tracking and alert system.

Cons

I'd like to see more refined dashboard reporting, similar to other systems that provide visual representations of activity over time.

Response from Grade Us, Inc.

Thanks for your review, Michael! Agreed--we absolutely need more in the way of a visual dashboard for all of the review data we collect for you. The scheduled PDF and Web based reports are nice for sharing with your clients, but it would be nice to login and see your current stats "at a glance." It's in the pipeline!

Kimberly G.

Affordable solution for monitoring and increasing reviews across the web!

Reviewed on 2016/12/22

First , the Grade.Us customer support is awesome! They have built an easy to use review system that doesn't require a programming degree to set up nor is there a hefty start up fee! In fact, there is no set up fee or contracts! Getting started takes less than an hour and there are many review platforms you can include in your invitation to customers which helps you to control where you want to concentrate reputation management. For example, if you have a healthy amount of reviews on Google but not many on Facebook you can remove Google from the invite to encourage more Facebook reviews. There are review platforms I hadn't even heard of but of which will help with your SEO efforts. We noticed a significant increase in traffic and form fills after we built up our positive reviews from 5 to over 50 in less than a month. Grade.Us makes it super simple for your invitees to take action. You can also create a widget to stream reviews on your website in real time and filter out any negative ones. I looked at a couple of others and none could compare to the fair pricing of Grade.Us. We were spending a ton of money on another major review system that only helped us gather reviews on their platform but not across the web.

The only slight I have which I've brought up and have hope that they will include as they come out with updates is more flexibility in the dashboard for sorting invites sent by last name and also the exact action and last action date of the reviewer. I also hope to see a function to have a way for multiple email types to be stored so that it can be selected without re-editing the invitation content when you want to segment your invitation to a particular platform such as Angie's List referrals.

Overall though, I haven't found a better review invitation and tracking system that functions as smoothly as Grade.Us and especially the reasonableness of the pricing. Other systems I looked over had complicated rates and a prohibitive pricing structure for multiple locations without additional value.

Very happy with the platform, the service, the pricing and most importantly - the results it has produced!

Rabeah A.

White Label Reputation Management Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Our competitors were offering similar software, so we bought their white label service to use with our clients

Pros

Grade. us offers Reputation management software that can help businesses aggregate positive reviews while mitigating negative ones.

After trying multiple review management solutions, we stuck with Grade.us for their customer service and easy to use software.

Setting up profiles is quick and customizable. You can set up profiles with each account with different persmissions.

Another nice touch is the ability to send out automated reports to specified email addresses.

Cons

They could do a better job at communicating changes that they are making to their platform as they roll out. Sometimes they will add or move a feature in the admin area, and you have to search around to find it.

Solid Tool For More Online Reviews. Great Support

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/12/07

It's surprisingly difficult to get people to leave online reviews. This definitely will help. I was able to capture a few reviews for our agency during the 14-day trial period, so I was happy with that. I haven't yet decided whether I'm going to integrate this into our offering. To justify the monthly cost, you'd definitely want to capture a decent volume of email addresses on a monthly basis.

Pros

I run a small agency, and have been considering supplementing our services with a reputation/reviews management tool. Did the 14-day trial, and was very impressed with the product. Really enjoyed the ease of use. Easy to setup and initiate a campaign. Lots of flexibility in terms of how you would like to manage your campaigns, but I found the default settings to be spot on for me. I liked the real time reporting, that indicated what actions (if any) the recipients took after receiving the email. Really good product overall.

Cons

Struggling to come up with a dislike. Wish it was free!

Response from Grade Us

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear that the free trial accomplished what you were hoping. I'll share your kind words with the team.

You're right, getting reviews can be a major challenge when you don't have the right system in place. A lot of agencies are adding review management as a supplementary service for their clients. It's really becoming a differentiator for selling digital marketing services.

Feel free to reach out to our team if you want to discuss the white label options for offering Grade.us to your clients. Many of our customers are agencies who have found it to be a great foot-in-the-door service, since business owners truly understand the power of online reviews.

Dean H.

My favorite SEO software

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

The customer service has ALWAYS been top notch. I get fast help whenever I need it, even in the evenings. They are absolutely one of my favorite SEO companies.

Pros

I love the fact that it is my least expensive piece of software, but it's the one my clients like the best. There's something about providing an avenue for positive feedback that appeals to every business owner.

Cons

I'd like to be able to clone all aspects of a campaign and copy them to new ones.

Response from Grade Us

Thank you for the kind words, Dean!

I shared your message with Boris and the support team. We appreciate that you've been a customer with us for so long!

Randy j L.

Best Value Review Management System

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Everytime we have a service request we get emmediate response and customer service is awesome.

Pros

I like the White Label version because my clients log in straight from my website to send review invites. It handles both email and SMS funnels and it allows negative responses to be funneled to a contact form versus hitting the review channel.

Cons

We have not yet found a negative yet as the SAS has been working seamlessly for the past year.

Response from Grade Us

Thanks for the great review, Randy!

We're so happy to hear that the platform has worked well for your clients. We take pride in our ability to provide a white labeled solution for our digital marketing companies.

I'll share your appreciation with the customer service team! Hearing stuff like this really validates all of the hard work that they put in.

Great review acquisition platform!

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pretty dang happy with Grade.us. We have tried getting reviews ourselves and it just seems like Grade.us does a better job overall.

Pros

I really like that it's simple to set up.

Cons

I wish there were more workflow options - multiple samples of how the most successful companies are using the product workflows/content.

Response from Grade Us

Thanks so much for the kind review! We feel it's important to keep setup simple as well.

Your suggestion of providing other examples of the workflow is great. It's something I'll communicate to marketing and see if we can get some more clients to participate in sharing their best practices.

Joey G.

Excellent solution, great customer service

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

Before grade.us I was using a more manual + custom code solution. It was cumbersome and any changes were slow to build and required lots of testing, etc. It was NOT an easy solution. I tried a few other competitors of grade.us prior to finding them (local search forum) and immediately saw an increase in productivity (on boarding new clients) and an overall ease of management. Overall very good solution!

Pros

Very flexible and intuitive. Easy to setup and easy to use. I am able to change the reviews flows for each client, quick and easily.

Cons

The email/html editor could be a little bigger, less clunky.

Response from Grade Us

Thanks for the fantastic review, Joey! We really appreciate your continued support. It's been awesome working with you. I'll let the team know what you said. :)

~Garrett

John R.

Best review wizard tool for agencies

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Simple to use and a great solution for agencies looking to offer review wizards to their clients.

Pros

- Great solution for agencies to white label their review wizard
- Easy to set up
- The thumbs up, thumbs down solution is great for the end-user
- Custom domain mapping

Cons

- The email drip functionality could be a little better (i.e. if someone opens/clicks don't re-send)
- Integration with something like mailchimp would be awesome

Response from Grade Us

Hey John,

Thanks for this great feedback about our email campaign functionality. Great news! We do offer the ability to deactivate a campaign based on open or click.

You can find those settings under your invite tab, but feel free to reach out to support if you'd like to have a screen share walkthrough on how to activate it for your clients.

I'll pass your feedback along to product. As reporting and email marketing analytics continue to grow in importance for agencies like yourself, that type of intelligent conditional behavior would definitely make sense!

I'll also let product know that you appreciate the white label solution is really working for you and your clients.

Thanks for being a fantastic customer!

Garrett

Jason H.

Great product, little expensive for marketers.

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

Really like this product. We're a startup trying to brand this for dentists and Drs. however, pricing is a little high for volume.

Pros

Cons

Wish that white labeled clients had more access into system to make their own changes

Response from Grade Us

Hey Jason, thanks for the review! We hear you on the pricing--we've tried to come in at a price that still gives agencies and marketers room but doesn't sacrifice the quality of product and service that we can provide. I'm not sure that the balance we strike is right for every customer.

As for granting access to clients, though, you may not be aware that you can now white-label our dashboard to allow clients to login and self-manage. However, there are some additional costs to set that up. Reach out to support AT grade.us if interested!

Offers The Best Review Funnel

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Grade.us is part of our toolset in working as an agency to manage the online presence of small businesses. This tool serves as our review management base of operations. I love that it has the option to directly purchase branded and coded cards to distribute for the clients, but wish it had more free options to directly download or export the designs as pdfs to use elsewhere. Also, if the reports were able to be customized a little more discretely, their utility would go up significantly for us.

Pros

The static review funnel is the best and most versatile one I've seen in Review Management products.

Cons

Inability to customize reports, and to generate pdf templates of paper materials.

Hamlet J.

Modern Look & Feel. Effective. Great People.

Reviewed on 2015/08/28

I don't write many reviews but every now and then I'm compelled to. This is one of those times. I had been looking for a service like this one that would allow us to (1) easily capture reviews from customers, but more importantly, and this was harder to find, (2) easily and eloquently display/embed the reviews from around the web into our own website...and this is where Grade.us comes in.

I am very much against having customers review you on your own website because this has been subject to abuse by companies that will stuff their site with fake reviews, and therefore doing it this way has very little credibility. Therefore, it was important for us to get reviewed on 3rd party independent websites like Google, HomeAdvisor, etc.

Grade.us met both our goals and then some. Their whole platform has that modern look and feel that keeps up with our greatly designed website. It works - and - is easy to customize and integrate into your system.

Their customer service is off the charts too. Within a few minutes of signup, they emailed us asking if they could help. I had a few questions and got a response within the hour - every time.

Overall, we are very excited to have found grade.us and believe that their partnership will help us grow our business for years to come.

Response from Grade Us

Thanks so much for the review, Hamlet. Glad you found us! We obviously share your view that reviews on third-party review sites are *way* more valuable than "vanity reviews" collected on your website. It's a wonder more review companies don't follow our lead! Anyway, thanks again. Please reach out if you ever need anything from us.

Awesome Review Management Software

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

After using a software that was a lot lower quality with a higher price and after comparing others before choosing Grade.us, I found that Grade.us offers a superior product for a highly competitive price!

Pros

There are many things that I like about Grade.us; my top two are the price (great for small/medium size agencies to easily make a profit when offering the service to our clients) and the functionality (setup of profiles is a breeze).

Cons

I do not have much to say that is negative about the software, but there are just a few things that can be simplified with the day-to-day usage of the software like setting up the white label branding and customizing the review display settings with the WP Plugin.

Cindy S.

Grade.us Helps us Help Others!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Socialeyes Consultants has been partnering with grade.us for close to 2 years to offer our customers the best solution for review management.

Pros

The ability to ward off potential negative reviews from permanently going online by driving people to the funnel.

Cons

We have not experienced any cons with grade.us to date.

Brandon M.

We like having GradeUs in our toolbelt but it's a little pricey for the features.

Reviewed on 2018/04/20

Great tool but for the price, isn't extremely innovative. Seems easily duplicated so they're going to face some stiff competition.

Pros

Being able to manage reviews in one place is amazing and the tools to collect reviews are pretty powerful.

Cons

This is a convenience tool, not a tool you can't live without. You can do everything you can do with GradeUs in other tools. GradeUs just brings features together. It saves us some time but doesn't provide overwhelming innovation for the price.

7.0/10

Digital Customer Support

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

sometime I do not want to read or be directed to an article. When a client has a problem, it takes way too much time to solve by email and provided articles.
The staff is great and they are committed to doing a great job. But the problem I just had took 2 hours of my day when with a short conversation, it would have been 20 minutes. This is maddening and definitely takes away from the experience.
Again, no reflection on the CS team. Techs are great and knowledgable. Colten does an outstanding job!

Pros

It works great and the cost allows an agency to make money on the platform.

Cons

No problems with the software. I do have problems with Google's review form. It is not clear and we have many that just leave stars instead of stars and comments. When asked, they do not see where they can write. I am sure we are missing great reviews because of this.

Deborah D.

Excellent Service; Improvement over our last

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

I have enjoyed using Grade.us. The features and functions, including reporting, are much more advanced than the service we were using before, and at a much more reasonable overall price. Customer support is always quick and they have been very informative the times I have had to call with more specific questions. Thank you!

Pros

The ease of set-up for new clients and the ease of setting up recurring reports.

Cons

Sometimes new features are rolled out that I feel should be applied across the board. For example, when you added the option to have someone who has already opened the email or clicked to leave a review removed from subsequent mailing lists, I feel like at least the "click" should have been applied automatically. People who have already left reviews getting extra emails is by far the biggest complaint we get from customers.

Garry M.

When Clients Tell Your Brand Story

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

We are in an age now where every product and every small business is being validated by consumers and customers. When a small business has established a distinct brand and tagline, a potential customer turns to social media, review websites and other sources to see if real customers reinforce the business claims. I called this objective "When clients tell your brand story". By having the Grade.Us method of inviting reviews and then streaming the reviews to your website, it inspires the business staff to live up to the core values of the business because they are rewarded with great comments. Example: NC Center For Physical Therapy tagline is "Your Goal Is Our Goal". Just read their reviews on Grade.Us and you will see 5-star reviews reinforcing that tagline. And the business is rewarded with SERP high rankings and more new clients. Simple as that.

Lee'ann B.

Good value for the service

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/12/16

It was ok, I ended up cancelling it after a few years to upgrade to another platform.

Pros

I used this for a couple of years for my clients. The pros were the cost compared to other review platforms, and it was pretty easy to set up a drip campaign as well as set up the landing page for a client.

Cons

What I disliked is that the landing pages were not found in search results, nor did the reviews show up on the knowledge panel on Google like other review sites do. The landing pages could have been a little more functional and robust as well.

6.0/10
Marc C.

Probably still the best

Reviewed on 2019/03/26
Review Source

Pros

Simple setup for the most part
Good features compared to other applications

Cons

Support hours not great for international users

Britney T.

The support staff are great to work with!

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

Simple and understandable user software. Easy to explain to my clients but should an error arise, support is always happy to help out as well.

Cons

No complaints just yet. Support is always available to jump in and assist if a small error arises but overall no complaints.

Teri W.

The Grade.Us platform is fabulous! One of THE BEST decisions we made in 2016.

Reviewed on 2017/06/16

We now feel in more control of the review system. We can be proactive vs reactive & request reviews instead of just reacting to those we receive.

Pros

Ease of use. Customizing each account to reflect that business. The peace of mind in knowing that you are managing you reviews in a proactive vs reactive manner.

Cons

Would like cleaner interface with Facebook - where we could just put a post that links to the system - Like a Facebook Grade.Us button.

Tom B.

Great Reseller Review System

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

They have a great system that allows you to re-brand it to your own. We worked their features into our own review system and it works very well. It's a generic system. However, it's not branded for any particular industry.

Pros

Integrates with most review providers and staff is very happy to add new ones as needed for your particular industry.

Cons

Not targeted at a particular industry.

7.0/10
John E.

Fantastic Support

Reviewed on 2018/01/29

We have generate fantastic reviews for our business, and for our clients. Great software.

Pros

The software is by far the most feature rich, flexible, and customizable we have researched. From an agency perspective, there is a very robust and comprehensive approach to satisfying us as an Agency with specific needs. The support team is very responsive and helpful throughout the process.

Cons

My only critique, which does not take away from the 5 star product or experience, is that the user interfaces, reporting dashboards, the "gradient" review buttons on invites ... all are extremely dated. I believe a lot of it is customizable, but we haven't gotten that far, and wish it was a lot more polished out of the gate so we didn't have to clean it up and modernize it.