2 400 reviews

Time Tracker

Track time for payroll, billing and productivity.

2 400 reviews
Fritz W.

I never needed any customer support and I don't know how much the software costs.

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Paid.

Pros

It's the only computer software I have never needed help with. It keeps it simple.

Cons

That I have to fill out my timesheet on a computer -- period. I'm just pure old-school. I have no complaints, and want no gift or future surveys.

Arthur K.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Good Product and concept WHEN it works but POOR Customer service when it doesnt!

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

If I cant create invoices then it is useless to me. Fix your software and get appropriate support.

Pros

The software is good for time tracking and then it syncs with Xero so that I do not have to do any double entries. I am a single freelance user and it saves me time WHEN it works. When there are issues, and there will be, trying to fix them is time consuming. Customer service is practically non existent.

Cons

Poor customer support - When there are issues, and there will be, trying to fix them is time-consuming. I am currently on hold to the telephone support and have been for 23 minutes now. I have been called one (yes 1) in the queue for all that time. Seems they have no one on the support desk to actually take the phone call. Also waiting for the online support person to answer my question for the last 20 minutes as well.
Trying to create an invoice for a client. Have over $1,500 in work to bill out but the create invoice function seems to only be picking up the last two entries and wants to create an invoice for only $39. Can't figure out why. All the entries are approved and fall within the selected date range. Last time I tried to an create invoice I had the same issue and support couldn't figure out why and just created the invoice for me but never fixed the issue. Guess what, the very next invoice I tried to create I have the same issue. Now its been 30 minutes and still on hold. Also, the online chat function disconnected "because it was idle for too long" while I waited patiently for a representative to respond. The representatives are probably overworked and handling too many issues at once I suspect.

Response from eBillity

Hello Arthur.

Thank you for leaving your feedback here on Capterra. I apologize for the lack of proper customer support. We are better than that and there is no excuse. We are available Monday through Friday, beginning at 10am. Feel free to contact me directly at 800-851-0992 Ext 108 .

Terri S.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

We have been with Ebillity since 2011 when Quick Books stop having Time Tracker. Many changes.

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

When we had no where to turn when Quick Books left us high and dry with no place to put our time and coordinate with billing Ebillity was there to help us.
Ebillity worked with us to get its software to what we needed for our employees. They have come a long way in 7 years that we have been with them.

Pros

Now, in 2018 from 2011 when we started using Ebillity there have been many changes for the good. It is much easier to use and faster. You are able to approve 1 day or 1 week at a time for your employees. Able to check off if the time is billable or non-billable. You have the choice of auto-save or not. Time is color coordinated Pending-Submitted-Approved, so you know the status at any given time. You can print out the time sheets by the week at any time. Print out reports by job or employee. Support team in the states have been very helpful, the outsourcing to another country was horrible----but have not had to use either for years now.

Cons

The printed out time sheet needs to be easier to read. There needs to be a space between each job so that it is not all run together.

Stephen C.

Hours tracking made simple.

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Fast and easy to setup and be productive. Simpler than using some of the other products on the market. Reasonable value for the money.

Pros

The application works through a web browser or my iPhone making it easy to track my hours as I go along. The report engine is simple but does what I need including making reports I can easily send to my clients in a professional looking format.

It is simple to set up new customers and new items so that I can track as much or as little detail as needed.

Cons

Going back to change approved entries can't be done from the main week view session where the hours were first entered. Edits mean going to a separate view of a single line. I can see the rationale for this - the line was approved and therefore the status has to be pushed backwards, but an easier way would be nicer.

A few user defined fields on some of the sessions would be helpful, especially if there became report criteria. I don't use QuickBooks for my invoicing, so having a manual check box marked INVOICED would be helpful (as an example).

Nathan L.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Simple & Straighforward

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Overall, I have had a great experience with Time Tracker. It's simple, and easy to learn. Adding new project names and numbers is fast. Exporting useful and detailed reports is great. I have had a good experience overall with the software.

Pros

I like the simplicity of it. Everything is organized neatly in rows. It is a very straightforward layout and it's easy to learn. I am able to quickly train new hires in the use of the system and there are rarely any follow-up questions on how to use the software. That makes my life easier as a manager. I also love the report generation feature. We do a lot of field reports, and those are sent to the client separately from the billing process. I love being able to export a comprehensive report of what has been billed and comparing it against the reports that have been distributed. That makes staying organized a lot easier for me.

Cons

I took an overseas trip and only had access to the software through the app on my phone. I found it very tedious to make entries through the app. I have employees who work in the field and who could theoretically save themselves office time if they entered their billable time directly from the jobsite. However, they have struggled through the process of using the app while on the go also, and have resorted to recording their time in their field books and then doing a bulk download from a desktop setup. That process is working, but it is not idea.

Response from eBillity

Hello Nathan.

Thank you for using Time Tracker by eBillity! We greatly appreciate your time and business in using our product. The feedback you have provided is greatly appreciated as we continuing to improve our product.

If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please give us a call at 800-851-0992 at your earliest convenience.

Thanks again!

Caroline S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Very to use time tracking and billing software

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

Pros

The best thing I like about this software is that I can easily generate an invoice with my logo so it looks personal and professional. The user interface is intuitive and it's not difficult to find what you need in order to accomplish your task. I also like that there's an app so I can track my time when I am not in the office. This software is great and I highly recommend!

Cons

I have only two criticisms and they are minor. One, there is a slight delay between pushing the start time button and the population of the drop down menu of my clients. Second, when a dialog box opens so that you can describe your activity, you have to scroll to the bottom in order to get to the bottom of this dialog box. Then, if you want to save your time, you have to either scroll to the very bottom or hit an arrow so that it minimizes. It seems to me that this dialog box could be constructed so that it appears on the screen without having to manually scroll to the bottom.

Plays Great with Quickbooks

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

We have used eBillity for over six years and it has helped us bill our time every month. We enter thousands of hours each month. We have looked for alternatives in the past, but we always come back because it works so well. Whether you connect with QB or another accounting software, or just use it to track time and generate invoices, eBillity is a great choice for any company of any size.

Pros

I like most the eBillity syncs with Quickbooks. eBillity allows our team to enter time as they are working. It also stores the entries and allows users or the admins to go back and adjust them if necessary. Pricing is a huge plus, too.

Cons

It's not very pretty and the setup process can be confusing if you're connecting it to QB.

Response from eBillity

Greetings! This is Support Agent Roberto from Ebillity. Thank you for the positive feedback and for your business. Please feel free to give us a call Monday Through Friday if you ever have any questions. (800) 851-0992

Thank you for your time!

Maru K.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Decent Time Tracking app for small businesses

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Overall, it is a very simple time tracking tool with no other real function. It is great for small businesses to keep track of hours, but not the tool to use if you are more corporate or a larger company.

Pros

It's a simple time tracking app that is web-based so I can enter my time wherever I am located as long as I have internet access.

Cons

Trying to enter your time entires using the mobile browser is excruciating. The page jumps around too much especially when you need to change the "Project". The pull down keeps automatically tries to fill in the project and the page jumps too much. If you are using Time Tracker, make sure to just use the computer web browser.

Response from eBillity

Hello Maru.

Thank you for your buisness and your time using Time Tracker by eBillity. We appreciate the support and feedback you have provided.

It appears you have been experiencing grievances with the mobile application. I would like to assist you in researching and resolving any problems you are encountering with the mobile application. We have a mobile developer in our support office Monday Through Friday. Please give us a call at 800-851-0992 at your earliest convenience and we will investigate what is causing the mobile appl on your phone to be inefficient.

Thank you for your business and your time.

Shelley C.

I use this to put my time in for my job. It is clear and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Pros

I like that everything easy to use and easy to find. All of the jobs show up in a timely manner and it is clear how many hours I have submitted for the day.

Cons

I don't like having to submit my time before I can get more slots to show up. Some days I do a lot of different jobs and after I submit my time, the time get's spread out so I can't see what I've already submitted very easily.

Response from eBillity

Hello Shelley,
We greatly appreciate your review and feedback as this does help us on improving our product. However, when entering time from the weekly time sheets if you need more slots you can drag the arrow at the bottom of the sheet to get more rows without submitting your time. Please feel free to contact our support line to 1-800-851-0992 if this continues to be an issue and we will be more then glad to assist you with this concern. Thank you for your business and we look forward to speaking with you.

Devan G.
  • Industry: Design

Easy to use for our small team!

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

This has saved our office tons of time with entering billable hours! It also helps reduce errors and makes employee tracking a simple weekly function for us! We have been able to bill more frequently, thus improving our cash flow.

Pros

I like that it integrates with Quickbooks, and will sync not only the time entered into our billing system, but that the time tracker sees our customers and service types as we add or edit them.

Cons

I wish that we could use this product for entering reimbursable expenses with markup. We have looked into many options for this and they just don't work quite right with markup.

Response from eBillity

We greatly appreciate your review and feedback as this does help us on improving our product. Please feel free to contact us to 1-800-851-0992 if you have any questions or concerns and we will be more then glad to assist you. Thank you and we appreciate your business.

Bj N.

Simple tool for tracking and billing hours work

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

We use this to track our time down to the minute. Although there are other alternatives, none are as simple to use as this one!

Pros

It's quick and easy to jump in and track some time against a work item that you're billing to the client.

Cons

I wish there were more categories for the "work items". Also, I don't like that the client name is prepended to each work item. If your client or project name is long, it'll push the content out of view in the dropdown (select element), forcing you to expand it so you can confirm you've clicked on the correct work item.

Response from eBillity

Hello BJ . Thank you for leaving a positive review of Time Tracker by Ebillity. I am a customer support agent with Time Tracker. We are always striving to make our product the best that it can be. We have new features, like Geolocation, available now, with new features coming soon. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please give us a call at 800-851-0992. Thank you for your business and your time.

Great value and ease of use

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Efficient and convenient entry of time for services rendered.

Pros

Ease of entry in all platforms: PC/iPad/Android Phone.
Integration with QuickBooks is very good, and now allows the creation of clients and service items within TimeTracker.

Cons

As a lawyer who provides services to clients on various matters based on time, the use of "Customers" and "Service Items" is not intuitive. Issue is more related to QuickBooks than TimeTracker, as TimeTracker needs to conform to the accounting program that has online limitations for service providers. So long as I use QuickBooks, this will likely remain an issue, but TimeTracker still integrates very well and I am unaware of anything better for me with this value.

Nancy D.

Incorporates well with Quickbooks; easy for all employees to use

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Pros

I like that all of my employees can use it without difficulty, I like that I am the only one that can go in and make changes that will affect my quickbooks, I like that it is accessible remotely as I have employees all over the country. The main reason for using this in the first place was that is synced with Quickbooks. It makes invoicing fast and effective.

Cons

My biggest complaint is the fee schedule. I fit in the middle. I am a small business...I would like to be able to add an employee at a time; or have the option to jump to the next fee schedule. Instead, I just have a couple employee NOT using the software for cost effectiveness.

The bare minimum in time tracking. Irritating UX, dated pile of Windows 98, not beyond saving.

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

I was able to track my time and tell my boss what I did. (That's about it, it made little to no difference in my ability to communicate value in my organization).

Pros

It does what my management team needs it to do. I suppose the integration between their billing set up is satisfactory. They probably feel like changing this system would be such an overhaul that they're willing to stick with this system. That said I guess eBillity accomplishes what the business owner wants.

Cons

This tool does not have enough demonstrated empathy for the actual end user. It certainly accomplishes enough for the controller / billing / CEO. However this tool actually makes it harder to communicate my value to the boss, and I'm not complaining about having to use timers. I've worked in a freelance/client service environment long enough to know that every minute of efficiency matters. What I'm talking about is eBillity's specific UI and interaction design. Furthermore, for mid-tier managers, I've heard that they're also irritated by the system's lack of accommodation. I've heard my managers say that it's very difficult to scale in an org with many clients and even more service offerings. They've said that being able to even parse logs out (who worked on what, for how long, and how) is a headache. Managers would like to manage how employees log their time and this tool does not help them do that. It's an input output box. There are few controls or features that make the life of a manager any easier. Thankfully we deliver enough value to our clients that they don't make us jump through hoops to demonstrate a granular level of time reporting. I would suggest eBillity take a serious look at competitors from a UX and design standpoint. This vertical, as you may now, is maturing and design is ever more important to a successful product.

Overall Ebillity has been a good choice for our office. We have used it for many years now.

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

We are a small office of 3 and by using Ebillity, we save time both in keeping track of our hours for each client, are able to include what work we've done for the client and then by automating the billing each month.

Pros

I like the way it works with Outlook. I can add billable time to my Calendar and sync this with Ebillity. It's easy for my staff to log in their time directly into Ebillity and finally it's easy to sync all hours with QuickBooks

Cons

There are times when hours logged into Ebillity during a day, vanish from the system and we have to go in and recreate our time from the day before. There are also times when we enter time in during the day that don't seem to save.

Alex R.

Efficient and Optimizing

Reviewed on 2021/01/29

Overall, time tracker does wonders for managing time.

Pros

The ability to break time into different segments. We manage multiple clients/associations, so keeping track of the time we spend on each client is highly important. Time tracker allows us to easily manage how much time is spent on certain projects for certain clients.

Cons

Editing and viewing previous/submitted time is rather cumbersome. There have been times where hours for multiple days have been accidentally submitted to a single day, and having to sort those out and individually open the timers for each time frame was highly time-consuming.

Eric H.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Works well as an employee.

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

Easy to enter and track time using the software. Very intuitive. The comments section is great as it allows more detail to be added if need be.

Cons

Seems to have some issues on certain browers, but not consistent, so may just be an update issue on the computer in use.

Response from eBillity

Hi Eric!

Thanks for the great review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy that Time Tracker has been a good fit for your company!

We always recommend that you use Chrome as your browser for the fastest time tracking experience. Please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about.

-Alex from eBillity

Jennifer F.

Works great for what our company needs;.

Reviewed on 2018/07/23

This software is a huge time savings and allows me to spend more time doing my job and less time spent on internal inputting of time sheets.

Pros

The ability to review others time sheets. I used to have to manually input all employees time sheets and with this program they are able to submit on their own and I then simply download and review.

Cons

There is one glitch that happens periodically, I'm not certain why there seems to be no correlation to the occurrences. But every so often time sheets don't show up as submitted to download them. However, I found that when logged in as the administrator I can view each individual and manually submit.

Kathy S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Love how well it works with QuickBooks!

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Billing flows so much smoother now, and is fully integrated with QuickBooks, so no guessing involved.

Pros

Love how well it works with QuickBooks! Easy to add new employees, new customers, sync whenever and keep on keeping on without having to have all users close program while we do so.

Cons

Cannot save regularly used timers. I use the same 5-10 timers every day, and it would be fantastic to be able to set them up as quick links. Even being able to preset something like the service item across the board would help, because the majority of our time is under one service item.

Larry S.

Easy to work with, several technical issues that have been worked through however.

Reviewed on 2018/07/14

Tracking time for multiple employees, especially those that may not be in the office regularly.

Pros

It does allow for ease in tracking time and multiple "customers" for a company like ours. It helps reduce the paperwork burden on the employee as well with the PC / MAC / Smartphone versions

Cons

There have been several sync and technical issues that have been quite frustrating in the use of the software over the past 6 -8 months. They have generally been resolved relatively quickly by technical support - it's just the need to contact tech support so often for issues.

• Industry: Biotechnology

TimeTracker

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

It's very simple to keep track of my time spent on various projects. I work for a consulting company, and it's important to bill the client for the correct time spent on their project.

Pros

It's very easy to use and gives a nice summary of the projects I've worked on.

Cons

I don't like that you can't customize the fields shown in the user interface.

Response from eBillity

Greetings!
Thank you very much for your business and your time with Time Tracker by Ebillity. We greatly appreciate the feedback, and the review you have taken the time to write here on Capterra.

If you ever have any comments, questions, or concerns, please call us at 800-851-0992. Thank you again!

Lucia D.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Customer Support is Phenomenal

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

Time tracking and billing software is necessary in a law firm.

Pros

There are many options to choose from and the customer support is so helpful whenever I need them. Its very important to me to be able top get a human on the phone for help and not have to wait a long time.

Cons

takes some time to figure out how to use all functions. sometimes when I am trying to do something new the program isnt always user friendly. would be great if it was easier to delete items once they are entered without having to do various steps to get there. maybe a universal search would make it easier.

Response from eBillity

Hello Lucia.

Thank you for leaving your review of Time Tracker here on Capterra. We greatly appreciate the time taken to provide feedback on Time Tracker. We are always striving to make the best product for our customers. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please give us a call at 800-851-0992. Thank you for your business and your time.

Daniel B.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Easy time entry and integration with enterprise accounting

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

Web interface is fast, allows you 3 different time entry methods (directly as hours, direct entry of start/stop times, and running accumulator for time entry). Text fields are flexible enough to accommodate extensive notes.

Pros

Fully integrated with accounting software, makes administration and use easier.

Cons

The login does not work well with LastPass which identifies the button "sign in with intuit" as the login button rather than the "login" button.

Shane R.
  • Industry: Design

Does the job, easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Easy time tracking, Easy reports on hours billed to work teams, or hours billed by an employee.

Pros

Easy time tracking, you can access it from pretty much any device. I regularly use the report tools to review time billed to my work team's jobs without bugging out accounting department. This is a very useful tool.

Cons

There were some formatting issues in the past, but customer support was very helpful and fixed them for me! Customer support was in constant contact with me during resolution of the issues I experienced.

German M.

Recording my work hours is very fast and easy. The user interface is very user friendly.

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

Fast and easy recording of my hours worked.

Pros

What I like most is the Auto Save mode and the copy last timesheet. this makes my time recording fast and easy. And, also, the dropdown list selection of weeks time recorded, you can search for past recording time and easily go back to the current week.

Cons

What I like least is the Reset Timesheet View, which I don't use it, because I really don't need it when the user interface were too easy to record my time hours worked.