Time Tracker Reviews

Time Tracker

4.4 (3,016)
Write a Review!
Track time for payroll, billing and productivity.

(3,016)
4.2/5

Sujit Kumar
Sujit Kumar

Nice tool for creating a good working culture

Reviewed on 2022/09/20

It has been very easy to use since now. I do like the softwares which improve the productivity of the team and our brand. Keep adding new features.

Pros

I have been working with the team for the ongoing projects. Keeping track of each every activity was going tougher. The day since I started using time tracker, Tracking was very easy and workflow become smooth.
Highly recommended.

Cons

I don't count any cons but I do have some suggestions to grow the users.
They should charge lesser and they needs to work more on billing and invoicing.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

Not productive at all.

Google Forms
Mfundo
  • Industry: Design

Best to keep track on everything

Reviewed on 2023/06/09

my experience with time tracker has been nothing but the change in my life and how i get to track my time to do some errands of the day, time track to focus on clients things and it help with my our personal things when it comes to my work outs and time with family as well

Pros

Well i all honesty i have used time tracker way back before i started working, as a professional Fashion Model and Fashion Designer. for me i always say time is money and if you waste it it becomes a problem for me and my business hence i keep my time on track and everyday and that makes things very easy for me.

Cons

i would not say i least liked it at all. it has shows much improvement with my time management

The bare minimum in time tracking. Irritating UX, dated pile of Windows 98, not beyond saving.

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

I was able to track my time and tell my boss what I did. (That's about it, it made little to no difference in my ability to communicate value in my organization).

Pros

It does what my management team needs it to do. I suppose the integration between their billing set up is satisfactory. They probably feel like changing this system would be such an overhaul that they're willing to stick with this system. That said I guess eBillity accomplishes what the business owner wants.

Cons

This tool does not have enough demonstrated empathy for the actual end user. It certainly accomplishes enough for the controller / billing / CEO. However this tool actually makes it harder to communicate my value to the boss, and I'm not complaining about having to use timers. I've worked in a freelance/client service environment long enough to know that every minute of efficiency matters. What I'm talking about is eBillity's specific UI and interaction design. Furthermore, for mid-tier managers, I've heard that they're also irritated by the system's lack of accommodation. I've heard my managers say that it's very difficult to scale in an org with many clients and even more service offerings. They've said that being able to even parse logs out (who worked on what, for how long, and how) is a headache. Managers would like to manage how employees log their time and this tool does not help them do that. It's an input output box. There are few controls or features that make the life of a manager any easier. Thankfully we deliver enough value to our clients that they don't make us jump through hoops to demonstrate a granular level of time reporting. I would suggest eBillity take a serious look at competitors from a UX and design standpoint. This vertical, as you may now, is maturing and design is ever more important to a successful product.

Goerge
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Time Tracker: The Best Time Tracking Solution

Reviewed on 2024/03/20

Pros

Time Tracker is a reliable time tracking tool that has easy to implement features.
Time Tracker is highly reliable.

Cons

I have no problem with the features of Time Tracker.
Time Tracker is highly reliable.

Youngsook

My Time Tracker Review

Reviewed on 2023/04/08

Its user-friendly interface, reporting capabilities, and seamless integration make it a valuable tool for businesses and individuals alike.

Pros

Time Tracker has such an user-friendly interface. Im personally using it for its time track features mostly. But also its robust reporting tools enable users to view their time usage, set project budgets, and export data in various formats. The mobile app also so smooth.

Cons

Some of our coworkers has found it complex to navigate, particularly when setting up integrations. Additionally, the app's limited integration options may make it less effective for businesses that rely on multiple tools for time management.

Christian
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

The best alternative to track the time!

Reviewed on 2023/12/08

AMAZING! No complaints so far. 100% recommeded.

AMAZING! No complaints so far. 100% recommeded.

Pros

I love it because it's user-friendly; literally anyone can use it.

Cons

The only thing that I would say is that I haven't found an option to download the data.

Has helped us manage tracking our employees

Reviewed on 2022/06/14

Very happy with my service

Very happy with my service

Pros

Has helped us manage tracking our employees time very seamlessly this past few months. It is a good tool that can auto track and manually input time so it's easiest for contractors and employees to have an accurate time table

Cons

Could be a little more intuitive and do calculations a bit more seamlessly with less data

Response from eBillity

Hello, thank you so much for sharing how eBillity helped you manage your employee's time. Please feel free to reach out to https://support.ebillity.com/hc/en-us/requests/new with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share.

Brett
Brett

TimeTracker by eBility review

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

Overall, we have been very happy with TimeTracker in our business, and would recommend to other companies seeking a time tracking solution.

Pros

We use Timetracker in our business to record employee work time. I like that we can create different jobs and allocations within the software to specify where employees record time and to what project or job. I also like the rich reporting features and the ability to access employee "time cards" from anywhere that has an internet connection.

Cons

The one thing I like the LEAST about this software is the web interface's tendency to become mixed up and VERY difficult to use after resizing on the screen. There are sizing "handles" top bottom and left right of the actual time entry form. This form can be dynamically stretched and adjusted to fit the screen of the monitor an end user is using. Unfortunately, on smaller monitors, the form itself gets mixed up and entry blanks shift all over the screen when adjusting form size. Fortunately, this issue can be fixed by a simple "reset" of the form back to standard. It's more of an inconvenience than issue.

Response from eBillity

Greetings. Thank you for the glowing review you left for using Time Tracker by Ebillity. We are always striving to make our product better and we are available to assist you in the future. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns you'd like to leave us, please feel free to give us a call at 800-851-0992. Thank you for your time and business.

Megan
  • Industry: Design

Effective way to track time on projects

Reviewed on 2024/06/03

Overall I am happy with this product. I just don't use it much.

Overall I am happy with this product. I just don't use it much.

Pros

Simple and easy to use to track my time on design projects.

Cons

Should be a more easy to use mobile version.

KRYSTIAN
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Best one yet

Reviewed on 2024/04/18

Pros

easy to use interface, accessible on mobile

Cons

mobile interface could be a little bit more simple

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Time Tracker for Quickbooks LEDES invoicing

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

I haven't had a horrible experience, because the customer service is good. And, typically we can work through the issues. They are able to go right in and see the problem. Developers have fixed things I have caught and got them working. And, it does sync well and work well once you get used to the issues.

Pros

I liked most that it combined capturing receipt images for creating expenses, and time entries, and created invoices that sync with QuickBooks and allows for LEDES export. It allowed us to do away with separate expense and time entry apps, and provide LEDES for clients that required that. While allowing us to keep using QuickBooks desktop as our primary bookkeeping software.

Cons

This software has been developed with a lot of bugs or inconsistencies. Many things have not been tested, and are not working properly or in the same manner across the app. It is learned by trial and error. Some of the ways things flow makes little sense.

Oluwadamilola

A PErsonal Look at Time Tracker - An All in One Time Management Tool

Reviewed on 2023/01/28

Overall, I've been very happy with my experience with Time Tracker. It's been a great tool for helping me stay on track and stay organized.

Pros

With Time Tracker, I am able to effectively plan and manage my time, allowing me to stay organized and on top of tasks. I love being able to track how much time I spend on projects and the ability to set goals and reminders.

Cons

Unfortunately, Time Tracker's interface can be a bit confusing and overwhelming. It also lacks some key features that other time tracking apps have, such as team collaboration capabilities.

Wala
  • Industry: Research

Excellent Time management Tool

Reviewed on 2022/09/23

Pros

Time Tracker is indeed one of the smartest tools for timekeeping and saving. It is such a fast and easy to use App. It did help researchers and employees in various sites keep track of the time they are taking to complete research-related tasks, specifically when engaged with one-on-one research participants. It thus helped us define and allocate research targets more appropriately.

Cons

Very seldomly the software will time out and you will have to recalculate time spent on different tasks. It also could be a bit difficult to use on phone screens, and thus researchers out in the field had to create a paper version of their work time, and re-enter it in the app once they are back at the office

Fritz

I never needed any customer support and I don't know how much the software costs.

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Paid.

Paid.

Pros

It's the only computer software I have never needed help with. It keeps it simple.

Cons

That I have to fill out my timesheet on a computer -- period. I'm just pure old-school. I have no complaints, and want no gift or future surveys.

Reha
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Simple and straightforward time tracking software.

Reviewed on 2022/12/30

To log in, plan projects, manage tasks, create weekly and monthly calendars, track time and spending, and more, use TimeTracker. The nicest thing about time tracking is that it makes developers stay on target by imposing stringent time constraints. The client can check the developer's track record. It is easy for the customer and the coder to see through it. The greatest timekeeping programme is what will change our company. We will literally spend less time on administration and more time producing money thanks to online time tracking and billing. It is a professional way for our company to measure time and cut costs at a reasonable price.

Pros

I like how simple it is to categorise your time with this software—it only takes a few clicks.I also appreciate that you can submit your time without doing it all for specific days of the week. Additionally, the layout of the website is generally user-friendly. It isn't very weird or intriguing, but it is doable. Utilization is simple and uncomplicated. It carries out its intended function. You can make billable service items and track how much time you spent on each one. I manage my schedule, work, and projects with Time Tracker. The information gathered can be used to compute payroll and expenses. Additionally, any issues you have can be resolved by TimeTracker's customer care.

Cons

It functions properly, however occasionally there are glitches that require you to re-enter data. I can't comment from firsthand experience, but I've heard that the software's administrative interface can be confusing.

Mohammad

Good Time Tracking Tool

Reviewed on 2023/02/15

Pros

Pros:Time tracking: Time Tracker allows users to track time spent on projects, tasks, and clients, which can be useful for billing clients accurately and for analyzing productivity.Easy invoicing: Time Tracker provides invoicing features that allow users to create and send invoices to clients, making it easier to get paid for work completed.Customizable reports: Time Tracker provides customizable reports that allow users to analyze their time data and invoicing data, providing insights into productivity, profitability, and other metrics.Mobile app: Time Tracker has a mobile app that allows users to track time and expenses on the go, making it convenient for remote or mobile workers.Integrations: Time Tracker integrates with other tools such as QuickBooks, Xero, and Dropbox, making it easier to manage invoicing and accounting.

Cons

Cons:Learning curve: Time Tracker can have a bit of a learning curve, especially for users who are not familiar with time tracking and invoicing software.Limited invoicing features: While Time Tracker provides basic invoicing features, it may not have as many customization options or advanced invoicing features as other invoicing tools.Limited project management features: Time Tracker is primarily focused on time tracking and invoicing and may not have as many project management features as other project management tools.Limited customer support: Some users have reported that customer support can be slow or unresponsive.Price: While Time Tracker offers a free trial, it can be expensive for small businesses or individuals, especially if they require additional features such as invoicing and project management.

Wilson
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

"Streamline Your Time Management with X - A Comprehensive Review of the Best Time Tracking...

Reviewed on 2023/01/19

Using time tracker software can be a useful experience for individuals and teams looking to improve their productivity and manage their time more effectively. Some benefits of using time tracker software include the ability to accurately track time spent on specific tasks, projects, or clients, set reminders to stay on schedule, and generate detailed reports on time usage. This can help users to identify areas where they may be wasting time, or where they may need to allocate more time to meet project goals. Additionally, time tracking software can also be used to bill clients accurately and manage team member’s time and productivity. However, some users may find it to be an intrusive experience and might not like the idea of being constantly monitored.

Pros

Increased productivity: By tracking the time spent on different tasks, employees can better understand how they are using their time and make adjustments to increase efficiency.Improved project management: Time tracking software can be used to track the progress of projects and help managers identify any potential delays or issues.Accurate billing: Time tracking software can be used to accurately bill clients for the time spent on a project, which can help improve the financial management of the company.Better time management: Time tracking software can help employees better manage their time by providing a clear picture of how they are using their time and where they may need to make adjustments.

Cons

rivacy concerns: Some employees may be uncomfortable with the idea of having their work monitored.Distraction: The act of constantly monitoring time spent on tasks can be distracting and disrupt workflow.Inaccuracy: Time tracking software may not accurately capture all of the time spent on a task, particularly if an employee is multitasking.Resistance to change: Employees may resist using the software if they are not used to having their work monitored or if they feel that it is unnecessary.

Best and easy to use application for time and expense tracking

Reviewed on 2023/05/08

Time tracking applications provide numerous benefits. It help individuals and businesses effectively manage their time, improve productivity, optimize resource allocation, track project progress, and generate accurate reports for billing and analysis. Time tracking application enable better time management, enhanced efficiency, and informed decision-making, resulting in improved productivity and overall success.

Pros

Really great and easy to use, flexible as bave Mobile access. Helped us in below mentioned thingsEfficient time tracking and management.Streamlined project planning and resource allocation.Accurate reporting and analytics for productivity evaluation.Integration with other tools for seamless workflow management

Cons

Enhancing the user interface for a more intuitive and visually appealing experience.Adding more advanced customization options to tailor the tracking process to individual preferences.Improving performance and responsiveness to ensure smooth usage, especially with large amounts of data.Expanding integration options with a wider range of project management and accounting tools for increased versatility.

Wangari
Wangari

Time keeping and Resource Management made easier with Time Tracker

Reviewed on 2023/06/05

Pros

Every business needs to keept tab of all your business operations from knowing employees productivity, the clients, projects making or costing the business more money. With Time Tracker we are able to track time irregadless our location and even if you are offline. The mobile app is handy to work from anywhere. The premium version is reasonably priced for all to afford. Its very easy to use with no to minimal training required. Keeping records with Time Tracker is accurate and helps our company know where and when to cut costs, knowing which employees requires help and training, which projects requires more time to complete among others.

Cons

Time is money and when utilised well, you get reward for increased productivity and generally meeting your company’s goals. Time Tracker is what every business needs to suceed

Blake
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Could be more user friendly.

Reviewed on 2023/10/31

Time tracker has been great for most of my employees to track their hours accurately, as well as give me a way to double check those hours using the mapping feature.

Pros

Time Tracker was great for being a simple to use, easy to learn app for employees to track their hours.

Cons

Some of my employees experienced difficulties with the user-interface depending on what type of phone they used (iPhone vs. Android). Android users had difficulties seeing all of the buttons that would need to be clicked to produce an accurate timesheet.

QuickBooks Time

Basic usage with no issues for many years

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

The tracker does simply work and I've never had problems with fearfully entering in hours because it was always possible to reach out to our payments person and have them revert our latest submissions in order to fix them.

Pros

The interface is rather straight forward and because we have many different buckets of things that we can bill to, we are able to make our weekly breakdowns as complicated or as simple to read and bill the clients for as we want. This makes it so that people record time the way that best suits them and their level of detail.

Cons

It's minor, but the comment boxes where I put in all of my time descriptions are rather small and are word limited. This is annoying because it forces me to be needlessly terse or enter in many more rows than I would like to in order to fit everything I did in a week in. Also not necessarily a minus but I found very little need to use the timer that they provide as there are so many times that I would start and stop a task's timer because I was distracted or something more important came up that it was a hassle to maintain.

Simple and intuitive interface; easily track time on computer or phone.

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

Pros

Its simple and intuitive interface are my favorite aspect. I find that the actual actions of setting a running timer or filling in the times after the fact are both easy to do because the interface is designed in a way that one would predict it should be. The ability to carry over hours on the same task into the next day is very helpful as well due to the fact that as an attorney, often my tasks go way past midnight. This leads to greater clarity for the customer as to what she is being charged for which task that was done when.

Cons

What I like least about Ebillity is the fact that it is very difficult to reconfigure the size of the columns in the Timesheets view. there is often not enough room for me to see the entire task description at one glance. Further, there is no way to set up standard task descriptions that could be more speedily added from a dropdown menue. Furthermore, if non-administrators could have access to viewing current billing and invoices without actually being able to change any data that would be a tremendous plus. In small firms, the billing administrator is not always around when clients have questions regarding their bills.

VAN
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Small Architecture Firm Time Keeping

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

We started using this in 2011 as a way to streamline employee time entry and integrate with our QuickBooks for billing. It's been a great asset and time-saver from that perspective.

Pros

This software allows us to easily track time both in the office, and via the mobile app, in the field, allowing for a more refined/granular tracking of employee tasks. It's flexible and allows not just for entry of time, but also the setting of timers to track time while working. The tech support is excellent, waits are usually short, and resolutions are most often reached in the first call.

Cons

For us, at least, there's a relatively frequent need to re-link TimeTracker to our QUickBooks software. It's not difficult, but with the support of TT support we did figure it out and it's now part of the routine , but was frustrating in the extreme until that. We also ended up with a couple of "ghost" projects in TT only that were confusing to staff, but again TT support, once we identified the problem, was prompt in assisting.

Warren

It's passable but it could be better

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

It's a pretty straight forward app that ties into QB. The price is moderate given the functionality and bugs. The concept is good but the delivery needs polishing.

Pros

A web front end to track time for billable projects makes life so much easier for employees. The concept is pretty straight forward.

Cons

Using the service was ok as a user but administering it was...tricky. Getting new job codes to synchronize and become active was always a dance of clicks and back end re-syncs. It never really worked right with just a single sync making them become active. Support would always just make me re-sync the entire db and even then it still did not work. I only hope I did not lose any billable time... I always dreaded having to add new codes and that's not the way it should be.

Response from eBillity

Hello Warren.

Thank you very much for your business and time in using Time Tracker by eBillity. We greatly appreciate the support and feedback.

If you have any comments, questions, or concerns about Time Tracker, please give us a call at 800-851-0992 to reach our customer support agents. We would be happy to assist you.

Furthermore, we are adding new features in 2019, with Facial Recognition, more detailed GPS tracking, Time Cards, and a Punch In/ Punch Out kiosk. We have also worked to improve our basic features as well. I see you encountered some technical difficulties from our end before and greatly appreciate your patience with us.

Thank you again for your business and your time.

Best for time management and time tracking

Reviewed on 2023/03/29

Overall it is good to have a tool with an eye-appealing and easy-to-use user interface.

Pros

I like the time tracking and its integration with Jira and basecamp is top-tier because it allows me to keep track of which how much time I had spent on which task and which assignment so it's a good to have tool.

Cons

I do not dislike anything about the Time Tracker.