Brandon d. M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great PO software

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

We are finally able to have a cloud based software that allows us to easily track and gain necessary approvals for all PO and accounting needs!

Pros

We love the ease of use with approvals and cataloging. It is a great software that keeps everyone on the same page.

Cons

Sometimes the approvals can be randomized which makes the workflow take longer.

Phil L.

This product fit our needs well both from capability and price point perspectives

Reviewed on 2015/12/16

Our organization was looking for a purchasing software package to replace an antiquated and cumbersome excel routine. After viewing a number of available packages at various price points we felt that ePMX would best meet our needs. Our set up included the institution of a part numbering system for repetitive needs and inventory management purposes. We also needed a custom bridge to output from the invoice system in ePMX to another acct'g system we use.
Working with ePMX to understand master file setup was easy. Setting up each module took some time but there were no real hitches. Loading data into ePMX went very smoothly. Overall the implementation was done within our time frame. I found ePMX trainers responsive and knowledgeable.
The custom bridge we needed worked properly with just a slight bit of tweaking up front.
I feel one negative was the length of time it took to develop a punchout for one of our large vendors. This was not just an ePMX issue but also involved that vendor's input. But I felt as though ePMX should have been driving this harder when things got bogged down.
Overall I would recommend ePMX to anyone looking for a package with the advertised features. Reporting is easy and quick. Finding information is easy and quick. We are able to manage our purchases and inventory much more effectively using ePMX.

Binjie X.

I can coordinate orders for my team much easier with Bellwether.

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Pros

If I ask one of my technicians to place an order, they can do so very quickly and I can approve the order right away.

Cons

As an approver I would like to get updates anytime someone on my team requests an order. I have to periodically check the site to see if any requests have been made.

Response from Bellwether Software

Binjie,
Thank you very much for the 5 star ratings!!!
Our support team sent you an email to confirm that email notifications are reaching you so you are aware of the current team request.

Mikayla H.

Bellwether saves me tons of time every single day.

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Pros

Bellwether is much easier to navigate than our old system. I used to spend hours on ordering every week and now I find myself only spending minutes out of every day.

Cons

I would like to see a custom notification feature added so I can control alerts about what items need to be approved.

Response from Bellwether Software

MiKayla
Thank you for your comments on how much time Bellwether saves you!
Our support team reached out to you to walk you through how you can be notified of pending approvals.

Kevin B.

The Bellwether software is the most complete inventory software I've ever used.

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Pros

I just started my job at Sharklet and Bellwether has made the transition into my role a lot smoother than I would have imagined. Learning Bellwether was very easy.

Cons

I want to be able to see what everyone at the company has put into the system from the time the requisition is made until it's been received.

Response from Bellwether Software

Kevin
Thank you for very much for the 5 star ratings.
Please contact you admin to gain permission to see all requisitions, PO's, and received items.

Wade K.

Overall - good

Reviewed on 2016/10/21

Great CS and response. Great on willingness to hear and work on improvements. Lots of opportunity for further improvement in functionality and use. Decent value for the money however some missing functions keep to close

Response from Bellwether Software

Bellwether appreciates your comments on BPM.
Thank you for your high reviews for Ease of Use and Customer Support!!!!
BPM is our light basic product that provides a lot of functionality for the low price we offer it for. We realize it may lack some features that is why we offer EPMX as our robust full featured heavy duty purchasing software. If you need more functionality please check out EPMX.

Timothy A.

ePMX works for us

Reviewed on 2009/07/21

it's low cost, it works, it doesn't break as software goes what more can one ask for?

Pros

Punch-out capability
reliable
runs on Linux and Windows (reliable)
web based- nothing to deploy on the desktops

Cons

a little sluggish sometimes

Sean M.

Reviewed on 2009/02/19

This product overwhelmingly should be rated "Best in the Industry" for what it provides for its costs.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. Robust data warehouse.

Cons

I have not come across any cons to the product as of yet.

Renee W.

ePMX REVIEW

Reviewed on 2015/12/15

this enabled us to standardize all the prison systems in LA & allows us to pull reports for any agency at any given time

Lance P.

Bellwether Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

Pros

Easy to navigate.
Can usually find items in under a minute

Cons

The interactive tour automatically pops up and doesn't go away when i click the "x" or "close" button.

Sue L.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great program and Great customer service

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Pros

The Bellwether program really helped us to get a handle on our purchase approval process and followup on outstanding orders. It tracks everything from purchase requests to invoices to budgets. The customer service has been stellar - we haven't had to make very many requests but when we do, we get a response very quickly.

Cons

A couple of minor things:
I would like to see the progress bar for the status of an order on the Purchase Order screen instead of the Requisition.
It would also be helpful to have the Add Item box a different color or somehow differentiate it from the Order Lines section. That has been a point of confusion for some of our users.

Anoosha D.

having good experince while using this product

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

Pros

it Eliminates our out of control manual purchasing process. No more paper! Gain accountability, tracking, and reporting.

Cons

On the downside, most of the challenges experienced with e-procurement emanate mostly from the supplier and not the company but can have an effect on the procurement process. Training cost may be high. Any time technology is involved there is some level of risk to compromised data. What of a supplier who has for all the years been handling clients on a face-to-face basis? E-procurement will definitely become a challenge but it should not be an excuse to ignore e-procurement software.

Juan G.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Bellwether Purchasing and Inventory Software

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

As a member of an organization with where my main use comes in the form of reviewing orders and looking up archived information, I can tell you I really appreciate the ease in which I can access the files I need.

Cons

No cons. The software meets all my needs

Response from Bellwether Software

Juan,
Awesome comments on Bellwether!
CEO

Chad M.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Bellwether Purchasing Software Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Pros

It saves the catalog which makes it easy when sending in equipment for calibration because the serial numbers are saved in the item description

Cons

There is nothing about this software that I do not like

Steve W.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

This was a good choice for our company

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Very good experience with Bellwether, and the support has been effective and timely. The cost of the system kept me in budget.

Pros

The software is intuitive, and training employees was very easy. The set up and implementation process was very straight forward, and the Bellwether team very supportive. The automatic approval process from email is helpful, and means you don't have to log in to approve requisitions.

Cons

The report writer is chunky, and finding the right fields can be a challenge

Response from Bellwether Software

Steve,
Thank for the great endorsement of BPM. We have our new reporting module coming out in the next two months that will make your life easier.
CEO

Toni B.

Bellwether Epmx software

Reviewed on 2010/01/21

I would recommend this to companies that want to get their spending under control.

Pros

works great for purchasing controls. Great Support staff that are willing to find a way to make a good fit. This is a great tool to help managers realize their budgets.

Cons

Time realization when you are going from no system to utilizing a system...education and ongoing addition time required to make it work.

Computer adverse staff will resist.

Response from Bellwether Software

Bellwether Corp appreciates the challenge for some to convert from their paper purchasing system to a fully integrated SaaS model. Bellwether continues to strive to develop intuitive, user-friendly solutions for those of varying software/computer comfort levels while providing the capabilities needed by its customers.

Preston Z.

Our ordering process is a lot smoother since we started using Bellwether.

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

It's much easier to use than our old software and saves me time every day.

Pros

I test a lot of different materials in our lab, so I'm constantly speaking with new vendors looking for the right product. Adding vendors in Bellwether who we've never worked with is really easy.

Response from Bellwether Software

Preston,
Thank you for the awesome review of Bellwether!

Hanna K.

Bellwether is making my life way easier!

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Pros

Our biology lab is always stocked now that we use Bellwether. My team can bring any requests to me and I'll have the order placed right away.

Cons

I would like to be able to request something as high priority so my boss knows to approve it right away.

Response from Bellwether Software

Hanna,
Thank you for high ratings for Bellwether!

Angela H.

Keeping our lab stocked with necessary supplies is much easier now that we use Bellwether.

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Pros

As an intern, I'm in charge of making sure any supplies we need for experiments are on the shelves and ready to go for the week. Anything I notice we need can be relayed to my supervisor and ordered within minutes.

Response from Bellwether Software

Angela,
Thank you for recommending Bellwether!

Sonia T.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

managing projects

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

Pros

i have only recently started using the program, I have found that it is easy to manipulate and find items needed.

Cons

the only trouble i have with the program was logging in,

Megan B.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Pros

Sending internal notes to our purchaser to let her know specifics without needing it to be on the actual Purchase Order itself helps when setting up welder's to test at a lab and also for having Subcontractors com to perform work. Extra emails are not necessary because of this feature.

Cons

N/A -- This program is far beyond what we were using before (excel spreadsheets) for purchasing.

Dana Z.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easy to Use Product

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

This software has given us a streamlined approval process. It has also allowed us to monitor how much of a particular item we are purchasing and track cost increases.

Pros

The requisition and purchasing pieces of this software is very easy for the end user. The administrative side is also easy to navigate. I like that the menu items could be tailor for each user group and only see what is necessary.

Cons

I wish that the window size with in the program could be larger. At times the items descriptions could be difficult see.

Ryan M.

Bellwether was easy to set up and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Pros

Customer service for Bellwether has been amazing. They were available to help any time we had questions while implementing the software.

Cons

Sometimes I'll place a requisition for something that has already been requested, but since I can't see other people's orders I can't see that I'm duplicating a request that's already been made.

Response from Bellwether Software

Ryan,
Thank you for the perfect rating for Bellwether!
Please contact your admin for permission to see requisitions submitted by other users.

Ashley K.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Simple, easy to use software

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Pros

Very easy and simple to use. Status updates after submitting requisitions.

Cons

There was nothing I did not like about this software.

Brian R.

Awesome Program

Reviewed on 2016/10/21

This software has been a solid addition to our company. It has taken the place of two to three other programs I was using for various reasons. The customer support has been top notch. The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars on features & functionality is because of the inventory nod that is still in development. Once they have added more features to it I would change my 4 to 5 stars with ease.

Response from Bellwether Software

Bellwether appreciates your comments on BPM.
Thank you for your high reviews for Overall Quality, Ease of Use, Customer Support, Feature Functionality, and Value for Money!!!!
BPM is our light basic product that provides a lot of functionality for the low price we offer it for. Thanks your for the recommendation!